PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Islands

Apollymi
02-13-2019, 04:18 AM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7828/46165101305_a830e504e3_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/2dksdfv)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7882/46165101635_c217abc02f_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/2dksdmc)

Bloodedge
02-13-2019, 12:12 PM
A portal opened upon the Destiny Islands, giving way to a male figure clad in a black coat that obscured everything about his identity. He stepped forth and witnessed immediately the setting sun. A school was behind him, and all around were houses and the like strewn along a path toward the end of this large island. Below the falling sun, he could see a glimpse of another, smaller island covered in trees. "Hmm. I don't know if it's a good thing that a sunset is the first thing I'm seeing in a place that's supposed to alter my destiny. Whatever. I can probably fix anything bad that happens in my future, unless I explode or something."

Apollymi
02-13-2019, 12:29 PM
The portal which opened up also had another within. A young girl with raven hair separated into large pig tails also stepped out. She was attired in green tribal-like clothing, boots and small assortments of armor pieces. There were lots of wild feathers on her clothing, as well as purple lines of makeup around her body. Whatever the case she stepped out and the portal closed behind her. Upon hearing the words of her companion she sucked her teeth once more shaking her head from left to right. "There's nothing bad about a sunset. It just means moon rise is coming. Different light same day~" the girl mused. Her logic about life and perspective seemed to dictate that nothing could be bad, it was simply a matter of finding the good in it. "This place is pretty nice though~" she chimed stretching her arms above her head before taking a stance with her left hand upon her hip. "Think that volcano is active?" she asked sniffing the air and turning her head to look at the mountainous thing behind them.

Bloodedge
02-14-2019, 02:29 AM
"Can you be sure about that?" the male asked of his companion. "Sunset means darkness. Darkness means a danger to the world. Even though Darkness isn't evil by its nature alone, the things that come from it have instincts that create problems for everyone," he explained while stepping forward. He turned around, setting his gaze on the volcano at the island's center. The idea of it being active created a vision of an interesting contrast in which the light faded on one side, and a different light spawned from the other. Alas, it didn't seem this volcano would be producing anything naturally. "It doesn't seem active, but I don't think it matters much. If you want it to be active, I could try throwing a Mega Flare at it. I doubt any of that fruit is on this island anyway."

Apollymi
02-14-2019, 03:14 AM
"Can anyone be sure about anything?" the girl responded to the question she'd been asked. The pair of them were having an oddly philosophical conversation for a couple of teens looking for destiny-altering fruit. Still as the boy went on to explain himself and the coming dangers of the darkness, she realized that he was oddly skeptical about darkness as a part of nature. He seemed to find it problematic regardless of the more neutral nature it maintained because of the instincts which went along with what backed it. "Sure, sunset brings darkness, but it also gives the opportunity for light to show brighter by contrast. The instincts of the creatures of darkness aside, even a little speck of light is enough to hold them at bay..." the girl thought absently as she took a step or two forward. It seemed that there was a way to possibly make the volcano active, and he didn't think the fruit he was looking for could be found on this island anyways. A grin crossed Kairos' face as it became obvious what he was suggesting. Though she was herself quite fond of the idea of everything burning in a bright light, even she wouldn't sacrifice an entire island in blinding light just to have her strange desire sated a bit. "Ano, that's a bit extreme, yeah? Gonna have to take a pass... I'm a certifiable pyromaniac and even I know we shouldn't just cause a volcano eruption. Moderation~ That Mega Flare spell is pretty cool though... I gotta come up with something like that of my own. Lots of fire... you're the magical Master... so you should give me a few pointers~" she chimed as she looked around. She also didn't see any obvious place to find fruit trees or anything of the sort. Even so, she also had no idea where to go. "So, where do we look for a life-changing fruit, if not here?"

Bloodedge
02-14-2019, 08:56 AM
"Yes... Some things," was all Luxu had to say about this apparent certainty. As they both moved forward ever so slightly, Kairos suggested that the smallest sample of Light was enough to hold off the Darkness. Luxu had seen far too much already, and knew otherwise. "The world was born in darkness. From that darkness came light, which became hearts. Now, darkness grows again to consume everything." As he spoke, Luxu materialized the Keyblade he was given by his master, which bore her very eye at its tip. By his will, numerous portals of Darkness opened around the island, each one taller than any building in the area. What came from these giant portals was an army of massive, muscular, humanoid creature with skin black as night. Their appearances were identical to one another, featuring short legs with upward-curled feet, long and stocky arms, tiny twisted wings, and heads covered in twisted black tentacles. As well, they all possessed large heart-shaped holes in their abdominal regions. There were so many of these giants present, their shadows created a false night on the island.

With this done, Luxu reached up with his left hand to pull his hood away. He was then able to view Kairos directly with those amber eyes of his. "You're passing on the fireworks, so how about we swap that out for a show of the real danger in this world. I've seen your Unions and their members fighting against the Darkness... but I've also seen the bigger picture. Your master and the other Foretellers... Do you think they're prepared, and can prepare the rest of you, for this?"

Apollymi
02-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Master Luxu went on to claim that there were some things which were certain, at least to him. Kairos couldn't help but smirk at this, because she could believe in certain things but that was usually in reference to certain people. "That makes it sound cyclical," she mentioned only to watch as something strange happened. Luxu materialized his Keyblade and called forth numerous portals. And from these portals came a mass of darkness, Kairos had never witnessed before, her eyes widened at the sight of giant-armed darkness with heart-shaped holes in their chests. They had tiny wings and short legs and were terribly muscular and thus intimidating. Kairos took in the proportions of these beings, and a giggle escaped her, initially but she quieted it, by the time that Luxu removed his hood to look directly at her. "Kuku... Ahem. Sorry, those arms are ridiculous though," she managed with joy still present in her eyes. Soon though she turned her attention back, she wondered if the other Masters would be able to combat something like these creatures. "I mean, I don't know most of the other Masters. Right now all I have to go on are you... and Invi," she said looking up at this darkness and feeling something strangely akin to a thump in her chest. Her eyes came back to Master Luxu and her brows drew together in light confusion as she took in his visage and once again struggled with why his face seemed so familiar to her, and yet so strange. "I think, given the type of people you guys have shown yourselves to be, you'll do your best to make sure everyone is ready... To us normal uninformed people, shit like what I fought in the Cave of Wonders might be a bit too crazy," she mentioned knowing that something like these would test her skills just as much."But we will do what we always do, and try to overcome the challenge in front of us. And if nothing else, even a dozen weak people together could probably handle like one. And sometimes... that's enough." she offered honestly. By her own assessment something like this would be quite dangerous even to her. But she didn't plan to rest on her abilities and even if she had to branch into things considered less than normal, she'd do it to save herself and those closest to her.

Bloodedge
02-14-2019, 10:39 AM
The first reaction Kairos had to the swarm of Darkness was an interesting one. Above all else, she chose to jovially address the warped physique of these creatures. More to the point though, her only points of reference were Invi and Luxu himself as far as masters were concerned, and she allegedly believed such masters could indeed prepare for enemies such as these. "You think so? I don't think Invi could have defeated Kurt Zisa. Actually, I saw him fail once in that same cave. I'd also only give Kurt Zisa a three out of five, if I were to compare it to others I've seen." Luxu looked up as the Darkness spread around these creatures, encompassing the ground across this entire world by pouring their essence in all directions. It seemed the world itself would be consumed rather soon, but what's more, Shadow spawns of varying types began emerging from the Darkness along the ground. Inhabitants of this world were in grave danger, as was their home. In fact, the same could potentially be said of the two Keyblade wielders visiting the Destiny Islands. "You're right, though. Even the smallest amount of Light can overcome Darkness... if it can become bright enough. Keep in mind though, the opposite can also be true. So... are you going to take these guys out, or not? You said you wanted some pointers, right?"

Apollymi
02-14-2019, 11:03 AM
According to Master Luxu, after the apparent hilarity of the darkness before them had been addressed by Kairos, there was something else of equal import. He was in the know that one such as Master Invi would have fallen to a beast such as the one Kairos had managed to defeat alone in the Cave of Wonders. She inferred this based solely on the conversation they were currently having as the name Kurt Zisa was one unknown to her until this moment. "Ah, well... that's disappointing isn't it? I mean, Invi basically said the same thing the other day but... still. You're crushing my optimism. I'm goal-oriented. If he doesn't stand properly above, then this is going to get really boring for me..." she mused still seemingly enamored. "And that's a shame if you are only calling it a three out of five, that was a pretty rough fight, ya' know?" she said aloud. But the growing mass of darkness would seem to be one which needed to be taken care of in one way or another. "But even if he couldn't you could, and who knows what other sort of overlooked talent lay hidden among the others, like me. And you've got a better handle on the general powers of your would be apprentices and your peers," she said the last word as if stretching it, like she almost didn't want to use the word but she could at least believe a bit in the ones she didn't know.

Regardless there was a more immediate problem in the form of the darkness spreading themselves and their essence about in a manner which would likely be considered dangerous, even to Kairos at this point. The words spoken by Master Luxu seemed to be ones of goading asking if she intended to do something about the impending threat. "Hm, I thought I was done with work for the day, but an encore never hurt anyone~" she mused as she summoned within her hand that thorny looking keyblade with is black color and that still thumping cardinal heart in its teeth. "I know, I know... we got this," she mused aloud but not to the boy with her, but instead speaking directly to the weapon. Whatever Kairos intended the first of her actions would be to cast a quick succession of spells as she dove into battle without a second thought. "Zero Graviga! Magnega! Firaga!" this trio of spells aimed lock in dozens of smaller pieces of darkness around her, first launching them into the air in a bout of weightlessness, before pulling them into each other and physically damaging them in the process and lastly she aimed to set this mass of darkness ablaze with darkness enhanced flames. Whatever the outcome of this, her body was still in motion as her body flipped up the extended harm of one of these giant pieces of darkness as she intended to attack its face directly with her Keyblade. Upon the first strike those dark colored runes would aim to spread down the body of this particular heartless maiming it in such a way as to keep it from moving or utilizing its magical abilities.

Bloodedge
02-15-2019, 01:42 AM
"Don't get me wrong. I'm sure your master could have defeated something like Kurt Zisa, but... he didn't. There were a lot of variables, and they didn't work in his favor after fending off the other Heartless. Invi never excelled with strength or Magic power, so Kurt Zisa left him with no way to actually deal much damage. As for my ability to do something... well... I have an edge the other masters don't have. We both do," he concluded, glancing toward Kairos once more as he produced his final clause. "Only a few of us are unfocused enough to handle something like this though. Are you?"

Luxu awaited the answer of Kairos, and soon, he got it when she called upon her Keyblade. He hadn't seen the likes of this weapon since he gave her the first Keychain she wielded, so seeing it here was something interesting indeed. Her approach began with a trio of spells cast, the first two of which lifted and pulled the lesser Heartless nearby into her physical assault. The last of her combination aimed to set ablaze the pool of Darkness itself while Kairos moved onto the head of one giant enemy. The rune seal of her Keyblade began spreading down its head and part of its torso while Luxu looked on with a raised brow. "Darkside aren't weak. You'll have to hit it a lot more than that to stop it, but then what will you do about the other forty-nine?" he asked rhetorically, simultaneously offering the precise number of 'Darksides' brought to this area. Some Darksides were already making use of their massive arms to punch at Kairos at varying intervals and angles, while some others were beginning to manifest spheres of dark energy which shook the island with their collective power. "Your limit isn't going to be enough. So, what sort of spells are you capable of?"

Apollymi
02-15-2019, 03:57 AM
Kairos was soon informed about the nature of Master Invi and apparently a few of the other Masters. It was stated that he could have beaten something like the darkness she'd faced alone, if not for the other variables involved in the day. That was at least reassuring, because it would have been boring if the Masters weren't capable. Even so, it seemed that there was a certain flexibility required to deal with the massive problem produced by Luxu on Destiny Islands. "Dunno, guess we're about to find out, huh?" she asked most rhetorically.

As this battle went on the first of her maneuvers appeared to be successful in dealing with the smaller number of darkness as well as her initial assault upon the first of the Darksides. Though that came with a bit of chiding from her would-be mentor who went on to explain that such a creature would need more work applied to it than she'd managed initially. "Ah, well that's news. I've never used that on anything and had it not work, but fine..." she muttered, considering that against strong targets the natural ability of her Keyblade would need a bit more umpf. "Also you could hold back just a little. Fifty is a huge amount to overcome. I'm one girl, sir!" she claimed, only to throw her Keyblade directly as she jumped away from the face of the Darkside, this would send it ricocheting against said face in a circular motion, more than a dozen times, building the number of runes on its person until it was all but consumed. There was also the matter of the coming large-fist heartless aiming to punch her out of the air. "Reflega!" this created a spherical barrier around the girl where she'd have fists bashed against it and be bounced around a bit like a pinball between these large creatures. "Kukukuku!~" she laughed as she was all but tossed around like a rag doll within the safety of this barrier. "Hm, in addition to the ones you've probably already seen, I can also do water spells and wind spells," she said not making mention of the barrier she'd obviously already used. This would take her grand total up pretty high as she seemed to have a pretty decent balance of offensive and defensive spells. Though technically she was better versed in the use of supplementary and defensive spells. "Ah, I should say, I'm better at the ones which aren't innately offensive... that's important. I've known them way longer and use them more freely." she said. "Firaga!" she mentioned setting the barrier she was within on fire as she was bounced between several of these Darksides, aiming to cause them even more damage as she tried to think up a proper strategy for dealing with them.

Bloodedge
02-15-2019, 06:35 AM
"I guess we are," was the retort of Luxu, who hardly warranted the attention of these Heartless for whatever reason. His gaze remained unbroken while Kairos made use of her Raid technique to increase the severity of the first Darkside's seal, though she fell quickly to a defensive spell when facing the melee attacks of the others. As he watched her bounce around due to contact made with her reflective barrier, he held a hand to his chin. "Fire, Water, Wind... Magnet, Gravity, and barriers..." he muttered. He was beginning to get a feel for what he could recommend Kairos, and the more he saw her physical capabilities, the more he realized this was an easy feat. The fire spell she used around her own barrier completed the idea he was having, which he rather quickly produced for the girl to hear. "Raging Storm. If executed properly, someone like you should be able to make an Ultimate-class spell by surrounding yourself in swirling pillars of fire, sort of like Fire Surge. As long as you're able to turn your flames into pillars, they should become concentrated enough to meet the power demand you need for this sort of thing. From there, your ability to maneuver around your enemy should take care of the rest."

Apollymi
02-15-2019, 07:14 AM
As Kairos was being bounced around among the melee attacks of several Darkside, she was soon given a tip. Though she was already applying a bit of fire based damage to those who would attack the barrier she'd encased herself in, it was hardly enough to properly discourage their actions. Master Luxu had a bit of a boon for her, in the way of a spell he referred to as Raging Storm. His claim was that she could use the things she already knew to create pillars of fire around herself with the concentration of flames needed to dispatch the large number of enemies he'd placed in front of her. "Huh... like Fire Surge, but bigger and more intense..." she seemed to look a tad inquisitive, but she didn't have much more time to consider it. 'So I need like... to swirl fire while also concentrating it? That would make pillars right?' she questioned herself. Even her barriers had a limit and the one she was in began to crack around her. She called her Keyblade back to her hand as she noticed this happening. "Welp, looks like it's showtime..." she murmured. As she began to gather magical power at the end of her Keyblade. Though she could have easily cast magic directly from her person, in this case she felt she needed the safety net of her Keyblade to try something so new. The idea of intensifying her own use of fire and trying to meld it into columns was extreme. This was especially difficult and time-consuming for a girl who could present hear the cracking of her own barrier.

Every second that went by she continued to be bounced around, but managed to keep her balance like a gyroscope, balancing herself in the same way she intended to balance all the magic she was mixing and its power. Even so it wouldn't be until the last possible second that she'd make anything of it. In fact her entire body was glowing with magical power, even as her barrier shattered around her. No matter what happened though, it wouldn't be until she was ready that all of this magic would be released. A torrent of swirling fire would spread out from the tip of the girl's keyblade around her body in a solid column of fiery winds which spread out around her person in all directions. What was more, these would aim to mar the field in around her completely aiming to engulf all around her in intense flames. Even if they weren't felled by flames alone, the girl would begin to move once more, aiming to physically attack each of the fifty present Darksides directly. A flurry of flips, agile side-winding movements, Keyblade throws, and even spins, would have the young woman making slashing physical contact with every single piece of giant darkness in sight. What was more, between the flames and the binding applied by her weapon, she was almost certain she could take them out, though she'd be admittedly exhausted regardless.

Bloodedge
02-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Following his explanation of a potential new spell for Kairos, Luxu fell silent. He was more than content to simply observe what Kairos had to offer, even while he continued questioning his own choice in letting her be so near to him. Perhaps it was best if he treated this as part of his farewell tour, like his visits with the other masters. It would likely be for the best to leave well enough alone in this case, if only to prevent doing to another what had been forced upon him. Regardless of this train of thought, he rather enjoyed the show put on by Kairos when she was released from her barrier and left to make use of the Raging Storm spell. Her efforts against the Darkside swarm was a valiant one, and her use of the fire spell managed to reach all fifty of its targets thanks to her maneuverability. However, it seemed she'd only managed to damage them with fire, and only slow them with the power of her Keyblade. Seeing the girl exhaust so much of her ability for so little output made Luxu realize one of the major reasons he'd scouted her as his apprentice: she could truly accomplish much, much more by accessing the Darkness within her. Sadly, there was more to it than this. The Darksides may have been maimed, but those which had begun forming orbs of Darkness had accumulated enough to forge a single, super-massive sphere to black out the sky. The others were not so much a threat at present, but this single mass was a potential world-ending creation. "Well... you stopped them, and they all seem weakened. That there's a problem though. So? Still think it's enough?"

Apollymi
02-15-2019, 09:32 AM
When Kairos finally stopped moving she looked up to see that all the Darksides still remained. Though most were unmoving and even more had been maimed not one had been felled by what she had to offer. "Eh? Well, first off that big ass thing is a showstopper and downright unfair," she claimed showing the slightest hint of annoyance at the situation presently shown to her. "Second, I did like two thirds of the work, a solid sixty percent starting point ain't half bad really... Though I did think I'd do a bit better than that..." she commented understanding the gravity of the situation. She was tired from all she'd done, so she couldn't say she'd be of much use physically, and she'd exhausted a great deal of her own magic stores doing all she'd done. Had it been enough? If even one had fallen she supposed she could have said yes. She could have been satisfied by this outcome, but... it simply wasn't the case. Still... there was a bit of optimism left in her and she went on to explain her thoughts about it. "I did say I was goal-oriented. I'm probably better suited to setting stuff like this as a goal. And to be honest it isn't enough right now, but it might be one day, and that is what actually matters right? That's why everyone is doing stuff, to get better and try to be ready for shit like this..." she mused. As she stared at the large orb created by all the Darksides scattered across the battle field she got the idea that using such a wide-scale attack against them, infused with darkness might be enough to wipe them out. It was against her nature to have attempted such a thing initially because of how she viewed herself. And though she'd taken on her more jolly persona, she realized in this moment she'd had doubts which had lingered a bit past her good mood. Without thinking about it consciously, her Keyblade materialized in her hand, once again and she looked out at the giant orb exhaling another exhausted breath. 'Not over until the curtain falls right?' Her thoughts on this moment, were aligned with her heart's desires, so maybe... what she had in mind was possible.

Bloodedge
02-16-2019, 09:58 AM
"That's my whole point. A speck of light isn't enough to take out the masses of darkness. But... even the greatest darkness still can't extinguish the smallest light. The two can't really exist without each other." Luxu offered this additional clause as he nonchalantly twirled his own Keyblade in his right hand. "It might be enough one day, but if you're not there for it, what difference does it make you? Also... that's not at all why your Unions are doing things." Luxu was more than prepared to deal with these Heartless and their ultimate assault himself, but Kairos herself was not quite done yet. At the summoning of her Keyblade, Luxu ceased the twirling of his own, taking it up in a reverse grip. "May your heart be your guiding key," he stated prior to taking to the sky himself, launching himself directly toward the sphere of Darkness. His Keyblade rose against it and began spinning again, seeming to force the sphere away with only a slight amount of effort required of Luxu himself. "If you want a piece of my mind to go with that piece of my heart you have, though... Darkness isn't evil. Darkness isn't a weapon, a tool, or a crutch. Just like Light... Darkness is a necessity," he said during the ascent of the dark sphere, as well as his own climb higher into the sky.

Apollymi
02-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Apparently Luxu was very much into his ideas about the darkness and light needing each other to coexist. Kairos supposed she hadn't thought of anything like that before this point, but it did at least make sense. She wasn't sure how she felt about it, but at the very least she could accept it as a probable truth. As the conversation continued though, Luxu questioned how she felt about whether the small light would grow into light enough to bring down the darkness if she wasn't going to be there. "Eh? Well, I suppose it doesn't make much difference. I never know where I am going to be at any given time, so all I can do is look forward to it. Smiling helps..." she said with a gentle nod of her head, as for the bit about their Unions not actually doing what she'd been told she shrugged it off. "Another mystery, that may or may not actually matter to me at all~" the girl chimed. Still in her heart she knew she wasn't quite done with with fight yet. And it seemed Master Luxu was finally ready to act as well as he jumped into the air Kairos did as well, and his parting bit of advice made her look to the lad remembering their earlier interactions. "Necessity huh? I still think that is a bit too rigid, but... I guess it is an improvement over evil~" she chose to take this message with optimism. "A piece of your heart and a piece of your mind, hm. I wonder what piece I'll end up with next~" she mused though strangely this wasn't exactly a joke, though her mood was still jolly. Meanwhile Luxu held off the dark orb above, even forcing it away. And after her speech, Kairos began making one similar to that one at the tip of her Keyblade aimed downward, at the fifty Darksides below. As it grew in size, a grin spread across her face that wouldn't simply be removed. 'I guess I can deal with that...' she mused internally.

Bloodedge
02-17-2019, 11:31 AM
"Heh! Talking like that, you sound like me," he said in a most casual manner. Kairos, having taken the clause of necessary Darkness in stride, joined Luxu in the air while commenting on his previous statement and the fragment of his heart she held. Such a thing caused the male to laugh as he launched the Darksides' energy away. "No clue, but I've been feeling generous lately. Is there something specific you'd like?" he asked, apparently being in a good humor at the moment. With Kairos forming her own ball of Darkness, Luxu reached around her right side with his own Keyblade to place it parallel to hers. Magic was channeled through the tip of Luxu's Keyblade to further feed the effort Kairos put forth by both enlarging the ball and infusing it with a mighty - and in this case, dark - swirling wind. "Aeroza!"

Apollymi
02-17-2019, 12:16 PM
According to Master Luxu, Kairos' recent choice of words made her sound like him. She chuckled about this, finding it funny. "Kukuku~ I am going to take that as a compliment~" she mentioned as she continued to charge her present attack. She'd already decided to use the darkness to try and end the darkness and though it seemed counterproductive, she was also content to continue her joking conversation with the Master. He was apparently feeling generous about the parts of himself that he offered, and jokingly asked her what she'd like. Comedic timing being one of Kairos' specialties she had an immediate comeback. "Oh, buyer's choice, huh? Well, I can't turn down a generous offer, the hair is definitely next on the list~" she claimed, bringing back her thoughts at her first point seeing him in her own head. She would have cut this off completely, but his sudden appearance at her side, even reaching around her with his Keyblade parallel to hers, made her keep talking as she glanced over at his face once more. "Hmm...I don't know though, I kinda like your eyes too... it's too hard to choose~" she whined seemingly in jest. But if she was going to whine about something she probably should have waited few seconds longer, as Luxu decided to add to her current spell build up, with a wind spell unlike any she'd ever seen before and with a suffix she'd never heard before. The massive increase in size and composition of her spell, made her eyes widen. "Wait, wait, wait... 'za' you can 'za' spells? Really?!" she turned her purple gaze towards the young man with her and looked astonished. As an accomplished spell-caster, Kairos knew that magic had great depths, but she'd never had a long standing conversation with anyone who was actually better at it than she was. Such a showing from Master Luxu gave her the idea that her magic could be expanded upon in a great way. With that in mind she released the darkness she'd been building up at many times the size she would have shot it off at, based on Master Luxu's interference. She'd used a water spell, intending to release it like a tidal wave from above, with the addition of Master Luxu's magic to her own, dark water cyclones would aim to ravage the entire population of Darksides below at its release.

Bloodedge
02-18-2019, 07:03 AM
In response to his joking offer, Kairos mentioned that she'd lay claim to the Master's hair. Such a thing made him suddenly seem almost legitimately shocked. "My hair? Don't even joke; I've been growing it my whole life!" he said, even though he remained in high spirits. Kairos moved on however, claiming she couldn't choose between his hair or his eyes. "Well... I guess I could give up one of those. I have an extra," he commented, shifting his gaze toward Kairos as he spoke. Her surprise at the notion of spells featuring the 'za' suffix was something to take note of, and it made Luxu realize this was the reason she had used so many spells which capped out at the 'ga' level. "I was wondering about your spell choice. The fourth level is a milestone above the others. If you can manage them, the sky becomes the limit." With that said, Luxu was left to see the end result of his spell being added to the one cast by Kairos. Seeing the massive accumulation of magic cascade over the Darksides and the island below was a treat, but also something that made Luxu realize he'd need to be fixing something in a matter of moments. Of course, he'd always intended to rewind time and not ravage an entire world with Heartless that shouldn't have been let loose anywhere, but that was another matter entirely. One by one, and in some cases two by two or more, the Darksides were blown away and washed over by a tide of magic, and the island began to disappear with it. "By the way, there are more levels beyond that."

Apollymi
02-18-2019, 07:39 AM
It seemed that Master Luxu was at least capable of keeping up the sort of joking conversation that Kairos liked having, even going so far as to mention that she couldn't even joke about having his hair because he'd been growing it his whole life. The almost genuine shock of the moment made the young woman laugh just a little. "I mean, it will keep growing, it isn't like you need all of it~" she snapped backwards without so much as a casual thought. Of course, there was also the matter of his eyes and apparently he was willing to part with one of them which made the young woman click her tongue against her teeth. "Naw, that doesn't work. I'm a little greedy, I need the pair~" she stated plainly seeming to be serious just for a moment before her eyes went on to watch the carnage below. During this, and because of her questioning of the use of 'za' spell suffixes Master Luxu also mentioned that it was something like a milestone to achieve this level of spell. Noting that being able to do so would open up a world of possibilities. Kairos watched while a great number of Darksides began to disappear.

"Wow! Really?! Ya' know, I didn't really know anybody who was better at magic than me before, so I hadn't really considered it could go farther..." she mentioned, thinking it had been a good idea to pick at the man's brain a bit. It'd gotten her a lot of useful information. "I'm gonna do stuff with that... thanks~" she said offering her gratitude for the new information. At the mention that there was magic beyond even that, her eyes widened as she imagined the use of her favored kind of spell on an even more massive scale. She couldn't help but become giddy with laughter about it as an idea, even though she wasn't necessarily set upon the amount of destruction she could cause with such a skill set, she wasn't above having said power. Still she didn't seem too bothered by the fact that everything below them seemed to be disappearing in the tide of the magic they'd unleashed.

Bloodedge
02-18-2019, 08:56 AM
"Well that's just downright selfish of you," he jested during a slow, measured descent. Luxu would never reach the coated ground, nor would he allow Kairos to do so. Not moving too far away, he shifted himself toward Kairos. Her intention to go above and beyond the standard for magical ability was much like his own some years ago, albeit with different circumstances surrounding it. "I didn't know anyone better than me either. But... I'm always looking for something more," he stated. With that, his Keyblade's chain switched, converting his Keyblade to its blue state with a clock face at its tip. A misty blue aura emerged from the Keyblade, enshrouding both Luxu and Kairos. Suddenly, they would be standing once again on the island as the sun began to set, though he altered their location slightly so their view would be that of another, smaller island off the shore. "That's more like it. I got a pretty good view of the place while those Darksides were out. There are some trees over there that might have fruit on them."

Apollymi
02-18-2019, 09:24 AM
"Is it?" she said also in jest, like she hadn't the slightest idea why such a thing could be considered selfish, and with this began a minor monologue which bordered upon the level of tirade in its comedic value. "Well, fine... I suppose I could let you keep them. Ya' know, since with gifts it's supposed to be the thought that counts. Plus, I might not like them so much if they were just floating around somewhere. Your face is kinda necessary for the overall ascetic..." she said taking a moment to frame his face with her fingers as if making a picture of his face, including his hair that she stared at a few seconds too long as he moved towards her. Though given she'd also claimed to have wanted his hair she realized that her earlier desires could have been satisfied with much more simple request. And as such that would be the punchline to the jest going for quite sometime. "Hmm, I could have just asked for your head by that logic~" she finished this monologue as they made their way towards the ground but apparently didn't touch it.

At the notion that he hadn't known anyone better than himself either she only scoffed. "Well not all of us can be self-motivated," she offered sticking her tongue out at the lad and managing to seem like she was in a huff, but not being anything of the sort. Still there was the matter of something new happening before her. Strangely, this lad's Keyblade was made into the form she'd first seen it as. Besides this the time around them was altered but both retained a common knowledge of what had happened previously. She even got to see and feel a strange blue mist. "Hmm, that's a bit different... Nice, nice..." she mused as if it was a simple apprasial of his abilities. Moving along from this there was the commentary that a nearby smaller island had some trees on it, that he might find his destiny-altering fruit. "Hm, island-hopping, sounds like a bit of fun. Let's go!~" she mused content to follow along with the same amount of vigor she'd led her previous adventure with.

Bloodedge
02-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Once time was reset in this world, Luxu stepped forward with his Keyblade still in hand. Turning to Kairos again, he raised said Keyblade to the nape of his neck whilst wearing a cheeky grin, aiming to address her statements made prior to his time-altering. "Well, if the rest of my face needs to stay, I guess there's no other way, is there? Some queen wanted my head taken off once, but you were a lot nicer about it, so... I think you might deserve it." As he spoke these words, Luxu took steps backwards toward a canoe at the shore's edge. One of these would be a rather easy way of crossing the sea toward the other island, at least for the sake of taking some extra relaxation time and avoiding some teleportation method. "So, shall we go the old-fashioned way? Well, you and my severed head, I mean..."

Apollymi
02-18-2019, 10:36 AM
A cheeky grin would be what greeted Kairos and her eyes would widen just a tad, as it was mentioned by the lad that someone else had once demanded his head. He apparently thought Kairos more deserving of it in this case and it caused her to chuckle just a bit. "Well, that Queen has good taste. And I can't say I blame her, the whole head is a great package, nice eyes, great hair, good brain, and that cheeky smirk~" she mused seeming to find something interesting about those things when taken all together. The thought that she deserved these things in someway was also a bit tantalizing to her, but she couldn't exactly place why. As they moved along, with Master Luxu moving backwards, he claimed that they could take it the old-fashioned way, by a tiny canoe. Kairos having been walking along all this time simply nodded her agreement. "Of course, of course. We have to take time and smell the roses. Or I guess... ocean. Whatever... also, I can't travel with just your head. That'd be a bit boring, I have nothing to carry it in... it'd be a big mess..." she said seeming to find it funnier than she had previously. And giving a confirmation to the idea of taking the canoe in the first place. "Besides, I have no intention of rowing that canoe alone. And... it'd be pretty boring to have to make-up your end of the jokes too~" she mentioned content to take up place in the canoe when it was reached and help row it along whenever they took off towards this new island.

Bloodedge
02-18-2019, 11:41 AM
"Oh?" Luxu replied as the Keyblade was moved away from his neck and waved about in a very lackadaisical manner. "Well thanks, but I get the impression that she wanted my head for different reasons. She didn't take to me very easily... or at all," he concluded. Turning around to face the canoe, he twirled his Keyblade until he finally banished it. Since Kairos had no apparent intention of rowing the canoe with his decapitated head in tow, he sighed and shrugged, as if figuring he'd have to leave his head attached. "Fine, fine. I'll just have to figure out what it means to be without a body another day. Well..." Whatever he intended to say, he paused and shook his head while laughing. Without further ado, he stepped into the canoe with a hand extended to Kairos. In a matter of moments after this, he fully intended to push the canoe off shore and begin moving toward the next island.

Apollymi
02-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Kairos walked with Master Luxu as he waved his Keyblade about with reckless abandon. He began speaking on the matter of the Queen who'd wanted his head, and apparently he'd not made such a good impression on her as he did on Kairos. "Awww~ Well, better luck next time~" she said of the boy's lack of bonding with some Queen that wanted to cut his head off. While it was a bit weird to imagine, Kairos could at least find a bit of humor in trying to befriend someone who'd once wanted you dead for a simple reason. Soon enough, Kairos found a hand extended to her, after Luxu banished his Keyblade, she looked at him for a second longer than was necessary. His laughter in the moment prior was startling. She thought it cute in the moment considering how serious he'd been for a while when they'd first met up today. Still she took his hand and hopped into the canoe before he pushed it off and they headed for the island. "I feel like it's no fair if you don't share the punchline, but I also feel like it'd be lost on me~ You're a strange one, Master Luxu~" with that said the young woman looked out over the island with its setting sun and the water with wide eyes. It was quite an amazing sight to behold, and she found herself gently balanced in the boat staring over as if she had no fear of falling.

Bloodedge
02-18-2019, 12:10 PM
Luxu could agree to the comedic value of the hypothetical situation in which he would attempt befriending the queen. Of course he would never bother to do such a thing, but it was quite the interesting thought nonetheless. "Luck is an interesting word to apply," he commented, having come to know even more information he had no intention of sharing so openly. Still, he occasionally seemed incapable of holding back these initial statements, even when he intended to delve no further into the clauses. Perhaps it was for such a reason that Kairos called him strange, but as he rowed away bit by bit, he stared out into space without a single apparent worry about that matter in particular. "Yeah... some of my friends always thought so too," he commented, seeming to have lost himself in deep thought for a moment.

Apollymi
02-18-2019, 12:32 PM
"Oh?" she quizzically asked though it was rhetorical. She thought of it as a funny moment. Beyond this though as the rowing began the lad seemed to be a bit spaced out, mentioning that some of his friends also thought him strange. "Hm... well that isn't a bad thing. Strange is cool..." Kairos said finding the lad staring off into space when she turned around to look at him. Her own choice in friends made it quite obvious that strange was exactly the type she enjoyed. Something she also enjoyed, was the look on this lad's face while he stared off into space. Though she'd mostly been talking in jest for the duration of their time spent together this day, she'd not be at all dishonest or joking when mentioning she enjoyed the look of Luxu's face. In getting to know him she was also starting to like his personality as well and that was a strange thing to consider. The moment she had this thought her eyes widened and she returned her gaze to the ocean and island ahead.

Bloodedge
02-19-2019, 07:44 AM
"You think so too, huh? One of my friends said the same thing once..." he added to the notion of strangeness being something 'cool' as spoken by Kairos and one other before. Though he remained spaced-out, he was no less attentive to the discussion at hand. In fact, the wanderings of his mind continuously led him back to this moment which continued to become something resembling his day-to-day life. "You remind me of my friends, actually. Well... some of them. Maybe that's why I considered making you my apprentice for so long."

Apollymi
02-19-2019, 08:15 AM
"Well, we're not wrong~" she mentioned of herself and whatever other friend of his found his strangeness cool. Normal was way too common after all, and something a little different was always worth looking into as far as Kairos was concerned. As they moved along, it seemed that Kairos reminded the lad of a few of his friends. He stated that this was likely why he'd been considering making her his apprentice. Such a thing made the raven-haired lass' brow raise as she turned back to look at him. "Really? Well, that sounds a bit like a compliment. But what do you mean for so long. I know you said it had been a couple of weeks for you since my yesterday... But given your current disposition it sounds like it's been much longer than a few days or even a few weeks for you since the fountain," she mentioned. She wasn't really prying, but she was curious how long this decision had been floating around in this young man's head. Besides that, earlier in this day she'd said she wasn't actively aiming to be his apprentice, but the more she spoke with him, the more she realized it might be exactly the sort of thing she wanted. She wondered what exactly being his apprentice would entail, how much more she could aim to glean from his mind, and strangely how much more time she could expect to spend with him. The last of these thoughts was randomly associated with how much she liked looking at his face and the strange feelings she gained when doing so for longer than a few seconds.

Bloodedge
02-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Eventually, Luxu's rowing of the canoe built up enough momentum that he was able to stop, letting the canoe drift along the sea for awhile. This allowed the young master some time to rest, which he used to kick back and cross his arms while Kairos questioned him. Her curiosity led her to wonder how long it had been since he first began seeing her as a potential apprentice. Right away, Luxu fell into deep thought again. How long had it been for him? He traversed time so frequently, he could hardly keep track whilst trying to do so many things while repeating entire days over and over again. "Hmm. It's hard to say, really. Every time I go back, I end up repeating events of the same day in different ways. Sometimes, I even go do something else entirely... just to make as much use of the time as possible before I have to go away. It might have even been a few years since we met, even though I don't seem to have aged any more than these, what... few days? Anyway, it's been a long time. Long enough that I think I've even changed my mind about that apprenticeship."

Apollymi
02-19-2019, 08:57 AM
Her questions seemed to make the young man think quite a bit. They'd built up enough speed for him to stop rowing so they could gently coast along the ocean as he found the best way to answer her most recent inquiry. And when he finally did so, it was in a way that she didn't expect. It was a tale of him going back, living multiples of the same days, doing different things or the same things or altering things, many times. He claimed that up to a few years could have gone by, and he wouldn't know it because of all that he had going on. Kairos tried imagining trying to keep so many variables straight in her head, and decided that it was likely too much to even think about. Beyond this was the point that he'd apparently had enough time to want to make her his apprentice and change his mind about it. This came as a large surprise to Kairos. "What?! I can't even process spending years in the same couple of days... that's pretty crazy. It's good you didn't age too much though, it'd be a bit freaky to know you yesterday and meet you as an old man tomorrow," she said as her immediate reaction, still there was something more to be said than that. "Shame you changed your mind though. Hanging out with you is pretty fun and the idea of being your apprentice is growing on me~"

Bloodedge
02-19-2019, 09:25 AM
"It's not as bad as it sounds. It only takes 1,000 hours to become a master of something. Spend 10,000 hours doing something, and you're the greatest who ever lived. Time travel itself is no exception. You could basically consider it one really long memory exercise," he claimed with a light chuckle. Moving on though, it seemed the idea of becoming his apprentice was something Kairos had started considering with some level of legitimacy. Luxu wouldn't have expected such a thing to be the case, but maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere. "I... changed my mind for a reason," he said, deciding explaining this here and now was for the best to avoid any confusion. "Do you remember what I said when you asked if I had a Union?"

Apollymi
02-19-2019, 09:44 AM
"10,000 hours, huh? I am gonna have to get back to my tumbling exercises at some point then~" she said, remembering a wish of hers from a very long time before this very moment. This was a light jest, and though the young man with her claimed the entire thing was more of a mental exercise than anything else, she still couldn't say she'd be anything remotely sane, if she'd had to do the same thing. Beyond this point, Master Luxu thought to clear up why he changed his mind about making her his apprentice, and strangely he did this by asking her to recall some information he'd given her in the days prior to this one. "Hm...." she mumbled thinking about it and then she cleared her throat to give her best Luxu impression. "I don't get a Union, but I do get a direct apprentice." she finished before thinking about it more. There was a sudden shock in her eyes right behind her general understanding. Right beneath the joke she'd so recently made, she realized he likely said that with those words for exactly that meaning. He meant he only got a single apprentice, she wondered what he could be doing to make that the case, but felt like prying in this instance was a bit too much. Even so, she returned to her normal voice, to question this directly just to be certain... "I take it you meant that as literally as it sounded, you only get one person to take with you?" she asked.

Bloodedge
02-19-2019, 09:59 AM
"Tumbling exercises?" Luxu questioned. He had no earthly idea what she could have been talking about, but whatever it was, she apparently wished to be the greatest 'tumbler' to ever exist. Their conversation took a more serious tone over time though, leading to the matter of Luxu and his singular apprentice. Kairos recalled his words as he stood in the canoe, facing toward the island they were steadily approaching. It didn't take much more than this moment of recollection for her to put the pieces of this puzzle together, and likely understood his change of heart. In responding to her query, he chose an approach that wasn't exactly direct, yet would still confirm her suspicion. "That friend of yours from Agrabah. You two are close enough that you were willing to risk falling to your own darkness to save him. Of all the realities I've seen, that one comes up most when I consider taking you with me. It makes me wonder... if I can do to someone else what the Master is doing to me."

Apollymi
02-19-2019, 10:39 AM
It seemed that her reference to tumbling exercises was heard, but not understood. This was to be expected, considering such a statement had simply fallen out of her head because it was the first thing she'd thought of mastering in her entire existence. "Ah... well," she paused a little seeming a tad sheepish for the first time. "I kind of had a dream or rather a wish to be top clown when I was a kid. I am an excellent tumbler, with great comedic timing and all, but I wanted to be the best ever..." she said stopping just shy of mentioning something extremely childish and embarrassing for her. Somehow, looking at Luxu's face made this entire situation way worse for her, as if she was admitting to something embarrassing or remembering it with someone who should know what she meant. But that couldn't be possible at all. As such, she allowed the conversation to shift away from this point, easing into the reason that someone like Master Luxu had apparently changed his mind about making Kairos his apprentice.

Surprisingly enough, there wasn't an actual negative reason associated with it, at least not from Kairos' perspective. Instead, the young master with her, was worried about potentially taking another person from their current situation and placing them into the same boat he was in. "Ah, that's not quite the kind of reasoning I expected... but I get where you're coming from," she said only to chuckle a little. "Well, as much as I can, given I don't really know what kind of task you've been assigned. But I've already figured out that every mask-bearer I've seen has a different task so it's assumable you have something like that too," she said. Agrabah was a interesting point of contention for the lad, apparently the thought of her being willing to throw herself to the darkness to save someone was surprising to him, and marked her closeness with her friend. "Eh, I didn't see it as that risky in the first place, if I am being honest. I would have done the same thing for anyone I considered my friend. It just so happened that at the time I only had one..." she said thoughtfully. "In fairness to you though, it wouldn't really be something you caused, if someone decided to join you," she said while nodding her head considering the best way to bend the previously mentioned sentences to fit her current desires.

Bloodedge
02-19-2019, 10:55 AM
"You were a clown, huh? That's an interesting thing for a kid to be doing with their life, but if it's something you found to be worth pursuing... good for you," he stated in regards to Kairos' childhood wish. As for the matter of Luxu's apprentice, Kairos had other reasons in mind for why he would have removed her from the list, but no such reasons existed. She at least understood that the Foretellers each had a role to fulfill, and gave no exception to him in the thought. She was in no way wrong about this, but it seemed Luxu himself had been wrong in assuming Kairos had thrown herself into darkness for a specific individual. "That doesn't make it much better. In that case, I would be telling someone to choose one person over another," he said. Nevertheless, the following words which left Kairos' mouth implied that her own choice in becoming his apprentice would discard any blame toward himself for placing someone in such a predicament. The idea alone was grand, even if still somewhat bitter. In the end, he could only laugh just a tad. "That would make it better, yeah. Knowing the journey ahead though, I don't think there's a reason good enough to fully make it a good decision. That's why I thought... it might be best if I waited until the end to go looking for someone."

Apollymi
02-19-2019, 11:23 AM
"Yep, I was a clown... And it was pretty fun," she said still managing to look sheepish. Though this was thought to be a strange undertaking for a child, Luxu apparently thought it was good for her, so long as she found merit in it. Such a thing made a grin come to her face. Still, it seemed the reasoning behind Kairos' actions after they were revealed still bothered the master a tad, as it was thought that it meant now that he would be making a person choose between situations instead of simply acting based on a previously established notion. "Nope. Nothing like that either, just doing whatever is right in the moment, no choices need be made... Don't think. Feel so good~" this was all Kairos had to say about it. Perhaps the level of happy-go-lucky she was normally didn't allow her to think too much about things like that. The consequences of her actions, the words she spoke, and all of the things about her which made their marks upon the world, were but a passing thought to the lass. Still eventually a laugh would come from this young man, and though it wasn't the type she was looking for, she'd accept it and his apparently logic while shrugging it off, and even teasing the words of the statement she found troublesome. "Laughs gotta come from deeper than that... way down in there," she said. "And, it goes without saying that last bit was too ominous. Overall the sales pitch is a bit creepy, but never underestimate the curiosity of a nosy person~" she said, giving into the idea at least in jest, that she might follow him just to find out what he was worried about. And giving a mild critique of his words as if pep-talking some sort of salesman. She truly felt this lad could spare a bit to lighten up just a tad, but she had been a clown previously and generally felt this way about everyone when she was in the sort of mood she currently was.

Bloodedge
02-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Something about the words spoken by Kairos struck a chord within Luxu. Specifically, it was the end of her speech regarding living in the moment. Luxu was suddenly brought back, interestingly enough, to something that was once almost considered a bedtime story to him. 'Kingdom Hearts is always there when you "Don't think, feel so... Good" things wait for those who open their Hearts.' He spoke aloud the words Kairos herself said, but the rest flowed through his mind in a haze. Overall, it was an interesting sentence to speak, and one which immediately took its own place in his mind. Nevertheless, his spirits were lifted somewhat. "Right. I'll work on getting my sales up. Maybe I'll recruit a Moogle to do the work for me. Anyway... I can't do anything about a curious mind; I've got my own to deal with. If you ever wanna know... there's always a door to all the information I have, and it's still waiting for someone to unlock it."

Apollymi
02-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Kairos got to watch as Luxu apparently took some of her words in stride. Beyond this, there was a strange occurance in her own mind, when she heard the words 'Don't think. Feel so good.' come from the mouth of the master. Her eyes widened and at this very moment, she felt like she'd heard him say it before. "Huh?" she muttered as the sound of his voice hit her ears, and even the tone and cadence of it seemed familiar. It was almost like his lips, were the ones she'd heard it from in the first place. She got to feel something akin to nostalgia and deja vu. The likes of which she hadn't experienced since their very first set of meetings. Even so, his snappy comeback and lifted mood were enough for the lass to shake off the residual, and simply be happy in the moment that everything had turned out alright. "That's the spirit, Moogles are pretty cute too. It'd be great for business~" she said in keeping with her current thoughts. Apparently he had no fix for a curious mind, and his own to deal with, claiming that the information he had to offer was locked behind a door and waiting for whoever wanted it. "A door huh? That's really conventional, but I carry around a giant key, so I might just sate my own curiosity one day~" she mused. Still their approach of the island seemed simultaneously near and far, and she didn't really care how long it took because, even in these moments she was just enjoying this lad's company. She wondered again why this was the case, but decided that thinking about it would be useless.

Bloodedge
02-20-2019, 09:39 AM
"Hm?" Luxu replied when Kairos seemed taken aback by something. It was his assumption that it was the fact that he repeated her words, to which he had an eventual response. "Oh. Sorry, it's just... that line reminds me of something I used to hear from someone really important to me," he claimed. In a matter of moments, the canoe was reaching a pier at the edge of this smaller island they sought. Luxu took a moment to reach out and grab a rope with which to restrain the canoe, just in case the pair wished to return to the main island at the end of this journey. "Well, if you ever want to do something about that curiosity of yours... you know where the door is. If not, I gave you something that'll let you find it... and if I'm right, there'll be something else to it as well..." With that said, Luxu hopped from the canoe onto the pier. There was an amazing view of the main island from this spot, and he took it in for a short while until his eyes wandered to the beach on his left. "This place is... so familiar to me."

Apollymi
02-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Kairos' shock at the lad repeating her words, was taken to him as something very different from why she'd been shocked. He went on to explain that the words simply reminded him of something he'd heard before from someone who was important to him. Kairos could have said the same, though in her case it wouldn't have made as much sense. "I see. I could... say the same. You saying it, reminded me of someone else too..." she said and technically she wasn't lying. Still there was something about the way this sentence was spoken which added more familiarity to it, like it somehow made stronger the connection in her mind between Luxu's voice and the moment she remembered it. There was a very strange story surrounding where the girl had picked up such a philosophy and explaining it was potentially embarrassing. As such she was content to remain quiet on her thoughts for the most part, still a bit of cheeky commentary would remain. "Oh? So no secret knock or password, huh?" she questioned rhetorically as she hopped up onto the dock and also took in the view of the other island. She didn't quite feel the level of familiarity with this place that Luxu did, but what she did feel, was something much closer related to excitement about a place. It was as if she knew of a place like this one, when she turned around to view the island. Several tree houses and an elaborate walkway was set up between them. Toys lay strewn about, and the leaves of the trees rustled gently. It was as if this particular island was a playground of sorts. "SQEEEE~" an excited chirp escaped the girl as she took to running about the place with sheer happiness in her visage. "This place is amazing!~" she thought with all the wonder of a small child as she flipped and landed right palm down atop a small ball before beginning to roll atop it to move. 'This reminds me of that place he mentioned. I wonder if that guy was real...'

Bloodedge
02-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Kairos' mention of a secret knock or password of some sort brought Luxu's gaze to the girl, breaking away briefly from the island to address her once again. "Why would you need all of those things? You carry around a giant key, so you could easily just let yourself in. Just remember that it's closing behind you if you ever enter," he explained. As Kairos went about enjoying the island itself, Luxu continued his visual inspection of the place. 'Destiny Islands, huh? I wonder what sort of destiny I'll find here." Eventually, Luxu hopped from the pier onto the beach itself. There he stood at the shore's edge, where the tide met his soles at semi-regular intervals. He looked down at the water, and something he saw led to him crouching where he stood. Luxu picked up something rather familiar to him, and rather quickly realized what exactly it was. "A Thalassa shell? That can't be a coincidence."

Apollymi
02-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Kairos continued rolling around on the ball she'd so recently obtained pausing only to speak about the words this lad had so recently shared. Apparently no passwords or secret knocks were needed, all she needed to know, was that if she accepted such a thing, the door would be closing behind her. A chuckle escaped her as it was obvious that this lad hadn't taken her earlier lessons on his sales pitch. "Ominous," she mentioned only this word before she flipped off the ball and began to wander around between the shore and the treeline like a child who had way too much energy. Still she came about Luxu again only to see him picking up a shell and mentioning that it couldn't be a coincidence. "A shell on a beach can't be a coincidence?" she asked finding it strange that such a thing had a name. She was quite curious and since Luxu apparently knew what it was or thought it had some deeper meaning she was content to discover what it meant.

Bloodedge
02-20-2019, 11:24 AM
Kairos did not quite follow Luxu's train of thought, though she had no real reason to. When she appeared beside him and questioned his most recent statement, he chose to answer by acting. Around and around he looked, until he was able to pick up four more of these interesting shells. Once he had all five, he stepped away from the tide and began placing them flat in the sand to form a star shape. In doing this, he also gave his explanation. "Remember the Wayfinder? It's supposed to be made with Thalassa Shells. This is what they look like, and the reason they look this way while serving the purpose they do... is because of... that," he said, looking up at a leaning tree growing from an even smaller island connected by a short, elevated bridge to this very beach. "The Paopu Fruit. Stories say two people who share it will have their destinies woven together. It ties friends by fate."

Apollymi
02-20-2019, 11:38 AM
Kairos didn't immediately receive an answer to her question. Instead, Luxu continued to look around and around until he found the number of these shells he wished to possess. The number chosen was five, upon doing this he began to arrange them on the sand, before giving a real lesson on the nature of these shells. When asked if she remembered the Wayfinder, she simply nodded, the trinket was obviously still in her possession but apparently it was supposed to be made out of these sorts of shells. "Okay..." this was all Kairos could say, mostly because her brain was swimming with new, but somehow familiar information. Strangely as her eyes moved towards where the lad's eyes pointed she took in the sight of a leaning tree. This tree apparently contained a specific kind of fruit which had lore attached which would lead one to believe that those who ate it would have interwoven destinies. "Paopu Fruit..." she mumbled. The mention of this made the girl's eyes widen, because she'd definitely heard this before. "So, it really exists huh?" she questioned softly. Such a thing was somewhat amazing and once she'd been told she might get the chance to try it, she couldn't deny such a possibility now that it was in front of her. "That's still a pretty amazing sounding fruit though... I wonder what it tastes like."

Bloodedge
02-20-2019, 12:26 PM
"You're curious then?" Luxu asked as he rose from the ground, leaving the arrangement of Thalassa Shells in the sand. "I think it goes without saying by now that I intended to make the offer. You say we're friends, but... I don't have any guarantee of friends in the future. The ones I already have... our destinies are tied already. I had the job of finding an apprentice, but not to make a friend... so I wonder if something like the Paopu Fruit has enough power over destiny to overcome what the Master probably wrote in the Book of Prophecies. So, what do you say? Wanna see what destiny has in store for..." Luxu paused, averting his gaze toward the center of the island. Something was amiss, but he wasn't sure exactly what it was. Rather, it would be more accurate to say he wasn't sure how he was sensing something so very strange right here and now.

Apollymi
02-20-2019, 12:35 PM
A nod would come from Kairos when asked if she was curious. It would be more accurate to say, she was definitely going to eat some of that fruit if the opportunity presented itself. This would likely seem rather strange considering the friendship of a mere few days, but something was beginning to well up in this young girl, from her past, which made her believe this was something worth doing. As Luxu continued to speak of subverting destiny for the sake of their continued friendship and Kairos' potential place as his apprentice he paused mid his speech. Of course, as his view shifted towards the center of the island hers did too, and then rather suddenly a giant heartless would leap from above the trees. This would cause the ground to quake and even Kairos would stumble as she looked up to see something bigger than she'd ever seen anything before in her life. "Uh-huh... that... um... I don't have words for that..." she mentioned. This giant beast was quadrupedal, with two balanced curved horns and one right in the middle. It seemed to be armored and beyond that had a giant maw. It stood taller than three people and seemed to be very sturdy in addition to most things, a roar would escape this beast as it stood before this pair, having apparently chosen them as prey.

Bloodedge
02-21-2019, 09:26 AM
Luxu's suspicions were proven all too correct by the appearance of a Heartless the likes of which even he hadn't seen before. This great hulking beast of a Heartless had to be some sort of new breed, and it seemed to be a bit higher on the intimidation scale than even Darkside. Such a clause was given more validity the moment it landed, shaking the world with its mass alone and causing even the master Luxu to brace himself. "Uh... Five. That's a solid five, I think." Calling upon the Keyblade granted to him by the Master of Masters, Luxu readied himself to attack the beast before them. During its rather powerful roar, he pointed the tip of his Keyblade at the core of its body. "Flare!" he exclaimed, utilizing his incredible mastery of fire-based spells to produce a stream of flames which grew in size as it approached this Heartless. By the time it reached, it would be large enough to engulf the great beast in its entirety, and Luxu expected it to hold strength enough to thwart any spawn of Darkness such as this.

Apollymi
02-21-2019, 09:40 AM
"Oh. Okay..." this was all the response the normally quick-witted Kairos could manage in the face of such obvious danger. Still there was a grand sight coming and it was one which Kairos took in stride with widened eyes. A spell escaped Master Luxu's Keyblade the likes of which she'd never seen before, it grew in size as it aimed to entrap his opponent in a rather blistering swell of heat and flames. 'Wow! That's really amazing,' Kairos thought to herself a small smile coming to her face. She'd never seen a spell of such magnitude from anyone else and she was quite sure, that Master Luxu wouldn't be needing interference from someone like her. Only, a few seconds later something became apparent. Though the beast was wrapped up in flames and should have been burning into nothingness, it seemed unharmed as it charged forward. Though it wasn't fast at all, it seemed to be aiming to to swipe at Master Luxu with its giant horns as it roared once more, stomping several times thereafter as if its aim was to crush the young lad. All the while an orange ball of energy was charging between its horns. "Uh... that doesn't look good, but I believe in you, Master Luxu. I going to have to exit stage left~" said Kairos as her enhanced sense of balance allowed her to flip rather seamlessly out of the way of the violence of this area. As she flipped though she grabbed up the Thassala Shells from their earlier conversation before using her own barrier techniques to protect herself from what she assumed could be target-less attacks.

Bloodedge
02-21-2019, 10:10 AM
As a master, Luxu bore a great deal of confidence in his abilities against the Heartless. Sadly, his confidence was misplaced in this battle. While he hadn't used his maximum magical output against the Heartless, he also hadn't used a spell that should be without impact when it struck. There was no effect at all when the Heartless came charging through the flames toward Luxu, who observed the coming attack with wide-eyes. His left hand rose to form a barrier around him, though the quickly-cast spell was shattered on impact. This caused Luxu to be thrown back, leaving him to strike out against the following stamps with his Keyblade. Doing such a thing served as his defensive measure against the Heartless' feet, though he didn't seem to be having a very easy time of it at all. "Right... so it's a six. My magic's not doing anything. That's never happened..."

Apollymi
02-21-2019, 10:29 AM
Kairos watched as even this Master's magic seemed to be a bit worthless in the endeavor. Of course, she'd been in a situation where her own magic was stifled beyond use, and she figured the lad knew enough to switch to relying on his own physical attributes whatever those might be. His words though, caused her eyes to widen as the stomping of this beast stopped and it turned its head towards the sky beginning to roar once more as the ball between its horns shot up into the sky. "Oh? A six, on that there one to five scale we were talking about... And your magic isn't working?" she said almost rhetorically. "The show's gonna be good~" the girl mused, wondering exactly what this lad was going to do against such a massive beast. What was more the energy he'd shot up into the sky began to rain down around him, aiming to mar everything within radius of his body. This energy fell in balls from the sky making it dangerous to stand in the open area of the beach. During this attack of the beast, Kairos watched as black balls of energy fell from the sky. "That just isn't fair..."

Bloodedge
02-21-2019, 11:32 AM
"Yeah... I'm just as surprised as you to know all of that. This is gonna be interesting... if we live," Luxu said regarding the Heartless he was currently fending off strike by strike. In spite of such a statement being made, he was being rather casual in his presentation. Moments later though, he was faced with another sort of challenge entirely. The Heartless produced a sphere of energy much like that which was created by Darksides, though when it was launched into the sky, it became a shower of dark energy to rain down upon the area inhabited by Luxu and the Heartless itself. "Really!? Ugh!" he griped. With one final swing of his Keyblade at the Heartless' foot, he moved forward to get ahead of the Keyblade, if only so the push against his target would add to his forward momentum. In doing so, he fell into a slide beneath the Heartless' body, where he remained sheltered from the onslaught. From beneath the Heartless, he thrust his Keyblade upward with the intention of penetrating its underbelly. If his magic wasn't going to work, he'd rely on his melee abilities alone. Such would surely be enough to get by against something so simple as a Heartless, no matter its strength. At least, this was the master's assumption based on what he'd witnessed thus far when battling the Darkness.

Apollymi
02-21-2019, 11:55 AM
"In fairness it is already interesting... if I died after seeing it, I wouldn't be too disappointed. But I trust you not to want to stop at just seeing this, and you know, to not get me killed~" Kairos mentioned, as the lad carried on his activities. He seemed to have slid underneath the great beast while the energy balls rained down from the sky. Such a thing was quite amazing for Kairos to see, and underneath the beast was indeed safe from this particular method of attack. What was more, Luxu went on to aim to try and maim the beast from below, he thrust his Keyblade up into it. And though it responded a bit by moving about and trying to find the source of its pain, the only real showing of it, was scratches along its underbelly. This beast was apparently at least a bit armored and Master Luxu hadn't put in enough physical strength to completely stop it, the beast would then hop up before aiming to crash down again, this time, shooting blast of a spell similar to Thundaga around it, to clear it of anything near it aiming to shock the boy with this extreme form of magic. "That really isn't fair..." Kairos mentioned, strangely though she was watching with the utmost attention, her hands were busy. She was assembling a Wayfinder, based on the one she'd been given a few days prior. This one made of the shells previously collected by Luxu and a few other things on her person present, including a feather she'd taken from the ring around her neck.

Bloodedge
02-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Luxu's stabbing of the Heartless warranted no significant reaction other than one of acknowledgement, as far as he was considered. If anything, Luxu certainly would have preferred to at least penetrate the beast with his Keyblade. Even though he'd accomplished something, it was a clear indicator that his physical strength alone would hardly do better than magic at this point. What's more, the Heartless had magic of its own in the form of a Thundaga-like spell which surrounded it as it leaped and descended upon the master. "I'll uh... see what I can do about not getting you killed, but this definitely isn't fair." Being mostly concerned with the physical presence of this Heartless, Luxu made a very clear effort to hop back to avoid its landing. In doing so however, he remained incapable of evading the thunder spell it cast. Luxu's body arched backwards as electricity flowed through it, and as he grunted his way through the intensity of the shock, his hair even stood on end whilst hardening itself enough to snap the hair-tie he wore. "Rgh! Not... fun... at all!" While still receiving the shock, Luxu melded into the shadow beneath him and vanished from sight. He knew Kairos was the only other viable target for this enemy, so he was quick to return to view once he was able to recover even a bit. His reemergence was one in which his hair was now freed of its usual ponytail, leaving it cascading over his upper form. "Yep. No magic, no melee. I might still have something left though... C'mon!"

Apollymi
02-21-2019, 01:48 PM
"I am going to need you to have a bit more confidence than that~" she mentioned of the lad's apparent try at keeping her safe during their current outing. Even so, she continued working even as the lad found himself being electrocuted after dodging the physical onslaught of the creature he fought. Even so soon after he melted into his own shadow disappearing from sight at least for a moment. "Hm, not fair, and not fun. I agree..." she mentioned. "Though, I do like watching you work~" the girl mused seemingly without care for the attention of the beast which was now aimed in her direction. The girl had mentioned earlier her faith that the lad she was with wouldn't get her killed, and he went on to prove this by appearing before the charge of the creature could take place towards her barrier. "Whew... I do appreciate you proving me right. And that hair, jeez!~" Kairos found herself saying these words as her fingers finished the Wayfinder she was creating and she attached the small feathers to the center of it, creating a little heart in the center of it.

At the same time, the beast, that Luxu was fighting aimed to charge him, finding his outright appearance one more easily taken. Its head lowered as if it intended to gouge out his innards with the superior strength of this forward thrust. Such an attack was innately physical but would also reveal a third smaller horn atop the creature's head. Kairos watched with confusion and familiarity in her face, she could almost swear this man's face was innately familiar to her with all of this hair free around it, and she could almost remember why... almost. Still, now she had plenty of motivation to see the next phase of this fight and hope for a positive showing of force from Master Luxu.

Bloodedge
02-21-2019, 11:56 PM
"Che! That was the only one I had," Luxu said, showing some visible amount of disgust at the fact that his hair-tie was broken. He didn't have much time to think about this though, considering the Heartless was once again setting its sights upon him. The reveal of its third and only straight horn gave Luxu a solid idea of what would happen if he failed to defend against its charge, but he had to think of something. Or rather... thinking forward to the outcome of his maneuvers hadn't gotten him anywhere in this battle thus far, but the time he acted on reflex managed to succeed. A sly grin crossed the master's face. "Don't think. Feel so good!" he repeated from his memory of moments prior. Luxu's magic had failed against the Heartless, but nothing could stop him from using his abilities on himself. His body became coated in magical energy as he moved forward with enhanced speed. His left hand reached out to grab the Heartless' horn just past its tip, and from there, he spun around it while moving closer to the Heartless' head. He then continued to slide along its head onto its back while his Keyblade transformed into a gauntlet that covered his right hand and full forearm, allowing him to keep hold of the beast's tough exterior while it moved.

"What exactly is that you're doing over there?" he asked of Kairos in the time it took him to summon his time-altering Keyblade to his left hand. Thinking it would be best if he made an effort to stop the Heartless from such charges again, he threw this Keyblade toward its center horn. The Keyblade spun at an incredibly rapid pace as the 'Raid' technique was applied in a special way, allowing it to ricochet from the horn and return to strike it again numerous times in succession.

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 12:21 AM
There was a complain from Master Luxu that the missing hair-tie was the only one he possessed. Luckily for him, there was a girl currently in his company and she like many others of the female variety had extras or at the very least enough hair knowledge to offer her services. "Ah, I mean. I have an extra... but while the ponytail is gone, it might be a chance to change things up a bit..." she said curiously. "Actually, yeah, let me do it!~" she chimed deciding that it was far past time for the master to abandon the use of a single ponytail in favor of something new and exciting. Beyond this, there finally seemed to be some headway being made against the beast of a Heartless he was fighting. His Keyblade transformed into a gauntlet for a moment allowing him to cling onto the back of the beast, then his other Keyblade was bounced between the horns on the forehead of the creature in a special use of the raid technique. There was a grin on her face as she took in this sight and watched as the beast stumbled. Beyond this the words spoken by the lad once more struck a chord within Kairos she couldn't help but feel innately connected to Master Luxu when he used those words for whatever reason."Wow! That's pretty awesome. Keyblade transformation, raid... instinct!~" the girl said these words enthusiastically. "Stunning performance!~" she mentioned as the creature stumbled coming to a stop unable to move for quite a few seconds due to the damage presented to its apparent weak point. It came to the ground its head well within reach of a normal standing amount as Kairos was questioned about what she was doing. She looked up as if stunned, "Oh, me nothing much. I made you a Wayfinder! I figured it was fair since you made one for me..." she mused showing him the collection of Thalassa shells collected in a star-shape complete with with a heart in the middle surrounded by the feathers she'd taken from her own outfit.

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 01:06 AM
Luxu likely should have expected one such as Kairos to have additional hair-ties, though his experience gave him only a 50/50 shot at even being able to acquire one if necessary. At least, this was the case with his female associates. More importantly than the matter of restraining his hair, his Raid skill seemed to be actually accomplishing something against the Heartless by battering its horn. If he could manage something greater to strike the horn, perhaps he could make this battle much easier than he previously thought. Hearing what Kairos had been doing with her time gave him an idea to accomplish exactly that, so he launched himself off the Heartless' back and floated toward where the girl stood. "A Wayfinder, huh? Thanks. I think that's exactly what I need! Give it to me and I'll show you what I meant about adding magic to the one I gave you."

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 01:15 AM
Kairos was enthused by the idea of having a bit of fun in the hair of Master Luxu. But beyond this, the matter of the Heartless was more immediately pressing, as it lay stunned by the attack which had been levied against it, the young master apparently came up with an idea. He thanked Kairos for making him a Wayfinder, and went on to bring himself towards her, asking for the item that he might show her about the magic he'd added to the one he'd given her. Apparently he thought this Wayfinder might be the key to his victory and as such, Kairos held it out to him allowing him to take it, while looking sheepishly. "It's no problem, really. And if you think it will help~" she mentioned as she turned it over, only to continue watching. She allowed her eyes to wander towards the fallen creature and wondered how long it would stay out for, perhaps only a short while longer so she was curious about what the lad intended to do with the Wayfinder.

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 03:14 AM
Luxu reached out to claim the Wayfinder so recently crafted for him, and upon doing so, he took a close look at it. "No problem, you say? It looks like this took a lot of effort to be made in a short amount of time. Anyway..." Without further ado, Luxu held the charm close to his heart and infused it with his magic to the same extent he'd once done with Kairos' own Wayfinder. In doing so, he also decided to make use of the spell within it to summon the power of Kairos into himself. The end result of this was Luxu standing in a way which directly mimicked the general posture of Kairos, as if he'd become her in a way. "Kukuku~. That's the edge I needed," he said, banishing both of his Keyblades and crossing his legs at the ankle, whilst also raising both of his arms over his head. "Alright! Time for the grand finale!" was his closing statement. At this point, he was content to let the Heartless recover from its previous beating, if only to take it head-on once more.

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 03:28 AM
Notice was taken by Master Luxu, that though Kairos claimed the creation of this Wayfinder wasn't a big deal, that she'd taken a great deal of care in completing the task. Her eyes widened just a little and a small blush came to her face. She truly had no idea why she'd done such a thing, it'd simply been something she thought she should do. She felt it fair in light of their current level of bonding and perhaps something more she couldn't quite place her finger on yet. "I mean... if you say so," the girl muttered as she crossed her arms over her chest. She had moments of generosity and strangeness in her own behavior often but it was rather rare for it to be called out in such a way.

Beyond this point though, she got to see how this Wayfinder would actually be used, and by infusing it with his magic, it seemed Master Luxu was able to draw something out of it, similar to the power Kairos possessed. This manifested in his stance which she noticed immediately, like an out-of-body experience. "No way!" she muttered, surprised by what she was seeing. In the meantime the Heartless that had attacked them was walking up, flailing a bit around it immediately before it cleared its own confusion from its mind. After a second it locked eyes on Master Luxu who had now banished his two Keyblades and had taken an odd posture and aimed to charge him again. This time aiming to ram him again with its lowered head while roaring like a wild beast. This charge was similar to all previous charges and while not at a great speed, it packed a marvelous amount of power as it aimed to gore the young lad.

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 08:05 AM
As Luxu awaited the approach of his enemy, his stance took on a rather interesting movement pattern. He turned his left side toward the Heartless while his legs separated, and his hips began to sway to and fro. The Heartless encroached upon him, and at the speed it was moving, he was once again left with enough room and time to move forward. This time, he flipped forward into a hand-stand using his left arm alone as his body's support, only to begin spinning in place with his legs in a split.

Luxu launched himself into the air before the Heartless' horn struck him, but instead of aiming to land on it this time, he summoned his original Keyblade in his right hand and moved it in the direction of the beast's horn from above. He wasn't nearly close enough to strike it, but the movement alone gave him enough momentum to begin moving toward where his Keyblde was swung. Then came the special power of Luxu's true Keyblade. The time related only to Luxu himself fractured, creating a total of five copies of Luxu that were mere seconds apart from one another in this brief temporal paradox. Each one held the effect of his Wayfinder linked to Kairos, granting them enough dexterity and general maneuverability that they grouped together for a strange attack. The copy closest to the Heartless grabbed the legs of the one behind himself, who grabbed the legs of the one behind himself. This chain applied to each copy in sequence. In reverse order, each Luxu threw the one they held toward the Heartless' exposed horn from overhead, leading each one thrown into a direct Keyblade strike after a forward roll, adding the power of this built-up momentum to the attacks one after another.

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Kairos got to watch as this boy's stance soon translated into movements much more fluid and maneuverable than those she'd seen from him before. The level of dexterity shown in his movements were similar to what Kairos herself boasted as a showy flip with a spinning motion which he used to launch himself over the beast before going at it in a way almost unimaginable. The raven-haired lass looked on as repeated strikes against this creatures exposed horn were made, by multiple clones of Luxu launched from the hands of the one before it. Each strike did a massive bit of damage to the creature it attacked. The behemoth Heartless was battered dumb and too stunned to move as a total of five attacks rained down on it from above. At the final one it seemed to completely slump over once again, falling to the ground. Only this time, its heart was released and its body began to dissipate into darkness. Kairos watched with wide eyes before she began clapping with child-like excitement. "Bravo!~ Those are some pretty crazy moves. I'm really impressed!~" she almost sang happily. She was amazed that he could pull off something like that. Her own movements she knew to be rather hard to follow and likely harder to use, and had taken her years to master in such a way to make them combat appropriate. And here, Master Luxu managed it in only a few moments. It was pretty amazing.

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 08:34 AM
The fall of the Heartless allowed Luxu to descend safely onto the ground without any interference. During this time, his 'time clones' faded away. Luxu landed and bowed toward Kairos simultaneously, presenting this final gesture for his one-person audience while the Heartless' purified heart floated into the sky. "Thank you, thank you!" he said before the link wore off, returning him to his normal demeanor. "I was impressed too. I'd seen enough of your moves to figure they would help out, but I didn't think you'd make me do something like that! Good job!"

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 08:55 AM
After the Heartless ceased to exist, Luxu lowered himself to the ground and took a bow uttering thanks in response to Kairos' cheers. Of course the magic used by the lad would fade and his demeanor would return to normal. When this happened though, Luxu's words became ones of praise aimed directly at Kairos for what she'd apparently made him do through whatever abilities of hers he picked up by using the Wayfinder. "Huh? But that was all you... well it did look like you copied me a bit..." she said thinking about the situation a bit more. "But you can't really give me credit for that can you?" she asked while she approached the lad a bit more directly. The lad's level of control with those sorts of physical acrobatics was about what she would have expected of herself if she'd had his body and his powers. "Wait... is that what the Wayfinder is for? Does it let you use my skills, like my physical ones?" she asked, as this was the only possible reason anything the lad had done in his most recent exchange could have been connected to her. She hadn't much thought about the Wayfinder she'd been given, aside from spending a while looking at it. Even so, if it allowed an exchange of skills in this manner, she'd imagine his becoming even more useful to her than her initial thoughts about it summoning him.

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 10:09 AM
"Copied you? Hardly," Luxu said as he stepped closer to the raven-haired girl. She seemed to be believing she didn't deserve credit for his victory against the Heartless, but he assumed it wouldn't take long for her to figure out why such credit was given. True enough, she came around in no time at all, questioning the magic within the Wayfinders shared between them. As far as her question was concerned, she was on the right track. Only a few minor details were missing, but Luxu was content to offer the rest of the necessary information while shifting his own hair out of his face. "It's... not quite that limited, actually. Wayfinders are based on the Paopu Fruit, which ties destinies together... so Wayfinders themselves tie hearts together. With the magic I put in these, they react to bonds between hearts by bringing those hearts together... even across dimensions. Dimension Link is what I thought to call it. Basically, I can use this right now to become as much like you as possible, depending on how strong our bond is. Turns out, that was even stronger than I expected it to be."

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 10:39 AM
"Huh..." she paused, the lad's follow sentences gave a bit more clarification to her thoughts. Apparently, the Wayfinders had a purpose which made them similar to the fruit they came here seeking. But instead of connecting destinies, they connected the hearts of the people who had them, even across dimensions. Such a thing allowed him to become more like her, the stronger the connections between their hearts. He even went so far as to say, that it was stronger than he'd thought it would be, but she was left to wonder how he meant that. "Dimension Link? Stronger how? I mean, that's a really weird way to use magic but... seems pretty handy for clutch situations. I like it. Thanks~" she said this time for the explanation and for giving her one as well, which she could only think would be more useful in the future instead of less. Moreover she found herself looking the lad over while pulling at her right wrist and beneath her glove she hand a single white hair-tie which she'd give to the lad. Still, she was considering his general look and decided that she liked his hair better loose, but it was a bit too plain without something interesting to go on with it. "Ya' know. This hair of yours is really crazy, but I like it all wild and loose. But it could use a little accent, you know... a little defining characteristic~" she mentioned as she paused standing before him framing his face with her fingers from a short distance as she decided, what his face needed. "I got it!" she chimed seemingly excited by whatever she decided. She approached the lad's fore directly, and assuming she went undisturbed she'd go on to provide the lad a single braid on the left side of his face which helped to frame it better. At the end, where it would have gone loose she attached the small hair-tie at the end, giving the lad a new look. After a moment she'd step back and look at the lad, and then rather suddenly, she'd become stunned. She definitely recognized this face, and this hair... and in this single moment, all of those memories rushed back to her.

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 11:35 AM
Kairos had a single curiosity remaining, that being exactly how the Dimension Link had been made stronger than Luxu's expectations. "Well like I said, the link is based on the bond between hearts. I didn't expect the bond to be so strong, considering most of our interactions happened in aborted timelines. Or maybe... it's things we haven't even done yet. Who knows? Nothing to worry about right now, right?" he asked rhetorically. Moving on, Kairos had some sort of idea fitting her own preference for Luxu's hair. He didn't particularly mind leaving it loose as an idea, so he figured he'd leave her to her work. She only applied effort to one segment of his hair, but it seemed to be for the sake of leaving a braid to actually 'accent' his otherwise loose locks just as she'd mentioned previously. Shortly afterwards, Luxu was watching Kairos have some odd reaction to his new appearance, which concerned him simply because he couldn't see himself. "What? What!? Don't tell me it's hideous! Am I hideous!?"

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Master Luxu explained what he'd meant by the strength of the Dimension Link being stronger than he'd expected. And it took quite a different turn than Kairos expected. Given the kind of action this lad was prone to taking, she'd just assumed he'd put too much magic into it, and partially exhausted himself, or made it stronger than he'd intended by doing so in the moment. But instead, he referred to the bond between them being stronger than he expected, especially given that he knew most of their interactions to be within timelines that ended. Her eyes widened at this, "Uh, yeah, definitely not gonna worry about it too much. It sounds like another of those random confusing things~" the girl mentioned with a chuckle. She went right back to what she was going to do afterwards, particularly as it concerned Luxu's hair.

She'd finished and now she was looking at a face she'd known extensively in her childhood. It was rather sudden, but the strange familiarity she'd felt around this lad, as well as the confusion surrounding his face were suddenly made so clear to her, it was as if a veil had been lifted from her mind. She remembered his rather encouraging presence, which she'd likened to her imaginary friend when she was much younger. It'd actually been him to give her the confidence she'd needed to pursue her dream of becoming top clown. In having this thought, she'd gone all but completely silent with a dumbfounded look on her face, but then rather suddenly she was brought back to the moment she was currently in, and that was one in which Luxu was just a man who'd had something changed about his appearance. The hysteria of his questioning made a small giggle erupt from Kairos, as her eyes widened to their maximum. "Kukukukukuku~" she laughed without being able to speak at first. "Oh stop it! You're not hideous. It's a great adjustment..." she said stepping back from the lad and holding her fingers up before his face to frame it. "Yep, definitely some of my best work, that little braid is a conversation piece~ A work of art, it adds so much character. You have no idea!~"

Bloodedge
02-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Luxu didn't know what to think of whatever his new look was, but after his questioning of it, Kairos began laughing. This only made the young master more confused in the moments until she began to explain. Alas, there still wasn't much to go by. He hadn't taken a moment to even rationalize how he likely looked now, yet Kairos claimed the adjustment was well-placed. "Huh? But... you're laughing," he replied. Mere seconds later, he thought about his own initial reaction. "Oh, wait. Never mind. I get it." With a sigh, Luxu straightened his posture and lifted his new braid on the back of his left hand to look at it. Though small, it was an interesting little feature from his own perspective. One thing he didn't understand though, was the reaction of Kairos to the new look if it wasn't something atrocious. "Why the staring though? You looked like you'd seen a ghost for a second."

Apollymi
02-22-2019, 12:41 PM
Master Luxu seemed confused by Kairos reaction to his hysteria, but he was a clever young man and seemed to catch up, before the raven-haired lass even had to explain herself properly. "Yeah, you should have seen your face!~" she teased the lad for the absurdity of his reaction, though she supposed turning over any aspect of one's appearance to someone else had to be a bit jarring, even to the most confident of individuals.

Still, because this lad was rather quick-witted, Kairos soon found herself in a bit of a conundrum. In fact, this would lead to more staring as she ran through her mind the potentials of doing something as simple as answering this lad's questions. 'Hm, if I answer him honestly, and he hadn't done the thing I am thinking about yet, then... he might not do it, if he's trying not to be my friend. He was really important to me though, even as a kid, I needed his presence I don't want that not to happen because I said anything...' she thought only to avert her gaze. 'Uh, but I don't want to lie to him and have him find out later and not do it to fix it...' she gave in to mental tirade, as she rubbed her face trying to find the best possible solution. 'Still, I feel like he deserves some sort of answer it'd be wrong not to say something... but he's too clever for me to just be cryptic,' she finished up only to groan. "Ugh, I don't even have time-stuff, and it's still a nightmare..." she mumbled under her breath. Aloud though she had something else to say, "Less ghost, more imaginary friend," she said with a firm nod of her head. "And I don't think I should explain, because it'd be embarrassing, and confusing... so just trust me. The hair is spectacular, your minor fit about potentially being hideous was hilarious, and I know something you might not know yet~" she said sticking her tongue out at the lad. She hadn't say anything that would likely make sense to anyone else, but she also hadn't been dishonest, nor did she think she'd said anything to break time, but she supposed she'd only find that out after the fact anyways.

Bloodedge
02-23-2019, 03:52 AM
Further curiosity showed in Luxu's face when Kairos spoke something not quite audible enough to make out. What she said in a clear fashion was no less confusing, considering she altered his mention of a ghost to something about an imaginary friend. "Imaginary friend... huh..." he said, seeming to be no more in the know than he had been previously. Kairos claimed he should simply trust her, and stated that she knew something he wasn't privy to yet. This final statement gave him some semblance of clarity to be explained away by a single, strange statement. "Oh. I get it. Wibbly wobbly," he said, clearly content to move on from there. "At least I'm not hideous. I don't want the hood to become something I use to compensate for an ugly mug."

Apollymi
02-23-2019, 04:13 AM
"Yeah, yeah, not a word from you~" she mused, though inwardly there was much more to such a statement. 'Actually, I didn't make anything up, but that's just weird. I wonder if he's just used to this sort of thing?' she questioned herself about the nature of Master Luxu's abilities and how he handled them. Of course, a few moments after this he went on to make a statement that made it seem like he understood at least a little of why she couldn't tell him more. "Wibbly wobbly?" she questioned, figuring for just a moment she knew something else. 'Ugh.' she thought again only to move on towards something more easily manageable. This being, Master Luxu's appearance. "If not the hood, then face paint!~" the girl said, though there was absolutely nothing wrong with the lad's face. "Not that you need it~ It's just much less drastic, ya' know?" she chimed. In all actuality, Kairos found him to be quite attractive, not that she had any plans of mentioning such a thing directly.

Bloodedge
02-23-2019, 04:25 AM
"It's no big deal. All kids have imaginary friends, whether they're ghosts or toys with personalities, who... might not even realize they're toys," Luxu commented while trailing off ever so slightly. As for his assertion regarding his own understanding of Kairos' point, the girl questioned his word choice this time. "It's... something else I used to hear a lot when temporal paradoxes and stuff were being explained to me... or caused by me. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey~" he repeated from memory.

The pair had been standing around chatting for some time now, and though time itself was hardly a factor for Luxu, there was still the purpose of this journey to address. He looked toward the smaller, bridged island with the leaning tree. There was the location of the fruit he desired, and with it in his sights, he began moving forward. "I couldn't get away with painting my face. There are a few people who would be really upset if I covered my face up like that."

Apollymi
02-23-2019, 04:48 AM
According to Master Luxu, any imaginary friends Kairos might have had as a child weren't really a big deal. It was apparently a very normal thing, even though kids had different manifestations for the vocalizations of such things. This wasn't entirely her problem with it though, given that she only shrugged, also noting the small hiccup in the man's speech which led her to believe he'd seen something rather strange among his travels. "Hm, I get that, I suppose... maybe I am still just young enough to be mortified by kid me..." she said thinking of the difference between herself now and herself say about a decade ago. But that made little difference here and now, if only so she didn't have to be embarrassed for herself multiple times. Moreover he went on to explain his statement and how he'd come to learn it which only made the raven-haired lass chuckle. "Uh-huh... now I am just imagining you trying to explain to you... why you can't do stuff... and that is somehow, hilarious~" she mentioned.

Still there was the reason they'd come to the island in the first place and after Master Luxu began moving forward she would as well though without the amount of varied movement she'd been shown to have earlier in this day. Furthermore, as they walked it was commented by Master Luxu that certain people would be upset if he painted his face, "Is it clown fear? 'Cause that's a real thing apparently~" she said with a chuckle. "Though I suppose I could get that face paint is usually hit or miss... unless you're like seven and you want to be a kitty for the day or something like that~" this girl joked around as they made their way to that strange leaning tree and a fruit with the power to control destiny.

Bloodedge
02-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Once he was close enough, Luxu jumped onto the bridge leading to the smaller island. "Oh, it wasn't me who said it first... unless I did. Either way, I first heard it from my master," he explained. As their conversation continued, he moved on to the new island and seated himself on the tree which contained what he believed to be the Paopu Fruit. From there, he held out his left hand with a grin. "It's not clown fear. By the way, I'm no expert or anything, but what you said makes me want to believe you were a seven year-old cat at some point. You probably could have opened with that."

Apollymi
02-23-2019, 08:43 AM
As they approached the bridge to the island, Kairos also jumped up after Luxu, finding herself easily in step with him with a relaxed posture and a hand on her waist as she nodded her understanding that the lad hadn't been the one to tell himself things. It was instead the Master of Masters who'd given him all of his time based lessons. "I am just saying, the one man show idea is getting pretty big~" she joked giving herself time to laugh about it as they moved forward. Upon reaching the island Luxu went on to claim a seat upon this tree, before extending a hand to Kairos. She looked at him taking his hand and hopping up to have a seat as well. His cheeky commentary made her eyes widen slightly before she narrowed them and exhaled. "Well, when you are seven comedy is much harder to mediate... the cat thing was cool~" she said appearing to be a bit huffy as she crossed her arms over her chest. It was quite unusual for someone else to be that clever, and beyond it, she wasn't exactly used to people picking out the finer bits of her jokes in their relation to her. Still they'd come quite far this day, and she didn't imagine their journey ending anytime soon, even if it would be experienced in a strange way. 'I guess, I never really had any reservations in the first place... he was always my friend.'

Bloodedge
02-23-2019, 11:30 AM
"Comedy? You're saying comedy was the reason you dressed up like a kitten?" Luxu asked whilst laughing. He almost reached a point of hysteria when thinking of what Kairos had said, and it was a good amount of relaxation that he hadn't obtained since his most recent meeting with Master Ava. Finishing his laughter with a sigh, he looked to his side which was vacant of Kairos, and reached out to pick a Paopu Fruit. He then turned to lean against the tree while facing Kairos, holding the fruit out while gripping only half of it. "You're willing to share it then? There's no telling how potent it could be."

Apollymi
02-23-2019, 12:25 PM
It was obvious by the lad's questioning that Master Luxu understood at least a little of the comedic value of Kairos being some sort of kitten, though he'd made it a question. Kairos still managed to seem a bit huffy though and had a bit of sass to go with it. "Well obviously, kittens are adorable and lead to big laughs in certain situations. You're already laughing and you don't even know the bit yet, it was foolproof!~" she said with an offered wink before she drug down her left lower eye lid and stuck her tongue out at the lad. And that was all she had to say in justification of her small child's self comedic timing. Obviously her sense of humor had matured as much as she had physically and she'd gotten into a bit darker yet still fun-loving.

Master Luxu's laughter calmed eventually, and he even managed to snag a fruit off the tree after reclining against it. He extended it to the lass and asked if she was willing to share it, and Kairos reached out for it, her hand meeting it at her halfway point. "Yep. Doesn't matter how strong it is, or isn't. I've already made up my mind about it~" Kairos mentioned seemingly happy about the entire situation. Of course she was, for her, this meeting went from cheering up a new friend to hanging out with an old one, and it was a shift which happened in her mind almost seamlessly. "I got my heart set on trying this fruit. So, let's do it!~"

Bloodedge
02-24-2019, 08:28 AM
"Right, so firstly, I think you just claimed you were adorable as a seven year-old. Most people stop at cute, ya' know? Secondly, I wasn't laughing because you were dressed like a kitten. I was laughing at the fact that you admitted to dressing up like a cat. What's next? Do you still do it when nobody's looking?" he joked. Kairos reached out to grasp the Paopu Fruit, but Luxu did not intend to act until he received a proper answer to his question. Once her hand was upon the second half of the fruit though, she mentioned that her mind was already made up. With that said, Luxu smiled and twisted his wrist to break the fruit in half. The half in his hand did not move toward his own mouth, but instead, the young master moved it forward to Kairos. "Well if your heart's set, there's nothing more to say. To destiny."

Apollymi
02-24-2019, 09:54 AM
A minor tirade would leave the mouth of Master Luxu, as he aimed to pick apart Kairos' previous statements in a manner most akin to a joke. Her eyes widened in shock. "That's your interpretation. I never said anything like that... though, as a word, cute is kinda bland. No show stopping potential~" she said with a chuckle as for whether or not she dressed as a kitten now she simply shook her head from left to right. "Obviously, I have a bird thing going now... and who knows, next week it could be something completely different~" she said of her own stylistic choices which changed quite a bit whenever she got in the mood to switch. She also chose to ignore the bit about her choosing to admit this, because obviously she didn't have much shame about anything. She'd already admitted that her prime directive as a child was trying to be a clown, there was literally nothing more embarrassing.

In the meantime the fruit held between their hands was split by a twisting motion of the Master Luxu's wrist. After this half of this fruit came towards her face, but not by her own hand. Apparently her confirmation had been enough for the lad to offer her the half of the fruit she held, so she did the same. "Destiny... huh? That's cool I guess..." she stated intending to take a bite of the fruit the same time the Master did, and surprisingly having no shame about sharing food this way.

Bloodedge
02-24-2019, 10:24 AM
"Cute is bland, so you pick adorable? Alright," was all Luxu had to say about Kairos' choice in words, seemingly in specific reference to her younger self. As for her potential to change whatever random animal fixation she had on a whim, he had nothing at all in mind to say. Alas, there was half a Paopu Fruit being pushed toward his face, mimicking his own movement of the half in his hand, and such a thing required his attention and a very specific reaction. The only thing he could do at this point, and what he did after all, was open his mouth and chomp down on the fruit in unison with the raven-haired girl. A few chews later, he was already appraising the strange fruit. "Hm. It's... sweet."

Apollymi
02-24-2019, 10:34 AM
"Yep!~" Kairos said about her word choice when applied to her younger self. Of course, if asked there were very different adjectives applied to her now.. most recently 'creepy' but she didn't mind these either. Instead, there was the fruit in front of her face, and there was now a bite of fruit within her mouth. The young woman's eyes widened just a bit as she realized this tasted amazing, and she had a hankering for sweets earlier and this satisfied it. But perhaps there was something more to it than that. "Sweet is about the only way to describe it~ Best decision of the day!~" the lass chimed happily. She felt now power, no ties to destiny or anything like that, but she supposed at the end of the day, she was sharing a fun moment with a friend and that was all she really wanted out of any day. "This would be great in ice cream~"

Bloodedge
02-24-2019, 10:51 AM
It didn't take long at all for Luxu to chew his bite to completion and swallow the fruit. He also didn't feel much of anything, but as one who frequently meddled with the laws of reality via time travel, he never really expected much by way of that anyway. Alas, there was an interesting feeling within, even if it was nothing tangible. This day, he'd solidified a bond in a way he'd never done before. Perhaps there was nothing special to this fruit at all. Perhaps it was simply the legend of the Paopu Fruit which made itself true the moment two people decided to share it, directly tying their destinies together only by agreeing to do so through this act of sharing. One could only wonder what the case really was. "That's that, then. Even if you don't want to become my apprentice... we're connected now," he said. As for the flavor of this fruit within ice-cream, Luxu could only lean against the tree again while snickering. "Probably. I don't know if that would be a good idea, though. Something about casually mixing a fate-altering fruit with a common treat seems a little... paradox-y."

Apollymi
02-24-2019, 10:59 AM
As they ate and relaxed atop this tree together, it was mentioned by Master Luxu, that even if Kairos didn't wish to become his apprentice their fates were now connected. She thought about this and nodded. "Uh-huh... it'll be fun~" she said, speaking both with excitement for the future and nostalgia from the past. It was as if she simply knew this to be true. As they progressed in conversation though, the brown-haired young man leaned back against the tree and mentioned his qualms with potentially adding this fruit to ice cream. "I don't know, imagine the marketing, Destiny Pops!~ Flavor of choice, Paradox and Cream~" she joked, she knew it was crazy to think of mixing something as miniscule as ice cream with something like a destiny-altering fruit, but the lines just wrote themselves at this point.

Bloodedge
02-24-2019, 11:07 AM
As Luxu leaned against the leaning tree, he found himself looking into the now star-filled sky with some amount of wonder in his visage. Though he may have seen a bit spacey, Kairos' words were certainly not lost to him. "Paradox and Cream Destiny Pops, huh..." he said nonchalantly. The fruit half he'd previously held out to Kairos was lifted again, this time to Luxu's own mouth, where he took his second bite of the overall fruit. He seemed to be doing so without thought, and obviously without worry for biting after someone else. "A Fatecicle. Wait, no... that's absolutely terrible. I didn't say that."

Apollymi
02-24-2019, 11:50 AM
As Master Luxu stared off at the sky, Kairos did as well, finding the vision to be one she appreciated. This little island full of childlike wonder and the sound of the ocean. Soft sands and a tree with the power to define fate. It was a nice place to inhabit while also having with herself good company. Strangely, though he appeared to be spaced out, Luxu had at least heard what Kairos was saying about Paradox and Creme and thought to reply with one of his own. But the word 'fatecicle' didn't really sound appetizing. Beyond that, he seemed to realize this immediately, but Kairos was already laughing. In fact, she was laughing so hard she almost choked on their shared destiny fruit she'd been eating just as absently as the lad with her. "Ack-kukukukuku~" she chuckled pausing to hold her sides and keep her balance atop the tree where she sat. "Nope, you said it. You said it and you're never living it down. Fatecicle," she laughed hysterically. After a few moments she managed to calm herself but there was still an errant snicker or two to escape her lips. 'Fatecicle.' the thought was enough for Kairos to find it humorous but she was content to be quiet for a few moments longer, until of course, she remembered her earlier curiosity and it pertained to something rather important. "Oi! Right... I forgot I was going to ask, you get an apprentice right, but what do you need them to do? I mean I really wouldn't mind that sort of thing, but you made it sound kinda like a buzz kill before..." Kairos put her curiosity out in the open air because there was no way she could decide one way or another without at least this relatively tiny bit of information.

Bloodedge
02-25-2019, 11:07 AM
"Hmm. I could just undo everything. You really wouldn't have heard a thing then, and I could come up with something better," Luxu claimed. However, he didn't seem to be contemplating this with any semblance of seriousness. "Nah. That's too much to deal with," he said in the end. Luxu was far too busy relaxing against the Paopu Tree to even care about such a thing. Kairos' concern regarding her potential apprenticeship under Luxu's wing was certainly worth addressing though, so with only a moment of thought, the master did exactly that. "It depends. If I were to get an apprentice before the part of the prophecy I need to observe wraps up, my apprentice would have to help me make sure everything happens the way the Master wrote it down. No matter whether I have an apprentice for that part or not though, the reason I need an apprentice... is to pass on the Keyblade given to me by the Master. My apprentice has to join me in becoming the driving force of the future, and has to keep that Keyblade moving forward until the time is right. That's all. The only part that's a buzzkill about it is... well, the loneliness."

Apollymi
02-25-2019, 11:44 AM
"If you have to undo it, it means you have to admit something went wrong... and then... I'll eventually remember and you still won't get to live it down~" Kairos teased while consuming her fruit and staring at the stars above. This beach was one of the prettiest she'd ever been on and the atmosphere combined with the company were top-rate as far as the raven-haired girl was concerned. Beyond this point though, there was the bit about what an apprentice of the lad would actually be required to do, and when he explained Kairos' eyes widened. "So, I get a new Keyblade, to sate my unnatural curiosity, I get to keep spying on people, and become a driving force of the future so I get to see what that is all about too. And there isn't anything to actually kill the buzz at all~" she mentioned, she'd given a much better summary of the situation and it had worked as a sales pitch in her own favor. "Your sales pitches really are bad, you really gotta hire that Moogle. Too bad for you... I already sold myself on it now," she said finishing off the fruit she was eating. "Yep, gonna be taking that apprenticeship~"

Bloodedge
02-25-2019, 12:04 PM
Luxu moved on from the 'Fatecicle' topic rather easily. In fact, he merely shrugged away the notion of Kairos still eventually bringing up the fact that he'd mentioned it, even if he rewound time. He was much more concerned in the girl's renewed interest in becoming his apprentice. She took to the details he gave rather easily, seeing no negatives to the plan. In the end, she brought up his lackluster sales pitch once more, but claimed she desired the apprenticeship nonetheless. "Well if it worked, there's no point doing anything about it now. You need to be sure though. There's something I can't tell you just yet... something you can't know without being my apprentice... but there's a very real chance you'll have to watch that friend of yours die while you can do nothing about it."

Apollymi
02-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Kairos continued in her conversation, and it seemed that there was at least one very real downside to being this Master's apprentice. And that seemed to be that there was a chance she'd have to watch her friend die while being able to do nothing about it. She found herself staring at the sky, of all the possible negative she'd logically expected, she hadn't expected that one, but given it was a thing, it was something to at least consider properly. "Hm, that is the one negative I've heard all day. It's a pretty big one too..." she said going quiet for a few moments. She wouldn't abandon her friend if she could avoid it, and she knew this much about herself, that being said, without knowing the circumstances surrounding that potential death she really could do nothing about it. She also had already had her fill this day, of thinking about time, and knowing events and figuring that it could be both good and bad to have information you didn't need. As it stood, her friend could have died days ago in Agrabah, or some time before that in the past, and will be dying sometime in the future. But that last part was simply the fate of every person at some point, so harping on it wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run. Besides that, she had more than a bit of faith in her friends, both of them. "Yep, still gonna be your apprentice." These words left Kairos' mouth pretty firmly. "I'm not crazy about the idea of watching someone I am friends with die, but... getting hung up on ifs and chances isn't really my style at all," she said knowingly. This didn't mean that she intended to abandon Yuri or anything of the sort, she simply couldn't live under the constraints of letting something she knew get in the way of potential. If she did that, she'd never have tried anything at all and that was simply how she chose to consider this moment and every other one.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 01:28 AM
"Yes, it is. That's exactly why I've been so reprehensive about the whole thing. People are going to die, and there's no avoiding it. So... I started thinking it'd be best to wait and pick from those who lived," he explained. There was going to be a Keyblade War in the future, and he was fated to observe it without interfering. However, he also knew there would be survivors left out of the war itself, and thought the better of choosing his apprentice before those survivors were selected. Kairos remained adamant about becoming Luxu's apprentice though, even knowing that she would be unable to do anything about her friend's death if it occurred. Luxu may not have been certain about her lack of involvement, but with his own abilities, he could easily ensure the best outcome for the world's future. "It's settled then. Now you get to live your everyday life with a few added interruptions from me, and I get to stop searching for others. Then, eventually... it'll be just us for awhile."

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 01:58 AM
"Um-hm," Kairos said still looking up at the stars. Strangely, though he had his misgivings it seemed that Luxu wasn't opposed to the girl becoming his apprentice. In fact he mentioned that her daily life would continue from this point, with a few interruptions by himself sprinkled in. He even went on to mention that sometime it the future it would be just the two of them for a bit, but she didn't mind that at all either. "Oh? I didn't expect you to agree so easily... I was all prepared to have a massive tirade and bring up fatecicles as my clincher!~" she joked only to chuckle afterwards. "But that is good, I might need that stuff later. Can't use all my material at once," she mentioned happily. Overall her day had been very interesting and she'd indeed gone from not trying very hard to be this lad's apprentice, to wanting to be his apprentice, to demanding to be his apprentice. This shift in her disposition was very strange, but she thought nothing of it, considering what she now knew about the depth of their friendship. If anything she was satisfied to know she'd have guaranteed access to him in the future, and took solace in knowing he wouldn't be forced to face whatever was there all alone.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Luxu's eyes closed after his previous statement, yet raised a brow nonetheless when Kairos expressed that his agreement was unexpected. "Why wouldn't I agree?" he replied, expecting no answer whatsoever. In fact, the question was followed immediately by another clause. "I needed an apprentice, and you say you want to be it even if it means watching your friends die. It's that kind of commitment I need to work with. Besides, I can't be alone with someone for a very long time without being able to call them at least a friend. If we're already friends, it just makes things that much easier." Soon after speaking, Luxu opened his eyes again. The tree he was leaning against would no longer support him as he hopped onto the sand, and his gaze quickly found something else interesting about this island. "There's a shack over there, and it really makes me want to go take a nap. I haven't slept in a bed in... weeks."

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 08:16 AM
There were lots of reasons in Kairos' mind for the lad not to agree with the adamant demand she'd made to be his apprentice. The one she thought best suited the kind of person he was, could be summarized by the logic that she didn't really know what she was getting herself into. But none of that really mattered because after his initial question he followed up with an extra set of clauses which added clarification to his own logic. She looked at him strangely for a second or two but then could only chuckle. "Kukuku~ Well, when you put it like that..." she stated seemingly embarrassed as she stared off at the sky. "It makes a lot of sense," she said choosing to follow along as he exited his seat in this tree and took up place on the sand. He then went on to look around, finding a shack on the island which brought about the wish to take a nap apparently something he hadn't done in quite a while. "No bed in weeks?! You're secretly crazy aren't you?" she asked seeming to be concerned. "Well, then... it's definitely past your bedtime. Come on!~" the girl chimed as she began to walk towards this shack that was pointed out with no apparent reservations.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 08:27 AM
"Of course it is. Besides, I'm not likely to find many other people who can delve into Darkness without being taken over easily. Where we're going... there's going to be a lot of Darkness," he explained further. By now, he'd begun a casual stroll toward the seaside shack, only to realize Kairos was walking alongside him while agreeing that a nap would be a solid idea. Of course, she also brought up a topic involving Luxu's potential madness from avoiding beds for so long. "It's not like I've had much choice. I'm homeless, and I've been away from my friends for... too long," he continued. Nevertheless, he pressed onward to the shack until reaching its door. After pushing said door open, he stepped aside without so much as a glance into the shack, gesturing toward the interior. "Either way, you seem even more excited than I should probably be. After you~"

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 08:44 AM
"Fair," was all Kairos could say in response to the bit about delving into darkness. She had no idea what he was talking about, but knew that most people wouldn't be okay with the darkness being part of their day to day lives in the same way that she was. As they moved along towards the shack, it seemed that the Master Luxu was presently between residences and had no bed to speak of, there was also the mention that he'd been away from his friends for quite a while. "Well, none of that... if you find yourself in Daybreak Town in need of an afternoon nap, you can crash at my place. I live alone anyways... and obviously I don't mind your company~" she offered, given what the lad had to say, Daybreak Town likely wouldn't be somewhere for everyone to call home for much longer. But as long as this was the case, she had no issues sharing the rather large dwelling she lived in by herself. Still, they finally reached this shack and it was stated that she seemed more excited about this potential nap than he did.

"Well, I need a lot of sleep and food. Energy burn out is real..." she said which was true of the kind of person she was, she didn't snack as much as she was required and slept for the remaining energy she needed to fuel both her body and magic. Regardless she was offered the first steps into this shack and as such she entered without much of a second thought. Within this space she found a single bed against a wall beneath a single large window, which had a good view of the island, ocean, and the stars. Beyond this it had the sort of things one would expect out of a beach shack, decorated with shells, nets and other such things. Kairos walked further in and leaned against the left side of the bed staring out the window. "Wow..." she murmured taking in the view, and wondering what sort of person put all of this here.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Luxu's homelessness being known made Kairos offer an interesting solution. The offer to take up some level of residency there was sudden, considering she hadn't known Luxu for nearly as long as he'd known her... or so he thought. "And just like that, I complete my master plan of pretending to be the sixth Foreteller and become your master, all for the sake of making my way into your house! This is what victory looks like!" he said. With the joke aside, he followed Kairos into the shack and glanced from left to right across the room. There was but one bed in sight, and Kairos sat upon it. As such, Luxu stood akimbo in the center of the room while speaking further. "Is this your way of saying I have to pay you rent in the form of going another day without bed rest?"

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 09:19 AM
"Kufufufufu~ Or so you think..." she added in continuation of this joke. "This was the conclusion of my master plan, to lull you into a false sense of security so that I can steal your cloak~" the girl said. "True victory and I stole the bed!~" she commented. It seemed that Luxu noticed this as well, mentioning that it was part of some scheme to make him pay rent in the form of not having another day's rest. "True..." she said while bouncing where she sat. "Vic-tor-y!" she sang happily only to stop and stare at the lad. "But nope. I don't plan to steal the whole bed, I'm not that mean. You can have, half of it... That half~" she said pointing to the side behind her. She could really use a nap herself but wouldn't stop someone else from enjoying a bit of sleep, and she obviously had fewer boundaries than most would assume at least in a few cases.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 09:50 AM
"Hmph! What a fool you were to think the coat was nothing more than a small sacrifice for my plan to reach fruition!" he continued, seeming to take no issue with this joke going on for such an extended period of time. Kairos proved to be a rather interesting individual, and was therefore proving herself to be the proper choice for Luxu's apprentice. More interesting yet was her apparent lack of inhibitions, showing when she offered half of the bed she occupied to Luxu. Before he bothered saying anything about this, Luxu chuckled and moved toward the bed to have a seat for himself. "You're a bit free with your personal space, aren't you? Is this preparation for the fact that you only have one bed in your house, or do you have some random secret thing for me because my future self had some interaction with your past self, and I don't know about it?"

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 10:13 AM
"Oh? It's only small sacrifice until we go somewhere cold, then you will rue the day! RUE!~" the girl chimed. Under normal circumstances she would have expected another person to have a problem with how long she was willing to carry on a joke, like the ones she'd been making all day. But it seemed, she was indeed right, in thinking that Master Luxu was the sort of person to appreciate her more unique qualities. Moreover, he wasn't immediately off-put by the offer she made of sharing this bed with her, which was something else she generally expected from others. Not that she often offered such things, but others in general were more cautious of their personal space. As if to bring attention to this, but only after taking a seat on the opposite side of the bed. "Does that count as free?" she responded almost rhetorically. Of course, she knew most people wouldn't just share a bed with someone else, but this wasn't any random person and Kairos was rather free to begin with. "Well, my house has more than one bed but... mine is obviously the most comfortable. So, do what you want with that. But know if I come home and find you sleeping in my bed, I'm just crawling in... I don't care," she said this sentence with the same joking tone she'd had the entire day, but she was quite serious about sleeping in her own bed regardless of if she found the lad with her within it or not. Something about his last statement though, hit a bit close to home, her eyes widened slightly. Whether she had a thing for him or not, had nothing to do with this moment, perhaps her child self was quite infatuated with this young man, but her teen self seemed to have taken a liking to him for entirely different reasons. Or perhaps for the same reasons and it didn't really matter long term. Regardless, she had no intention of answering such an inquiry in a way which could be taken seriously in either direction. Still a teasing mystery would be left up in the air as a direct result of this, "Spoilers~" she mentioned as she comfortably fell into a laid back position within the half of the bed she'd chosen.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 10:32 AM
"I'll rue nothing! Once I invade a home, I won't go anywhere else until it's time to invade the next one!" Shortly after sitting on his allotted half of the bed, Luxu leaned until his back lay across the mattress. At that time, his head rested atop his hands, and a yawn passed his lips. "Yes, that counts as free, but I'm not complaining. Weird, though. You have more than one bed, but you're telling me to fall asleep wherever... it just may happen to result in waking up, and finding out I've chosen your bed by virtue of you being there regardless? Hmm..." Luxu stared at the ceiling for the duration of his speech, finding these matters to be more interesting the deeper he delved. One word resonated through his mind's ear as his eyes came to a close. "Spoilers, huh..."

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 10:53 AM
Kairos though she'd had a pretty interesting minor rant, also found herself in an easily relaxed state, her own eyes having closed fairly soon after she'd laid down. The yawn of Luxu didn't go unnoticed by the lass, and after his most recent statement she had one of her own covered by a hand over her mouth as she rolled onto her side. "Um-hm, that's a warning... weird though it might be~" she whispered as she rather easily drifted off to sleep. This would be the last thing stated by the girl, as she napped in this little shack with what was apparently her Master as her bed partner. Whatever the case, she seemed to be at ease regardless of their limited amount of time knowing each other, though she knew it to be quite a while herself. And in this state she would remain until she was woken.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 11:07 AM
In the minutes to come, Luxu managed to drift off with the greatest of ease. He hardly even managed to register Kairos' final statement before he lost consciousness himself. His sleep, while not at all restless, was somewhat fitful. Luxu tossed and turned without end for as long as he slept. Such a thing had become something of a standard for the prodigal Foreteller, though the bed itself was a positive note to add. Eventually, Luxu rolled until he was awake properly, at which point he sat up and sighed. "Right. I guess it's time... to go back to Daybreak Town, huh..."

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 11:14 AM
At some point during the Master Luxu's fitful sleep, Kairos had also been sleeping and had wrapped herself around him. One would find even when he properly woke, the girl still had her arms wrapped around him and her own eyes were still shut tight. As she had followed his rolls with her own without much else being necessary. Though she registered his waking, she wasn't quite ready for full wakefulness yet herself. "Um... ah... five more minutes..." she groaned as she tightened her hold on the lad fully intending to sleep for longer. Whatever the case, she hadn't quite registered the very real person in bed with her, nor anything strange about her surroundings. But it was also a fairly well-known fact that the lass had a hard time waking up properly in the morning.

Bloodedge
02-26-2019, 11:39 AM
An attempt to rise was made by Luxu as his eyes opened, but in that moment, he realized there was something keeping him bound to the bed. It was as if he'd been caught in some sort of clasp... one which had a voice making a request for five more minutes. Just then, he realized exactly what was happening. Somehow, at some point during the night, Kairos had latched onto him and refrained from letting go. He sighed, yet made no further moves to extricate himself. No, Luxu instead remained still in bed whilst staring at the ceiling, waiting for whatever 'five more minutes' meant to the lass in his company.

Apollymi
02-26-2019, 11:54 AM
No further movements were made, and Kairos was allowed a blissful few extra minutes of sleep. This was strangely something just accepted by the master she was currently clinging to seemingly without a problem. Of course, some ten minutes later, when the girl properly stirred, she became immediately aware of her closeness to the master. In such a moment, she released her hold on him and rubbed her face managing to look simultaneously tired and embarrassed. A yawn escaped her as she finished untangling herself from his person and rolled back over to the side of the bed she'd originally claimed. "Sorry mornings are really hard. I didn't mean to keep you..." she said while fighting the desire to flop back onto the bed by stretching further. "Aaaah, Good Morning~" she managed not nearly as chipper as she'd been the day prior to this one, but such active states of happiness had to be worked into, and it was too early by Kairos' own account for that sort of thing.

Bloodedge
02-27-2019, 12:37 AM
If there was one thing Luxu knew without question, it was time. As such, he was quite privy to the fact that the alleged 'five minutes' requested by Kairos occurred twice over in succession. He didn't seem to mind this very much though, as he'd done nothing the entire time besides stare at the ceiling. When Kairos removed herself from him and rolled away, he looked toward her. "So I've heard. It wasn't bothersome at all. Good morning," he said whilst finally making an effort to rise properly. "I have to say though, I never expected to be used as a body pillow. I think I need a raise if this is part of my job description now."

Apollymi
02-27-2019, 12:48 AM
Kairos finished stretching and yawned once more, she seemed to be kind of awake. That being said she also really wanted to flop back down into this bed and sleep for a couple more hours. But there were the words of Master Luxu, mentioning that it wasn't very bothersome at all and wishing her a good morning. His quip about being a body pillow though, required an immediate comeback. Though the girl apparently wasn't very awake, her comedic timing could never be questioned. "RAAAISE?! You're a bit too firm to be a proper body pillow. Points for warmth and amiability though. You shouldn't consider it part of your job though, I'm the one with a job. You should consider it a privilege, a perk even." she joked as she managed to bring herself back into a proper humor and wake up enough to feel like she wasn't going to be a walking corpse for hours on end.

Bloodedge
02-27-2019, 10:08 PM
"Oh, is that it!?" Luxu said quickly in response, beginning his faux outrage at the idea that he'd failed his task of being a true pillow. "You think you can just have a pillow that's soft and self-heating? No! I guess you'll just have to settle for a normal soft pillow that's always cold on the other side from now on, then. I quit!" he continued with the add of a waving finger in front of Kairos' face. With that, he launched himself off the bed and landed firmly on his feet beside it, taking a moment to stretch as well until he felt fit enough to call upon his Keyblade. "It's a new day with a lot of potential. Are you ready to go back to your normal life, or are you tagging along?"

Apollymi
02-27-2019, 11:03 PM
If Kairos' comedic timing was perfect, Luxu was the perfect match for the kind of joking she liked to do. His comeback this time was fake outrage which she took with a chuckle even as a finger was wagged in her face as it was claimed she'd have to settle for a regular pillow from now on. "You can't quit, you're fired!" the girl spat back with an equal amount of fake outrage. Only to burst into laughter, "Though I do believe firmly in second chances... we'll just have to soften you up a bit~" she said as if giving serious consideration to how to make the lad into a more proper pillow. Beyond their early morning joke though, there was the matter of this new day. And soon enough the lad was holding his own weapon within his hand but only after a stretch and mentioning that it was a new day. The new possibilities of this day included an offer extended to Kairos to go back to her regular life for now, or to instead spend another day in Master Luxu's company. The raven-haired girl tossed around her pigtails straightening them while giving thought to this offer, but she soon came with a reply as she stood with her hands on her hips. "Oh? You think you can get rid of me, after a single failed attempt at being a pillow. No... that simply won't do..." she mused before performing a single flip which landed her on her hands which she used to walk over to the lad. "It's only right that you're stuck with me for today too!~" she stated making her intention to stay obvious as she righted herself at his side seeming to feel enough like herself this morning to continue on.

Bloodedge
02-28-2019, 12:41 AM
"Good luck with that!" was all Luxu had to say in response to the idea of being softened. His Keyblade spun in his hand while he awaited the answer of Kairos to whether they would remain together or separate for the day. After a very strange method of approach, the girl made her wishes known. This pair would remain in one another's company for this second consecutive day, resulting in an easy decision by Luxu for what their agenda would start with. He stopped the twirling of his Keyblade and pointed it forward, opening a return portal to their homeland of Daybreak Town. "In that case, it's time you were filled in on what you've been missing. Your Union has a lot of new members. After you~"

Apollymi
02-28-2019, 12:51 AM
It soon became apparent that the lad with her had no intention of softening up, but Kairos supposed she had plenty of time to figure that out as well. "Yep. Leave it to me!~" she sang seemingly happy to have been presented with such a task. On to the matter of what they would be doing today, apparently it was fine that she chose to keep up her activities with him, and as they were apparently headed back to Daybreak Town to check up on the union she was part of, Kairos had a slight change to make. She summoned her Keyblade to her hand and switched its Keychain so that it was no longer that of the End of a Heart, but instead it gained a star shaped Keychain with a lock upon it flaming orange in color which changed the shape of her Keyblade back to that of the Eternal Flame. After this was done she banished it and walked forward with her hands on her hip. "Eh, I suppose it's fine. At least Master Invi didn't stick me with a babysitting..." she commented as she stepped through the portal back to town without a thought in the world.