• Promoting Articles from the Forums

One of the innovative new features on vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite is the cross-publishing "Promote to Article" functionality.

In the spirit of promoting content discovery, we wanted to create features that will allow content to flow between Forums, Blogs, and Articles. For example, there might be a really popular post in the forums, but unfortunately it is buried inside page 13 of a thread. We will now have an option (if you have permissions) to "promote" a forum (or blog) post as a new article on the homepage.

Here's how it works:
    1: Users with permissions to publish a forum post into an article will see the "Promote to Article" button on each forum post. This user can push the button which will then bring up the "Add/Edit" article screen in the Content Management System.

2: In the "Add/Edit Article" page, the user will notice that the Article Title and Article Body is pre-filled with the information from the Forum Post .

3. Also note that the original author of the forum post is attributed as the new article author. Clicking the save button will save the new article publish it live to the CMS powered website.

4: After clicking "Save" the user will be taken to the Article View page. In this screen, visitors of the website can view the article and also leave a comment about the article.

5: Please note that at the end of the article, there is an attribution that this article was:
    a. Originally published in a forum thread (with hyperlink) started by a user (with hyperlink).
    b. And there is a hyperlink to the original forum post.

6: The article is also published on the front page of the CMS-powered Website.
  • Recent Forum Posts

Bloodedge

Charles Patricius

Charlemagne had nothing more to say. Of course, he wagered Jeanne would have been better off sending only one invitation to him, if Astolfo was going

Bloodedge Yesterday, 07:37 PM Go to last post
    Apollymi

Charles Patricius

Charlemagne had a lot to say about the potential of a lost message. Of course, Jeanne knew of the lack of trustworthiness of Astolfo it was why she'd

Apollymi Yesterday, 01:40 PM Go to last post
    Bloodedge

Charles Patricius

"First: why the hell would you trust Astolfo to deliver a message? He's the last person you should trust for that! Second: busy! At that point, I

Bloodedge 03-16-2024, 12:05 PM Go to last post
    Apollymi

Charles Patricius

"You were definitely invited, Chuck. I left an invite for you in your old barracks and I gave one to Astolfo for you just in case," Jeanne explained

Apollymi 03-16-2024, 11:18 AM Go to last post
    Bloodedge

Charles Patricius

Apparently, Charlemagne did receive an invitation to the last party. That was news to him, however. "I didn't show up because I was never invited.

Bloodedge 03-16-2024, 10:39 AM Go to last post