Guinevere had been laughing at the lad. But in her defense, what he said was absolutely hilarious to her. Everything simply made so much more sense knowing he was trying on purpose to be normal in conversation. Guinevere was a person who found playing practical jokes funny. When she was younger she used to press people's buttons, purposefully. Arthur could have no idea exactly how amusing she found his antics even when they weren't undertaken with the utmost confidence that he put into his work. "It was hilarious," she explained of her previous outburst. "Mostly, such things are funny because I know you're being serious~" she mentioned, having seemed to have stopped laughing for a moment at least.

This level of awkward was quite unusual, but Guinevere couldn't dislike it at all. It was quite easy to tell in such moments that Arthur was being genuine, because no one would be that awkward on purpose. It was currently a major selling point of the lad, that he was capable but not purposefully suave around her. "Indeed, flirting from me is a certain show of interest. I suppose that isn't always true but I wouldn't flirt with someone I didn't like..." she explained of herself. There were plenty of people who flirted as easily as they breathed but Guinevere didn't count herself among them. "That fourth answer is likely included in the do whatever makes you happy within reason part," she concluded seeming to be suppressing more laughter. "Though I suppose I should take that deal as an invitation, then?" she questioned seeming to think on it more before coming to a perfectly impish way to conclude such flirting. "I suppose I can accept such an offer, though I am a tad disappointed, I was hoping to find out how I would be blackmailed~" she teased face warm from the sun and her own kind of embarrassment. Strangely, this was an interesting development. She was just trying to get this lad to loosen up a bit, she hadn't intended to flirt with him at all, but with all she'd learned about him in the last few moments she could hardly resist poking at his very obvious weaknesses. Ah, well, lunch was all but over now, still, it was good to have him laughing and talking again. Even though she hadn't looked at him over the course of this meal... she could practically feel the warmth radiating from the lad. Who he was, as long as he was himself, was always going to be enough for Guinevere, of this she was somewhat certain.