Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle of Loch Ness

Happy to share, happy to be shared. Merlyn got to experience the gentle happiness of her upfront lifestyle. At least when it came to her as a being she never was anything but honest with those around her. She was emotionally unavailable for several reasons not the least of which were associated the directly with Clairvoyance. Even so, both of the men she was currently sandwiched between seemed to be on the same page as far as their shared activity of choice could be concerned. That likely would have made her more excited than it did currently, but there was a thing plaguing her mind. And it was so very clear but there was naught to be done about it. Merlyn shifted her gaze properly for the first time, looking directly to Sir Cador. They really were a lot alike in more ways than she could count. And beyond his usefulness to their escape of Zuria, he was... full of rather useful advice. "Hm? A distraction as a boon?" she questioned a light upward inflection. Let herself be distracted by her current favorites among the Knights of the Round Table. Give her mind something to do besides dwell on an inevitability and get a taste of all these new flavors per her own real appetites? He offered much, she'd not know if it would be enough of a distraction until later, but for now at least it was an entertaining thought. "I'd be remiss to turn down such an offer. Enjoying such a sunset in the company of others might indeed set my mind at ease. I suppose I won't know until such a thing is tried, but I am far from against the notion~" the lass mused. Oh yes, she still sounded like she was in a good humor. She was indeed still flirting. And yes they were setting up a date of the most sexual order, but... it was still their gnawing at the back of her mind... what she wouldn't give for something stronger than wine this day.

At the same time, Arthur seemed almost giddy to have his eldest and most aloof sister joining him for dinner. "Well, the exact timing of the thing I am here for is a bit unknown, since Sir Lancelot and Lady Galahad are not present... I assume I am bit early. But a bit could mean days, months or even years at this point. So, a brief pause is far from a point of concern. I have had several changes in lifestyle little brother, eating a meal with one of my siblings is far from drastic," said the blonde haired lass who continued to carry on as if she was just as aloof as the lad called her. According the lad she and her sisters had stood him up when ending up in another world. She chuckled at this notion finding it most ridiculous. "Ah yes, well it isn't like ending up here was our intention. Nor was everything that came with it. It's been an interesting life at least... and decently long for all of us. Some months have passed for you, but each of us as seen a millennium at least. I've seen a couple, but to be fair such a thing is not unusual for me..." she said with a most casual shrug.

Soon after all the lad could apparently think about was the potential for being pranked in a bath. She looked at her younger brother and shook her head. "I am far from the type to prank you in such a way... besides that trauma wouldn't last long..." she mentioned as if it was an actual consideration as she ate. Still...There was the matter of why Arthur was feeding the denizens of Loch Ness. Apparently, he'd come here and found the people in need. And he'd taken it upon himself to see them fed. "That is so like you," she said there was a glint of something in her eye. Was this pride? Familial bonding? Well something like that. "This world isn't that kind, surely you're at least aware of that by now, little brother." Oh, but something he'd said caught her attention. "Wait, you didn't grow up here? You just came here... as you are?" she said this as if she was rather suddenly worried. She was as far as the time line was concerned the first to arrive. She lived through the age of fairies on this world, and eventually tracked down both of her younger sisters to assist them as she would. "The Lady Vivian has no reason to worry. King Arthur received the Excalibur left behind by Queen Artoria. His life isn't in danger as such..." Merlyn mentioned over the cup of wine she was drinking drawing the blonde lass' eyes towards her. Oh... such a face in a woman's body was quite familiar to Vivian she seemed a bit surprised. "How are you here?"

Merlyn's agreement to his proposal struck Sir Cador's ear as the sorceress admitting to mental anguish. She spent just a bit too long thinking for it to register as anything else, in all reality. Nevertheless, surely any member of the current Round Table would offer the succubus some reprieve, provided they knew her plight. Cador and Hector could be counted as two seekers of Merlyn's general satisfaction at present, and both assumed that number would only grow with the passage of time. Well, such could only be the case so long as Merlyn herself avoided isolating herself from mortals for another one or more lifetimes. "I guess I'll be postponing that nap after all. All's well that ends well," said Cador, to which Hector chimed in thereafter. "In that case, we await the lead of Lady Merlyn herself. At your leisure."

Arthur heard a familiar name for a second time in only a few moments. Sir Lancelot, and now, Sir... or rather, Lady Galahad were mentioned in an interesting way. "Did you just give me a spoiler? Well, I now know I should be expecting two more familiar Knights of the Round Table. Are there any others I should be expecting? Bedivere? Gawain? Tristan?" he wondered aloud. At this point, Arthur wasn't sure if both he and Artoria had their own separate knights with matching names, or something else entirely. His Merlyn was a woman, and it seemed Galahad in this world was one as well. What other differences would appear? King Arthur, the Once and Future King, was in fact two separate titles, and... everything was quite a mess overall. Weirder yet, it seemed all of his sisters had been in this world for ages upon ages. So then, there was strange time travel mixed in as well? Wonderful. All things considered, at least he wouldn't have to fret for the sanctity of his bath. That notion alone was worth relaxing, despite all the ongoing confusion. "Go figure. Someone actually explains something to me for once, and all it does is make my head spin. Have I become an idiot, or is it normal to be this confused here?" he asked.

The oddities weren't quite done yet. Perhaps the strangest thing to note thus far, was the curiosity regarding Arthur's state when entering this world. Vivian implied that his arrival was somehow unorthodox, as if it were normal to be born into this world as one's character. How could such a thing be reasonable? Were they all previously infants with memories from their former adult lives? He couldn't imagine the headaches! "I'll be honest... I didn't figure it was possible to be anything but whatever my character in the game was. Guinevere said she grew up here, but she wasn't playing the video game, so she didn't have a character. That makes sense to me. So, what, you all grew up into the bodies of your game selves?"

Was Merlyn in mental anguish? Yes. Yes she was. She couldn't help it, she'd done all she could to keep this particular group from experiencing too much and here someone new was, flouncing about with what had to be the most simplistic form of Clairvoyance handing out spoilers. Ah, but those who sought to make the sorceress' life a bit less miserable acquiesced to her wishes without much discontent. "Yes, I am indeed apologetic that Sir Cador will miss his nap but I'd be grateful for the the company." Merlyn practically admitted to needing this distraction. At this point, she likely would have withdrawn completely from society if she thought it would save her from knowing too much. "I will need but a few moments, there is damage control and a single question I have to ask that the Lady Vivian has the answer to~" she mused. Ah, Merlyn was still covering for herself and still cushioning what would be a great blow in a bit.

Vivian in the moment was asked if she had given him a spoiler. "I think that barely counts as one. They both exist and the Lady Galahad is related to Sir Lancelot, they are brother and sister. Galahad fell to this level at the battle against the Evil Goddess some time ago, but I lost track of her... Sir Lancelot is looking for her, or will be looking for her and someone else I can't see. I came down to check on things... so I would have information when he asks for it... but I'm not sure when he'll arrive," the young woman said honestly. At the same time Merlyn was audibly scoffing. That was way too much information to give one like Arthur, and the lad was currently way too nice to be skeptical of anyone, even while knowing the lore. As for his questions of other knights his sister would give a casual shrug. "I don't know if or when you will meet the rest. I don't always see things like that clearly. It's more like ripples in a pond for me, little brother..." she mentioned which gave Merlyn the ability to relax a bit. Though the sorceress was now pinching the bridge of her nose as if she'd developed a headache from the impending fixes of various bits of information given unnecessarily to Arthur. "Confusion is pretty normal in the young. Since you're here as an adult... if you happened to have written character information for your Avatar your personality is being over-ridden at least slightly by that... if you feel sluggish it could be that. But experience will leave you more or less yourself by the end," she explained, in a way which was also reasonable from Merlyn's perspective. "Still how are you here?" she asked of Merlyn a second time. "I think you've mistaken me for someone else. You're the second person to do that... the other being that evil former goddess none of you can see..." she said with a pointed jab. An exhale and an empty cup. "I am Merlyn... with a 'y'," she explained for a second time revealing the fullness of her face to just this lass in particular with her hood.

"Oh... he said he had a little sister. He didn't imply a twin..." mentioned Vivian who seemed to suddenly be sheepish. "Well, Nii-chan, enjoys being coy. And I am younger than him so he plays at annoying big brother pretty reasonably. Do you know why I can't sense him, Lady Vivian?" she asked. Vivian avoided answering that question initially. "Yes, we all grew up here. Emi and Eri were both children when I came across them the first time. But they still remember, all else. Growing up is necessity or your power will outgrow your body and you'll be consumed by it, they call it the Devouring. It is a problem... with few solutions currently. It is good you don't have it, there isn't a fix for it, available on this continent," she explained. Before giving a minor sigh. "I may have... locked the male Merlin in the tower of Avalon. It's probably why you can't sense him..." she mentioned having the grace to look embarrassed. "Sou desu ka. That does explain quite a bit, gomennasai... I know how he is... so I understand how such a conclusion became necessary," said Merlyn. Ah, it would be a while yet before she had contact with her elder brother. "Well, he cheated his way out of that too. He's still walking around and everything but his real self is there..." Vivian stated.

When told a few moments would be required, both Cador and Hector nodded briefly. Whatever question she had for Vivian, it was none of their business. Merlyn was left to seek any answers she wished, and both men would behave as her distractions against whatever she wished to ignore. The pair finished their dishes, and each moved about to check a few individuals here and there throughout the dining hall. All the while, both Hector and Cador spared occasional glances in Merlyn's direction. It was obvious to both that something was amiss with their resident sorceress, but neither had a clue what it actually was. Whatever the case, neither could envy her the trouble.

"Evil goddess, huh?" Arthur questioned. Apparently, the goddess Kolin had previously been was even worse than he'd come to believe. "I almost killed her, I think." So, it seemed he would indeed be meeting two of the more well-known Knights of the Round Table. Lancelot especially was a great name to think of─ frightening depending on how closely they followed lore, but great nonetheless. Of course, more exciting yet was the idea that Arthur was officially a step closer to seeing his other sisters. How did they fare, he wondered. This one was obviously fine, despite allegedly being around for longer than anyone should live. "So you grew up again here, and then just... lived forever. I'm guessing that's the case for most people here? And, because I came here as I am, I could have gotten some otherworldly terminal illness? Here's hoping I can avoid that completely, but anyway, I didn't have a sheet filled out yet. Hell, I didn't have much of a build going on; I was looking for the Excalibur quest when I wound up here." Now that he was on the subject of his own appearance in this world, there was one thing to cross his mind. Merlyn and Vivian took a moment to discuss the location of the former's counterpart, but once there was a proper space, Arthur had a query for Vivian as well. "So, hey... you haven't happened upon my boss in this world in recent years, have you?"

Ah, both Cador and Hector would begin making their rounds, disappearing into the shadows for the quiet time that Merlyn would seek soon after this meal and well into the night. At the same time, Merlyn was uniquely privy to the conversation between Arthur and his sister. They were such a nice pair of siblings, she could see this playing out well beyond this moment. Even with the aloof nature of the one currently known as Vivian what was going to happen very soon wasn't at all something she'd be happy knowing about either. Obviously her Clairvoyance was far from perfect. Still, Vivian had obvious redeemable qualities one such was about to become obvious. "You should have tried a bit harder. She's a plague and I at least can't see her without laying eyes on her..." she said with a deep frown. "You aren't alone in that, I believe she's hiding herself... on purpose as she seeks her revenge," said Merlyn. Since there was a loop of information missing she might as well make sure what needed to be known would get to where it should be eventually. "She's trying to regain herself... one should keep an eye out for her old habits," Merlyn warned for the realm above.

For her brother, Vivian had but a shrug to give. "Yes, we grew up here. Though living forever is a unique experience, truly immortal people are hard to come by... Not all people will die of old age or anything though. Most humans will die at about twice the lifespan of what we're used to. If they have a different species mixed in they may get a few hundred years more life. A few strange exceptions exist and exceptional individuals can claim something a bit closer to immortality for themselves. Heroes do for instance. Since your character was blank you will probably get to remain mostly you. Getting that sickness would be a problem but I am sure Merlyn would have sense it if it was a problem for you. The first sign of it is spiking mana and an inability to keep pets," she said in explanation. The girl known was Vivian seemed to be functioning like an information dump, and so long as it wasn't spoilers, Merlyn herself was content. Finding out her brother was in Avalon was a bit disturbing but he was safe and that was relieving. Another question would come from Arthur this one very specific. Vivian's eyes would widen... "You think your boss, the Ashikaga girl, is here... why?!" she questioned him as if completely aghast. The was truly worried. Given that girl's reputation, she couldn't imagine this world surviving her onslaught. She imagined some country with that girl as a tyrant lording over it. What was more she was quite certain that she would have heard if that girl was here at some point over her very long life. She recovered eventually. "No... I haven't see her. I'll keep an eye out for her though... if you are looking for her. I doubt she wouldn't have hit someone's radar if she showed up here..." Vivian mentioned. That girl was a storm and it was curious she hadn't heard anything about her since showing up here.

The Ashikaga girl? Hm, that name was somewhat familiar to Merlyn. Actually, anyone from their own time knew that lass, her name was famous. She was probably the richest teenager in the world and heralded as one of the hardest working. Strangely enough when Merlyn looked into the future towards such a person... she couldn't see... anything?! A blind spot in her vision. Well... not exactly blind... but cloudly, like if she was there, she wasn't clear. Weird. "Uh...huh. Well, sorry my brother was a jerk to you... thanks in advertantly for keeping him safe. Thank you, Arthur for dinner... I'm going to walk it off now~" Merlyn mused as if she was bored with the current situation. Yep, just like that... just like normal. Not like she was freaking out at all... aloof behavior was quite normal for her after all...

Alright, so Arthur could expect something akin to double the normal human lifespan in this world. That was quite a long time, but... his character and the one that became Artoria Pendragon─ they were meant to be the same. How had Artoria been around for so long? No; that wasn't something he would ask now. If he sought that answer, he would have to wait, if only so he could ask his twin in person. Despite being twins, he never felt like she was his closest sibling. In fact, she was the most intimidating force by far, leaving Arthur to gravitate toward the youngest of their family instead. As such, he felt more comfortable with the idea of approaching her when he already had topics to broach. All he had to do, was keep stable until they could meet.

Moving on, Vivian had no information regarding his boss. She even asked why he thought the girl was here, to which Arthur could only sigh before responding. "Because she vanished on me again, and she wasn't in any of the arcades anywhere in Shibuya, Shinjuku, or... anywhere. I finally checked her room, saw this game loaded, and decided to investigate through a first-hand experience. She has to be here, even if she hasn't shown up yet. I figured you three would be fine if you were here, so I was prioritizing her. Though, it's very satisfying to see at least one of you around. I'm glad you were able to pop up."

In the lull of conversation, Merlyn decided to take her leave. Oh well; her questions had been answered, and she had partaken of a meal with the group. Arthur could consider himself satisfied for the experience, brief as it was. "Don't thank me, Merlyn. We all contributed, and you're certainly no exception. Don't go another month without sharing the experience, alright?" he requested. With that said, Arthur took his final bite and rose from his seat as well. "Well then... I guess I should be getting around to those dishes, huh? I've made everyone else do too much already."

Arthur seemed to be in deep thought for a second. Vivian could imagine the lad thinking about such things as his relationship with his siblings or maybe even his would be extended life span. Ah, but that wasn't it, instead he was worried about his boss. Apparently the young teen had slipped out from under this nose again and she'd not be found in any of her usual haunts. He'd decided that this was the most likely place due to it being the last thing she was playing. "Sou, well... that's a shame. Emi did say, you spent most of your time tracking her down. I reminded her that teen girls are notoriously moody as we were all at some point. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If she's here you'll eventually find her," said Vivian. "Hopefully she's as good at games as her arcade habits imply... or she found someone to help her out if she's not," she said with a casual shrug. Though not one of the favored siblings, Hoshimi Rie was at least no nonsense and practical. If the girl was here, he'd likely find her, there was no use stressing out about it. She wondered why he hadn't asked for Merlyn's help in tracking her down properly.

Beyond this Merlyn was on her way out. Yep, definitely couldn't stay but what was this... Arthur wasn't just accepting her thanks. He requested that she show up again before the passage of another month to share a meal with them. And once again commended her work in the day. Inwardly Merlyn sighed. "If that is your request I suppose I can... make another appearance or two at some point," Merlyn said. She saw this fundamentally, she wasn't sure if she would have this in her... ah, but should she look in on it? Well not right now, but maybe later. What was this, Arthur was going to wash dishes? Well, there was on more thing Merlyn would say as she walked away with her hood upon her face those glowing eyes of hers showing for just a moment before she disappeared deeper into the castle. "The dishes wash themselves. Take the night off and enjoy yourself...." she stated with a casual wave, too bad he wouldn't take that advice as she meant it. 'Happy now. Sad later...' she thought within her own head. Where did Merlyn head after this... well the observatory on the castle. She knew for a fact it'd once been a bedroom. She'd turned it into her own again, because it was out of the way and had a gorgeous glass ceiling for view of the night sky. Likely because much like herself her brother didn't sleep either. Ah, the negatives of being a Succubus.

"Understatement of the century. When I'm on the clock, I'm hunting her down. When she forces me to take a day off, I'm hunting her down because of where she's always going to end up without a bodyguard," Arthur explained to his eldest sister. "It's like clockwork, you know? New game releases, new machine hits an arcade within ten kilometers... Ashikaga sneaks out," he concluded. "You're right, though. I'm sure she's here, and I'll definitely find her. Whenever that happens, she's getting an earful for every minute I had to search!"

Well, Arthur was going to wash dishes. Surprisingly though, he didn't have to do a thing, due to Merlyn's application of magic. He paused mid-step, aghast as he looked toward the sorceress. "That's... a bit too much, Merlyn. Fine," he said as his hands were thrown overhead. "I'll relax along with everyone else. Make sure you do the same." These were his final words to the sorceress, who went on to locate her own room higher in the castle. Naturally, Cador and Hector kept their senses open to follow the sorceress toward the observatory. As they did, Arthur decided to wind down and actually enjoy a cup of wine in the midst of people who, for reasons he couldn't understand himself, were beginning to accept the idea of him as their king. All was pleasant within Loch Ness... for the time being. At the very least, Arthur had nothing at all to complain about; everything was a veritable win in his book.

Vivian stared at her brother with wide eyes. She normally didn't spend much time conversing with him about his troubles in life. So she was quite surprised to find that he was willing to share so much information about his charge and her apparent bad habits. She figured, that they always just spoke to Emi about such things. She was even guilty of choosing to talk to their younger sister most of the time. "She sounds like a girl with a mission. Whatever it might be she doesn't see the need of a bodyguard, but most don't until they have a bad experience... they are just arcades after all," she said with a curt nod. Of course, he claimed he would give the lass an earful whenever he happened to find her. "Uh-huh, I believe in you. And that hardcore attitude~" she teased ever so gently. They both knew, when he came across his charge... he'd be way more concerned with her safety than he would be with giving her sass about her adventurous spirit. Though he'd likely do both, he seemed like that sort of person overall.

A scoff would come from the sorceress at the idea that Arthur drew the line at self-cleaning dishes being too much. Life for these regular humans was way too short to be wasted on dishes. And hers was far too long for her to be worried about the Future King's busy body tendencies. No, she had more things to be concerned about instead, or rather that she was trying to be less concerned about. Her own room, this observatory had as its centerpiece a large water bed, with a size to be categorized by the term 'orgy'. Beyond this there were several beanbag chairs around and pale purple and pink tones to go along with the lass' general sense of style and fashion. It was very much a 'stoner girl' bedroom with a large glass ceiling which she was already looking out of as if deep in thought. She was strangely still hiding even in what would eventually be considered privacy for her, hood up and glowing eyes clearly distraught. If she got started soon enough she could ignore things as time drew closer and closer to that doom flag she already abhorred.

Indeed, Arthur would be primarily concerned with the safety of his charge upon finding her. Of course, that didn't mean he would refrain from giving her a single ounce of lip about the trouble she put him through. Time and time again, she proved to be the cause of his every anxiety, and he would always make sure she knew about it. Then, and only then, could he put effort into concern.

Speaking of concern, there was a rather troublesome expression to be seen by Cador and Hector. As the pair reached the observatory, even though Merlyn's face remained hidden behind the shadow of her hood, what they both witnessed was undoubtedly someone who needed their mind anywhere other than wherever it was. Neither knight would pry; doing so would begin a dialogue and defeat the purpose of this visit. Instead, it was Cador who stepped fully into the room, while Hector closed the door behind them. "Merlyn, Merlyn, Merlyn," the Spirit Knight spoke as he stepped up to the sorceress' rear, reaching up to peel back her hood. Both men would gaze upon that face full of wonder. "As much as I would like to say the moon looks lovely tonight, I do believe I should refrain. Sir Hector, perhaps you have something more... fitting?" He prodded the other knight for thoughts, a hand spreading out the succubus' hair now that it was free of that hood. Hector stepped forward then, appraising Merlyn and comparing her current state to what he'd seen earlier this day. "I am hardly the wordsmith you are, Sir Cador, but I am more inclined to look down than I am to gaze upon the moon," he said. Cador laughed, that hand of his moving from Merlyn's hair to trail along the side of her neck. "Wise as always, my friend. If you look low enough, though... there may be greater moons yet to behold. The only question is, what would the woman who protects that moon require for men like us to reach it? Well... Merlyn?" Cador's final question came as a whisper, spoken while his fingers pushed that mess of hair away from Merlyn's ear.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast