Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle of Loch Ness

A nod came from Guinevere at the first of Arthur's statements. She doubted it would be seen but her mouth was full in the moment. By the time she finished chewing, Arthur had offered his thanks, both for her statement and then more generally for everything. "I was only being honest. There isn't any real need to thank me for anything. I only do and say what I think is right in a moment," she said softly. This was the third time she'd told this lad not to thank her for something she'd done which was simply organic to her being. She was feeling slightly abashed now. Actually, she'd chosen her seating position to give the lad quite a bit of comfort in their interaction considering his most recent habits. Of course, it was proving to be just as good to her, given the current shade of crimson her face seemed to be maintaining.

It seemed the former employment of Guinevere really struck a nerve with Arthur in his mind. The young blonde had a whole tirade lined up about what he would do in case such a young woman was ever summoned into his presence. He even claimed a friend who put him in such a position would be swiftly handed a beating. Now what was this? More of that interesting personality of his, a claim that he could solicit a kiss maybe by offering to stop beating that imaginary friend of his. "Hahahahaha~ Yes, that definitely counts as blackmail..." she said choosing not to question cosplay as that had been one of the random things explained to her previously. "And and and..." she was stuttering through her laughter at the moment. "The fact that you had to think about it... shows pretty handedly that odd upbringing of yours. Though I suppose if I didn't know about that, I might assume you just watch too much tv," she mentioned with a hearty chuckle. Would she have accepted such blackmail? Hm... that was something worth considering. She became quiet for a moment, taking an overly dramatic pause and making sure to play up her 'contemplation' of the subject. "Hm, I do wonder if I would. I suppose it would depend. Who is blackmailing me, is it still blackmail if you'd agree for a specific person?" she seemed almost quizzical but this definitely seemed like a philosophical debate. "I'd agree for you, knowing you now... but not some random stranger, who'd beat up his comrade, that'd be weird."

Yet again, a rejection of notions. At times, it almost seemed as if Guinevere's pastime was redirecting his thanks or apologies, but there was nothing he could do aside from insist otherwise. This wouldn't be the time he managed to do so, however. All this talk of kiss-o-grams and their misleading positions was far too distracting, and it had now become a discussion about blackmail and the like. Apparently, what he thought of was considered blackmail. Arthur, in his previous life, could have employed such a tactic, though not outside of a job. The way he was raised rose to the surface by the mere fact that he found it in question, but Guinevere had something interesting to say in regards to his final question. Well, interesting may not have been the word for it... rather, something worth questioning. She claimed she would accept said blackmail if he were the one presenting it, yet not from some stranger who would assault his companion. How... strange. "I just admitted that I would punch my friend if they did that, but you'd agree if it were me, instead of a stranger doing the same thing? I think I missed a point somewhere," he said as a potential bite of a rice ball was left waiting in front of his mouth. "And did you really just admit to a person that you'd kiss them if they blackmailed you? Probably not something you should say to someone being called king of the place you're living in."

Oh, poor Arthur. The lad seemed to be missing several points. It was quite true, Guinevere could count him as properly distracted, given the fact that he'd not mustered up a counter to her statement about not needing thanks. In the time she'd known him, he'd offered her random apologies and thanks for things that weren't even directly related to him in the least. He had some great amount of chivalry built into that visage of his. But she was finding him a bit more roguish by the day. Actually, there was no problem with that, overly nice people got taken advantage of, someone with a bit of rogue or impish tendencies at the very least wouldn't fall for the same thing twice. That was... well, more appealing in a 'king' than most things, especially if their moral compass remained intact. That impish nature of Guinevere was coming forward in the moment where Arthur seemed to not understand her meaning about accepting such blackmail from him specifically, "Hm, well the point was definitely there. I'm sure you'll find it eventually~" she said in a manner most playful.

Her obvious point was she'd accept a bit of bad behavior from Arthur because she knew him, and not take such things from a random stranger. With that piece of rice hanging in front of his mouth he questioned that she'd admitted she would kiss someone who blackmailed her, but that wasn't the full scope of her message. "No. I admitted I'd kiss you, if you blackmailed me. Though I think such a thing would be unnecessary overall~" she said with an impish grin appearing on her turned face. "And I didn't say it to just someone being called king in a place I'm living. I said it to you." Ah, maybe he'd get it or maybe he'd mull it over for a while. Guinevere had already admitted to a certain amount of interest in this lad, whenever he managed to catch up to that... it would be interesting indeed. Still, she enjoyed these exercises in futility especially when Arthur hadn't seemed to completely catch up yet. Lunch was all done for Guinevere and it'd been quite entertaining, now she just relaxed and stared up at the sky, seeming to have a bit of fun at Arthur's expense.

Oh. There was a point after all─ something he'd simply been missing. What could it have possibly been, he wondered, though not for long. Arthur wouldn't even have time to rationalize an answer for himself, as Guinevere made it rather obvious with her next speech. Oh. Right. Her claim was far more specific than just someone she knew, or some monarch doing the hypothetical blackmailing. He'd been about to take that final bite, only to hesitate once more. She wasn't suddenly looking in his direction now, right? That would be terrible, considering he couldn't tell what sort of expression he was wearing... though it certainly couldn't have been a very attractive form of shock. What else was that? The blackmail wouldn't be necessary, so... "Oh," Arthur stated. His mind was racing a fair bit, but this definitely managed to classify as an incredible distraction from his previous thoughts. "So... no blackmail then? Not even a stern talking to? I never get to use my training for anything," he quipped. Apparently, Arthur had once again found it in himself to joke about. At the very least, doing as much let him push past the embarrassment of the situation.

Arthur was without question, a hilarious individual. It seemed that he had taken the more specific nature of Guinevere's speech after she spoke again. Beyond that point he'd managed to, rather laughably, come to a couple of conclusions. He didn't need to blackmail her. Oh, and she supposed she also wouldn't need anything resembling a stern talking to either. "Arthur Pendragon... there is no reason to pout~" she mused. She couldn't even see his face, but thought nothing of mentioning how such a thing sounded. She found the whole thing humorous, "I am sure you could find plenty of reason to use your training if you wish," she said with a knowing little smirk. Ah... she was all done eating. She put away the box that had once contained her lunch and seemed pretty happy about her life. Arthur was out here and even if it was just for a moment or two, he was happy and having a regular conversation. He was thinking and moving forward, she could hear the humor in him again... these were great things, worth being a bit pushy at the outset to attain.

"I am not pouting!" he insisted, and it was true at the time. Now, though, he most certainly was. Oh, being the runt of the family and being so easily reduced to this state─ he hardly had a choice. As for the use of his training as Guinevere phrased things, well... how was he supposed to take that clause? Was that a flirt? She was flirting completely now, right? Yes, surely she had to be! But... what if she wasn't? "Well I─" Arthur started, though he couldn't bring himself to a proper retort. This lack of certainty wasn't allowed to stand; he had to be sure. How was one supposed to figure out how flirting worked, though? Being on the job, he found such things all too easy; it was just a matter of playing the role. Surely he couldn't get away with such a thing in normal conversation though, right? No, this wasn't roleplay; it was life! There was but a single way to find out, and it definitely wasn't going to happen in Arthur's mind alone. What was the answer, then? "Guinevere, are you flirting with me?" he asked. Many questions had been asked, and many more would be asked in the future. This one, however, was from a much deeper point of genuine curiosity than others thus far.

"Protesting too much~" Guinevere mentioned, she was an older sister, identifying boy pouting was one of the things she'd gotten good at over the years. Oh, he was in for quite a bit of trouble out of this particular lass. She was more perfectly matched for his temperament than even she realized. Somewhere off in the distance, a glowing pair of magenta eyes opened within the confines of the castle library. Ah, she hadn't been sleeping though, just finding a bit of amusement in something. Oh well, that didn't matter right just now. What did matter was the confusion practically radiating off Arthur. He had no immediate comeback for Guinevere, what was he thinking after that start of a stutter? Ah, that question, a raised brow occurred and she smiled a bit harder. "Am I flirting with Arthur?" she seemed to return this question, a pensive look crossing her face. "You know, a question like that would confuse a girl under normal circumstances," she said with a chuckle. Guinevere was quite right too, she was certain that if a boy didn't acknowledge that a girl was flirting with him, she'd be more confused than he was about the situation. Meanwhile, half the male population would take any niceness as flirting simply because they weren't used to any kind of female attention. There was no winning, well at least not without the sort of directness presented by Arthur in the moment. She seemed to be giving it a bit of thought, but this was mostly just her being devious. "But... Yes, Arthur, I am flirting with you. It slipped out right at the end there," she mentioned afterwards.

Protesting too much? That didn't mean he was pouting! Of course, he was doing exactly that, but it had only begun because Guinevere herself implied the previous, obviously nonexistent pout! Whatever the case, there were more important things to deal with... like shoving that final bite of rice into his mouth to chew away this entire segment of their conversation. Yes... in a pouty way. In the meantime, Guinevere would return his query, literally repeating the question from her own perspective. It seemed such a question would be found confusing for a lass in different situations, which was a matter that Arthur himself found confusing in its own right. More to the point, Guinevere admitted that yes, she was indeed flirting. Arthur may have been the one to ask, but he'd never actually expected yes to be the answer. Being a bit thrown aback was nothing strange in this case, though he seemed capable of continuing the conversation regardless of being in such a state. "Oh... well... that's unexpected," he said. Now, Arthur had already revealed his odd upbringing, so he didn't feel very reprehensive at all about being honest here and now. There was something he wasn't sure of, so it was best to ask, right? "There's... something I'm supposed to do or say after you do that, isn't there?"

"I'm not even looking at you, and I know that was the poutiest last bite in history~" Guinevere said still looking up at the sky, that same devious little smile painted across her face. Arthur was far too much fun, so awkward for a man his age. But somehow he still managed to be skilled and useful. He really was the type who had everything together while he had a task in mind but who seemed to totally fall apart in moments where he had nothing to strive for. How very strange, such a boy was. Guinevere found him quite amusing for reasons she couldn't properly understand. Men were sometimes wound way too tightly, couldn't take a moment to enjoy themselves. Arthur was busy poking fun at himself and after he got comfortable, his version of humorous banter was so different from the standard that Guinevere found herself entertained more often than not. "Is it, really?" she asked mostly rhetorically. She couldn't imagine flirting with him to actually be strange. Ah, but she was about to reach the highlight of her lunch, a question from Arthur... there was something he was supposed to do or say after finding out such information and he aimed this question at Guinevere directly. "Bwa--" she covered her mouth and continued to giggle. "Hehehehehe~" she was dying laughing now. But... feedback was important, "Never a dull moment with you, Arthur..." she mused. "What one does in response to finding out someone is flirting with them is up to them. Flirt back, be bashful... ignore it and be super awkward," she said thinking about it logically. "That last one seems a bit like you, but will likely end in you being teased a bit more~" she stated with amusement in those blue eyes of hers. "Mostly, I'd say to do what you wish, and whatever makes you happy, within reason. But, keep in mind it might be happening all the time~" she stated, with a quality of teasing to her voice. Yes, Guinevere was the kind of person who would tell the lad he should just be occasionally aware that she could be flirting with him.

Alright, so maybe Arthur was being a little bit pouty at the moment. No way was he going to admit such a thing; he would just carry on as normal, so long as his current state wasn't viewed directly. Yes, that would work marvelously! Luckily, Guinevere seemed to be spending a few moments with her eyes closed, considering how intensely she was laughing at his expense. For what it was worth, Arthur seemed surprised yet again. "What? Was that funny? I was being serious─" he claimed. Ah, but of course, Guinevere did have an answer for him regardless. He could flirt in return; that probably wouldn't work. He could be bashful; he was already on it. He could also ignore it and be awkward about his response, which was what the white-haired lass assumed was most natural to him. If he did as she expected, there would be further teasing. Well, he'd like that, wouldn't he? It was actually alright, being at the other end of Guinevere's impish nature. "But if you're flirting, that means you're interested, doesn't it? If that's how it is, I should want that. I said I was interested before, after all. Where's the fourth answer, where I invite you to keep doing it until I figure out what I should be doing in response? Take that trade, and I can guarantee that I'll never blackmail you for a kiss."

Indeed, Arthur hadn't the slightest clue that he may have actually been flirting back. It wasn't as if he'd ever made an attempt to do as much before─ at least not while being himself. Perhaps he could have employed those on-site tactics here and now, but he dared not be disingenuous in his approach. Maybe he'd eventually find a middle ground, or maybe... the way he was presently would suffice in the end.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast