Thread: London

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mid-morning on a certain day, in a dreary grey skied city, a single video was being posted to a very popular Youtube channel. Such a video contained the active dressing of a young woman with brown skin and startling purple eyes. Her hair long and purple to match seemed to be quite shiny and the background of the imagine was lit by the gently rising morning sun, barely peeking over the horizon. Here and now, she'd speak looking directly into a camera set up just above her own body giving a full view of herself. "Ello, Bunnies~ I hope you're all up bright and early this mornin'~ I have a mystery giveaway..." she mused to the camera offering them a smile. "But... it's a secret~" she whispered playfully. "Of course, as you can see. I have an update to the little black dress, that video will go up later this week. And I'll be wearing this look to a very special event," she said, as she worked all that long hair, minus her bangs and forward pieces in to a smooth ponytail at the top of her head. That black pinstriped dress she wore bunched ever so gently at the front. She was a pretty normal girl by her own approximation, she simply knew how to dress herself and what she looked good in."This is a preview for the high ponytail look, list of my favorite products in the description. Call this video a sneak peek, then?" she said a few choice items were hidden behind her. "The first 10 bunnies to figure out what all I am going to be doing this week, will win the limited edition Blue Lotus Bunny Ears!~" she announced. "You simply have to tag me on Twitter, @BlueLotus, and mention my activity... I'll get the details and mail you the ears if you guess correctly." This was a short video but it'd been composed to give away what her surprise was going to be. A yellow ribbon, a hand bag, a lace pair of booties on her feet. But in the background, a signed copy of an Aeons manga as well as a few small figurines but the models were blank. Oh this was a good one. Just a small hint. The cover on the book wasn't even visible. But... it was just enough that a few people might be able to figure it out. A nice bit of publicity and a bit of a present for those of her followers who kept up with her on multiple platforms, she figured it'd be a good present for them. "Anyways, I'm now running a bit late, I wouldn't want to keep all you bunnies waiting, so...." a gentle wave and the flick of the bunny ear atop her head would signal her outro.

Soon enough, that video was uploaded. Only moments later, the Youtube channel of "Blue Lotus" as she was called, appeared on another screen... and on many others which received a livestream in the following seconds. First, the number "1" was shown, before the video capture was scrolled up to show the lass' recording. When the playback started, thousands of screens would be granted a split view of Blue Lotus' video, and the livestream's host: a certain social media star with the handle "God-King" and a massive enough following to stream at random without waiting for viewers. Said viewers would bear witness to a brown-skinned male with mid-length, dripping brown hair that his hand ran through as he addressed his following. "First~♥" was his introduction, strangely enough. He seemed excited, beaming brightly as eyes akin to the sun stared into the camera. "Morning, you lot! Guess what? I know what she's doing this week~"

For whatever reason, this male was reacting to the young woman's video. He gazed upon it with utmost adoration and excitement, like some childish fan sitting down for their favorite cartoon on Saturday morning. Hell, if he had a bowl of cereal, he could sit next to such a child as their tall twin. "Look at that. Look at that!" he chanted while observing the woman's ensemble, sparing a glance at the number of views her video was now receiving. "Want those ears, don't ya'? I'd love a pair, but... that'd be a bit of a cheat, wouldn't it? Tell ya' what? She's going to con! Better yet, we're on the same panel!" Ah, the reason behind his wet hair was indeed that he'd recently hopped out of the shower. Still drenched, he wouldn't dare miss a notification to his phone from this particular Youtube channel─ rather, the only one he enabled notifications for. "Go on, then! Run on over, show some love to our favorite gal, and tell her I sent you if you make it into the lucky ten!" With that said, the man sighed, seeming legitimately disappointed for just a moment. "Damn shame though, innit? Wouldn't be fair of me to win as an insider, so what I really need is for at least one of you guys to win in my place, yeah? And, if you can make it to London this week, why not stop by the panel to get them signed, and I'll slide over a lovely little loyalist bonus to top it all off!"

He was on the move the entire time this stream took place. A bit of shifting here, a bypass of a doorframe there, and he was outside in the open. It seemed this man was en route from a very different location at the moment, but it seemed... he was already in London during the stream. "Con's today, if I didn't mention. I'm on my way through Old Street to get there now, so I guess I'll hang with you lot, my fam, before it all gets started. Keep me company so I don't get too nervous to work alongside the queen herself, yeah? Oh! And click the link to my charity! We're still trying to meet goal for the improvement of orphanages; the attachments on that website should show you what's already been done in Leeds. It's good work we're doing here guys, let's keep it up!"

While traveling, the girl who was known on social media as 'Blue Lotus' received a notification for her YouTube Channel. A certain other well known individual had just commented on her video, claiming to have been first! She looked over her screen in her chauffeured vehicle, and wondered why someone who was going to be at the same place as her would even bother. "God-King? He's on the panel. Is this publicity? I feel like I see that name a lot..." she mused. It would be now that she spent time looking at her analytics. She clicked that name and searched through her platform. The numbers attached to that name were indeed astounding. 'Blimey, this one's madferit...' she thought. This lad had a 100 percent watch rate. He'd seen her every video, he'd commented on every one. He was likely her most active viewer. And he was on her panel? She was almost willing to brush this whole thing aside, but it really didn't seem right that he wouldn't get himself a pair of the limited edition ears because he couldn't participate when he was obviously an active viewer. 'It'd only be right, for what is apparently by biggest fan...' Texted her publicist and a couple of other people. She was already being messaged about the live stream, though she hadn't tuned it, she was being advised to say hello at least since she was given a shoutout and all. So, yes, publicity. Within a few moments the first 10 slots had been filled. So a quickie update on Twitter would suffice, she was in a car after all.

At the same time, one of the viewers of the God-King's stream had indeed checked out his charity cause. And he'd find, soon enough a large donation would be crossing his screen. Actually, large wasn't the right word... A 1 Billion Yen donation to that Charity dropped. It was attached to a certain user handle written not in English but translated to MisakiNeesan.

Step after step, the English male progressed through the city of London on his way to the aforementioned convention. He was an absolute ball of nerves, but also of excitement. His most regular viewers could tell this with great ease, if only because of his reactions to... well, life itself at the time. "Oh yeah! I should show off the fit of the day, shouldn't I? Sorry folks; woke up a bit thick today," he explained to his audience. Without further ado, he moved his cellphone's camera away from his face. In doing so, he showcased a navy-colored, floral print shirt with gold and silver graphics, tucked into a pair of black dress pants and gold knob-toe shoes. Upon recovering the position of his camera, he received a notification of his own, directly to the stream. "Ayy, that's the ticket mates! We got a─"

His pause was immediate, and filled with more shock than he'd known in... ages. "MisakiNeesan," he repeated with an oddly accurate Japanese accent after reading the translated name. "... has donated... a billion yen? How much is a billion yen?" he wondered before checking his chat, which would soon provide the answer. Upon receiving it, well, his eyes widened further yet. "Bloody hell, over six million pounds? Really?! You're either filthy rich, or some sort of nutter! Either way, I don't think I've got enough gratitude in me to show, sOoOoOo~... lads?" he offered, allowing a simple chance for the members of his chat to assault MisakiNeesan with messages, emotes, and other such praises for their contribution. He'd even have their username highlighted in the livestream as top donator, which he didn't imagine would be changing any time in the next several decades. "MisakiNeesan, are you from Japan, or just a weeblet? No offense; it's hard to tell nowadays, innit? If you're local, here's hoping I can see you at con!" he added, a two-fingered salute and a wink being offered to the camera as he did so.

Ah yes, the watchers of God-King's live stream were soon given a look at the man's outfit. Any who saw how he chose to dress himself, might wonder why he was so infatuated with the Fashionista known as Blue Lotus, but his followers already knew he was just smitten. Actually, that was becoming more obvious by the second given that he'd forgotten to show off his outfit until this moment. He was like a kid on the first day of school. It was an adorable thing to behold from at least one viewers perspective. Ah, but that wasn't really the point, MisakiNeesan had been noticed, her donation pinned her at the top of the donators and beyond that, it seemed she received a shoutout. 'I am Japanese, but you're one to talk about weeblets. Your Japanese pronunciation is perfect.' A reply from a young woman on the other side of the world in a text box that was now highlighted because she was a donor. 'I also don't really need the gratitude or anything.' she was shy about accepting praise for things, but that was just who she was. 'I enjoy your content and the way you do business. I am also fond of kids so the charity speaks to me, that's all.' Yes, quick replies as the man approached his meeting of choice. 'Unfortunately, I can't currently take a break for a trip to London, I'm studying for exams. I'm rooting for you though, God-KingXBlue Lotus~' And that would be all from that one. And no, in the moment, she didn't realize how very typically Japanese she would sound by claiming studying for exams was the reason for her lack of travel, even so it was very true. She'd go back to silence and watching his stream with amusement in crimson colored eyes. She hadn't been dishonest at all, she really enjoyed this man's character. Besides that, he was obsessed with Blue Lotus, and acted as if he was her number one fan, she wished him great happiness and luck in his endeavors.

At the same time, Blue Lotus had an update go out on Twitter. The first of which listed 10 names for her winners of her mystery giveaway. The second though had an @God-King. Since you were a great sport about it. I got you sorted too. It's only right since you shout me out and comment on all my videos. See you soon~. The tag was attached to a picture of her in the car holding a pair of the Limited Edition Blue Lotus Ears. Of course these were her own extra pair, but according to her publicist it would go over well, and she'd be sent a new set as well. In the picture she'd thrown up the peace sign as well, adding to its overall cuteness. Today was going to be an interesting day for everyone involved. She'd eventually find herself at the convention venue having already had her things checked into a nearby hotel. She'd be sitting around this place for a couple of days, even so, she planned to enjoy her time here.