Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: London

Here Ozzy was, giving a strange amount of consideration to the idea of moon travel and other such unrealistic things. This was such a queer conversation to have, and yet, no words shared felt out of place or without contribution to the overall enjoyment of banter. "Wouldn't mind it, eh? I'll book a trip as soon as I can; promise. One space trip by moon dragon, or as close as I can get anyway." Oh, the jokes. Of course, Ozzy really would have arranged such a thing if it were possible. If only that were the case, huh? Oh well; one could always dream.

Nikki agreed about the sort of day this felt like. Honestly, Ozzy could go for such a thing. Being in Nikki's company would only make that sort of day even more relaxing, and two minds could even easily come up with something to do if that somehow became boring. "I've got a brilliant idea!" Ozzy announced. Once the microwave beeped again, he took out both cups of tea and brought them to the coffee table in front of Nikki. Before he bothered fetching his own heated food, he walked all the way to the bedroom to retrieve a blanket to bring back. Grabbing his food on the way back into the sitting room, he made known his intentions. "Not quite pizza booze tele, but how's brekkie blankie tele instead?" he questioned. "If we already burned through most of the morning, might as well commit to laying up for the whole day, yeah?"

Ah, she'd jokingly replied that she wouldn't mind a trip in space on a moon dragon. Apparently, it was Ozzy's claim that he'd set that up, or whatever he could get that was close enough to it. What a fantasy driven thing to say, still she didn't mind it at all. It was nice to be able to joke about things like that, nice to have banter just roll with no real expectations. And best yet, it was absolutely lovely to have anyone care to go so far on her account. Not that she needed it, she simply enjoyed it as an idea now that it was presented. "I really am going to end up spoiled, waiting on a date that features dragons and space. Still... I can't really say I'd mind any date you set up~" Nikki mentioned. For her part in the dating world, finding someone who just wanted to do normal or fun things was kind of hard. She was enjoying the nice bit of normalcy that Ozzy was bringing to her life. Gentle offers for dinner, video games, just sitting around all day... these were the kinds of things she was after. And there was nothing wrong with dreaming of fanciful things like space flights because she could find the fun in that too, if he was along.

Ah, but what was this, the lad came back with tea for both of them, but not his plate. Instead he wandered off for a moment and came back with his plate and a blanket. He did claim he had a brilliant idea and she was curious about what it pertained to... Oh. That was it. Instead of pizza, booze, tele. It was to be, brekkie, blankie, tele? "Bloody brilliant! I was committed to laying up the whole day to start with... but a blankie to go with brekkie is great," How many just wanted to cuddle, eat and watch tv? Not many in Nikki's experience. In fact, the Netflix and chill era was upon them, where no one did anything without expecting to end up fornicating all over the place. And though admittedly between the pair of them it could likely end up that way, she still enjoyed the idea of just cuddling up eating and watching tv for however long it lasted.

"Well, I'm afraid to say you'll be waiting quite a while. Technology catching up and all, I might have to raincheck for a few centuries," said Ozzy. Oh, if only it were possible to acquire a space dragon or something of the sort. Maybe he could find something almost as incredible over time. Whether he could or not, he'd start with a comfortable breakfast over some nice morning television.

Nikki clearly agreed that breakfast and a blanket was a brilliant idea. Frankly, Ozzy was oddly satisfied to have come up with such a thing. Close quarters on a couch, a comfortable room, any sort of random thing to watch, and some microwaved breakfast. Everything simply screamed 'lazy day' at varying volumes, and Ozzy couldn't have thought better of it. So, as he settled atop the couch in only a pair of shorts, he draped the blanket over Nikki's legs and his own, taking up his breakfast and the tv remote─ the latter of which he would hand off to Nikki. "Cheers then! I'm not picky about what's on, so have at whatever you like. I'm gonna have at this black pudding they slipped in," he announced, popping open his Styrofoam tray and deeply inhaling the scent of his breakfast. "What sort of shows do you watch anyway? Well, besides Doctor Who and rubbish American movies~"

"I'm pretty patient mate... don't rush centuries on my account~" Nikki was oddly agreeable. Right at the moment she was content just to spend time with Ozzy and find out about him in a more detailed manner. In the same way that he'd developed an obsession with her that he was only properly quenching now. She was in the earliest stages of her own thirst and full of curiosities and desires for closeness. Many blokes weren't as content to sit at home, nor were the content with the kinds of things she found fun. Ozzy on the other hand had enough in common with her that she felt utterly relaxed in his presence.

Speaking of relaxation, she only became more comfortable with the addition of a blanket. She tucked her legs beneath herself as she was handed the remote for the tv and told he didn't mind whatever she wanted to watch. "Ooh? Black Pudding... I never get that..." she said seemingly happy with the knowledge of the addition. "Also you might be mad, handing over the remote to a lass in the middle of the morning..." she said. Her own choice of tv wasn't so much of a problem but many women she knew watched terrible tv. "I like science fiction and fantasy shows, oh the American adult cartoons, anime when I can find it... but at this hour there is only one real thing worth watching... even just as background noise," she mentioned finding the channel she was looking for, which was coincidentally on commercial stating that block of 3 hours of Law & Order were up next. "Crime shows... this one's brilliant." she said settling into watch the tv show and dig into her breakfast. She went for sausages first while breaking out a spoon for beans.

"Why would I go and do that? There's a lot to come between now and then. Seven Park Place, the altar, you, me, you again, a bunch of games... You know, the usual," Ozzy declared, throwing in a bit of cheekiness as if there was nothing to it. As Nikki found her comfort, he did something similar. Ozzy was sitting to the lass' left, so it was his left leg which tucked under his right for the sake of creating a makeshift table structure under the blanket. He remained rather close, keeping just enough distance to avoid any arms knocking against each other during the eating process.

Ozzy was ready to begin eating, but first came whatever Nikki decided to put on tv. What she chose after a warning about handing women remotes mid-morning, was... crime shows. Specifically, she was starting a 3-hour block of Law & Order. "Law & Order, huh? That the UK one?" he asked, having a bit of his own strange habits to reveal thereafter. "I've only ever really watched the American one. I've got a thing for Ice-T being a bloody moron for entire episodes of SVU. Guy doesn't even know his own job half the time, and I think that's brilliant to watch."

According to Ozzy there was a lot to come between now and their future space ride on a moon dragon. His cheeky words made her look up from her meal with a side eye but she couldn't even pretend to be mad as her face cracked into a smile. "You're full of it, mate!" she cracked only to nod her agreement soon after. "Still, that list is pretty good. So, I'll be having that..." she said with her own level of cheek. Yes... again, marriage had just come up and no one had anything negative to say about it. In truth, Nikki wouldn't mind all manner of legally tying this man to her person. Or maybe even physical... he seemed like the type to attract undo attention. Probably needed to get a pair of kiddie cuffs with the little extending leash so she could make sure women knew who he was attached to...

After her warning about the nature of women and tv she'd chosen Law and Order as her show of choice. Strangely, she was asked if this was the UK one, she chuckled. "I do watch that one too, but... that's considered prime time tv here. Only in America will they air crime shows before noon like it's perfectly reasonable," she said. She'd gotten quite familiar with this while she was in design school and spent large chunks of her mornings with the sounds of American actors fighting crime in the background. According to Ozzy he watched the American version of SVU and found it hilarious that a certain character didn't know how to do his job most of the time. "Shut up! That's brilliant." she mentioned of that particular cliché, though she'd not watched that show herself. "I heard that one had a lot of seasons. It's on my watch list after I manage to catch up on everything else," the watch list was super long. It always was. She continued on her breakfast actively eating a bit here and there. Stealing glances at the tv, mostly after stealing a couple of side ways ones at Ozzy.

"I am not! That really is the list~" he continued, still yammering on as if he hadn't said a strange or misplaced thing yet. Regardless, Nikki once again confirmed the goodness of his offered plan. She'd have all of that, would she? Excellent! He'd bring it all to the table with a bit to spare, and he'd keep doing it to the end of time. Maybe he'd even manage such a thing while being restrained, and in some form physically and legally attached to Nikki, if her own internal musings held any weight.

That American version of the show they discussed was far too hilarious due to a single, specific character portrayal within it. Ozzy could have watched an entire marathon of just that character, saying the random things he did, for a full weekend. Instead though, he could happily watch any random thing Nikki wished to put on... when he wasn't preoccupied watching the lass herself, that is. Actually, a combination of both was about where he wished to settle. Yes, that would do nicely. "Oh it's chock full of seasons, but it's all good stuff. Couple trigger warnings to be thrown around obviously, but I'm guessing you're past all that already if you're watching."

Not full of it? All of it was on the list? Ozzy was hilarious... of course, Nikki enjoyed this about him in general. He seemed to be so very at ease, and genuine in his feelings she could hardly disagree with him even just playfully. "Hefty list, mate." she commented absently. She was already eating and their show had been decided. And while Nikki ate, and glanced at the lad and the tv, they continued to have a random conversation between bites. Right now, apparently the other version of American Law & Order. Here they were, sitting side by side, like two kids on Saturday morning eating breakfast and watching shows. The pair of them were having a great time already, imagine how normal this was going to be. They were going to have a great time and it all started with moments like this... "Trigger warnings for shows are unnecessary for me. I watch terrible tv, movies and all kinds of stuff. Oh and documentaries as long as they're narrated by someone I like," explained Nikki. She had a pretty high tolerance for gore and the like as well. So everything that happened in the crime shows was fair game. She'd definitely move the other show up her list if it was something she could watch in Ozzy's presence. "Also, this breakfast is bloody brilliant," she managed still having a pretty good time.

Hefty list, was it? That wasn't even half of what Ozzy intended. "It's way bigger than just that," he said prior to a bite of black pudding with a side of mushroom. Relaxation was something he found with great ease in this room. Strangely enough, he could give none of the credit to the hotel and its admittedly magnificent suites. No, such accommodations could only go so far in terms of luxury. True relaxation came from a point of peace, which Ozzy only found now that the 'running' segment of his chase after Nikki was over. All he had to do now, was finish sinking his teeth into the catch just as he bit into blood sausage, and sustain himself henceforth. What a marvelous experience it was, seasoned by the laziness of a random morning watching tele with a blanket in the sitting room, as well as the most casual and normally meaningless conversation. This was, perhaps, what one would call the spice of life. "Oh Attenborough, definitely," was a statement offered between bites, as Ozzy latched onto the specific mention of selectively watching documentaries. "Nobody should be turning their nose up to a documentary with him narrating. Best background voice ever, his."

Both of these people were already relaxed and enjoying a nice meal and a chat. Though she'd already mentioned how hefty his list was, Ozzy claimed that it was bigger than that... "Bigger than that? Blimey, a girl isn't gonna know what to do with herself," she mused between bites. She was having a strange time right now. She wasn't sure she'd ever felt more comfortable in a man's presence and that was a bit surprisingly considering it wasn't as if she didn't have a live-in boyfriend for a while before now. Was this peace? This seemed like peace. Ah, but they were still talking even as she nibbled on eggs and worked towards finishing her second warm plate of food this week. "Yeah, he's probably my favorite. I watched an entire documentary last week on dolphins because he was narrating. It was really random but bloody hell it was probably the most compelling thing I'd watched in weeks," she mentioned of her most recent watching habits. All the while her eyes moved around a great deal she couldn't much help it, sneaking a glance or two of Ozzy was par for the course.

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast