Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galuna Island

Galuna Island

Galuna Island (ガルナ島 Garuna Tō), also known as "The Demon Isle", and formerly known as "Moon Island", is an island that serves as the home to a tribe of friendly Demons. Galuna Island is located far east of Hargeon Town. It is far into the sea, with no other land visible around it. It is shaped like a crescent moon with small islands extending the area, covered by a large number of trees, green plants, vines and steep rocks which make it harder to hike. A small village lies within the island with a very tall gate. The gate has a sign stating,"Keep Out". Above, sharp spikes line the gate. On both sides, there are two large posts, and on the top are two large spikes connected to those posts. A wall encircles the entire village to further protect it from outsiders. Located within the walls are many huts with guard towers watching the whole village with torches lighting the area. An ancient temple also lies on the island. It has succumb to age with most of its walls being cracked and plant life growing atop it. The ancient floors can barely support any weight. Below the temple is a series of caves and tunnels,

Approaching the supposedly 'cursed' island called Galuna, there was a small boat with a total of four passengers aside from the rower himself. Two of said passengers were male, including a boy in his early teens with blonde hair and a candy stick in his mouth. The other male passenger on this trip was a young man with teal hair, who seemed to have fallen out in the boat. This one was queasy to the point of incompetence, but the other lad couldn't comprehend why. "Neh... is Axel still drunk?"

The other two occupants of this boat were, a young woman with raven hair and blue eyes who was looking towards the rather queasy male with much sympathy; and a cat creature who was sitting on the edge of the boat looking out into the water her eyes trained on the fish moving about beneath. This cat would lower its star shaped tail into the water as she addressed the young blonde boy. "He's motion sick. He always is when he is dealing with forms of transportation not his two feet." she commented.

"Sou ka, I see why you stay on the mainland usually and why you are always gone so long." commented Iris who had no problem with their current mode of transportation and seemed to be enjoying her trip. Though she still had no idea what she was actually going to do, she didn't know how to fix curses.

"Uuuuuugh~" the fallen Dragon Slayer groaned as his eyes swirled and his throat quivered. The younger male in the boat had an understanding of what was wrong with the man now, and thus, he moved to the teal-haired man's side. "Ah, motion sickness. You should have said something earlier," he said while conjuring a sphere of energy between his hands. "Troia~" Hana pressed this sphere against Axel's torso, and as it sank into the man, his apparent motion sickness lifted immediately. Axel sprung up with wide eyes. This was the first time he'd ever been able to use any form of transportation without nearly keeling over, and he couldn't have been more excited about it. "Alright! I feel better than ever!"

"What useful magic. Good for you." mentioned Takara as she finally got a bite and thus lifted her tail out of the water with a fish attached. "Don't rock the boat Axel~ Though its good to see you not almost dead." mentioned the cat. Soon enough she'd be seen nibbling on the center of the fish with a grin on her cat face. Meanwhile Iris watched the healing of their S-class companion take place she also was very excited for their young friend who, in her eyes had more than earned his keep simply by righting their leader. "Hana~ That's so cool." she mentioned. Watching as the teal haired man seemed to be enjoying transportation for the first time. Now that Axel was together, she wanted to know the details of their mission according to the request. "So Axel, now that you are feeling better... what's wrong with this island exactly?"

"There we go. I used a spell to offset your equilibrium from what it was. It won't last forever, but it should last long enough for us to get to the island," Hana said to the Dragon Slayer he'd righted. Axel took a moment to rotate his shoulders and recover from the stiffness of being on the floor of the boat for so long. "Dude, you could do nothing else for the rest of this job, and I wouldn't be mad at you after this. Transportation is pretty cool. I'd still rather use Takara, but this'll work." With that said, Axel supposed it was for the best that he at least give the details of this job to the others. And, since Iris had already asked, it would be rude to avoid answering. "We're here to lift a Curse off this island. This place used to be called Moon Island, but rumors say something about a sealed Dragon having an effect on the moon, which in-turn is having an effect on the island. This is just shy of an SS job, so be on your guard, both of you," he said to both Iris and Hana.

Hana explained what he'd done, and this was rather odd to Iris. She wasn't actually sure of what the youngest member of their group actually did for magic, but at the very least he was exceedingly useful so she had nothing bad to say about him. She also agreed that the amount of work done by fixing up Axel was more than enough to cover his fair share of the work involved with this job, after all their strongest person being completely useless wouldn't be good for any of them. Beyond this Axel mentioned that he now, didn't dislike transportation but apparently still preferred using Takara. The cat woman who was still eating in cat form simply nodded. "Hai~" she said between bites. But Iris was more confused than anyone else by this statement. "So, Takara carries you and that is fine, but if anything else moves you it's not. How does she not count as a form of transportation?" Iris quipped.

Meanwhile the explanation of their mission would take place and Iris heard it out. Still it seemed a bit odd but the Moon Island sounded somewhat familiar for some reason. "Moon Island..." she seemed to be confused by that statement. But the more the young man spoke the more she abandoned that original thought and moved right along. "Did you say a dragon?!" she said nearly falling out of the boat from shock. She didn't know why, but she really didn't want to be on that island in particular if there was a dragon there. Takara looked at the girl from across the boat and continued eating looking up with that serious expression.

"Why are you afraid Iris?" she asked of the girl who opened her mouth then closed it. She really didn't have an explanation for why she was afraid, she just was, though she still wanted to go to the island. But in truth this conflict of ideas was just as bad to Iris as the potential danger.

"Well that's rude," Axel said when Iris virtually insisted that Takara counted as a method of transportation. "How can friends count as transportation? I was wrong about you. You're a mean person." With that said, Axel positioned himself at the edge of the boat, where he propped his foot up and looked across the sea to the island ahead of the group. When there was mention of a Dragon, Hana's eyes widened, and Iris seemed taken aback. "I wonder if it could be Grandeeny..." the young boy said. "Yes, a Dragon. I don't know which one, but it's not one we know. This one was a threat, and was sealed away decades ago."

"It wasn't rude... it's logical. And I didn't intend to be mean... sumimasen." Iris said seeming sheepish. Iris didn't think of herself as being mean, she'd simply wanted clarification. Oddly enough when she went to open her mouth again, the cat known as Takara was direct in front of her paw extended to cover her mouth and muffle the sound coming from it. "Don't question it further. It works. Simplicity is sometimes best. Plus you still haven't explained what you're afraid of." said the cat before Iris simply nodded her head and ceased speaking once more.

After this was done, the cat removed the paw from the mouth of the young raven haired girl and turned her attention to the boy known as Hana who was apparently also still looking for his dragon. That straight line expression remained as she thought to herself. 'Hmph, I guess it is true that Axel here isn't the only one looking for the dragon that raised him.' with this thought finished she began absently licking her paw. As it was further explained that the dragon here, was one they wouldn't want to meet Iris' eyes widened a bit. "That, that is what I am afraid of, a non-friendly dragon."

"Like I said... it's sealed. This is still just an S-class job. We're not here to fight a Dragon; we're here to undo whatever curse is coming from the place it can be found." This was all Axel had to say as the group approached the island. While hopping off the boat, Axel tossed a large sum of Jewels over his shoulder at the boatman. He continued walking thereafter, looking back toward Iris while the young male Hana followed suit. "Alright Iris. You're in charge starting now."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast