Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Galuna Island

With the entrance of Axel and Hana something strange and rather destructive took place. Axel's lightning fist had the effect of making the lesser masked men scattered. Meanwhile, Takara found herself dashing to the left of the coming attack from the Sky Dragon Slayer, mostly out of instinct. Even so there was nothing that Iris could do to move out of the way of this attack, she simply was hit by a healing tornado. A layer of confusion lifted from the girl in the following few seconds, but she wouldn't be allowed to say anything about that.

The two masked bad guys who were obviously in charge here, had yet to move, despite the fact that Axel had all but foiled their plans. One of them seemed rather distraught. "They are going to ruin everything." he said, obviously younger and a tiny bit whiny. But the older more calm voice had something to say. "There is nothing to worry about... our work here is as good as done." said the masked man. "Besides... the great black dragon will surely thank us for ridding this world of two dragon slayers, before he rises." this man mentioned.

"Ridding the world of two Dragon Slayers?" Axel asked rhetorically as he landed near the pair of enemies, finding the elder's claims quite amusing. "You two don't smell like much. I'll take you both on. C'mon." Axel exuded confidence as he spoke, and from what he'd gathered of the strength of the remaining individuals, these two were the strongest. There was another person in this group who had remained off to the side, but the others would easily be able to deal with this one.

Hana landed next to Iris and Takara, wondering if his spell had done anything to the former. In the meantime, though, the boy stared down the other enemy of the group, who seemed to be encroaching upon them while Axel challenged the other two. "You two drew the short straw... Gomen."

"Brother this one is so confident and strong. Can I have him? Can I?" the younger of the two brothers asked of his elder brother. It was quite obvious that something strange was going on in this one's mind. As he didn't seem to understand how awkward his previous sentences were. Still the elder brother smiled behind his mask a mocking tone to his voice. "He chose wrong... separately he might have been capable of something... but... at least let me help you digest him first." the elder of the two said as he slammed his fist into the ground a pillar of acid being created by the impact which would appear directly beneath Axel in an attempt to melt him away.

While this happened Iris seemed to be gathering herself after being hit with an amazingly useful spell. Instead of saying anything directly to their new enemy she spoke instead to Hana. "Eh, I didn't know you were a Dragon Slayer Hana. That's so cool~" she said a huge grin on her face. On the other hand Takara made the decision to only interfere if things got really dangerous for either set of people. After speaking though there was an interesting change in Iris' demeanor. "So... Hana can you fight or do you want me to do this?" she asked of the young boy. She wouldn't put him on the spot or anything, but she was quite certain she could handle this on her own. She believed this to be true now even more so than before.

"How cute. You guys are actually a team, huh?" the Dragon Slayer asked. When it seemed the fight was about to begin, Axel brought his hands together and conjured lightning between them. A wide grin was upon his face as he did this, but his eyes never left the two men in front of him. That is, until one of them began a spell, which took place where he stood in the form of acid. Axel's reflexes were great enough to carry him away from the target location the moment he realized something was beneath him, and when he moved, he saw the pillar rise. "Acid? Hmph," he commented while raising the lightning he'd been creating above his head. When his arms moved forward, all the lightning was shot forth while taking the form of a large trident bent on expanding until it engulfed both of Axel's opponents in a massive surge of electricity, immediately after making impact with the ground between them.

Meanwhile, Hana was left wondering still. However, there was an opponent ahead of them, and even though he seemed quite a bit weaker than the others, there was still an air of danger around him. "I might be a Dragon Slayer, but I don't know how much use I could be in a fight. I can use my Magic to help you, though..." he said as the man ahead of them stopped moving and discarded the over-sized cloak he wore. His mask, once revealed, was likened to a bird's visage, covering only his eyes and nose, leaving his mouth and dark-brown hair open. "I should have taken the strong one. You two will take longer. But... come."

"Of course we are a team." the younger of the pair said. But he was still merely waiting for his opportunity to strike. The elder of the pair seemed to be much more calm than this one and didn't have any worries. "Now, now... you'll give away too much." he mentioned as he watched Axel deal with his initial attack with curious eyes. Still both of Axel's opponents had enough speed that they could at least try and dodge the incoming lighting. And with a bit of effort both of them managed to escape the radius unscathed with the younger of the pair aiming to sneak up behind Axel his jaw extended at an impossible angle while the older of the two charged forward aiming to knock himself into Axel and thus push the young man into mouth of his waiting little brother.

Meanwhile Iris was left looking at both her opponent and Hana. Hearing the young man say he wasn't really fit for battle made her sigh. She supposed that she couldn't expect so much from him. And given the great amount of good he'd already done she couldn't really argue with him. Beyond that their opponent seemed deceptively strong and that was a bit troublesome for Iris. "Hai, it's fine... I am pretty sure I got this anyways. Even if he is super creepy for some reason." she said taking this moment to charge the man who'd already asked her to come. In so doing she aimed to punch this man in the center of his rather exposed being... but while she did this, her fist became encased in crystal harder than any created naturally as if she fully intended to simply break the man apart with the strength of her strike.

"Not that there's much to be said about either of you," was Axel's snide comment for the moment. Both fighters opposing him seemed to be at least reasonable enough in their abilities to avoid the damage of his lightning trident, but this didn't bother Axel at all. Even at this pace, they may as well have been moving in slow motion to him. In fact, the younger and older brothers next attempted to take their places at his rear and front respectively. Axel had plenty of time to look behind him, having seen the younger of the two move there, only to then notice that his mouth was very... very open. 'Well that's unbecoming,' he thought as his gaze returned to the approaching elder brother. In a flash, Axel moved behind the latter male, both avoiding his efforts of knocking the Dragon Slayer into the other man's mouth, and putting himself in prime position to kick at the man's back with the intention of forcing him into his brother's mouth instead.

"Hai!" Hana said with much enthusiasm as he awaited the beginning of this fight. As Iris made her first move, the male figure she was up against dashed forward as well. Her crystal fist went forward, and he swayed to the side and spun around to her rear. From this vantage point, he aimed to simply touch her on the back. If he did, though, Iris would be at the mercy of his Magic indefinitely, until his defeat.

A rather shocking turn of events was about to take place. With Axel having moved out of the way of the supposed sly manuever attempted by the brothers, the elder brother was hence kicked into the mouth of his younger brother. Surprisingly enough though, neither brother tried to stop this from happening. Both seemed committed and right after, the younger would be seen swallowing his elder brother whole through that impossibly large mouth of his. A grin would come to his face soon after as he began feeling the warm fullness associated with a satisfying meal. "Hmm, I actually managed to consume brother... how sad. Well... not really, huehuehuehue~" the younger brother said laughing at his own joke. Having used his absorption magic to consume his own sibling one might wonder why, but it would become obvious in a few seconds. "Multi-Angle Acid." the young man would say, exuding an immense amount of acid balls and created them from all angles aiming to pelt the Lighting Dragon Slayer.

Iris on the other hand, was now facing off against a strange man. She wasn't sure what to expect from him, but he seemed at least capable enough to move towards and past her while she charged him. As unusual as that was, he also simply aimed to get behind her. His form of attack wasn't a strike of any sort or anything which could be conceived of as particularly malevolent. He simply aimed to touch her, and Iris would feel the man's hand upon her back... but she was unsure of what would happen next, but she felt a surge of magic.

"... Gross," Axel said as he watched one brother literally eat the other. It seemed in the following moments that this was something the remaining male desired, but aside from the fact that he had just swallowed a person whole, Axel was unfazed. It appeared to be the case that the younger brother gained the other's Magic when this was done, as he went on to use the very same Acid Magic the other man had recently used. "Rairyuu no..." Axel began. When the globs of acid were coming his way, Axel utilized his Lightning Body technique and moved between the globs on his way toward the Absorption Mage. "Tekken!" The speed at which he moved in this lightning form gave Axel a great amount of momentum; so much that when he reached the man, he threw his fist forward with enough force to knock him off the temple, in addition to the blunt damage provided by the Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist.

In the other battle taking place here atop the temple, the third member of the group performing Moon Drip had recently succeeded in making physical contact with his opponent. With this done, his physical assault was done. "Rupture!" He clapped his hands, and initiated his Magic of preference... which would begin pressurizing the Magic within Iris at an increasingly fast rate. "What a pity. This would have been much more marvelous with the amount of Magic Power that other one has," he said. Throughout the process of this compression, Iris would find herself glowing green and being lifted from the ground. But, the finale would not come just yet. Several moments would be allowed to pass before her Magic Power literally exploded from the amount of pressurization applied, leaving Iris at the mercy of the effect. With the amount of energy she had, this was not incredibly likely to be fatal, but he did not expect her to be capable of much when this was over.

It would seem that this brother would have no more luck with the usage of his brother's magic than his brother had previously. Axel seemed to simply out speed the man's spells, allowing him the ability to be able to move through the supposed acid faster than it'd be able to touch him. Beyond this he aimed to hit the man which he rightly couldn't block given his lesser speed though he tried to block the hit would seen him careening off the edge of the building and in upsetting his stomach force him to spit out his elder brother whole. The elder of the two would be seen holding on to the side of the pyramid thereafter, only to flip himself back onto the edge several torrents of acid streaming up from the ground as he spit some directly towards the Lightning Dragon Slayer. "It's a shame... he just wanted to make you part of him. Now I'll have to make you disappear in his honor." he mentioned apparently sad that his brother had fallen from such a great height. He couldn't known that this man had landed on one of the wider platforms below and though unconscious and broken he was likely still living.

The surge of magic power that Iris felt had nothing to do with herself and everything to do with the magic coming from the man who touched her. "Well, crap." thought Iris as she felt her own magic power turning against her as time carried on. She gained a green glow then rather suddenly she exploded outward. The amount of power she had, made it so it didn't kill her, but the pain was incomprehensible. Beyond that she seemed very broken as she hit the ground again with a thud. "Ouch!~" she managed, though stunned she supposed it was better than the possibility of dying right just now. Takara looked from her present perch as if bemused. She was presently licking her paws clean and though she'd seen Iris get attacked and fall she'd yet to make any moves to help the younger pairing of their group. 'Yeah... we'll just see what Hana does before I decide to do something about this guy.' she thought absently giving herself time to decide if she'd do something.

Axel thought that he'd completed his task without a hitch. Never did he think, however, that the younger male would regurgitate his elder while falling. Axel was taken by surprise as acid emerged from the ground beneath him. At the same time, more acid was spewed directly from the mouth of his enemy, causing Axel to be engulfed from two sides. It wasn't until the acid receded that Axel could be seen again. His skin bore the scale pattern of the Dragon Force transformation, and the visible Magic Power surrounding his body was even further proof of his evolution. The dissolving attribute of the acid was combated by Dragon Force, albeit later than Axel would have liked. Traces of the acid's contact with his flesh and clothing were upon him, but his transformation had developed in time to save him. "That's some damn dirty Magic you've got there. Here I thought I'd be able to look like a badass and finish you off without breaking a sweat. But, I'll give you one more shot at me."

"Iris!" Hana shouted as Iris began to float, prior to her Magic Power exploding. He immediately responded by once again combining a healing spell with his Dragon's Roar, focusing it on Iris once more to repair any physical damage done to her. Following this, he prepared another spell. "O swift wind that dashes through the heavens..." he chanted, conjuring a magical aura around Iris to allow her the ability of levitation, while also increasing her maneuverability and general speed. "VERNIER! Joutai Ijou Kaifuku Mahou... Reeze!" Another spell followed the boost of movement on Iris. This one would place a green glow upon Iris, removing the effect of other spells which affected her body, such as the Rupture Magic of their present enemy. Afterwards, he would chain yet another spell. "Joutai Ijou Taisei Enchanto... Riireeze!" A permanent lime-colored glow would encase Iris after this final chant, but this one also branched out to Takara, as well as Hana himself. This was a development of the previous spell, but one that would prevent such Magic from working for its duration. When all three spells were done being cast, Hana fell to both knees and began panting. His Magic seemed to take quite a toll on him, but in this case, he felt it to be a necessary sacrifice that he use all three of these supportive spells in conjunction.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast