Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Ashikaga Mansion

Once again, Kimiko realized that she would never actually be able to have a normal conversation with Yugi without somehow failing to know something completely asinine. Oh well, he was so amused he shot a bit of Boba Tea out of his nose. That was worth a laugh right. She still blushed a bit, and he apologized claiming that there was no trick to the fried egg sandwich. It was actually exactly how it sounded. Ah, but something else, bread could come sliced. Her eyes narrowed in that moment and managed to look playfully haughty. "Yugi, I know bread can be sliced. I'm rich not stupid." she said with that same playful indignity that she managed to have whenever they had one of these teasing conversations.

Moving on, there was the experience of breakfast to be taken into account. As she gave her thoughts on bacon, she found out that it was simply always salty. Probably another reason it was off her list of usual eating objects. Still it was an admittedly tasty thing to ingest, she'd have to make sure it found itself onto her plate in a few more contexts. What else, she did like the eggs and she'd mentioned it. And that also came with a bit of pep from Yugi. He claimed to not know if she would enjoy the heat but he personally never went without it. "I don't mind a bit of spice. Actually, I like it in a lot of things... these eggs are pretty delicious~" she claimed as she moved on to pancakes. This with the syrup all over them seemed to be something very different than what she was used to consuming. As such, she watched for a few moments as Yugi started attacking his own food. She watched him gather his materials and take bites in a way she wouldn't have but she could understand how he went about it. "Sou ka..." she said. Still, with her knife and fork in hand she went about slicing up her portion of pancakes. She made a series of cuts through all three, which dragged along the butter and syrup making sure it touched all of it, and also left it in a four by four cut of bite sized squares for each forkful. She'd take one now and place it onto her tongue. Her eyes widened. It was buttery, sweet, the bread had like this really great texture and it was light and fluffy. It was mesmerizingly perfect. "Oishii!~" she squealed and was nearly crying again. Those red eyes of hers sparkling in a way that fell shy of her Cinnabon related adventures but still seemed way too lively for something a simple as pancakes. Her own previous experiences with pancakes were nothing like this. These were her favorite form of pancake now!

Rich, not stupid. Right. He'd never been one to question the Ashikaga heiress' intelligence, but he'd forever be one to question her experiences. "Pfft! You're definitely not stupid. I hate dumb people. But, you definitely suffer an amount of rich privilege that makes you ignorant to life's sweetest treats~" he teased. While he spoke, Yugi was already chewing the first bite of bacon taken by hand. He was also ready to cram a forkful of egg into his mouth before cutting through his pancake stack again.

Yugi's plate wasn't going to last for very long. The only thing saving it presently, was a blend of banter and observing Kimiko's first reaction to common foods. "Arigatou," he said after her comment about the eggs. If she didn't like those, he'd have been quite upset at himself. Eggs were one of the many things he made constantly for breakfast in the previous year and before. If he failed at that, he'd probably spiral into an endless pit of depression or something. More importantly, there was a need to see how Kimiko reacted to her first real pancake experience. Whatever she had for pancakes before, they were sure to be swept under the proverbial rug by the one true pancake form! A single utterance was all he received verbally. A single utterance was all he needed! And so, the pair was one step closer to the full enlightenment of Ashikaga Kimiko. "One of the best things ever, right?" Yugi asked excitedly. "There's so much you can do with it too! Some people mix chocolate chips in the batter, but you could also just dump any kind of fruit on top... or inside, depending on what it is. I thought about slicing a banana to top it with, but I figured I'd just leave it vanilla so you could figure out how you like it for yourself. Kinda like when I didn't spend M-rated skill points on that long list of flavors and stuff I had in the Celestial tree. . ."

Regular conversations between Kimiko and Yugi only had a couple of tones they could take. Playfully terse, flirtatious, or nerdy. This conversation was the first of those options. In this case, Yugi decided to continue teasing Kimiko, making the claim that her 'privilege' was keeping her from all the simple and sweet treats the world had to offer. She could agree to that, but that just made it better for her long term. "Actually, I see it as a bonus. I don't have any specific terrible tastes in normal food so I get to experience everything from scratch without anything clouding my experience!" she proclaimed. This breakfast was proof of that. If she'd eaten these things before, she could have had a way worse experience with it. Here and now it was fantastic, because Yugi was a good cook and the food wasn't something she regularly ate.

Moving on, Yugi accepted the compliment of his cooking and Kimiko looked on happily. He was quite cute when he was like this and she enjoyed these moments with him. But there was still the star of breakfast and after having her first bite of pancake, Yugi seemed exceedingly excited to see her reaction. He was satisfied enough by that one word to launch into a tangent about the tastiness of them and how things could be added to them at random to help them be better. "Oh? That sounds really cool. I like a lot of different stuff, I feel like I'd end up with something a bit crazy if left to my own devices..." she said about pancakes and their toppings. As for his decisions in game/the other world Kimiko had but a few choice words to offer. "You could have taken an option if you wanted. I am not too picky about it. Admittedly though, if it could taste like that icing from Cinnabon I'd probably OD more than I already do~" she mused cheekily. There was a soft spot in Kimiko's heart for sweets and an even bigger soft spot for the first dessert he'd introduced her to.

"Hmm." Yugi pondered the lass' words for a few moments. He supposed there was much to take from never having amazing or terrible experiences with these common foods before. The two of them had a certain trust of one another, and it had become clear by now that his recommendation was enough to make something a viable option. "I guess that makes sense. Though there's something about having a terrible experience, taking a shot in the dark, then having an amazing experience the second time. Nothing wrong with being thrown off your rhythm every now and then," he mused to no specific effect.

Kimiko wasn't picky about toppings and the like. Upon hearing this, Yugi shook his head. She didn't have to be picky; he wouldn't have made the choice anyway. "But now you know the baseline. You can upgrade as you like from there. If you want my personal recommendation, any type of berry is amazing. Strawberry is especially good, though I think that's better saved for a stuffed French toast," he rambled. With that, Kimiko thought up a marvelous idea. In fact, her desire was for something that already existed in select places. When he heard her mention of Cinnabon-flavored pancakes, Yugi stood and leaned over the table toward her. There was a wide, devious grin on his face when he spoke on the matter. "What if I told you... it's real? What if I told you Cinnabon became such a pandemic, it's been used for pancakes, biscuits, and even..."

There was a long, drawn-out pause. Many things had been infused with the legendary flavor of Cinnabon, but one particular thing he knew would be at, or near, the top of Ashikaga Kimiko's list. His dramatic pause went on far longer than necessary, as if he meant to have some random cloud of mystery float into the room before he spoke again. When he did speak, he did so in a voice that carried an ominous tone. Was the final thing so world-ending? Well, Yugi believed it had a very real chance of shattering the girl's sense of reality. "... Cinnabon... Coffee... Creamer!"

Ah... Yugi seemed to have lost himself in matters of confections. When Kimiko spoke of Cinnabon flavoring, they weren't talking about pancakes or anything of the sort. They were discussing... oh. Right, he'd previously mentioned potential flavors of his own ejaculate in the other world. "Oh shit, right... pancake brain. You were still talking about jizz, huh?"

Yugi was always full of interesting quips. Though Kimiko had stated her lack of variety in her diet meant she could enjoy a great number of things, Yugi seemed to think that there was some good to be had in trying something that was bad and having a better experience with it the second time. Nothing wrong with being thrown off one's rhythm, he claimed. "Rhythm, hm... I can think of a couple of ways that is bad. But... I also see the point. Pizza I had before and the pizza I had at your place are two wholly different experiences. The same with these pancakes~" she mused. She'd been happily consuming her food now that she was certain she liked it and had taken to enjoying those little stacks she'd created between bites of savory and spice and salt. This breakfast had to be one of the best things she'd ever tasted as an entire plate.

According to Yugi, fruit and berries were good with pancakes. Though strawberries were apparently especially good for stuffed french toast. "Stuffed?" there seemed to be something missing once again from Kimiko's understanding. She ate french toast from time to time, but how did it end up stuffed? What was the stuffing? Was it another thing that was more like dessert than breakfast? It seemed her great search for sweets would never actually end. And as their conversation shifted to things she would have liked to taste like the icing from Cinnabon, she watched Yugi dive full into food based topics. That hadn't been what they were talking about, but hearing his tangent about the whole thing made her eyes widen. And then came the pause and the break. Cinnabon Coffee Creamer... "Shut up!" she said way too excited, that was something she should have been told ages ago. This was news. Even she'd forgotten that she was originally only making reference to her milk diet, and her phone was out and she was adding things to her shopping cart before Yugi even managed to have his realization.

Right. That. "Yeah, I definitely was, but this is now about the coffee creamer I just ordered. Do feel free though... I still think it will likely be my favorite flavor of thing ever. There might have to be a new classification of thing: 'Cinnamon roll, or the innate best goods in all the world?' It's part of my head cannon now... nothing will stop me," she said seeming to be childishly deep in thought.

There were indeed many ways being thrown off one's established rhythm could be bad. Even so, when it had the potential to be a good thing, Yugi saw it as an overall positive. He'd been thrown off his rhythm no less than a hundred times since meeting Kimiko, always for the better in the end. "I didn't much care for the idea a while back. But, to be totally honest, you've been throwing me off my groove for months now. I shouldn't like that. Kinda do. Moving on."

Yugi didn't even have enough time to blink twice before Kimiko was scanning her phone, obviously hunting down Cinnabon-flavored coffee creamer. Of course, that only began after she questioned stuffed French toast─ which Yugi wasn't sure how to explain. "Yeah, it's like normal but... instead of toppings, it's all thrown inside─ usually with cream cheese and diabetes. There's nothing crazy to it, except the texture does a 180 and everything gets infused with everything else's flavor." That was about the best way Yugi could describe that particular breakfast item. Now, he'd go on dealing with a little mental mishap of his while biting into the penultimate triangle of pancake from his own plate. "Hmm. I think there's a way to make that work. It'd be costly, but there was one option that seems to work like a consumer's choice sort of thing. What you want is what you get, I guess. There was some other crazy stuff in there too. Tell you what: The next time I log in, you can spend all the points I've got for me. You're the one that'd be having to deal with it, after all. Sound fair?" he asked. As for Kimiko's apparent agenda involving Cinnabon flavor, he could hardly do anything but laugh. There were so many confections and dishes he was sure she'd never tried, and he hardly expected that one to make such a massive impact. "You mean nothing except the next thing you think is better than Cinnabon? I'm sure there's something out there you might find even better."

Yugi was always very honest with Kimiko. It was one of the points she found herself enjoying most about his personality. In the moment, he admitted that she'd been throwing off his groove since they met months back in the other world. He claimed that he shouldn't like that, but he did, at least a little and then was willing to move on from it without another word spoken. Kimiko looked at the lad as she ate and wondered what it was he liked about it. She wasn't purposefully trying to subvert his expectations. In most cases, she was acting as naturally as her Avatar would allow of her. In becoming comfortable around the lad she'd only grown more and more into a person who was the truest form of herself. "Hoh? Noted~" she mused seeming to lock that away for later.

She ate more of her food seemingly enjoying the entirety of the meal while she searched up this exclusive coffee creamer. They were discussing now the intricacies of stuffed French toast, and it sounded rather delicious. "We'll add it to the list of things I wish to try~" she mused wondering if she could have it stuffed with something like the cinnamon and icing from Cinnabon. Yes, that is immediately where her mind went. Ah and then there was the actual matter of discussion. The M-Rated options on their characters which would lead to things like what bodily fluids tasted like and other such things. It seemed that the Celestial option came with quite a few interesting things, including but not limited to, the ability to take one which would make one taste as the person wanted them to, that sounded great. And surprisingly enough, Yugi offered to allow her to make the choices for his M-Rated options. "Hm, you'll let me chose how your body functions? That's a bit crazy... " she said giving it fair consideration. "I'll accept. And allow you the same... yeah, that would make it fair~" she mused gently. Having reached the end of her plate Kimiko prepared to take her last bite and follow it up with her last bit of coffee. Ah, that was a rather satisfying breakfast.

Still Yugi seemed to think that there might be something in the world better for her than Cinnabon. Preposterous. "It is cinnamon, sugar, bread and icing that I am sure was crafted by only the highest kind of divine creature known to existence. I doubt the existence of something that could replace it as my favorite given my own personal leaning towards it. Cinnamon might be one of my favorite spices and flavors... adding the sugar and icing and bread in that complex melody is the best thing in all creation!" she exclaimed. That was a bit dramatic but no matter. Here and now... she was receiving a text message from a very specific person. The seamstress who was personally responsible for making clothes had settled in and seen her messages. "Ashikaga-chan, I am ready to take the measurements whenever you get around to coming down." was all it said.

True enough, it likely should have been against Yugi's nature to be 'thrown off his rhythm' as it were. He did, however, find it to be an appealing trait of Kimiko's, that she could manage as much where no others could. It actually surprised the lad that he even thought to admit that... but just as quickly as he did, he carried on. Stuffed French toast was something added to the growing list of foods Kimiko would eventually be trying. Yugi considered that there were at least a few hundred more things that could be thrown on immediately, though he couldn't come up with a single one while actively trying to. "That list is so much longer than what we have right now. I'd mention more right now, but... y'know that moment when you're trying to think of something, but you suddenly forget every single thing you've ever known?" he asked, half in rhetoric.

As for the matter of their M-rated skill adventures in another world, Yugi was entirely open to Kimiko making his selections. In agreeing to this, Kimiko presented terms of her own. Just as she would make his selections, he was to make hers. Yugi gave this a moment of thought, and in his own mind, he decided it was a stupid decision on her part. "I won't hear a thing from you if you end up regretting it. I'll tick the blueberrification box!" he threatened, though he had no intention of committing that atrocity.

At this point, Yugi was done with his own breakfast and casually sipping tea while waiting on the lass' final bite. In the immediate aftermath of that however, she argued the likelihood of Cinnabon remaining in her favorite slot. All of her points were valid, and it was a totally subjective matter... yet Yugi was always one to believe in the possibility of something greater, even without evidence. "That's fair. I'm not saying it's anything but one of the best things ever. Buuuut maybe there'll be something else. There's a place in Shinjuku that copied Air Gear's dango styles. Some of those might be─"

"Good enough to rob a cop car for?" This sudden interruption was one Gojo Satoru, who stood in the doorway of the kitchen. The white-haired male leaned against the doorframe with one hand in his pocket, the other twirling a set of keys around his forefinger. "I wonder where one picks up the gall and ability to break into a detective's car, take their own stuff out of it, and somehow lock all four doors without a key when leaving. . ."

As they discussed food and all of its various types. It seemed that there was now a very long list of things for Kimiko to try, that being said in the moment, Yugi could not mention a single one because of that strange function of brains. "I know exactly what you mean... it's like getting stuck on a loading screen. You'll have to throw the whole brain away~" she said about that thing that happened when trying to list things. She tended to put such thoughts to the side and forget about them for the duration of long periods of time.

Still they could continue on their strange conversations as they finished up breakfast. According to Yugi, Kimiko's offered term for letting him choose things could lead to some terrible outcomes. He mentioned a certain thing called blueberrification which made her eyes widen greatly. "Blueberrification is out there for sure. I'm not judging you..." she said with her most judgmental face on. As for her more real regrets and not ones made in jest she only had one thing to say. "As for real regrets... the only thing I would actually ask, is that you not do the young teen boy thing and make my boobs too big for my body. They are big enough now that I know I wouldn't want to be folded over by just tits in my life~" she mused. That was a strangely honest confession. As all girls had she spent much of her young teen years wishing for her breasts to grow in, but upon getting them and having them be fairly decently sized she realized that it would likely get stressful if they were huge, and what about her posture?

Having finished her breakfast officially, Yugi and Kimiko sat at the breakfast island and continued to talk. She spoke of the glory of Cinnabon as her favorite and Yugi advised keeping an eye open for things that could replace it. Apparently the Air Gear style dango spot might be able to do something for her which she would have replied to if not for a rather sudden, but not entirely unexpected interruption. At the end of breakfast she looked towards the doorway and found Gojo Satoru, standing one hand in his pocket the other spinning keys and he had some pretty pointed things to say. Kimiko couldn't help but smile at his assertion. "Gojo Satoru... Rob? Such a strong word. Stronger than my coffee~" Kimiko mused in a teasing manner. Of course, he would have something to say about her taking her things, back. And if she'd truly been the type to think past her initial motivations when it came to things that belonged to her, she might have left them in the car to avoid having to answer questions surrounding how she'd managed to get them back. Even so, she couldn't well let her things stay in a car overnight, nor could she within reason lie about how she'd managed such a thing. She decided in the moment to tell the truth, in the way she normally did in such situations. "Well, I thought all of us here were fully aware of the type of gall I possess," she stated in a way which left her sipping coffee. "As for ability, I have quite a few that would be considered strange, given what my life is like but.. Magic is the easiest answer to your question. That stuff was mine so I took it back, but I am not rude enough to take anything else, nor would I leave a man's car unlocked. I'm not unreasonable."

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627