Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashikaga Mansion

Apparently Kimiko's plans to not get anyone else involved in her comings and goings had been foiled by their rather worrisome staff. According to her father, he'd had to re-order a certain Hoshimi Kei to return to his vacation following the lad being upset that Kimiko had been allowed to slip through the watchful eyes of the rest of the staff. As problematic as that was for a rebellious teen, it wasn't technically the worse problem to have. "At least he's going to finish his vacation. I can't really have him setting a bad example for the rest of staff by never going off-duty properly," Kimiko said in a huff. It wasn't all a loss though. "It's fine... I have someone lined up to share his workload so he doesn't have to worry so much when he's unavailable," Kimiko mentioned in passing. After all, keeping her dad up to date on the business end of things was a pretty normal part of her day.

When addressing the matters of the Aeons and the lack of releases by them, Kimiko could tell her father was disappointed by the news. Of course, she could almost feel smug about it, because she had warned the man to stay out of her library for this reason. Getting into the Aeons' works was tantamount to starting an addiction if you weren't ready for it. And now look at him, suffering the wait just like the rest of them. Ah, but Yugi had relief to offer and spoke up in a manner most casual about the early works of the Aeons for fixes to their semi-constant droughts. When asked about this Kimiko managed to look sheepish. "I didn't mention it because... early Aeons works are a bit less," she was looking for a word to encompass the sheer chaos of their early plot lines and writing styles. And the magnitude of the unbridled smut. "Polished. And some of them are astoundingly different from their proper released works. Transylvania in this case was very different in its early incarnation. New Olympus on the other hand, had a bit more depth the first time, but in exchange for a less impactful execution of certain characters' personalities," she explained. "Those are also pretty easily accessible if you find yourself interested in them," she mentioned. Though she figured it was almost pointless to tell the man to stay out of her library at this point she wouldn't be pointing out that all of those volumes were on her top shelves as part of her first edition collection.

And beyond those points there was the discussion of Transylvania the movie. Tokiomi apparently was left to wonder about what that movie covered. "It was six hours so... it also covered some extras. And clarified some things that couldn't have been properly described by prose alone..." she stated thinking back on Dacian. Stranger still, was the fact that her father wasn't keen on letting Yugi out of dinner and that Yugi himself wasn't disagreeing at all either. Of course, it was pretty obvious when dealing with any of the Ashikagas that there weren't really options, still it was an interesting occurance nonetheless. But what was this... there was the claim being made by the lad that he didn't mind dinner but he assumed there would be some sort of dress code. That would be a problem wouldn't it? "As long as you want to go, the dress code isn't a problem. I'll take care of it~" Kimiko said seemingly happy about the entire thing regardless.

Apparently, Kimiko had another personal assistant lined-up for herself. Tokiomi had been wondering how long it would take, but in knowing the lass and her methods, he understood that an individual would have to possess quite a few qualities she ranked highly before even being considered for such a position. The fact that she spoke of this new person in addition to Hoshimi Kei, instead of as his replacement, meant only that Tokiomi himself chose properly before. "I'm intrigued. I look forward to meeting this new person of yours when they arrive," he said.

Why hadn't these other snippets of information from the Aeons been mentioned by Kimiko? They were less polished. Well, that was a given, wasn't it? The boy in her company just said they were early versions of the Aeons' material, so he expected rough drafts at best. That was no excuse to leave him uninformed after he'd been so clearly sucked into the plot! "You were going to leave me ignorant forever, and that's all the reason you have? Shame, Kimikun. Papa no kissu!" the man said while aiming a sharp glare at the lass. Why did this moment seem so serious? That was all Yugi could think, but there was an underlying air of... something else. What was it? Whatever it was, he was beginning to realize that his own family had likely been the abnormal one, and these filthy rich members of the Ashikaga family were probably just a normal group at the heart of it all.

Tokiomi was carefully shutting the book in his hand, when a maid stepped into the room. Of course, this was Kimiko's personal wing of the mansion. It was one of her maids as such, bringing a single glass of red wine into the man's hand from the East wing. "Iroiro arigato gozaimashita. Enjoy the rest of your night," he said to the woman as dismissal. With that, Tokiomi swirled the wine under his nose, taking a small sip thereafter. He seemed quite pleased with the glass right away. "Oishii." Ah, but this meeting couldn't be all business, boyfriends and wine-sipping. There was a slight inconsistency in Kimiko's tale. A midnight showing of Transylvania's second half would have ended at 3am, and it was just barely that time at the moment. They may have gone to see the film, but certainly not all of it could have been seen before they came here... holding hands and slipping in under cover of darkness during Tokiomi's vacation. "That movie's credit sequence must be abysmally long," the man commented, almost cheekily, while offering his daughter a sip from his own glass.

There was a dress code, judging by the context clues Yugi had to work with. He wouldn't have to concern himself with finding some sort of fancy suit though, as Kimiko claimed to have it covered. He would have spent some time making a plea to avoid that situation, but he had already given up on the idea of rejecting the clothes she intended to buy earlier. Since that didn't happen when expected, perhaps the purchase of a single suit could work as leverage to avoid a sudden shift to an expensive wardrobe. "Guess I can't really say no. I don't exactly have anything resembling formal attire, and I doubt the standard here is anything less," he said. "It isn't," Tokiomi confirmed immediately.

Kimiko's father was looking forward to her new hire, that much was always the case. She did have interesting habits when it came to picking her own employees. The job title she was technically filling was Chief Security Administrator. But what it encompassed was being Kimiko's on the go security which was basically a person with a license who could take her from place to place but also knew the details of her schedule and life well enough to plan for potential security threats. "Hai hai, it might be a bit. He doesn't technically know he's being hired yet,~" the lass mentioned in a devilish sort of way. Well, she had to have fun someway.

Apparently, Kimiko's given excuse wasn't one which would be allowed to pass. Her father had truly been taken in by the Aeons and their body of work at least in part. She was given what could be considered a tumultuous glare and shamed for not being the one to share the information herself. A scoff escaped the lass as she turned her head at a sharp angle. "It's not like I want Papa kissu," she said with a face that was obviously pouty in its disposition. It was... playful? Loving? Some crazy form of inside joke? A shared thing between a girl and her dad which obviously crossed space and time. It was a cute parent child interaction, and one very rarely witnessed by other people. Yugi was a rare person indeed.

One of Kimiko's maids entered gave her father a glass of wine and he closed her book and accepted it before dismissing the lass for the night. Kimiko couldn't help but chuckle just a tad, such was her father's way. And he seemed to enjoy the wine he'd sipped upon in this particular moment. Ah, but they weren't yet home free. They never would be. Kimiko did mention that her father almost always knew the sorts of things she was up to, and this time he mentioned it as if he was calling the lass on her inability to be at the movie for as long as it would have lasted. A smile crossed the girl's face as she accepted the glass from her father. "Spoilers." Kimiko mentioned before having her sip of wine. Her eyes would widen it was quite good. "Sugoi!~" she stated before handing it back. Still the lass had told no lies, she wouldn't be giving her dad full details on her afternoon but she also wouldn't lie. She'd gone to see the movie, though she'd not seen all of it, that hardly mattered.

"Hoho~" Tokiomi crowed on the girl's behalf. She'd come quite far to be so certain of a new hire, though he supposed such had always been the case. "One of those, eh? I'm even more excited," he said. Hoshimi Kei had been his own choice. Finding out that Kimiko had finally selected her own personal assistant of sorts, he could be nothing but thrilled to see another showing of Kimiko's business eye as he'd call it.

There was yet another thing Tokiomi was excited to see. This boy in Kimiko's company was interesting enough, and quite the enigma as far as Tokiomi was concerned. What made that daughter of his accept someone as her equal? Was he actually considered her equal? That would be quite a feat, in all reality. The personality he knew of his daughter was very difficult for most individuals to deal with, and did not lend very easily to a 50/50 split of any sort, so Tokiomi was keen to find out where this boy stood in their alleged relationship.

Thoughts of this type were not allowed for very long. It had been a rather long time since Tokiomi had a proper, casual chat with his daughter. One would think she wouldn't react to his denied 'papa kissu' so quickly, even though he doubted it was real. Of course, he was going to indirectly call her bluff. "Is that so? Well, since you don't want that... Papa. No. Hug." Firm was his most recent proclamation─ about as firm as Kimiko's stubbornness when being confronted about her lack of movie-watching. Regardless, Tokiomi thought that had to be one hell of an intermission midway through the film. Spoilers, she said; what a load of crap. Oh well. It didn't matter what she chose to do with her free time, so long as she wasn't physically or mentally endangered. Since she obviously wasn't either of those right now, he could move on without pestering her too much. "You like the wine? It's the newest batch. I've been working on a recipe using plums and oranges for a few batches now, and it's finally starting to turn into something. I swear, I'll make the greatest wine to ever exist with an orange one day; I just need to find the proper base."

Her father's laughter about her current choice made Kimiko quite happy. She knew the man would be interested in the kind of person she'd choose for herself, and that he also found amusing the way she went about stress-testing new hires. All was done with the utmost care so that the lass could be utterly comfortable in her choices. One couldn't be too careful with long term business investments. "Mm-hm, I'll be sure to keep you posted," the lass mentioned.

Ah, the matter of her boyfriend. Kimiko was quite certain that Tokiomi wouldn't be too sure about it initially. At the very least her father never actually dissuaded her of her choices. Instead he seemed more interested in how she came to such decisions. As long as Kimiko was happy and healthy her father never really seemed to care too much about what she did. They had a friendly parent-child relationship. In light of this, the rather casual response of not wanting Papa kissu, was shifted to one of Papa not giving hugs. That wasn't a tolerable change at all. "That isn't fair. I haven't seen you in forever you have to give me hugs..." the lass said seeming to be properly pouty now. She hadn't seen her father in quite a long time technically, he wouldn't be leaving this wing without a hug, of this she was certain.

Stranger still, was the fact that the man abandoned questioning her movie watching habits. This was to be expected since she didn't give extra details herself of why she'd skipped out. It wasn't like she was going to discuss such things with her father. Still she could fill in a few missing blanks. Regardless his mixture of wine he offered was quite good. He claimed he was going to make the greatest wine ever some day. "It really is good. You should make sure to send me a bottle. I think it would be nice with dessert," she said of the wine. As for the man's aspirations she could only encourage him, after all... one should actually follow their dreams. "Hai hai, Papa. I have faith you can, gambatte!" the lass said with a soft smile on her face.

"Arigatou gozaimasu," said the man who very much anticipated the meeting of this new employee. As for the more appropriate reaction to his neglect, Tokiomi had nothing real to say. He scoffed playfully, and that was all. He had half a mind to actually refrain from hugging the girl, since she chose to be so stubborn. Ah, but that probably wouldn't be something he actually did. It would be too difficult a thing for Tokiomi himself to resist. Yes, it had been quite some time since they'd seen one another, though not nearly as long as Kimiko seemed to feel it was. Whatever the case, he was still casually sipping wine and enjoying the time of company.

She wanted a bottle, did she? Well, he happened to have made arrangements for that already, just in case she enjoyed the flavor when tested. In fact, that had been one of the things he had to thank her maid for upon receiving the very glass he drank from now. "Harada-kun should have a case sent up to your door within the next few hours. If she has nothing else to do, I believe she's off handling that now," he mentioned. On this occasion of success, Tokiomi saw fit to send the lass multiple bottles for herself, her workers─ whatever she preferred doing with them. She could even give one or more bottles to the boy in her company, for all he cared. "I believe I'll make those reservations for six. That should be enough time for you both to prepare, no? I assume you don't intend to pull an all-nighter again while keeping company."

Thanks from her father because she'd keep him posted. That was pretty standard for Kimiko, still she couldn't help but be happy. Though for the man before her, they hadn't been apart that long, for Kimiko time had been much longer. She might as well enjoy being a spoiled only child while she could. Such would be obvious when she asked for a bottle of her own. But what was this? Her father had already taken care of such thing... having an entire case sent up to her room. "Ariagtou Papa!~" the girl said, strangely she was truly happy about the extra wine. She often used such things herself, or gave them away as presents when she was feeling generous. She'd definitely be keeping a few bottles for herself for quite some time, and maybe passing one along to a certain new hire when she saw him again. Yes, that all sounded pretty good.

Moving on from that, Tokiomi went on to make the claim that he'd be making their reservations for six in the evening. And made a comment about the lass not pulling an all nighter while having company. A grin crossed her face as she removed her phone from her pocket and set an alarm for four pm so she and Yugi had time to get ready before then. As for her general plans well... they were a bit askew. "Yui doesn't get in until 9, so we'd have to be up at least until at least then. I'll probably have a nap at some point, and I will try not to pull an allnighter twice in a row... No promises though, that game is calling my name~" the lass mentioned. They had a solid set of hours for playing and amusing themselves. "Anything else, Papa?" she asked of the man. She was happy to see her father, but she hadn't forgotten how much fun she was planning on having by actually having someone to play her games with who was also a reliable person and a source of great amusement for her. Thinking about it now made her giddy.

"Iia," Tokiomi said flatly, finding no need for the girl's gratitude. He was always going to send over a new wine if he was actually satisfied with it. Satisfaction rarely came though, sadly. Every batch had something missing, some critical thing that would truly elevate the wine's bouquet. This one was a higher quality than most attempts thus far, so he felt comfortable sharing it freely. Still, it wasn't quite where he wanted it to be. One day.

Yui, Kimiko's go-to seamstress, was not due until nine in the morning. Tokiomi expected that information to accompany an all-nighter from the lass, but her claim of taking a nap between was a refreshing surprise. Ah, but there were no promises. He doubted she brought some boy along, claiming a relationship with him, just to wind up taking a nap. Well... not for any conventional reasons, anyway. "That good a game, is it?" he wondered. It was always interesting how immersed she got in those things. Tokiomi himself had some desire to try a few video games out, if only for another potential bonding experience... but he'd yet to truly discover the appeal. Maybe one game, one day, would properly catch his eye. Nevertheless, she seemed excited enough that he couldn't bear holding her up any longer. Youth was so precious, and to be in the business world at such a tender age, Tokiomi believed all moments of fun were absolute necessity. As such, his free hand was used to shoo the pair away. "Nothing else. I just wanted to make sure you were alright, and do it with my own eyes. You two have fun; I'll be meeting you both in the main hall this evening at five."

Her father shook off her thanks. He generally did though. Wine as a present was pretty rare from him, but it was his personal passion and something he worked on frequently. She found herself being strangely alright with accepting it as a gift from him due to the fact that it was something that brought him a great deal of personal joy. Added to the fact that gifts from her father rarely felt like bribes, and the lass was set up to be a pretty happy individual and all of her personal habits began to make more and more sense. Beyond this point though there was the game that brought her an extreme point of happiness and fun that she'd been quite missing. When asked about it, she would share what she thought of it, in the way she always did. Brutally honest, "It is without a doubt the best game of the last decade. A bit too immersive, but too much fun to not get lost in~" What an oddly pointed statement. Well, Kimiko was a troll and nothing about that would ever change from moment to moment. She'd tell the truth cryptically and find it humorous to have included it in such a way.

Having shared all necessary information, Kimiko waited wondering if her father had anything else to say for the day. She realized she probably had things pretty easy, her father wasn't a particularly harsh individual and she was spoiled. She got away with a lot of things, including being able to come and go as she pleased fairly often. Right here and now, the man claimed he'd only wanted to check on her and wished to do so himself. That was sweet. He also went on to shoo the pair off claiming they should have fun and giving them a meeting time for later. "Hai hai, Oyasuminasai~" Kimiko chimed letting go of Yugi's hand for just a moment mostly to steal that hug from her father she'd been talking about in previous moments. If she succeeded in that she'd wrap her arms around him for about five seconds before offering the man and smile and scurrying off. She'd grab Yugi's hand once more and lead him towards that elevator only to have it open almost instantly after a button was pushed so they could both step inside.

This game they were playing received an unusual amount of praise from Kimiko, all in a single sentence. She'd previously given video games high ratings, albeit in a more judgmental way than this. Moreover, he remembered quite the ringing endorsement from his wife as well... though that was a different tale entirely, and prior to the game's completed development. Hell, that was in the earliest stages, even. "That's quite the endorsement from you, Kimikun. I did hear it was going to be a marvel of modern advancement within its industry, hence my agreement to fund it whenever necessary. I'm glad you found something so enjoyable as a result," he stated in earnest.

It seemed no immediate departure would be allowed. Tokiomi didn't plan on moving right away, at least not until he finished his wine. Still, it was well within his daughter's demeanor to force a hug upon him, even though he'd rejected one previously. Ah well; he never meant it anyway. He was always going to accept his daughter's embrace, as he did the moment it was offered by hooking his free arm firmly around the lass. "Hai. Oyasuminasai. Papa kissu," he said whilst pecking the girl's forehead with his lips, shooing her and the boy off again thereafter. With that, Tokiomi remained sitting long enough to finish his wine, while Yugi... was apparently being dragged into an elevator leading up multiple floors. The young male entered, slightly baffled by the exchange he'd just witnessed. At long last, he had something of merit to say. "So that was... a normal family interaction, huh?"

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast