Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashikaga Mansion

Tokiomi seemed to understand what his daughter was getting at by her statements. She remembered seeing this game in early development and finding it to be fantastical in a way she hadn't ever thought of before. What was more, even her mother found the basis of this game interesting and took a great deal of interest in its development. So much so, that Tokiomi himself invested funding in it quite a bit, which she was well aware of. Strangely neither of her parents played video games to her knowledge, so she thought of it as more of a mental exercise in creating cash by spending it than anything else. Regardless, her father had nothing but pointedly kind words to offer instead of anything else, seeming to appreciate the amount of fun the teen had with the game. "Everything said about it is an understatement. But it's definitely fun for me... and people like me~" the girl said. She knew that others who enjoyed high fantasy and freedom previously unknown in such games.

Beyond that point Kimiko did succeed in 'stealing' a hug from her father. Well, it probably didn't count as stealing when she considered that he opened his arm for her and went on to place a kiss on her forehead. He also wished her a good night. There was something about that sort of thing that always made the lass happy and set her heart at ease. Kimiko never thought anything of her family life and her father's absolute craziness but whatever the case, she would soon find herself within the elevator with Yugi who finally had something to say. "Normal? Was that actually considered normal to other people? It's pretty normal for me... Papa is always like that," she said pensively. Of course she had no measure for her own life, but she assumed a certain amount of sarcasm though the lad's quietness didn't hint at that. After five floors of travel a gentle ding would be heard as the doors opened up to her private floor. She'd continue guiding the lad along by the hand. She was seemingly pleased with her day. And, there was gaming on the horizon all was good.

The strangest thing happened as two teens entered the elevator. Yugi turned about while inside, and once he did, there was a moment of unexpected eye contact between himself and Ashikaga Tokiomi. He couldn't make heads or tails of it, really. Those narrow eyes─ were they narrowed purposely in judgement, or curiosity? He had just over twelve hours to find out what it truly was, but that locking of gazes did not cease until the elevator doors blocked each person's path of sight to the other.

With that strange staring contest out of the way, Yugi heaved a sigh of slight relief. Dinner was going to be awkward; he could feel it. At least that wasn't something to be concerned about for over half a day. He could currently keep his mind on the upcoming gaming experience, which he already had a few ideas about. The journey to whatever gaming setup Kimiko had would not be very long, he imagined, but there was more to discuss in the meantime. Apparently, the exchange he'd just witnessed was at least normal for them. At all of seventeen years old, Yugi would realize he did live in the strangest situation within his own family. "Huh. Weird. I figured your family situation would have been just... a little more like what mine was. I guess that's expecting a bit too much, huh?" he mused. With the elevator opening again, Yugi let Kimiko take the lead, as it seemed she was going to anyway. It wasn't as if he knew where to go, and moreover... it didn't seem he would have had the option to follow of his own accord anyway─

Ah, the stare between the men in her life was no doubt in Kimiko's mind a matter of curiosity. She imagined that her kind of personality would breed a certain question in the minds of her family members. This would most directly be summed up as, how does this work? But that didn't matter for the most part. Kimiko knew herself to be particularly domineering in most cases, but to find someone who was equally so was a bit of a chore. Apparently, she'd managed it in her own mind at least, and she could do nothing but be content about it.

Moving on from that apparently, Yugi had expected Kimiko's family life to be more like his own. Hm, what did that mean exactly? Well, she remembered from childhood that the prime minister had been pretty secretive about his kids. Not at all doting from what she saw of him in the brief moments he'd appeared. "Probably expecting a bit too much, yeah. Papa is a bit different from how he appears outside. The same is true of Mama... though in a very different way..." she explained of family. Of course, her mother was outwardly just as ill-tempered in appearance as her daughter was. She also had exceedingly high standards which weren't necessarily understood by any, including Kimiko herself. But... she did feel like her mother didn't necessarily hate her, so that was good enough for the lass. As they walked out of the elevator, Kimiko led the boy down a large hallway. It was gently carpeted, with high walls and elaborate doors on either side. Many were skipped before she stopped before the door which was the target of their early morning adventure. Where would they stop? Right in front of a large slightly different colored door. It would open to reveal, an exceedingly large bedroom. Ah, they hadn't gone to Kimiko's game room, she'd gone to her bedroom. A large four post bed right in the middle with a mattress size of king that was larger than normal. She'd flick her hand over for the dimmer which controlled the room's lighting and turn it up a bit so they could see as they moved around. Near the door she began her work slipping out of her jacket and shoes. "This is my room, you can make yourself comfy..." she explained as she shut the door behind them. The floors were also warm to the touch and strangely in the middle of the bed was a large keyboard with a mousepad attached. Moreover there were no visible screens in this room either... There were also several doors attached to the room. One of which led directly to her ensuite bathroom. The other led to her closet, which was more or less several other rooms put together. There was also one connected directly to a small study on the other side of her bed. Not that any of that mattered for what they were here for. Beside her bed was also a small refridgerator filled with juice, bottled water, and snack type bento boxes for her general consumption. Strangely all the things found in there were also dated so she'd know of their freshness.

Indeed, he'd missed the mark by quite a bit when assuming their parents were anything alike. Had they been similar, he'd have been put off by Tokiomi in the first few seconds of their meeting. He was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. He wondered briefly if Kimiko's mother fit the presumption he had, but she quickly put that theory to rest as well. "Huh. I keep being surprised by things lately. Not sure if I like it or not," the lad chattered while stepping out of the elevator. What he saw immediately afterwards, was a hall about as long as his childhood dreams. Of course they would be taking quite the trip down said hall, clearing Yugi for any walks around the block he had planned this week. What use were all those extravagant doors, and high halls on the fifth floor of a building? Surely there were only a few people willing, or allowed, to be so high in a place like this.

While being led through the upper floor, Yugi soon discovered that their destination was not at all some gaming room as he expected. In fact, the room Kimiko entered first had the clear feature of a rather startling bed, though it maintained a light-dimming feature he would have expected in a theater setup. The lass went ahead with the removal of excess articles, urging Yugi to do the same. What level of comfort was to be considered 'comfortable' here? Shoes were off, naturally, but he was then left tugging at his top and looking around, almost as if lost in a mall somewhere. "Define comfortable. I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be called a room; it's the size of some people's houses," he said. Of course this one room was much larger than the place he called home; that was just a box. Still, he'd seen many houses much more modest than this single bedroom.

Apparently, Yugi had been left surprised more often than not in recent times. He claimed not to know how he felt about the situation. Kimiko gave it a bit of a passing thought, "Well, as long as it isn't negative, it is probably okay to like it~" she claimed. Such was the sort of advice she took on her own. Any situation that didn't upset her, fell within a category of things she liked. But she was also a lot less complicated than a lot of people would ever believe. But none of that mattered at present. Right now, Kimiko was just a bit excited, to be back in her room with a shared gaming experience on the horizon.

Inside of the large bedroom, the raven haired lass removed articles of clothing and got comfortable. Within seconds her phone was within her hand and a silent alarm was being silenced. She walked over to her bedside refrigerator and removed a bottle of water while setting her phone down on top of a lengthy wireless charger. What was she doing in the moment? Well, opening it and taking a sip of water along with a couple of pills right on top of the box. Once done she looked to the lad tugging on his shirt and looking around as if bewildered. "Eh? Well comfortable is in a state of relaxation. It's just us... no one is going to come up here while I am home anyway..." she said giving it a bit of thought. "And it's big, but that is a pretty recent change. Part of that remodel... I needed the room," she said with a smile. "Water? Juice... assorted snack box? Have whatever..." she offered what was hers to the lad with her without much extra thought. In her own space the lass gained a level of comfort that would remain always. She stripped away the layers of her clothing including her skirt and shirt finally crawling towards the center of her bed. She sat around most of the time in just underwear, that wouldn't really change here and now. There were so many questions and things to take care of. Would he prefer a controller or a mouse and keyboard? Which screen would he prefer? Would he want a face scan? Oh, the gaming situation could go a bit crazy. Still within the center of her bed along with her personal keyboard and mouse there was a remote which controlled a great number of regular things in the room.

Yugi wasn't so sure he could like something just because it wasn't a negative. If nothing else, he supposed it was always acceptable in his mind to remain indifferent, so long as doing so didn't create another negative situation of its own. "I think I'll just... shove the whole thought in a box, shove the box in another box, mail it to myself, and smash it with a hammer," he said. Still, Yugi's eyes were darting about the room as if he needed to find something grounding nearby. What use was all this space? What was the room like before the alleged remodel? The questions were quite real in the lad's mind, but he felt the answers were on a list of things that would only create more questions.

Kimiko's answer didn't do much for him. The fact that no one else would be arriving was something he'd already assumed, but that didn't exactly make the space itself more comfortable. Oh well; there was only so much comfort he could ever fathom in a situation like this. In the end, he chose to discard his top, tossing it to the floor without a second thought. He could move about in just a pair of capris and enjoy himself... so he thought. Maybe he'd be wrong, but it was worth a shot regardless. "When in Rome, I guess," Yugi commented. It took nothing for Kimiko to flaunt about her own room in lacey undergarments─ that seemed about normal enough. Actually, it seemed a bit more fitting to how he met her in the other world. "So the Miki thing came from... this? Y'know, I always thought to bring up the fact that Necromancer gear is one of the rare types that can be full-coverage for female Avatars. I just didn't know how to address it."

As for comfort, the lad chose to seat himself at the bed's edge, off to one side. The thought of Kimiko having entire assorted snack boxes in her personal fridge wasn't even a shock to him after everything else realized this day, but one thing did come as a surprise. "... Eh? I'm guessing energy drink isn't on the list. More importantly, why the bedroom? And where are the screens you mentioned? Is it the crazy type that rises from the floor or whatever?"

Ah, there was the claim he couldn't just like something because he didn't dislike it. Yugi in true 'him' fashion would go on to make a reference to a certain kid's movie which would cause the raven haired lass to giggle and without hesitation finish the reference. "It's brilliant!~" she proclaimed. What fun this lad was, she couldn't really explain why she found it to be so much fun but it was truly.

Beyond this point, she encouraged his comfort, and he'd soon be sitting at the edge of one side of her bed, in just his capri pants looking rather interesting to the lass. She cut her eyes in his direction, did she always like shirtless guys? Maybe. But right at the moment she was quite sure this was a look she appreciated, she shook her head to free herself of the thought before she allowed herself too much thinking time for goodness. Now however there was a question, did Miki come from this? The lass was strutting around her own room in just her undergarments as if it was normal. And in this case it was, "Probably. Yeah, Necromancers as a group usually have more clothes but I am in general more comfortable this way. Besides, she had on a full skirt and the like at first, and then... Akashi happened," she mused. "Also you could have just said, but the softness of Kou probably wouldn't have allowed for it... I like being comfortably close to naked," she explained of herself in general. Her complete change to high class lingerie came at the hands of the Dragon Emperor, not that she minded. In fact that upgrade to her clothing was one of her favorite things to have happened.

There was a bit more to address though, as Kimiko sat in the middle of her bed getting rather close to comfortable, she found now had the remote in her hand while she pulled her mouse and keyboard into her lap. Where were the screens, he wished to know, and why the bedroom. "Close but floor things would be impractical for me..." she said in answer to his assumption that the screens would pop up from the floor. "You might want to slide in a bit more..." she mentioned casually. The screens were instead a part of the upper part of her bed. In fact the whole thing was wired into everything she needed, and three screens would descend around them using the curtains of her bed as minor blockers for extra light. Each one could be turned on with a single button on her remote which she used to turn them all on. Each one was connected to a system which was underneath her bed tucked into drawers along their cardinal sides, which had within them extras of the things she could use, including controllers and keyboard and mouse set ups. "As for why the bedroom, because these machines are the ones authorized for Kaiba Tech so they are the ones I was using to play," she mentioned. "Besides, it's most comfortable in here..." she explained of her choice. "Energy drink? Like coffee? We'd have to go to the kitchen for that..." she said curiously, almost certain she was missing something. Though she was quite the late night gamer, she didn't often consume anything other than non-carbonated drinks. Beyond that, coffee if she needed energy but that wasn't something she thought about too often.

"Of course it is! I came up with it myself!" Yugi joked. Though physical comfort was a bit of a stretch, he could always take solace in... well, the memes they were constantly throwing at each other's faces. Moving on though, it seemed Kimiko believed her original gear as the Avatar Miki was far more modest than what Akashi had given her. While that was true in all technicality, Yugi had to disagree for a few choice reasons. "Well yeah, she had on a skirt... but that's pretty much the only difference. Well... there's the more open top now, but still─ legs on full display from what I remember," he argued. 'Comfortably close to naked' seemed about accurate for the girl's preference, considering her current attire... or lack thereof. If Yugi had anything to say about it, he'd claim partial nudity as far superior to full nudity. There was always something about things being left to imagination, at least to some extent.

Floor things would be impractical. Yes, of course they would be. These floors were obviously heated, and there likely would have been some complications with having screens rise from them as well. Instead, they were descending from above, alongside the curtains meant to surround Kimiko's bed. Ah yes, only the most minor showing of extravagance from the girl. Three descending large screens, curtains normally meant to veil functioning as theater backdrops, and a full setup of devices to utilize when gaming. While retracting his legs into the space of the mattress, Yugi scoffed. "Sure you don't need a few more in here?" he questioned. Following that, came the comparison of energy drinks to coffee. This was another of those moments, wasn't it? Yugi already believed Kimiko had never, not even once, partaken of an energy drink. "Well... yes, but no? I mean like Red Bull, Monster, even G-Fuel or something. Coffee really doesn't feel the same, and you have no idea what I'm even talking about, do you?"

"Very nice! You should be proud!~" she congratulated. Of course, between them the jokes would always be freely given. Even while the lad seemed to be a bit aghast at her rather lavish layout. Regardless he was apparently fine to move right along to her rather skimpy outfits as a Necromancer in the other world. He claimed that there wasn't too much of a difference to start with other than the lack of skirt and lowered top. Her legs and their off set stockings were always visible. "I mean, yeah. But it's not like I have a lot of legs or anything, them being on full display just kept me from looking too small..." she explained of her clothing choices. It was easy to make the hemlines of clothing change your physical appearance by a lot. It was how she managed to hide her rear after all so she had some idea of how they worked.

Moving right along, now within the confines of the screen the lad had a bit of commentary to share which she was quite sure was sarcastic in nature. Perhaps it was best she introduced him to this room first, as her actual game room probably would have made him hyperventilate. "I was thinking of adding one to the top so I could comfortably watch tv while laying on my back. But, I don't think I would be super comfortable sleeping with something suspended over my head like that..." she said casually. Was she joking though? Maybe, and then again, maybe not.

Ah, but now they were onto something different. Apparently, Yugi wanted to know about energy drinks and what the lass knew about them. Now she was thinking about it, the things he named didn't all seem completely unfamiliar but they did in a very specific way. "Eh? Well, I thought Red Bull was some kind of beer. I have no idea what Monster is... but I have at least heard of G-Fuel," she said softly. "I uh... didn't know it was an energy drink. I first heard about it in a stream and they said everyone knew what it was... and I didn't and I didn't want to ask.... and I was a bit preoccupied so I couldn't look it up and I didn't get around to it," she explained of herself, managing to look completely sheepish at the time. It was always strange to admit she randomly didn't know something.

Kimiko's perception of her own physique was very different from the one Yugi had. Maybe his degenerate mind was doing just the opposite of any favors on his end, but the notion that a display of her legs made her look less 'small' was strange to him. "Eh? How the hell is that supposed to work? You never looked any taller to me; I just see... legs. There isn't even a profile to it, they're just this eye-catching thing. Oh!" Suddenly, it seemed as if he had a legitimate thought regarding her point. He didn't, of course, but the idiotic thought in his mind would be shared regardless. "Is that the secret? You pull people in with the legs, and they think you're suddenly taller because they've lowered themselves to get a look? Yeah, that's definitely it! Puzzle solved!"

A bit of banter was actually doing a lot of heavy lifting for how comfortable the lad was in this space. When they were chatting so casually, he could almost forget where they were, no matter the venue. With that level of comfort in place, he began to think about Kimiko's alleged desire for an overhead monitor. That... wasn't as much a joke as it probably should have been. Even so, he could do nothing but snicker. "Dude, that's the laziest expression of privilege I've ever heard," he harped.

While the girl spoke about her lack of knowledge regarding energy drinks, Yugi perused his options for devices. In the end, he went with the most classic choice in his mind: the console controller. As much as he enjoyed mouse and keyboard, this selection felt a bit more natural while sitting anywhere but a desk. Somehow, her entire spiel seemed all too familiar. It was something like an exchange they had earlier in their outing this night, which mentally brought Yugi back to previous events. "Just like the fountain drink you obviously didn't understand, right?" he teased. "Red Bull was a beer company or something, yeah. They became more famous for energy drinks, Monster became the edgier, more popular Red Bull, and G-Fuel... well, it's Gamer Fuel. That shit's just the best."

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast