Page 103 of 178 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1773

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Francis Drake needed nothing more, so she left. Jeanne and Siegfried needed nothing more, and they left. Vivian needed nothing more, so she left only after advising that he rest. Many times she spoke, he found it interesting that she referred to him with such familiarity. Had Artoria herself acknowledged things as easily, the present would have been a very different situation. The last to depart was Eris, who spoke of her living standards. This was a very relatable thing to the King of Heroes; he would settle for no lesser lifestyle either. He sat alone as a warrior then, albeit with Siduri at his side as could always be expected. However, there were a couple of habits he'd developed over time. First was the habit of granting her rest any time he returned from another journey, and second was taking his times of either grieving or angst in solitude. "You may go, Siduri. I have no need of you today," he said. A lack of need wasn't exactly true, but it was true enough for the excuse of dismissing her.

Meanwhile, Lancelot was being told how tired he looked. How ridiculous! "Me, tired? I haven't even started yet," was his retort. True enough, the exhaustion wasn't at all dissatisfying. He rather enjoyed trampling over the Roman soldiers, even though it had gone on far too long. He had a fair amount of information to share regardless, so he'd take rest while sharing it. Before that though, there was Artoria's griping to address. "Since when does fun outside of combat exist in your world? That's a surprise I wasn't expecting today. Either way, there's a ton of fun yet to be had. There's an old empire in the world below that very suddenly decided not to provoke a war with Albion, but to start one outright. Hearsay implies that the emperor should have been on this level of the world centuries ago, but... there haven't been many Holy Grail War the entire time you've been gone. Oh... and I see you've met Mordred. He's quite the powerhouse without even having a decent weapon."

And so the King of Heroes was left alone again except for his most trusted attendant. But his old habits returned rather quickly. As soon as all others had left him, he also told her to take leave. She was unneeded this day? Well, she doubted that for several reasons, but the King's temperament was something she'd gotten quite used to. Alright, a little bow and a couple of words would be shared as she took what could be considered a regular break from her duties. "As you wish, my King," and just like that she scurried off. Still, his brooding could only be allowable for so long, perhaps when the Queen was finally able to return there would be enjoyment for all. But time was catching up with everyone.

Included in those time was not waiting for, was Artoria Pendragon. The Queen of Camelot found herself in the company of one of her most trusted being caught up on the state of affairs. According to Lancelot it was unknown that Artoria might have fun outside of war and carnage. Apparently there was more of a fight to have though, as an empire from the world below was on an upward tilt. Only a few Holy Grail Wars since her kidnapping... how strange, by what she had been told there should have been ten or so. "I have had a millennia alone in my head to consider what I may or may not find fun in the world. I still do not know but apparently now is not the time to find out," she said in all honesty. As for the rest well, there wasn't much to do. "It is strange there have not been many Holy Grail Wars in so long, but that could have a number of factors including the situation surrounding the Holy Maiden. And the false god she has not yet tracked down... Granted starting something with me here and now, will not make that task happen any faster," she said before her gaze casually shifted to Mordred. "If this Emperor wished only to rise, I could have looked into it. But this attack against my lands and people I cannot tolerate. I am done with the abuses even those committed in ignorance will not go unpunished." Artoria said firmly. Mordred listened intensely.

Everyone spoke so highly of the Queen of Knights. But having such a moment be their first meeting was inspiring. She'd so easily entered the fray. So swiftly clutched the victory of a day's long battle. So calmly returned to normal and civil conversation. So easily tried to see fairness and make a decision based on what information was given her. 'She's so cool!' Yes, this was the thought of one like Mordred when facing Artoria Pendragon. This one did not have a weapon yet? How odd. "Strange, my sister normally sends her offspring with weapons of their own, perhaps this one's is not ready yet. She was along when I was fetched from that wretched place. No matter..." said Artoria. This one was standing in a war that obviously should not have concerned them. She'd seen them fighting and took no issue with their battle prowess. "I can acknowledge exceptional battle prowess from one like you Mordred. You have done well," Artoria said having seen such with her own eyes. If Lancelot spoke of it, she had no reason to doubt anything at all. Mordred beneath that helm looked awestruck and dropped to knee before Artoria, who, still armored looked down at this one with her left brow rising gently. "It was nothing, my Queen. I just wish to stay..." said Mordred. A smile came to Artoria's face. There were so many like this, it was not normal to wish to enter into such bloodshed. Still, she would hardly turn away one of her sister's children, nor could she deny the handiness of a powerful knight. "I would not turn you away, Mordred. Lift your head, there is much to do..."

"Still don't know, still looking. Well... I guess it's good that you're finally doing the latter." Lancelot had always been one of many firm believers that Artoria should enjoy the fruits of life. She may not have discovered any of them to seek, but at least she sought discovery. It didn't matter how long it had taken; it only mattered that she got around to it eventually. "Here's hoping you find some form of satisfaction, my Queen," he said with a light bow. Now then, there was much to address. It was clear to all how Artoria would plan on dealing with the enemy emperor, yet all too refreshing to hear her speak on it. "It's always so different when you actually say it. Anyway, the emperor in question is Lucius Tiberius. He's being called everything from immortal, to the Sword Emperor all over the world. All intelligence points toward him wanting your head specifically. Oh, and speaking of intelligence... Galahad is back, but not really. I should say, Freed has become Sir Galahad since you've been gone. He's been working with a few others to locate Tiberius' stronghold up here somewhere, but they should be back soon. I take it a full-on frontal assault is something that interests you?"

Lancelot had been an individual that Artoria sorely missed in her time away. He'd claimed that he hoped she found satisfaction, how strange. Everyone always seemed so invested her finding something she'd never really thought to look for on her own. She could only smile at the notion. Apparently, it was worthy to note that hearing her speak specifically on this matter was somehow comforting. Was it truly? She only said the things she felt like she needed to and honestly, she was not in the mood to tolerate the bad behavior of a wayward emperor. Of course, not all news was good as she was given the information she sought. According to him, a man named Lucius Tiberius was the culprit of the attacks on her lands. He was being called everything from immortal to a Sword Emperor? Beyond all that was the fact that, according to Lancelot all information said that man was looking for... her head? Truly? The smile that crossed Artoria's face in that moment was stunning. If Lucius Tiberius was simply looking for her, well that made things significantly easier did it not? A full frontal assault that was what Lancelot proposed. Artoria almost wanted argue, but the Knights themselves were already involved. "I had been thinking more a trial by combat, but he did attack when I was not even here," she said beginning to move towards the castle. "I will await the rest of the information before I truly begin to act, but I have no intentions letting someone look for me," she said acknowledging fully that she intended to attack at her earliest convenience. With this time would be allowed to pass with Mordred practically tied to Artoria's hip. For however long this took, Artoria would be the one to fell this Sword Emperor. But until then a message needed to be carried to the King of Heroes.

What would such a message be some time after she'd left Uruk and the company of the King of Heroes? Well... she would sent Vivian back in a week with information to give. Though not without having a very long conversation about Mordred and their nature. Why are they constantly in armor? To suppress the power of their releases. That at least made enough sense though it was slightly deceptive around the edges. Why did Mordred not have their own weapon? It had indeed been a rush to get Mordred here to help defend Camelot when Artoria herself could not be there quickly enough. Fair. Truly, nothing else needed real discussion. Artoria realized that the appearance of Mordred was nothing but a timebomb to her inevitable demise, but even so... there were other things to do before that point and to the credit of the young knight, they did not seem at all interested in killing Artoria. No, at every turn Mordred seemed almost like an impressed child. Speaking praises of Artoria, acting childishly jealous around their siblings. It was sort of refreshing actually. Besides all of that, Mordred was always up for a fight and as such Artoria was allowed to return to her finest form of combat using Mordred's less than savory tactics as a method of sharpening her own skills. It was fun having Mordred around, even with the whole brooding inside of armor thing they had going on.

That message to the King, delivered approximately 2 months after life in Camelot had returned to including the Queen of Knights. "Camelot is at war with someone called the Sword Emperor, who nips at the heels of those who have already risen. He is my prey... I will have his head and then I will return what belongs to you," that was it. Still, in keeping with her own mentality she gave no set date for her arrival, instead an event to mark the time. And a casual update of the status of Camelot to avoid the worries of those who would worry. If killing a single man was the only real requirement, Artoria needed to bother none for assistance. In the meantime she sent out a party of Knights to properly locate the man and find out what they could. Their search had been taking much longer than it had to, because they were returning often to help defend the castle, but with Artoria back there was no need for that. While the Queen stood in Camelot there was no need to fear invaders... all could be felled by her hands.

Two months passed. This was beginning to become annoyingly repetitive, but with the gods gone, there was naught but time to wait. Soon enough, Gilgamesh received word from none other than the Lake Fairy. Relegated to messenger again, was she? Oh well; none could deliver information more quickly than she. This time, there was interestingly no given window of opportunity for Artoria's return. Good; those never worked out for them anyway. She was at war with someone purporting to be an emperor of swords? Even Gilgamesh thought such a thing was laughable. He doubted a battle between Artoria and some audacious human would take very long. After all, she managed to stand across the battlefield from the King of Heroes himself. Of course he believed that put her above any other person currently walking around in this world.

Ah, but whether this news was satisfying or dissatisfying, there was one certain silver gleam. Since he knew an empire was assaulting Albion, he could have knowledge about all incoming tablets related to the concerns. Now, he could easily deal with every tablet that spoke of Albion with haste, freeing him up to get much more work done before Artoria's eventual return. With this in mind, he greeted this new information with a smug grin. "H'oh? I may yet be capable of clearing the workload before having to take a sabbatical. Perhaps it is good that I have to wait this time."

On the topic of waiting, Emperor Lucius Tiberius happened to be awaiting Artoria's arrival. In the few hundred years he'd been sending his army into Albion, he'd located a lovely little field in which to set up a camp. There, in the largest tent, he'd been waiting to hear word of Artoria's return. He was told eventually that the Queen of Knights was back in Camelot. Excellent. Now that she was here, he simply bided his time. Her reputation said they would meet, and that little would be required of him for that to happen. All he had to do was wait around, knowing she would appear eventually to face him directly. . .

While Gilgamesh received news of Artoria's potential future arrival, a new arrival found herself stepping out of the Underworld and onto the grounds of Uruk. Where was this? She'd never seen a place like this before... she figured she'd have been revived with her party back in Atlantis but maybe... such a thing wouldn't happen. What had she been doing? Oh right... she'd been defending someone in her party from the attack of a Leviathan. She'd gotten knocked around outside of the protective barrier, and... snapped in half by the creature. She shivered running her hands through her burnt orange locks. Oh well... Oh? Her current clothing was rather light, if this place was run by humans well it was best she introduce herself and figure out if she could settle here or if she needed to run. She walked around Uruk and finding herself being pointed in the direction of what she thought to be a large step pyramid. There was the claim that the king of Uruk was in the throne room there. Suddenly, she wasn't holding out hope for staying here. A king alone in a place that looked like the Middle East... seemed like the sort of place that would end in a forced marriage, assault into a harem or death by rejection. She supposed if she died here, she'd at least go back to the underworld so that was always a plus. But... perhaps that was a bit to pessimistic. There were kids at play, a bunch of women in practically no clothing but no one was attacking anyone else at least. She made her way up the steps of the Ziggurat and into the throne room. "Um... hello? Are you the one in charge here? Well... where ever here is..." she said seeming to be very polite, she hadn't really gotten a good look yet, but could tell this man was blonde. She was not going to be threatening or anything she just did not want any real trouble.

It took a bit more time to get all the information necessary. Given this, Lucius would be left to wait until Artoria knew both where to find him and what kind of numbers he had access to. Ideally, she could get him to face her in single combat with no additional lives lost. Though this was her goal, she did not rely solely on the good will of men. Her own Knights were prepared to fight as well, and the normal mortals outside of their sheer numbers would be no match for them. Even so, she took the approach of aiming for the head, and leaving as many people to cower over actions like these as possible. After all, killing the man who thought himself Emperor and immortal would only become more impressive if the story was passed around quickly enough. And if she could keep others who came up from the lower world from doing so with ill-intentions this land of Chaldea could prosper with everyone in it. So, she sat in the floor of her bedroom sharpening Excalibur. Still with that golden necklace draped around her neck. It'd become another item of comfort, and another showing of attachment. "We are going to war friend... and then, we are going to see my King of Heroes. Both shall be glorious, do you not agree?" she mused to it with an almost teasing quality to her voice. At the same time, Mordred had gotten quite used to being in the Queen's presence. They walked by and heard the woman talking to their sword. King of Heroes? Wasn't that some blonde bastard who was too pushy for his own sake? But... the Queen talked about him like she was fond of him. Was there a merger of Kingdoms in the works? Or would Camelot be left all alone? Surely, the Queen wouldn't take up with some random philanderer. No, she was far too virtuous and honorable for that. The perfect King was what Artoria Pendragon was... given this, Mordred would surely make a fine knight to the Queen and whatever King she chose, right?! That actually sounded wonderful.

As he mulled over the near future and all positives to be taken from it, Gilgamesh received a very strange visitor. The king glanced up from a tablet, immediately determining that he'd never seen this strange woman before. What business did she have, and who gave her the idea that she could approach the throne so casually? Well, according to the woman herself, she hadn't a clue where she was or how she arrived. For just a moment, there was a mix of judgment and disbelief in his eyes. A brief glow overcame crimson optics, however, and that expression faded away. "A woman walks into my citadel, and has no idea where she is? How preposterous," he murmured. A sigh ensued, followed by the movement of a tablet out of his hands. He'd certainly keep this one under scrutiny for a while yet. "You stand in the citadel of strong-walled Uruk. State your purpose," he demanded. Gilgamesh would not offer his identity. There was still a hint of annoyance creeping up the back of his mind from the thought that anyone failed to know of him. Introducing oneself was for the common folk, not the king of the known world. The king looked this woman up and down. Ah... those tatters were quite familiar to him. She was recently reborn, it seemed. Those garments, if they could be called such, could have only come from Irkalla... or a gutter. "One should note the audacity it takes to seek audience with a king when wearing rags such as those."

According to the man on top of the throne, she stood within the citadel of Uruk. Oh... she was to state her business. Well, this could have gone much worse she supposed. "My business, mostly just to make sure whoever was here knew I wasn't a threat. It's pretty common when you go to a new area to make sure no one hunts you down and slays you... or stuff. I'm unarmed right now and I don't know why I ended up here instead of back where I died," she said that a bit evasively. Actually, she'd heard of much worse things being done to people who entered into new places without knowing who was in charge there. So, getting a lay of the land and sending out a shout that basically said 'Hi, I'm friendly.' Was a curtesy so to speak. And what was this, she was getting a reasonable look at this man and she recognized him. This guy was actually here?! That was pretty interesting. He was always a pretty nice guy. She seemed to relax quite a bit in that moment of recognition. As for her audacity in wearing such rags she could only look a bit wide eyed. 'Wow, he is really takes his roleplay seriously,' she thought absently. Still she supposed that was a query worth answering. "I assume my gear was picked up when I died... well except the ones that were bound to me. No, offense but before realizing who you were, I didn't know if I'd be slayed on sight or need to make a quick escape. No use in getting settled in or wasting funding on clothing when I might need it because my life is in danger..." she said. It was at least sensible in her own perspective to be this way, whether he saw it that way or not.

Mordred continued thinking over the potential aspects of Artoria and this King of Heroes she seemed to speak so highly of. Artoria was without question a Queen without equal in Mordred's mind, as such they couldn't help but wonder what her intentions were. As she thought this over she popped in for a bath at the only time they knew they could be alone. As the water ran, a silver haired woman popped out, apparently content to rest on the edge of the tub. "How are you settling in? Do you like the Queen?" she asked seeming to be interested in what would be said. Mordred's helmet separated and their face appeared. Opened were green eyes, hair pulled back in a spikey blonde ponytail with braids and a smile was bore with almost present fangs. "She's great! Perfect! So cool! I wanna be just like her!" such honest words from this child. "I feel like I should worry how many of my children prefer her to me, but I suppose... she is your father so it makes a bit more sense in your case," said the silver haired woman with her electric blue eyes. "Father?! The Queen of Knights is my Father?!" there was something like shock there or was it excitement. Regardless all of it was obvious. Mordred's armor dropped and something else became rather obvious, Mordred, was a girl. A handsome face, but a girl's body nonetheless. Her attitude could almost trick one into the belief that she was in fact a man, the large armor did not help that confusion but it didn't matter. Beyond it, Mordred bore striking resemblance to one Artoria Pendragon. It was no true deception to call Artoria her father. Actually, her twin brother was her father in the most technical sense, but Artoria was the reason she was born so that responsibility would lie with her. Besides this minor deception was necessary for all to go according to plan. "Does that change anything for you? Are you upset?" asked the woman as she continued to sit on the edge of the tub. "No! I could never be upset, she's really great, a perfect Queen. I will serve her and I want to," said Mordred. "Even if she can't accept you?" Mordred splashed into the tub like a child seeming not to care about potentially soaking the woman who'd come out of it. "Shut up! You're always trying to put doubts in my head. She already accepted me this makes no difference, you'll see!" she said. "As you will... just remember what I said," and just like that... the woman fell backwards into the tub leaving Mordred by herself. Goading a kid into attacking her care-giver and leading a rebellion was a bit too easy. Once Hoshimi Eri had been talked into a similar situation but that was a long time ago. Now at least there was a real purpose.

A threat? Who looked upon a person wearing robes of the dead, and thought for even a moment they could be considered a threat? Well... Gilgamesh did, here and now. This girl was indeed no threat to him, but there were minor untruths in her words. She was unarmed, yes, but she was not the type weaponry would make much difference in the hands of. "You allude to a lack of weaponry, as if I am to take it as a lack of ability? You cannot hide the truth from me, sorceress mongrel. You would be less capable if you bore arms," he stated, his eyes never peeling away from her. If nothing else, he could at least give her due credit for seeking only comfort in a new stage of life. "Hmph. You are in luck. My spirits are unusually high today, and it became clear the moment you appeared that you are no threat to Uruk. Rejoice, for I will hear your tale!"

Gilgamesh leaned forward in his throne, arms against his knees as if to show some amount of interest. He'd still not taken his eyes off the woman in rags, even after admitting he felt no danger from her. Unwavering though the king's crimson gaze was, it had taken a new purpose that was not simply the judgment of the orange-haired girl. He spoke of hearing her story, and there was reason for that. As he looked at her, he could see the fleeting touch of Irkalla flowing gradually away from her flesh like a black mist. What's more, he could see everything about her as she was in the moment. "And tell no lies. I know you recall it, so speak of the events in their entirety. Make it amusing."

Apparently, this man truly took his roleplay seriously. Known to her as SageKing, a gamer who above all others had exceedingly interesting content to watch. Whenever she could she caught one of his streams, her own were nothing by comparison but she did not begrudge him his success. In a moment like this, she was glad she'd watched his content a bit, he'd called her a mongrel, and that would have normally been considered audacious as a thing to say to someone. But that man had a habit of doing so and in the way it was done, it seemed in no way demeaning. Still there were a few things to clarify even as he looked down at her. She started to explain the fact that she was a pacifist by her own nature, but it seemed the man didn't find her threatening to him or his city at all. That was good and he wanted to hear her tale? That was a strange request... she was supposed to tell no lies and make it interesting. "I do not know how interesting you will find my tale, but I have no problem telling it."

From there she took a deep breath, telling this information would truly clear up why she wasn't actually threatening. "I was once called Serinis and I was the support for a party of adventurers. When the world split several landmasses fell from the sky, it caused disturbances all around, so we went to investigate. We traveled to the shores, of a place called Dragon Lagoon Beach and searched the area finding all manner of strange thing there. Even so, there was a small dungeon located in the cliffs and we killed a remnant of a fallen Sea Dragon there. And when we walked past its body we looked out at the edge and saw a city cloaked in a bubble sitting below the surface of the water tucked into the cliffs. It was Atlantis," she explained the situation. "Apparently before we got there, it had been under the control of a pair of Evil Gods. Their influence on the people was terrible. I should say that they weren't called evil, but we decided they were given how everyone was acting in their name," she explained. "But they had really well developed technology and those who were people suffering that did not have to, so we took it upon ourselves to save them. We saved the innocent, and between us took out all the people who were corrupt and doing harm to everyone else. We individually took their places and changed the minds of the people... Our leader Tokisada he became a Savior King, everyone listened to him because he was good and just and always the first one out to battle," stated while being sort of animated, her hands were flapping and all.

"After one big battle we decimated a few temples and killed the remaining worshippers. I was my party's supporter so I spent a lot of time healing and protecting all the people I came across. They came to like me pretty well, called me a Priestess. I do not think they could always see the spirits I was connected to, but the ones that could seemed to think me special. They started copying my incantation rights and I became sort of a figure head to replace the bad religion. I didn't mind and I convinced everyone to be nicer and help each other," she spoke of herself and what she saw as her minor contribution. "So when the time was right we replaced their worship of some hedonist water god with a love for nature and the spirits I was in control of," she said giving a gentle shrug. "It was all pretty peaceful after that... but a while back a Leviathan came up and Atlantis is in a pretty precarious spot so we had to act quickly. We partied up and went out to fight it, I moved to push Tokisada out of the way and I got bitten in half." she said of her death, actually she'd died helping someone so she wasn't too messed up about it overall. "I hope the rest are alright, but I'm pretty sure I helped in the end." she mentioned happily.

All the while, Artoria knew truly what the coming of Mordred meant. She supposed by this logic the only thing for her to do was to make sure she handled this 'Sword Emperor' as easily as she could. She would not aim to provoke Mordred's rebellion but instead she was simply going to seek that which had been denied her the last thousand years. She would calm Albion and return to the King of Heroes his belongings. Given there was only a single man standing between her and her goal, it hardly seemed fair for her to do such a thing. A little smirk came to Artoria's face as she went to bed. The next day would be an interesting one.

Page 103 of 178 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast