Page 140 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1773

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Contradictory was about the perfect way to describe Artoria's nature. When it came to matters of state or combat, it could be said that she wore her heart on her sleeve. In more nuanced things such as romance and the like, however, there were numerous walls of steel between her and them. Well... Gilgamesh had overcome worse defenses before. One day, he'd hear something truly satisfying as it passed those lips. In the meantime, he'd take the victories he earned. Yes, that included the victories he presently claimed over Artoria, which she was so content to spite. She apparently had nothing to say regarding the purpose of her gimped legs. That wasn't the whole truth; she did have something to say, but she gave up after only a few sentences. Very well.

Whatever the case, Artoria accepted his final words with the initial response of... nothing. That nothing was soon followed by laughter most genuine. Apparently, she hated him; that was a blatant untruth. Surprise, surprise─ the stoic Knight-Queen had a healthy amount of humor in her soul yet. With that acknowledgement, Gilgamesh took another hefty swig of wine. "What you should hate, is the amount of training you will need to best this beast of burden. Though, I do believe it has taken a liking to you, even if you've yet to master the art of riding," he quipped in response. Moving on, there would soon enough be food to accompany bath and wine. When cleansing and consumption both reached their end, he'd be bringing another bed from the treasury. It would take some time to make a selection; he wasn't going to be settling for less than the original. In the end, he'd choose something even better. A very large frame of the World Tree's wood supported a mattress that was... shockingly light. Atop it were pillows filled with the down of a phoenix-like bird, and crimson-dyed sheets radiating as much magical/divine energy as the other features. Gilgamesh assembled the bed directly from his treasury, and looked upon it somewhat judgmentally. "Hmm. That should do for something rudimentary. Now is the time for the greatest rest in this lifetime."

The walls between Artoria and her true feelings were nothing new to her. She claimed her nature was contradictory and she meant it. She knew the things she said did not often align with how she felt. Just the same she also knew that honesty came with her actions. This had always been the case, even when she was simply a murderer for hire. Whatever the case, honest laughter and drink were a good way to end this long night of theirs. Beyond this there was the matter of what she should actually hate, according to Gilgamesh. In his own words she should hate the amount of work it would take to best the beast he kept within his pants. Though he quite humorously mentioned it'd taken a liking to her regardless of her less than mastered riding. A smirk crossed her face in this moment. "You continue to talk, but I know better than others, that the moment diligence pays off is the sweetest, and all training leading up to victory is just added flavor~" she commented while taking a large sip of wine. Still she had more words, these were to share with one individual in particular and that was not Gilgamesh himself. "I should add, I do not take impudence from anything that belongs to me, least of all my newest and most unruly weapon to date!" Ah that declaration would come before food and calm. Of course it would, strangely it was also a sign that Artoria herself had no real intention on giving up her current bouts with this questing beast.

Eventually after more feasting and banter there would be a bed. Of course... Artoria watched this construction with an interested gaze as she sat in a tub brushing tangles out of golden locks. Of course, she knew sleep would come eventually, even so she thought at least a little about lodging some kind of protest. She'd slept in the King of Heroes bed before, but never while she was in it. She did not share beds with people... it was a direct contradiction to her to be in such close quarters without her wits about her. What if she needed her gun hand? While gave this thought, she became distracted by this man's words and judgmental look about his bedding. Confusion spread across her face and her brows drew together. She wanted to know but she also knew he usually said outlandish things as well. "That sounds harsh, and I am curious but also trying to talk myself out of the curiosity. What about this bed do you find rudimentary?"

By the time their would-be bed was assembled, Artoria battled with herself over a line of questioning. She'd previously shown curiosity regarding his pieces, but her inquiry was somewhat different this time. This time, she made a stronger effort to talk herself out of curiosity, in her own words. Artoria instead questioned Gilgamesh's own statement, in which he seemed less than satisfied by the bed itself. "It is rudimentary because I'm sure there are better things that could go into it. None of these things do more than accumulate dust within the treasury, however, so I suppose this will serve some purpose," he rambled while still looking over the bed.

One day, perhaps he'd find better treasures with which to construct a bed. For now though, this would certainly do as an improvement to the previous furniture. What would he do with the rest of the room, though? Nothing─ at least nothing at present. The whole of this room was useless for the time being, so he only returned all other things to the treasury. Of course, this included the hot spring he'd made use of twice in this very room. "No matter. By your ridiculous reaction, I assume you find it suitable," the king spoke further, reaching out with every intention of lifting his queen then and there. He wasn't going to watch her stumble about like an infant deer; he'd much rather cut out the middle by placing her in bed himself. The action wouldn't seem very gentle at all, but... in all technicality, he would be dropping her on a literal cloud.

There were better things he claimed. These would be doing nothing but collecting dust he said. Scoff. All Artoria could do was scoff at these notions. "If you think about everything with that much skepticism, you will never like anything..." she stated. As one who never liked things, she was certain of her statement. Strange though it was, she figured he'd tell her this was made of some kind of extra outrageous thing in the moments that followed. Given just the way it looked and smelled she was quite certain it would be fine for sleeping. Still the bath disappeared from beneath her and she was left sitting where she had been on the floor. Ah, she'd have to stand up, she was not looking forward to that.

"Eeep!" Rather suddenly she was in Gilgamesh's arms again being lifted and carried towards this bed not even leaving her time to think, fuss or even be upset about the movement properly. "My reaction was nowhere near ridiculous. It was normal... usually when I ask you things you say something outlandish and I almost have my brain explode from lack of understanding," she chided. Before she could even continue chiding this man about his random handling of her person she was practically tossed into this bed. "Whaah! Haha..." she practically laughed but this was far from funny right. She'd all but forgotten she'd intended to lodge complaints about the pair of them sharing a bed. Ah but when her body made contact she felt nothing but softness. It was like landing in a solid cloud. "I was going to complain about many things, not the bed itself at all though. Still this is like landing in a cloud. It is so soft... I could just sink... It is a cloud is it not? Fuck. And it smells really sweet, like Ash wood but... no that is not right... it only smells like ash wood but it definitely is not that..." her head fell back into the pillow. She recognized down pillows for what they were but she knew bit by bit these pieces were well beyond normal. "I am going to yell again, am I not? You do this in purpose I am sure of it. You figured I would protest this sleeping arrangement so you decided to blindside me with something so ridiculous I would not know what to complain about... You wanted me to shock myself to sleep. I am on to you Gil, and I will not stand for this fuckery!" Ah, yes, her consciousness was still slipping ever so gently between faces. Those swears were still free flying...and her level of outrage was still far beyond what she normally reacted to. She still wasn't at all okay with the idea of sharing a bed, but the ridiculousness afoot was too much for her heart to bear.

"It is not skepticism. My coffers are too bottomless for even me to know their depths and content. It is only natural that I should expect an improvement to everything I retrieve on a whim." Certainly, Gilgamesh knew this would be the greatest bed the world had ever seen thus far. Still, there was a chance for improvement somewhere down the line. To call this one rudimentary was a simple matter of thinking it would suffice.

Now, onto the bed Artoria went. She had complaints; of course she did. Never had he pulled something from the treasury without her thinking it ridiculous, or in some way unnecessary. This, surely, would be no exception to that norm. Multiple comments were made when the queen landed─ one was even an accurate assumption. As expected, Gilgamesh would speak on the materials used. "It is a cloud, yes. Jindouyun, or Kinto'un, the cloud belonging to some monkey calling himself a king. The scent is that of Yggdrasil's wood, combined with the down of Huma and the wool of Capricorn. I thought to make an arrangement like this before, but of course I would not allow a bed to detract from our experience of one another. In the afterglow, however, I shall allow it." As he spoke, Gilgamesh moved forward still. He'd be joining Artoria in bed, making no fuss about it, and taking none as well. He'd lie flat on his back, one hand between head and pillow as he threw the blanket over himself. Just then, the king yawned and closed his eyes. "If you intend to protest, do so when you've woken. I will have none of your naysaying when it is time to rest."

Artoria stared at Gilgamesh. This man literally just said he had so much stuff he always expected an improvement to the things he could build or create with what was found in his coffers. "Ridiculous." Yes, that one word completely described how she felt about this man all the time. He said so many outlandish things and always so truthfully that she could not argue with him. Even so, she was always stunned by how far from the normal his expectations were.

Speaking of expectations Artoria's mind was about to be hard reset, once again. This time, the notes about this 'bed' created by Gilgamesh was full of random information she knew enough about to be more than aghast at his call of 'rudimentary'. Why. Oh, well, there was the cloud mattress... "Cloud belonging to Sun Wukong and you just made it into a mattress. World tree wood... yes perfectly normal thing to have on hand. I have no idea what a Huma is, but it smells like a fire-bird so we are just not going to think about that.. and a constellations blanket," she was so near outrage she could hardly contain it. "And you just say all that as if you have never read a book, seen an anime... nothing. Right no memories. I should not be so upset still..." she mumbled to herself. If she could have smothered herself to death she would have done it, but instead she watched as Gilgamesh entered this bed unceremoniously. He claimed she should save her naysaying for waking hours because he'd be taking none of it now. That was pretty unfair, Hoshimi Eri shared a bed with no one. Artoria Pendragon shared a bed with no one... and here and now she was sharing one with Gilgamesh. So, of course she couldn't settle immediately. No instead she would watch wondering if it would even be possible for her to fall asleep while he was so close. Instead she busied herself taking in the details of him, having a great internal monologue about how foolish it was to fall asleep beside someone who'd already mentioned having a nagging desire to murder you.

Gilgamesh's eyes were closed, his breathing already beginning to slow and deepen while Artoria went on the tangent she always chose. This time, her repeat of things he listed came with mention of books and... whatever anime was. She went on to note a lack of memories, so it was presumably a thing of that other world. No matter; these things were reality in present life. Never would there be a point to treating them as anything more, or less, than what they were. "If it is of value, it is mine to claim. Perhaps one day, you will learn that surprise at the extent of my treasury is without purpose," he mused, yawning once more thereafter.

In the following moments, Gilgamesh would be found musing almost at random. Consciousness was slipping from him rather quickly, given his general lack of sleep and recent physical activity. "Hmm. It may even be worthwhile to let you see for yourself. One of those 'dates' as a journey through my treasury. A lovely thought, is it not─" The more he spoke, the more his words faded. Whatever Artoria's concerns about a shared sleeping arrangement were, it couldn't be clearer that he didn't share them. Only moments after settling, the king fell silent in all but breathing. He would not be waking any time soon, nor very easily at all. . .

Gilgamesh had the thought wandering in his mind and over his lips that one day she wouldn't be surprised by the things he had in his treasury. To that there could only be a scoff. "Never. I might stop talking about it for my own sanity but I doubt I will ever stop being surprised," she commented. It was the truth, with any amount of knowledge of what items were, the thought of it just became more ridiculous. When you add to it the fact that it was seemingly endless well... it was downright unfair that he had access to everything. Well, that wasn't entirely true, anything he'd collected with his own hands was fair game by her own logic but he couldn't even remember what all of those things were.

Ah, but there were more important things. The mention of a date through the treasury was apparently an option on Gilgamesh's list. Artoria gave that but a second of thought before she came to the conclusion that it was the sort of thing she'd like. "I always did like museums..." she stated with a small smirk knowing full well he wouldn't even know what such a thing was. Of course, none of that mattered as his breathing became deeper and he fell further into the clutches of sleep. It was obvious he did not share her misgivings about sleeping with another person. The fact that he was so trusting was beyond moronic to her, but in looking upon his restful form she could do nothing but sigh. "Baka! You are actually pretty cute when you are quiet," she said softly. "Oops, never saying that again..." she corrected herself immediately. Of course she did not need anyone knowing the depths of her feelings, but sometimes even those welled up a bit beyond her own control.

A few moments passed and that ceremonial knife appeared in her hands. She'd casually play with it. Twirling it across her fingers as she thought over the possibilities. On the one hand, she could sleep on the farther side of the bed, with the knife she so preferred holding. But his body radiated heat and was practically calling to her to nestle in after all they'd done. Ah, but she also didn't like that at all. But she also thought it might be good to experience at least once. Just the same she couldn't well give up her gun hand for such an endeavor could she? Well... maybe. A few more seconds to of thought and a yawn escaped her. "You really should rest more often Gil... you fell asleep way too easily for me to believe you have been getting a proper amount of rest. You really should take better care of yourself," she mused gently. Finally that knife disappeared from her hand, and the stoic Knight-Queen made a decision. "I am going to trust this thing you call sleep... just the once. And if I do not like it, you will hear no end of it tomorrow," she mentioned as she rolled closer into his side. That little blade had disappeared, safety first and all of that. She wouldn't want to accidentally stab anyone. "Oyasuminasai, Gil..." she murmured. How would she end up as she drifted off to dream of Avalon once more? Well, her head on his chest, her body tucked into his her still useless legs entwined as she pulled the cover up over her shoulder. Like this the Queen of Knights would find a deep rest for the first time.

Gilgamesh had always known of the future in which he claimed Artoria Pendragon. What he didn't look into, was the little moments along the way. Even unconscious, he felt the presence of Artoria against his own flesh. It was at some point during the night that an arm found itself hooked around the sleeping queen, and that... was how things were when Gilgamesh woke the next morning. The sun's rays shone through the window, and he stirred as lidded eyes were assaulted. Maybe he should have done something about that, if nothing else in the room.

Shuffling about only slightly, Gilgamesh came to realize Artoria's position quickly. She was without the usual armament when sleeping, it seemed. She seemed quite at peace... Good. He would not disturb her rest. Instead, the king would tilt his head toward the woman. Lips would peck her forehead as his free hand shifted stray hairs into place, and then... he'd spend whatever time he had left simply staring into her face. He'd claimed numerous victories aloud recently, but no─ this was triumph incarnate.

Over the course of night Artoria's body had an arm thrown over it. Strangely, this did not trigger her fight or flight response in the slightest, and instead she ended up snuggled in closer. She appreciated the extra warmth even with her empty gun hand. Perhaps this was trust, actual trust... The last time she slept properly without a weapon in her hand she'd been 10 years old in this world. After that she'd stolen a kitchen knife and fairly soon after that, been gifted a dagger by her elder sister so she could sleep comfortably. Still, she dreamed of paradise and nothing set off her instinct to protect herself in the night. Instead she found the deepest sleep her body had ever known.

When the sun rose she was still sleeping and when the first movements of Gilgamesh took place she was still unconscious. It would be quite a awhile before her body wanted to rise. That kiss to the forehead definitely made the process quite difficult the twitches of her muscles seemed to calm quite a bit. Whatever joy Gilgamesh got from watching her sleep in this way, she'd already experienced in the previous night. Just a few more minutes? Since when was she the type to oversleep? She wasn't at all... but she had the hardest time waking up today. So warm and that overly honest body of hers stretched out more entangling more in Gilgamesh's form as her body began the process of waking. Fingers moved soon or rather her hands unconsciously twitched. So used to holding a weapon in her sleep that waking without one was not something she had conventions for. So instead those finger tips twitched against Gilgamesh's exposed torso. Those eyes of hers flickered open to light and gold. How interesting. "Ohay...." pause. That was the wrong word wasn't it a strange one he would not understand. "Good morning..." she managed instead. Strangely enough she didn't move to immediately extricate herself from his side, she was actually quite comfortable. With that knowledge she supposed she'd avoid giving him grief for forcing this arrangement in the first place.

Page 140 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast