Page 142 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1773

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Siduri's greeting was about what he expected. How satisfying it was, hearing her question the state of Artoria while addressing her as part of the unit they would eventually be. She knew the future he proclaimed would come to pass. "You bring me much satisfaction, Siduri. The queen is indisposed, albeit wearing the glow of a newborn woman at long last. It may yet be time to rename her," he joked. Gilgamesh beamed as he greeted this day; why should he not? He spoke of differences, but it was he who sported the bright glow of rebirth.

Now that he sat upon the throne again, the first order of business was to ensure the upcoming festivities. Gilgamesh anticipated a fresh pile of tablets, but it would not have precedence. "I have need of the scribe. What word is there on the sorceress?" he asked. There was another individual who would be of great importance to the coming festival, and many things in the future of Finis Chaldea. By his approximation, her arrival should have been something recent, if not something coming very soon.

Meanwhile, events were transpiring in the lower world as well. The goddess Ishtar had fallen long ago, but it now seemed she had amassed quite the following once more. Showered in gifts as she had once been millennia ago, she was presently approached in a different throne room by... a man presumably selected by her personally. Blonde, muscular and seeming none too short on currency, he stood at the base of a stairwell leading to... well, the only proper throne for miles. This individual had recently returned from Finis Chaldea as well, as the former goddess should know. "I've come back with gifts~"

Spirited was the most apt description Siduri could have used to describe Gilgamesh. She questioned the wellness of the Queen and in return was given an amount of mirth she'd not seen from this man since he managed to capture the herb of immortality. Oh to see him this happy gave lightness to the heart of Siduri as well. She'd been with him for his long journey and she'd stand by both him and Artoria through the one they'd take combined. "I am glad to be of service and happy for you both," Siduri replied willing to let this man bask in what was apparently his bliss for quite a while to come.

Soon though there were matters of business. "I will fetch Orihime in moments. She is simply downstairs. As for the sorceress..." she said taking pause before explaining the situation around the girl found loitering the last centuries away in the mages academy. "I have visited with Yamuraiha as she is called, on a couple of occasions. She felt Belris prod her while scrying. Her words on the matter were simply, if the King is ready before I finish grading exams to let her know. Belris can prod her and she will feel it and be ready to arrive shortly. She apparently started training her replacement upon finding out you were looking for her. She is strange, but nice..." she explained of the girl who would be sorceress here soon enough by Gilgamesh's own desires. Belris the girl she'd referred to, was sitting in her shadow right at the moment, ready to pop out if she was called upon but content to sit quietly otherwise.

Events in the lower world? Atop the only throne in miles there was a blond woman dressed in blue with an overly-indulgent buxom figure looking particularly displeased. Of course, this began to change as a blonde male approached her. Oh did he have the sort of look she liked and almost all the right qualities as well. He was definitely the sort of person she watched back when watching a crystal ball and lounging was all the had to do with her life. Ah, but he had many others were working their way towards putting her back on the pedestal she belonged atop. "Oh? Well, it's been so long I almost thought you'd gotten yourself killed. I do like gifts though... bring it to me!" she proclaimed her shrill voice filling the area and a look which seemed genuinely happy playing across her face. She loved getting gifts, the fact that this man knew his place enough to bring them to her without question made him good.

"That much is to be expected. What else could one do, if not bask in and share the glee of such auspicious events?" Gilgamesh asked rhetorically. Interestingly enough, he seemed shockingly content to move on from such talks. Today was a day not only for his own celebration, but the celebration of all in this world... for its one true queen had been all but crowned. This celebration would begin with the work of Orihime, whom Siduri would be bringing forth, and one called... Yamuraiha. "H'oh? She felt that one, did she? That is no small feat," he declared.

This sorceress would be a boon for ages to come, based on her current supposed ability. Belris being the one to contact the woman only made things better─ especially given the former's location. "Then what are you waiting for, halfling?" he asked, his words meant for the hidden one. "Summon the sorceress. Siduri, be on your way. I will not have this celebration delayed more than it need be."

At the location of Queen Kolin, the approaching male was granted permission to approach the throne. Of course, this came only after mention that he'd been presumed dead. "Hardly. Getting up there was troublesome. Getting back was... more difficult. I think you're gonna like this, though," the man said as he climbed the stairs, eventually reaching the throne's platform. He sported a necklace with a circular pendant upon it. Within that pendant was empty space, but numerous mana vents lining its interior. Removing it from himself, he presented it to the blonde woman. "This is a new thing that's been going around up top. Should help you keep an eye on things directly, instead of waiting on messengers all the time. All it needs is some kind of catalyst to project an image."

A rhetorical question was posed by Gilgamesh and Siduri realized it did not require an answer. She truly was happy for the pair and knew that any who served them would be. It was quite nice to see the King relaxed and happy and if Artoria had anything to do with that... all could appreciate her abilities, even if she was not yet ready to face the world. Moving on from this point, there was the claim made that the girl known as Yamraiha had felt Belris prodding at her existence before and through that the claim that such was no small feat. "She is acknowledged as being an unparalleled magical prodigy and a genius. She is also still quite young for what she is so she will be an asset for millennia to come," Siduri expressed her understanding based on meeting with the girl a few times. Meanwhile Belris popped out of her shadow, or rather jumped out of it. She was still a little bit gun shy, but quickly recovered enough to begin work as it were. "Ahem, I wasn't waiting for anything in particular," she'd gotten much better at speaking when spoken to. "Just one moment."

In the time since she'd been last seen, she was redressed. A black half top with golden trim and a long skirt which high splits on the side. It appeared she'd outgrown her shyness a bit exposing those tattooed hands of hers. That special belt artifact of hers hanging off one hip while she pulled a book from the other and began the process. Siduri before she left gave a small bow and Belris a pat on the head, "As you wish, my King." and just like that was off to fetch Orihime. Meanwhile a little head pat seemed to go quite a long way and Belris hand began to glow as she pinned the location of the girl known as Yamraiha. Given she already knew this individual and had already touched her with her magic it was much easier to do. What she did not expect however was the writing in her book which wasn't her own. She looked at the page with a raised brow. "She wrote back, in Atlantean and common," she said as she closed her book. She'd never seen such a thing before now, the calls of that girl's genius were at least legitimate. "She is on her way..." Belris managed. A whole 18 words this day. That was almost more than she ever wanted to speak. She would then return her book to her side and wait for Siduri's return so she could go back to where she wanted to be in her shadow. It was still quite uncomfortable to be exposed as she was. Soon enough a bluish star like object would be seen falling from the sky. But it was simply a girl on a large staff with a water barrier around herself as she traveled at high speeds through the air. She clung tightly both to the large hat on her head and the stick in her hands.

Meanwhile Queen Kolin was being given the knowledge that the trek upward was no easy task, and getting back was apparently difficult as well. No matter, she would like what she was being given regardless. She liked receiving gifts if they were useful that much better. If someone else couldn't have it because she did also good. What was this item? It was a thing that would let her keep tabs again? Oh? She missed watching the mortals she enjoyed seeing. What was more... having such a thing would probably let her watch Gilgamesh! Light sparkled in her eyes. It was almost impossible to get the kind of information she sought normally without someone questioning why she wanted to know. This way she could watch to her hearts content, just like old times. Yes, she had fond memories of lounging about eating and watch Gilgamesh do things... life could be on track again. "Hahahahaha!~ This is great!" she laughed melodiously and with arrogance, taking the necklace from him. "I am sure I have something that will work as a catalyst. I have been gifted a great many things after all..." she said, pleasantly. "Good work, there may be something rewarding in it for you, Kintoki." she'd say. Though first, she'd get up, headed for her own private quarters with this necklace aiming to loaf around a bit since there was hardly anything that required her direct attention.

"Unparalleled, is she?" was Gilgamesh's response. Such phrases were thrown around so casually by mortals, one would find them hard to believe in any case. In this case, however, he had reason to believe it was at least somewhat true. He'd seen this individual in a vision, in which a buxom figure slung true magic about more casually than most mortal races could ever dream of. Someone like that belonged on the higher plane of Chaldea. Even better still, Belris confirmed a message prior to her summons. This Yamuraiha was on her way? Excellent! He was quite satisfied by the thought of waiting even less time. "Things are going even better than I anticipated, then. I think we are in for quite the week," he stated casually. Soon, that shooting star came into view. Gilgamesh's eyes locked onto it, but then... his brow furrowed just slightly. Something was quite different from his expectation. . .

Not different from one's expectation however, was the reaction of Kolin to her new trinket. The one called Kintoki knew the value of this item he acquired, and he knew it would be very well-received once handed over. The queen laughed in a manner he hadn't heard for quite some time. She surely had plenty of appropriate catalysts floating around somewhere. If not, she had many willing to go fetch a few. Whatever the case, her exodus was prefaced by the idea of something rewarding for Kintoki. He seemed far from displeased by this statement. "As long as you're satisfied. Have fun with the new toy."

The question of unparalleled magical ability was something that caused Belris to nod. It did not seem like Gilgamesh needed affirmation and had previously spoken to not minding the quiet nature so she'd mostly be quiet. Though she did agree, it appeared that the festival week being planned would go well enough. She'd not been allowed to attend such a thing in hundreds of years, perhaps there would be fun to be had during this time period for her as well. For all the time Siduri spent talking to the last of the Ocean-born serpents, the girl made her way into the city in extravagant fashion. That falling star she seemed to embody fell into the Ziggurat through an opening and right before the King. That little bubble popped and out came a young girl. She was about 12 or 13 years of age in outward appearance, with a large bosom and golden shells hanging over pointed ears. She had on a clam shell for a top and robes which seemed to be slightly large on her small frame. Her witch's hat was also quite large. She was holding both the hat and the large staff she rode in upon with wide eyes. "Hm, that distance was a lot easier to cover than I expected..." she said seeming to ponder the whole thing deciding to hold the staff close to herself. Then upon realizing she was in front of the throne directly she bowed to the king. "Oops, forgot about that. Hello, I assume you are the one who was looking for me," she said happily.

All the same Kolin would leave the lad known as Kintoki. She'd definitely make time for him a bit later. But she'd much rather see the use of this tool of hers. And so she'd see to that, going through her coffers until she found a catalyst worth using and then maybe eventually she'd go back to her favorite activity. While those actions took place, Siduri and Orihime were making their way back to the throne room. Gently chatting about the happenings around the Ziggurat and the future festival. Orihime had several festivals when she was in Atlantis, festival weeks around the holidays her party liked and remembered were among the biggest attractions and kept the peace between people. She was more than happy to see such activities being shared in the upper world.

That shooting star was more troublesome than Gilgamesh expected. It posed no threat to the ziggurat or any citizens of Uruk, of course, but... he could see within it from afar. Had he become active too soon after waking? Surely his eyes were playing some cruel trick on him, right? Well, the answer to those questions came when that star landed. The water barrier popped, and then... he saw clearly. Inside was some strangely-proportioned child wholly unsuited visually for the many tasks ahead. The girl began speaking immediately, but why? Why did she assume he'd been looking for her? Why was she even here in the great Citadel of Uruk?

Gilgamesh never stopped staring beneath a furrowed brow at this veritable infant. She did share her every feature with the woman he sought, and hers was the name he'd been given. Why then, was she so very wrong? Surely Belris had the answer. "Contact the sorceress again. Tell her I will not babysit her excitable child as some form of preemptive remuneration. She is to collect this toddler and meet with me directly!"

Gilgamesh was apparently in disbelief over the sorceress who'd popped up before them in the throne room. That being said, the issue he took with her was the absolute assumption that she was a child. Accordingly Belris was ordered to contact the sorceress again and tell her to collect her child and meet with him directly. Belris had her eyes shift towards this young woman as she took in the words Gilgamesh had just spoken. He'd told her before she needed to grow a backbone so today would be the day she did so, in the strangest manner possible. "There is no need to contact anyone else. I was in Siduri's shadow when she met with the sorceress. This is her..." Belris mentioned. Those words seemed to snap something in the mind of the teal haired young woman who looked to this man with the lightest hint of outrage in her soul. "I am 1200 years old, a tenured professor and creator of magical tools. No one sent me here you called for me, through her, and the nice veiled lady!" she proclaimed. "Your magic feels strange but I like it... we should talk about that later..." she said to Belris who looked a bit wide eyed but simply nodded her understanding of yet another person who held vague interest in her person. This sort of thing happened to Yamuraiha a lot more than she'd like, but it wasn't her fault she looked a bit childish, it was her physiology and a few unknown factors. But for a man who was looking for something in particular he was not doing himself any favors in his recruitment effort.

Siduri and Orihime made their way to the throne room in time to see some commotion stirring up. Orihime just watched in awe wondering what was to come of this situation. At the same time, Siduri also wondered what would be going on. Of course, she could quietly sit this one out and see how it was handled. After all, she'd only been noticed by Belris so far and wondered what else this young sorceress would do in defense of herself today. She also wondered about her youth but it was not necessarily her place to pry in that girl's personal life. Especially knowing that the island she'd been from was destroyed during the rescue of Artoria Pendragon.

Indeed, it was not the place of Siduri to pry into this girl's personal life. It was, however, Gilgamesh's prerogative to pry into whatever he pleased. Both Belris and Yamuraiha insisted that this infant was the one they sought. 1200 years of age? She was no human, nor any conventional mortal species... but that age and appearance were very wrong. "A 1,200 year-old sorceress too small to match the stature of her own staff? Comical," he stated. This individual was... a Leviathan─ one of the last vestiges of true dragonkind since the dissipation of magic and divinity. What he saw in that vision was the form she should have been in half a millennium ago. What was her excuse?

If nothing else, the teal-haired little thing had some spunk about her; he could always appreciate something like that. "A prodigy the likes of which this world will see only once per thousand years. A woman aligned to water, whose prowess could be exceeded by only the Great Mother Fae herself. That is what I saw. Magecraft used in conjunction with Magic, the accomplishment of feats rendered impossible by such an immature form. You are the one I should expect? Tell me, what parallel world did I see that night? That world did not seem strange enough to be another reality, so... should I instead be seeking whatever sorcerer cursed you to this infantile form? You would not be the only one to suffer something of the sort, so I suppose I could accept that excuse."

At the mention of how small Yamuraiha was, even compared to her own staff her eye brow twitched. She was constantly having to defend herself against the assaults of others this man was looking for her and here he was being the absolute definition of annoying about something which he really had no business prying into at all. She could only scoff a bit at the indignation. How was this man supposed to be the great king of the world one day with all of this attitude? That man she'd seen in her visions she was willing to work for, this one was beginning to seem rather annoying.

What happened next though? Well he went on a tangent explaining what he'd seen of her. He was obviously clairvoyant as well. She'd also seen visions of herself in the future and also knew she was currently underdeveloped but it was not something she could fix on her own. She knew coming here would fix it one way or another but it still wasn't something she had intended to jump right into. "Ugh! If you really think I will eventually be that good of a sorceress one day, do you honestly think I'd be walking around cursed? No. Absolutely not!" she said seeming to find the whole thing outrageous. "Look, if you must know... I am just still in puberty. I haven't molted yet and there isn't a ton of information about Leviathans floating around outside of a set of lost islands I have no intention of going back to..." she said crossing her arms over her chest and seeming more than a bit annoyed with a pink face. "Sheesh, you'd think you would be a bit more cognizant of the situation considering..." she said tersely. "It's a sensitive subject and I am far from the only late bloomer around here..." Ah, still in puberty, Belris could understand that, she commiserated as well. Perhaps later they could talk about it over a drink or something. She could make a friend over such a thing. Meanwhile Orihime heard out that last bit and could help but speak about it. The girl would likely remain upset for the long term if nothing else. "Ano, this was once a problem where I was before, creatures with big souls getting trapped in their shells. You're a Leviathan, right? If you can find yourself a Dragon Tamer they could use the old words to force you to molt... if it's an issue," she said. "I assume I wasn't brought here for that though..." the busty woman spoke and both smaller girls crossed their arms over their chests. Defensive as ever but the words did ring true. Oh, Yamuraiha had seen this one before... she was a good person. No problems would arise between them. In the same moment Siduri would take back up the place at the side of Gilgamesh's throne. She did not seem at all upset but it was always interesting seeing these new acquisitions happen.

Page 142 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast