Page 143 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1773

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Ah, confidence was present in this one as well. She disregarded the thought of being such a great sorceress whilst being cursed to this midget-like state. Gilgamesh could count one more positive in her favor. "Hmph! If such folly belonged with you, there would be no better place to seek an answer," he explained. Apparently, Yamuraiha's issue was one of nature. She spoke of still being in puberty, which did not quite match the lifespan of Leviathans as Gilgamesh knew it. His eyes began to glow, doing so for quite some time before a Divine Gate appeared at his side. From said gate, there came a tome as thick as three clay tablets. Gilgamesh took said tome in hand, never averting his gaze from the tiny sorceress.

"Information is everywhere, including within you. Need a Leviathan seek information about its own nature from somewhere not itself? Any stagnation you suffer is your own doing," he said. That sly little comment about not being the "only late bloomer" around this area did not go unnoticed. Did this child think to prod his ire? She could just about succeed, but what Gilgamesh had to offer instead was sheer snark. "Nonsense. Of all who currently inhabit my Chaldea, you are presently the only... late bloomer, as you put it. Anyone else in these lands suffers an outside influence. None are so underdeveloped as the likes of you," he spoke, shifting his gaze to that book whose text was older than the world itself. During this time, Orihime stepped forward with a few choice words for the Leviathan.

Large souls and small bodies had not blended well since the age of Mystery in this world. Orihime was one who should understand the lack of true ability this Yamuraiha could offer, at least compared to her would-be potential. If she were to reach the capacity he'd seen in that vision, this current body would be snuffed out like a weak flame. More importantly, though... "No, none of that is related to my purpose of summoning you. This little one is still related to the call, as she should be capable of amplifying your current usefulness."

According to this man this was was the best to seek an answer and she could only scoff. "I suppose but where I was could have taken care of any curse not created by a god," she said having a pretty good idea that no gods would have cursed her in the slightest and knowing she was a good enough mage to win in a duel against most others. While she could have sought more information or even help, she knew the ways the world and knew it would be necessary to make some sort of offering to gain extra knowledge and she was not necessarily in the mood to be exploited.

What more did Gilgamesh have to say as he stared at the young girl. Information was everywhere even in her. He even claimed her stagnation was her own doing? What kind of skewed logic was that. "Oh yeah, definitely my own doing. I am not like every other girl in the world wondering when my body will catch up to the rest of me. I didn't just say that it's a sensitive subject and obviously one I work on as it obviously bothers me at least a little," she sighed. "I am also clairvoyant so I know I will get there eventually so I can focus on more important things. Except when random people seek me out and then call me a child like I am not already aware of what I look like," she stated. This girl was oddly sassy. Belris stood behind Siduri fighting the desire to nod her agreement. That being said she also knew Gilgamesh was kind of just the sort of person who rubbed people the wrong way even when his intentions were good.

At the same time there were better words from Orihime. A dragon tamer could force her to molt. That was interesting news... she wasn't aware such a problem existed in the pet type dragons that it would be necessary as a thing. Of course she knew of problems which could lead to different sorts of outcomes but her own problem wasn't one like that. 'He really just said I was underdeveloped. It's like he's trying to goad people into attacking him. When I was smaller I would have done it.' she thought. "Oh? Like a catalyst for forcing the body to enter the process even though it would not do so naturally. That is a pretty fair idea... admittedly not one I had considered but I did not consider I was that much of an animal either. Instinct and intelligence are often conflicting principles." she gave it a bit more thought and would hear out whatever other arguments were presented. She'd argued her dissertation at the age of 15, she was used to challenges of her thought processes. "If amplification is all that is necessary I can probably help regardless of my body's present limitations, I would need to know what I was aiming to amplify though..." she mentioned still not aware of why she'd been called here, but also having given only thought to the normal reasons people sought her help.

"That much is clear. Divine judgment remains a thing beyond even your mistress' purview, though, doesn't it?" he replied. He knew of the one who ruled her lands; he'd seen her in passing over a thousand years ago. Right now, he could see her still, suffering a lesser life than necessary due to a divine affliction of old. She seemed to be making the better of a bad hand, but she would have done even better without. What a shame.

This one didn't process how her underdeveloped stature was her own fault. Gilgamesh's eyes shifted between that book and her form, the latter of which he almost gazed upon judgmentally. She knew the reality of her own future self, but with that knowledge, she pushed her own betterment aside for... more important things. Clearly, she hadn't seen or thought about enough. "Fool!" the king shouted. "The most capable sorceress of this millennium, and you do not consider it a simple matter to create your own betterment? If your own fate bothers you so much, take fate by the groin and force its submission! One I have chosen to employ would not be so incompetent as to be bound by destiny. Your limitations are your own," he asserted.

As for the amplification of Orihime's ability, it was truly a... simple matter. What he needed first was Yamuraiha's ability to create and synergize─ something he'd seen her future, true self do on a grand scale without breaking a sweat. He required her for much more than that, though those things could come later. "The first task I have is for the betterment of Chaldea's information network. It will grow, becoming a source of information as well as entertainment. The core device shall store records, image and sound, to be delivered to all receiving devices across this world. The toughest times are past, but they will not be forever. The world must know joy when possible."

Did divine judgement remain outside of Medea's purview? Only just barely. Besides her own issues were already cleared up and she was content with her life as it was, raising her daughter and working on the mages college. The upper world did not need such a thing... the lower world however was full of growing minds and bodies in need of guidance. Perhaps this one did not understand that yet, he was after all only looking for the best either part of the world had to offer, he had no idea what it took to create such a thing. A smile crossed her face, among the random parts of the future she'd seen... she'd seen the necessity of Medea's placement in the world. A shrug left the young girl. "It's a work in progress, one slowed by my sudden relocation. Some people understand where they need to be to do what is best... and are willing to settle for what makes them happy. Divine judgement is not so much the problem in that case," she mused.

More words. Putting her own fate aside was a personal choice, going along with it was as well. But having clairvoyance even as a child meant that she was more prone to freaking out about things she saw until she understood them completely. Once upon a time, seeing such things would have had her turned over to a certain god as his oracle but her parents were kinder than that. The dropped the little one somewhere she would be safe from the destruction she'd witnessed with her own eyes. Even so, the words Gilgamesh spoke weren't wrong. "Ugh, you're like an annoying personal trainer. Anything I do from this point forward will simply be out of spite. I didn't sign up for motivational speech that led to spite." she stated. Still she understood his point and would take care of it herself when the moment struck.

Regardless the first task Gilgamesh had listed was one which made her brow raise. A boost to an information network which would allow entertainment to prosper in the world. What was more what he spoke of she basically had several of the pieces for already. The magic necessary to transmit was something she'd made up to setting students arguments. The object in question was one of her first inventions and could be modified to serve as a holder of such records, it would only require significant mana to run but up here that wasn't so much a problem. "I swear he just said he wanted me to help him invent magical tv. Though technically you would be in luck most of the pieces for such an undertaking would already be things I made or could modify to fit that exact purpose. The only thing left to work out would be the broadcasting part but... that's what you're for isn't it?" she said pointing to Orihime. Those eyes were sparking. She was a mage and inventor after all. Her preferences and interests aligned to such work regardless. Orihime nodded it was likely the truth of the matter though admittedly Gilgamesh could have been much less harsh. She believed he spoke to everyone this way as a way of testing them and so far all present had passed such an examination. 'He's really committed to the roleplay.' she thought absently.

Pointless dribble. This sorceress spoke of understanding what was best, where they needed to be, and so-on. Those words were beneath him. "Others do not have the luxury of falling in line and knowing not what could be. Those who are capable, should instead be the ones determining fate, not being shackled by it." As Gilgamesh saw it, one's best option when possible was to carve the future of their own choosing. As one who saw not certainties, but possibilities, he held himself to that standard. The queen of this Yamuraiha's current homeland could have benefited from doing the same, and so could the sorceress herself if she saw fit.

If this girl sought greatness just to spite him, it didn't matter. Either way, she'd be doing precisely as needed in the long-run. One way or another, all would fit the greater plan. It would begin with these broadcasts, and end with the greatest sorceress not born directly from Mystery itself. "Complete the task for whatever purpose you see fit, so long as it is done. When the people of this world have their entertainment, you are to begin work on what I have truly called you for. In time, I will need you capable of fending off threats─ divine and greater. You shall be the ultimate defense, greater than the gates of heaven themselves."

"Are you trying to make witches? Because that is how you make witches..." she offered her understanding of what breaking fate meant. The creation of witches were in general a good thing until they weren't, those who wanted to go against fate were fine, until going against fate endangered the whole of the world. She'd seen that too, but given he was also clairvoyant she had to assume that such was why he thought to do so. Combating bad witches with good witches was a pretty fair idea. Though she wouldn't have normally wanted to be included in such a thing... she couldn't call herself a high class mage if she backed away from challenges at the outset.

According to Gilgamesh she was free to complete his task regardless of the reasoning she had behind doing it. And only after that was finished would she begin work on what she was actually called here for. According to him, she'd eventually be needed to fend off threats of divine quality or greater and that he saw her doing such. Interesting, she knew why she was here as well and that was a pretty astute understanding. Regardless of his lack of communication skills she had already seen she'd enjoy her life here so she was content to work on the things that would lead to that eventuality. "Hai hai, two-ish days," she said having some idea of how long it would take to do what he asked regardless of the extra terms he needed taken care of in the meantime. "You, me..." she said to Orihime with a smile on her face. "Magical science and broadcasting symposium?" she asked with a smirk, which made Orihime nod. "Hai, we can use my room for this part if you like..." she offered an with that the two young women seemed to be apt to go on about their business. How strange. From Belris, standpoint these two people had a heated discussion with no real compromise met but somehow Yamuraiha did not seem like she was denying at all doing what he said nor did she seem like she even entertaining turning down his job offer. "People are strange..." Belris mentioned. "Of course they are... but they are also nice," mentioned Siduri. "They are. Unless I am needed for something else I'm going to..." she started to slip back into Siduri's shadow unless she was needed to perform some specific action by Gilgamesh. Regardless she seemed to be quite happy to be returning to her new place of comfort.

"Is that so?" he asked without a moment of hesitation. Breaking fate was a thing that created witches, but there was one problem with the notion itself. "You speak to Gilgamesh, who spits in the face of fate at every opportunity. Tell me, am I what you would call a witch?" he questioned further. Ah, but he wasn't quite done yet. All of this carried a specific message, and to throw out the term 'witch' was going against that narrative. "If going against fate is tantamount to becoming a witch, is one not simply following a path of destiny they were not aware of? Imagine a reality in which the world's established order is not the true limits of fate. The difference between those who see what is before them, those who see what is ahead of them, and those who see all that could be, is the difference between Hell, Earth and Heaven. Subvert your expectations, earthling, until you are willing to join the heavenly council."

Soon enough, Yamuraiha and Orihime were prepared to go about their business. Two-ish days, the sorceress said it would be. What was he to do while waiting that long? Well, perhaps he'd make a dent in those tablets. Yes... that was an excellent decision! He'd bury his face in a tablet, bask in the afterglow of his greatest triumph yet, and do some work unless needed.

Going against fate was how one got witches, of this there was certainty. For Yamuraiha this was something she'd witnessed, would she call him a witch though? "Hm, I suppose I wouldn't call you a witch but I doubt there is a word that properly applies... that one is currently the closest." Yamuraiha concluded. Moving on, she was apt to disappear with her new friend while doing some mad scientist type work. Belris wasn't called into being needed and slipped back into Siduri's shadow. And Gilgamesh went back to work as he always would.

Time would pass and one would find the Queen Artoria Pendragon lounging in a tub. She'd found a strange clawfoot one filled with waters that did not lose temperature and dropped her bath bomb into it. She'd drank several cups of coffee and ate a hearty breakfast. She'd amused herself and with Gilgamesh properly busy the waters of her bath rippled. She did not seem at all disturbed by this, considering soon afterwards at the other end of the bath rose a head of blonde hair and electric blue eyes. A face startlingly similar to hers sat across from her for several moments. "You seem nice and relaxed. How was it?" she asked seeming to find nothing wrong with her open-ended prying into her younger sister's sex life. Artoria's eyes narrowed and she splashed water towards her sister which did not reach. "I am not answering your questions," she commented which caused a huff from her sister. "Oi oi, I was there when you spoke your first words, took your first steps... I was even there the first times you killed..." she said her nose turned up in the air. "You cannot hide from me and avoid this conversation especially with your legs not working. I am living for these breaks where we chat so share!" she said succinctly. "Fuck, why do you always have to be like this?" Artoria slipped and Vivian laughed. "Well fine but I am not going to arbitrarily give information." Artoria admitted. Ah, that was about her way. Another known fact given that response was all those switches in personality had blended her a bit with her base personality. Given that information she prodded gently. Little questions to gain clarity. "You're a strawberry person aren't you? I figured you'd be~" Vivian mused. "I might be... that early explanation did not give me enough insight to fully understand," Artoria mentioned. "Oooh? Well tell me what kind of stuff you aren't sure about and I'll make sure you know what you need to classify your tastes." she said. There was no judgement from Vivian only a willingness to share information and help her have the best time possible. Once upon a time she'd been just as forthcoming with methods of killing and seemed to have no problem with her sisters murderous tendencies nor creativity. Perhaps this was always the best part of her relationship with her older sister, the boundary lines were always a bit skewed.

With so much work to be done, Gilgamesh knew there would hardly be an impact made even if he worked all day. Even so, he took delight in a certain new development. Of the first five tablets he viewed, two were in regards to irrigational work needs on the outskirts of Uruk. Ah! He had the perfect thing for dealing with them both, as well as any he came across in future! "Siduri, take note. There must be an announcement for the new waterways near the wall," he said casually, tossing two tablets aside as he did so. Sorting through so many tablets would remain tedious, but he'd taken a fair load off by recruiting that orange-haired woman.

While he continued sorting through things, another male stepped into the citadel's throne room. The man was tall with long, wavy black hair, bejeweled in a manner fitting of kings, and sported a white turban with three crimson feathers to match his robes. "Lugal!" the male spoke as he entered. Gilgamesh offered a modicum of attention, but his eyes never moved from the current tablet. "Shulgi. What business do you have? Speak," the king ordered, to which the other male responded with haste, and a bow. "I wish only to deliver a message, my king. I thought to leave it with Siduri, but I was not expecting your arrival. There seems to be someone on this realm in cahoots with some secret organization of the lower world. I have reports of a traveler escaping the guard of Kish some days ago, but it seems our esteemed Aga is keeping his lips sealed. . ."

Irrigation as a point of interest? New Waterways near the wall? That was likely going to have something to do with his newest acquistion, the last of the ocean-born serpents. That lass had use of waterways for some advanced methods of protection... no matter Siduri would keep note as always. "As you like, my King. I'll take note," It seemed there was something else to keep note of as well. A particular individual came and gave news of a certain escapee who had slipped out of the clutches of Aga of Kish. Many things could be thought of, but it would only be another note taken by Siduri on that tablet of hers as she kept track of all things which may be of future concern to the King.

While Gilgamesh busied himself with work, sibling bonding was in order for Artoria as her elder sister pried into her sex life in the same manner that she pried into all other aspects. Of course, in truth no form of Hoshimi Eri minded the company of any of her siblings and she and her older sister shared a close but very different bond than the one she shared with her younger sister. Though she was by her nature a very private person, she often found herself telling her older sister of all manner of things. To put it clearly, Hoshimi Rie knew of Eri's darkness and joy, so it made sense that she was here to know of this newfound one as well. "It is complicated," Artoria managed sipping coffee. "What constitutes spice when your life is violence?" she asked seemingly open-ended. "Hm, well it's okay to like whatever you do. Most things that could be considered violent fall into strawberry unless some very specific things are involved," she said carefully, of course it wouldn't be Hoshimi Rie if she did not reach for Artoria's coffee with her own hand. Artoria let it slip between her fingers knowing it was no use that key on the tub side was used to simply summon another cup. "I would have gotten you a cup you know..." she said frowning. "Yes, but you're already enjoying this one. I know it's good. No evasiveness, specifics what do you think is outside of strawberry for your sexual encounter?" Vivian confirmed. "Yeah, well..." Artoria was having trouble it was not the kind she normally had speaking with her sister, ah... she knew what it was. "It is kind of weird for me having a conversation with this face... can you, switch maybe?" she asked of her sister. A smirk crossed Vivan's face as she looked into the surface of the water. "For you... sure." and just like that she sat the cup down without taking a sip and sank down seeming to switch places with a silver haired version of herself. Doing so would cause a little shift in the atmosphere a bit of density came with this one's rise but that was no problem for Artoria. Severe as ever with those same electric blue eyes she seemed to lack the chipper aura of the other one but their faces were still similar. "Is that better?" she asked as she went back to drinking from her cup, a jagged black crown with blue gems across her brow and an air of calm her other self did not seem to possess. "Yes, actually. I know you are both my sister, but it is weird talking deviance to that face when I bonded better with this one... you are my Fae Princess after all," Artoria managed. "Oh stop it, you'll both make me happy and hurt my feelings~" mused Morgan.

With this face she felt more at ease and so she could continue the conversation at will. "I am not at all disinclined to having a hand upon my throat during these moments," Artoria confessed this would make Morgan smirk but only just a little. "As long as you are not rendered unconscious by the action strawberry," she said. This coffee really was good. "Wait people are made unconscious by that?" Artoria said her eyes widening? "Some people like to be choked until they are not awake. Not me but I have seen a great many things in these lives of mine." Morgan confessed. "Okay, I felt like that may have been the second strangest point. I need a minute to recover." Artoria managed sipping her own coffee. "Something smaller then you're unsure about..." questioned Morgan. "Hitting?" a singular word. "Open palm on the bottom, or thighs, vanilla. With some kind of tool which would leave a mark across flesh not always sexual... strawberry. Closed fist to the face, chocolate." Words being spoken made Artoria's head spin. Who was being choked out, punched in the face or some other such actually violent action during sex? She needed a moment to recover. "Oh, kicking will probably instantly make it chocolate. Not feet though... that one is strawberry depending on what you're doing with them." Morgan added seeming to take a bit of joy from the obvious distress finding out about other people's kinks was doing to Artoria.

Page 143 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast