Page 144 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1773

Thread: Finis Chaldea

"It comes as no surprise that Aga of Kish would keep silent about losing anything. He is only biding his time, likely with knowledge that any threat will be aimed my way. It would be his prerogative to take advantage the moment I begin to falter. To think, the fool actually believes that will be possible." Gilgamesh remained unfazed by this news. Aga would pose no threat to him in the grand scheme of things. Shulgi seemed shocked by the king's lack of concern, but... such was his way during these matters as of late. "I take it you aren't worried about finding the details?" Shulgi questioned.

It was at this moment that Gilgamesh finally peeled his gaze from the tablet. Was he concerned with the details? Absolutely not. He looked to Shulgi, his brow furrowed only slightly. There was no animosity in the king's tone as he spoke─ only truths. "There is nothing to fear from Aga. Let him keep his secrets, and let those who conspire do as they please. Until their plan is attempted, it is pointless to waste time on mongrels with no understanding of what they face."

It came as no surprise that Aga of Kish should be waiting to take advantage of any missing steps opened by Gilgamesh. As far as Siduri understood the situation that man was likely always waiting for the chance to take over these lands. She was surprised that he hadn't managed to do it while the king was on his great journey. She also knew for a fact, Artoria Pendragon had waited with untold glee at the idea of quelling a rebellion only to be met by none while she sat on the throne. Whatever was to happen because of a thief and the lack of action of Aga of Kish, she figured it would be punished rightly.

While Gilgamesh remained unconcerned with his situation, Artoria was perplexed by all the new revelations she was having while finding out her sexual interests were actually somewhat tame. "I am coming to realize that even after 10 days of nothing but sex, baths and food I may not be at all experienced enough to have this conversation," Artoria finally managed a hand palming her face. How was she supposed to take all this news. "Oh? Ten days of nothing but those things... how interesting. You know most creatures wouldn't go for more than a few hours... that's pretty excessive for a first experience~" Morgan couldn't help but tease a little bit, of course she now fully realized why her little sister was sitting in a tub. "Not that excessive is bad. You usually do not indulge I am happy you found something worth diving into~" she congratulated her sister, while still fishing for more details. She figured she'd be a bit stiff but she wouldn't be surprised at all of the girl's legs did not work. "Swears are also strawberry before you ask," she added in before Artoria opened her mouth again. "Did you..." Artoria started to ask. "I practically raised you both times. I need not use clairvoyance to know how much you swear when you are feeling~" Morgan seemed to be really enjoying that half cup of coffee she'd stolen from Artoria and the other lass in the meantime just leaned back more. "Fine fine... I do swear a lot but I cannot help it," Artoria seemed to be giving up.

"Yes, but admitting to that much isn't enough. What is this other extreme you are holding off on telling? Come on now, I'm the big sis around here, there is no reason we can't be almost completely transparent," she mused. "It is strange," Artoria mentioned. "I have seen some of the strangest parts of you and I am... worldly. Tell me." she pushed the point the way only a big sister could. And Artoria regressed into a little sister. Her index fingers touching gently over the waters surface as she began to speak in her overly vague way. "I may have held him at knifepoint and cut him a bit..." she said as if that wasn't exactly what happened. Morgan looked properly surprised for the first time in many years. "Alright that's a new one I will admit. I don't think I've ever cut a guy while I was having sex with him... was it fun?" she asked seemingly as a point of sheer curiosity. "Yes." That one word answer held a lot. "You are so cute when you are trying not to think too much about what you like..." she said to her younger sister. "I will tell you honestly there are way worse things in the world. That last one is a bit chocolate, but if you also weren't drinking blood or actually watching him die while he was inside you... it's only just over the line," she said. "There are some people who would die over that moment some who have enjoyed death as they finished, so... you are safe. I promise." Morgan helped to quell her younger sister's fears quite a bit and Artoria seemed to relax quite a bit. "Well as long as I am not the extreme.... wait a fucking minute. Did you just say people are dying, like mid-coitus? Who? Who does this?" she started ranting. "And who is using feet for violence during sex? What is happening in this world?!"

Indeed, neither Aga nor any of the other kings within Mesopotamia would be considered problematic by Gilgamesh. On any official record, he was just one of many kings across this land. In reality, however, all the others knew their place; they knew when to defer, and when to fear. One such as Aga of Kish would make a move one day, but that day would surely not be very soon. "If that is all, leave me. I have much business to attend, and if your concerns are not about Mahrajan, I do not care for them," Gilgamesh stated. Shulgi's head lowered as these words were spoken. There was never any convincing Uruk's king once his mind was set. Alas, this sort of scenario hadn't blown up in anyone's face just yet, so there was little to worry about. "I'll be on my way then. My king. Siduri." Acknowledging both officials present, Shulgi rose and turned to the exit, taking his leave for the time being.

If business wasn't concerning Mahrajan, the King of Uruk was not interested in the discussion. Shulgi had done the principle right thing and tried to communicate a coming threat but with Gilgamesh being himself there were very few things he would have considered a proper threat regardless. Siduri could at least acknowledge that he tried, but warnings given even if they weren't heeded were at least heard, that was what was important. He bid farewell to the King and Siduri as well, "Farewell Shulgi." Siduri was at least always polite as well. And with that work would continue on.

Meanwhile, Morgan watched as her younger sister slow processed some information and switched straight to outrage. She supposed having been a virgin with no real ideas about sex less than a fortnight prior might have left a lot up to the imagination. But Morgan also told no lies, she'd been witness to several visions of people enjoying such things as what she mentioned. "Most of the more horrendous examples are things enjoyed by that errant former goddess who has taken a grand disliking to you. I caught sight of her with a boot on her face not too long ago and she was happy about it..." Morgan said finishing her coffee. "I... do not have words..." Artoria managed falling back. Given what she'd just learned there was literally nothing on her current list of experiences which she could even bring herself to feel shame for committing to. She'd barely felt anything other than odd to start with. "Yes, there are some strange lines of thought floating around, but it's nothing to worry about. You are doing just fine," she mentioned to Artoria. "Yeah yeah..." said Artoria who seemed to have finished her coffee cup and sat it to the side to sink lower in the water. "Speaking of oddities. I have been meaning to ask but why does Mordred believe I am their father?" she asked seemingly randomly. Morgan managed to look up and only chuckle. "She asked and was told that her father was King Arthur. It just so happens that she unaware of the existence of the second one..." Morgan mentioned. Artoria looked at her sister and her brows furrowed. That was a truthful statement but it was also from the outside obviously manipulative. "Sou ka, another strange girl. Lancelot is going to have a seizure," Artoria stated calmly. "So did you traumatize Kei or did you do something weird?" Artoria asked calmly. "Yes. I was in a bit of a rush, life is complicated... that issue will be cleared up eventually..." she stated calmly. "That was a much better diversion than your usual ones by the way... but you know I have no problems telling you the truth about such things, Eri..." she mentioned with a knowing smile. "I want only what is absolutely best for all of us... even if things have to get a bit strange in the middle to make it happen," she said. All of these words were honest. If Eri was being honest, she'd always held a bit of hidden animosity towards her elder sister. That gentle itch one had when around someone who was as good at things as you were, competitive spirit and the simple edge of never really knowing if she was being actively manipulated or not. But in moments like these she could see clearly her sister and her intentions were always pure, it was simply her actions that seemed to wavier from time to time. "Sou ka. Carry on then... and what happened to Merlin?" asked Artoria seeming to have made a jump in her thought pattern. "Uh... that is a long story," Morgan said seeming to find it interesting. "I obviously have time..." Artoria mentioned and as such their conversation would continue. Until such a time as they separated and hours passed between them. She'd remained in a bath quite a long while but eventually she exited and wrapped herself in one crimson sheet from the bed not bothering with clothing knowing she'd get back into bed soon enough. But, until such a time as she felt like sleeping she wondered over many options of things to do... like a particularly fun activity. One holy grail filled with divine wine later and near the later hours of the evening Artoria Pendragon would be seen sitting in bed, throwing darts at a few boards set up at different vantage points around the room.

Gilgamesh's work continued until it became tiresome. Interestingly enough, he found himself more easily capable of abandoning the workload this day. There was something worth returning to, not just more piles of tablets to view for days on end, nor more projects to do little more than distract from the mundane. That daft old king had reason to be excited. Mahrajan itself was an exciting event, but it was just another thing for the people at large. What he awaited was something far more imperative to his own being... something unique, something exclusive... something he'd be found approaching in his own bedchambers after far too long away. . .

Something... he found throwing darts at an array of targets scattered about the room. What? He left her with every conceivable object throughout all time in this world and the next, and she was... in bed, throwing darts? "..." There were words to be spoken... somewhere in his head. Sadly, they never made it to his mouth. Lips parted, forefinger and thumb pinched the bridge of his nose, and he remained unquestionably baffled. "I hadn't thought to anticipate a single thing. But, this? What an interesting turn of events, to see the Queen of Knights taking up target practice as entertainment. One wonders how many things you've been through before reaching this."

Gilgamesh left the tablets where they were after making something of an impact upon them. Siduri in all her moments of being here, had not seen him simply abandon the stack before except only a few times. A brief moment or two that he wished to share with the Queen of Knights, like being there when she woke from her rest after their first dinner. Siduri could only smile to herself about a much healthier development in lifestyle. The King took much work unto himself and as such, seeing him also take time for himself and his queen was an important personality development.

Surprisingly enough, Artoria was casually drinking and aiming at various dart boards. After finding out that her aim had not waned at all, she'd taking to performing several 'trick shots' as it were. Throwing a dart or three to change the trajectory of one and make it find its home elsewhere. All of them dead center on the target. She'd been amusing herself in such a way until of course, Gilgamesh entered. Such a shot was being performed as he stood seemingly in awe of what he found her doing. She'd thrown a dart forward and followed it immediately with another making it spin once allowing it to fly with straight aim into the left most dartboard once again dead center. "Back so soon, Gil?" she questioned seeming content to stop throwing darts for a moment and instead she simply sat up a bit straighter, that crimson colored sheet wrapped around her form as she casually drank. "Before this I had a very long bath and an hours long chat with the Fae Princess about the current trajectory of our lives. As I always do after trying something new..." she recounted her day as if it made no difference to her what she'd been doing. As for her choice in activity she could only scoff. "This is my first choice after that and wine," she said with a small smirk appearing on her face. "It is one of my favorite solo activities, I would not consider it target practice though... it is more of a hobby. Why does this perplex you?"

The eyes of Gilgamesh remained open, tracking the movement of two darts as their collision caused one to reach its target. He reached out while the primary dart lodged itself in said target, snatching the other from the air after its ricochet. As he did so, Artoria questioned the speed of his return. Had he returned soon? By his own count, he'd been gone for many, many hours. No matter. He stepped further into the room, toying with that single dart in one hand. A quick inspection of each target littering the area occurred, but Gilgamesh's focus kept returning to the crimson sheet-clad woman sat atop his bed. "The Madonna paid a visit, did she? Surely one such as her would be wondering how you survived the greatest siege this world has ever known. The walls of Camelot and Uruk combined were bested in this very room. Take pride, for it was you who molded the clay."

A bath, a conversation about life, wine, and... casual sport. Such an interesting combination of things was chosen by the woman with access to all things. Moreover, she rejected the idea of this being called target practice. "If not for practice, then what is the purpose? Is this sport with no audience? Confirmation of ability not lost to time? I must admit to my own bemusement, that you would retrieve such menial things from my treasury. The last woman I even entertained the thought of believed she was entitled to everything within it."

What an interestingly casual conversation taking place between the two of them. Gilgamesh, managed to grab one of her darts from the air, the secondary one discarded to get the first one to its home. Still, it was rather interesting to see that amount of dexterity, especially when she knew the true uses of such dexterity. That thought would be buried with only a gentle shifting of her legs to show it'd even crossed her mind. "She did not question my survival, only my feelings... Though she harbored a great curiosity about the endeavor, they were the kinds of questions she always asked when I enjoy something. She claimed that was her duty as the 'big sis' as she so casually puts it," she said with a smirk on her face. "And in exchange I received the knowledge of my missing court mage... our chats are always fun," she said of her day spent idling in the care of her elder sister. Whether or not she held any idea of pride at the action, Artoria could only scoff and continue to drink absently though nothing would hide the blush which crossed her face.

Moving on from that there was the issue of her chosen activity. Gilgamesh apparently did not understand why she chose such a game as this one, and beyond that point mentioned that his previously entertained thought of a woman had been the entitled type. What an interesting admission. A smile crossed Artoria's face and it was more or less a knowing smirk. "There is no sport without audience. This is a matter of fun. A fondness created by memories. Besides it allows me to play with projectiles which are my favored type of weapon..." she said. "If my legs were working I would have just as easily chosen a game of pool." she stated knowing how her mind worked when she was alone, and all of the 'seedy' behaviors she'd developed to help her along with her job that she took joy in. "So more or less, it is a matter of sentimentality." Her words were casual like she was having a very reasonable conversation and to her she was, she sipped wine her eyes now on Gilgamesh. "Strange though, that you find this befuddling. I figured most would search out things in a normal order: necessity, fondness, then imagination. To believe oneself entitled to everything, is an interesting stance to take. Was that a part of your changed line of thinking or did a different red flag unsettle that line of thought?" she asked a question as a matter of curiosity. She'd never entertained the thought of men in general, but she understood how and why they ended up being abused by women. The situation Gilgamesh spoke of including entitlement was a key factor of manipulative and toxic people.

The Fae woman was an interesting individual indeed─ a strange comrade to Gilgamesh's in an equally strange way. She was one who could more easily delve into the emotional state of Artoria Pendragon, or even Hoshimi Eri. Odd though, Gilgamesh himself had yet to truly cross that threshold. "H'oh? So, if it is a proper answer to your emotions I seek, it should be her I go looking for? One should keep that in mind," he said in a tone of mocking. After all, it would be his duty as a husband to meddle in her family affairs, no?

As Artoria carried on with her speech, Gilgamesh continued moving forward. He noted an interesting fixation with his fiddling for a moment, but gave it nothing more than a brief smirk as acknowledgement. Soon, he was taking a seat at the edge of this new bed inhabited by Artoria. He faced outward, continuing to twirl that dart around between his fore and middle fingers. "Fun? Sentiment? How droll," he mused. Gilgamesh had always been one to discover fun only in luxury; something so simple as this was far beneath his radar. He also hadn't a clue what this pool thing was; Artoria clearly wasn't talking about a place of swimming. "How does one find entertainment in something so simplistic? The sense of it all is admittedly beyond me," he stated.

Moving on, there was a question in place regarding his previous... almost involvement. What caused his rejection of the wretched goddess he spoke of? There were enough factors at play to require some thought, though... perhaps he was best explaining even the factors themselves. "Hmph. I'm sure you've heard of the first rejection. I was but a young man, still seeking glory. If not for the history of Ishtar and my own confidence, accepting her offer would have been an easy path to prosperity. But, there was a second... opportunity presented by the goddess. Following my first series of failures, I was confronted once more. I sometimes see how I would have responded, had I not already resolved myself to grasp a greater future. Alternate paths can be the most disgusting things to witness at times." He was beginning to ramble, but he wasn't quite done. More was to come, and it was perhaps among the last things he would normally admit. "There was one other reason... just one. That second time, I gazed upon the goddess who took my everything from me, who forced upon me a long journey in mourning, and I saw not a goddess. What I saw that day, was my own reflection clear as the moon on the lake's surface... and I found it repulsive."

It seemed Gilgamesh was apt to jest in a moment like this. Claiming he should seek her sister when he looked for answers to her emotional status. "I suppose, she is also fairly good at interpreting the difference between my words and actions. Though you do not seem to need any such assistance... and the Fae give away nothing, not even answers~" she teased gently. Whether this man spoke to her sister or not was no concern of hers. In truth Hoshimi Rie, could be called, Eri's emotional handler. She was always there at points of great change in the girl's life and always managed to make herself available when Eri had questions, comments or a general need to vent. Rie was also the one to encourage her behaviors which could have been seen as negative but brought her great joy. Strange and helpful was the eldest of the Hoshimi.

Apparently, the idea of committing to an activity for sentiment or fun did not register in the mind of Gilgamesh. Never was it made more clear to her than in a moment like this how few memories he had to have of anything normal. It was beyond him to understand how something so simple could be fun... this man was so content to tell her she'd not lived her life... in words like that she'd found him lacking in his. She might have immediately said something like that but, she'd found herself watching his twirling fingers. Sipping wine out of her grail with wide eyes. "Playing a game like this while drinking, conversing with friends, placing a wager and winning, making memories. The reasons for fondness are compound, Gil." she explained. "I once used this game as a way to extract information from someone before killing them with a dart... It is one of my fondest memories." she smirked then seeming to find it amusing as a thought. It was a simple game but the memories were at least partially why people enjoyed simple things like this. If she was missing out on womanhood by not being interested in sex, he was missing out on humanity by not having ever experienced simplicity.

Most of their conversations went strangely, now that Artoria was thinking about it. Just as easily as they playfully argued and teased each other, they fell into conversations that had a more serious tone and quality without need of transition. Artoria carefully listened to what Gilgamesh had to say. She gave him her full attention as he sat at the edge of his bed. Though his gentle explanations and his rambling he came to several important points which clarified his dispositional changes, specifically in how that was reflected in his choice in women. Ah, this was all quite heavy but Artoria let him speak uninterrupted, because she knew how important that was to putting all of one's thoughts out. Still she stared at the side of his face and felt strangely. There was nothing negative to be thought of these revelations... but she could not quite pin what it was she felt. Aloud she had something different to say. "I do not envy you the things you see... but I can respect any decision made as one overcomes their own tripe," she said seeming to understand. "Those details were previously unknown to me," she stated as she sipped more wine. Both her older and younger sister would agree that tough talks needed indulgence to lighten the blow. Wine, pudding, ice cream... a solid cry.

Page 144 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast