Page 145 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1773

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Interesting. Gilgamesh was offered no resistance to the idea of confronting Artoria's elder sister. Interestingly enough, that confrontation was nothing he would actually seek out. True, he didn't need to collect such information when considering his own ability to discern, though there was much more to it. "I need nothing from the Fae. I will accept word of your emotional state, only when your lips are the ones singing the song," he insisted, certain that no other's take would be of use to him.

Artoria spoke of the pleasures connected to this simple game. Drinking, gambling and... friends, she spoke of. Well, no wonder the entertainment value evaded him. It was no secret that only one could call themselves the friend of Gilgamesh; such had always been the case. "Camaraderie is something held in high regards by many, but not by me. The peerless do not have a notion of friendship, and the one who counted as such for me is long gone. I seek a different sort of glee," Gilgamesh explained. He didn't appear entirely opposed to the idea, though. Perhaps Artoria alone finding entertainment in these miniscule things was worth, at the very least, some consideration.

Ah, but discussions would take a turn as they always did. The dark became lighthearted, but this conversation was the opposite. Artoria never knew the finer details of his dealings with Ishtar, nor did she ever have a reason to know them. So many stories were never told in their entirety. In fact, that second dealing with Ishtar was likely not recorded at all. There was also another. . . "Few know the nuances. I've seen little point to having most of those times written─ particularly that farce of an event in Irkalla. The world may know of Ishtar's felling; few other things are of importance to history."

Gilgamesh claimed to need nothing from the Fae. He'd apparently rather hear of her emotional state from her own mouth and in her own words. That caused a warm feeling to well up in her chest. Or maybe... it was just the wine. Regardless her face flushed as well and she managed to look sheepish for just a moment. "As you like..." she said almost curtly. Oh, that was essentially her original self telling him to do what he wanted. She was truly flustered in a moment like this wasn't she? Yes, she was definitely flustered even though he hadn't said much at all. Strange that was a recurring problem.

Moving on from that point, Gilgamesh claimed he did not hold camaraderie in high esteem. That he was peerless and the only person he counted as a peer was long gone. Artoria looked at this man seeming to find his words strangely full for what they were. He sought a different type of joy now, she understood that, but she could not say she agree with his earliest phrasing. "But, if your singular peer cannot be replaced, does that not mean you hold camaraderie in the highest possible esteem?" she asked that question rhetorically only to sip wine in the aftermath. "Irrespective of your answer there are many simple things which could be fun... if you are interested we can play. I am not your friend and rivalry is much easier for me to understand than friendship anyway..." Artoria said with a cheeky smirk coming to her face. There were many games to be played which could be a matter of claiming victory over one another. If he did not wish to replace his singular comrade, he could instead gain her as his rival in simple entertainment...

In the darker part of their conversation, it seemed that Gilgamesh did not see the point in having Ishtar's multiple appearances recorded for posterity. He talked of a second reckoning in Irkalla, Artoria remembered that from her time spent in charge of his great city. Upon their first meeting after her country was kidnapped they talked briefly about this horrendous woman and her inability to quiet herself. "Oh right. You did mention she went there while you were there as well," Artoria said seeming to give it a bit of extra thought. "If my knowledge of her actions are correct, that one might actually be really stupid," she said seeming to think the endeavors of Ishtar were nonsensical at best. "I cannot say if it is or is not necessary, but I imagine none of her various trips which are not listed play out very different from the ones which were written," she said carefully. The lack of creativity in that woman was higher than most should allow. Artoria, no. Hoshimi Eri hated the idea of repeating the details of kills she could not imagine going to the same place to try and get a different answer in the same way.

Consent presented itself without fail, yet with a flustered expression Gilgamesh didn't even need to confirm the existence of. A blind man could have seen the redness of Artoria's face from the tone of her voice alone. It had become such a standard reaction while she was in his company, he thought to address it in a peculiar way. "With your love of creating entire identities for yourself, perhaps you should take all that fluster and make one of it. Surely it would pose no issue," he joked.

Gilgamesh's views on camaraderie were addressed in the strangest fashion. Artoria supposed he viewed camaraderie in higher esteem, not lower. Given her explanation, he offered the notion a bit more thought and... laughed in the end. "Perhaps you are right. I suppose the impossible is, most often, the most incredible," he asserted in the end. The sheet-clad woman had an assertion to make as well─ an offer of rivalry in trivial sport. To that, he scoffed, though remnants of laughter remained present. "You are a fool on multiple counts. Rivalry and friendship may be one and the same, Artoria Pendragon. Regardless, it is not me you should seek rivalry with. I do not lose."

Whenever Ishtar became a topic of conversation, the only joy to be found would always be making fun of her incapability. Yes, Gilgamesh recalled that time in the underworld. That visit actually gave him reason to appreciate Ishtar's existence, if only for one moment and one purpose. "I shall tell you. I arrived in Irkalla, knowing not how I would escape─ only that I would escape. I began two searches in that time. One, you know of; the other was for the yet lost soul of my dear friend. I scoured the depths of Kur, and in the deepest reaches found nothing but the most damned. Ishtar appeared, offering me an escape route in exchange for my acceptance of her." The story paused briefly there, as Gilgamesh's next thought could only be accompanied by laughter when recalled. "The fool told me how her previous escape was made immediately! I offered her reprieve as remuneration. Naturally, the whore goddess took exception to being ignored. So, what was there to do? I was in the depths of Kur, where those scorned by Ishtar herself lay dormant... and recently made a Judge of the Anunnaki. Some cages were opened─ all of them. Seven years Ishtar spent under the presumed promise of receiving me. For seven years, Ishtar was subjected to the desire she birthed within her followers. She did receive my own divine tool in the end, of course," he concluded, albeit with an air of amusement that spoke lightly of misinformation.

Gilgamesh addressed the flushing face of Artoria in a very interesting way. Apparently, she should consider making an identity of the constant reddening visage she possessed. His joke was heard and received and to go along with it a cheeky smirk crossed her face. "Maybe I will. Then my face will not change while you talk to me~" she chimed in how she would abuse such a thing. Actually, if she could get her reactions to him under her own control again that would be most beneficial but she was not too serious about such a course of action.

Whatever the case, Gilgamesh was apparently willing to accept the idea that he held the notion of camaraderie in high esteem. Though he apparently thought Artoria foolish for offering a rivalry of any kind. According to the man in question he did not lost and she could do nothing but chuckle in the aftermath of such a statement. "I did not seek rivalry with you Gil, you placed yourself in front of me like a barricade. And continue to stand unmoving when you say things like you do not lose. So much sweeter is the victory when it is deemed impossible..." she said seeming to be amused. "Rivalry and friendship are day and night, their likeness is only a matter of dependency~" she noted seeming to be fine. "Play or do not, that choice is yours... but you will not find interest by just twiddling your thumbs."

Apparently talk of Ishtar would lead them down an interesting path. Gilgamesh would apparently share the details of his underworld trip, along with the former goddess' actions during that time period. He searched for two things, knowing only that he would eventually escape, one of them was the answer to Artoria's death. She knew that one he'd told her of this search when he'd come out of the underworld. The other thing he'd looked for? His friend, Enkidu. As she heard this part Artoria's expression softened ever so gently. Strange though it was, she respected the friendship of Gilgamesh and Enkidu, and understood that he was heartbroken about that being's demise. This tale of Ishtar was quite frankly one of the dumbest moment's she'd ever heard of an individual undertaking. She wanted Gilgamesh to accept her in exchange for his way out of the underworld. She told him the information he was looking for without prompting and then refused the offering of her continued existence because she felt ignored. "Haha---" Artoria covered her mouth she had to stifle that one lest she not hear the rest. A gentle cough cleared her throat and then there was everything else. The question that popped into Artoria's mind after hearing Gilgamesh's word, was a question the goddess herself should have asked. "Which Divine Tool?" that was a simple enough question one of great concern. This man could have offered her a weapon, or used it in some shady way. "I should say that I have heard some rather interesting things about that one. I know this did not go the way she wanted and I am sure there is some hidden implication behind those words that she was too hasty to seek proper clarification for," Artoria said seeming to take new issue with the Goddess. That same woman had brashly attacked her when she'd had no interest in Gilgamesh and had the audacity to send untrained, untested men to her bedside. What did she feel knowing the goddess was made to pay up with her body for all the promises she'd made? Notthing. As far as she was concerned, Ishtar had lost all ability to claim the defense of a girl the moment she violated the social circle of womanhood.

"Then I will simply find another way to contort your visage," Gilgamesh insisted, knowing the changes to Artoria's expression were among the greatest sights between this world and the next. Even if her face became permanently reddened, his greatest accomplishment would be making it turn brighter still. Meanwhile, apparently Artoria's crowning achievement would be tasting the sweetness of an impossible victory. She also proclaimed a difference between friendship and rivalry, but he couldn't disagree more. "An attitude like that is what I aim to breed within those I've employed of late. Against me, however, overcoming the impossible is not a matter of resolve. If I were to play this game of yours, you would understand... and probably throw around your accusations of cheating again. Establish a board if you are so content to experience failure."

The tale of Gilgamesh and Ishtar was quite the long one overall, and in truth, it wasn't near complete just yet. Regardless, he could never be too worried about what the former goddess did, considering how utterly foolish her every attempt had been thus far. How moronic was she? When Gilgamesh spoke of delivering his divine tool, Artoria herself quickly came to question which one. That... that was the proper question, wasn't it? Ishtar was far too consumed by her own desires; she'd never have considered anything but the ideal outcome in her own mind. "Fuhaha!" the king laughed when asked for specification. Artoria was right. Things didn't go according to Ishtar's desire, and there was every intention of being misleading with the offer he gave. Even so, it wasn't as if he'd lied. "The most effective one, of course. On hand and knee, the goddess so brazenly begged her golden king for penetration by his golden rod. Magnanimous as I am, I answered the call. I even told her a wonderful bedtime story as she wailed from the shredding of her own rectum. It didn't take very long for the winds of creation to drown out the screams, as I recall─"

"Of course that would be your response," she said scoffing. If Artoria could keep her visage she would do so without question. Of course, she also realized that Gilgamesh took unseen amounts of joy from teasing her when she reacted to his antics. She supposed while they were alone at least she had no problems with this, so she'd leave him to his amusements. Speaking of being left to amusement, it would seem that Gilgamesh liked the attitude that Artoria presented in reference specifically to those who worked for him, but he did not like the odds of her winning a match against him in any way. "I will likely call you a cheat, but that is part of the fun. And it is not like I set myself up for failure. Besides if you could not hit a target as someone who has the ability to be classed as an archer I would be quite disappointed," Artoria said these words and meant them. In the moment she reached for that key she'd been given and reset her little course. This time she put up a couple of different dart boards around the room at various angles and between them there are now a couple of piles of darts between them as well. "So, after you..." she said with a smile on her face.

As for the story, it would appear that the goddess did not ask the right question at all. A laugh came from Gilgamesh before he explained that he was begged for his tool by a woman on all fours only to be supplied with... Ea. Her body ripped to shreds which she asked for technically. The Queen of Knights had her eyes widen greatly. She'd killed hundreds, of people in various ways over the course of her life as an assassin. The amount that Hoshimi Eri liked killing would show itself in a moment like this. "That... sounds like it was epic!" she seemed really excited. Imagine shoving the spinning winds of creation into someone's body and ripping them apart with them. She'd killed a great number of people in a great number of ways. She could not contain her questions. "How was it? Did she explode or just get ripped to shreds? It seems like an explosion like that should have been massive but... it also could have been rather compact..." Right. Hoshimi Eri was a person who liked violence, in fact she really enjoyed watching Enki die as well.

"It is hardly a likelihood, but instead a certainty. Hubris is not the reason I claim victory preemptively." It remained Artoria's intention to have this little game take place. She even took up his key again for the sake of resetting the targets around the room. There were two sets of darts between parties, so Gilgamesh took a full pile into his hand. Where were all of the boards? He didn't seem to have looked properly, nor was he doing so now. A flick of his thumb sent one dart over the king's shoulder, and eventually into the precise center of a board behind him.

In the meantime, the fingers of Gilgamesh's free hand snapped. Artoria seemed so excited by the murder of Ishtar, he thought to show her directly. Just off the edge of the bed, there was soon a basin filled with a very strange, silvery, cloudy light. It looked as if light had been made liquid, or wind had been made solid. A wisp of that same substance would bridge the space between Gilgamesh's temple and forefinger, moving from former to latter until it coalesced. "I suppose it was a very enjoyable scene. Excited as you are, I would be remiss to not share the experience with you. Here," he said as the light at his fingertip was placed in the basin. "Sorcerers would use wands to use the Pensieve. Useless. Bury your face in it, and this memory you will see not through a filter, but as if you were present. I will allow nothing less."

According to Gilgamesh himself it was not hubris that led him to make claims of his victory. He knew for a fact Artoria would call him a cheat and he would win. Artoria couldn't keep the smirk from her face, this man was utterly ridiculous. That smirk turned to shock when a simple thumb flick landed him a perfect shit on a target, he'd not even turned his gaze towards. "You are showing off, Gil... hubris or not that is what you are always doing~" she decided in the moment. Of course, this would not stop her from throwing a single dart in front of her in an arc that curved right. There were no targets directly in front of either of them, instead all targets were gently shifting around just outside of their lines of sight. Hers also hit the same target he aimed for by that logic, right beside his, both darts vying for the center. This was going to be a long game. But there was more to it than that...

An object was soon summoned and she was being offered the chance to witness for herself the demise of Ishtar which she was admittedly rather excited about. According to him it would be something she could witness directly if he removed said memory from his mind without the use of something like a wand. "Oh?!" she gasped. Well, she had to see it didn't she? Of course she did. She sat down her goblet and shifted around the bed, crawling over to the edge in a surprisingly agile way. She touched nothing upon it but made her way to the edge just the same. Perhaps she was quite used to random items occupying her bed space. Regardless, she did what was recommended and fell headlong into the memory. From there she stood wrapped in a sheet witnessing what was supposed to be a goddess begging for a tool she claimed to be worthy of and then receiving in her rear Ea for her hubris. Strange, this one did not seem to have a problem until the winds kicked up. Oh, and they did...pure agony spread across her face as she realized death was upon her and the winds themselves did indeed drown out the scream. And then there was desolation. So it was both small and big as an explosion. Interesting. Artoria's eyes were sparkling in a moment like this it truly was a death of epic proportions. As the memory faded she'd find herself sitting at the edge of the bed looking into the basin. "Hehehe-hahahaha!~" that same melodic laughter which seemed just the wrong side of sane escaped Artoria as she sat at the edge of the bed. "That really was epic. I did not expect anyone to actually be so stupid... but the explosion was huge but also very small... it was a masterpiece!" Artoria spoke in her proper way but those words were like the more polite version of those belonging to Hoshimi Eri. They were the types shared between the elder of the Hoshimi when discussing methodology of assassination. The were pure, terrifying in some ways but also honest.

It was alleged that Gilgamesh was only showing off, as he always was. All he did was hit the marker without looking; it was hardly something worthy of note. "It is not showing off if it comes as easily as breathing. My capacity is far above the norm; that is all there is to it," he said, observing as Artoria aimed for the very same board his dart was lodged in. That was a rather direct challenge─ one that would be answered momentarily. First though, there was to be a viewing of his memory.

Just as both parties anticipated, Artoria was highly amused by... potentially Ishtar's greatest moment. Gilgamesh was rather fond of that memory as well; few things were more satisfying than easily fooling and felling that detestable goddess. She called the kill a masterpiece. He agreed, naturally, but it was ever so satisfying for another to appreciate Ishtar's demise in a similar fashion. "It is to be expected that you'd see the beauty of it. When I thrust my blade into her, I thought it... poetic justice, in a sense. Whenever the harlot herself returns, as she always will eventually, we must make an event of ruining her again as a unit," he mused. There was much joy in planning to continue paying Ishtar back for all she'd done, and all she would eventually attempt again. Just as joyous though, was another thing he had planned. Another dart was launched as an answer to Artoria's challenge. His second toss was casual as ever, and landed the dart directly in the backside of Artoria's first throw.

His capacity was far above the norm, he claimed. She was more than well aware of that, "That is exactly what it is to show off," Artoria said scoffing. Of course, if he'd always been like this, it was no wonder he did not know the joys of simplicity. He could not enjoy things that were not challenging nor would he ever really understand why people like her enjoyed things like this. She had a high level of skill but that was a matter of practice. Turning practice into practical usage made her feel warm and fuzzy inside, but she also enjoyed being around him. Not that she'd be mentioning that any time soon.

Moving on from that point for just a moment. There was the matter of her look into his memories. When she'd emerged she'd expressed an excitement for what she'd witnessed and Gilgamesh to his credit described the act as poetic justice. Artoria could only nod her head in understanding. What was more, he made an offer, that the next time Ishtar returned they should kill her as a pair. Hoshimi Eri was a solo killer for the most part, but even she could see the absolute devastation that could come with the pair of them finding a way to end the life of the former goddess. She would agree immediately and more easily than she'd previously agreed to anything. "Yes, a thousand times over. I am absolutely committed to such an idea!" Strange though it was, her eyes shifted back to their game and with it came a scoff. 'He really knows how to push my buttons,' she had this thought, but instead of immediately retaliating she reached for her cup and settled back into bed. She'd sip from her cup as if completely unperturbed before throwing another dart. This one curved as well, landing directly beneath the one most recently thrown by Gilgamesh in the same area.

Page 145 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast