Page 20 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Indeed, catching would not be necessary at all. Vimana, as it was called, was one of Gilgamesh's favored transportation devices, and the fastest he had access to as well. Merely being atop the ark was enough to guarantee one's safety during travel, however, as there was no time for resistance to take effect. Vimana moved at the speed of thought at its maximum, so the moment they were situated, they were already positioned in the sky above the country of Egypt. Multiple pyramids of massive quality could be seen in the distance, but directly beneath them was the major city with an elevated, temple-like pyramid at its center. This was their goal, and this was also the end of the line for Gilgamesh. Disinterest was forcibly painted on his face as he looked over what appeared to be a mockery of his own ziggurat, but... one of those pharaohs was a person he surprisingly managed to get along with. He could say nothing truly negative about those two Rulers inhabiting the space so close to his own country. "Egypt is below. Go now. Inform the Pharaohs that I have found their first major contribution to Chaldea, and lead him to your lands. Here; I will allow this to work for you," he said, sending that map of his floating toward Jeanne, that she might deliver the leaders of Egypt to the proper location. Strangely, his flying contraption had not yet lowered to any reasonable distance from the ground. . .

Just as fast as they had boarded they were suddenly over a completely different place. Artoria looked down over the edge and had something of a small smirk appear on her face. She was planning to jump regardless of any offers made to her. After all, she'd already agreed to only draw her sword for the purpose of fighting off a potential danger, so she had to have some fun somewhere. Well, besides watching that rather cute child tell the story of Gilgamesh. She thought a bit more about Gilgamesh in the moment sparing him a glance for just a moment. She decided a little while ago she wanted to fight him again, not quite so maliciously but simply because her victory didn't sit right with her. Was now the time for it though... maybe she'd mention it on their return trip, one they'd definitely be taking given what her younger sister was like. "I am going ahead..." she said to her younger sister's surprise. "We're so high up! Don't do anything rash," she explained seemingly shocked by her sister's behavior. "Do not worry, Emi. I will catch you..." she said. A gentle arm crossed over her chest, as she looked towards Gilgamesh, she was on the job after all. And then, she casually flipped over the edge of the ship. Now what? Well, Gilgamesh handed over a certain tablet and some instructions for the Pharaohs, which made her nod her understanding. "Thank you. We'll be back when everything is done to help out properly..." she said in response. About this height she didn't seem to be worried. "I could have given us wings you know..." she mumbled. A silent prayer caused a pair of energy based wings to sprout from her back and she floated off gently unlike her sister who'd just landed with a fist to the ground and a smile on her face. Strange was this one but she supposed they were on their way to see some new people too.

At the same time, Ishtar was pacing about in her temple. She was stuck there, like a grounded child... how annoying. Regardless she still had her crystal ball, and was content to watch Gilgamesh as she pined over him. Why was he being so nice to these two? She didn't like that at all. And what was this about an offer to the man in a blue dress? She'd missed something hadn't she? Obviously, it was time to go back and look in more detail at this holy grail war she'd not really paid attention to.

"Hmph." This utterance was all Gilgamesh had to offer the pair as they departed. One took the initiative and jumped from the ark─ what an interesting development. Frankly, he fully intended to see them jump anyway. After all, any inability to take a leap of this magnitude was not very conducive to living so high above the planet. Seeing the nonchalant leap of Artoria Pendragon, he determined that she would survive this plane with ease. Now then, what of Jeanne D'Arc? She seemed to have a method of her own that would function quite nicely, at least in this situation. They could make it by alright. Whether they did or didn't though, Gilgamesh had no intention of sticking around to deal with them and those other Rulers, so he was back to work at the Citadel of Uruk.

The departure of Gilgamesh was of little importance. The sisters from another world would soon be in the hands of more... approachable leaders in this realm. One such leader was beyond the massive door, up the temple and into the pyramid up top. Where there was an entrance on either side of the pyramid's base, Pharaoh Ozymandias sat atop a throne far larger than a single person required. At the forward end of the pyramid was another large opening which let the divine flames of the throne room's torches out to bless the land and invite the pure, as the sun's gaze graced the Earth. Relaxed, he was, as eyes likened to the sun itself peered across the throne room to that opening, witnessing the descent of two new figures. "We have guests, not simply the golden king. Shame. I've found myself in a mood to drink," he stated, but... to whom?

A few seconds had Artoria standing up straight, her arms out in front of her as her sister floated down rather casually, a stone slab in hand. What was more she had some magical wings which would disappear when she was about ten feet above the ground allowing her to fall into her sister's arms. "I can make us wings, you didn't have to jump," she said as Artoria set both of her feet on the ground making sure she was steady before waiting for her to pick their direction. "Well, I, by your order, am not allowed to draw my weapon, so... I need to do something," Artoria mentioned as if she was somewhat antsy. They'd continue walking towards the central pyramid making the assumption that Gilgamesh hadn't set them somewhere strange with Jeanne managing to look at her sister as if astounded by her lack of understanding of herself of all things. "Or you could have made nice with King Gilgamesh and apologized for attacking him... you know, get to know him as you obviously want to do. Instead of getting hearsay from children." she said with a curt nod. "It was a war, and he was in my way. I will not apologize. I will however demand a rematch at some point. On my honor a half win does not feel as right as I would like. And the children's stories are amazing... they give us all the important bits," said Artoria. When would her older sister learn she couldn't just attack people even when the attack was friendly in nature? Whatever; at least there were new people to come to.

Ozymandias was sitting in a large throne beside a young woman with long purple hair and eyes practically rainbowed by their various colors. They were lined in thick black and her body was covered by gentle cloth and netting as she leaned against the side of the throne. Her eyes flickered over to the man at her side as he made the claim that they had visitors coming and it wasn't simply the golden king who'd visited them previously. A chuckle came from her as he claimed this would be a shame because he wished to drink. "Well, you might get to anyway. Anyone dealing directly with him is entitled to a drink for their troubles..." she mentioned with a small smile creeping onto her lips. After all, she'd needed quite a bit of something after that man's last visit, she technically felt bad for anyone unprepared to deal with him.

"Oi, be nice!" the Pharaoh Ozymandias insisted, his eyes cutting toward the woman at his side even as a smile stretched across his face. "He's not so terrible. I enjoyed our last meeting. At the very least, that man has an air of stylishness and finesse about him that I can support." Perhaps Ozymandias was one of few individuals who would ever get along with King Gilgamesh during their first meeting, but regardless, he had few qualms with the blonde male. In a better situation than their initial "greetings" of one another, he could imagine enjoying a decent wine boasted by the man who possessed the "finest" quality of... well, everything. What sort of wine would he have to offer? Ozymandias was left wondering for quite some time, but he was dead set on finding out one day. "But, you are correct, moon of my life. If the light of fortune shines upon us, perhaps that king has left these visitors with a sample. If not, I hope only for a beacon bright enough for them to partake of ours. That is, assuming he has not dropped off someone for us to pass divine judgement on. That would sour my mood, and I may have to abandon court for the evening to watch your face until my mental state improves."

Pharaoh Ozymandias rebuked the one sitting beside him, claiming she should be nice. That little smile on her face grew into a laugh. He went on to claim he liked the man's style and had even enjoyed their previous meeting with him. This woman gave it a bit of thought, and came to a conclusion. She didn't hate the golden king, she simply found him to be emotionally dishonest. "He can have a few style points... but that personality needs a bit of work. And that is the nicest way such a sentiment can be put," she explained of herself, though she didn't really feel the need to explain fully. "Well, I suppose, my sun and stars, if we have to pass judgement, we should take some time for ourselves. But I do not assume he would put such things off on us without at least sending us a house warming present," she said offering a cheeky little smile and more than a bit of credit on King Gilgamesh's part. Though she understood the base of his attitude, she felt like he could use a bit of humanizing.

At the same time, Artoria and Jeanne approached the throne room directly and would make their entrance soon. "You should still be nice here too. If I haven't mentioned," said Jeanne preemptively about any new rulers they met. "My saintly queen you wound me," Artoria said in full mocking tone, with words she didn't like using and phrases she would have hated. She didn't need to be told not to randomly attack people, it was strange that she was being bound to her manners even now, she'd never once attacked someone who didn't deserve it. Besides, she had no problems with Gilgamesh outside of the settings of battle, she respected him. She figured anyone else who won a holy grail war before would be worthy of a decent bit of respect as well, especially anyone who shared such a thing. And now they stood outside the entrance to a throne room they'd been walking towards. Not one to intrude they'd wait to be invited in, lest they interrupt random courtly matters.

The Queen of Egypt herself, Nefertari as she was called at the moment, raised a very fair point. Though Ozymandias himself was quite similar since being raised in this world, there were some aspects to the golden king's presentation of himself that were somewhat... inhuman, in a negative way. "I will not argue that. Though, given the tales that have been spreading even to here as of late, I am willing to grant temporary reprieve. Judgement will come only if he fails to learn the lessons even a divine life delivers," he stated with certainty. These two were no strangers to divinity; they were each deities in their own right, albeit incarnated in "mortal" form. That blonde, however, had a very different upbringing that Ozymandias presumed would be rewritten over time after many meetings with... well, his own kind.

Speaking of meetings, they were due for one at the moment. Two had fallen into Egypt, and two sets of footsteps halted just outside their throne room. Oh, how respectful. He could easily assume then, that they were not to mete out divine punishment to these guests. "Maybe this is the present," he said softly, choosing to address their visitors right away. As his eyes traveled toward the entrance they resided beyond, however, those same eyes widened. What was this? "This presence... Could a truly valorous hero be here? And another beacon of light to boot? You approach the very light of the sun, and the embodiment of truth and justice! You may enter and bask in our radiance! Come, visitors, and let us view you with our own eyes!"

The Pharaohs were in agreement, Gilgamesh didn't seem to quite be done yet. Ozymandias said that given the stories they should give him a bit of time, and Nefertari for her part int his could give the allowance. "I will agree to that as well. Perhaps with a little more time he might be less... outlandish in his outward visage," she commented. Maybe, just maybe he'd grow into a more tolerable version of himself over time. She could try and see the bright side of this, but who was at the door, the present as Ozymandias had put it. She too turned her eyes to the door and understood the sudden heightened emotion. His greeting came to the ears of Artoria and Jeanne and both looked at each other then back forward.

"Those were compliments, this is starting strong~" mentioned Jeanne. Artoria had little to say about it, but could nod her agreement. Still the words themselves hit her ear strangely. To her this man simply sounded like an arrogant king, but not necessarily intolerable. How different. Within the room both looked up to the Pharaohs on their throne and blinked twice. This was Jeanne's thing so Artoria stood quietly waiting. "Thank you for the graceful reception. I'm, Jeanne D'Arc, recently named Queen of Saints," she said of herself. "And this is my older sister Artoria Pendragon, the Queen of Camelot... nice to meet you both," she said carefully. This was a surprisingly easy conversation to have. Artoria could agree, and simply crossed an arm over her chest and gave an incline of her head. She was acting as a full knight today so she wouldn't have too much to say in this particular case, unless she was asked. Nefertari looked down at the pair and determined their likeness in a simple moment looking between the two. Their faces were so similar that despite the difference in their names, she could believe they were siblings. Still the one who called herself Jeanne D'Arc had apparently won a holy grail war, that was no small feat regardless. A nice pair of people had apparently shown up in their throne room.

The moment those two presences fully made their way into the throne room, Ozymandias' excitement became an expression of recognition instead. There should be few in this world who knew nothing of those two, if not as Jeanne D'Arc and Artoria Pendragon, then as legends in Age of Eternity's two-player competitive scene. Indeed, they were the ones to challenge for people like these Pharaoh's, though... no longer. All that nonsense was far behind them. Still, the sight of those women was an interesting blast from the past, so to speak. Jeanne's introduction of herself and her sister garnered a raised hand from the male, as if to say there was no need. "I know of you both. Your faces speak for themselves before your identities are made known. Welcome," he greeted. Carrying on with the introductions of himself and his queen, he did so... not with the arrogance that would likely be assumed based on his similarities to that other deified king, but instead with a confidence the likes of which could never be stripped from him. "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings. Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and rejoice! You are valued comrades to us! And this..." His arm extended in grandiose fashion toward Nefertari. Now was such a time that would see the true face of Ozymandias bleed through the identity of a pharaoh, returning to that of a man whose gaze followed one target for all eternity. "Stand in celebration, for you gaze upon the truth of the universe. My radiance exceeds even that of the sun, but I bestow upon you the honor of witnessing the brilliance of a thousand burning galaxies! Too bright to view, but do not close your eyes. No, feast your eyes upon her majesty!"

What spewed next from the mouth of the male Pharaoh was complete acknowledgement of this pair of individuals. Ah, he had enough of his old memories to know who they both were, that was nice. It was nice to meet other reasonable people. Still even with his speech being arrogant, it didn't feel negative in anyway. No, he was simply very self-assured and this was a trait kings of all kinds needed. He was apparently the King of Kings, Ozymandias. Artoria was familiar with his name as well. He and his obvious future wife were a couple of streamers who played the game with almost as much intensity as she and her sister back before this was life. What was more she got to witness first hand one of the quirks of that individual. He'd introduced himself with confidence but he introduced his wife with absolute adoration. Jeanne's eyes were sparkling and a small smile came to Artoria's face. All the while, the woman in question waved him off, as she always did, though she felt a certain amount of confidence from his words regardless. "Feel free to ignore him. He always goes overboard when speaking of me. I can be called Nefertari, the Queen of Queens. And might I say, both of you are absolutely stunning!~"she said of the girls before her.

Soon after they were done speaking Jeanne was almost squealing, as she always would. They were among her favorite people to watch, and she enjoyed that even after their time in this world they were still such a happy couple. "Aww, I love this. I love this for both of you... you're such a happy couple!~" she practically gushed about them. At the same time, Artoria nodded. "I know of you both as well, congratulations, on your win of a Holy Grail. And thank you for being reasonable people and for the compliments..." she mentioned seeming to smirk at herself. Maybe today would be one of a few, where she actually had no need to put her weapon in her hands. "Wait one moment, quick question, unrelated... did you both also hear the strange voice in the white space?" she asked of the pair of pharaohs. She needed to know she wasn't simply crazy, and having heard the voices of the angels her entire life, it was still a possibility.

Page 20 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast