Page 21 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

"Overboard?" Ozymandias questioned. It was a few minutes, or even a few hours too early for Nefertari to start saying that. "I haven't even started yet." Of course, he could go on for hours upon hours about Nefertari or... any form she took, really. There was no greater existence in this world or the next, and he had even more reason to think so after living a full mortal life at her side in this incarnation. Ah, it seemed these two knew of them as well. He would gladly bask in the satisfactions others had for his personal victory, and perhaps even for the acquisition of the Holy Grail. "The Grail was an accident, less fortunate even than finding my queen. You two deserve thanks as well. It is not often we receive visitors of respectable standing. Know that you are allowed nothing less than peace and equality while here. When I speak of your standing, I declare you upstanding citizens and nothing less. Though, I don't believe for a second that you would trample over our citizens."

None had addressed why the women were here yet, but that was fine. Instead, Jeanne had a question unrelated to their visit. There was something about a strange voice in a white space. It sounded rather queer initially, but he did recall one such event roughly one decade ago. "Hmm... We did! I'd have thought it was Ra, had we not entered together. That voice guided us here after we drank from the Grail, when we chose to split its power and influence between us. It's clear to me that you also had none of your questions properly answered. That is normal, I believe."

The speech of Ozymandias and Nefertari made Jeanne happy. Artoria too, though admittedly less openly so was happy that this pair of people seemed to find their own happiness. According to Ozymandias he could have spoken on the topic of Nefertari even more, and given what he'd been like in his original life, neither of the blondes doubted him. "On my honor no harm will come to any of your citizens on my watch," said Artoria. Jeanne nodded. "I agree. We aren't really the type but it is nice to have people to meet and chat with," she said calmly. "See what happens when you don't attack the person in charge?" she asked of her sister. "It was a war. He was audacious, arrogant and pushy. You have to let that go... I was raised a prince, I do not always attack first," Artoria mentioned which made Nefertari laugh.

"I declare we have found the one most deserving of the drink. Queen Artoria Pendragon was the one who dealt with the golden king!" said Nefertari. "I regret to say, I am currently on the job. I could not accept a drink in good conscience... but do feel free to offer some other time. I would gladly drink in your company," said Artoria more smoothly than she'd spoken with Gilgamesh the entire time they'd been speaking directly to each other. "So you do know how to be nice. I am in shock... and he wasn't so bad outside of the grail war. I was wondering if maybe time passed differently here, he seems very different than he was then," said Jeanne as she'd been dealing with her sister's attitude for quite a few days. Perhaps this was a part of being a proper ruler, attitude problems. A smile spread across Nefertari's face as she made another declaration. "I enjoy these two." How very firm. As for the voice, it had been heard, they'd thought it was god. Instead they split the spoils of the grail and ended up here. Pharaoh Ozymandias in his wisdom thought it was normal to not get anything resembling a real answer from the grail. "Well that isn't exactly comforting. Be nice to the weird voice. It's more than just me who says it's strange now." said Jeanne to Artoria. "All will be well, as long as it is not necessary for me to dispatch the golden king, again, to claim what will belong to me," she said. Ah, yes... even Artoria had moments of confidence.

Many words spoken caused Ozymandias to blink in confusion. The Saber of the two had a habit of attacking people they met? She was raised as a prince, rather than a princess? She fought King Gilgamesh in a Holy Grail War? None of those things made a great deal of sense at all. Given the world they were in, however, the latter fact made less sense than anything else said. "Why would you fight the golden king in a Holy Grail war? He has no use of another one," he declared. He wouldn't bother asking about how Artoria had been a prince, considering how wild things were in this world, as well as the era they previously lived during in their home world. Also disturbing though, was the notion that Artoria would not drink while working as Jeanne's guardian knight. "Yes, you are on the job. You are also a guest in Egypt. We can all be civil and enjoy a single drink while discussing why you've visited us."

Though receiving guests from the lower world was something they had reason to never expect, and therefore something worth enjoying, these two were here for a reason. Ozymandias for one was keen on finding out what that reason was. He knew they were sent here by Gilgamesh after their ascension, so there were only a few things they required. There was also a tablet of some sort in Jeanne's hand, presumably that map used by the King of Uruk himself. Would there be some effort to alter the land they raised? Perhaps they were here to organize a trade or something of the sort, if not a bit of modifications to whatever country Jeanne had taken charge of and raised. "So, why are you here?"

The question from Ozymandias hit Artoria's ears and she immediately turned to Jeanne gesturing towards the man. There was awe and righteous confirmation in her soul. "Look. He confirms that one had no need of the cup he chased..." she said feeling rather suddenly vindicated. As for why she fought the King of Heroes a small smile spread across the face of Artoria. "The simple answer is because he was audacious, arrogant, pushy and in my way..." she said softly. "I saw my sister for the first time in decades, not knowing the Holy Grail would spawn. She wanted to have her wish granted and as her older sister, I took it upon myself to make that happen for her," she said softly. "She had already gotten there by herself, it was my honor to remove the obstacles that stood in her way for the final stretch," she said making her younger sister blush earnestly. How dare she be so randomly charming just to speak about her. Pharaoh Ozymandias was right, if anyone should be having a drink it should be Artoria. "Well, in this case I agree with the Pharaohs, a single drink won't harm anything. And it's not like I can let you abstain after you've gone and said something so unnecessary," she said seeming to still be in a huff about her older sister gushing over her, even slightly. "As you wish~" Artoria said seeming to feel pretty good about herself in the moment.

Nefertari heard what Artoria had to say about her encounter with the King and wondered if it didn't have some strange effect on the man. Of course she could no nothing but theorize, at least the girl had agreed to the drink. Ah, what else, there was the matter of what Jeanne D'Arc had actually come here for, so she managed to look more shocked. "Oh, right. I forgot. Apologies, I got a bit worked up," she cleared up herself took a deep breath and turned the tablet over. A bit of magic made that mountainous piece of land pop up. "King Gilgamesh said this could be your first contribution to Chaldea. I was the Maid of Orleans, just a girl who broke a siege. I didn't ascend with land or anyone to rule. I want to create an organization for Holy Knights, a base they can call home. So... " she gave a pause of thought. "King Gilgamesh said you could help me with accommodations." Ah, finally the meat of their conversation. Artoria was a happy older sister watching her sister have her wishes granted and seeing her vision come to life.

"Why would the King of Heroes need the Grail? From my understanding, he owns everything, but... not the same copy of everything. In terms of a video game, I would probably call his versions the pre-release, before any nerfs or buffs to the Artifacts seen by the rest of us. It's quite a cheat, but... I could beat him," said Ozymandias. A small amount of hubris was within him, perhaps, but he could see some reality in which he defeated someone utilizing all Artifacts. After all, none could claim more mastery of his own things than Ozymandias himself; he'd been with them far too long. Moving on from that, everyone here was keen to partake of a drink. A look toward one of the nearby attendants, a nod, and they would soon enough be visited by a young male bringing along wine chalices, goat cheese, and fresh, unleavened bread for all to claim.

Ozymandias was somewhat mistaken about Jeanne's purpose. It wasn't modifications she needed, but the whole shebang. She prefaced this with an apology for diversion, which he waved off most casually, and she ended with the showing of her granted land upon the map. Ah, he knew that place! It was a magnificent heap of land that Ozymandias himself would have enjoyed having, if not for Egypt existing prior to his and Nefertari's ascension. "Ho─ he gave you that one? Interesting..." he mused. He knew that particular area was one of importance to the tale Gilgamesh gained fame for. Why he would grant that instead of any from the many other options, was a mystery. "You two must have left quite the impression. Now then, if it is accommodations you need, there are no better aides you could have come to! I will use my full capacity as the King of Construction to build the headquarters for your knights! So... shall we ride?" the pharaoh asked while taking in hand one of the four chalices and... several pieces of cheese and bread.

Ozymandias' explanation of the situation surrounding Gilgamesh not needing a grail seemed to hit both the ears of Jeanne and Artoria totally differently. All while Jeanne managed to look shocked, Artoria just looked vindicated. It was nice when things weren't just her temper getting the better of her. He even claimed that though his ability was a bit of a cheat he thought he could beat him. "He did not need it which is what I said. I still do not understand why he was down there to be honest. About the fight though, I can say it would be fun at the very least. One of the best fights I have had the pleasure to be involved in," Artoria said, with only Jeanne realizing how much of a compliment that was coming from the Queen of Camelot. "Did you win that fight, Queen Artoria?" Nefertari asked. They had a grail so obviously King Gilgamesh didn't leave with it. But if the young Queen of Camelot had actually bested that golden man in combat that was something else entirely. "I feel like the right answer here is yes and no. Given what he did during that war, yes... I won. I would be lying if I said I was certain of what the outcome would be the same if he used everything," Artoria said. Of course Nefertari took that strangely a smile spread across her face as she heard that news. Perhaps what the Golden King needed wasn't an attitude adjustment but instead a woman?

All the while Jeanne found out that Ozymandias knew of the land she'd gotten. He seemed surprised by it in fact. "If I am being honest I didn't do much of anything... I am sure he is not particularly impressed by me." she said a knowing smirk coming over her face as she took one of the cups for herself. Artoria waited a moment letting Nefertari claim hers before taking one for herself as well. Ever the chivalrous one, bread, cheese and wine would be picked up by each of the ladies as well. With thanks uttered by the blondes. "The Queen of Composition is also at your service. I haven't decorated something new in ages!" Nefertari mentioned. That little piece of land always looked truly interesting. Jeanne for her part in this seemed shocked by the general acceptance and by the nature of shared skills and things between them. "You two really shared that grail split... I can tell, you're such a well matched pair!" she said seeming to take it all in stride. "And yes, we can leave at your earliest convenience. I am not the type to impose so you don't have to rush on our account." This girl was nice to fault of that Nefertari was sure. The older sister in this case was also pretty relaxed. They had a nice familial relationship of that she was certain.

Another oddity was being spoken; in this case, the Queen of Camelot spoke of taking pleasure from her fight with King Gilgamesh, just after having roughly zero positive things to say about him as a person. That was quite strange. Ozymandias himself had fought many battles and enjoyed many battles, but never had he considered a fight started with malicious intent a "pleasure". Well, he supposed both she and that king had personalities that could easily be misinterpreted or off-putting to many... one more so than the other. There were signs of a rematch between the two as well, considering Artoria's voiced curiosity regarding which of them would be victorious with both at full power. That would be something incredible to witness. From only meeting each of them, Ozymandias could determine that either had the ability to best him in combat. Luckily, it seemed they were all on the same side... mostly.

Once everyone had taken up their wine and snacks, Ozymandias would be found reaching onto the tray to fill his large hand with even more cheese and bread from what remained. At their earliest convenience, Jeanne said when addressing their exodus. Well, with both his queen and himself having a new project to work on after quite some time, Ozymandias wouldn't leave the lot of them waiting. "Then there is no time to be wasted! Abu el-Hol!" he shouted. A shroud of mana swirled around him, likened in appearance to a nebula in the night sky. Forward and out the opening to this pyramid it went, while Ozymandias walked. A bite of bread and cheese, a sip of wine, and he reached the opening to look upon a great sphinx. It was no normal Divine Beast, but a Cosmic Sphinx with a body composed of the very same energy all could have seen moments before. Its headdress, wings and ornaments were all made of Magic Gold. The sphinx loafed about outside, awaiting its orders. "Ladies, to the kitten!" he said excitedly, holding out the arm which held bread and cheese toward... well, it seemed to be the group at large, but Nefertari would be the one to know the gesture's meaning.

Both Artoria and Gilgamesh were quite strange individuals, and none knew this more than Jeanne. Having been in that Holy Grail War, she saw potential on both sides, though admittedly her sister was the harder person to read. Ah, yes... but they were soon moving on. Everyone happily drinking and consuming snacks even the on-duty Artoria, would be found casually sipping wine out of her cup and eating bites of bread. Jeanne did similarly, having a similar amount of appetite to Ozzy, reaching for quite a few snacks to keep herself sated. Well, that was fair, she did grow up a peasant in France. Ozymandias claimed there was no time to waste and after casting some sort of magic, seemed to wish them to take off. The statement to the kitten was met by a raised brow on the faces of both blondes, as Nefertari descended the throne. Everyone always looked so confused. "Come ladies, you'll like this..." she offered both of them as she lead the way outside.

And what would they find outside. Well, a large blue sphinx with a cosmic body and golden wings and a headdress. Jeanne's eyes went wide at the sight, but it would be Artoria who stole the show today. A stoic and almost princely demeanor had been moving about the face of that one. Even in a dress, she definitely seemed more a knight than a ruler or even an elder sister. She definitely had no outward inclinations toward girly behaviors, except this one. She loved cats. Big cats specifically. She'd once had a lion cub delivered to her apartment. And here and now, there was a giant blue, lion-like creature before her. How could she respond? Her pupils dilated filling those large green eyes of hers, her form almost completely broke, bringing from the depths of her person, a single girlish squeal and a flapping sort of hand movement. "Kawaiii!~ Mite... Emi!" she said seemingly overly excited by what was happening here. The Queen of Camelot was an absolute girl right now and somehow that was almost more impressive to Jeanne than the cats themselves. Nefertari for her part in this couldn't help but chuckle. The most upstanding knightly woman she'd ever seen was done in by a big cat. "Oh?! Eri-nee... I didn't know there was still girl left in you anywhere. I mean if not for our bath I might have assumed you were actually a man. Leave it to a big cat to make it obvious you're still my big sister!~" she said seeming to make Artoria reconsider her behavior. The young lass had the grace to look absolutely embarrassed following the outburst as well... no one could speak of this! "Please do not speak of this to anyone. My whole image will shatter," there was pleading in those big eyes of hers. She really didn't want it getting out that she had such a girlish reaction. She was raised as King Arthur... and that damn mage Merlin, what would he say if he saw something like this. Her heart couldn't take it.

Nefertari claimed their guests would like the Divine Beast he called upon, but... could anyone have anticipated the true reaction of the most stoic individual here? Ozymandias certainly did not. He heard a phrase spoken in Japanese, but the tone was all off. That woman could have been confused for the prince she claimed to be raised as until she laid eyes on a sphinx. Though strange, Ozymandias viewed it as something that brought her down to earth, so to speak. "Brilliant," he muttered under his breath. It was difficult to refrain from laughing, but it was clear Artoria didn't want that sort of behavior being spread to the masses. She even went on to request that it be kept private. "No need to worry. You're among friends. Besides, look at him!"

Ozymandias threw his arm around Nefertari, taking her by the midsection as he hopped onto the sphinx's back. Wings flapped, and paws kneaded the floor. Alas, it was not yet time to depart, so Ozymandias patted the beast's head to calm it. "He's cute; go on, pet him," he insisted to the Queen of Camelot, a smile and a nod being sent her way. A look toward Jeanne implied that he wished for her to do the same. In fact, the sphinx was rather fond of a good petting, and tended to purr during them at a great enough frequency to cause tremors in the air and floor.

According to Ozymandias, Artoria was among friends. Both of these people seemed to have a unique reaction to her... showing a bit too much of her base personality. No matter, she managed to straighten up a bit. Even as Ozymandias grabbed up Nefertari leaving both of them sitting atop the creature. Nefertari had similar words to offer the young blonde woman who seemed to immediately try and withdraw into herself again. "None of that," she said with a cheeky smirk. "If you can't be yourself around your friends and family you aren't going to have much luck. Besides... that is amazing reaction~ And none of us will utter a peep you are one of us after all," she mentioned. Artoria still looked overly embarrassed but the admission that she could pet the beast was too much for her to deny. "You should go ahead and pet it. You'll feel better~" Jeanne mentioned, willing to give her sister this bit of time for herself.

A few seconds later and Artoria was rubbing along the side of this creature practically hugging it while happily cooing to it. "Aaw, so fluffy. You are a great kitten, yes you are~" those were her almost whispered mumbles as her sister waited by her side. And oh the purring. She could feel it in her very soul. These people were seeing too much of her at the moment, but Artoria would have to trust a bit today. Ah but eventually that would come to an end. And Artoria would straighten herself up square off her shoulders and offer her younger sister a hand up onto the beast. "Many thanks," she mentioned. Jeanne would take it with Artoria bringing up the rear and managing for slightly less aloof passenger as she aimed to protect her sister. "There we go. Ready~" chimed Jeanne freeing the Pharaohs to take off at their leisure. "Um, could I ask you both a couple of questions about this ruler power?" she mentioned. Having no idea how long this ride could take, she figured, it would be useful for both herself and Artoria to learn the ins and out of their dominions.

Page 21 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast