Page 23 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

As the sphinx landed betwixt the mountains, Artoria confirmed her lack of participation in the actual claiming of Jeanne's grail. She insisted that she didn't have a title, but again, he could see it. She was the Queen of Camelot, yes, but that was the title of an ordinary person. "Queen of Camelot, yes. You are also Queen of Knights. I can see it clear as day. I've been assuming you two shared the grail just as we did, but it seems... not," he said, trailing off at the end as if something additional had been found confusing. Either way, he was soon hopping off the sphinx's back, Nefertari still in tow until he could place her on her own feet. A bit of observation was necessary. As such, Ozymandias would immediately be found surveying the land and available space between cliffs. Some of these mountains were in the way of the structure size he imagined, though that was just as much a positive as a negative. "Right then, two questions. First, do you have any preferences? And second, is this space between the mountains satisfying to you? If it is, I will start immediately!"

Artoria would be given a strange bit of information. According to Pharaoh Ozymandias she had two titles. Her normal one the Queen of Camelot and the previously unmentioned Queen of Knights. She'd heard that before, but not from any random voice in the world. No, it'd been among the parting words of Gilgamesh, as he sank from consciousness after touching her face. He... couldn't have that power could he? She thought about it more and decided that was completely preposterous. She hopped off the Sphinx's back as well, holding her arms out to her younger sister to help her down as well. Jeanne hopped into her sister's arms without thought. At the same time, Nefertari did the same into Ozymandias. It was strange she didn't know about her secondary title, and she was quite interested in finding out. Jeanne for her part in this gave her sister another hug before separating. "Don't think about it too hard, Eri-nee. You are the most knightly individual I've met... and I fought in a war. I'd believe you earned such a title," she said softly. Of course her sister would say that. But it wasn't just her, Nefertari also could see how one could have ended up with a title like that. But it would be quite a moment or two before Artoria spoke again, though she did return the hug she was given. "I don't have any problem with this spot. I think it's stunning, it reminds me of home. You don't have to exert yourself on our account. I'd like something nice, spacious, but not boxy though. I mean no disrespect but I hate large square buildings, with triangles on top. Other than that, I can leave myself in your capable hands," she explained of herself easily. She didn't know if that was enough information to work with.

At the same time Artoria finally found her words. After wracking her brain for a possible explanation. "My curiosity is a bit unrelated but, is it possible to be given such a title by someone else?"

So, it seemed indeed that Artoria's title hadn't come from the grail at all. Curious. Even so, Ozymandias had been entertaining one such idea. There was nothing concrete, nor was there really anything worth addressing immediately. Strange things happened from time to time. More imperative was the discussion with Jeanne regarding her building preferences. She wanted nothing square, nothing topped with triangles. What did she have against triangles? "Ha! You are allowed your own tastes. Not everyone can appreciate the divine integrity of the pyramids! I have a brilliant idea!" he said, laughing all the while. Luckily, Jeanne's preferences functioned within his initial idea. From above, he'd seen something akin to a beach on the other side of these mountains, and that alone allowed him to make one decision that impacted the overall plan.

Before enacting said plan however, Artoria presented another curiosity. "Hmm? Well, the title comes with the ability to affect anyone beneath you. For example, one of us could make a queen of the lady Jeanne right now if we desired. Just the same, as you are a queen, we could grant you any title that does not overwhelm our own, or any existing title you have from the world. You believe King Gilgamesh gave you this title?" the pharaoh asked. In this realm, there were only three present that could have possibly granted Artoria such a power. Nefertari and himself had only met her officially today, which left only... the King of Heroes. "He is the King of Heroes. If you are a Hero, he could have made you a Queen, I suppose."

Apparently, Ozymandias had no problems with Jeanne's differing tastes. In all honesty, Jeanne didn't have a problem with pyramids. "I like pyramids, I am not fond of churches. They make me uncomfortable, they always have..." she explained of her own tastes. Beyond that, her sister, finally asked a question and now, Jeanne was looking at the other lass, and wondering if she was going to be alright. Of course, the words of the Pharaoh, hit Artoria's ears, and she had confirmation of the idea that she'd been named by Gilgamesh. What? Why?! There was a shift in the emotions behind the eyes of Artoria and her sister saw and understood it, and then after a few more seconds she went completely deadpan.

"Eri-nee, daijoubu..." she said softly. "You're doing the dead eyes thing. You can't kill him for giving you a title," she said thinking about what the lass was like. She'd already sworn her to not draw her weapon while they were out today, which meant that she only needed to stay at her side to avoid having the other blonde attack the golden king on sight. "I am a hero. That does make sense... I am fine." those words didn't sound fine at all. Nefertari looked at the lass and shook her head from left to right. "It is probably not good to sit on that kind of emotion, even locking it inside of yourself like that... You would just explode later if you do not speak honestly now, right?" asked Nefertari. She didn't really want this lass going off the deep end sometime later. After all she was one of the better people they'd met. In fact, this pair of sisters might be her favorite people they'd met since ascending, better to quell the extra anger now. "I appreciate that... it is fine. It..." she gave a bit of pause. "I just did not participate in that war, do all I did, turn down his proposal, ignore his nudity and nearly kill him for him to name me Queen anyway. It is so audacious," she said and though the words were calm there was unseen fury from the girl with her knightly disposition. "And he did it while being less annoying so it just makes me angry," there, she'd said it aloud and now maybe she wouldn't be quite so furious when she next set eyes on him. Well, that wasn't fair at all, she was stuck as a fifteen year old, raised prince, young woman with all the attitude associated with her previous life's work. She could always, ignore it, until she earned it herself, it wasn't like anyone would see except them anyways. Well, and Merlin, but she could always do what she normally did when it came to dealing with him.

Ah, churches. Churches made sense, but... why was the Queen of Saints opposed to churches? That part was stranger than anything. Even so, he could very much understand discomfort found within the church. The pharaoh frankly waited for the day this world's churches proved themselves to be the root of all evil, brandishing faith as a weapon against the unsuspecting and "unworthy". Though, perhaps that was a bit too... anime, so to speak.

Something unexpected was in the works. That something was none other than a looming cloud of... outrage? It seemed like outrage to Ozymandias, but it could have always been something else entirely. Luckily, she was talked down from an explosion that built just beneath the surface. Well, talking down was how Ozymandias would put it. In actuality, it didn't seem she was very affected at all, inwardly. "If you plan to do something about that fury in regards to King Gilgamesh, do keep it far away from Egypt. My structures are mighty, but even they may falter to that collision." Annoying as that was to admit, he had a decent sense for the power of both Artoria and Gilgamesh. He would have enjoyed witnessing their clash, but not at all in the case of it happening over his precious constructs. Speaking of his constructs, it was high time he got to work. "I have waited long enough! Building blocks of the world, in the name of Ramessess II, I command you! Rise to the call of Ra, the sun!"

By his call, the mountains themselves began to crumble. The sands flew, and fledgling trees grew tall and wide. There was fire to the sands, stone against stone, and stone against wood. "Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair! There is no limit to a pharaoh's power! All creations under heaven are within my grasp!" Ozymandias stood with crossed arms and a smug visage as raw materials converged, crashing violently into one another on a scale the size of a large city.

Jeanne's mention of churches and her lack of appreciation for them, went unnoticed. That was fine, they'd always made her a bit uncomfortable... To be fair she wasn't sure why this was the case. Something about those big lofty buildings, with their high ceilings and sharp points, filled her with existential dread. No matter, she'd not be receiving nor wanting one for her knights headquarters. Instead she'd get something of the original imaginings of one like Pharaoh Ozymandias. Before he started work though, he had a simple request to Artoria, the apparent Queen of Knights. He wished she avoid bringing a fight like the one she wished to take up with Gilgamesh to his front door. A smirk crossed the blonde's face as she gave it no more thought than a second. "That is a thing unnecessary to ask. I would bring no harm to you nor your creations. I am furious, yes, but not ill-tempered truly," she commented absently. In truth, Artoria was more the type who'd challenge someone to a duel only if they were properly capable of fighting against her. She definitely wouldn't put any random person or thing in danger. No, she was definitely the type to bring her confrontation right to the source, and if she couldn't prevail, then it was her time to rethink her stance. It was a simple enough logic and one everyone should have lived by.

Ah, but while she thought this over, Pharaoh Ozymandias began his work. Shaking the lands finding blocks, using some very wordy expressions. Artoria watched the same way Jeanne did with wide eyes and general appreciate for the skill. Nefertari watched with that and a bit more, there was just general appreciation in her. "I do love watching my sun and stars in his element~" she mused happily.

"I should consider it audacious that a queen even considers damaging a pharaoh to be within the realm of possibility. But, today I will make two exceptions!" Ozymandias announced. These two were good people, upstanding citizens and valued additions to Chaldea. After only ten years in this place, and a matter of minutes conversing with them, he knew as much already. So... "Behold! The sun descends here and shines excellence upon this land!" he shouted, as if demanding that the structure in progress be nothing less than perfection. Pylons had come together and taken root, and around them came everything else. This space was the size of a large city, so a large city was what he made in the end. The primary feature was a massive place that appeared as something between a cathedral and a library. Several stories tall, the white cylinder featured various corridors both interior and exterior, and many connected towers to serve different purposes. The more it came together, the more it seemed almost academia-esque in nature, as if it aimed to overtake the world's greatest library, school and organization base all at once. What's more, there was the city to take into account. Ozymandias took some creative liberties to have the city interwoven into the mountains as well as the main building's corridors. They could be homes, barracks, even marketplaces if Jeanne and her group so desired.

Last, but certainly not least... he had to top it off. All that sand being moved about in the sky was sent through flame, moving from there as liquid glass left to solidify only whilst in place. In addition to flawless windows being placed on each building, special attention was paid to the main building's top to create a dome. Ah, that part was what he took the most pride in. She didn't want a church, so he thought to be coy and toss in something churches never dared to have: unfiltered natural light! Of course, remaining trees and other such greenery were left within some places... particularly a couple of towers to such an extent that they peered through the top. Ozymandias thought to leave those intact for aesthetic purposes. "Well? What say you, Mighty?"

Apparently, it was audacious for Artoria to think about the pharaohs the way she did. A cheeky little smirk crossed her face in the moment as she gave a casual bow at his words. "By your grace~" Artoria said in response to the exceptions, while her sister scoffed. It was annoying how charming, the Queen of Knights could be while watching her be so very aggressive with other people. In the same moment she wondered if her sister's personal knights also knew about these mood swings of hers. Regardless, Jeanne watched by the Pharaoh's order, seeming to be elated as everything came together. Artoria also watched with amazement in her eyes. He did talk a lot like the one called Gilgamesh, but here he was putting that power and creativity on display. It was not church like in the least, actually it looked more like a mages college in a fantasy game. What was more lots of glass was included clear enough to see through.

Trees, houses, towers carved into the mountainside, this place had some truly great physical features. "Oh my, it's amazing. Brilliant? Stunning?! Uh..." there was a pause from Jeanne. "I really can barely comprehend it," she admitted. That being said it was definitely worth looking over, and more so than that it definitely showed his prowess as an architect. Artoria decided to help out a bit. "A glorious showing indeed~" she managed. Ah, but there was Nefertari. She did say she liked watching him work and the crazed architecture of this place was no exception. As the building came together her eyes practically sparkled, there was so much that could be done here. So many small touches that could complete the spaces. "Definitely some of your best work. Oh... does that mean it is finally my turn?!" she asked happily having wrapped her arm solidly around the man's waist. "Colors? Fabrics? Style choices?" she asked of the young woman whose building it would be. "I am not much of a decorative person myself. My own choices are usually pretty simple, but, if you want to choose based on what it looks like... I can accept, and leave it in your care." she said softly. "Ideally, I want it to be home for my knights, even the ones who don't truly know what that means," she said softly. "Ah, I love the feelings~" Nefertari had eyes glowing with near rainbow sheen. This lass definitely deserved the title Queen of Saints, thinking only of others was a call above what nature did for most people.

"Hahaha! Of course, it is by the grace of the sun that these exceptions are made! What else could be so magnanimous?" Ozymandias added. As haughty as his behavior was, he seemed to almost be... joking? Well, that wasn't entirely true. He was the incarnation of the sun god, Ra. It was he who shined most brilliantly, he who was raised to be the greatest pharaoh ever born, and he who was required by law of his own existence to behave as the outstanding individual he was. This was not information he would ever hide nor be bashful about. However, it was also not something he would utilize to the detriment of others. He'd guide the masses of Egypt just as he guided the stones, sand and wood, and he'd make mighty constructs of them all. Some were exceptions, however. Some people, like some landscapes and structures, had no need of his divine interference. Those people were the ones worthy of the epithet "Mighty" to Pharaoh Ozymandias.

Ah, but even acceptance of another's status would not sully the facts of his own perfection. Brilliant, stunning, glorious─ such phrases were common from those who witnessed his works. Most important of all though, was Nefertari's opinion. Her claim that it was among his best work meant that she could work her own magic with the structure. Ah, he counted two victories then. In addition to outdoing himself, he and the two blondes could witness brilliance at its finest. That gleam in Nefertari's eye was the most radiant thing to grace this world, surpassing even the brilliance of the sun, Ozymandias himself, and all other things in creation. "Hmph! Now is the time. Behold true brilliance at work!"

"I am certain no one could be as magnanimous as you, except perhaps our lady Queen~" Ozymandias was a bit infectious as far as his attitude was concerned, and Artoria easily found herself falling into his shenanigans. Jeanne managed to be a bit shocked by all of this, her stoic older sister was acting pretty normal for her. Well as normal as she did when other people couldn't see her. Perhaps this was some kind of active camouflage, maybe it was just caused by the fact that she didn't need to be hostile. Whatever the case, Jeanne could make the case for being quite friendly with the Pharaohs, given her sister had likely fallen fully into being 'King Arthur'. Strange as it was, Jeanne believed one day the other lass would find the proper balance between her working persona and her regular one. But until then, she'd take these moments as they came and only playfully chide or poke at her sister for her behavior.

Ozymandias was content to watch Nefertari, making an announcement of incoming brilliance. She smirked as she pulled away from Ozymandias rolling her shoulders and seeming to stretch. "I am the one who controls the darkness. My guardian walk among us... give eyes, give aid, give hands. Unbelievable for a Pharaoh to serve, instead walk at my side and assist... Medjed." Oh, What was this? A use of magic, creating a little sheet with drawn-on flat eyes. It also had two hands and feet. Just like a sheet gag but it was a minor god, an extension of Celestial existence. And he worked with Nefertari, moving about, she smiled and gave the little ghost creature a pat on its head. "Now now, we have work to do, split and go... I need a full view," she mused to the little Ghost. It began marching, and marching and marching, each step causing another to appear, until a legion of these creatures stood watch and then the began moving. Each into the stronghold to take a look around and with each other moving about, a different room, a different shape and a different design. The smile that spread across Nefertari's face was one the ages had seen. She gently chewed at her bottom lip as those marks around her eyes began to glow as well. "The Mark that makes, bring life to my vision...bring the splendor of this Pharaoh's mind unto the mortals. Behold, a brilliance only matched by the Sun~" Ah more words. More spells, and this time, furniture, drapes in rich colors and soft textures, pieces which would be fit together, as they fell into the hands of the Medjed. Nefertari could see the whole of the inside of the Headquarters, and through the eyes of each Medjed, she could see where they were placing each item. She directed them with purpose, commanded with the almighty force of her will. She brought out of nothingness, the things which made a home, and she brought order to those random items. She framed windows, she decorated studies, she left open spaces for training sessions. She designed kitchens, storage, and all manner of thing a place like this could need, all while everyone looked on.

Page 23 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast