Page 38 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

It could not have been more clear that Artoria wouldn't be capable of remaining in Uruk... Not yet. She had to acquire a Holy Grail for herself, and bring her own land into the sky before their glorious wedding day could be planned fully. As for her clothing, it hardly mattered. Assuming she didn't have only a single dress like some peasant back home, she could simply change to something warmer upon her arrival; it was all too simple. Without dawdling on that topic at all, Gilgamesh was back to business, as he always would be. One hour passed, and there was no sign of Artoria. Two hours passed, and she had still not arrived. How long did that woman intend to bathe? How many tablets had he gone through in this time? Too long, and too many. Multiple times, he gave consideration to the idea of sending Siduri into the baths. Of course, he refrained. Perhaps it was a simple matter of Artoria finally enjoying luxuries long overdue? Yes, that sounded reasonable. Anyone should be sure to thoroughly enjoy such an extravagant bath and selection of clothing. More important was the curiosity about her eventual arrival. What would she choose, how would she appear before him? He dared not utilize the power of his eyes; this was something he wanted to appreciate in the moment. Surely she would step into his sights within the next few tablets, no?

Artoria was moving rather carefully, she was uninjured but had become rather distinctly aware of her lack of undergarments and the general openness of her current clothing. Still it was not that she was innately uncomfortable, just one extra piece in this outfit and she could have felt less exposed so to speak. Calf-height golden straps up her legs, short silk ruffled dress with her back and shoulders mostly exposed along with a window that made it more obvious than normal that Artoria was definitely Queen of Camelot. For the time she actually looked like a cute young girl, those green eyes of hers just as sharp as they always were. She normally left clothing choices to other people, but she wouldn't say she had no sense of her own desires as far as clothes were concerned. She lived in a cold place, clothing needed functionality and coverage. It was warm so she could understand the lack of full coverage, even so, most of it didn't fit her need for functionality.

Appearing before Gilgamesh was a matter of strangeness, knowing he was watching her, she'd aim to be unbothered though it'd taken her long enough to get dressed that she figured there would be a conversation about it. Perhaps over the course of that, she could find out why her entire wardrobe included slips of fabric and no undergarments. Yes, that made sense. In the meantime, she was maintaining her regal posture, right hand clasping her left wrist behind her back as she had to try for a neutral visage. "I..." she gave pause. "Enjoyed my bath, choosing clothes however got away from me a bit there..." she managed finally. Yes, that was a good start to a strange conversation. She found herself eyeing everyone present except Gilgamesh. Why? Well, Artoria was searching for signs of undergarments, while those hands clasped behind her back did the dual job of occupying a hand that would normally be on a sword as well as keeping that short dress from blowing up due to any errant breezes.

At long last, there she was in the throne room. Artoria truly looked the part of a Mesopotamian queen, and indeed, Gilgamesh made the perfect decision in avoiding the spoilers of this sight for himself. "H'oh?" he murmured. A tablet was lowered and set aside completely; there could be no distractions from this. Those inhuman eyes moved just slightly, scanning every inch of the Queen of Knights's form from his place on the throne. Magnificent, he thought. She was worth nothing less than a throne of her own, just beside his... or perhaps a singular large throne, as those Egyptians had? Yes, that sounded quite lovely. The grin on Gilgamesh's face could not be swept away by the strongest breeze, nor by the heaviest tide.

It was worth eons of discussion, the way she stood before him with all the poise of an innocent maiden. Even the way she held onto her virtues drove the King of Heroes to madness! What would he have to say about the time she'd taken, though? Well, given where his mind had gone within only a blink of her arrival, there was but one thing to say. "One day, you will not be bothered by such trivial things as choosing garments. You shall be far more concerned pondering over when your legs will regain functionality, as I will be joining you."

Artoria was soon more than vividly aware that Gilgamesh was staring at her. How strange it was to note that she didn't normally notice such things, but now having been made fully aware of them she could practically feel his eyes on her skin. She would not falter though she also would not be making eye contact. She was not certain what would be found in her own eyes, but she still didn't understand his fascination with her person, and as such she had no intention of giving him further ammunition. Too bad she did not realize that she had to do nothing other than exist and speak. Her words about dressing brought about a strange answer from Gilgamesh. The wheels in Artoria's mind turned and then she realized exactly what he meant. Those eyes of hers widened and her face shifted to a bright shade of red. Why was her face hot?! That didn't make sense, she should be offended right? He'd obviously misinterpreted her meaning, right?! How would she respond? Well, by saying that needed to be said, "You cannot say things like that King of Heroes! It puts the wrong ideas into the minds of all present. That is not what I meant at all and that is a wild misinterpretation of my meaning," she said turning her head back to the side to avoid an accidental moment of eye contact.

"Anyway, I was looking for undergarments and I found none and I was very confused because I have seen women walking around in loin cloths and the like with their chests out," she said giving a due amount of thought to all particulars. "And I do get it, warm weather tends to mean fewer layers but does everyone here literally just choose top or bottom coverage?!" she asked seemingly shocked and trying to recover from rather suddenly having a red face. "I would not want to reveal myself," she murmured. Siduri found herself looking at the Queen of Knights and in this moment, she was certain that this girl was definitely a girl and had very different customs from themselves. Moreover she wondered if she thought herself properly admonishing the King for his words. The term undergarments was used, but Siduri had seen some tiny strip of cloth on the bottom of the Queen of Knights when looking after her. She figured this was directly related to cold climate layering. Surely, all women below didn't dress with so many extra layers.

Perhaps the visiting Queen of Knights should have kept herself silent in the aftermath of Gilgamesh's words? She may have wanted to avoid handing him ammunition, but alas... the King of Heroes made ammunition of everything. Surely their battle a few days prior was testament to this, yet here she was... saying words that only armed him further, regardless of their intention. He was so amused by Artoria's reaction, he even leaned into his own knees, hands clasped and beaming down upon her. "Fuhahaha! And what wrong impression have I given? I assure you, my meaning is delivered as intended... unless you've missed the point," he rambled, head tilting as he sat fully within his element. "Shall I be clearer for you and the rest of this world? Siduri, take note. Engrave on the sturdiest tablet that the king will conquer the Queen of Knights, and she will be left gimp for a fortnight in the aftermath."

With all this talk of undergarments, one would wonder where the queen thought she was. This place was Uruk, of hot days and cold nights. It only made sense for one to go without those useless additional layers by sunlight, worrying for nothing by moonrise as they greeted the hearth at night. As for coverage... well, that was just pointless, wasn't it? "Spare my city your notions of propriety. One's form here need only be sheltered from the elements, not the wandering eyes of others. Clothing shall be as ornamentation. Do those garments not suit you? I find them... titillating~"

OH. NO. Artoria was clever enough to understand the King of Heroes meaning even without him going into further detail. That being said, the man himself was so amused by the entire situation that he even sat forward on his throne and laughed. He would have Siduri take dictation, to what end? Well, according to the King the record that was supposed to be made was one to do with his conquest of the Queen of Knights and her subsequent rest period thereafter. Siduri's eyes widened, poor girl and why would the King of Heroes bring her into this fray, she'd done nothing to deserve the Queen's ire. The color in Artoria's face hit a maximum peak of reddened color. What was she actually supposed to say to that? Her hand moved and she realized she was unarmed. Yes, violence was her first response and violence she would have. "I will have my weapon back now!" A demand issued by the Queen of Knights when she'd been so nice before now. Siduri could only wonder if she was about to bear witness to the violence of Artoria Pendragon. The Queen of Knights herself on the other hand, was so very confused by this man's forthright nature that she could hardly contain her own thoughts enough to process them. Who actually spoke so freely and why in all humanity was it aimed precisely at her? She needed to be armed. Yes, she realized that being armed against words was not at all conducive to continued conversation, but when one's life was violence a sword in hand calmed the nerves.

Ah, but it seemed before she even received her weapon she was due to receive more unnecessary torture from the King of Heroes. Clothing here was apparently basically optional, she'd gathered that from the amount of random nudity she saw on a day to day basis in the city. Again, she wasn't judging it was a personal matter of comfort that she sought. What was more, there was the claim that the King of Heroes liked what she'd chosen to wear, and wondered if she was displeased. WHAT?! Artoria was nowhere near armed enough to be hit with such a weapon today. Had anyone in her life ever complimented the way she looked before this point? No. She didn't even think much of her own attire at all. But that was a compliment was it not?! "I do not dislike the clothes. What I want, I want for my own comfort, I am not such a tyrant as to tell people about their own clothing choices," she mentioned having turned from outrage to normal in just a second or two if only to help herself along a bit. "Now, if you do not mind. I need my weapon and to go on a walk... before preparing to return back to Camelot," she mentioned her eyes closed for several moments only to open them and stare back at the King of Heroes taking a few steps forward and wait with open hand to take hold of the normal weight of Excalibur once more.

Oh, how would the chaste queen react now? Apparently, she'd do so by demanding the return of her weapon. How absolutely hilarious. It was no secret that he fully intended to bed this woman; that much was a given by his desire to wed her, was it not? The red hue stretched across her face had many implications, all of them good in some way to Gilgamesh. As such, he only laughed more. It had almost become painful by the time his guffawing came to an end, and by that time, Artoria was commenting on her... well, her apparent lack of clothing preference for visual purposes. "And you find comfort in further covering your unmentionables? Such grace you have with every movement; surely there is no chance of a mishap. By all means though, if such a thing were to happen, let it be so in my private quarters. I will allow it."

Again, Artoria spoke of Excalibur. This time was slightly different, as she began to approach the king at his throne. Watching her ascend those stairs made every event of this world thus far worthwhile, all for the sake of imagining her doing so as Queen of Uruk. Again... one day. Alas, the sorrowful moment of parting would soon be upon him. A hand was extended, and it would be filled with the Holy Sword Excalibur. "Very well. I have chosen to allow your rambunctious behavior, so here. As I will soon place part of myself in this hand, I return to you your sword. You may keep the dagger." Naturally, there would only be more of such speech each time they met; today would especially be no exception. There was greatness to this moment of passing, however. In parting moments, there had to be parting words befitting the state of acceptance Gilgamesh reached regarding this woman. "When next we meet, you will have a divine chalice to drink from after a toast to our union. I will tolerate nothing less from the likes of you."

The laughter of Gilgamesh at her current state of embarrassment was a thing the Queen of Knights had never heard so freely before. She was not sure, but somehow this man was instantly more tolerable while being in this sort of good mood, though she would not speak on that. The conversation shifted back to this lack of undergarments and she gave a small sigh. Of course, he would say the things he said. And even made the claim that he doubted she could reveal anything accidentally, though he gave her his permission to do so in his private quarters. "The functionality of clothing is equally important, whether I have the grace to avoid incident or not... I cannot imagine being in such a state for very long," she said softly. Truly, the Queen of Knights had an image to uphold and felt that the current level of exposure of her rear would taint that. Perhaps it wouldn't because she'd only ever felt the eyes of the King of Heroes on her so thoroughly, but her image of herself as a person was apparently very different from how the world saw her at large.

So after a few steps she was standing before Gilgamesh, that dagger was in her other hand and she'd intended to hand it back to him. But his words implied he did not wish to take it back from her. Curiosity painted the visage of Artoria as her hand closed around Excalibur. "My actions are never truly rambunctious, King of Heroes. In this case though, I do apologize in advance for the extra clerical duties that will befall you..." she said earnestly. Still her eyes shifted to that dagger in her other hand, she was told she could keep it, and found herself staring at it for a few seconds longer. Arguing about it would change nothing, that much was obvious given the king's attitude. "Thank you, for the dagger then." she said turning on her heel a firm grip on Excalibur. What was this, more words from the King of Heroes. He expected her to come back with her cup in her hand. Oh? He wasn't questioning her resolve or ability at this point, merely making a claim. The smallest upturn of Artoria's lips would take place as her feet were finally placed on the ground again. "Your toleration of the situation not withstanding King of Heroes... that cup is mine." Siduri looked at the Queen of Knights in this moment and knew the King of Heroes had chosen his bride well, whenever that came to pass, she'd happily serve them both. And with that statement alone Artoria went to retrieve her knight from his tasks and do a little spring cleaning before leaving the city of Uruk.

There she went. Moving away from the throne, Artoria Pendragon held fast to her Holy Sword as always. He knew the purpose of her preemptive apology; he'd known all along what she would do when released. For three days, he'd been laughing at it occasionally. Perhaps he'd laugh again once the future became the present? That would be incredible. Just as incredible though, was the conviction with which Artoria spoke of the Holy Grail. She sounded so very much like... him. To lay claim to something before it even existed was his divine privilege, and his alone. Of course, he could extend that right to his betrothed. Yes... it was allowable for her to behave that way.

And so, the king watched his future queen depart, presumably for the final time within the decade unless paths diverged along the way. Even ten years apart would be nothing, though. He'd spend the duration of a decade watching, and maybe, just maybe... he'd visit her in the world below when the Holy Grail reared its head once more. Now that he thought about it, that was a wonderful idea! Who better to great the Queen of Knights as she claimed her rite of ascension, than the king who accepted her into his midst long before the event transpired? Oh, he'd have to get a new suit to wear, or something along those lines. "Fufuhaha! Siduri! When the people come crying over the defiled temples, tell them the world belongs to mankind now, and send them on their way! I've been contemplating the possibilities for some time now, but... perhaps I will give this hope thing a try."

Siduri took note of the king's words. Was this truly what the Queen of Knights intended? She'd heard the woman was upset, heard she'd suffered an attempted attack at the hands of a certain vengeful goddess but she'd never expected someone so different, so very human to take on such a task. Cutting off the temple of a God or Goddess was a real way to end their power. With no where to go to, they'd have to migrate or be weakened in Celestia for some time to come. Artoria Pendragon, the blonde haired girl with a face most angelic planned to commit acts of sacrilege no one else had dared. Something about that as an ideal resonated within Siduri. Only a small smirk appeared on her face, beneath her veil, "Of course my King. It shall be done."

Artoria was not a rambunctious child by any means. Instead she was Queen and a woman. She'd decided weeks ago, that no god who allowed such depravity in their ranks deserved worship. She'd decided the goddess who perpetuated the rape of a virgin Queen over a man that woman barely understood, could not call herself a woman, much less one for worship. No. Artoria took unto herself what she always would, responsibility for the state of the world. Just as she'd wrested Albion from the hands of a Usurper, she'd pull mankind from the clutches of false deities. Those who did right by their people, she had no qualms with. The Pharaohs in Egypt were gods incarnate and they were fine individuals. Even Gilgamesh himself, two-thirds a divinity had shown more tact. No. The Queen of Knights had just the word no, to utter in response to atrocities, like the goddess Ishtar. She walked the countryside on her way back down, entering first into the temple of Ishtar. She ushered everyone out of said temple and then stood outside of it. That golden light raised high above her head as she charged a weapon. People would stay by awestruck as the cries were heard. "EX-CALIBUR!" the whole of a temple would crash down in its wake, leaving nothing but rubble behind. Each and everyone one she saw she took the same actions too, sparing disrespect based on their stories. The Crone, The Smith, The Stranger and the Mother, were headed by those with sense and those without absolute failure etched into their stories. But, she still could not allow one temple to stand. No, she took them all down and at the end of four days, she approached the chill of Camelot with a smile on her face having taken the realest step to freeing mankind. She had only a decades time to prepare for the next Holy Grail War. And so she would prepare.

Page 38 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast