Page 47 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Sadly, what Artoria knew was truth only for the moment, and only in some imaginary world where Gilgamesh was not king. In the real world they lived in, he was sovereign to all. In the real world, he would certainly have his way. In the real world, he knew for a fact that she would accept him and reciprocate interest in due time. Artoria chose lying to herself over embracing the truth of their future together, but that was fine for now. "Save the slaying of armies for later, Queen of Knights. When you choose to express your drunkenness in such a way, I will be there to witness your every graceful movement, and ensure that the aftermath is filled with pampering and debauchery. For now, there is are festivities to attend!"

Fully prepared to depart, the only thing left to decide was how they would be making the journey. Stylishly was, of course, the only true answer... but there would be much more to it than that. Gilgamesh swaggered his way up to the queen, hooking his free arm around her waste to drag her into his clutches. It would be in that same moment that he summoned the golden ark, Vimana, beneath himself. Gilgamesh would be immediately sat upon the throne of Vimana, ideally having pulled Artoria into his lap. A seat upon his groin was her just desserts, he thought. "Now, let us go!" the king announced. Vimana would respond immediately by taking flight into the sky, not at its previous speed of thought, but at a pace he considered viable for a more... scenic route toward Chaldea.

Gilgamesh spoke again and confusion played across the face of the Queen of Knights. Why was he like this? People were not supposed to be okay with the level of violence she offered to dish out. There was nothing alright with the way the King of Heroes acted around her. "You realize it is mad to offer pampering in the aftermath of violence, right? The rules of civility have not changed. Why does nothing make sense anymore?!" she asked of this man. Of course, she knew he would be this way all the time, that given the quality of his speech he meant his words and would in no way be talked out of it. But why? It was almost incomprehensible.

Whatever. It was fine. Artoria could recover from this. She could enjoy her few sips of wine, and prepare herself for an evening she didn't at all want in her honor. She'd let Gilgamesh accompany her even though she did not ask him to, and all would be well. No. No it wouldn't be. This man swaggered over to her, and she found herself hooked and dragged into his lap. They were rather instantly moving but she was so beyond shocked by the casual way he'd grabbed her she couldn't really do anything about it. Even her hands were currently full between Rhongomyniad and the Holy Grail. And where was she sitting now? Within his lap. No. Absolutely not. "Unhand me, King of Heroes!" She demanded. How dare he put her into such an embarrassing position. She was not a child she didn't need this sort of assistance. It almost seemed lost upon her why one would sit an adult woman in their laps. All she wanted now was out of this rather childish position.

"Hmph. Is it madness, or is it sensible? Felling an army can be mentally and physically tiresome, whether one is capable of it or not. For you to do so, you must be properly treated afterwards," he countered. There was no madness in pampering after the violent massacre of hundreds, even thousands. Such a thing should be the norm, as far as he was concerned. "Besides, it would be a waste of alcohol for you to do anything but relax under my care after whatever you choose to do."

Once they took to the sky, Artoria had but one demand: for Gilgamesh to unhand her. In the following moment, Gilgamesh had nothing but laughter to offer. Seconds of this passed before the slyest of gazes fell upon her. He leaned in, speaking only when the distance between their faces became something dangerous. He was grinning from ear to ear, wine on his breath, a glimmer in his eye, and his arm holding the queen more firmly against him. Why had she demanded releasing, he wondered. Was it embarrassment? Perhaps she felt his groin beneath her thigh, and feared the sensation of it? No, he doubted it would be anything so glorious. Either way... "Why would I even think to do something like that? Once something has been regarded as treasure, it is mine to claim. Once I have determined that a treasure is more valuable than any other, I will embrace it with all I have, letting it from neither sight nor clutches for the rest of time. Even you, the treasure I have chosen, do not have the power to stop me."

Sensible. According to the King of Heroes, it was sensible to relax after felling an entire army because it could be both mentally and physically stressful. "I would call felling an army fun..." Artoria countered. Something about that wasn't truly strange to her. She did actually enjoy fighting, killing and in general having a proper outlet for her obviously violent personality. Why anyone thought relaxing afterward was necessary when it was relaxing to do the thing in the first place? Regardless it seemed it would be a waste of alcohol for her not to relax while in his care. "I feel like several assumptions are being made here that I do not like," she said giving it a bit more thought than normal. Why would she want to be in his care? She was a sovereign unto herself, why did she need to be cared for? Why was he still being honest in saying words like this? Her head would hurt if she thought about it too much.

Luckily, or rather unluckily enough she wouldn't be granted much time to consider philosophy. No. Instead she was having an entire fit in the lap of the King of Heroes. Why was she here? Well because he wanted her to be, but there were so many problems. Not the least of which was the fact that after she demanded to be let go, he simply held her tighter in place. Strangely enough she did not feel fearful of him, instead she was cross about his closeness. Leave it to him, to capitalize upon this and move closer a sly grin on his face as she spoke to her from a distance most would never consider reaching. And what did he have to say for himself? She was treasure with value indeterminable so he had claimed her. She couldn't force him to relinquish her, from his sights nor his clutches? Her entire face was a brilliant shade of red. He was still being honest. Maybe one day, she wouldn't be surprised by the fact that he wasn't lying to her about his feelings, but here and now she was both surprised and embarrassed. She couldn't refute any of his points, but she could not sit within his lap happily. "Be that as it may, it is wildly inappropriate and exceedingly embarrassing to be an adult sitting in someone's lap. Release me, immediately!" Maybe one day, she'd notice she didn't actually mind being within such a space at all, but right now she really wanted both of her feet to be on solid ground and as much physical space as she could put between herself and the King of Heroes. And given the current items within her hands, she hadn't even tried to attack him, perhaps she'd notice that one day as well...

She found fun in combat, even against armies. Of course she did; that much should have been apparent all along. The two of them shared a love of battle, but therein lied the difference. In his experience, to fell an army was nothing more than pest control, where the only thing "fun" was the celebration of yet another glorious victory. Nevertheless, there was not a single assumption being made by the King of Heroes. He stated only the facts, even though they were not factual just yet. No matter. Artoria still desired release from his grasp. This was inappropriate, was it? "And what do you know of propriety? Where does my woman belong, if not in my lap? Abrasive as you are, one would naturally presume you desire such a position."

Only a moment of thought followed Gilgamesh's statement. Following that, he snickered. If it was not his lap she desired, he could easily acquiesce in a different way. "Or shall I take my place atop you, instead? I would gladly do so," he declared. Despite her insistence, he had not yet released her. He even banished his own grail to the treasury, placing that freed hand against the opposite side of her face. If he had a mind to, he would tilt her head and taste of her lips then and there, but... no. Perhaps he would actually wait until her desire was clear. Perhaps he wouldn't. Either way, he needn't rush that which was a certainty. "Besides, look at you. How could I possibly let you go, when the alternative is enjoying the look on your face when it is tinted red with bashfulness? The most hilarious jester and the most melodious bard could not put together a show so entertaining as this."

Gilgamesh saw army clearing as pest control, Artoria came to realize in their previous conversation that the King of Heroes took his joy of combat seriously. That was to say, he seemed to enjoy the challenge of combat not just the action of it. Artoria, or rather Hoshimi Eri enjoyed killing while also enjoying the reactions of those whom she would fell. How strong they were, only mattered for her honor, for her fun, she needed only to experience something different than the reaction she expected. Ah, but she wouldn't get to keep that little happiness. Of course, he claimed his woman belonged in his lap and that her own attitude would imply she wished to be there. "Nothing in my attitude implies any such thing. Especially when I have spoken to the contrary!" The King of Heroes statements were far too loaded for the mind of the Queen of Knights.

Oh. This was a sexual thing. Why was this a sexual thing?! "You know that is not what I meant at all!" Her face couldn't have been redder if she'd actually managed to get drunk before this little outing. Why did he always manage to do this to her. Every time she was in his company, she was made distinctly aware of the fact that he knew she was a girl and saw her as such. Even now, there was a soft hand upon her face. He'd done this before, and she'd not known how to respond then either. Her eyes simply widened well past the normal stoicism she managed for every other aspect of her life. Who was she supposed to be when he acted like this? How was she supposed to act? There was nothing in either of her lifetimes worth of training for this level of impropriety. "No one asked you to enjoy embarrassing me, King of Heroes!" Artoria was at a loss, she generally was whenever she was in conversation with the King of Heroes in moments like these. Why did he cause her to react so strangely? She could hardly recognize her own attitude when she was in a moment like this. Looking at him from this distance with her face so red how was she supposed to feel? Why would she have wanted to be in his lap, what about her personality implied she would like that? What difference would position make to sex? She didn't know enough about any of this to understand the point. Why was he interested in her when it was so obvious she could not understand his points? The Queen of Knights would spend so much of her time confused by this man she was unsure of how to become less confused.

"H'oh? Anyone with a mind for pleasure would say otherwise. But, that is fine. It does please me to take my place above you, rather than below. My experience will guide us both to the heavens and beyond, I assure you~" he proclaimed with absolute certainty, just as he did with everything else. Artoria's behavior was simply hilarious; he could hardly stop laughing at this point. "Fufuhahahaha! You needn't be shy. Look at you, a divine queen reduced to this! Save some blood for the rest of you, Queen of Knights. You will especially need some for your legs when you decide to lock me in place because you cannot bear the idea of me stopping. Ah, yes... the day you receive my heirs will be a wonderous one."

If it was not yet clear how certain of himself the King of Heroes was, more clarity would undoubtedly be provided as time passed. Just now, he could almost feel her cheek against his lips, while both of their lips were just nearly meeting at the corner. To Artoria's credit, she had yet to actually shy away from him. He could almost let that be interpreted as interest, but the time had not come for her to understand why they were destined to be. "And no one gave you permission to believe I do not enjoy every aspect of your existence, Queen of Knights. You should never let yourself be so foolish as to think otherwise. Just look─ here you are, admitting that a few honeyed words are enough to fluster the impassive Lady King of Camelot. What will truly come of our loins intertwining, I wonder." Indeed, he did wonder. Why, though? Well... he would also be revealing that. "Hmph. I dare not even spoil the surprise for myself. It is only with a king's restraint that I can refrain from tasting the wine presently coloring your lips. Why do you not flee from such an eventuality? That is also a curiosity."

Gilgamesh kept talking and Artoria couldn't help but have her eyes widen more. What were these sentences coming out of his mouth? Was it meant to be comforting that he could take charge? Did women find that comforting? "These words are language. They are put together in a way that I understand their meaning, but I do not understand them at all..." the Queen of Knights was beyond aghast. Only Gilgamesh had ever managed to confuse her in such a way and he probably would have no idea why she had so much confusion surrounding how to deal with him. Her own mind was set up in such a way that she had a set way of dealing with every situation. But no one had ever told her she'd have to deal with this man being this way... she had no preset way of dealing with his advances, and now understanding exactly how sincere they were, she was even less prepared than she had been initially.

The King of Heroes was quite right, she was a divine queen being reduced to a bumbling mess of a maiden girl by words alone. She hadn't even the presence of mind to pull away. But that wasn't really a negative thing at all. She simply wasn't the type to back away in a fight or flight kind of situation. She couldn't bring herself to fight either because she wasn't sure the level of violence needed for this situation. Her life had gained a level of confusion she wasn't entirely certain how to deal with. Even now, according to this man he hadn't bothered to properly look into the future to see what would come of their union though he had an idea it would be happening. He wanted to be surprised by the information. "What? How the hell do you justify having clairvoyance not to use it for the sake avoiding spoilers?! All of you people with it for future sight are odd, and I refuse to believe otherwise," she exclaimed completely unsure of how to proceed. As for why she didn't bother pulling away the answer to that was rather simple and yet still complicated. "I am not inclined to fleeing even when I lack clarity. I am confused but I do not find you to be innately dangerous to me so I am uncertain how to proceed." Artoria's words were long winded but they did have purpose, she did not completely understand her thoughts about the King of Heroes. "You annoy me, but I have been told I use that word for things I cannot currently verbalize. I do not dislike you... but I have no preset understanding of how to deal with you," Artoria's words explained much about herself and also very little. She was in her previous life, an assassin one without ego. Her own personality had been long since lost, she had different methods of dealing with people. Faces and facets she showed when necessary. She knew the face of the Queen of Camelot. She knew the face of doting big sister Eri, she knew the face of the warrior-queen who stood between innocents and danger. She had no face to understand how she felt about the King of Heroes. "I need guidance, I would have words with my sister!"

Language? Yes, Gilgamesh's words were indeed a very special language. The language of love, however, was not one to be understood by the stoic Knight-Queen of Camelot. Again, that was fine. As if teaching a child, he would continue speaking the words until the words themselves, and their context, was understood and regurgitated. And, just as his golden capital was used to launch an array of treasures in the likeness of machine fire, he would continue freely throwing every ounce of his adoration at this wonderful woman until it made her crumble.

What of his clairvoyant ability? Only one who knew, could truly know, in a manner of speaking. He could not simply look into the future for everything. "It is not the future these eyes see. What I see beyond all present truths in this world, is the endless web of possibilities ahead. It is my preferred path that sets in motion the events of mongrels who inherit a semblance of my gift," he stated. He'd seen her standing before him in garments one such as herself could have only received from him. He'd seen an impossible woman standing there, waiting to receive all that he had to offer, and decided... all other futures were forfeit. It was a matter so simple to him, he could even consider all other possibilities as hogwash. In fact, it seemed as easy as Artoria herself making the decision to avoid fleeing from their current proximity. He was not a danger to her? To her sanctity, perhaps, but to nothing else. He was annoying to her? What else could a spouse be? She did not dislike him? Soon enough, she would love him. All of these things were clear not even in his eyes, but in his mind. Now, she sought the council of her sister. How laughable. "She will be there for the festivities. Did you think I would not rouse your every associate and relative to bask in victory at your side?" he asked. When Gilgamesh claimed he had brought everyone along, he did mean everyone. As they reached the upper limits of the world, entering Finis Chaldea and approaching the floating island prepared specifically for this event, he scoffed at the idea of doing anything less. Of course, scoffing wasn't all he had to do. "So then, since you will not flee, shall you fight? My future queen is more than welcome to attack my lips with her own, if she is feeling so bold~"

Good good. Artoria would get a moment or two of reprieve while the King of Heroes explained the nature of his clairvoyance. According to him, he saw the possibilities of the future, and the ones he chose were the ones that went forward. Everyone else who had use of the ability got to see what he decided upon. To Artoria there was only one way to respond to that information, "That sounds so unnecessary and uncommonly stressful," she said. Then again, she was already having a hard time, just knowing how luck and deceit were bent around her, so it made sense that she took issue with this as an ability. What else was there, the matter of her sister, according to the King of Heroes her sister would be there at the celebration. He'd roused all her friends and associates to share in her victory? "Really?!" she questioned as if astonished. She wasn't speaking after all of the Queen of Saints, she was speaking of her elder sister, the errant lake fairy. "You know which one I mean..." she seemed confused by that. Of course, with the apparent level of his clairvoyance it was less surprising but still no less extravagant as an idea.

Moving right along, he was still dangerously close to her face. According to him, if she would not flee she was free to attack his lips instead. If she was feeling so bold. She had to think about that, "I do not know if I should..." she said giving it thought. This was another moment of needed guidance. Well she was already talking so perhaps she'd avoid being completely dishonest, "I have not kissed anyone in this body. And before that I only gave forehead kisses to Emi or well, the sort that are used for the sake of lowering the guard of a target on a job," she said. Ah that was it, Artoria or rather Hoshimi Eri, didn't know what to do with emotions that were genuine because she did not experience them that way. She'd only used emotions as tactics to seamlessly and emotionlessly kill, never for her own sake. In this case, she had no idea why she would have kissed the King of Heroes so it wasn't a thought that crossed her mind. And now that he'd mentioned it, she'd begun thinking and had no idea if it was something she should be doing at all. She was the Queen of Knights, that seemed like the sort of thing that would contradict her image in some way.

Page 47 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast