Page 52 of 178 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Toast offered, and toast accepted, Siegfried finally had his opportunity to taste of this ultimate wine. With only a single sip taken, he had to admit... it truly was the quality one would expect to offer the gods. That Golden King had his head far enough up his own arse, he could sniff his own beating heart... but with constant access to drinks so divine, surely he had some reason to think himself so high and mighty. "Goodness. Forgive me if I'm being rude, but I think sainting someone capable of making this would be something of a downgrade. This is something beyond humanity," he declared with a strange amount of certainty. Of course, he'd recently claimed something that may have actually been a bit rude. His eyes widened, and he thought to clarify. "No offense, of course! I don't mean to imply that you're any lesser, or anything."

Apparently, Artoria having her current title would mean all knights were subservient to her regardless of any previous allegiances. That was... a bit ridiculous, but also more sensible than anything else Lancelot ever heard. "Is that so? Lucky for everyone you received the title then, eh? I wouldn't want anyone else having that. You're expecting Arthur to be your brother still, yes? I guess that puts blondie at number 3 if that happens." Lancelot recalled mention of an Arthur Pendragon appearing someday, and he supposed he would be just as willing to serve him as he was to the Queen of Saints. That, however, was more a matter of their will being treated as an extension of his queen's own. Such would be the same treatment King Gilgamesh received, if Artoria pursued him at all.

Surprise, surprise. According to Agravain and their greater archive of knowledge from time spent in this realm, Artoria Pendragon had been the technical victor of the previous Holy Grail War as well. Since she felled the King of Heroes, that actually made perfect sense. It wasn't as if she would have come to blows with her sister or anything, so it was assumable they worked together. "Really? So then, we should all be returning to toast our queen's honor, shouldn't we? My Queen, is there anything else you care to share with us? I'm sure all this talk is an unnecessary stress, especially during a celebration meant for you."

A laugh escaped Jeanne at the reaction of Siegfried. Moreover his secondary explanation was almost enough to incite glee. "Bwahahaha!~ No, no, you're right. I feel like she deserves every title in the world though~" said Jeanne. Siduri was quite deserving of her own kind of pure and unadulterated worship. Jeanne was sure if this woman wanted to be worshiped as a goddess and many would become her patrons, Jeanne herself included. Whatever the case, Siduri was technically receiving exactly that already, simply by virtue of being praised for making such wine already.

Apparently, it was lucky that Artoria had the title she did. Both the Lady Kay and the Lady Galahad found such a power to be a bit outlandish but apparently one deserved by anyone who could claim a Holy Grail for themselves. The words of Lancelot made a small smile come to Artoria's face, that man was a bit too honest for his own good. As for what she expected from this word Artoria could do nothing but nod. "Yes, I expect the world to still provide my twin his place as he deserves it," she said this as if it was an absolute truth, but given she'd now seen two of her siblings she could at least make assumptions. Gawain seemed to take the news well enough, and the previous win of a Holy Grail was apparently something Artoria was being given credit for, a sigh escaped her. "Nothing else I can think of. Do try not to be too shocked about anything else though...it is still a party we should enjoy it," she offered those words even while knowing she hated these sorts of gathers. And with that she shoo'd everyone back inside and went along herself. The two lady knights and Agravain gave bows and once she reached inside there was a tiny cry. "Aunty!!!" A small blonde with green eyes in a peasant style dress came bounding towards Artoria with near reckless abandon. This would cause gazes to shift upon the Queen of Knights who would find herself opening arms to this lass to catch her in the air. She hadn't expected to see this one, but she supposed it was always possible. "Little Wolf, congratulations, you finished your training!" she said swinging the girl around with a happy smile on her face. "Of course I did, Sir Lancelot helped me, but that isn't important at all!" the small girl explained in the most animated fashion. This one reminded Artoria so much of her younger sister, she'd found herself easily attached to her. "Gareth, you shouldn't refer to our Queen in such a familiar way all the time," said Agravain who was trying not to be childishly jealous at the girl getting away with such a thing. "But, she is our Aunty, and she doesn't mind at all," the other girl said with a pout on her puffy little face.

"I can't really argue. I don't know this Siduri woman, though, so there's not much I can really say," Siegfried declared. With that, he took another sip of wine... and another... and another. It was delectable enough that he simply couldn't stop, and after all, this was a party. Alas, he thought badly of this indulgence. The knight had given his word that he'd act as a form of security here, so he couldn't really afford to drink very much. "Sadly, I'll have to limit myself to this one. I'll keep my wits about me, just incase."

Meanwhile, the Knights of the Round Table were ending their little meeting and returning to the ongoing event. Many cups were raised as Artoria passed by the partygoers, whether words were shared or not. Of the few who spoke, there was one young girl yelling "aunty" at the queen. Stray glances made their way back toward Artoria and the encroaching young knight. Included in those who looked their way, were the likes of Lancelot and Gawain, the latter of whom sighed even while smiling. "She is, Gareth, but Agravain is right. Our aunt is also our queen, and should be given her respectful title... at least in formal venues like this," Gawain offered in addition to Agravain's chiding. He was ever the spoiler with this young one, but apparently Artoria was no better─ if she wasn't somehow far worse. Regardless, Lancelot took pause to express another issue. In all these years, there was one thing he didn't realize at all. Gawain and Gareth were siblings, true. Gareth was the niece of Artoria; he came to understand this in recent times. Since when was Agravain related to any of them?! "Agravain? What does she mean our aunty?! You're in this too?!" he asked, seemingly aghast. Gawain began laughing immediately. How that never became obvious was amusing to him, but he supposed Agravain had always been very... different.

"If I see her around I'll introduce you. She's lovely!~" Jeanne only ever had pleasant things to say about the wine-maker, live assistant of the King of Heroes. Whatever the case, it would seem that Siegfried was a lot like the Queen of Knights in his perceived job duties to fun ratio. This of course, made Jeanne scoff, why? Because how could two people be so similar. "Sieg, you're no fun! It's a party and look my sister is smiling you have nothing to worry about~" she said happily. Of course, he didn't realize he'd already taken the first drink and the trap had been laid. By the end of the night she'd see him just as drunk and happy as she had her sister a decade prior. But, she realized in the something. "Wait, did that kid just call my sister Aunty?!" she said.

Meanwhile, Gareth was being scolded by both her older siblings about how she chose to address their aunt the Queen of Knights. "But but..." she was still pouting and Artoria found that adorable. "Leave Gareth alone. She finished her training and she is here. She can call me what she wants. She is right I do not mind," she said giving the child encouraging head pats before plucking her little cheeks. "But no pouting. You should still take the advice of your siblings to heart, they are looking out for you." she finished which had the young girl's face shift a bit but she smiled still. Before sticking her tongue out at Agravain about being told she could still call Artoria's title as she wished. Yes, the Queen of Knights well and truly spoiled children, and that was a thing of note even among the knights. One such knight seemed to not understand what was going on, and that was Lancelot who took issue with the idea that Agravain was part of the immediate family of the Queen of Knights. Gawain seemed to find this funny and Artoria realized why this was the case. Only they were soon being joined and it'd be better to get the whole of the explanation out of the way at once. "Wait wait, Aunty? Eri-nee is this kid your niece... our niece?!" there was near shock in Jeanne as she approached. But in the same moment she could see why Artoria was so nice to this child, it was pretty obvious this kid looked and behaved like Emi did, even to her. "Agravain, did you not see fit to inform the Queen of Saints that you were her niece while being in her care for five years?" Artoria asked, and to Agravain's credit the lass managed to look sheepish. "It did not come up in conversation, my Queen." she managed. "Niece?! Agravain is a girl?!" Jeanne was shocked. "No, more pressing question whose kids are these?" she asked this was a brave new world for the Queen of Saints. "They are Rie's kids. Gawain, Agravain, and Gareth..." Artoria explained. What a revelation, actually looking at Gawain that relation was obvious. He looked like a buffer version of her big brother, to Jeanne. But these other kids, and the idea that their elder sister was here and she hadn't seen her yet was surprising. "RIE-NEE IS HERE!?" Near outrage from the Queen of Saints. "Shit. I forgot to visit," the Lake Fairy said as Artoria pointed to her from this distance across the room.

"I'm sure she is, if you're speaking of her so highly," Siegfried replied, taking yet another swig of wine thereafter. Apparently, he was no fun for refusing the idea of additional drink. He looked toward the Queen of Knights when she was spoken of, and being easily convinced by Jeanne as he was, he was finding himself quickly considering at least a second cup. "Well..." he said. Ah, but that clause would not reach completion. Jeanne had become bothered by something: the address of her sister as "Aunty" by someone. How interesting it was that she didn't know about her own nieces or nephews. Perhaps there was a story behind it? Well, Siegfried would be finding out soon enough, as he followed suit and kept to the Queen of Saints' side.

When Jeanne and her apparently faithful night approached, a very interesting discussion was taking place indeed. Gareth was being allowed to address Artoria as she liked, even in such a would-be professional setting. Gawain expected this, and so did Lancelot. Of course, the former chuckled while the latter sighed. "You know, if not for overwhelming might, your image would be terrible by now," Lancelot commented. More pressing though, was the matter of Artoria's lengthening list of relatives. Who expected Agravain to be one of those siblings, considering their massive difference to the others? Siegfried had seen Agravain a few times in the past half decade; they had even trained together quite a few times. Apparently, some information about their identity had been left out when spending all that time in Jeanne's company... including the fact that she was a girl. He was trying to keep a steady expression when essentially meeting his girlfriend's sister and her crew, but Siegfried couldn't stop a snicker creeping through his nose. "Ahem. My apologies," he said. Meanwhile, Gawain was still laughing at it all as well, though there was one more name Jeanne required on the list of siblings. "And Gaheris. You know how he gets," he stated, knowing how rowdy the male younger than himself would be when hearing his name was left out.

Apparently everyone in Artoria's company knew she would cave to the child at her legs. Having placed Gareth on the ground the lass stayed clutched to Artoria's hip which the Queen of Knights seemed not to mind at all. Lancelot's words about how Artoria would be seen given how easily she folded on such matters made the Queen of Knights scoff at the very least. "I wish someone would say something about how I deal with my little ones. I would slaughter an entire country before I let such a thing change my life," Artoria said these words and meant them absolutely. Granted she was also proving Lancelot's point by saying that, but such a thing fell out of her mouth long before she could have censored it. "Eri-nee too violent!" Right, the Queen of Saints always being saintly. "Fine, fine. Less violent," Artoria held up her hands in surrender, such was about the only situation that could make her do so. Of course, the laughter of Siegfried surrounding the Agravain situation and Gawain who would always laugh at such things. Meanwhile Agravain managed to look absolutely bashful in such a moment. "I am a girl, yes. My apologies Queen of Saints, it slipped my mind that it would not be obvious," Agravain apologized hoping to avoid Artoria's wrath for being evasive. It was the one major sticking point the Queen of Knights had about her so she always tried to be good.

At the same time, Artoria now had her eyes on Siegfried and they hadn't moved since laying into him. The Queen of Knights found herself looking up at a rather beastly man. But that wasn't it, there was something about him that innately gave her the desire to fight. To battle him into submission. "I left Gaheris out for a reason. Emi, if you meet him. Beat him into submission immediately. No hesitation. It will save you from something that will annoy you more than I do," she said with a small smile reaching her face. Gaheris was one of the children who had the worst possible attitude. He needed a great deal of tempering, more so than any other. "Eri-nee you know I am not like that. Only you choose violence first," she said carefully. "You will change your mind about that considering your sticking points. Now then what is he," she said about Siegfried. "Oh, this is, Sieg." Jeanne said happily. Artoria had heard mentions of Sieg and now she was looking at him and then back to her sister and she was bordering upon furious but not for any normal reason. "What is the rest? His name is far too short... Look at him, that name is not sensible. Where is the rest of it!?" she said immediately. And Agravain for her part in this began inching away carefully. Oops, there was something else she'd forgotten to mention. "Agravain do not move." A chill went down the blonde lass' spine. She'd stared Gilgamesh in the eye almost unflinchingly but the order of the Queen of Knights put fear directly into her heart.

"Rie-nee no swearing and why haven't I seen you?!" she said looking genuinely hurt. The errant Lake Fairy made her way over with a hand rubbing the back of her head looking rather sheepish. "Look it kind of slipped my mind. But I didn't leave you alone or anything... you've been taking my advice for ages... what do you think your 'angels' actually are?" Vivian said carefully. The angels of Jeanne D'Arc were actually fae, connected directly to herself to share her messages about the future and give advice. She would always help her siblings even while being a bit aloof herself. "Too aloof. You should stop that, and why is Eri-nee raising your kids?!" she asked seeming to find it a strange arrangement. "Because my kids are all pretty powerful and need discipline and I don't not really have time to handle it. Besides, she is so much better at parenting than I can be. It's like one of her best qualities, disciplinarian with a spoiling streak~" said Vivian while opening her arms to her younger sister who would immediately bury herself into her arms. "Ah, there there, no need to be upset. You don't exactly need me or anything," she said.

As if to automatically prove Lancelot's point, violence was Artoria's immediate answer to even the idea of anyone saying anything negative about her behavior. "My point," was all he said in response. There was little else to address regarding that matter. Artoria was, and always had been, some sort of monster whose power and aggressiveness superseded any sort of attitude she could ever exemplify. If nothing else, she should be called a tyrant... And apparently one who had no problem advocating the preemptive assault on her own nephew. Gawain expressed minor shock and moderate amusement, and Lancelot showed only the latter.

Siegfried, however, stifled the coming laughter. He was under the Queen of Knights' scrutiny. It was oddly aggressive, and he, too, felt oddly aggressive. Aloud though, the woman chose to question his name... and existence? What is he, she said. What an interesting way to address a new person. Did he appear monstrous in form or spirit? Perhaps there was something else to it. Whatever the case, she determined that the name "Sieg" was far too short for him, for whatever reason she had. Since Jeanne was conveniently busy talking to her other sibling, he supposed the responsibility of awkward question answering rested on his shoulders. Oh well. A single step forward, and he bowed. "Siegfried is my full name," he said. His introduction was a humble one, but in full, he was hailed as the "Dragon-Blooded Knight" after driving a Holy Sword through the evil dragon Fafnir. He'd bathed in the dragon's blood, drank it even, and developed an invulnerability across his body from becoming Dragon Kind as a result. He was not one to openly talk about all of that, though─ especially given his Achilles' Heel-style weakness. "It's a pleasure, My Queen."

"I am aware of your point Lancelot," these were Artoria's words on the matter. She truly was a warlord at heart, might made right, as far as she was concerned. She was surely the type to beat anyone into submission if she needed to and ask questions later. Thus the words about her nephew Gaheris were likely less than surprising to her own knights who knew that particular young man. "Alright, but I will hear nothing about the nature of his mouth. I warned you," These were Artoria's words to the Queen of Saints. If Agravain had Artoria's original assassin disposition, Gaheris had the mouth she couldn't allow herself, and with it the attitude of a teen boy in the midst of puberty. Whatever while Jeanne was being babied properly by her big sister, Artoria was confronted by Sieg. Oh he had real name as it was Siegfried. That was a bit better, still with her eyes on this man she truly wanted nothing more than to fight. Even so, his introduction came with a certain amount of truth that Artoria could not be mad about.

Artoria's scrutiny was physically palpable, but eventually at a bowed introduction only that small smirk she was known for seemed to come from her face. "I see... that is more sensible then. It is nice to meet you." she said ever so carefully. But then there was something else. Artoria was no stupid being she understood the way her sister talked about this man, though she never felt any such inclination herself. She'd sent Argavain to check on the Queen of Saints and assure her safety and this seemed exactly like the sort of thing that should have been brought to her attention. "Agravain, you've known about this for the duration of this decade and felt no need to mention it?" she asked of the girl. That chill Agravain felt had developed into full panic. The blonde lass was sweating bullets and the tips of her two index fingers were tapping together in the most obvious showing that she was a girl in all of her physical characteristics. "I... uh... found... um rather. I was aware of this information my Queen. Sir Siegfried is a very capable individual and moreover the Queen of Saints has him at her beck and call. She truly couldn't be safer unless she was in your care directly," Agravain managed, even while her heart was practically beating out of her chest. The fact that she had such good things to say about the man set Artoria at ease in spite of her own need to dominate as a dragon. The fact that there had been almost a half decade gap where she could have found this out, made the look on Artoria's face shift. "Oh? That is high praise from you Agravain, I wonder what I must do to make sure such things of this magnitude never slip your mind again?" There was a question and Artoria's eyes had lost the energy of the moment, and Agravain knew the Queen of Knights would be putting her through the ringer even if she hadn't said those exact words. "Shit! She's going to kill me. I'm sorry Aunty..." she started which only made Artoria seem to loom quite a bit as her had reached out to pat the other blonde's head. It was such a sweet gesture but it came with full menacing eye contact. "Enjoy your night, Agravain." What a threat such kind words were. Agravain was about to experience physical torture the likes of which those who knew in this world immediately folded under. She knew that the morning would bring the full force of the Queen of Knights upon her for this oversight, she might as well be flogged. All the while Jeanne finally looked back. "Language! Eri-nee, I don't know if a threat like that counts as parenting, but no dead eyes directed at kids." Jeanne said, Agravain flinched and bowed a second time. It was far too late for such a thing. Agravain was feeling despair. "No, no... this is peak parenting. It's great!" said Vivian who also looked at Siegfried carefully. "You missy, have a lot of explaining to do though because this is a beast of a man~" she said shifting all teasing attention towards Jeanne instead of her own daughter. Such would be the only help Vivian could offer her eldest daughter. Agravain had sparking scarlet eyes of her emotional discontent, but felt well loved even knowing her punishments were coming swiftly.

Even two individuals who felt naturally inclined to combat one another could be cordial in a moment of meeting. At least, this proved to be the case between Artoria and Siegfried. He still felt strangely, though. There was a nervousness about Siegfried, just under the surface and brought about not by the queen's standing, but by her relationship to one Jeanne d'Arc. Speaking of relationships with the Queen of Saints, it seemed the one Siegfried maintained with the woman was rather clear to her sister. Given the discussion between Artoria and Agravain, Siegfried was left more nervous and rubbing the back of his neck. Was he being reduced to a schoolboy this day? It certainly seemed like he was picking up a date, having to deal with her parents and so on. He couldn't be sure if the Queen of Knights was giving her approval or still sizing him up, but he didn't enjoy this phase of waiting for no answer. "I uh..." What could he even say? It felt as if judgment was upon him, yet there was an ongoing discussion of a very violent nature (even if somewhat hidden) occurring between the likes of Artoria and Agravain. Could he even insert himself? Would that be a good idea? Why wasn't Jeanne backing him up here?! Siegfried was the largest, most physically intimidating man in the room, bar none... and here he was about to have a mental breakdown over the observations of a small girl. What would his solution be? Well, he'd start by bowing again. "This seems to be a rather meaningful family gathering. I'll be taking my leave for now," he said. It was probably best to just move away from this whole scene, right? Yes, that sounded like a grand idea within the dragon slayer's head. . .

Artoria's eyes went back to the hulking man before her. Her younger sister was always a bit strange, but this was outlandish. Of course, given the words of Agravain and her younger sister's own obvious interest she had no actual qualms with Siegfried. Well, aside from that nagging desire to fight him, but she could put that off for a while at least. Besides all that she could see him for what he was, her newest developed hidden skill meant that she fully understood this man's intention, it was hardly worth the extra introduction aside from torturing her younger sister a bit for putting her through so much so recently. "What? What do I need to explain. He's Sieg we talked about this..." Jeanne said to Artoria as if she knew what was going on here and it wasn't worth discussing. "No. No. Sieg is the name of a squire that gets beaten up by his peers and is bullied at every turn. That... is not what that is. That needs a few more syllables, and a title or two..." Artoria said which made the eyes of Jeanne sparkle. "You cannot fight him, Eri-nee," she said with a swift nod of her head. "Of course I cannot, yet. Everyone seems to have taken up the idea of disarming me when I need to behave like I do not have a weapon to draw if I want to," she said the Queen of Knights was practically pouting. "Well, as long as you understand I am not giving you Excalibur until this party is over," Vivian said seemingly pleased with herself. "I still have a weapon. Two if I am feeling it. Do not test me, Fae Princess," she said to her elder sister. Ah, Artoria was coming back into a face that was closer to one which should belong to her base personality. That seemed to be good news, right? But Siegfried himself, seemed content to disappear from the sight of the Queen of Knights. Ah, Artoria, would she torture this man today? She could, but... he was so obviously out of sorts she couldn't actually enjoy doing something like that. After all, she'd been so recently in the same position herself, she'd actually feel a bit guilty doing such a thing to another. "If that is the case I assume you should be here, but... As you like, Siegfried," she offered which was about as free as one like Artoria could be with her approval. She still wished to fight him, but she could hold that off for later.

"Oh? He won over Eri in seconds. You should probably marry him~" mentioned Vivian which made the Queen of Saints blush drastically. "You can't just say things like that!" she exclaimed. That exact reaction made Artoria smile, truly something radiant and blinding enough for her sisters to find it amusing as well. Whatever the case her sisters approving of the man she liked was important to Jeanne regardless of everything else. So it could be called a win for the day. She'd even managed to avoid a fight and let the man keep his dignity this day, that was great. The only thing she couldn't do was save Agravain from her training nor do anything in particular about Artoria's brand of parenting. "You had any wine yet? You should... I mean it is your celebration after all~" these were Jeanne's words to Artoria, of course they were the first real words the girl gave her sister and Artoria could only shrug. "Well, I technically had two before getting here, but if it is my party I might as well have a good time," she said which was enough for Vivian to look at the lass with a raised brow. Where did she get two drinks before she got here, hm?

Page 52 of 178 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast