Page 53 of 178 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Luckily for Siegfried, the Queen of Knights was in a mood to accept his sudden exodus. Ah, but there was more to it than that, wasn't there? He referred to this meeting as a meaningful family gathering, and she proclaimed that it was only more reason for him to be present. Oh? He supposed then, he had at least some modicum of acceptance from one of two present siblings. Good... good. The tiniest widening of eyes occurred as he rose from bowing. "Hm. I'll be going then. Anyone may call upon me if I am needed," he announced prior to departure. Siegfried walked off, knowing he would have preferred fighting the Queen of Knights in open combat than what he'd so recently been through. One could never expected to gain fame from dragon-slaying, only to be subjected to a prom night meeting some years later.

Now that the target of Artoria's scrutiny was gone, it was time for her to become the target once more. She'd never let go of that Holy Grail, and now she was commenting on how she could go for another cup of wine. Essentially right in front of her face, there was a Divine Gate appearing just after her words. Gilgamesh had been watching her every move from afar, of course; he'd been waiting several minutes for this very moment. A wide grin was upon the king's face as that portal heralded the descent of... ah, the very same jug of wine he and Artoria shared from after she won her war. Not everyone would be keen enough to look toward the King of Heroes, though. Artoria herself was most familiar with his abilities, but of her knights, only Tristan had seen the Gate of Babylon in action. Lancelot watched a large golden jug appear after Artoria spoke of having wine. Naturally, that meant it was officially his time to speak again after moving closer. "Is there something else about that cup you're not mentioning? You know, I don't think anyone would be upset if you said 'Lancelot may as well be given a beautiful woman with eyes for only him' or something of the sort," he said, assuming this magical wine appearance was the queen's doing somehow.

If Siegfried would have enjoyed and preferred fighting the Queen of Knights in open combat rather than their new meeting, she also would have enjoyed the same thing. Strangely enough, they were quite kindred both in their preferred method of chat and their shared interest in her younger sister. Whatever the case, she saw the surprise in his face about his acceptance. A small smirk crossed her face as he replied and ran off immediately. "He is interesting. Combat will be glorious... you are interesting Emi, but if you are happy and safe I am happy for you," she said and in that same moment Jeanne jumped into her arms. Of course she did. That was about what she expected. After she let go and they conversed about the nature of her drinking.

Oh, a golden gate opened and the jug she'd been drinking from appeared. Artoria sighed in the moment, but she couldn't really deny how good of a thing this was to just have on hand. Of course, she reached for the jug and filled her cup, only to have to deal with the confusion of Lancelot. Aloud first and foremost she said only a few words. "You have my thanks," who was that aimed at? Well the King of Heroes. Of course, Jeanne looked at him with the biggest grin on her face. And Vivian's eyes also shifted that way. But the Knight of the Lake seemed to think that this was some power of Artoria's instead and apparently had a strange request. "Lancelot, I was under the impression that you needed no such assistance. And I would never offer it... This cup's abilities are mine alone to use," she said with a full chuckle as she drank directly from the Holy Grail. "But the wine, that was provided by the King of Heroes," she mentioned without any specifics being mentioned. Of course, the Lady Kay and the Lady Galahad both looked at each other and then looked back at their Queen. Oh, this man was very good, for the girly behavior of the Queen of Knights. The Lady Kay upon seeing this fully committed to the idea that the Queen of Knights should continue seeing the King of Heroes.

Huh? Who was the queen thanking so randomly after Lancelot spoke? The male knight stood there baffled by life itself, still mentally accepting that the Holy Grail granted infinite small wishes, or something like that. According to Artoria herself though, he needed no assistance with women, and she wouldn't offer it anyway. "That's hardly true at all. Elaine was an... unexpected stroke of luck. Yes, let's call it that," he stated. Of course, he was partially speaking truths... though he could in fact manage a fling or three here and there. Regardless, he was left wondering how she acquired a random jug of wine after speaking it into existence. Lancelot would not be waiting for long, though. The King of Heroes, she said. Was that who the random words of thanks were meant for? "Is that so? I see." Lancelot spoke dismissively, when in actuality, he only saw the King of Heroes being quick to drunken their queen. There was something untrustworthy of that man; he could feel it in the depths of his soul. Alas, Lancelot had already made the decision to refrain from any naysaying henceforth. In the meantime, King Gilgamesh continued beaming across the grand hall. "H'oh? To deliver gratitude so casually, one might expect something far more meaningful," he murmured from afar. It was quite likely that his words reached no one, but there was an extended hand in Artoria's direction.

Elaine was an unexpected stroke of luck for Lancelot? Maybe, but he still had it, Artoria was always aware of the comings and goings of her Knights. It was one of the things she did not care about so long as they carried themselves with respect for themselves and those around them. "Well, even if I call it that it still means you need no help. Do as you wish and behave yourself," Artoria said to Lancelot. Of course, she meant this in the same way one told their friends to behave. She truly did not care about what he did, he'd be fine on his own. What was this, the man in her care was very suspicious after she mentioned where this wine came from. Well, this was her third large cup, and she knew the upper limits of her tolerance given her weekend of drinking with Siduri and the Queen of Saints. "You are so very suspicious, Lancelot. It is a party, have some fun..." she said to the man only to give a head pat to the young girl at her side, sending her to Jeanne to dote upon. "Keep your eyes up. Look for Gawain when you get tired, Little Wolf," she said to Gareth. Agravain still looked spooked but now had a wine cup in hand, figuring if she was going to die tomorrow she might as well live today. "Yes, Aunty! Saint Aunty, Mommy... can I stay with you for a while?" she asked of Vivian and Jeanne both of whom had the widest eyes ever. This child really was cute. "Saint Aunty?! I might love that. I love that... this one!!" she said fully willing to gush for this child.

At the same time, Artoria's eyes shifted towards the King of Heroes who was holding a hand out towards her beaming like he'd won some kind of award. "I am still cross with you, King of Heroes. Approaching you while I am not sure of my reaction does not seem like the best idea..." she mentioned. Still she looked around the room and finally saw tucked in the corner, Siduri and Medusa. What an interesting pair of people to be present but not mingling. "If all of you are waiting for me, you can simply go and have fun. I suppose I should be seen mingling at a party in my honor..." she mused gently. Lady Galahad and Lady Kay both bowed respectfully to go and mingle properly, each grabbing a drink from passing waiters and the like. Both never really lost eyes for their Queen as both had strange things going on in their mind surrounding the sudden girly behavior of the Queen of Knights. Still, though the Queen of Knights seemed to be a bit skittish cup in hand she was in general making her way towards the King of Heroes.

"I'm always behaving myself," Lancelot lied further. He was actually planning to misbehave at some point during this very party, but of course, others didn't need to be involved in that. Well... not more than one or two others, at least. As for this being a party, and him needing to stop being suspicious and have fun... all he could do was shrug. "I didn't say a thing," he claimed. Truly, Lancelot did not intend to let his tongue slip about whatever Artoria and the Golden King did, or didn't, have going on. With a pretend tip of a hat, Lancelot opted to leave the Queen of Knights to her devices. It seemed things were naturally separating by now anyway, and he had a few things to get into.

Speaking of things to get into, Artoria and Gilgamesh were in the midst of a very interesting conversation. Neither party could hear the other, yet they each seemed to understand what the other was saying across the large room. Gilgamesh watched as his future queen mingled about, taking no direct path toward his offered hand. What a troublesome woman she was. "Hmph. Whatever you intend to bring my way, I welcome it with open arms. Just don't think I will take kindly to being kept waiting. You've already proved to me that a road toward my golden majesty is the one you will always take eventually." With that passing comment made, Gilgamesh lowered that hand into his lap. She was shifting about, but still on a path which led to him in the end. Such sweet poetry; the notion worked on numerous levels. But, just as she approached him in a roundabout way during this party, so too would she approach him in matrimony. Both things were only a matter of time in the end.

Artoria's eyes cut towards Lancelot. Did he really think his words were believable to her? She had known him far too long for that to be the case. It was fine though, she wasn't his mom, she was his Queen. As long as he followed her orders and carried himself in an honorable fashion she could let him be. "You did not have to, it is written all over your face," Artoria said with the slyest smirk she had in her arsenal. Of course, she understood his worry he was after all one of her longest standing knights and knew her as she was in general. She could see the functionality of worry when her behavior changed suddenly from savage tyrant warlord to unsure girl who doesn't dislike the attention being given to her.

Ah, but that attention and her lack of distaste for it was also still confusing for her. The King of Heroes as so very content, knowing his futures keeping himself busy with the thoughts he had. Artoria could practically hear the smug emanating from his person. "Huh? Did you expect my undivided attention while throwing me a party, that I did not even ask for?" she asked of him. Eventually her steps did take her towards him though, she wasn't really the type to keep anyone waiting, even the annoying Golden King. He had been the one to create this party so she could not truly complain. "How unreasonable, King of Heroes... If I did not say, I will offer you no more indulgences this day," she left enough distance between them that she would not be caught too far off guard. She needed her public face to remain and all the breaking she could take of that was done earlier. All the while the eyes of her Knights that had followed her around the room would scan this interaction with various expressions of curiosity. The Lady Galahad kept her eyes on the Queen of Knights and could not understand she did not see her feelings in this moment. 'Asexual, aromantic and suddenly with an obvious interest. That has to be rather confusing for her. I understand why she is so confused now...' the Lady Galahad had this thought and knew there were only a few methods to fix such problems and one of them was rather directly connected to the King of Heroes. Perhaps, the Queen of Knights would actually ask her for help, that would be most beneficial.

Did he expect her undivided attention? Not at all, actually. He'd thrown this party with the intention of having her enjoy various aspects of it, but she seemed to be avoiding him far more purposely than necessary. Something like that could not be allowed for long, lest she forget that she was destined to be his. On the positive side of things, she did at least seem to enjoy herself to some extent. He, however, could only take solace in the queen herself, of all the riffraff littering this hall.

Finally, she made her way to him. How many seconds of eternity did it take? Too many, yet just enough. It was always such a bittersweet experience, waiting on Artoria, but he had a fair deal more waiting to do overall. Upon reaching him, she reiterated that he would be given no further indulgences. What did she think that would accomplish? "H'oh? This is your reception, Queen of Knights. Any indulgences, as such, are thus yours to be undertaken." Artoria had left no small amount of distance between herself and the throne Gilgamesh sat upon. How coy. Still, the hand of Gilgamesh would be offered yet again, that smirk still upon his face. "It is only by a king's magnanimity that I offer you the very indulgence you denied yourself before we parted. You are curious, no? The feeling of absolute bliss that consumes all that you are, opening the gateway to Elysium through your very loins. Do you not seek it? You should at least be seeking the return of your mortal soul by now. I know your flesh has not forgotten the sensation of that robbery." Always full of words was King Gilgamesh, and never more than when he spoke to this woman. He had so many left for her, he could go on talking for an eternity about all the things he intended with her. Eventually, she may even collapse under the weight of it all.

If Gilgamesh thought waiting on Artoria was eternity, Artoria saw the King of Heroes constantly. Actually, it was like he was always there, right in the corner of her eye, just barely out of sight. It was like he refused to disappear. She wondered why that was the case, but also had no one to ask. She wondered gently if she should have murdered him, but also thought it wouldn't have been the right thing to do. The King of Heroes was just the sort of person, who elicited nothing but contradictions from Artoria.

So, what would she get from finally approaching the King of Heroes directly? Well to be told that indulgences were her choice as this reception was for her. That was interesting to know, but still he held out a hand to her. She looked at it for several seconds longer than she should have. She knew what it would mean to take such a hand, and had no intention of ending up so close to him. She exhaled and shook her head gently from left to right. "I have no intention of closing the distance between us," she clarified. "Those words of yours make sense, but I am not so curious as to place myself back within arms reach of you. I would keep my dignity, King of Heroes," she said. "I seek nothing truly. I do not like feeling things I do not understand. I am far too used to not feeling anything, to seek that which has caused me nothing but confusion," she explained of herself ever so carefully. Still she couldn't help the reddening of her own face when she considered her own feelings in this moment. She had not forgotten, if anything she was acutely aware of the effect that the King of Heroes had on her person. And even if it was a simple matter of biology, she definitely could not allow him to have that sort of control over her. "As for my mortal soul, I am quite certain if I do not have it now, I do not necessarily need it. I can leave it in your care... I am sure it will return to me." Artoria's words left her mouth and she wondered if this counted as flirting. She had no intention of flirting with the King of Heroes, and she had every intention of keeping her distance, but this was mostly because she couldn't trust herself within his hands in front of people. The words of Lancelot made her consider that she had no idea what sentences put the wrong ideas into the minds of men. She was quite sure she would seem bewitched if she spent too much time in direct contact with him. No, it was best to keep him at arms length and out of her mind directly. But, she couldn't help but steal a wayward glance or two in his direction as she thought over his previous actions. She was told by the Queen of Queens she didn't need to understand this man's obsession. She was told by her elder sister she could take her time. She didn't know how much she would need but she was quite certain his persistence was just as curiosity inspiring as his choice to search her for such things.

His hand was rejected almost as quickly as it had been offered. That was fine; he didn't even seem bothered when lowering it again. Artoria had no intention of getting any closer, all to keep her dignity for whatever reason she thought that necessary. "I have no qualms with this. You are just as free to meet my embrace when wandering eyes cannot happen upon our combined glory," he suggested. Artoria would begin to ramble then. She did not wish to feel that which she did not understand. The two lives she led thus far had been pitiful, he thought. That, too, was fine. Gilgamesh's hand rose once more, this time with his own filled Grail appearing within it. He would once more offer a toast to the queen. "Are these the words of a sovereign? Ignorance does not suit you, Queen of Knights. If you experience that which you do not understand, is it not your way to dive headlong into the fray, until you've subjugated understanding itself? Rest assured, I will not allow you confusion for long."

Gilgamesh was quite sure of himself, and he had every reason to be when he could see those stray glances returning his way. True to his words, it seemed at least her body recalled their earlier interaction quite vividly. Three conquests was all he needed. The body was beginning to crumble, and the first cracks had appeared in the mind. He would put an end to them, then break down the soul until they could all be rebuilt with an understanding of their belonging. Ah, but she had no use of her soul, did she? "Hoho─ you offer your soul for me to keep, then? My grip is rather firm. You will not have it returned until you accept it under the proper terms. However, you may also attempt to claim mine in return. Our spirits will dance as endlessly as your eyes do now~"

Artoria's dignity was something which she kept. Though most saw her as a war-mongering little girl most of the time. She also wasn't at all the sort to be viewed romantically or sexually by anyone. The fact that Gilgamesh did this seemed to cause her overt confusion. "That is more acceptable but still it does not seem like something I should do. I have no faith..." she said strangely that wasn't about him. That was about her. The same woman who'd given her divinity to a spear instead of taking it into herself, could not trust herself in close proximity of the King of Heroes, for her dignity in public and for her own peace of mind in private. She was certain her feelings towards this man were strange. Her sister claimed she liked him, but she did not know what all that entailed, she definitely had no intention of surrendering herself to his mercy. "I am prone to action regardless of my own understanding. Even so, King of Heroes, I would not submit myself to someone else's mercy. I also do not think ignorance suits me, but I am not certain the alternative does either," she said lifting her own cup in the moment. "Those are not the words of a sovereign. I spoke to my sister of my lack of understanding how to deal with you, and she suggested I be myself... which is also a strange concept," the Queen of Knights was without question a set of faces she put together for different functions. She had no idea who she was, and dealing with Gilgamesh didn't help her figure that out at all. Yes, she could get along with Gilgamesh. She could feel relatively comfortable in his presence, she could even come to terms with not knowing how she considered the man.

It would seem the Golden King maybe took her words as flirting. At the very least his own hit her ears that way. Of course, he'd also made the claim that he would have her. So him keeping hold of her mortal soul was hardly worth the extra thought right? It wasn't like she'd ever have to do anything about reclaiming her soul if she let him have it. And Gilgamesh himself seemed amused by the idea of dancing with her soul forever, and offered his own in exchange. Did he really mean that? Well, everything she could see of his intentions said yes, he meant that. "You truly say such strange things to me. And I am certain you mean them. Emotional honesty is not something I am used to... nor is this treacherous body of mine," that last she said both about her physical reactions and her apparent wandering eyes. She wasn't sure she fully understood if she liked this man enough. She didn't dislike him of that she was certain, she could not dive in for him though, she knew what her life was about to be, she knew what she intended.

Page 53 of 178 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast