Page 62 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Sadly, Gilgamesh could not pay heed to Artoria's annoyed state past his own grievances. If he had, perhaps that would have eased the annoyance a bit on his end. Alas... there were important things to take care of. It didn't need saying that Artoria would rise to the challenge. Only as a matter of affirmation did he even ask, but there was one stipulation. Artoria had been rendered essentially weaponless since their earlier celebration, so she was in need of still water from which to draw her Holy Sword. His hand still outstretched, Gilgamesh called upon a crystal phial filled with the magical waters of the Faiyum Oasis. Though it was water, its color shifted between every color of the spectrum. He would offer Artoria this to act as her water source. "Pour this, and let it be your scabbard," he said. Little did Gilgamesh realize, there was hardly better water to use. the Faiyum Oasis happened to be so magical because it connected loosely to the inner sea of the planet, from which the Lady of the Lake and other such fairies' power leaked. The only purer source one could have come from Dozmary Pool, where the Lady of the Lake, the Great Mother Fairy herself was most prominent.

Upon handing off the phial, Gilgamesh summoned his golden ark to the balcony just outside his chambers. Perhaps the trip to it could help him walk off an erection before combat was initiated. Whatever the case, there was no shortage of grumbles as the King of Heroes made his way toward the flying device. His eyes glowed all the while, viewing the deeper truths of ongoing events. "Hm. Time has passed differently between here and that empty gutter. It has been half a fortnight since we arrived. Many are already at war with the White Titan as we speak... yet there are no signs of the same gods who claim to protect this world."

A crystal vial was provided to Artoria. These waters, they looked and felt familiar... they reminded her of the lake she often visited when first learning of her sister's secondary whereabouts. She'd asked for waters of stillness, and he'd provided. There was a strange bit of satisfaction in having such things happen in a moment. She was used to them as sovereign but it was quite different when dealing with someone who was to be considered your equal. Whatever the case, pouring these waters would allow her to gain hold of her weapon so a nearby empty basin would be filled with this water. Artoria's unarmored hand would reach towards it open as it always was. In the same moment a shimmer would occur across the waters edge. A golden pommel and hilt emerged along with the rest of the blade. All the while on the other side, a certain Fae found it interesting that such waters were being used. Regardless it was far too long her sister had been away, she should take up her weapon. Artoria's hand closed around the hilt of this unsheathed weapon and in an instant a blue and golden sheath wrapped itself around it. "Many thanks, Fae Princess," she said soon after. Only to approach Gilgamesh and offer him back the vial he'd so freely given. "Would you like this back, King of Heroes?" she asked of him, approaching the balcony.

What was he saying? They'd been gone for half a fortnight. More important than the appearance of this monster was the knowledge that she'd been missing for a full week. She could already hear the clucking of her mother hen Knight of the Lake. "Shit, I can already hear the complaints, and gripes..." she swore. She hadn't even done anything worth being upset over this time, and she'd not even seen it to fruition, it would be more than a little annoying to get into a heated discussion over her whereabouts for the last week. It was fine. It'd be fine. What else did he just say, the gods, sworn to protect this world, were apparently not doing their jobs. "It sounds to me like they have outgrown their usefulness. But, one problem at a time," she said. A second or two later she was armored, the pieces fitting nicely over her new dress. She really would need to thank the Queen of Queens for her work. Sword swung over her left shoulder she looked like a happy child on her way to school right beneath the visage of a calm sovereign. Those eyes of hers alight as she prepared to leave this place and head to fight the monster.

While Artoria poured water into the basin, Gilgamesh climbed onto the ark and seated himself upon its throne. He was none too pleased to be moving about beyond the confines of his own chambers this day, but there was truly no avoiding this matter. He sat and contemplated the cruelty of fate the tearing away of another thing he desired just when it was within his grasp. During that time, Artoria collected her Holy Sword and made her way out. She had something to say, something to ask, but did he truly hear it initially? No... it took a few moments for her words to register, and for his gaze to fall upon her. "It is only drinking water," was all he said. In truth, there was a possibility of her needing that phial later. It refilled itself infinitely with water from the planet's inner sea, so one such as herself had far greater use of it than he did. "On the ark."

The gods had indeed outgrown their usefulness... or at least whatever they had left of it beyond the previous calamity. That was something to be dealt with in due time, but humanity had to exist for there to be a point of ending the Age of Gods. Mankind would always find its ways regardless. Even now, as the two who were deemed as the Nexus' Sovereign prepared to enter the fray, a great battle was taking place. A massive electrum pyramid equipped with lasers of its own flew about near what appeared to be a miniature sun brought to Earth. Multiple knights leapt to and fro in their efforts to land strikes on a massive target and even more massive threat. Even a black dragon flew through the skies to rain its mystical breath down upon the White Titan that ravished the land. Strangely, the things being thrown this beast's way were only managing to become weaker over time. . .

Silence in the King of Heroes for several moments. Did he not hear or was he thinking something? Ah, he was thinking. What did he have to say to the return of his phial? It was only drinking water? Truly?! Artoria knew this water well, she knew directly what it was by feel alone, it almost smelled like home. Ridiculous was the man to let go of something like this but... he did value things differently from everyone else. "Fine. I will keep it," she said sliding said item into one of the slots on herself that should have been used for an accessory which would keep it on herself. It was time for her to board the ark? He did not need to express this, she was beside his throne in a moment sword in planted before her waiting for their arrival.

Upon reaching the place she surveyed the current goings on. A black dragon, with a rider on its back. "My sister can ride a dragon?!" that was outlandish. Well, that put a damper on things. After seeing another dragon, Artoria had decided she would kill this one too. But if it was her sister's she'd do no such thing. Never take from the baby of the family, this was a rule. A miniature sun brought to earth, would mean her nephew could do a great deal of damage himself. This was a pretty good siege of a great beast, by Artoria's own standard. Her eyes fell to the white titan who appeared to be taking less damage from each attack launched against it. "That is pretty big..." there was a sparkle in the Queen of Knights eye. She was beyond excited fight but annoyed to have left the confines of the King of Heroes bedchamber. Whatever, she'd work out her frustrations here and now. She could no longer wait, she launched herself from the ark. The dash would take her across the air as her sword would aim to penetrate the beast's chest. Of course, it took extra force to break its shell but it would force itself through. The hopes and dreams of the world compressed in a blast from the tip of her blade would stagger this creature as she performed a flip and would land on the ground dozens of meters blew. A smile on her face, as gracefully as ever she seemed so unbothered by her sudden appearance.

Only when the King of Heroes and Queen of Knights arrive to the battlefield did that bunch of combatants stand a chance of truly defeating this beast. Only when the lot of them cleared the way, however, would they really make a difference. An interesting note was one Artoria Pendragon focusing initially on that black dragon... whose eyes were drawn to her as well. "Your sister has arrived," the dragon spoke to the woman sitting atop it, speaking in a roar with words as merely the undertone. Now that they had reinforcements, the dragon descended with haste. "Forgive me," he said while landing. The battle had not been a short one, and he had been in this form for quite some time. The moment contact was made with the ground, the dragon receded into the form of Siegfried. He was fully grounded, pained as he trembled on his knees and elbows. That form was not only costly, but used infrequently. With a grunt, Siegfried spoke again. "I need just a moment. The fight must go on."

Meanwhile, the voice of another would speak out in chiding to the most long-awaited arrivals. It was none other than the voice of Ozymandias, transferred through the flying pyramid. "And what sort of time do you call this, ye Mighty?! The honor and glory would soon go to the Great Ones of Egypt, had you taken another moment!" Ozymandias declared. The miniature sun that floated nearby belonged to none other than Gawain, who did his attacking from his place along the pyramid's side. His arms raised toward that large ball of fire, which was not quite as powerful as it could have been, given the blackened sky above. Weakened or otherwise, a beam descended into Gawain's hands, acting as the hilt of his sword's "true" form. "My Queen! It grows as it eats our lifeforce!" he yelled, preparing for his own final stand against the unknown creature.

Artoria landed as the staggered beast tried to recover itself. She noted the sun held by Gawain with a smile on her face. Though that ability was not as strong as she knew it could be, she was still quite impressed he had so much to show for himself. "Look at my boy. I raised that boy!~" she said with a smile on her face and nothing but praise to offer. At the same time, the apologies of a certain black dragon were given as he landed and then transformed back into the base of his body. A man with long white hair and tanned skin. Strangely enough Jeanne d'Arc didn't seem all too uncomfortable from her perch, even as she removed herself from his form. "You did great, Sieg. You have nothing to worry about," she said to Siegfried. "You on the other hand, are late Eri-nee!" she exclaimed with made Artoria hold up her hands in mock surrender. At the same time the emerald eyes of Artoria Pendragon settled on this scene and her left brow rose. "I am more annoyed than I was to start with now. Oh well, I suppose I will not be slaying another dragon this day. I have so many things to say... but I will keep them to myself for now. Take a break both of you. I did not mean to show so late, but time has passed a bit differently for me," she said. There was comfort to be found in that cheeky smirk of hers. She always found herself strangely excited by a new fight.

At the same time the voice of Pharoah Ozymandias came from that pyramid. Artoria's eyes shifted towards him. He wanted the glory and she'd stolen his moment. "Apologies, Pharaoh but I could not have taken another moment," she said with a knowing smirk crossing her face. Now then what was this Gawain was saying? The creature in question was feeding and becoming bigger based on their attacks and life forces? Well it didn't seem to have changed much from the attack Artoria had just launched against it. Given that information the Queen of Knights turned with her sword spinning once in her hand. "If it grows as it eats lifeforce then all of you should be standing behind me, right?" said Artoria as she stepped closer. They could launch their final attacks, they could do what they liked, but this beast was now hers to target and she would be killing it at her whim. Finally the beast stood up again, seeming to have collected itself and Artoria small as she was stood before it pointing her sword. "I will protect humanity from the world-ender. Stand aside... I would have words," Artoria's words made Jeanne smile. Strangely it was always the case, that if her sister said she could do something she believed it with all her heart. Besides all of that, if Artoria faced this in combat she could use more of her strength than normal. That would be fun for her, she'd not cut loose in quite some time. The sword in her hand was glowing quite strongly and she seemed quite pleased to be on the battlefield herself. Whatever the case, she'd have to begin again, until she could charge the attack she would no doubt be using against this creature.

Both Siegfried and Gawain were offered reprieve by Jeanne and Artoria respectively. The former woman seemed to have a a great deal of faith in the latter, who had faith in herself... or an undying thirst for battle. Gawain knew the truth, and in knowing, he lowered his arms. The sun above dissipated, and from its location fell a sword which landed in the knight's open hand. "As you wish," Gawain said. Meanwhile, Siegfried had recently seen the removal of Jeanne d'Arc from his back. In a matter of moments, he had just enough strength to rest on one knee, heaving though he still was. "If I may say, I would rather not be slain. Hopefully that thing up there will suffice as a replacement," said the dragon-knight.

Ozymandias was actually willing to part with the alleged "glory" of victory to grant Artoria Pendragon her chance at the same. He understood Excalibur to be a thing beyond belief, in a very different way to his own great brilliance. He would offer something to assist her maneuverability, however. "Hah! You are forgiven. Here. A show of good faith from the Sun himself, to act as your aide! Wehem-Mesut!" At the pharaoh's command, the King Cosmos Sphinx itself descended from the pyramid, making its way toward Artoria. "The White One is a tricky beast; be mindful of its onslaught."

Onslaught? What pitiful claims. In watching Artoria take charge of the situation, Gilgamesh saw his own spirits lifted. It was not only a sense of duty, but now a sense of thrill that overtook him as he stood on the golden ark. "Hmph! The assault of some hideous cur from the cosmos is not a thing worth concern. Onslaught? It will be I, Gilgamesh, who shows this annoying thing the meaning of the word. Gate of Babylon." Thousands of Divine Gates were to appear across the battlefield. Excalibur was the tool best suited to end the White Titan, but he would allow it little opportunity to make use of the charging time. He'd rain a veritable bullet hell of treasures upon the creature from every angle, leaving only an opening between it and Artoria. "Show me then, Queen of Knights. Show the world why that Holy Sword was born." This command accompanied Gilgamesh's grand assault on the White Titan, which saw no letting up. Time and time again, the sound barrier was broken five times over with every individual piece shot toward humanity's ultimate threat. Throughout the course of this barrage, not one item of the greatest quality repeated itself, even though all would return to the king's treasury after contact was made. Gilgamesh wore a stern, yet arrogant expression while battering a primordial alien with his collection, seeming to grow more attached to this method of attack each time he used it. This made only the fourth time he'd done such a thing... but oh, was it satisfying to watch insurmountable force and quantity being jettisoned at a single target.

Gawain. That sweet boy raised by Artoria's own hand, knew the truth of his aunt. She was simultaneously sure of her own strength while also being absolutely battle thirsty. He stood aside with the grace to return his weapon to his own hand. "That is a good lad," Artoria said. Once upon a time such a statement would have been accompanied by a pat on the head. But it had been a long time, since Artoria could easily reach the top of this lad's head. Oh well, nostalgia alone would suffice. Moving on from that point, apparently the Dragon Knight wished to not be slain. Strangely, Artoria truly wouldn't slay him knowing he belonged to her younger sister in anyway. "Worry not, Dragon-Knight... I shall still my heart in a battle against something new. You will not have to fear for your life against me, I fear I spoil my sister too much to truly consider your death an option," she said. Such was about as close as Artoria got to admitting acceptance of any random person. Jeanne's eyes lit up at the statement, she understood it for what it was.

"Oh?" Artoria's eyes widened at the words of the Pharaoh. What would he give to aide her in this moment? A large sphinx even bigger than the one they'd ridden before. She almost squealed, but contained it. This was battle mode, she couldn't girl out on the battlefield but the happiness in her eyes was tangible. This was to help her maneuver as she slayed this white beast. And she was given both forgiveness and a warning in addition to this gift. She was to be wary of the attack of this beast. Fine. "Many thanks, Pharaoh. On my honor, I will fell this beast... as due payment for this favor," she said happily. She jumped atop the beast giving it a gentle pat, ready to rise up to face this creature directly. But, the words of Gilgamesh rang out instead, and the opening of his gates began an onslaught the likes of which the rest of this group had never seen. Even Jeanne who'd seen him in combat against her sister, did not know of the vastness of his treasury. "What? I thought it was a bow and chains... this is... ridiculous!" said the Queen of Saints who seemed genuinely surprised.

At the same time, Artoria could only smirk. "You have seen this light before King of Heroes, though admittedly not its entirety," said Artoria to Gilgamesh. The Holy Sword of the world raised above her head in just a moment, as light began to converge upon the blade. The power of hope and light condensed amassing a pillar of light concentrated at the blades tip. There were no restraints as she took on this titan, she could release all the power it had to offer, and that made her giddy. All in view of this shining light would be granted a nostalgic peace, the hope of a won battle. If something could be called glory it was this lit blade, there was nothing more hopeful and nothing more human than this which solidified hopes and dreams and made them power. In the hands of the Queen of Knights to protect humanity, it could be called awe-inspiring. And what would Artoria do with this, well... she'd chant the words this sword did not often hear from her. "Sheathed in the breath of the planet, a torrent of shining life. Feel its wrath... EX-," the breath which left this lass was one of absolute calm. There was no force greater than the might of Artoria's own will. There as nothing but quiet in her own mind. She could feel the power building up. Even as the white titan was hit by numerous treasures. Even as its body was battered and it was kept away from its target. It charged an attack of its own. It felt the danger of the coming attack. It knew it could be felled. It had too much to do, it had to defend itself. A beam gathered in this creatures mouth. It gave up temporarily the defense of its body to concentrate an attack directed at Artoria's shining light. "CALIBUR!!!" A two handed sword swing in perfect harmony with her body was brought down upon this creature as the beam of power she held aimed to terrorize it. Unsurprisingly enough, that same creature released a beam of its own, aiming to overtake the one that Artoria put forth. It was to be a struggle as the power of these two beams clashed in front of everyone. Which would win, an alien god, or the light of humanity?

"Do you think I would bring some measly bow to a battle that threatens this whole world of mine?" Gilgamesh questioned, almost as if he had a right to be angry at the concept. He asked this while Vimana descended to Jeanne's side, even while the barrage continued despite his lack of attentiveness. "As for Enkidu, it is not yet his time to be put on display. Come. I have use of you," the king continued. Jeanne was not so important a piece as Artoria herself in the upcoming victory, but she was a very close second. Should she board the ark in lieu of her dragon companion, he would take to the skies again. "Hear me, Holy Maiden. Your supportive ability will be needed in a matter of moments."

According to Artoria, the King of Heroes had not yet seen the whole of Excalibur's light. If she thought that much, she was free to offer an example. He began his assault with precisely that intention, after all. Even the lesser form of Excalibur's mighty wave had taken some time to charge, so he imagined this one would be even more ridiculous. Indeed it was. Alas, the wait was very much worthwhile upon witnessing the build-up alone. An entire army of the highest caliber combatants stood in awe as hope itself became tangible. Among them was Gilgamesh himself, who watched not the light, but the woman wielding it. The call of Excalibur was heard by all, but by none louder than he who faced it directly on multiple occasions now. How would it fare against this power from beyond the confines of their world? The White Titan would not go down easily. No, it would kick and scream no less than Artoria itself, lashing out with its own blast. As two powers of great magnitude pushed against each other, Gilgamesh grumbled again. "Ready yourself, Queen of Saints. There will not be much time to act."

The King of Heroes seemed offended by Jeanne's lack of understanding of his weaponry. Of course, she could only shrug off his anger in her general way. "Well, I've seen lots of things and not many can even reach the same power as that bow. But if it isn't your preferred method of attack, I get that..." she said. She knew how people could be about weapons. Hoshimi Eri was the sort of person who loved, used and abused any she got her hands on to the point of it seeming almost like some strange love affair. Of course, none of that truly mattered, the King of Heroes had use of her, she would acquiesce as she always would to help out in a situation like this one. "Oui!~" she hopped aboard his ark with her flag in hand. Jeanne was a more than reasonable fighter, but when she considered that her sister was fighting she knew her own strength in that field paled by comparison. So, she figured the King of Heroes had something else in mind for her. And he did, the use of her supportive ability? Ah, she could do that.

In the skies above on top of this ark the Holy Maiden took meditative pose with the flag of her use planted before her. It glowed golden and that golden light seemed to spread from the very depths of her soul. Oh, yes, Jeanne could use her own magic and mana as well as the blessing of the world to protect everyone much easier than she could use it to defeat others in combat though she had the skill for that as well. A shining flag and a grounded light. She only had a short amount of time? She did not need much. "That is fine." She mentioned even as she watched the light of Excalibur clash with that coming from the white titan. Somehow, viewing that always seemed to set her soul at ease. She could not explain it, but it was like basking in the glow of victory, knowing it was assured. Perhaps that is what her sister always was to her, the comfort of a win, even if it was hard-fought. "Here is the work of the world. My flag, defend our brethren..." an incantation so short yet so powerful, a quiet prayer given to the Nexus to work through the Queen of Saints, "Luminosité Eternelle!" A holy light to defend all on their side, the EX level Magic Resistance of the Queen of Saints turned into a defense of all, from the coming backlash...

What backlash? The power struggle between Artoria and the white titan. Two large beams collided but eventually they would have to fizzle out. During the struggle a gentle cracking could be heard as the last of the energy the Titan had gathered rushed against it. Artoria heard it, but did not falter, to do so would mean a world of trouble. And so at the end of this epic clash of lasers, the Holy Sword Excalibur broke into two pieces. Even as the barrage continued, the White Titan had only a large injury to its chest and shoulder already healing to show for its go against the Holy Sword. A grin crossed Artoria's face before her eyes shifted to the blade in her hand. Though her sister's defense wrapped around her like a calm second skin, a broken sword was a bit problematic. "Oh? That is a problem is it not? How dare you break before I even add myself..." she murmured to her sword, her annoyance nearly palpable. She loved this sword too. To the beast before her, she had something else to say, taking its injury as truth. It could be felled. "But now I know your weakness... and that could be devastation," she murmured. On her honor this beast would fall, but what could she sacrifice to get it done? The beast was stunned, unable to move as it tried to recuperate, but that would not last long; it never did. There were only a few seconds which could be taken to figure out what to do about the problem.

Page 62 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast