Page 63 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

"Power?" he questioned further. If the Queen of Saints thought Enki was a tool of power, she'd not yet seen the bulk of what this world offered. Well, he supposed that made some amount of sense. After all, she'd yet to bear witness to his collection. "That was simply a thing of sport, taken with me during a time of mourning. What you see below─ that is power." Interestingly enough, Gilgamesh had no issues admitting to the unbridled might of Excalibur when wielded by Artoria Pendragon. However, it was not Excalibur he spoke of in the moment. The slightest upturn had come to his lips, but alas, the true power struggle was yet to come.

Jeanne raised her defense for the protection of all who inhabited the battlefield, one power clashed against another, and then... the Holy Sword Excalibur snapped in twain. "H'oh? That took longer than expected. I suppose the Holy Sword is owed its credit after all," the King of Heroes mused. At this point, it was time for his proper entrance. Jeanne was to be left on the ark as he leapt off to levitate via an unknown method beside Artoria and her temporary mount. His arms were crossed as he did so, his eyes focused on the beast ahead. "A broken sword does not suit you. Surely that is not the full weight of Excalibur's power." While these words were being spoken, Gilgamesh took note of the rejuvenating beast's behavior. They had only a few seconds? Nonsense. In the middle of its recuperation, Gilgamesh ceased his rain of treasures, sending instead thousands of segments belonging to the infinite Chains of Heaven to bind it. "Shall I offer pity and loan you one of my many tools?" he asked despite knowing Excalibur itself was far from done. How much could Artoria resolve herself to continue using it while broken, though? He was quite curious.

Not power, huh? Jeanne gave a side eye of blue sapphire to the King of Heroes in a moment like this one. His bow was apparently a thing of sport, used while he mourned. That made sense she supposed. Even so his further statement about the power seen below could only truly be a reference to her sister. The Queen of Saints understood this for what it was, a smile crossed her face. "I will give that... she is always that~" said Jeanne of her sister. She was happy the lass had found someone who could appreciate her even with her less than charitable disposition. And she broke another sword. "Rie-nee is going to be furious..." was all she had to say about the broken Excalibur. Of course, it had done quite a bit of damage before breaking that was acceptable to Jeanne considering how powerful her sister truly was.

A broken sword, a known understanding of how to kill... an almost assured victory. Artoria could practically see it in her mind. She could have been elated if not for the potential consequence. And now, the King of Heroes was at her side. Artoria narrowed emerald eyes at him from the corner. Even as chains aimed to claim and bind the creature for quite a bit, she couldn't help the smile that came to her face when he asked his question and his assertion of Excalibur. Did he know what she planned? Was he waiting for her to confirm? "King of Heroes, you wound me. I need no pity... I will win." she said this with about as much arrogance as he normally had. "I love this sword, I would not toss it aside without first letting it complete the duty that broke it," she said of her intention to keep using it. "This sword is mine because for the most part, it can handle and channel my energy properly. Being broken means I will lose control over how finite that power is. To fell a beast like this... I would need to add myself to the mix. And if I do... this continent will break under the pressure..." she summarized. "I would let you offer assistance, but rather than other swords, I'd prefer a true strike with that which started this fight," that was Artoria's choice. What would the King of Heroes do? Would he allow her to wreck this entire continent to end this threat? Or would he have something else to offer? Perhaps he already knew the answer and he just wanted to know her resolve to keep Excalibur in her own hands.

Such pomposity. What could King Gilgamesh do but admire a bit of arrogance in the face of a world-ending threat, while wielding a broken blade as one's only offense? More admirable still was the absolute certainty within the Queen of Knights as she declared her impending victory. Even with a broken Excalibur─ no, especially with a broken Excalibur, she would seize victory. What cost would there be? Only a continent. Though that was a measly price to pay for the whole world's sake, Gilgamesh thought a different situation was more ideal. "Dare you speak of sacrifice, Knight-Queen? How disappointing," he stated, a smile on his perpetually smug visage.

Indeed, he did have a better plan. Indeed, he was only inspecting Artoria's resolve. Indeed, he meant to end this without a single thing lost. "Draw your ultimate power, Queen of Knights. Let the whole of your brilliance shine down from that snapped blade, and I... will tell a story." One more thing would come from Gilgamesh's treasury this day. To date, only two who still walked this Earth had witnessed it, including Artoria herself. Gilgamesh thought the other riffraff hanging back were in for quite the display as his mana formed the crimson cuneiform that receded into the first ever "sword" in this world. "I will tell you of the beginning. Heaven and Earth split, nothingness congratulated creation, and my Sword of Rupture cleaved the world!" The sword Ea's "blade" was comprised of three cylinders which began to spin in opposing patterns, producing the winds of genesis. Mindful to space these winds around Artoria as well as himself, he let loose the greatest force of his impossible weapon yet, causing space-time itself to dislocate around the pair. It was with this effect, the vacuum of creation itself, that he would ensure Excalibur's light struck only its target... which would already be in for quite an ordeal when his own attack finally came to fruition. Ah, but he should honor Artoria's incanted use of Excalibur, shouldn't he? Perhaps it was time he utilized the whole of his own chant. "Mortar of the stars, heaven's hell is the eve of creation's celebration. Now you shall die and be silent..."

The cylinders of Ea reached maximum velocity. As the winds spread, silence fell. Chirping birds, crumbling rock, the distant sound of trees wafting─ none of it could exist in this space. Even the struggling of the White Titan could not be heard on the eve of new genesis. "Enuma..."

A smile crossed Artoria's face, if he would not let her sacrifice, that was his prerogative. She knew the power she maintained and knew it could kill... though she could protect individuals she could not protect the land. Her sister had taken on part of her burden, it was the least she could do to see the entirety of this creature fallen before her might. "Forgive me, it was my mistake to think the Golden King would give away anything," she said with that same little smirk on her face. He told her to rain down her brilliance upon the world he would tell a story. Oh? That would be interesting, she'd seen what came with stories clashed with light at least once. Perhaps, when they worked side by side the outcome would be quite different.

"Fine. I will finish this... and show you the light of a Queen... unreachable at the end of the world," Artoria herself began to shine in brilliant light which moved up Excalibur as she held it over her hand in that same two handed grip. One was to steady the other for direction and all of her power was aimed, at the bound White Titan. There would be no second act, she would not allow it. And with the winds of Ea whipping up around her, even the land would be spared her particular brand of wrath. Condensing light, she achieved glory... she visualized it. Artoria drew hope into her blade, for every person whose faith was currently placed in her ability. Artoria took that calming breath that coincided surprisingly enough with the complete silence of the world caused by the winds of Ea in this vacuum. What a sight that had to be.. That golden white light, ethereal but full of power, which burst from the end at a sharper and freer angle than normally possible. To call it beautiful would be a mistake... that word simply did not do justice to even this broken blade. Once more the incantation was added, but it seemed this time, to have the effect of amplifying both the power she placed and the power of its mystery. "Sheathed in the breath of the planet, a torrent of shining life. Feel its wrath... EX-"

Various female participants in this part of the war had their eyes on this pair. There was nothing short of shock and awe on the faces of both Jeanne d'Arc and the Pharaoh Nefertari. Both had never seen anything on a scale so ridiculous as what was happening presently between the King of Heroes and the Queen of Knights. "Blimey, that's just not fair..."

By now, Siegfried had become able to rise fully. Awestricken by the display taking place above, he let a hand rest upon the Queen of Saints' shoulder. Sir Gawain and Sir Lancelot both stood nearby, each with a sword planted firmly in the ground as they, too, looked to the sky. Winds that tore asunder even the atmosphere whipped about, and the only thing passing through the space between was Excalibur's unrestrained light. Nefertari's assertion was likely something believed by all─ especially Pharaoh Ozymandias who sat at her side within the pyramid. "You think so? I should have the pair of them for letting the rest of us fight for hours, knowing they could have brought something like this. . ."

Ah, but what of the power brought forth by these two? Surely there was nothing in existence that could stand against it. Soon, all would understand that fully, though the White Titan would not be allowed a chance to gain such knowledge. No, that beast was to be felled right here, right now. It would all begin with two final utterances, the first of which came from the King of Heroes. "ELISH‼" The winds of creation had a focal point at the very tip of Ea, while Gilgamesh held his sword high overhead. In bringing it down, he pointed the full might of genesis at the core of the White Titan. Enuma Elish took the form of a beam when unleashing its stratifications, which themselves would functionally act to absorb with a black hole-like intensity. If Artoria were to utilize her unfiltered Excalibur in close proximity, Enuma Elish would act as its catalyst. The White Titan would feel the full force of creation, and the full force of Excalibur's light─ just as its predecessor did 14,000 years ago.

Jeanne had a nice hand planted on her shoulder, she flickered her eyes over and took a single step closer while still looking at the sky. It was a little outlandish that this pair of people were using attacks in such a way. She'd come to expect complete ridiculous behavior from her sister, but to see it from the King of Heroes as well, seemed a little outlandish. At the same time, the Pharaohs looked on and had a small conversation about the power of these two 'Sovereigns' of the world. "I am sure they have a perfectly logical explanation for their tardiness," she said with a cheeky smirk. Of course, she made an assumption that hadn't quite come to fruition for the pair, but wasn't entirely wrong either.

At the same time that beam of Elish, let out a cry from the weapon and a powerful blast of energy. Artoria herself had a cry to release as well as her sword swung downward with glorious purpose. "CALIBUR!!" the light of the Queen of Knights used Ea as a catalyst funneling down onto this creature their combined might. The White Titan did not know humanity had come so far. It had no idea such a combination could exist and it did not know that information for very long. This giant creature hadn't even the time to let out a strangled cry before its body evaporated under the pressure of this pair of attacks. When the dust settled, some moments later the creature would be felled without a trace of it physically and the Queen of Knights would have the biggest smile on her face. She was a lady who loved violence absolutely and there was nothing sweeter than a victory like this.

"Doubtful," was the assertion of Ozymandias. Looking out at the King of Heroes, he could surmise that nothing of proper interest happened between those two. Where they'd been for the past week or so, he had no reason to know or assume. "For my own sanity, I would guess the Golden King went down to Camelot to fetch her. I don't know why that would take three hours, but when those two arrived, he wasn't wearing an ounce of satisfaction on that smug face of his."

Though Ozymandias' words rang true, there was undoubtable satisfaction on his face now. The world's silence broke as the two greatest powers it had to offer were used in conjunction. It was tantamount to a localized Big Bang, but with an added consciousness that brought with it the idea of fantasy. Nothing could survive the combination, and indeed, nothing remained in its wake except a pair of beaming faces, and one sound no one would ever be allowed to forget. "Fufuhahahahahaha!" Ah yes, it was the King of Heroes' laughter. At the precipice of both genesis and hope, he would ensure it was there. Much like his former self, Gilgamesh would greet a new day, or in this case the dawn of a new era, with triumphant laughter. "What say you now, worthless gods?! Can humanity not fend for itself? Even before my aid, fending off the aliens you cower from in your hideaway, it was Finis Chaldea that kept the destruction of all at bay! Bwahahahaha!"

Doubtful? The Sun King did not believe the pair had been indulging in each other when it became obvious that the creature was here to destroy all? A trip to Camelot was likely the reason for this particular tardiness. Well, that would be assumable but... Nefertari had seen the look in the face of the Queen of Knights, she was far too pale for the gentle flush of her face to disappear completely. Maybe there was a story there instead... "But her knights were already here, was she really back in Camelot? Either way, I am not willing to completely discount my theories just yet. Girl talk is going to be very interesting later~" she said with a happy smile on her face. Technically speaking the Queen of Queens had missed having friends, and the Queen of Knights and the Queen of Saints were both rather interesting individuals.

Two beaming faces indeed. Both the King of Heroes and the Queen of Knights were absolutely smiling. And the sound of Gilgamesh's laugh penetrated even the hearts of others. Jeanne looked up at the pair seemingly in awe still. "Aww, look at them. They're so cute together..." she said seeming not to care of the potential consequences of earning her older sister's ire. Artoria's eyes shifted in the moment as she heard that sound and her expression softened gently. 'Yeah, I definitely like that laugh...' she had the thought and then immediately turned her head. Yes, she'd been thinking far too much, she definitely couldn't get caught staring at the King of Heroes, his ego would stifle the rest of the world if she did.

What of Gilgamesh's statements to the Gods. At least a couple were sitting in council in Celestia. One known as Kur had appeared in her black cloud of mist only to take her seat rather casually. "He is right. The pair of you told us we should be preparing for that things return. Made it sound like it was a super calamity. And not only did his people fend it off for hours until he returned... but he and the Queen of Knights fended it off in a matter of seconds," she said only to change her mind about her wording. "I'm sorry. I misspoke. They killed it. And with no casualties I might add." The silent woman dressed in blue and white could only look down with her not real eyes and nod her approval. Perhaps the one called Metis had been right, and it was long since time to leave humanity to their own devices.

Nefertari had more insight to offer, which Ozymandias hadn't given prior consideration to. Artoria's knights were in combat with them, so what reason did she have to be down in Camelot? There was none he could think of. He'd have to be attentive whenever this "girl talk" Nefertari spoke of came to an end. "I suppose you're right. I'd like to know the full details whenever you manage to bait them out of the Knight-Queen," he said. Whatever the story between those two and their tardiness was, Ozymandias was content to relax now that the threat was gone. He sank into his throne, he rested against his own fist, and he heaved a deep sigh. "At least it's all over. That thing was quite a problem."

The laughter of Gilgamesh carried on to no end. How could he do anything else? This was the ultimate victory against another creature, as far as this world was concerned. It was as if he'd seen the return of his glory days, but in an even more superior way. Only the gods could have claimed to know such triumph, and even they had made no appearances this time. For all their fear of the alien threat, they hadn't the courage to even rise up! The same could not be said of Gilgamesh, nor of Finis Chaldea! "And what now? Nothing?! Look to the skies, my Chaldea! Look unto the realm of gods that would leave you all to rot and crumble, all for fear of their own lives and livelihood! Is this the thing that incited worship during my upbringing?"

This speech was becoming quite problematic. In Celestia, Kur spoke of the king's accuracy. None perished this day, and indeed the White Titan had been felled like its brother before. The Father, Anu, trembled as he sat in contemplation. "But at what cost? Humans prospering is one thing, but how will we persist in the face of this defamation? I should never have allowed that attack," he stated. Never should Ishtar have been allowed to take the Bull of Heaven down to Uruk; that had been the event to set this all in motion fully. If he'd been of a mind to reject the bratty goddess way back then, perhaps their existence as they knew it would not be endangered by a loss of fiefdom now. Ah, but Enki, who sat in recline, seemed to have a different opinion. "Sounds like Metis got in your head to me, old man. Some of us will be fine regardless, eh Kur? Between the Underworld and my empire down there, Kur and I could hop down to Chaldea whenever we want right now. Get yourselves some nations; this shithole is going south, quick."

A smile crossed Nefertari's face. Of course, she would give her husband full details whenever she managed to get them from the Queen of Knights. That was one of the main benefits of being married. "Of course my Sun and Stars," she said with a grin crossing her lips. "I am also quite glad this is all over. It was getting a bit tense there for a moment," she said taking her seat beside him.

The words of the King of Heroes sounded in the mind of Artoria. He seemed to have had a problem with the idea of her clashing with or challenging the gods in anyway when she'd come up here a decade ago. But all that seemed to be forgotten. Good, she still had a bit of a bone to pick with a certain goddess, she'd done the job of running out of Mesopotamia the last time she was here. Still, Artoria could find nothing but amusement in his words, "Careful, King of Heroes, I thought I was only allowed to commit sacrilege in bursts," said the Queen of Knights. She'd lower herself and give quite a few head pats to this giant old sphinx. It'd been rather nice to her. Once on the ground after a thorough petting of this most excellent beast, she'd go about looking for the fallen piece of her sword. After all, she needed it to be repaired at her sister's earliest convenience.

It seemed Anu was a bit worried about the events of the past he'd allowed to transpire. At the same time, the Mother found herself only shaking her head. None of this would have been a problem if he'd simply taken the advice of the embodiment of wisdom when it was given. Too bad, the only one who'd predicted all of this was the only one who'd decided in advance that she wanted no part in this. Kur herself had been set apart, running the Underworld was her duty and task and none could take it from her. Ishtar had ruined her own ability to be part of the regular Finis Chaldea. After demanding temples in Mesopotamia from Anu, she'd lost them all in an incident a decade ago. "It isn't getting into anyone's head. She told us her thoughts and she was ignored. That is the truth." said Kur which made the Mother nod her agreement. "Besides, I can go freely because I've offered no offense to anyone. And the Underworld is not the sort of place I can easily separate from... after it was forced upon me, I made the best of it." she said with a gentle shrug. "Before you go giving advice about starting nations, you'd do well to remember, that all Chaldea answers to the King of Heroes. And that Ishtar can't go to Mesopotamia now because she incurred the wrath of the Queen of Knights. Be careful for your own sake Enki," the girl said. She seemed to have some remaining attachment to her brother, even as Celestia seemed to be falling apart. But where was Ishtar? She paced around her upper temple, not bother to come with the rest to watch the action because once she'd had he crystal ball replaced she'd been watching Gilgamesh. And what she'd seen of him in his bedchamber so recently, made her blood boil. "How fucking dare she, try and take what's mine?! Playing innocent and cute fucking insignificant, flat-chested boy!" Yes that was the right stance. She couldn't face the others right now. Knowing this, and the fact that the girl had ruined her temples so she couldn't even jump straight down to confront her. Yes, she'd sent a pack of rapists after her, but that was hardly a reason to keep her locked up here. Luckily the white titan had attacked when it did, stopping the pair from consummating their relationship. She'd never allow them to do that. NEVER!

Page 63 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast