Page 86 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

Cath Palug, Ishtar planned to send. Enki remembered that one. Cath Palug was a creature of ice, of snow, of winter. From the looks of Albion, it was a cold land by nature. How would Cath palug fare against Artoria and those who pursued combat in cold climates? Enki doubted it was the best choice. Had he been choosing, he'd have sent first a beast of fire and brimstone, or perhaps even a creature of pure despair if one could be found. That Queen of Knights below them was no pushover; a plan was required to think of dealing with her. He had some semblance of a plan he could have tweaked on the spot when first meeting her in Uruk, though he hadn't expected the sudden appearance of Gilgamesh when trying to execute it. Ah, but leave it to Ishtar to do something brash while he was thinking. He didn't even get a word in before she summoned the creature and sent it toward Camelot. Leaning against his own hand, Enki sighed. "I'd wager that isn't enough. Why that one?" he wondered aloud, though the speech itself was reflexive.

Where was Merlin? He could have answered every question Artoria had about her current situation. Hell, if he'd been present or had the foresight, he could have likely prevented the ongoing event before it settled. Alas, the Mage of Flowers was lost to the world, taken by ecstasy in the form of a fae maiden. "Hnngh~!" the incubus groaned as his hips naturally thrusted upward, meeting Vivian's downward slam. It could be considered surprising that all fluid vacated his ballocks through Vivian's tight grasp, but the pressure only made things more satisfying. It took only this for Merlin's next utterance to be... nothing. He did open his mouth, but only a long exhale passed those lips. A few breaths were required before he could speak properly. "Well... haah... I don't even know what to say. I could have waited another thousand years for that, and it would have been worthwhile. Vivian..." His speech paused as previously closed eyes spread open. Her face was not visible, but he needed it to be so. Little did he realize what was going on with her expression at the time. "Come here. I want to kiss you. Let me be selfish for a moment."

Ishtar was indeed impulsive and brash. Thinking far ahead was for those who had no power. She'd simply use hers whenever she felt like it. Harming the Queen of Knights, making her suffer... making her relinquish any claims she thought she had to Gilgamesh. These were the plans of Ishtar. Meanwhile, Enki thought to wager against her. He made the claim he didn't think her plan would work for whatever reason and asked why she chose that particular creature. "They are a bunch of humans and its second name is Primate Murder. It excels at killing humans. It can slay any knights it comes across and then the boy-queen. It likes to play with those it hunts and besides brings magical snow and ice," she said this as if she was certain. And she was to an extent, but she didn't watch Artoria Pendragon fight. Actually, in general she did not watch women fight there was no point... she only wanted to watch hot men get all sweaty and blood-covered. Usually blonde and normally tattooed. Something about a battle ready buff man seemed to appeal to her quite a bit.

At the same time a giant cat dropped on the grounds before Artoria as she overlooked the castle. She nearly squealed. "Eeh!~" she started before coughing. Of course, instead of anything reasonable happening the cat immediately cried bringing down snow and ice onto Camelot. Well, Camelot was used to the snow, even as it thickened none seem to mind other than fleeing into the protection of the castle walls as the Queen descended from above. Flawless as she always was, even her armored steps didn't seem to make large imprints in the snow. This was not a gift of any sort... it was an enemy. In this moment Artoria's eyes hardened just around the edges and she chose to greet the creature. She unsheathed Excalibur and felt its weight in one hand, with a bright smile on her face. "You are big, but I have seen bigger," she addressed the creature. "It is a shame. I love cats... if you would heel, I would let you live," she said. Her imposing presence weighed down for just a moment and the cat stopped. It gave its attention only to the Queen of Knights. And strangely, it didn't move to attack. That cheeky smirk was on the Queen of Knights face, she wondered if it was possible to take control of such a creature. Maybe it simply fell down from above and was scared? If that was the case, she could accept it. But... that was not it. Ishtar let out a frustrated sigh. "You cannot take it from me. KILL HER!" that was an order from its master and the aura around the cat became ominous connected to the demands of its rider. Artoria sighed knowing she was going to have to kill a creature she would have loved not by its own volition. "Making me kill a cat, is going to make me murder someone... I am sorry your master sent you to me." she said with Excalibur still drawn. "Come old friend, we dance like the first time tonight," she said as the battle would ensue.

While Artoria fought Cath Palug, Merlin and the Fairy of the Lake, were experiencing ecstasy. Ah that was nice. So nice. Yes... she could do this. And what was this? Merlin claimed that such an ending would have been worth waiting a thousand years for? 'Hm, I could make you wait eternity and never touch you again...' Vivian's thoughts were almost vengeful now. She'd almost come to terms with leaving this man here. Of course, he would ask her for something as selfish as a kiss. They kissed a lot leading up to this, but she supposed granting the last wish of a man like this would be well worthwhile. Vivian's expression softened immediately as she looked down her body into this man's face. He really was gorgeous. It was always the case that she enjoyed looking at him. She leaned down and into him. "I suppose given all of this day, I can allow a single instance of selfishness from you, Merlin," she spoke with a small smirk before pressing their lips together. She would miss this. She would hate him! What kind of kiss did he want? She'd let him lead this once... it wasn't often the choice of such an endeavor fell to the one doing the feeding.

Surely he was hearing things wrong. There was no way Ishtar used a name as justification for immediately throwing another beast down without second thought. Ah... she did. This was a bit more annoying when it couldn't just be shoved off onto Anu's proverbial plate. "I'm sure it can slay many of those knights, but do keep in mind the ability to mortally wound Velber's second child some years ago. Besides, its abilities are the worst type for a place like this, if I remember those knights' collective ability as I think I do." Enki did not seem fully opposed to the idea of utilizing Cath Palug, but... it was already struggling to do any slaying, and the battle hadn't started yet. He imagined something else would have to be done eventually, and it could not be more clear that he would be the one required to think up something functional.

Merlin was having to catch his breath for the first time in ages. There was always a reason this one could be a regular visit, and it was never more clear to him than it had been today. Even the most undecorated meal she offered was seasoned so well, he nearly entered a food coma. Maybe he would take rest here in Avalon for a time; moving around was not the most pleasant thought at the moment. That was something to worry about later either way, as he was presently in need of another indulgence. His "selfish" request was allowed. Vivian initiated contact between their lips without pushing any specific desire of her own forward. Oh? He was being given full reign over this moment. What would he go for then? It seemed to be something simple, gentle even, yet no less provocative than anything else Merlin did in life. He met her lips slowly, repeatedly, breathily and with an occasionally protruding tongue. In this way, he would have a tasty beverage with which to wash down the hefty meal of the day.

No, he wasn't hearing things wrong. Though she'd been considered a war goddess she was more that because she lashed out against humanity and anything else that wronged her in any way she saw fit. That jab previously made by Metis about her being dumb enough to get into an argument with a mountain over who was prettier was no exaggeration of fact. She definitely was the type to attack on a whim and deal with the consequences later. She also didn't study battles nor listen to advice. If she lost, she'd simply come back with something else later. As for Velber 02. "What the hell is that... never heard of it." Ishtar said concisely. Yes this was the person that Enki had resigned himself to being partnered with as his goddess trophy wife. At the same time she reinforced the order to kill and Cath would have no choice but to answer to it. Ominous aura had been spread and the attack on the Queen of Knights had started finally.

Artoria found herself dodging a downward swung paw which seemed to be trying to capture or flatten her. The claws themselves were met by the blade of Excalibur but she'd called this a dance and since the opportunity presented itself she had full thoughts of testing her abilities a bit. She pushed back against the claws throwing the large creature off balance. Her sword was smaller now yes, but she was also more used to this weight than that of the other. She had an easier time swinging it about. And as such she could use her full physical strength not just to wield the weapon but to empower her own strikes. Yes, she would do this instead of anything. At present she'd be seen darting around. Knocking back the creatures paws and mouth as it tried its very best to defeat her. No shining light came yet at present she was testing the waters it seemed. Such evasive maneuvering would make some think she was on the ropes. Ishtar thought as such and could only laugh. "Hahaha, you're worried over nothing. Look at her, she's gonna die to a paw swipe she can't react to," Yes this was how that goddess thought. Women had no muscles they were boring fighters. Only goddesses like herself stood any real chance in combat.

On the matter of selfishness, Vivian gave Merlin the opportunity to chose how this kiss turned out. She knew what manner of creature he was, and figured it was a rare treat indeed to be anything other than used for the fantasy of your food. Vivian had considered herself a bit generous in this aspect, though admittedly demanding in her own right... she'd never received a complaint from the white haired mage currently below her and still buried within her loins. A simple and gentle kiss, as provocative as it was used by Merlin. He was always so good at that. She could feel herself fall into the depths of such a kiss. She met those tongue strokes, with her own she would enjoy this moment for as long as he wished it to last. Her final gift to Merlin.

Ishtar proceeded to make the most ridiculous claim a god of Celestia could ever let fall from their face. When the child of Velber was mentioned, she expressed a complete lack of knowledge regarding it. She really didn't pay attention to anything that didn't immediately concern her. "Velber is the calamity Father always spoke of. The one sworn to return every 14,000 years. The reason the world was divided, and the reasons gods such as us could not descend before we made that king. According to Mother and Enlil, that sword the girl wields was the thing used during the old times to defeat Velber's first representative. Between her and the golden boy, the second one was defeated some years ago. Father's stories really disinterested you, didn't they?" That story was probably one she should have paid attention to, thought Enki. For the longest time, it was the sole purpose of their creations in the lower world. "Being able to defeat Velber's children was the reason Anu worried for our lost power. But, who really cares now? Even humans can defeat them, and we will soon find the power the old gods once lost."

Little could they realize, humanity itself was closer to that very power. Even now, one of few shining examples from the Age of Mystery was at work, dancing around the swiping paws of Cath Palug. Ishtar laughed at the sight, thinking Artoria Pendragon would be bested by the beast. No. Enki was a truer embodiment of war, rivaled only by Metis and possibly their parents. He could see the truth. Cath Palug would not be victorious today, but perhaps... the tenacity of man was what they truly needed. "She's actually reacting perfectly. This is a warmup at most, if I were to say. Primate Murder would be better suited to this battle if it were smaller, unless the girl has reason to be heavily fatigued. . ."

This day, Merlin had all he could wish for. Seeking meals was something he did often, on a whim. Humans were boring creatures suited only to act as sustenance when he hungered, while this fairy was tantamount to home and hearth in conjunction with a meal. Such was the reason he sought this final kiss, which he felt in his gut was necessary. He didn't know why. He wouldn't question why. He'd only taste of her lips and tongue before their parting moments, relaxing enough to close his eyes until... the moment of separation came at last. "Ahh~♥" he sighed. "That reminds me of... what was it... champagne?"

Enki seemed content to spill words from his mouth that were neither praise nor things that interested her. Oh, right she'd technically stated she didn't know what, 'Blah, blah, dad's old stories, blah blah, comes around every 14,000 years, blah blah, sword goes swish, blah blah, golden boy defeated it.' That was how such words played out in the head of Ishtar. All of that information was boring and the only useful thing to come from it, was the extra knowledge that Gilgamesh was the one responsible for the felling of the creature. "They were boring and they still are. If humans can kill it then him telling that story all the time and all the time I didn't hear it was useless. Enlil barely talks and when he does its about his works and mom well no one has really heard her voice in ages, so... " she concluded. None of it was really important. Killing humans wouldn't be too difficult they were gods. And anything they couldn't kill, Gilgamesh could, he was the perfect specimen, he had everything, he could kill everything and he could give her both protection and strength. Truly he was the perfect answer to all that ailed her. All that remained was getting rid of the little boy-queen that stood in her way. "That almost sounds like you're complimenting her, Enki." Ishtar said in a huff. No her creature wouldn't lose, and even if it did... she'd just send it again.

Artoria's works against this particular creature were continuing. She was dodging swipes, clashing against claws and stopping the settling of fangs. All the while her brows were furrowed as if in deep thought. It was more than a bit annoying to her, that someone would send a large cat to her that she needed to kill. More annoying yet that someone thought this was enough of a challenge to best her. Even more still, she was annoyed by the idea that there was an island floating atop her and she did not know who it was or why they were there. It was a system of annoyance that all culminated in one sentence. She had the feeling she would not see the King of Heroes as promised the next day. Her body began to shine in the moment as the creature roared and tried to capture her in its teeth. She stood balanced on its upper and lower fangs her body beginning to glow. She was using her active ability in a peculiar way. Not shining the light of Excalibur but instead using 'Holy Queen' She would channel that down this blade instead. Shooting the creature up through its mouth and killing it in a single moment. Using such a method would be painless for the creature and what was more would detach it from the clutches of the evil goddess, since it was lust now controlling her heart and nothing so pure as love. Soon after she would flip landing at the ground and sheathing her weapon as the beast fell to its side closing its eyes. Artoria would do the humane thing and pet it as its body turned into glowing dust. "There there, I am sorry. Go in peace. I hope your next master is worthy..." she murmured with absolute softness in direct opposition to the fury of her soul. Even without knowing the exact details of her situation she was furious something like this would happen.

That kiss was something interesting even to Vivian. In a moment like this she'd sunk so deeply in she could almost regret what she was about to do. Almost. But there remained a single problem she was still ever so furious. He sighed his contentment after the kiss broke and Vivian herself lifted from his chest and groin. She sat at the bed side while he spoke of champagne? Really that's what her kisses reminded him of? That is the food he equated to such a thing? But still... her eyes closed and her visage cracked a bit more. She stood rolling her own shoulders and walked towards the outside of the tower. This time her clothes were coming back. There was no other time to think... nothing else to do. She could leave all this here and continue her journey one step at a time. Merlin would not be able to leave this place if his name was not spoken, and she would not speak it. No, she'd eventually cross the barrier of the tower and it would be complete.

Ishtar could not be swayed by the overcoming of Velber's children. Well, she'd never been much of a thinker anyway. It couldn't truly be understood why she thought less of those calamities, and not more of human capability, because the former had been defeated by the latter. Even Enki was coming to accept the power of humankind, and in fact... the way to crush Artoria Pendragon likely began with humans themselves. "Of course they're boring; everything Father said was. Think about it, though. If there are humans who can defeat creatures of that magnitude, what will we be able to say as the gods who reared in those humans? No one could question us then," he explained. As for his alleged compliments of the Queen of Knights, it could be taken as such. "Does it? Well, defeating a world-ender is no small feat even for a god. She's earned that accomplishment. With it, she'll be all the more useful as a sacrifice to the gods' glory."

Meanwhile, Merlin was soon to be in for quite a shock. Vivian had no response to offer after his declaration. That was fine, but instead of relaxing as one would normally expect, she removed herself from him and turned away. Even the clothes returned to her skin as she walked toward the exit. Merlin rose to follow suit, believing there was something more to this exodus. "H'oh? Silence doesn't always say a thousand words, you know? What's the─" Mid-sentence, Merlin found himself walking right into a wall. Well... there wasn't actually a wall there, but instead some sort of barrier. "... Plan." Oh. Well, this was a minor inconvenience. Was Vivian playing some sort of game? Perhaps; he wouldn't put the notion past her. Still, this particular barrier seemed to have a number of layers even he shouldn't be able to crack. It looked beyond himself, beyond the King of Magecraft, and beyond even the gods. Was this some additional effect of Avalon as a realm? "What's the deal with this thing?"

Enki was content to try and educate Ishtar but this never really worked the way anyone thought it would. She only used information the way she wanted to and she only learned the lessons she wanted to in order to get the things she wanted. She saw no use in thinking about the capabilities of the boy-queen. Nor did she ever think very much of the stories once told by her father. If anything, it would make more sense for someone to simply separate her from the weapon which obviously empowered her. "It sounds like a lot of work. Humans are small they need a lot of time even these ones only made it up here in the last decade..." she said as if she was bored immediately by the idea. So what of this compliment he'd just given the boy-queen. According to Enki felling the world-ender was something even gods would have trouble with and as such she had earned that accomplishment. "Eh, but you just said she had Gilgamesh with her, and a sword that originally defeated such a thing, it doesn't sound like an accomplishment at all... and we all know the Hero King is strong so," she started to go on a tirade until of course, she took note of the fact that her pet had been felled. It was one of her favorites but she'd just return it to herself in a... "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!" there was outrange in her. She couldn't call back Cath Palug. It was gone! "How? How did she take it from me?!"

Yes, Artoria had severed the connection between Cath Palug and the evil goddess. Technically, she did not take the giant beast, she freed it. It would respawn where it would have occurred naturally in the world. Whenever Artoria got free of this accursed place, she might remember to go pick it up. She turned and walked away soon after, seeming to be disappointed by the whole thing. Artoria Pendragon was a Knight and a Queen. Still in her heart she had a fondness for animals and none more than cats. The thought that she'd had to kill one would require reflection. She'd return to the top of her castle, while waiting for the return of her Knights who were scouting the land. Camelot was covered by a dusting of snow, but after the threat had cleared the people had started to shovel walkways and continue their way of life. They had faith it would not go too badly since their Queen had returned they could have faith she would protect them. Roosting might be a better term for what Artoria was doing presently, not like a bird but more similar to something else...

On the other side of the barrier, Vivian heard the words spoken by Merlin. Silence did not always speak? True. He should know thta better than most. "I thought I could do it... but I can't," said Vivian. That sentence probably seemed unrelated but that was fine. It seemed that Vivian was struggling still. her emotions were all over the place. She was too kind in this form. Too nice to deal with the issues presented by this moment. She was still absolutely furious at Merlin. And even with the day they'd just enjoyed together she couldn't separate herself enough from those emotions. She snapped, a cold smirk coming to her face in the moment. Those electric blue eyes of hers, hardening like ice beneath the surface. "You know, about fifteen years ago... I heard your name whispered across the water," she said that so very clearly. "I was confused. I thought I misheard so I went and looked and I saw her.... a child with your eyes saying something she should not know..." she said carefully. "And then I saw her mother... so I just need to know why? And I couldn't rationalize it even though I tried, even though it was making me angry. I couldn't even look at you for a while but it became more clear over time. So why? Why did you do it? Why didn't you tell me? You had a baby by someone else and spoke your name to them? Your real name? The ONE THAT SUMMONS YOU!" ah, there it was the fury of her words settled. And her personage switched. Those light colored clothes diappeared replaced by strappy black clothes. A dark little crown with blue jewels atop her head and ice blue eyes and the colder visage. All the while she could only shake her head. "I offered this solution because the Lake Fae wasn't sure how she wanted to deal with you... whether you can answer her questions or not matters little to me. I will not release you from that tower."

While Ishtar was talking her usual nonsense, Enki was watching one of her favorite creatures be bested by one of the humans she considered so low. Well, he did agree that humans were lowly creatures. That, however, would not counteract the truth of things. "That sword chooses its wielder. It is still an accomplishment that she even has it, as it didn't choose any of us. That is also fine," he said, looking down at the end of a battle with curiosity. "She'd make a better slave if she learned her place. What better tool could be used to beat down the rest of humanity when it gets too cocky?" If he had his other arm, Enki would have plugged his ear during Ishtar's outburst─ at least without having to stop resting on his hand as he'd been doing. Sadly, he had only the one, so he did nothing in the end. However, there was mention of Artoria "taking" Ishtar's little pet. That was... interesting. "Even I don't have the answer to that. She did nothing to its core, so it should normally have no issues. Well... I guess a new plan is in order. Given how those mortals show themselves operating lately, what do you say to a little wait? I'd hate to see you waste more of your pets on one little girl. Why don't we do as Father once did? Two things could be done at once, I believe. Raise and bless one of the humans to overwhelm the girl. That should make it possible to put her in her place, while also seizing one of Anu's Authorities that should work surprisingly well in conjunction with your own. And, if we make sure to watch the girl's development, we avoid the problem we had with the Chains of Heaven not being up to par by the time they were ready. Roma seems fit to raise a warmonger."

There was something Vivian thought she could do. What could that have been? Something about that statement seemed off, which even Merlin found concerning as it came from the Fairy of the Lake. By the time she turned to elaborate, the first information to pass her lips was something involving his spoken name. His... real name? A brow was quirked as Merlin's head tilted slightly. Was there someone alive who knew his true name, apart from the Fae? Oh. Yes, there was that one incident. A casual feeding took place during the Second Holy Grail War, and he'd taken an additional step for the sake of freeing the witch Medea of a god's curse. Why was she so bothered by that? Before he could even think it through enough to speak on the matter, Vivian underwent a shift in... well, everything. It was no longer Vivian he looked upon, but instead... "Oh? Hello Morgause," he said before giving the woman a once-over, thinking differently of her address. "Or... Morgan. Not quite finished yet?" the mage wondered aloud. This one was problematic indeed, and with her appearance, it mattered not what situation existed between Vivian and himself. "What then, I am to be imprisoned because...? You and Vivian are upset with me for being as I must always be? Don't be ridiculous. There's no way the world needs me gone now. Even if Camlann is going on right now, there's still the future incarnation of King Arthur to be guided by Merlin. Though this explains the lack of clarity past planting the sword, both of you should stop throwing tantrums and let me out. It isn't like you can literally keep me here forever anyway."

Enki seemed to think Artoria would make a decent slave. A tool with which to beat down humanity whenever it reared its ugly head. Ishtar disagreed. Men were slaves... women were issues. Leaving one in a place of status was just permission for some man she wanted to take interest and then the whole plan would fall apart. Enki did not understand such things, he never would. "A sword that choosing its wielder is dumb. It is a tool... giving weapons free will is how one ended up with the problem of the Chains of Heaven," she said that wasn't a wrong statement, still there was obviously more to her thoughts than that. Whatever the case, it seemed that they were to wait. Raise and bless a certain individual, apparently in Roma and make sure they were able to defeat Artoria Pendragon. "Ugh fine. But it still sounds boring!" Ishtar said all that but she'd rather not waste any more of her pets either. Perhaps she could send someone to find that one and bring it back to her. That made sense. "I am not interested in watching a boy-queen grow into power... maybe I'll watch whoever we chose to raise instead."

At the same time, it seemed Merlin didn't really understand why Vivian had responded to badly to his casual feeding. That was fine, Morgan as she was currently being called understood the confusion. She and Merlin were a lot alike. "Hello, Merlin..." cordial was the other side of the Lake Fae's coin. She seemed disinterested but not cruel. "I am as finished as I need to be," she said calmly. On the other side of the wall she crossed her arms under her chest and just watched as Merlin worked through his imprisonment. "I am not upset, Vivian is. She is a Nice Fairy... I am a Good Fairy, the difference is subtle but there," she mentioned with little to no emotion present. "I am doing what needs to be done, same as you. The fact that you need to be here, and Vivian needs to punish you simply make the goals align," she said carefully. "And do not worry, your clarity will return as time passes," she said. She truly did not seem to care. They were both creatures of the World. They were both carrying on as the world willed them to, "I can keep you here as long as I wish to. You seem to misunderstand what happens when a Fae whose magic is older than the gods with knowledge our former world decides to use that power and almost two decades to make a prison. I do not doubt your magical prowess but I only know one clever enough to open this and I have not seen him in this world..." she said this with no real emotion passing her face. "Also there is no need to worry for the Future King, Merlyn will be there to raise him," these were the words of the Dark Fae who'd seen that version of the future. But now that she was in control of their body she had things to do. There was plenty that needed to happen before Camlann and both Artoria's downfall and her vessel needed preparation. There was another problem but that was one for the Lake Fae to deal with.

Page 86 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast