Page 88 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

No more words. Gilgamesh took the map he'd once loaned to the Queen of Saints. He was without hesitation when opening it, revealing the whole of Finis Chaldea as a single image. There was Mesopotamia, Egypt, the Holy Knights' Headquarters, and the various other islands of Chaldea. Where? He hadn't taken the time to learn Albion's location, but this map looked no differently than it did when he first showed it to Jeanne. The map had not been tampered with, yet there was no place for Albion on it. Who was to blame for this? "WHERE IS IT?!" he shouted. Already, he had a list of individuals to blame. Ishtar could have scrambled her way out of Irkalla by now with ease, according to her own methods. Enki, whom he'd taken the arm of, could have thought to steal from him once more. Which one, though? Or, could there have been a different entity proving their annoyance to him? Surely Artoria had no enemies of her own remaining, given her propensity for domination by force. "Who has the details? Someone will tell me whose head is forfeit immediately!"

A shout from King Gilgamesh let everyone present know that the Queen of Knights country was missing from the visible aspects of the world's map. That map had been in Jeanne's care a long time, she'd seen her sister's country on it. She knew where it should be, she'd even visited it a couple of times. Why was it missing now? "Well, it's supposed to be right behind my Headquarters, with my place basically being an easy cut across to here... Not that she travels that way," she said pointing to the place it should have been visible. "I saw it there last night," she said her own facing having taken on a bit of a sterner look, mostly she'd gone a bit empty in the eyes. Oh, right that was a family trait, anger caused a lack of emotion in these people. Her sister had no enemies, she knew this as a matter of course, so someone had taken a whole country without anyone knowing it would happen. And had in that same moment basically taken hostage everyone in that country. Jeanne was upset not the crying kind but the angry killing kind. So rare was it for the Queen of Saints' emotions to not be more pleasantly aligned. Still she could hear little voices of the angels, mostly that meant that the Lake Fae had something to share with her? "Rie-nee says she's spoken with Eri-nee today. She is on her way to the closest body of water here," she said that to the King of Heroes while beginning to pace. What could have made the entire country go missing and why was her sister being targeted? There was literally nothing the lass could have done wrong to anyone. Besides all of that her sister despite her prickly demeanor was actually a very kind person, no one had any reason to hate her.

Jeanne confirmed the would-be location of Albion. Just as he thought, it should not have been very far away at all. The fury of Gilgamesh had become almost palpable. He could feel the state of another as well. In this very throne room, there were two who should never have been toyed with. Countries, even empires, could be razed overnight, and all it would take was a single word. What would that word be? Perhaps all would know quite soon. "Fate has some nerve thinking it can spit in my face yet again," he commented through gritted teeth. What was that Holy Maiden saying now? The one identifying as the Lake Fairy in this world had spoken to her. She confirmed the wellbeing of Artoria. That was good, but he hardly believed she would find herself in any true danger; that would be no queen of his. The important thing was not the state of her being, as that was essentially a given. The important thing was a location, as well as a target associated with said location. The Lake Fairy was on her way to the nearest body of water. Oh? Why was this information worth his time? "If she has time to pass along this information, why has she not found the time to be here and speak it directly? I am in no need of go-between messengers."

Jeanne was also furious enough that she knew the pair of them would easily topple anything they wished. No one was allowed this, she was the youngest but her sister was important to her, and quite obviously her favorite sibling. Still there was the matter of not needing messengers and all of that, but a certain armored fae was already walking up from inside the Ziggurat itself. "I only meant to warn that I was dropping in directly," she said having surfaced within the baths of the Ziggurat. She usually didn't take such an entrance for the sake of preserving the privacy of everyone involved but she wasn't doing anything about her current level of murderous rage either. Two of the Hoshimi women were in this room and both of them had a level of fury within their souls would let anyone know that they were both related to Artoria Pendragon.

"Besides, coming back from Albion is a bit different now... in a manner I can't truly explain just yet," she said while holding the side of her head. Jeanne looked at her sister and gave a subtle nod to the unanswered question. "The whole country is moving and wrapped up in something..." she explained of the situation. "I did not foresee this and I cannot move through it, but there is no lake or body of water in that country I can push myself through... and I was trying. It is so strange because there should not be a still body of water anywhere in this world I cannot touch," she said carefully. "I keep hearing about Enki and Ishtar. A miracle, ugh... something else... I do not know who those people are... it's giving me a headache. It makes me feel sick," mentioned Vivian. This was true, something about those names being mentioned over the water left her feeling distressed beyond the norm of knowing they had something to do with her sister being entrapped. "They trapped her and her entire country. And not even you can get in or out? Okay." That was all Jeanne had to say about the situation. Still those eyes of hers hadn't regained their luster. No, she was strategizing, finding how how to break a siege on her sister's country. Figuring out where her sister actually was, it would take a great deal of organization to hunt it down while not knowing what they were looking for.

"Since you do not like go-betweens have this message directly," she said touching her forehead she brought forth a strangely silvery liquid containing the exact memory of Artoria relaying her message for the King of Heroes before heading off to another battle. From Vivian's perspective in the lake, Artoria's words in her own voice with all the emotions such words could convey. The memories of the waters ran deep if one knew where to look for them, and none could claim to have a greater repository of such things than the Great Mother of the Lake. A little bottle strangely the same color green as her little sisters eyes formed around that memory as she passed it along. "Tell my King of Heroes, I am on a walk. But that what I face here will not keep me from him." Whenever he decided to open that bottle he'd have that little memory all for him. That message was meant for no one else, and Vivian would only share it with the man it was meant for.

Just after Gilgamesh spoke, the voice of Vivian herself offered response. He did not care for warnings. If a warning was to be given at any point, it should have been prior to Albion's abrupt disappearance. Well, it would be worthwhile to hear what the fairy had to say at least. Of those present in the ziggurat currently, she had the only recent interaction with the Queen of Knights, and therefore the most knowledge of anyone. Sadly, what she offered was not truly helpful at all... until it was. Albion was shrouded and moving? Fine; that was the exact opposite of a helpful situation. Vivian herself could not push through the waters of the country? That complicated things even more, but made it clear that a very high-order entity was the culprit. Gilgamesh's assumption of earlier was seeming more likely, and then... Vivian spoke the names. Two names and the mention of a miracle were all he needed to understand exactly what happened. "Tch!" he scoffed. It was not one, but both the deities he thought to blame? Did they not know enough of his fury already? Well, the whole of Mesopotamia would feel it today. As he gained targets for his anger, the land shook under the weight of his mana. "The birth of divine beings creates a miracle, not unlike what the Holy Grail creates based on the will of its holder. Enki and Ishtar think themselves capable of an assault? Of this magnitude?"

The king's mind raced by the time an emerald bottle with a message was produced. Instead of taking it immediately, he shoved off the thought. He saw a great many things, and none of them were pleasant. Those gods had taken many steps in the wrong direction, though Ishtar had previously been the primary annoyance. In being so, she hardly managed to be more than just that: an annoyance. If they were willing to go to such extremes, then there was but one thing for Gilgamesh to do. "I will find the catalyst of this miracle, and when I do... I will do as a king must. Things that call themselves divine act as petty criminals, so I will enforce the law." His lips offered a speech, but his soul offered an oppressive force that spread cross the continent. Children cried, and beasts scattered and fell silent for fear of predation. Execution for immortals was no longer enough. "To be divine, is to be without mortality. Even those who kill a god cannot do so permanently, so long as they are bound to their Authorities. But... what happens when a god does not simply die? If a god is made to bleed before their own worshippers, over their own children, where then will be the belief in them? The whore Ishtar and the dog Enki; how will they be born anew when the whole world gazes upon the display of their mangled forms? I do wonder how long their Authorities will hold before they slip into the ether."

Enki and Ishtar, were gods apparently. Well, that made sense of how anyone was capable of being able to keep out the Lake Fae from her domain. The presence of prayer and the ability to confound Authority made it sensible. Even so, one of them had to be in control of Water to completely shut her out. The fact that Excalibur could still travel in the waters meant that control of that sort of mystery was still beyond them. But why take Albion at all? What did they get out of trapping Artoria? These were the questions which had no logical answers. Well the name Ishtar came up before didn't it? Artoria had knocked over all of her temples in Mesopotamia but that had been an act of retribution. That same goddess was the one who sent rapists after the Queen of Knights, surely she wasn't seeking to further provoke that girl when it was clear as day Artoria would slay anyone she set her sights on.

Crying children, fleeing creatures and the grounds of Chaldea shaking below them. None could even bring themselves to tell the King of Heroes to calm himself. He had every right to be upset in a moment like this. His thought of punishments for these gods was rather gruesome but it wasn't necessarily unfair. Jeanne was still thinking about the potential siege. If they were in motion she needed to know if there was anything else to go on. "I have someone I can get to look for it. Even if it cannot be found. Actually, that would likely make it more interesting for her, but I need a place to tell her to start..." mentioned Jeanne. Well, as far as actually planning of such events went she was always the one who was ready to put together a working action plan flexible enough to shift with new information but solid enough to be taken step by step. "According to Eri, she cleansed a beast and severed it from whoever was controlling it, because such control made it evilly aligned. She was obviously upset about it, so I assume it was a cat of some sort," she said to Jeanne who thought about it a bit more. That talent was one developed after becoming a Holy Knight so Jeanne understood its workings rather well. She'd been dealing with those effects herself for a couple of decades. "A beast cleansed by such a thing, will respawn on the lower level near where it died that would tell us where it was in the sky, and give a decent starting point." Jeanne was plotting in the best way possible. At the very least in addition to contacting her friend she could look and see if any large cat beasts had spawned that would give a proper starting place. "Fine, I will look into this on my end. Actually, I know of one other kind of hidden realm..." The Lake Fae said. Strange though it was, it seemed she'd be going to visit the Great Creator twice in less than a 100 years. "I will return when I have news," she said turning on her heels. There was an oasis nearby that counted as a sacred grove, she could easily reach the Great Creator through such means. And as she headed back in she handed off that little vial to the King of Heroes that message specifically for him.

Excellent news at last. Jeanne had someone in her camp who could go searching for Albion's present location. She produced a decent enough plan involving this nameless individual; Gilgamesh had no negative criticism to offer her idea. "Then tell your sky-farer the importance of the task. If it is monetary reward they seek, they will have more than their wildest dreams can produce for success," he said. It would be Gilgamesh who fronted this operation, answering the demands of all who participated in the recovery of Albion. He would even be putting his own work aside; there were things of greater importance to deal with.

A beast had been cleansed, severed from its summoner. Of the two gods in question, only one of them made use of Divine Beasts: Ishtar. Context gave a single clue. Artoria's response to the task implied a creature of feline origin, did it? He knew the one. "Primate Murder: Cath Palug. It is a personal beast of Ishtar, a great creature that brings white winter to even the driest desert. Seek the abnormal winter, Witch Queen, we will know where to begin." With that said, Gilgamesh finally laid claim to that strange vial of liquid. He'd be viewing its content in his own time, but only when the plan was set in motion. For now, he would sit once more. Seething though he was, this could not be an event that saw immediate results. "Holy Maiden, you will take my ship of light to locate this person you speak of. Inform them of the task, and return with them in tow if you must. I will not allow this excursion enough time for those damned gods to presume victory. I expect I will be seeing the whore herself some time soon."

Jeanne's plan was apparently accepted without much hassle. She hadn't even named the individual she planned to give said task to, but the King of Heroes seemed to trust her judgement enough to allow her to undertake this task without negative criticism. What else did he say? If monetary reward was necessary to give, then he would front it? "If I say something like that I have no doubt she will agree. Between doing a new thing, helping me and getting paid it's pretty much guaranteed," she stated seeming sure in her own decision as well. of course, Jeanne, knew her friend to be a pirate and thus knew she would without cause do anything for the right price, but such friends were good to have on hand. Besides all of that, said friend reminded her most of her big sister, and knew of how much she cared for her favorite sibling. "A cat called, Primate Murder... No wonder she was upset. It sounds like the sort of thing she would have adored," she said with a small smile spreading across her face. "Witch Queen, I do not know if I like that better or worse than Fae Princess... off to search for answers and long winter," and just like that she walked out of the doors of the Ziggurat knowing where she would find the Oasis she sought to enter for a conversation with a certain former god.

Apparently Jeanne would be granted another of Gilgamesh's treasures to borrow for the sake of getting things done. His light speed ship would be given so she could go and talk to the person she sought. This much was good, last she checked said friend hadn't taken another voyage back up just yet. She was docked in the lower world near one of the outposts that was set up for the Knights. In a kingdom on the outer part of the large continent near the ocean. "Oui, I'll return shortly," said Jeanne. With the light ship she moved and was simply gone. All was well. And the King of Heroes was left alone with his attendants. It was still strange but a place hidden from sight was a weird thing for Medusa to hear. She was almost certain she knew how such a thing worked, in the same way she understood how to make the mystic code for the King of Heroes. It seemed a bit like her own magic, well specifically a bit like her ultimate attack which she'd recently gotten access to once more, after dying two decades ago. She'd look into it, while they searched for the Queen of Knights' lost country. At the same time Siduri could only think strange things. It was unreasonable that the Queen of Knights was caught up in anything like this. Mesopotamia had known only happiness in the seven years she ruled it. She'd heard from Knights that Albion was also a very safe place, it was ridiculous that the last vestiges of gods in this world had fallen so low as to disrupt the human order. And for what?

At present, things were falling in line for the offense against Enki and Ishtar. Gilgamesh could not relax in any way, but he could sit and wait until progression occurred. Jeanne took her leave of the ziggurat. The king remained in the company of Siduri and Medusa, and silence fell for only a few moments. His eyes were locked onto the vial he held, finding it ironic that its content bore that emerald hue. Was that done by the will of Vivian, or was there more to it than that? Whatever the case, he would not be viewing it immediately. "You two. Leave me," he ordered. Peace and silence was needed before he opened that vial, but once he had it... he'd let loose a mist from within. Said mist would emerge to take the full visage of Artoria as she'd been seen through the lake earlier this day, delivering that message from the image of her own lips. What she faced would not keep her from him, she said. That was almost possessive. How very intriguing. Hearing that instead of her normal sugar and fire personality, how could he do anything but snicker to himself while resealing the vial? "Fool. What shall the punishment be for breaking a promise and being so candid in the aftermath? I will not give myself long to think of one," he muttered.

Apparently the King of Heroes wished to be alone for a while. A nod came from both Medusa and Siduri who went on to wander off. Well that wasn't exactly right, Medusa was nudging Siduri along with her because she had a thought process which needed testing and she could use the extra set of hands and eyes to make it obvious if she missed anything in her line of thinking. Both knew and understood the amount of care that King Gilgamesh took when it came to one Artoria Pendragon, and both would do their fair share to support him in retrieving her and her country. As the King of Heroes wandered over the words and potential future punishments of Artoria Pendragon. She fought and slayed a great number of enemies. Whatever and whomever came knocking at her door seemed to be untimely ends. Whether she needed to work to make those things happen or not. Still, she would continue because she must in her heart knowing she planned to meet the King of Heroes again.

Meanwhile Jeanne had found her friend on the lower levels of the world. In a bar at Nassau which was a pretty famous hangout for pirates. The seriousness of Jeanne could not be mistaken and she moved through this place as if completely unperturbed by the atmosphere. She was, she had things to do and she would not be waiting around to pick up her friend. "Frankie, do you have a minute?" she asked of the woman sitting at the bar. Frankie as she was called had her face in in a mug which was turned all the way up. Drinking down the contents only to cast a side eye at the Queen of Saints. For her to come all the way down here, something must be amiss. Besides all of that... the look on the girl's face didn't quite fit her normal personality. In fact, it would be safer to say, she'd seen the girl look more kind in the middle of a war, right now she had to be near murderous. "Sure thing, doll. Come on, let's get outta of here." she said dropping a couple of gold coins on the bar. She got up slinging an arm around the shoulders of the Queen of Saints, and with pink hair flowing over her shoulder and big bust exposed she narrowed a blue eye at the lass. The scar on this pirate woman's face glistened as they passed candles on their way out. Once they'd cleared the space and were outside of earshot of the normal types here she looked at the young woman directly. "I'd say you have a job for me, but it looks like you want to murder someone. I didn't know you had that kind of vibe moving in your soul..." she said seeming to find it amusing but already noting the seriousness of the situation. "My big sister is missing. Rather, her whole country just vanished without a trace from the realm above without any of us noticing. Are you interested in tracking it down?" she asked of the female pirate her eyes brightened. "Well you know I'll do anything for you, and anything else for the right price... this one has my interest how was it plundered?" she asked wondering exactly how impossible the place would be to find. "Apparently, some pair of idiot gods performed a miracle that allowed them to take it... so it's on the move and hidden. When my other sister gets back I should be able to give you a place to start your search from and... the King of Heroes is offering a big reward if you actually find it." she said those eyes of hers were still lusterless but she seemed to be a bit upset beneath it all. "Oh? Stealing a country back from someone claiming divinity sounds like a bit of fun. But, the King of Heroes? One of the big shots upstairs? He was missing most of the time... what interest does he have in her and her place?" she asked as a matter of curiosity. "He's in love with my sister and she's also in love with him," she explained simply. "Your sister the Queen of Knights has a boyfriend? This I gotta see..." she said simple as that. Capturing an unknown place? Fabulous. Hunting down a new method of payment? Great. Finding out what kind of man made the Queen of Knights heart flutter? Priceless.

Page 88 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast