Page 97 of 178 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Finis Chaldea

"When it calms down," Ozymandias emphasized with a long sigh to follow. He slid down in his throne, almost yawning as his head turned toward Nefertari. He could have fallen asleep right then and there, but he could never be so callous as to abandon comrades in need. "I'm awaiting the day it actually does. In the meantime... at least it's a good bit of fun," he thought aloud. With that, there was a visitor to Ramesseum Tentyris, presumably via the bathroom considering her normal method of transportation. She wanted to hitch a ride? What a pointless question. "Welcome, ye Mighty!" he said first and foremost, taking a moment to have a magnificent chair constructed just below the throne. "You are as welcome as always. Have a seat, or even return to the baths and actually enjoy them, if you wish."

Jeanne d'Arc, in her darkened state, fought against the scum of the knights. This incarnation had no issue slaying the few to bring salvation to the many, but today was the day to slay the many for the few. As she ran her burning stake and sword through one of the pretenders, she was observed from a nearby hilltop. It seemed she was prepared to produce some large-scale spell that would undoubtedly wipe out the whole group surrounding her, but she needn't waste such energy with the day she was soon to have. None of the false knights would be allowed to come close enough. Each of them would fall simultaneously to swords, spears and the like through their torsos. It appeared to be a coordinated assault from some cavalry surrounding the masses, but... those golden tools could only belong to one person: the very same man who stood atop that hill with his arms crossed. He'd wait only until the indirect message was delivered, and then... he'd disappear to locate the final target of his collections.

"Yes, of course. First on the list for calm down all day respite..." she said with a softness having rotated her shoulders only slightly. Once upon a time, such a day would have been called, 'pizza, booze, telly' but, there was no pizza and no television unfortunately. They have to make do with other kinds of lazy day activities. "I also don't mind a bit of fun. Life would get completely mundane without something to do from time to time," she said. Granted she'd recently gotten more design choices more things to learn. Perhaps when everything calmed down she'd actually go back to that side of her creative outlet, it seemed as more people popped up, higher quality material and higher grade objects could be used to create and that would be fun. At the same time, the appearance of a sudden Lake Fae in the Ramesseum did not seem to upset the Pharaohs at all. In fact, the Lady Vivian was offered a chair. She smiled and took the chair stretching her shoulders. "Sankyuu. I really might take you up on that, it's been a while since my last Milk and Honey bath and it'd be nice to take a breather or two from working~" she claimed.

At the same time, Jeanne was having her energy saved by a certain Golden King raining down weapons upon her enemies. His appearance at a time like this could only mean one thing... her sister's location had been determined. That was good, she quite missed her big sister and would rather have her within arms reach. What was more, with this pack of strange knights wiped out she could technically leave without it being much of an issue. "Clean this mess up. Tend the rest of the survivors and report back to headquarters. Sieg, we're going!" she said. Yes, she was going to catch up with the group atop the back of a Dragon as was her regular method of transport. Speaking of regular methods of transport... Francis Drake, was moving about at sea between two of the separated continents. They'd been apart just long enough to have her keeping track of their drift patterns and what should have been relative impact zones. Still locating those fallen islands was a chore given their hidden status. If even one of them, became visible the rest could be triangulated. She'd find one she would. Here and now she was looking at her map with her eternal compass on the table as she charted her next course. There was somewhere promising to look at... a beach called Dragon Lagoon seemed to have been showing signs of mana disturbance. She was plotting a course there from her current position.

Ozymandias would make use of travel time to relax, knowing the goal at hand was Francis Drake's fleet on the lower world. In doing so, he slung an arm around Nefertari and waved his free hand to call upon a nearby servant. Fig wine would be brought forth for the trio on a single tray, the offer starting with Vivian and ending with Ozymandias himself. A breather from work was something all could use, the pharaoh thought. Perhaps they could all manage to catch a break after this retrieval was over? One could hope. "You and the rest are always welcome. Just don't make a habit of frequent appearances just to take my wife from me," he said, having developed the slightest complex from a long period of visitors seeking only Nefertari's creations. Those were such empty days, he was actually glad to be past them in the last millennium.

By Jeanne's command, the tall, white-haired knight Siegfried took the form of a great black dragon without hesitation. It was well-known what they sought the day Gilgamesh appeared, and it seemed today was that day. A full sprint evolved into flight with wings that shook the land. Soon enough, the sea would be shaken below. Well, that was already the case in a manner of speaking. Francis Drake had made quite a name for herself. It should be considered foolish by all to be a stowaway upon one of her vessels, but there would be one this day. While she was busy charting courses, the King of Heroes stood motionless at the bow of her primary ship. This was his final stop, so he merely remained in place as if he intended to hitch a ride until the others found the Golden Hind.

Apparently, there was but one potential problem with showing up to commune with the Pharaohs, and that was... Ozymandias not wanting everyone just seeking the company of his wife. Having been offered a drink, Vivian would take it with no hesitation. She owed no one sobriety and sobriety wasn't exactly fleeting given her own personality. "I would not do that... well probably wouldn't do that. At the very least I'd hang out with both of you~" Vivian commented. This was rather true. Aloof was the Lady of the Lake but she preferred group settings over the theft of a single participant. "Well, except girls' night. I can't do anything about that," she offered, giving a cheeky wink to Nefertari. That was one thing Vivian had seen in her many glimpses of the future that she was actually looking forward to, girls' night out with her sisters and friend. "Girls' night? Don't say that too loud, Ronnie will pop up out of nowhere," she said with a knowing smile. There were about three things that moved the elder sister of the female pharaoh. One of them was men problems and the other was a bunch of women getting wasted together. Admittedly those things usually happened at the same time, but that was not worth the extra thought.

Meanwhile Jeanne had taken off on Sieg's back after he'd taken off, apparently knowing the sort of thing she was looking for and taking to the skies to find the Ramesseum as well. At the same time, the King of Heroes stood at the bow of Francis Drake's ship. Several of her newer crew members seemed to be in a panic over the appearance of a 'stowaway'. The woman stood up from her work looking at the map, she brought it up with her and began barking orders, she would deal with both problems with with the utmost efficiency. "Boys, we don't tolerate stowaways bring me a rope and..." there was a pause. Ah, it was time was it? Damn. She'd hoped she would have the glory of this find. She was almost certain she was close as well. "Never mind boys, we're plotting a course. That's not a stowaway; that's our sponsor!" that was that. On Francis Drake's ship, this woman was considered sovereign. Still in her fleet with her men she would easily give a bit for her comrade and the man funding her expeditions.

Vivian spoke of something Ozymandias would one day dread. Girls' night? What a repulsive idea it was, even though it would not be something he spoke against if it occurred. "Why should I expect anything less?" he groaned, though seemingly not in bad humor. "You're all some sort of bloody cult, aren't you? Let's all pull the moon to earth and keep the sun's light from it! I should burn the lot of you," he continued. There was nothing wrong with a casual tirade of complaints while moving toward a goal, he figured. Oh, and it appeared another pair of visitors was to be upon them in mere moments. The dragon Fafnir flew beside Ramesseum Tentyris, granting its rider time to dismount before taking human form and landing within a newly-created opening as well. These visitors would receive no less hospitality than Vivian herself, but... Ozymandias would be continuing his tirade as wine was brought to them as well. "Welcome to the Ubermid, my wife is apparently free to be randomly stolen away by the rest of you! Go on; make yourselves at home!"

The call for rope regarding an alleged stowaway resulted only in Gilgamesh looking over his shoulder. If not for their use during the previous assault, he would have passed judgement upon Francis' crew for being too timid to deal with a supposed threat themselves. Of course, he would have judged them just as quickly for being stupid enough to assault him. It was a strange conundrum stemming from the King of Heroes' eternally moody demeanor, but of no importance presently. The emergence of Francis Drake was followed by the decision to chart a new course, for which there was a widely-known purpose. One final piece remained, as well as the coalescence of forces to take this final journey against the cursed gods.

Vivian could do nothing but laugh. The great Sun King could not bear to part with his wife one night, once in a while for the sake of girl's night. Vivian could only drink a little and shake her head. "I think the Sun protests too much. You haven't thought of the personal benefits yet~" she said knowing that delivering home random drunk women to their husbands all horny and missing them, was the crux of girls' night. At the same time, arrival to the Ramesseum meant Jeanne dismounting and being greeted by the Pharaoh on a tirade likely due to something her elder sister had said. "Thanks, Pharaohs. I'll only steal her once in a while..." she said as she walked over taking one of those cups and downing it. She'd had one hell of a morning. Actually, this personality shift in the Queen of Saints definitely fit the 'I'm a saint not a nun attitude'. All the while Vivian could only be more amused than ever, soon enough both of her sisters would be back in her company for a while and that was worth being pleased about. "It's not really stealing if I volunteer to go Ozzy~ Besides we know me, I'm definitely always coming back~" she mentioned as if it was the most honest thing in the world. In truth the Pharaohs had the sort of relationship that many would count as a goal towards solidarity.

If all that was left was getting the group together, this would not be utterly difficult. In the things being prepared by the Wisdom Goddess, a certain summon which belonged to her originally was returning to her person. She'd easily find herself leaving the Ziggurat on the back of a large white serpentine dragon with eyes a similar shade of red to her own. "Hello, Gandr. It's been a while~" she mused. The serpent itself seemed to be rather happy. It's name hadn't been called in quite a long while, but it was easily capable of moving through space in a manner quite different from regular methods of transport. The world serpent's body was said to encircle the world and to that end to ride it was to be able to appear anywhere in the world as long as one had a target location or person in mind. This time the King of Heroes was the target and so this dragon serpent would appear along side the Golden Hind as the redhead flew with it, casually lying atop it patting its head. "Hoh? People of this time are quite interesting..." she mused. She figured he had quite the group lined up, this was good in case of the offensive produced.

Oh? The Lake Fairy thought he protested too much, and even believed he was missing the benefits to being robbed of his wife. He'd done no such thing. Some thousands of years before, he knew those experiences. Would that stop him from griping, though? Not once. "That's a rather bold assumption. Having benefits doesn't mean I can't complain about something before it happens!" he insisted. Lo and behold, the arrival of one Jeanne d'Arc would further his complaining. According to her, it would only be once in a while that she came to steal his queen away. "Once in a while, she says." With that, he comically turned his head away from Nefertari, nose in the air and a forced pout on his lips. "Hmph! Some isekai life this is turning out to be! What sort of god-king can I call myself when I only have access to my wife most of the time!"

Soon, the forces of Chaldea were in range of each other. From the bow of Francis' ship, Gilgamesh gazed up at the pyramid containing the others he'd collected. Another opening was made, and from it came a staircase down onto the Golden Hind. Gilgamesh walked up said staircase, which remained in place for the sake of Francis Drake and... apparently another member of their ranks. Newcomer aside, Gilgamesh entered the pyramid as if nothing amiss had occurred, addressing the masses immediately. "This ends today. The Sea God has had more than enough time to flail about like the slimy fish he is. Nanshe. Show them the way."

Apparently, Ozzy could complain irrespective of future benefits because he already knew what they were. Both Jeanne and Vivian could only shake their heads. "You can't actually complain if it benefits you. It's a waste of breath," said Jeanne who seemed to find the whole of the situation amusing. Of course, there were more serious reasons they were gathered but the complaints of Ozymandias about the sort of god-king he was messing up his isekai lifestyle could only cause Nefertari to chuckle. "Eh? I'd say you are a modern one... you know the type with only one very happy wife!~" she said giving him a quick peck on the cheek. Of course, the more serious of the group would be ascending steps soon, including Francis Drake and one red headed woman that would seem unidentifiable. Except, Jeanne knew who this woman was and so did Vivian though for slightly different reasons...

The redhead of the group seemed to be frowning. No that wasn't right, she had a major case of a resting face which showed only aggression and disdain for everything and everyone regardless of her own temperament. And the serpent she'd rode in on coiled itself around her after shrinking down to a more manageable size settling in around her left arm instead of doing anything else. "Hai hai, slaying of the Sea God will commence..." she said. Within her hand was a strange cube, but it was more or less a set of records containing any and everything the world had to offer as far as recorded knowledge was concerned. This included a projection of several of the new maps that Francis Drake was working on below the decks of her ship. She projected them in blue dancing flames before the Pharaoh as to not interrupt his control. "The island he is located on is called Ishval, it is over there, about 15 km below sea level..." she stated pointing it out. "Can you... use this pyramid like a submarine?" she asked a small smirk coming to her face. "Also if you'd like to keep him from moving out of that place, it'd be for the best if you broke or disrupted the obelisk at the center of it. The set up of these islands would allow him to port himself between them and that would be problematic even though I know where they all are..." she said as that cube of hers seemed to fold in on itself. She was still shuffling through all the knowledge of the millennia she'd not been on this side of the world. She it would not take her long to learn everything but to remain friendly enough she needed to compartmentalize the learning aspects of her brain.

"It is just as much a waste of breath to say nothing at all. Mine is the voice of the sun; it shall be heard by the masses!" Ozymandias said in a seemingly joking manner. True enough, if he were one of those alleged "isekai protagonists" of any sort, he'd be of the less common, non-harem variety. Ozymandias couldn't see the point of harems in either life; how was anyone ever satisfied? Whatever the case, he could at least think of one potential benefit, in one specific scenario... but that was no topic for large groups.

The plan was to be laid out by Nanshe. At least, she was the only one holding information regarding the placement of Enki, and therefore Artoria Pendragon. She spoke of Ishval, a place some fifteen kilometers beneath the water's surface. With a depth and location determined by that strange map of hers, Ozymandias leaned forward in his seat. Could his pyramid function as a submarine? That sounded like the strangest joke. "It is a home, a temple, and a flying machine... and you think to ask if it can be a submarine?" he retorted, seeming aghast by the thought. Only a single breath later though, the pharaoh leaned back and spoke again. "Of course I can use it like a submarine!" he shouted jovially. Fully sealed off from the outside, Ramesseum Tentyris descended into the waters below. As if by magic, there wasn't even a change to the air pressure within as the pyramid plummeted deep into the ocean. While this occurred, Gilgamesh kept his eyes on the observation "HUD". "That thing claims to be an almighty god, and uses something as simple as obelisks? Pitiful. There will be no issues keeping him from making any escape. Witch Queen, I presume that is well within your area of expertise. What else fills the dog's kennel?"

The voice of the sun should be heard? He was such a jokingly happy man. All would be well, when the other man with such a personality in their group returned to such methods. Harem life had never been an ideal of Ozzy even on the other side of the world, and none knew this better than Nefertari. Even so, she wasn't at all against playing a little dress up now and again. Hell, she spent her favorite parts of her career as a cosplayer, what she wouldn't give for a few beat faces and a couple of changes in attire to make her feel completely different again. Whatever the case, Nanshe, posed an almost impossible question to the Sun King, could his pyramid function as a submarine. A round about couple of sentences and she received her answer. "Innovative with ingenuity, I can't hate that... I do like the clever," she mentioned as a point of appreciation. She knew now essentially why her daughter was so fond of this man and his wife. If they were this sort of innovative then they had to have been very interesting in every market.

"He claims authority over intelligence but he is not wise, Wedge of Heaven." That was Nanshe's simple reply to the man as she continued searching her own archive. In the meantime, it seemed they were plotting courses of attack at various intervals. Witch Queen? Vivian knew to be a reference to herself and she looked up. He asked if she could handle an obelisk and she could only smile. "An obelisk is the play of literal children, I will take care of them..." she confirmed. Actually, if she had access to one of them she could well do something quite drastic. An added punishment for daring to try and lock the Great Mother Fae out of a domain which was water. There was a distinct change in her visage in that moment almost like a shadow creeping into the corner of her eye. Oh well, it wasn't important. The little pieces of that cube in Nanshe's hand continued moving about as she searched through the archive compiling data and keeping track of all important bits to give relevant information to the King of Heroes. "Ishval is considered a technological capital. The humans there have advanced robotics, that run on mana, and use them as guardians instead of fighting directly. The Kelpie Horde that feast upon the flesh of women, in all ways one can mean that statement, because that kind of creature should be alive, and the last of the sea dragons," she mentioned as she funneled through information. Was there anything else worth mentioning. "There is also still the boy himself and the Queen of Knights. There is a lot of mention here of Command Seals and their modifications for the application to an uncontracted entity. I do not know if he would risk arming her, but it should be considered a potential threat nonetheless."

Page 97 of 178 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast