Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Demon Castle <Delsgade>

According to Sin herself, the difference of which Anos spoke would not have presented a great threat to his plan. Anos had already been made curious, but this admission was one to be heavily interested in. "You think so? Then it may be time for you to tell me a story directly from your own mouth," the male suggested, wondering after Sin's cryptic mention if this was something he'd have to work out of her by some kind of force. Of course, there were other methods that didn't involve that. "I could always go see for myself. There should be a few possibilities that have you and that boy in a more acceptable relationship. Maybe you were even happy in one of them; I should try my luck there." Anos spoke of ruining a marriage as if it meant nothing, but he had his reasons. Actually, thinking of the implications made him give some legitimate consideration to this makeshift plan of his. . .

Today was a day for Sin to learn something about her mother-turned-son, and about the creatures known in the world as Fae. It was never completely beyond Kishar to know and understand romance; it had always been a choice of duty above all else. In one particular case, the reincarnated Kishar, Enlil, had become very involved with an individual who classified as a Destroyer. "Everyone has interests. Lust reached your world eons ago. No one has ever been immune to it. But... I'm sure you understand that already." Anos spoke only truth. Ki herself had recently shown the lust within, just as her former husband had been doing for millennia. Kishar reincarnated was no exception, even if not all inhabitants of the world were consumed by Lust as others were. "All these things cast out from the world with my kind will always find a way back in. In all of creation, everything wishes to be whole, to be included."

These trees were an interesting replacement for the sun and moon. Their light appeared ambient, spreading far and wide without the trees themselves being an annoyance to look upon. Ah, but Anos' attention had already been taken by this strange creature. Sin claimed she was above starting a war in a fit of jealousy. That was... almost a shame. "Then there is a massive difference between us. I wouldn't hesitate to... rain hell, as they say," he asserted. Of course, the one called Anos did not know jealousy; he was far too certain of his superiority. That wouldn't stop him from massacring thousands just to prove a point. Regardless of their differing opinions, Anos watched nonchalantly as Sin employed a beast mastery technique of old to corral the staring creature. Onward it went toward its tamer after being enveloped by her mana, but even as it did so, it continued looking toward the raven-haired male as if curious. At this point, Anos was a step away from having flashbacks to earlier in the day. . .

Apparently the cryptic statement given by Sin posed quite a bit of curiosity in the mind of Anos. He made the claim that it might be time for her to explain with her own mouth though soon after it was followed with the idea that he should see for himself. It was apparently among the possibilities that he could have looked into to see a version of the relationship of Anu and Ki which was not as unhappy as the one he'd come to. He could test his luck with something like that, what an exciting prospect. "I do not think it requires that much of an explanation," she started seeming to give her phrasing just a little bit of extra thought. "Well, in truth, the one known as the Prime Destroyer was always a person who commanded attention. Especially as an existence to be considered equal to that of the Heart of Genesis," she mentioned. "Happiness and acceptability of a relationship aside, there is likely no form of me who wouldn't have heard out what you had to say and who wouldn't have taken you up on an offer you made," she explained of herself. Whether or not such a statement would out her as the absolute fanatic over Anos that she'd been in her childhood, she could not know. Perhaps if he read between the lines and considered the way in which Ki spoke to him, it'd become a thing he'd realize...

Moving on, instead of focusing on the interests of a young Ki, there was the talk of her mother turned son. It was true romantic or lustful interest had been something long since leaked back into the world, but there was still knowing of what Enlil had been like in their adolescence to make the confusion greater. "I mean, yes, I understand that part better than most. But, Enlil once almost destroyed all of humanity because he thought them too noisy. It's just a bit of an extreme contrast," she said knowing what her offspring had been like when they were feeling less than charitable. Even so, she was admittedly quite happy that her eldest son had found something in life worth being excited over, and the thought that what was cast out was looking for a place of belonging was quite interesting as well. "That sounds like something mother would have said actually. Inclusion is important I will concede this and wishing to belong is no crime either..." she mused. She understood that those who'd been cast out likely wouldn't enjoy being outside forever. That is why reintegration was always part of the plan, even if it was a part ignored or forgotten by the Father of the Gods.

The creature approaching would be plucked up even as it continued to stare at Anos. Within Sin's arms she'd only have a chuckle at the supposed antics of Anos, not doubting them even for a second. "Two people being like that would likely be a bit problematic. Though I would not stop you from doing as your heart sees fit... I think she likes you," she said giving the creature a bit of an inspection. Enough at least to realize its gender and the point of its focus. "Actually, think is the wrong word, she definitely likes you..." she mused. "Such a creature does not exist in the material world, I do wonder what it should be called~"

The notion was allegedly that Anos, the Prime Destroyer, was an existence marked as equivalent to the Heart of Genesis. There was much truth to this, as even Anos himself understood. Before them was every example, every ounce of proof that a natural harmony between Sin and himself resulted in creation and destruction without producing utter chaos. Even Kishar may not have managed that in her prime, and other Destroyers surely would have fallen short of balancing the sheer quantity of creation with their mana. Still, the existence of balance was hardly enough to warrant severing preexisting bonds. There had to be something else involved, and... indeed, it may have been just as Anos figured. "Still nothing of a specific answer? I may have an idea. Maybe I will celebrate our union with a tour of lost possibilities. I'm sure Anu would enjoy a few good dreams before I go to ruin them. Besides, I can't go abandoning the version of you I first engaged myself to~"

There were few things Anos was not privy to in the world. Among them, one was the specific reason for the first great flood that reset all humanity. It seemed Enlil as they came to be called had entered quite the interesting phase after falling for a Destroyer. "Hahaha!" Anos bellowed. "I didn't know about that one. I assumed the flood was something Kishar considered a necessary recycling of mortals. That's the influence of my kind," he asserted. Kishar had always been a volatile soul with all of their attempts at balance. Perfect harmony was a must, as the scales would tip heavily with the slightest differential applied. That was precisely the sort of thing Anos could never have dealt with. How Anshar ever managed was beyond him. . .

The strange creature was taken up by Sin, even while it continued to stare down Anos. The Demon King felt neither discomfort nor satisfaction, but instead a sense of interest. Why did this new life seem attached to him? Was it simply a leftover from Sin's attachment? If that were the case, he would expect it to have strange hearts in its eyes... though that would make it something of a problem to deal with. He certainly wouldn't have decided to mate with some random beast; he wasn't Anu or anything. When Sin wondered what the creature should be called, Anos' lips parted. A brief moment of hesitation occurred, and then...

"Sukuna." The word Anos spoke was not his suggestion for the creature's name, but instead acknowledgement of another individual. Ahead of them was soon one of the most powerful inhabitants of the Void. A male torso with two obscured faces attached to it, four phantom arms and a smoky trail in place of legs appeared. "Yo," the entity spoke, having taken a phrase of greeting from a few mortals he managed to touch over the eons. "What's all this? I was minding my own business, and suddenly, there's light? New things don't normally happen here."

Balance was a thing to be sought after. A bit of competitive spirit existed in the young Ki, and she might have had it in her head to try her best against an existence like that of the Prime Destroyer. That aside, she'd never heard a bad word uttered about him, making him something of an enigmatic existence and one she fawned over in her youth. All of that aside the idea of him visiting with younger versions of herself was embarrassing for various reasons. "I find that to be about the same level of embarrassing that you claim stories of you were..." she stated. "Though I wouldn't deny younger versions of myself the chance to meet you. I imagine those versions of myself would be a bit more awkward," she said seeming the slightest bit sheepish. "I also did not see you in any of my previous visions. That likely contributes to ease of transition in the case of my other self~" she stated plainly. Oh well, she wouldn't stop him from finding out about her younger more endearing selves, and the likely star-struck fanaticism he'd be met with if a young Ki were something he encountered in his travels.

Moving on, the great flood of man was one which Anos wasn't privy to the details of. It seemed he had a pretty good laugh and a valid explanation for the temperamental shift of the former Kishar given the information he'd been provided. "Oh? I suppose that does make a bit more sense than anything else. I figured they were just going through a particularly moody phase," she summarized. But a bit of Void influence to the nature deity and the loss of the one they'd taken most interest in, and suddenly the pieces of a millennia old puzzle, fit together perfectly.

What also fit together perfectly? The destruction and creation carried on by this particular pair of individuals. So much so, she was now inspecting a small creature aiming to think of a name for it, enamored though it was with her new husband. Surely enough, it wasn't a romantic interest this little creation possessed but more like... hm was there a word to describe it? She wasn't really sure, the only thing she was certain of was the need for a name, so much so, that she'd not taken her eyes off the little thing for quite a few seconds, enough that the approach of another went initially uncared for by her, until a name was offered which did not fit at all anything she might have been thinking for the gemstone creature running about in their new lands. "I do not think that name fits such a cute creature..." she mused only to look up at Anos and then following the trails of his eyes set sight upon someone who answered to that particular name. Though mostly enshrouded there was a certain clarity which came with Sin laying her eyes upon this individual which made her brow raise gently. Those lit slit pupils of hers seemed to expand gently as of if to widen her field of view. "Oh, that's his name... fair enough. It would have been a shame to vote against every name you came up with~" she mused seeming not to care too much one way or another for this new appearance of an individual though there was a certain interest which lay in something she could see not physically about this being but in his future. His demeanor was a bit off putting but... she was sure there were a few who would tolerate it. "The new things and the light were my doing," she admitted without the slightest bit of shame.

One thing was certain above all others after the current discussion. If nothing else, Anos would definitely be visiting a few possible pasts on a grand tour of discovery. After all, Ki had obviously heard an infinite number of tales about him; it was time he learned a bit more about her as well. The time for his trip would come eventually, but now remained a time of togetherness in the wake of their union. "That all only sounds more interesting. Maybe tomorrow, I'll take a trip," he said in reference to an earlier bit of jest between them. Immediately after speaking however, he thought of the light-providing trees outside his castle. "Oh. Tomorrow has become real here, hasn't it? Maybe next week then," he corrected.

Anos hadn't been expecting interruptions so very soon, but the amount of creation that occurred so recently would stir any onlooker into action. This one, Sukuna, was also no ordinary onlooker. It went without saying that a great interest had been sparked in the half-manifested male, especially when realizing an actual Creator was in their midst. No... that wasn't quite right, was it? The woman who took credit for this creation felt so similar to Anos, could she truly be called a Creator, if she ever was? Anos would be clearing things up a bit before any further questioning. "As she said. This is Sin, my new bride and Queen of the Void to my status as king. You would know her as the Creator Ki," Anos explained. Well, that answered one question of Sukuna's, and technically another as well. Alas, this sudden mention of kings and queens was news to him. "King? Queen? Don't those wear crowns?" asked Sukuna. "Ah... right. Delsgade's treasury is around here somewhere. We'll find it soon enough,"" Anos answered.

Ever curious, Sukuna floated around this strange woman. He recalled the name Ki from old tales; she was a relic from Anos' time, and technically a member of Sukuna's own generation. The more he moved around her, the more he got a feel for what had been occurring in the Void so recently. "Hoho! You two have been busy. So, you found a Creator that you wouldn't wipe from existence during the transfer? I didn't think they still had those," Sukuna commented. On his obscured faces, a total of four eyes had become visible in total. There was also a mouth visible on one face, though not exactly where mouths were meant to be. However this one came together, it was going to be somewhat strange. Either way, Anos answered. "It took little effort. Their Sources are sleeping. All I had to do was wake it up," he explained. This news seemed to Excite Sukuna. He knew there were many of those Celestials with the blood of creation flowing through them, and he knew just the type of fun that could be had if one could survive encountering a demon like himself. What did he have to say when coming to this realization, though? Simply...

"I want one!" A decision was made. Sukuna had a clear desire to visit the mortal plane, but there was one thing keeping him from it. Unlike Anos, not all demons/Destroyers could simply do as they pleased, even if others, like Sukuna, were weaker. "Sukuna, Demon Lord of Obscenity. I will confer with the queen. Shall we allow the embodiment of curses to enter the material plane during this cycle?" As he spoke, Anos manifested a single severed finger, gray in color with a long, sharp nail. He trusted Sin's senses had adjusted to the Void enough by now that she would feel a direct connection between that finger and Sukuna, and indeed, it held a portion of his total power. "Most of these are in the material world now. Of twenty, myself and Kiara held two in case this one could ever be allowed a return. It was once a decision left to either of us, but Kiara has gone to the material world, and you are the queen now. I'll take your opinion."

It seemed that Sin's words had not at all discouraged Anos curiosity. She was in for a rather embarrassing bit of teasing later, she could feel it in her bones. Oh well, what was a bit of teasing between happily married spouses. Perhaps, he'd get to know what she'd been like when she was considerably less able to hold back the strength of her emotions. Regardless of that there was a mention of the now moving aspect of time. "Hm, I suppose in introducing light I did make time as an aftereffect. A week, a month... it isn't like the past or different possibilities are going anywhere... take your time, it will give the the opportunity to steel my dignity while sighing at my younger self~" she teased even at her own expense. She was sure she wouldn't really be mad at herself, nor would she really be offended given her younger self was the reason her current self existed, even if she found her enthusiasm a bit off-putting as she was currently.

Moving on, it seemed Sin's explanation of the creation around this place would leave more questions in the mind of the new male. Ones that Anos cleared up all on his own. This would lead to an interestingly childish exchange about the necessity of crowns for kings and queens, and Anos claiming to not know where the treasury of his castle was anymore, "I know where it is, I could put up a diagram for you~" she said of the missing room. She imagined when she'd pulled the castle together, he'd lost track of quite a few things, but none of them had been destroyed, just moved to more suitable places.

Still the curiosity of this newer male was something that Sin could sense, dancing along her skin. It wouldn't be long before he realized exactly how all of this came to be, and he seemed to be quite incredulous about it. "How very direct," she mused. Apparently, the idea of finding a creator to match the quality of the destroyer was something quite unheard of in the current cycle of life. Sin knew such things to have existed long before now, and Anos explained about the difference between cores and sources to the young lad before him. Apparently all of this new information would amount to a single idea, he wanted one, a creator for himself. How childish and a bit cute. Sin could do nothing but giggle at the exclamation. He seemed apt to enough to wake himself a celestial and keep her for whatever that meant for the lad, but what did it mean. Sin found herself gazing at this young man as her pupils widened to accomodate all she could see around him and his immediate future. She'd be watching that as Anos produced a single finger and shared words with her.

He'd apparently be conversing with her about releasing Sukuna as he was called upon the world. Sin had seen this sort of energy even while she was still Ki and she'd seen it connected directly to one of her less than appreciable creations. Still her eyes didn't really move from Sukuna, what sort of decisions would he be making once he was on the world and what kind of life would it lead to. She saw something very interesting while she gazed upon him and decided her opinion in a singular moment. "His particular kind of curse has already started plaguing the world, attached to a lesser spirit," she said speaking of a certain forced halfling. "I do not see issue with him going to find what he seeks in the material world. There are a few Celestials who could potentially take such a plunge, though a certain discerning eye would be necessary to find someone suitably matched to Obscenity~" ah, what an interesting thing to say, accompanied by a smile that would have been frightening if delivered to anything other than a demon. It came with a certain presence as if she stood above watching his movements, like predator to prey. What exactly did she just see? Well... it didn't really matter. "I do not foresee my mother's sister disliking this idea either," she stated. Kiara was an interesting person, from what she knew of her and given what she'd seen of that one in recent times, she was doing the rest of her duty which had been all but abandoned by the man who was supposed to be her proper match. Perhaps, a few wrongs of the world would be righted by the interference of the Void. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Sin knew the location of Delsgade's treasury, as one would expect of she who pieced the castle together. To this information, Anos shook his head while still wearing that ever-present grin. "I don't need a diagram. We're still on a tour of the castle. I wouldn't want to ruin the fun with foreknowledge," he proclaimed. There were many things to see within Delsgade; it boasted the size of a small human kingdom even before being broken apart and eventually expanded upon in recreation. Even if Sin knew the location of everything within, he still intended to meander around the whole castle as a pair.

Sukuna had intentions of his own. As a long-standing demon, he was quite firm in his decisions. He'd decided to join Anos in experiencing a goddess and what they could do when exposed to demonkind. All he needed was one of those fingers to let him manifest once more. Anos had the ability to fork over the finger in his possession, but the king chose to seek his queen's opinion. Sukuna was not patient by nature, but his curiosity about this former Creator had already been piqued; what was a bit more observation? Interestingly enough, it seemed she was the one observing him, and far beyond the ocular sense. When she looked his way, it felt similar, yet different to a certain stare of Anos'. He couldn't quite place the difference, but it felt as if his entire existence had been spread out from his half-formed body into her line of sight. Had he not been the embodiment of Obscenity, perhaps even Sukuna himself would have been unnerved by this observation. Ah, but Sin eventually spoke of his aspect being utilized in the material world. A lesser spirit? Yes, he knew the one─ that feckless arsehat with a fixation on things he only thought he understood. Now, Sukuna had a different purpose in addition to the seeking of goddesses. Sin gave her approval, which left Sukuna with only one thing he needed to know. "I'm going then. What's the limit, Anos?"

Sukuna's question was a peculiar one based on a previous arrangement. If he were ever to be allowed manifestation again, he would be given a limit on the total number of fingers he restored. Exceeding such a number would result in the appearance of Anos, and the immediate culling of Sukuna. So, what limit would Anos give him? The answer started with a smile from Anos himself. "Sin vouched for her children. Have fun."

... Oh? By Anos' words, it was easily assumable that no limit was in place. He possessed twenty total fingers, and he could recover them all if he wished? How... delightful! That strangely-placed mouth slowly trembled while growing into a wide, toothy grin, almost maniacally as it stretched across one face. "... Heh~" he snickered. Anos' grin remained unwavering as a portal opened before him. "You're in luck. Throughout the world's history, your fingers are being placed in different vessels. Most of them seem to be dead, but the balance is found for some of them to be controlled by the halfling. They're already dead either way, so go on and tip the scales." With that said, Anos tossed the finger into that portal. Sukuna, bursting into crazed laughter, hopped after it without hesitation. At some point in the world's timeline, he would emerge in a host body with a rude awakening for some unworthy cur.

It seemed that Sin's knowledge wasn't necessary for their current walk. According to Anos, the foreknowledge would spoil the fun. "As you like, Anos. I am more than willing to explore the old fashioned way~" she mused, as she tickled the small creature still rather calm within her arms. What more was there to do while she inspected this new comer and looked into the futures.

Though Sukuna as he was called, seemed to be beyond the normal level of patience, he was still here and apparently unflinching under her scrutiny. That was also a point or two in his favor. Ah, but when he was about to depart he asked about his limit? Oh? Was there some kind of arrangement about his ability to reassert himself in the world if he was ever allowed to do so? Apparently, and given what Anos had to say he'd been told he could go at it full throttle. According to Anos, Sin vouching for her children was reason enough for the lad to be given free reign over his own bodily autonomy. Oh, that was going to be quite interesting indeed. And then, Sin got to witness the strangest interaction and look of pure glee on the lad's faces.

"Hahahaha-hehe!~" A bit of laughter would escape Sin after Sukuna exited the realm. "He's such a good natured boy. Life is truly going to be interesting~" she mused. This was yet another thing she'd not foreseen before she'd ended up in the Void. Of course, she'd also given up her sight, but maybe, these kind of small surprised were worthwhile to get into. She couldn't help herself it was quite the funny situation. "Now then, we still haven't named this little miss and there is the rest of the exploration to amuse ourselves with," she said holding the small creature up to Anos. Maybe him holding it would help them think of a proper name, besides the creature liked him so, it would be cruel of him not to hold it.

"Good. I think it will be more exciting that way," said Anos, who expected to actively visualize many possible uses for each and every location throughout the castle. Apart from a few entities too powerful to be lost in the Void, few would even be capable of entering Delsgade. They had a massive castle to themselves, so it was only sensible that they mull over various uses for it.

Sukuna left just the way Anos expected him to. Interestingly enough, Sin referred to him as good-natured. Talking like that, she already had the mind of a demon long before being brought into the Void directly. No matter; things quickly returned to the odd creature Sin continued holding against herself. Anos would offer a fleeting statement in regards to Sukuna before committing further thought to that matter. "He'll certainly make life something for someone. I'm sure we'll never hear the end of it whenever he pops up again," he said nonchalantly. As for the unnamed creature, there was a strangeness to its eyes and forehead gem that Anos could only equate to Sin's own eyes. As with many things, there was a word or two in the Void's language that he found fitting. "Crbnki," Anos chanted. It was quite the mouthy word, carrying a variety of meanings from coloration to great fortune. With such a name, the creature itself could be seen as luck incarnate, and a thing of value in its own right. Indirectly though, the name of choice was a simple homage to the Void-Queen.

"I'm sure it will~" she mused. Ah, she'd had sight into the future for only the time since her reawakening, and she still didn't seem to interested in abusing it for her own usage. Here and now she was only sure of the coming good time, because Anos was with her. How very nicely she'd already adjusted to his company. And truly she didn't mind spending an unholy passage of time just the two of them and small creatures. And apparently the others who would eventually be able to come and go as they pleased.

Here and now, Sukuna apparently took his leave to search for his goals. What Anos had to say about the lad made her laugh a little more. "That, is also definitely going to happen. No matter, it will be a great deal of fun~" she mused seeming happy enough to go on their little journey around the castle. The small creature seemed to be one in need of a name and after a bit of consideration, Anos came up with one. It meant many things, as words in the Void often did, but it also seemed to be aimed as a compliment to Sin. "Well isn't that sweet, what an interesting thing to hear, besides that I think it suits her, Crbnki it is~" she chanted as well. And with that name in place for the little creature, she released it from her hold to do whatever it was it wished. She supposed it was time for more exploration, the outside of the castle had been given a large quantity of things, but the castle grounds themselves as well as the now whole castle were also things to be explored. Surely, they could busy themselves with that for a time...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast