Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lahmu Keep

"There's no reason not to believe in everything, right? Here's a fun thought: Everything is real, somewhere. Apply that to anything you want, and I bet you'll have a fun time," he mused. At times, Albertus could sound like something of a conspiracy theorist in this world. That was a title he heard several years prior, which in context helped him overcome the brazen way he pointed out truths about unknown realities. This world couldn't take facts beyond what its people could experience with their own senses, yet a bit of imagination seemed fine to them.

Moving on, Meron refused to believe there was anything that made her especially different from the other female humans of this world. She couldn't have been more wrong in that assertion. Once more, it was time for Albertus to speak what he knew as truth... but share it more as a 'belief' if he could manage it. "Never say that. Everything about you makes you especially different. You could count all the stars in the sky before you could finish listing the differences between one person and another. Trust me; I've counted them myself. But, let's start with the obvious. Physically, you're bound to have an easier time with a bunch of kids than anyone else in this region. I haven't seen anyone like you in a very long time. . ." Albertus' statement trailed off there. He spoke only truth when commenting on Meron's physique, as the last person he saw with those proportions was his own daughter, another Creator from the old world. They were built that way for a reason, yet this human mimicked their structure somehow.

Whatever the cause behind her physique that would have once been considered divine, Meron had few arguments against accompanying him. In fact, she had more to say about the idea that he was a stranger by now. That was fair. "Then c'mon, join your comrade in an adventure! I'm not gonna party by myself all night!" he stated as a matter of fact. Albertus had already begun walking, albeit backwards while facing Meron. One hand was extended in offer as he expertly weaved between other drunkards in the bar, never so much as touching another person's body in doing so. How he managed as much while so heavily intoxicated may have been a wonder of the world, but his eyes never left their target. This Kujaku Meron was going to enjoy her evening just as he did, simply because it was a worthwhile endeavor.

There were more interesting sentences coming from Albertus. Here and now he was speaking about the theoretical existence of everything somewhere. Ah, she'd heard this one before, maybe read one of those quick articles that talked about it in a sense. The idea that anything that happens isn't really new but instead borrowed or shared by all humanity collectively. She smirked at his words and gave it a fair bit of consideration... "You sound like one of those philosophy students who spent too long in the library..." she mused. "I don't mind that though~" she mused. It was nice to have intelligent conversation, even if most of it was just theoretical and meant to distract her from her drowning thoughts. She'd always enjoyed talking to people with different ways of thinking and the truly clever individuals who aren't stuck up always had interesting thoughts to share.

This man was full of interesting claims. His first thoughts were that she was very different and she should never consider herself the way she'd just mentioned. She'd almost assume this man was flirting with her, but it didn't exactly feel like that either. And what was this, he'd counted the stars in the sky? Who had time for such an undertaking? And he made the claim that her physique was one which was unique and made it easier for her to have numerous children. There was that medical reason even so, cultural ones in this area weren't so forgiving. "That sounds strangely like a compliment. Most people around here would just say I was fat..." she stated. Of course, this was Japan petite, short women and equally small men were pretty standard. Anything else was pretty few and far between and being an outlier wasn't always looked upon favorably.

Then she got to witness something most amazing. Albertus began moving, extending a hand to her and commenting about there next adventure. Of course while he did this, he also was busy dodging other drunk people, not even facing the right direction. It was actually quite an amazing sight if she was being honest. Meron had never seen this amount of coordination and never had she been more inclined to simply accept it as one of this man's obviously numerous talents. What would she do though? It wasn't polite to ignore a presence like his, nor was it something she wished to do. Tentatively, she took that hand as she also dodged a few people though with nowhere near the same amount of grace. "I doubt you'd ever actually have to party by yourself. You're quite an infectious individual..." she explained. "Oh and before I forget, how many stars are there in the sky?" she asked. It was a point of curiosity but it'd gotten lost in that previous bit of conversation. She'd willingly follow him to a club after the bar, wondering contently about the things he said and if he'd actually manage to make it given the amount he'd drank already.

Oh, is that what he sounded like? Albertus had heard many things over the years. There were all sorts of ways he'd been addressed, though it was always something strange. In this case, what Meron said was about as normal as he could hope for. "Really? Never been a student before. And I've only ever been to one library, but... it didn't have anything like what I'm telling you. If you don't mind it though, what's it matter?" he mused.

Apparently, this woman would be considered fat by her own people. That part was definitely something area-based; he knew some individuals halfway across the world who would argue that point to the end of everything. "It is a compliment. Where I come from, you could start an endless war looking like that. Maybe several. Don't listen to anyone who doesn't know how to appreciate good stock~" he said, pairing his words with a wink.

With his hand taken, Albertus continued weaving his way through the bar until the open air touched his back. It wouldn't be a far walk to the club he knew of, though he wasn't going to take the whole trip backwards. No, he turned around once they were outside, casually slinging an arm over Meron's shoulder as if they were the best of old pals. In addition to everything else, Albertus was an overtly friendly individual... and apparently one who would never have to party alone, according to Meron. "I might not be alone, but that's not the same as not being by myself. If I show up alone and leave alone, does it count at all?" he wondered aloud. Ah, but there was one more thing to be addressed as they walked down the street. Albertus looked up into the still-darkening sky, where the brightest of stars were visible even with the pollution of unnatural light. "On the best night without any interference, there are 9,096 stars close and bright enough for humans to see. That's how many you can look at from across this whole world, both sides included. That's the recent number. It's not how I remember it though... I remember so many more from a long, long time ago. . ."

According to Albertus he'd never been a student and had only ever been in one library. Was he one of those previous generation homeschooled types, learning only what interested him. Free range, she thought the westerners called it. Whatever the case she supposed it didn't really matter much, it was just an interesting thing to consider. "I suppose it doesn't really matter much, you're a pretty friendly guy though..." she said with a smile.

And now they were on the move, and he was addressing the thoughts about her body type and understanding of her place in the world. His staements made the woman with him look both aghast and flattered. The idea of any war being fought over her, was both flattering and horrifying. Still, he meant his words as a compliment and came with a solidly affirming message. Ignore those who couldn't appreciate her. "Also a bit of a life coach," she said of his personality. "Also, I wouldn't want any wars being fought over me. But it is kind of nice, in an odd way..." she said thoughtfully. It was strange being the kind of person she was. Everything about her life so far made her feel quite low, but she'd felt better hanging around this man in the last few hours than she had in the last year, easily.

Ah and now that they were outside, he'd turned around slinging an arm over her shoulder in an overtly friendly manner. How strange, were all foreigners so free with their personal sphere. Ah, but once more she didn't really mind it. He claimed not being alone and not being by oneself. "Ah, I am not sure. I understand wanting friends but not necessarily a crowd. That's pretty reasonable," she said her understanding of his sentence. Beyond that though there was the matter of the stars in the sky. She could just barely see them and it was something rather interesting long term. According to Albertus there was an exact number and he remembered a time where they were even more. "Hm, a long long time ago? Like before all the big cities gained so many lights?" this was a rather innocent understanding of the man. Obviously she jumped to no strange conclusions or anything. He just seemed like a man who understood his own nostalgia.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," Albertus said about his apparent friendliness. He had indeed heard something along those lines numerous times over the past decade, at least. It always seemed to be something worth embracing, so he never even thought to change a thing. Even now, he was well beyond comfortable walking the streets of Japan with his arm around some semi-random woman. He hadn't a clue why there were pedestrians looking strangely, but he also hadn't a clue that public displays of affection were not looked upon favorably in some areas of the world. None of that mattered to Albertus anyway.

Meron was bothered by something, namely the idea of wars being fought over her appearance alone. When he thought back on a few things, he was quite sure there were some Neptunians who would wage war against all of Earth for her in particular. In thinking it was something negative, Meron also expressed that it was somehow nice. He supposed he understood that as well. "Flattering, yet terrifying? That's about what I'd expect," he assured.

The last time Albertus saw a greater number of stars was a long, long... long time ago. Back then, this version of the world and its magic-leaning copy didn't exist. The visible stars numbered in the millions, but the world itself was much larger as well. In a technical sense, Meron was right when assuming his meaning. It was before big cities gained so many lights. It was before... well, before there were even cities. "Something like that. Where I used to live, these unnatural lights at night weren't an issue. The moon and stars were light enough back then. There were also just more stars, but when isn't that the case?"

An overly friendly man walked with an arm slung over her shoulder in a society that didn't appreciate public displays of affection. The only people allowed to hold hands were adults with children and only when they were truly young... Japanese society on the whole was openly joyless and hardworking. It was likely quite the culture shock, and even though it undoubtedly got them some stray stares, she couldn't discourage the man at all. Why break a friendly person's spirit. And it was quite obvious to her that he meant nothing offensive by the actions. She was beginning to wonder if it wasn't society that had this whole thing wrong. Moving on from that, her ideations about wars being fought over her was unceremoniously summed up. "Flattering, yet terrifying is pretty accurate. I am glad to know it is normal to feel that way~" she mused gently.

Still they were headed to a night club and she was going to continue to party and hang out with her new friend. Strange, she definitely could have used this sort of friendship earlier but had no problem accepting it now. He was quite good at pulling her out of her own head, regardless of the topics they were discussing. Apparently her understanding of his conversation about stars was close enough to what he meant. He once lived somewhere that unnatural light wasn't an issue, and there had just been more stars. Well, she'd read an article during a workout about how stars were constantly in a cycle of creation, death, and rebirth. She supposed that made sense. "Well, things are always supposed to be changing so it's probably always the case. Still, stars are nice, they are fun to watch when they can be seen..." she shared her own thoughts happily. "Though if the nostalgia of it gets you... you should make sure to get back there eventually and see it again," she stated. Visiting home was always important, she knew this to be the truth of the matter even when she was drowning in her own. But it was probably just as important not to get stuck there either; that was what they'd been discussing this whole time.

Within their odd conversation about stars and change, Meron presented an interesting notion. If he enjoyed his old home so much, why would he not return? Well... he couldn't exactly do that, but he could do something close. This world was so far from the original, he couldn't even compare the two. That other one in his dreams was much, much closer. It did not contain everything, but it was magical and... very homelike. He couldn't just hop over there, though. What he could do, was continue progressing to create that video game in its image. He could enjoy the other world that way, and so could everyone else stuck over here. "It's not that simple. My old home's gone now─ poof, kaput! The closest I can get to going home is a video game I'm trying to make."

On and on they went, shirking the judgmental glances of onlookers while progressing toward the sound of music. There was another place more like the home he spoke of, and perhaps he could reach that location. Alas, it couldn't be done just yet by any means; another was required. As they approached a long line to enter the nightclub, Albertus considered any desire he had to switch worlds even temporarily. "I wouldn't mind the next-best thing. I know about a place that's almost my old home. It's where my kids went to live. But, I can't go there by myself. If I went, I'd have to take someone with me." Whatever this statement of Albertus' meant, he was once again looking in Meron's direction with a strange glint in his eye. "You should visit too. You'd fit right in. Might as well come with me when I go, yeah?"

Apparently, visiting his old home was no simple matter. According to Albertus the place he'd grown up had since disappeared. That did happen, ghost towns, urban landscaping even wildfires. "Aw, it's sad that your home is gone," she said of that, she was truly sympathetic. "But its nice you've thought of a way to recapture its wonder. Video games are interesting in concept. You definitely came to the right place if you're trying to learn more about their development," she said of the area they were currently in. "I've never really had time for games, but my oldest enjoyed them enough that I played a few. I wouldn't mind seeing one touched by your creativity~" she mused. Tokyo and its surrounding prefectures were full of life and young people. They were also full of modern advancements and technological companies who had a hand in everything from medicine to vehicles to entertainment. Even regular entertainment like nightclubs were plentiful in this area.

According to this man he wouldn't mind seeing the next best thing to his previous home. His children apparently lived in the place but he claimed he couldn't go alone. He looked at her strangely only to invite her along on this mythical future visit to such a place. "Oh? I haven't done much traveling, so I wouldn't mind seeing something new..." she mused. "If you figure it out... I'd visit if you'd like. As long as it wouldn't be an inconvenience or anything," she stated with a certain bit of surety. As they walked towards the sounds of music, the glares and weird stares seemed to die down. Nightclubs had a different sort of vibe to the regular society and the area surrounding them were full of young people with less judgmental stares to offer.

Little did Meron know, it wasn't sad at all that his home was gone. Either Albertus lost his home, or everyone on Earth lost theirs. This way was far superior as an option. "I don't think it's sad at all. There are so many great places in the world to see, I prefer it this way. If you ask me, part of grieving loss should be letting yourself be excited by all the new options that become available," he explained. Albertus' original world was long gone... but now there were two worlds to explore and enjoy. Even if he couldn't currently make it to the second world, he could at least experience it in an imaginary sense. "That's exactly what I'm here for. I came to learn, and I did that part already. I'll start working on the company once I'm back home. First, I gotta see how stellar the parties really get down here. You help me see that, I'll help you see the game world I dreamed up," he said, winking again.

Apparently, this woman didn't mind the idea of new sights and experiences. Provided it was no inconvenience, she'd visit the place his children resided. Ah, she couldn't know what she was truly agreeing to, but Albertus was certain she'd fit into the magical version of Earth more than perfectly. "It wouldn't be an inconvenience. I told you, I know some guys who'd go to war over you. But, based on what I've seen since coming here, you probably wouldn't want to leave once you got there. That alright?" the man asked.

Moments later, they were encroaching upon the front of the queue. There were a few signs Albertus found himself looking at, including entry fees and the like. One particular thing caught his eye. Being the more experienced club-goer of the pair, perhaps Meron had an answer to his new curiosity. "What's a VIP table?"

Albertus had a very unique outlook on life. He claimed it wasn't sad that his home was gone and that he thought it part of grieving to become excited by the possibilities of new things that came after the end of a particular thing. That was some good advice, actually Meron herself could have used that advice at the end of her marriage. And she was technically getting it now so she'd keep it in mind. "That is a very insightful thing to say. It seems like it would be a bit difficult but I appreciate it as a sentiment," she explained of her own understanding. Still, this man was rather amazing. Every time he spoke he said something she found profound or new in such a way that she felt almost inclined to steep herself in more of the things he had to say. She'd long since figured out she could spend hours picking this man's brain and find something insightful from even the most mundane of his statements. Moving on from that topic, it seemed he'd indeed come here to learn about the 'gaming' industry and now that he had the information he'd be heading back home to start up his own company. How very entreprenurial. Of course, she had faith he'd not become some cut-throat businessman who never truly knew what to do with what he accomplished. Given his goal she could easily see him being a very interesting head of a company. "I don't know how much help I can be. I've not really seen much of parties in a while myself, but... I'll do my best!" she said with a certain confidence.

He claimed that if she went along with his plans and visited the place his children resided she might not ever want to leave. How interesting. She wouldn't actually mind such a thing, something new, getting out of the same kinds of places she'd always been seemed to be quite exciting. "I don't think I'd mind that. I'm trying to see things as new opportunities now~" she said in a manner that was somewhat teasing. Of course, they could converse like this for the duration, but there was still this actual nightclub and they were approaching the front of the line. A question was posed and it made her brow raise slightly but she did technically have an answer. "Very Important Person... is what a VIP is and their tables are places they can sit down inside the club. They usually come with bottle service, a nice view and a comfortable place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. If you find yourself into that sort of thing. The tables themselves are usually kind of expensive, since you basically pay by the seat, but... parties of people tend to enjoy them."

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast