Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Munetsuchi

Ailen was stopped from talking by Anais's convergence of thoughts. Of course, he went on to explain his point about undergarments. Apparently, he completely understood what a bra was but didn't understand shopping. He could agree to it however if it was to get pieces that matched the underwear she wore. Ah, well that made sense she supposed, "Huh? It's a magical thing isn't it. I haven't actually heard anyone complaining about stiff shoulders or anything," she mused. Ah, but Ailen had said more than just that he'd agree with the decision for shopping if it was for matching pieces. 'Yosh! He likes it!~' she yelled internally. Oh, something else though, "Shishou, they'd have to match. I'd probably be annoyed by them otherwise. Material matching is also good for general purposes... so probably still going shopping," she stated. Yes, she'd definitely be getting bras to match her underwear if only because there were some strange potentials in her future. Ah, whatever the case was... they were now back to their potion making. She'd moved along with him and found herself looking at the table. Dry Ingredients were in a mortar, there was a small amount of Chromus Slime and other such liquids. "The Basilisk Chitin isn't in either of these things..." she said looking at the table for a bit longer. Was there anything she'd add? Her eyes closed for just a second and her ears seemed to twitch just a little she opened her eyes and pointed to small almost juniper like berries. "Sopophorous Beans... you could use a bit of that," she said giving it a bit more thought in looking at that particular ingredient card in her head. "Hm, just the juice though... would calm wayward thoughts like putting someone to sleep, but getting enough juice out of them would be hard since they are bouncy when poked. Crushed? Like Garlic... that might work," she said seeming to have thought it through to some extent.

Meanwhile, there was a conversation happening between Sakura and Charles. She was explaining the way her magic worked and Charles seemed to think it was uncool that she couldn't just use it. The extent of his understanding of his ability was low, but that didn't matter much considering what his magic actually was. The misunderstood 5th Imaginary Element was subsequently named 'Hollow' and when it was the shadow beneath her feet shifted just a bit flattening before it seemed to grow again. Sakura observed this with wide eyes. "Sugoi! Status." she mused, she pulled up that vision in front of herself and saw the changes to her status caused by this lad's singular set of words. Not saying much else, but she listened to something she'd not known. Charles wanted to help someone else out, the first victim of Father An's problematic nature. "Oh? Do you know where they are?" she asked seeming to be fine with the idea of helping someone as a matter of sheer adventure.

Whatever Anais thought about the functionality of women's breasts, Ailen hadn't a clue. She had something to say about shoulder stiffness and the like, which he also never heard as a complaint from any woman... unless said woman had an annoying set of armor, or something of the sort. "I'm not sure how that would relate. If you have the time later, please explain," he said as they moved toward the workshop. If Anais intended to shop for clothing articles, he knew a few excellent places to recommend ─ assuming they remained operational in the land of elves. She'd probably have no interest in that, though. What she did have a clear interest in, was the potion she meant to help with. Anais arrived at the workbench to mention Basilisk Chitin being missing. "Basilisk Breath. You may be thinking of Chromus Chitin," he corrected. As for her recommendation, she suggested Sopophorous Bean juice, which was a very powerful ingredient in its own right. "Hmm. Even the juice alone causes a loss of memory when drank directly. If mixed directly into the Chromus Slime though, it could be used to enhance cognitive functions including memory. In the right amount, it could indeed calm those wayward thoughts you mention by creating a point of... hyper-fixation, perhaps? Though that may depend on one's most potent thoughts after drinking the final product," he rambled. "It is worth a try. I last used Sopophorous Bean juice in the Draught of Living Death, but it has been decades since I last experimented with it. Would you like the honors?"

After sharing his opinion, Charlemagne heard an excited utterance from Sakura. He didn't know why, but she immediately viewed her own status while that shadow behaved somewhat strangely. Why was she doing that? Maybe she had an idea of some sort about how to use her powers. Completely unaware of his own influence, Charlemagne moved on without issue. He had a desire to right the wrongs done to Jeanne d'Arc. Sakura wondered if he knew where his target was. Though he hadn't a clue, he did know where to start the search. "It's been a long time. Assuming she's reincarnated already, I at least know where I can go to be pointed in the right direction. Though... with what I know now, I don't expect the warmest welcome from some people. Are you still interested in coming along?"

Ah, there were several things which didn't make sense to Ailen. He didn't get the relation between wearing bras and shoulder stiffness. In his saying of this sentence Anais realized there was something she should likely confess to, and that was being from the non-magical world. If she was being honest, a relationship of trust shouldn't include such a large secrets, besides all of that he already had 'forbidden' knowledge in his memory. Though she didn't know the full potentials of sharing such things, she figured it would help her prefacing certain things if he understood the basics of it. "Hai... that will take a bit of a long explanation though I might have a confession to make," she stated. Ah, whatever the case, it seemed she'd confused two names while speaking. She gave it a moment of extra thought and confirmed the things she'd mixed up in her head. She'd been corrected about it, but that didn't seem to discourage her. "Hm, I did. Why did I do that..." she wondered. They were definitely listed in her head the right way... perhaps it was an aftereffect of her random thoughts? Or maybe... she thought about it a little longer and realized when thinking that his tongue had been really far down her throat in the moment she'd absorbed that information. The sensation alone had distracted her quite a bit so that one had settled a bit weirdly when she'd reached for it in her mind. Perhaps it would be best if she checked on such things in her mind better. Beyond that there was the extra. Apparently her suggestion wasn't a bad one overall... instead it was simply something that Ailen hadn't experimented with in quite some time. He thought in the right doses it might have the effect of enhancing a memory and quieting internal voices but by giving them a fixation. "Hm, hyper-fixation might be a bit weird for me, but... memory enhancement doesn't sound like a bad potential. I'll do it, but about how much should I add?" she asked for advice by virtue of not wanting her internal monologue to potentially become her only monologue. Regardless, she found herself using a small knife on this table to crush one of the beans she'd removed inside of a small container which could be used to collect a reasonable amount of juice which seemed like it should be measured in drops.

At the same time, Sakura was coming to realize exactly how powerful someone like Charles was. He'd likely need a great deal of explanation to avoid changing things too much for other people. Or maybe to make sure he did it strictly as a matter of purpose. She'd bring that up shortly, or figure out a way to, right at the moment Charles spoke of finding a person who'd reincarnated and not receiving a warm welcome. "Of course, I'm interested in going where you're going," Sakura mentioned seemingly pleased. "Whether or not you get a good reception when you arrive, I should probably go along anyway, since you left me in charge of your emotional well-being," she said sounding like a person with a very real responsibility and sense of care. Beyond that there were other things to talk about in addition to that. "Before that though... I think you unconsciously used your power and gave my imaginary element a place in this world... arigatou gouzaimasu," she said pointing to her own status. She said that as if it wasn't surprising but she always seemed to be the type to say whatever. A little experimentation was pretty normal in life.

A confession? There were very few reasons Anais could have to say something like that. Combined with the alleged long explanation of breast-related shoulder ailments, and considering a few of the strange things he learned from Anais's subconscious, he could make a few inferences. "Hmm. I see," he said, seeming to simply accept the fact that she had some deep secret to share. More imperative was the work at hand, starting with the correction of a small mistake. Anais wondered why she mixed those different things up, but Ailen didn't appear too bothered about it. "It is only natural. You took in a lot of information even for someone used to that form of transfer. As I said before, many things are likely to go missing. A little mix-up or two is certainly nothing to worry about," he assured. The reason in Anais's head would remain a mystery to the elf, for better or for worse. Either way, he seemed primarily concerned with the new ingredients being suggested. How much should Anais be adding after successfully juicing that bean? He didn't know for sure, though he had a few ideas. "Given the amount of Chromus Slime we have, let's see... one drop may have every effect reversed. Two may be ideal, as I fear three could accidentally create a nigh-omnipotent short-term memory while sacrificing long-term retention. Of course, that is only a theory. What do you think?" he wondered.

Charlemagne knew Sakura likely still intended to join the journey ahead; however, he did not expect the exact response she gave. According to the young goddess, she was interested in going wherever he did. It was strange how easily she was willing to abandon the life she knew for a random adventure. Of course, Charlemagne had once been in the same situation, making the same choice... and he was far more than a few months old. There Sakura was, a relative infant who rocketed her way into physical and mental maturity, taking on the responsibility of his mental wellness. Taking a major role in the adventure as well was more than anyone could ask of her, but she'd do it anyway. "That's really cool of you. Thanks," said Charlemagne, who didn't even know what more could be said in response. He had half a mind to enter mental overload again, though it would take a lot more to accomplish that at this point. Well... that wasn't really true. Sakura pointed out her status, claiming he unconsciously made it possible for her power to work. What? He thought she was doing that herself! "I did what with whose what now?! Wait wait wait, what makes you think I could do that? Is that Order? Are you telling me I can make an accidental law of reality with an opinion?! I don't want that!"

Giving information to clever people was a bit of a problem. Anais realized what she said could have been taken in several different directions, but also knew her mentor wouldn't think oddly of her for saying things the way she did. She'd become quite certain of his goodness as an individual since meeting him. Meanwhile, her own brain was making her question her goodness as a person at every turn. Whatever the case, she was able to abandon thoughts of her otherworld upbringing and explanations for a few moments while she worked. According to Ailen, she had nothing to worry about over a little mix up or two of words, given she'd taken in so much information. It wasn't unusual for things to go missing. "I suppose that is pretty true, it was a lot..." she mused thinking back all the information about this collection of materials running through her head. Even so, she trusted herself to figure out ways to keep all this information straight within her mind. Still there was the matter of bean juice and its potential effectiveness. "Can't go too few for obvious reasons," she reasoned. "Two might be best for safety reasons..." she gave it a bit more consideration. "Three might have a draw back, but it would mostly depend on how someone reacts individually to stimuli they are already dealing with," she said. "If you are already a bit overworked the third might bring your fast moving thoughts into focus for you... or rather speed up your memory formation to accept the faster moving thought process. I suppose the three would require the addition of something else make that work..." she said. Actually that sounded a bit more like what she was dealing with... she considered with that information that it might be more like studying for a test with a little amount of time to work with. You have to find a way to trigger your own memory recall, but if you can manage it... you will know what you need to. If the speed of your thoughts and the speed of your memory formation were the same... it might not cost anything extra to make it work.

Meanwhile, Sakura and Charles were coming to some kind of agreement. She expressed her desire to stick with the lad through his adventures, even when he might not be welcomed and he in turn thanked her for being cool? "I don't know what I've done that might be cool, nor do I know why I am being thanked. But I will accept it as one of those things I might understand later..." she stated seeming to not really understand what she'd done fully. She was always acting on her own understanding and doing whatever she felt most right. Currently within that dark circle she found the movements of the shadows to be something she could control more finitely than before with the addition of Charles's naming and power. Strangely the lad seemed to be a bit frightened of the power he possessed. She'd explained what he'd done, she was very certain it was him... "You named the power and made it fit. Of this I am certain," she said giving thought to the rest. "I am certain order can be considered like rules from everything said about it," she said. "Kaa-sama might be able to explain it a bit better, you might not have full control over reality but it seems you are at least capable of making changes to things. It should probably be considered true magic, so it doesn't have to work within the logic of the world," she concluded.

"Indeed. Most exchanges would only be a day of information, a session of personal study, or perhaps a few weeks or months in some cases. What you took in that first session was closer to a human lifetime," Ailen explained. He had much information to share, from his own learnings to those of his predecessors. Some corners had to be cut in the end. To his satisfaction, Anais quickly proved her ability to take those larger deposits of knowledge. She even showed herself capable of regurgitating a decent amount here in practice, going so far as to hypothesize the potential good of three bean juice drops in the potion. "If you don't intend to drink it, either should make a functional potion. If you do still want to drink it, well... any unwanted side-effects are easily taken care of. Actually, as a calming potion at its base, you should be able to put only the necessary amount of liquid into it. The worst that would come of it with less of the binding agent included would be... hmm. I'd say the muscle relaxant would be a bit closer to paralysis. Alternatively, you could add the Basilisk Breath along with that juice to find the perfect balance early. Your options are plentiful. Much of alchemy is the order by which you do things. You may have fun experimenting with the same ingredients in different orders one day; it is amazing what one can find out."

Charlemagne had only recently stabilized himself, only to suffer an immediate dump of information he didn't want. What was someone like him supposed to do with the power to establish rules? Well, rules were one thing, but rules of reality were a very different monster to tackle. He could name people and things all day with no complaints other than the mana cost of doing so. Naming conceptual powers that didn't exist was ridiculous. On the other hand, it was pretty cool having a way to make impossible things possible. "Ugh! I need to at least find out how I can not accidentally do stuff like that. Do you know how many random opinions I speak on a regular basis? Nobody should... wait, no. I'm not going to say that. I don't know what will make another thing happen. I'm really gonna need your mom to help out on this one," he said, trying to be very careful about everything spoken.

And so, Charlemagne began a desperate grasp at clothing to situate himself before moving on. One strange issue he found in doing so was a prominent erection that he still barely understood. That thing had no reason to exist; he wasn't even thinking about sex! Ah, but it was doing enough thinking for both of them. Charlemagne was struggling his way through the simple act of donning pants past that monstrous thing, and it was probably for the best that he was being held up. Why? Well, the goddess he sought was still being made busy. Had he been able to depart immediately, he would have first met the sound of clapping, or even slamming... followed by the visual of Miwa dangling backwards over the throne, clothes torn apart and legs pushed toward the floor as Mugen continued having his way from a squatted position above. It also probably wouldn't have helped his mental stability to take note of the sea of white that had leaked out into a multitude of splotches and puddles, whether around the throne or on the involved parties. . .

Ailen stated that her normal study wouldn't have been as intense as her most recent session. A personal study day, or even just a few weeks or months worth of information. What she'd taken in during her first go was the entirety of a human lifetime. "Oh? That's a lot more than I can outwardly rationalize. I won't take it too easy, but I feel like that's at least a little justification for getting a few words mixed-up in my head..." she mused just a little. As they moved on the matter of her potion. Apparently, if she wasn't going to drink it, it'd make a pretty decent potion regardless. Apparently another thing to consider would be the order of adding ingredients, according to her mentor, doing so in a specific order might change the effects or effectiveness of the potion. His thoughts about this one was adding Basilisk's Breath and the bean juice at the same time to find their balance and avoid the particular negative drawbacks of the potion. "Sou ka, I can work with that..." she said. Ah, so how would she do it? Well, the Chromus slime would have added to it in alternating drops, Basilisk's Breath and Sopophorous Bean Juice. She'd gently stir after each dropped addition until her ears reacted to an almost inaudible chime. Yes, that would be about right. Afterwards the liquid ingredients would be added to the dry until the proper consistency was reached. She had that information in her head too. Once she was done, a singular vial of liquid remained. "Hm, I don't think I need to drink it for the sake of calming myself, but I think it'd like to keep it just the same... how did I do, Shishou?" the girl asked. She'd taken a bit of liberty to do this thing, but she wasn't upset in seeing it become something.

Charles on the other hand was having a very bad reaction to being able to use his own power. Sakura looked at the lad as he rushed about aiming to get dressed and griping over how often he might accidentally name something or change a rule based on his ability to rename conceptual things. She gave it a bit of consideration. "It is odd to me. I think the way I am having been this way my whole life so far, if I discovered I could do something so interesting I'd be excited about it," she said thoughtfully. "But I do understand this seems to fall outside of your normal understanding of yourself, Kaa-sama would be able to help..." she gave as a comforting notion. "Though... given your general aversion to sexual things you might want to prepare yourself. As a person who isn't used to that sort of thing, she's probably with Chichiue so they are probably doing something you may find startling," she gave that warning as the person responsible for his emotional status. "Not to worry though, she'd still be able to answer your questions," she said as she watched him struggle with his pants. "If you think actively about not wanting to make any more offerings... it should return to its more flexible state. That is mostly observational information but it seems to work," she offered a bit of physical guidance.

Meanwhile, Miwa had been... folded. This time she was dangling with blood rushing to her brain and spilt mana all around her person. Such an offering was always overwhelming but it was also the sort of thing she'd never turned down. Even now with her feet dangling near her head and her clothing ripped to literal shreds she seemed to be enjoying herself rather thoroughly. Just the same she couldn't even formulate a single sentence, her mind had all but been completely fragmented. Ah, that was fine too though... even wisdom needed a bit of a reset every now and again. And that constant slapping was being met by her body's natural reaction to tightened and hold and inflate. In fact her form had gained quite a bit of thickness as she'd been unable to fully shape herself at this moment, she was looking quite a bit closer to goddess normal.

"More than a little, I'd say," Ailen added. With his vast array of knowledge, his apprentice was expected to be capable of retaining as much. Most of his important lectures would be as thorough as what Anais already received, if not far more in-depth. All those elves seeking an apprenticeship with him had no idea the difference in his knowledge, and what they would have been expecting. Perhaps some would have suffered mental shutdown if he had actually taught them even a single thing.

Anais, however, was excelling just as she needed to. Drop by drop, she concocted the liquid portion of the special calming potion until she was satisfied enough to finish the whole process. There was no explosion, no fizzle, but also no notable loss of vibrancy to the ingredients once mixed. She wanted an opinion on how she did? Ailen didn't even need to appraise it magically to know it would function as intended, though he did have a more detailed look to find out the specifics. "Interesting. It is a very vibrant blend, which is always a good sign for potions. It was going to be a Rare Potion from the beginning, based on ingredients alone. But... your addition has brought it just into the territory of Very Rare. It would easily fetch the an Ouban and six Koban in the right place. The market would demand nothing less, though actually selling it would depend on potential consumers in the area," he rambled once again. "By my calculations, you should expect this sort of quality to be the norm for now. Even with me jumpstarting the potion with a list of ingredients, you've made roughly a 280% improvement to its quality. Excellent work."

In truth, there was a part of Charlemagne that could be considered excited for these developments. The whole 'Power of Order' thing was pretty cool if he thought about it properly, but it could only be so exciting when such great potential for accidents remained. "Yeah yeah, I'll be excited once I'm not able to randomly change the laws of the world!" he replied. Sakura went on to mention his apparent aversion to sexual things, warning him against discovering the resident goddess and that strange man-phoenix doing something unsultry. Interestingly enough, he couldn't be worried about that right now. "I think I've done enough today that I won't be too bothered. If I could just..." Still, he struggled with a basic pair of trousers. Sakura had some advice to give ─ advice which made the lad stop hopping around wildly. He stopped entirely, trying to think as she instructed. Right. He didn't have use for an erection. He didn't want to make use of it, so it should go away. Sadly... the effort to will it away was more than he signed up for. Surely he didn't wonder what it would be like to test this new thing out immediately, right? Right! Maybe. . .

Ailen was doing a great job of being encouraging. Anais could likely float around knowing that it wasn't just her own wayward and excessive thoughts that had her confusing words. Taking in even a human lifetime's worth of information was actually a pretty grand undertaking. As such, she wouldn't fault herself for being a bit confused from time to time. At the same time, she'd likely take a bit of care in speaking for a while just to make sure she didn't slip too much. Regardless Anais got all the way through making her potion and when she asked her mentor's opinion she received one. It looked good, it had a high rarity and he used a monetary understanding she didn't get. But overall it didn't sound like she'd done bad her first. Her work quality was 280% efficacy. "Oh? That sounds pretty good. I don't know what that amount of money means, but it sounds like if I had to buy it I wouldn't be able to afford it myself," she said with a small frown. Then again, she'd spent five years saving for a Magic Bag so that wasn't really hardcore. "Still, I'm pretty happy, arigatou gouzaimasu~" she seemed to be very happy with her own progress.

At the same time, Charles claimed that he would be excited when he wasn't capable of accidentally using his powers. "Hm, I suppose I understand. You do seem to want to be a bit more responsible about things..." mentioned Sakura. Still, there was the matter of the lad getting dressed and the information he was given about the potentials for her parents to be otherwise engaged when they arrived. He claimed that he wouldn't be too bothered given he wanted or needed answers, but he still couldn't get into his pants. Ah, and what was this, he seemed to have tried just a bit, Sakura continued to watch only to have an unnerving smirk cross her face. "Of course if you wanted to use it... you could just say so... " she teased gently. That little pool of darkness seemed content to pull at her clothes ever so gently. Well, she was responsible for his well-being, but the longer they took the more likely they wouldn't walk in on something that could potentially harm the lad's psyche.

Ah, there was a lack of familiarity with Munetsuchi's currency. Ailen had nearly forgotten, but this group fell from somewhere above, having never been in this empire before. From what he knew of other places, he could produce a roundabout explanation of monetary value. It was likely that Anais could afford it, if her magic pouch was indicative of her fundage. "In most places, a single Koban is roughly equivalent to one gold. An Ouban is worth ten Koban, so you could essentially say the value is sixteen Koban for simplicity's sake," the elf explained. Alchemy was an easy way to become rich in many places. Just the same, purchasing potions of higher quality was the cause of poverty in adventurers across the world. Anais would soon be saving her group a large quantity of money with her current skills. "Your first potion was a success. I can't graduate you from the beginner phase just yet, though. For that, you'll have to invent a potion of your own with the knowledge you've gained. I'm excited to see what you come up with," he said. A single hand found itself gently atop Anais's head. Ailen then turned around, seeming content with the day's work thus far. "Shall we return then? Unless there is something else you'd like to learn or experiment with, I do believe you've officially surpassed all expectation."

Charlemagne did indeed have a desire to be responsible. If he accidentally did something that negatively impacted anyone else, he'd never let it go until repairs were made. Sakura seemed to understand, so he didn't have to go on any sort of tirade about that. Alas, he had bigger issues to deal with. His own groin wasn't cooperating with his desires, and after only a few moments, that frightening expression of Sakura's was back with a vengeance. The moment he saw it, there was a notable throb to his groin. Of course she'd have something nearly disturbing to say. If he wanted to use it, he could say so? Was everyone reading his mind today? That wasn't even a thought Charlemagne was sure he'd been having. Now though, there was no real arguing with it. "You make it sound so much easier than it really is. The Japan I came from a thousand years ago was a very different version than this; we didn't think it was acceptable to just jump into sexual things on a whim─"

Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast