Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Munetsuchi

There were many context clues to be taken from the exchange between Mugen and Qin. As far as Kaguya was concerned hearing teachers fight over lesson plans was less concerning than the strange feelings she was currently having. Besides, this man had more than enough control to not harm herself, or Miyuki in route to his target. "Hm, I didn't expect such a response. This seems way more personal than my choice change," the girl murmured seemingly working through the nature of such an interpersonal interaction. More than that though, Kaguya was currently the subject of intense scrutiny by Mugen and she couldn't really look away.

Alright, so, she would learn from all five of these wisdom kings, but according to Mugen her journey and what she would be, began and ended with him. That didn't sound too bad, actually given just his appearance and appeal that he had down to the most minute parts of her soul, she was sure she could begin and end her whole life with this man had be happy about it. "Uh-huh... I don't know about a propensity for darkness. That might not mean what I think it means... I'm trying to remain open-minded about this..." she stated honestly. "Forbidden Knowledge does sound interesting though... there's always something fun, about knowing stuff you aren't supposed to know. Secrets and the like..." she mused. Miyuki was still talking, claiming this sounded like a lot for students, Kaguya disagreed and she'd express this as she gathered her thoughts for questions, "Iie, think about all school kids do. Choosing lines of study, making decisions about their long term education before they've even finished general education... that sort of thing. Some not even getting to choose and being forced into activities by their parents, guardians and people hiding them in corners or just putting up with their existences. Students deal with a lot more than it appears, as such I'd consider this more like choosing my own course line, and it sounds interesting at least and everything they've said so far implies that stuff should be about how it feels and this might feel right for me," explained Kaguya.

Still she wasn't fully certain, so there would be questions, "So is Forbidden Knowledge, just forbidden according to this world? Does that mean it can work the way I imagine it? How much magical use is imagination based? If I am learning from all five of you does starting with you basically make you my course advisor? Are there any stipulations to being educated the way you're implying? What would you consider the main benefit to be to learning from you instead of anyone else? Oh and the other apprentice the first one... is she happy?" she asked a series of questions that would give her an overview of this world's education. She was fine with this after all... she couldn't really settle into being a student with his group without fully understanding, though if she was going by feeling alone, she'd like it here.

"It seems that way because it is. You'll understand that in a moment," said Mugen, who had a general idea how things would progress moving forward. Kaguya had some words to share with her male... companion, if he could be called that. First though, she had a taken on darkness and Forbidden Knowledge that were exactly what Mugen needed of her. Secrets and the like would be far from all she received when learning from him. Much like other matters, though, she'd discover that relatively soon. Ah, but what of the boy? They disagreed. Kaguya offered a speech which made her soul react in the most interesting and familiar way to Mugen. She wanted to make her own choices. "When others determine your path, and that path leads you to an untimely death, your rebirth will not be a happy one," he mused.

Kaguya did have questions. Good. An apprentice who asked nothing of their mentor was a useless fool who would die in ignorance, if not because of it. Happily would the demon oblige her curiosities even while restrained. "Forbidden Knowledge is naturally rejected by the planet itself. Between and around your world, Gaia, and this world, Alaya, there is the Void. That is where all things that do not adhere to natural order are stored ─ things from a world that no longer exist. That is where people like me come from. Yes, those people are called Demons. Yes, I am one of them," he answered first. "Your second question gives more information from the first and the third. This world uses Magecraft, which is structured and respects logic. Rare is it that anyone in this world will use True Magic, which is as free as your imagination. Being my apprentice will open you up to several magics the people of this world can't even fathom, and no... it wouldn't make me your course advisor. I will be so much more than that," he added with a particular piercing gaze sent into the girl's face. Something about the expression he wore was innately demonic, or perhaps... something more. It was as if he could imply with his eyes alone that their connection would soon be a bottomless well of learning, but also everything between and around study itself. Moving on, Kaguya had two more questions yet to be answered. He'd address those in reverse. "She is quite happy. Right this moment, she isn't even studying. She and her mentor are... having fun with a bit of exploration," he said cryptically. "There is one stipulation ─ just one. You have to want it. The world doesn't want me spreading my power to you, but I can if you allow it fully. If you abandon all preconceived notions, which you seem to have a decent start on, then I can show you infinity itself. You must want for knowledge, power... freedom. All of that, you must believe I can give you. Oh... and you have to do so with enough resolve that you are willing to make sacrifices. But don't worry; any sacrifice you make will be your own decision. Now, how human are you? I wonder if I'm expected to make a showing of good faith."

"Okay," she commented. Whatever subtle and longstanding argument was occurring between Qin and Mugen wasn't really any of Kaguya's direct business. She figured they settled those sorts of things between themselves. There was something rather telling said by Mugen about what happened when your path was determined by others and you came back. That was an interesting stack of information, "Sou ka, death isn't a super permanent thing here either. That's probably good to know too..." she concluded based on context. She also felt those words deep within herself. She'd already had her path determined once, and until she'd gone to school and learned to make friends it'd left her quite lonely. Even at school beyond her friend group, life was quite cold because of several misunderstandings surrounding her, as such she felt making her own decisions from start to finish was probably for the best.

Kaguya also noted that there was no verbal response from Shirogane, about what she said. She didn't really expect him to understand. Though he was a good guy there was a lot of little things that he seemed to miss from time to time about the way people worked. Whatever, she was currently on the receiving end of a pointed lore dump. She'd take that information and process it, to the best of her ability keeping what was most important. Forbidden Knowledge was rejected by the planet, this planet Alaya and their home world Gaia were connected by a Void, which stored things the worlds didn't like. Demons, like him were among these things from that space. That was a shame, being cast aside was always painful. "Gomen," she empathized. There was more. Magecraft was the logical foundation of this world's magic. But True Magic worked more like what she wanted out of this, so it was obviously a bonus to choose him based on his ability to potentially provide that kind of opening for her. "So I could do what my imagination dictated if I managed to learn true magic, which I can learn from you... " she summarized. That was all good information. Great information.

Ah but her girl question had also been answered. It was a part of girl's general safety protocol to check on the safety of other women whenever possible. According to this man, the girl who'd become an apprentice merely yesterday, was happy. She was currently having a good time, exploring with her mentor. Ah, that man was still glaring at her, and something about his words seemed to make it sound like they were meant in more ways than their simplicity described. Her mouth opened into a little soundless o shape. If another girl had taken a mentor and a bit of 'exploration' was already on the table, and this place was run by a goddess, it couldn't be bad at all. 'Wait, that means this guy would be like that with me? Really?! Am I ready for that? I mean... I'm no virgin but I'm also not the slut the boys seem to think I am either....' she didn't hate the idea. Besides... if she was committing to this education and sex was part of it. She doubted it'd carry the same stigmas she was used to, she could potentially consider it a fresh start. And who knew, maybe, it'd actually be enjoyable. "It's good she's happy. A plus in the general favor of this place over all," she murmured.

Ah, and then there was the stipulation. There was always a catch. Apparently, taking on a demon as a teacher had some very specific provisos. She'd have to want the knowledge, believe he could give it to her, and accept it. Sacrifices would need to be made, but at this point... if her life was practically starting over, what did it truly matter. She might come out of this an entirely different person for all she knew, maybe it was for the best? "A man called Mugen offering to show me infinity is a little on the nose," she said, once more proving her friendship with a certain other individual. "As for how human I am... very. An offer of good faith would go a ways, I suppose. I have every reason to just believe, but a bit of confirmation never hurt anything~" the girl mentioned. Ah, such curiosities had once almost ruined her life and reputation, but now she had no such attachments. Well, if one wasn't counting Miyuki and while she was talking, he'd all but slipped from her mind.

In a brief interaction, Kaguya understood that death was not so permanent here. Excellent. She had already proven herself intriguing enough for the Myouou's attention. Now, she was starting to check off the proverbial boxes for Mugen specifically. "No, it isn't. If you know enough, and if you're strong enough, you can die and come back as the same person you were... or anyone you'd like to be, for a special few," he mentioned. One special note about True Magic did need addressing. He didn't want to mislead, nor did he have to. "You can learn it from any of us. Mine is just... different. There's Magic, which is usually from the Age of Gods in this world... and then there's the Forbidden, which never existed on Alaya at all. What I have to teach you is more volatile than anything the others have. You can handle it," he said with certainty.

Upon mentioning Anais and her current choice in entertainment, Mugen noted the apparent realization within Kaguya. She wasn't so innocent from the outset as her friend had been. Even so, she remained a bit... pure. That was fine either way. "Surely your mind isn't wandering?" he teased. "His isn't," he whispered, drawing attention to a completely aloof Miyuki. Moving on, Kaguya pointed out the quality of pun to his name and offering. That, too, was a statement of interes. "Maybe I did it on purpose. Who knows?"

A show of good faith was not something Kaguya needed, but something she thought would be worthwhile. He could work with that. Ah, he'd have to get up though. The binding of Qin seemed entirely inconsequential to the demon as he rose, shredding away the restraints with his aura alone. "Fly away, Little Bird," he said to a Qin who seemed to become a bit more aggressive. There was no time for this. "Yūbe no kiri yureru~ Reikon sekai kara no sasayaki~ Kasumu naka ni shizuka ni chie ga kakurete~♪" he sang with one hand waving toward the emperor. With that, Qin was jettisoned through a dimensional rift not unlike what brought the humans to Munetsuchi earlier. Where had he gone? It didn't matter. Some time later, Mugen would enjoy the other male's retaliation... but there was another male he'd enjoy dealing with first. Irrespective of those matters, what would he be doing for Kaguya? Well, that was for her to determine. "And what do you believe a good showing would be? There are so many options, you know?" was his retort. In standing, he stepped past Kaguya and away from the throne. Along the way, however, Mugen reached out to tap the girl's forehead gently with one finger. Perhaps Anais would have been able to warn her about that maneuver, had she not been preoccupied during the arrival of these two. Alas, it was more fun for Mugen if Kaguya discovered some things herself. . .

Mugen stated that death wasn't the permanent thing she'd grown up to believe it was. If this world and her own were connected, she could make a few assumptions about it. Like the fact that no one knows what comes after death, all those creepy pastas about people remembering past lives, etc, were likely true if they were as connected as was implied. Whatever, it was nice enough to know that death wouldn't just be an end the way it was served up. "Good to know, good to know. I mean I am not looking to die or anything, but life is a bit less stressful overall, well, methods of death aside," she murmured. Yes, she'd given some heavy consideration to a few things in a relatively short amount of time, such was only normal. According to Mugen, she could learn the type of magic she wanted from any of them, but his was more volatile than the others, he also claimed she could handle it. He'd only known her for a few moments, that kind of faith made her feel a bit abashed. "It's really weird to have someone just believe in me like this..." she mentioned with a slight redness to her face. Still, being believed in would only encourage her actions.

As for the other girl and her exploration. Well... it seemed that Kaguya was being teased for her mind wandering a bit. Well, "Your words implied I didn't interpret it wrong," she stated. Only to quickly shift her eyes in Miyuki's direction. Was he really so innocent? Or was he a bit dumb? Perhaps a bit of both, but there was a double meaning implied by his words and the information about learning as related to feeling which implied at the very least it was invasive. But her own fictional readings said it was likely sexual which while not outwardly discussed or dealt with where they were from was pretty likely in her own mind. Whatever the case he claimed his name and his word use might have been on purpose, in a tone which implied teasing.

And then he dealt with the emperor. A strange song like haiku escaped Mugen's lips. He got rid of his restraints with no physical showing of power at all. This was exciting to witness. What was more, the other man, also strong, disappeared into a magical tear in space. "What?! You can go full mage? I love full mage!" she seemed quite pleased by the possibility of doing most things through magical means. It was an ever-expanding thought in the girl's mind. Oh and now that he was free he seemed to be moving down the throne past her. His movements would stop as he tapped her forehead. And he asked her what she thought a show of good faith would be, with plentiful options being present she had some time to give it thought. She didn't know about the shift, into her mind space. She had no idea how very still her body had gone in the middle of the throne room, such would be something that went unnoticed initially at least. "Hm, a showing of good faith. If you're going to be my mentor then I should ask you teach me something, something simple and useful..." she murmured, seeming to think through it. "But... I don't know, I want something a bit more selifsh than that," she was pausing to think about it. "Could I have both? Is there a limit. Could you teach me something useful and simple and clear up my understanding about something else, exploration related?"

The more time passed, the more this girl was reminding Mugen of... a life long since abandoned, or even lost. Continued life was a boon, but the means of death could always be enough of a negative to taint the next incarnation. Mugen was a living example of that, whether anyone else knew it or not. "I would advise keeping that mentality. Don't fear death, but don't shirk the idea of it either. You wouldn't want to accidentally sign yourself up for it," he prattled. As for how easily he believed in her ─ well, it wasn't so simple at all. That, too, would be clarified. "I don't just believe in you. I can see your potential. Besides, you both came to this world because I sent a calling card for someone who could harmonize with me. You won."

Of course, Mugen would not delve into how the boy appeared for entirely different reasons. He had several theories as to why, but none of it mattered. Miyuki, however, assumed he was actually a chosen one. "Wait, so we were summoned here? Just to learn some secrets and powers? Well... not us, I guess, but Shinomiya! What can I learn?" the boy wondered. It really would have helped him along if he shut his massive mouth. Since he wasn't responding to Kaguya's interpretation of an earlier innuendo, however, Mugen thought to address the male's curiosities just briefly. "I suppose you'd be free to learn the same. I won't teach you, but she could... if she wants to," he answered. Suddenly, Miyuki was a bit excited. He still didn't fully trust the demon, but he was beginning to come around.

Indeed, Mugen could 'go full mage' as Kaguya put it. Little did she know, their conversation was presently had while she stood motionless before the throne. She thought about her request, and what fell from her mouth afterwards was quite interesting. "A selfish desire already? You're well on your way. Yes, you can have both. I'm not exactly known for restraint, after all. But, I'll be needing something from you as well. Show me why I'm not wasting my time. You kids can explore all you like without me. Where's my incentive for enabling your personal exploration?" he asked. He knew everything necessary. He knew Kaguya was his ideal apprentice. He knew teaching her would be more than worthwhile. On the other hand, one selfish request would beget another, simply because Mugen found it fun to play around a bit.

The words spoken my Mugen implied he was quite long lived and had gotten into some rather complex things over his lifes? Yes, it was probably lives. "Keep a lid on my arrogance, but don't let death stop me from living. Got it," she murmured seeming to summarize the thoughts into more digestible pieces. According to Mugen he'd been the one to summon them, or rather his power had reached out and they'd won. No the implication here was more or less he'd reached out for her, and Shirogane was pulled along. Likely because they were together at the time, some magical reason which wasn't quite clear yet.

Ah, but what was clear, was that Shirogane truly wasn't a person with really high comprehension skills. At least not, in certain cases. He seemed to grasp that Kaguya was the one chosen properly but thought he was still here as one such chosen person. Their bird emperor had first determined Kaguya was a worthwhile apprentice. This man had been the one to call her originally, this entire thing was about her, no matter what way it was being looked at. Still, she'd feel a bit bad just abandoning Shirogane. Perhaps it would be easy to set him up on the hero journey he obviously wanted to undertake at the start. This slow life idea was one she wanted but he didn't have to go about it with her. He wasn't as interested in learning as she was, he only wanted to attend college to keep his parents off his back and secure a good job. He hated school but tried his best... this definitely wasn't something he would have liked doing. Then Mugen went and did it, he claimed that though he wouldn't teach Miyuki, Kaguya could... if she wanted to... "Eto..." she paused. 'He hates learning. And he's pretty bad at it. I'm not Chika-chan, I don't have that kind of patience...' she thought. This wasn't even about the type of learning they would actually be doing here.

A selfish desire already? Well yes... but in her own mind, it would be well worth finding out. Actually, if she was being honest, in her previous life, she would have been consulting friends and figuring out the best way to proceed forward. On her own, she was left with her own mind and heart's desire to work with. As far as she understood everything it was a necessity for her to completely adjust. "It's barely selfish... well as far as my understanding is concerned," she mentioned as for showing something well... she'd had a bit of a plan for something earlier and it hadn't worked out really. Perhaps she was better off using it this way regardless based on her discussion with her friends. She had on a pair of high top sneakers that she found herself bending over at the waist and slightly to the side, as if she'd just noticed her shoe was untied. She'd spend a moment down there casually retying her shoe was if nothing was amiss but looking back towards Mugen, her hips shifting gently back and forth. That black shirt of hers had stretched almost to the limit she was almost popping out of it for him at the very least she was slipping from the sides, her shirt shifting reveal the side and partial underside of her breasts from this angle. But her physical form remained quite still. But he could have seen quite a bit. "A bit of cooperative enabling never hurt anyone right? Besides someone has to know where to go so no one get's lost. You seem to have that sort of experience~" she said smirking. Ah, that little bit was all done those little flashes of exposed flesh would be tucked away, she'd even pull down those way too short shorts, just a little.

Whatever Kaguya intended to do with the boy was currently her prerogative. In time, she would realize for herself why exchanging mana with him would be the worst decision of her life. If she still didn't understand, and if she still wished to keep that thing in her arsenal, well... they'd cross that bridge when they came to it. Ah, but Mugen was more knowing than that. He knew of human relationships, and they certainly had one going. Here and now, she was in a presumably committed relationship, bending at the waist to show the full curve of her arse to a man she'd just met mere minutes ago. Of course, Mugen wouldn't be complaining; she had a rather shapely ass. At the end of it all, that was one of his primary concerns. Ah, he even had a slight view of her breast from one side. Overall, it was quite the lovely sight. Kaguya would be excellent in terms of making up for his earlier lack of entertainment.

Beyond the visuals, Mugen received a rather flirty argument from the lass. She was going to be interesting, for as long as she could remain coherent. "Ho? Well, I suppose you're right. Alright; I've seen enough. Let's explore, you and me," he said. At that time, Miyuki seemed only more confused. "Huh? I didn't see anything. What's going on?" he asked. Only then did Mugen snap his fingers, dispelling the dream in such a way as to literally dissolve it around Kaguya's vision. She'd find herself looking toward the throne again. At Mugen's location, there was a yagura-mon rising from the floor, taking up a massive space within the throne room. Within that gate, there was a portal to a hidden room: Mugen's room. Only those who could enter were capable of even seeing beyond the gate itself. Miyuki would see only a strange, liquid-like swirl. Kaguya, however, would be capable of seeing the 'realm' beyond. While beckoning for her approach, Mugen decided to answer the boy. "That's the thing about Forbidden Knowledge. You're only able to see what you can perceive," he said. That may have been a bit of misdirection, but his words were still true. Now then, what would Kaguya alone be able to see beyond the gate?

Within a secluded, otherworldly realm, a Japanese-style bedroom emerged, drenched in an unsettling aura. Dark crimson silk draped the walls, embellished with black calligraphy and sinister symbols. Soft, flickering candlelight danced amidst ethereal whispers, casting eerie shadows upon a low, black lacquered platform bed adorned with mysterious carvings. Sinister artifacts adorned a low black table, scrolls of forbidden knowledge alongside wicked talismans, while a mirror with an obsidian frame distorted reflections. The floor, scattered with ancient texts and blood-red rose petals, met a plush rug of swirling darkness. Above, an elaborate chandelier of twisted obsidian held flickering crimson candles, casting shadows that mimicked lurking spirits. This Japanese-style bedroom, belonging to a demon, merged elegance with darkness, blurring the boundaries between realms. If Kaguya were to step forward and witness the sight beyond the gate, Mugen would urge her onward. "Beyond this gate, if you can see it, is the infinity I promise. Step in, and the exploration begins."

What did Kaguya want to do with the boy she'd come with? Well, they'd technically agreed to start their slow life together. It would be counterproductive to leave him hanging if they were going to be living together. And though she might have found it a bit taxing, this world might have some methods for making sure he could learn or do whatever it was he actually wanted. Even if he wasn't just being reliable he'd always been pretty kind to her, she had no reason to completely shove away his feelings. Even being mentally attached to a man who was exactly her type physically and a type of schooling she thought she could really get into... she shouldn't throw away at base their friendship, nor their few months of romance. She didn't expect it to last a super long time, but, she had to give it a proper chance or a clean break, right? She felt like that would have been the advice of the kinder of her friends.

All of that thought came after, she stood up a bit and had Mugen comment. Perhaps in this world, being attractive wouldn't be the sort of curse she'd known it to be before. Maybe, being wanted or unwanted didn't have the same kind of problematic issues. Oh, but there was something else, what she'd just done had gone unseen by the lad with her? Oh, that was probably for the best, she didn't really want him to think badly of her because she'd gotten a bit distracted by her own thoughts and throwing her life fully into this new situation. Alright, she was rather calm... it would be bad to let the heat of a moment take you straight into hell, or whatever the saying on that was. "That's a really interesting ability," she mentioned to Mugen, understanding that what she'd seen, done and experienced was very separate from what he'd seen. 'Thanks for protecting my privacy... that kind of thing really is the last thing I need,' she mused not seeming to think much about it, but realizing she should definitely thank Mugen later. At the very least, this man was doing way better for her than her first boyfriend ever managed. She wouldn't come off as slutty or a cheater to her own boyfriend. Maybe she might be able to teach him something, at the very least some basics to get them situated in life here?

Ah, but the pull of forbidden knowledge was quite tense. She could see a gate, and through that gate she could see... a bedroom filled with very interesting things. It was such a different sort of place, but it was also... oddly inviting. The girl stood before the gate and stared into it, maybe she shouldn't do this right just now. They had to talk about it. Obviously, she'd figured out a lot more about what it would mean to join this sort of education. Still... this room definitely looked like a way better attempt at a romantic or passionate set up than she'd ever seen before. She sort of wanted to go... but that wasn't really the right thing to do for them right? "It really is something..." she murmured as she stood just at the threshold. Perhaps it was dumb of her, or sentimental, but it would be wrong to abandon the man she'd come with. It'd actually be slutty of her to just follow her raging hormones into a demon's bedroom just for the sake of forbidden knowledge right? And her boyfriend was such a virtuous guy beyond any of his perceived flaws. He was cute with his stares and his accidental gazes when he thought she couldn't see him. They didn't seem like anything but what was normal... So, even knowing she had to fully commit to wanting it, she wasn't sure she could.

Kaguya understood the truth of what he'd done. She even went on to comment on the ability, and further mentally thanked him for protecting her privacy. "You're welcome," he said coyly. Now was the time he expected Kaguya to enter the gate. She did approach it, she looked inside and saw the truth beyond the portal. When the time came to take that final step, however, she hesitated. Mugen knew her heart was wavering. This wasn't good for development. If she didn't want his offering enough, it couldn't happen at all. He'd have preferred avoiding a specific situation, but it seemed there was little choice. She had to be pushed a bit.

"You're hesitating," he said while facing the girl. "Very well. I'll show you. Satori," he called out. Another rift appeared in the floor, this one giving way to a large, ape-like creature with eyes devoid of all color ─ no pupils, no irises, only darkness. The creature set its gaze on Miyuki as per Mugen's instruction. The boy recoiled in a very natural fear reaction to something so unnerving, but shadows were there to pin him in place. "Shinomiya Kaguya. You have an affinity to darkness for a reason. Tell me your story. Oh, and... you dropped something behind you~" he said in a somewhat suggestive manner, intending to have her bend and inadvertently give the boy a similar view to what he received moments before. At the time of her story and potential showing, the Satori would be peering into Miyuki's subconscious. Being the sub-par student he was, the lad didn't even know his youkai trivia; Satori was only a name to him.

Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast