Page 94 of 140 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

The closer Marisbury and Miko got to their destination, the more turns their conversation took. Miko steered things in the direction one would expect of two interested parties meeting for the first time, which... strangely was not something Marisbury was used to, despite his many encounters over the years. She questioned his passions after being called a passionate individual herself. Frankly, he had to think for a moment. What passions could a technical creation god have? Well, he did have something. "If I had to choose, you may find it strange for someone like me. Gadgets interest me. Non-sentient toys, machines and other such things with functions thought up and built by someone who just wanted a convenient thing. As an offshoot of that, I suppose I like to see other people's developments. That's why I followed my current career path. As for hobbies, the first passion leads to me tinkering from time to time," he explained.

While those two approached the shop, Kazuhiko waited patiently for Sakura's return. He didn't have to stand around for more than a few minutes before she emerged from the restroom ─ or rather, the other world as one could assume. What she did over there was none of his business, so he wouldn't be prying... but he didn't have to. No, Sakura had also made use of things recently learned, like the functionality of a smartphone's camera. She showed an image featuring a blue-haired, blue-eyed child. Kazuhiko looked at said picture, but he didn't think much of it. Actually, he earnestly believed Sakura wandered off just to test her camera again, using some random toddler as a test subject. "That's... good, but did you go out just to take a picture of some kid?"

Marisbury and Miko were busy having a conversation in the ways of a newly established couple. Miko wasn't being dishonest when she said she wished to know what interested him and oddly enough it seemed Marisbury himself had to take a moment to think about the answer to her question. After a brief moment of silence he came to a conclusion. That even though it might be considered odd, he liked gadgets and toys. "Really? I don't think that's strange at all. Gadgets are cool and tinkering isn't a bad hobby by any standard," she said seemingly pleased by the knowledge. In truth she had a friend who was interested in similar things and found it just as interesting from that one's perspective. In truth it was amazing to her that gadgets were things he could make or deal with. "Watching others developments is a bit different but I could still see it being interesting especially as part of one's work. I never really got very far into making gadgets, I have a mild leaning towards handicrafts and things like that... Well, I make music but composition in that case is probably a different kind of process from making or tinkering with physical things," she explained of herself in the meantime. What an interesting man he was, and she imagined that his likes and dislikes would end up directly influencing his future self, which she assumed he didn't know about yet.

At the same time only a few minutes passed before Sakura returned and when she did return she came bearing new pictures. Kazuhiko though seemed to miss the point of the picture, Sakura had to look at it herself again to make sure she hadn't shown him the wrong one. This was not the sort of reaction she was seeking but perhaps she'd get something different with a bit more explanation. "He's not random. I made him... he's ours, I named him Kazuki," she said pointing back to the boy to further the lad's thought process along. "Look Otou-chan," Sakura said to show off the child she'd made recently. Of course she was pleased with herself.

"Ah yes. You're... that one," Marisbury stated in the wake of Miko's mention of music. He had an understanding of her existence, though this entire day and onward was quite a blur for him. Iino Miko was one with a secret identity of sorts. By happenstance, a poster was nearby of one particular faceless musician. As it was a relevant topic, Marisbury looked toward it, then to Miko. "Isn't it interesting? To shop at a store your fans frequent?" he wondered aloud. Indeed, they were standing right outside the building that was their destination now. Miko's musical persona had quite the fan following, and many of its female members seemed to be into fancy lingerie. Perhaps her aunt thought it was time to blend in with her own fanbase? "By the way, I don't think it's too different. The only thing missing is the part that's physical, right?"

Kazuhiko was in for a sudden awakening in the meantime. That random child Sakura had photos of was not random at all, but in fact... a child she made. It was Kazuhiko's own son. She named the boy Kazuki. She had an entire child in five minutes after being impregnated less than a week before. How were humans the strange ones? "... Eh? But... you... that wasn't... EH?!" There was no fighting the shock. Kazuhiko, and in fact all humans, understood pregnancies to work a very specific way. Even with an inkling that such didn't apply to divine beings, expectations were not the same as witnessing firsthand. Hiroshi knew how to explain things, however, and he'd do so while inspecting the photograph. "Oh? Congratulations are in order! I'm certain he'll be a strong boy. Also, be patient with the father. Humans undergo a nine-month gestation period, and must physically expel children in infancy. This must be quite the shock for him."

Miko was... that one? Her eyes widened in her understanding. She'd not told anyone about her specific identity, even if this man was clairvoyant it wasn't immediately expected for him to know this information. She became quite sheepish. This became especially obvious when she viewed the poster of her unseen visage. 'Museion' was a musical phenomenon, entangled in the musical stylings of Dream Eater and being involved in all kinds of projects. Her music was... quite popular even though no one had ever laid an eye on her before. "I guess so. It's a bit odd to me... I didn't even become interested in this sort of thing until very recently. I don't know how fans of music end up being attached to a specific lingerie shop," she said quietly. She could barely speak in front of large crowds. She'd never see herself giving a life performance of anything. Moving on from that point before they walked in she gave consideration to the lack of physicality of creating music and nodded. "Well yes, I suppose that is true. Unless you count playing an instrument as part of the physical work of composing. Then there might not be as much of a difference as I thought initially..." she said having given it consideration. 'Alright. We can do this. It's just a store, and no one knows me... and I need underwear. It's easy... and I have a hot guy with me so... bonus!' she thought to herself as she worked on giving herself enough of a pep talk to open the door to the shop.

While Miko recovered from someone figuring out her secret identity, Kazuhiko was reeling from the knowledge that he was a father. Saori perked up from the couch to find that the lad seemed to not understand something. Both she and Kaguya could only assume magical world influence had quite a bit to do with what had happened. But it seemed that Kazuhiko hadn't quite gotten up to the same standard of information. Whatever the case, he'd be left to think over it while Sakura received the sort of feedback she'd been looking for, from Hiroshi one of her five fathers. "Hai, he's quite strong already," she confirmed. But apparently she was to take it easy on Kazuhiko because humans seemed to do birthing in a way that was barbaric at best. "That sounds terrible. That isn't supposed to be an exit and it seems like it would traumatize everyone involved. I always thought the really small humans were odd, but I just figured they weren't getting enough Mana. Why would you do that?" she said seemingly truly aghast by the process of child-birth for humans. "No choice, I promise if you gave the woman an option to deliver a baby the way you did and to do it the way we would know how, we'd choose your way every time," Saori said, which made Kaguya laugh as well. "Yeah, I am sure our moms didn't set out to be traumatized by giving birth, it was more an outcome to an act, not a conscious thing~" Kaguya mentioned to help the lass along.

Miko clearly hadn't fully come to terms with her well-kept secret, nor the idea of it being known. The state of shock she was in came as a minor surprise, though... only slightly. Whatever the case, she didn't raise it as a topic of discussion, so he left it alone from there. All in due time, he thought. Perhaps it was for the best that she experienced the shock of a moment like this, at least once before others learned the truth. "It's only natural that fans of that music would shop like this. Music is a conductor that carries even emotions. People who hear the tune of Museion feel uplifted, and a bit sensual. That's an effect of the passion we were talking about earlier; it seeps into your creations," he explained. While Miko tried to hype herself up just to enter the shop, Marisbury took the initiative of opening the door himself. He'd be the gentle guide whose purpose was to usher Miko into the store, all in accordance with their little date. "After you."

Kazuhiko would never escape these moments. Every time there was reason to relax and avoid ridiculousness, Sakura had to come along and say or do something beyond all known logic. He thought there was nothing left to be surprised by; he always thought that before surprise reared its head. Well, he did know he was to be a father... of three. It couldn't get much more ridiculous than that whole situation. "Alright, so I have a kid already. That's unexpected, but I guess it's better than a full pregnancy while world-hopping and preparing for war against a god. No baby phase, probably good. He does look like me, except... blue and kind of angry-looking. Why's he angry? He was, like, just born today. And what's with the book? Newborns get automatic childhood and books? That's crazy," he rambled. Interestingly enough, Kazuhiko wasn't talking to anyone directly, though he was certainly speaking aloud. Hiroshi had seen this sort of behavior before, so... he did as he always would, and ignored it until it passed. "Actually, that book is rather queer. It's not from Munetsuchi, but this image is taken from the palace. Where did you find such an interesting Artifact?"

A bit of early shock wasn't something that Miko was ready for. But being a little shocked by something often made it easier for her later, so she didn't feel too oddly about it. Still she didn't really have any idea of what her alter ego seemed to have going. In fact, she could consider that she was 'willfully ignorant' of Museion's followers commentary on their favorite artists music. It took a great deal of her confidence just to release music even without her own face being attached to it, She definitely wasn't ready to deal with the ins and outs of being famous. "Sou ka, is it weird that I don't look into that sort of thing? Like I am aware of the popularity of the music but... not the details of how people feel about it. Sensual is interesting as a descriptor. I might have to give a few pieces a listen knowing that is how people feel it," she said carefully. Ah, but sensual was at least how she was feeling lately. And right at the moment this was also true, she tried to hype herself up but it seemed another gentle push would be coming her way. The opening of the door by Marisbury. Miko took a deep breath and finished the hype, "Shitsureishimasu," she murmured stepping in. Well, she couldn't leave him standing there at least.

An entrance was made, but an exit hadn't been yet. No, Kazuhiko was too busy being surprised by being a father to make any moves or movements. His words were rambling but Sakura heard each of them. Apparently he was shocked about having one of his kids already, she didn't know why but after finding out that humans kept babies within them whole for nine months perhaps it made more sense than she gave it. She had some things to say about his musings. "I finished his creation on the other side, to avoid allowing his mana to be leeched by this world. I wouldn't give birth to something that couldn't at least run on its own... that doesn't seem logical. I am sure the blue and the slight terseness to his visage came from An-chan," she said about the boy's face as for the book it was something else entirely. "Iia, the book isn't standard, though I was born at a similar age. The book came from Sexy Onii-chan and Onee-chan," she said about the Artifact. That book was a magical item that was made by a pair of individuals who dropped it off at an appropriate time. It was complicated, but more than that... it was almost more pressing how Sakura referred to those gift givers.

Whether Miko revisited her own music for inspection purposes or not, Marisbury was firm in his belief. Just the same, he thought it was worthwhile for the lass to view her own works from a new perspective. Such things gave new insight to creators, though many did not make the discovery themselves. Miko was likely to do so, however. Ah, but first was an entirely different matter: the purchase of undergarments and the like. Miko finally took the first step into the shop. Awkward though it was, she made the necessary progression. Naturally, Marisbury walked right along with her, pulling up the immediate rear. "This is a very popular store, I understand. Do you know what sort of pieces you're looking for?" he wondered to keep conversation active.

In the meantime, Kazuhiko was beginning to recover from great shock. He could now listen and process the details of... his son. That fact was still a bit surreal, but only because it was so sudden. Angelica's influence in this child was clear, making obvious the greater purpose of their recent Nexus escapade as a trio. One might wonder what Angelica's direct child would gain from Sakura ─ hopefully nothing too crazy. "Okay, yeah... I think I'm good now. I'm a dad. That's actually pretty cool," he said. Kazuhiko himself was entirely unfazed by the form of address Sakura used for some others, not even knowing who she spoke of. Hiroshi, however, quirked a brow immediately. "Sexy what? That's a rather interesting way to speak of someone. Are those the people you met shortly after them?" he asked, gesturing toward Kazuhiko.

Miko made her way inside of a lingerie store. Her first steps into adulthood, which literally didn't involved someone else's sexual organs. But this store had an interesting ambiance. She gave a quick glance around and noted that there were all kinds of underclothes for women as well as longue wear and the like. She smiled after a moment taking time to calm herself. With a proper adult with her she felt less out of sorts walking around even though there were likely a few strange implications to a seventeen year old on a shopping date with a twenty-seven year old man. Whatever the case, she was asked a more direct question, "Ano, lately, I've been fond of thongs. As far as materials go lace and silk seem to be best for me. I think I should also buy some pajama or house-wear, I can't run around in tights but I also can't feel comfortable drowned in clothes in more domestic situations..." she explained. As such she began walking towards a few pieces colorful in nature but just as small as the one's she was already wearing. "I can see why this place is popular though... it has a nice feeling to it." she mused. "So, Animusphere-san, you enjoy gadgets and tinkering but, are they your only hobbies or do you have others?" she asked, mostly as a distraction for the number of underwear she was looking over and picking up after checking the sizes.

Meanwhile, Kazuhiko seemed to be working through the bluntness of the birth of one of his children. He seemed to make peace with being a dad relatively quickly and even claimed it was cool. Sakura knew this was his way of dealing with things and she could only nod. "Sexy Onii-chan and Onee-chan. I met them before I met the fallen group. He gave me the tea with the bubbles in it too..." she mused thinking back on something from a few days prior. Besides that point she flicked through her pictures and showed the picture of a blue haired man in a white suit, and something that looked like a fox-yokai with pink hair in a shrine maiden's outfit. In the picture they were staring at each other, dangerously close together and not seeming to be paying attention to anyone directly. "I call them that because they give off such entangled energy. It's like they are only not doing something because they are talking. It's so interesting," she said of the pair. "Anyway, they said they made that book as a gift for Kazuki..." she said with a firm nod.

Miko's shopping preference was actually shared in a direct manner. Apparently, she sought thongs of lace and silken variety, in addition to some sort of loungewear for modesty. Marisbury found her plan more than suitable for all general purposes, though most may have been shocked by the admission from one like Iino Miko. "Lucky for everyone who gets to see," he commented with a smile. There were many options for what she desired, and Marisbury wondered what sort of selections she'd make. Perhaps this day was even more interesting than he anticipated, beyond the existing mysteries of it. "I do have some other hobbies. Travelling is something I find enjoyable to see the most interesting sights out there in the world. I'm admittedly a bit aloof with those I have social connections to because I'm often going somewhere else... like now, for example."

Sakura went on to explain the 'sexy' individuals she spoke of, confirming they were the people Hiroshi assumed ─ though his grasp of event timing was inverted. "I see. My understanding is slightly lacking in that regard, but I suppose a simple timing error is no issue," Hiroshi stated. He did recall the tea she mentioned, and now he could see the people she spoke of. From the picture alone, he could tell there was some powerful connection between the two... and yet, he'd never seen them before. "I've never encountered those two. They are not natives of Munetsuchi, surely. If they had the ability to give you a reasonable Artifact, they'd undoubtedly have the attention of your mother. There's also an implication of clairvoyance. I am not personally able to comment on that with much insight, but perhaps Solomon-ou or Tohsaka-san would know."

Miko had a strange amount of comfort in her conversations with people lately. Specifically her closest friends and acquaintances seemed to get straight answers out of her more often than not. In the case of Marisbury, he was told of her plans to procure specific kinds of underwear and clothing for the sake of her own comfort and relaxation. And when receiving this information he claimed that it would be lucky for those who got to see. The small girl who spent most of time blushing in current times, would continue to do so, "If you say so..." she murmured coyly. Still she was here for things. So she began picking up a few pairs, in various colors. If there was one thing she could rely on, it was the idea that her aunt wouldn't send her out with less than enough to get what she needed. A weeks worth of underwear or more wouldn't be too hard to come by surely. While this happened, she got to listen to the sound of Marisbury's voice. He spoke of being kind of aloof, but enjoying travelling... he counted his current activity among the 'random' trips of his adventures. "Oh? Aloof... I understand that a bit. I hope I'm not the aloof friend... though I might be considering they have time to take bets on what they think I am doing when I'm not with them," she said giving thought to something Kaguya had said to her while she was Anais. "Still, it's nice to travel. I've bet you've seen some pretty awesome things..." she mused. Her current life was that of an adventurer, she had to enjoy traveling a certain amount. Even so, she imagined this man being missing from his job, just to bring random items to some people he'd not met before was probably a bit of odd conversation he couldn't have had. "Still do you talk to anyone about your odd vacations?" she asked him wondering if he took social ineptitude to the point of being a shut-in.

Sakura showed the picture of the sexy adults and explained her meetings with them in a bit more detail. It seemed it wasn't exactly clear when she first explained it, but that was a potential to take from lack of direct transmission. "It isn't. It's probably my fault it was confusing there was a lot going on at the time," Sakura mentioned seeming to think about it more. "Onii-chan and Onee-chan were in the shopping district before I ended up across the river investigating. Their words nudged my curosity a bit so I ended up investigating more directly," she explained. As for questions surrounding the Artifacts and the nature of the clairvoyance of the pair of entities which none in Munetsuchi had encountered before, Sakura could only give a few thoughts. "They do seem to know a lot but talking to them doesn't feel like talking to Otou-sama or Oyaji. It has a different sort of sensation to it..." she said not able to truly quantify it.

Page 94 of 140 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast