Page 85 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

The most important thing for Ozymandias in this impromptu meeting was the apparent agreement that he and Nitocris would not be making it out of the Nexus. He spent the remainder of his time thinking of locations within the Nexus cityscape. There were quite a few good places to choose from, from bathhouses to ballrooms and everything between. He did, however, still have space in his mind to address Jeanne's compromise. "Hardly a trade, but... I'll accept. I haven't seen a party in over a thousand years," he said. Ozymandias had fully expected the next celebration he encountered to be a wedding between a certain pair.

In time, Charlemagne managed to relay some version of the original message to Jeanne, which left the woman laughing. He expected as much, knowing his own rendition couldn't be the same as even Sakura's... and even that was strange as he recalled. Stranger still, was what Artoria said to the group after hearing whatever Jeanne said. At that point, Ozymandias's laughter would be the loudest. "Ha ha ha! You see? 'As the mighty pharaoh, I will soon command the waters to flood the ravine and nourish the land.' That was the line I gave my queen a few minutes ago. The lesson is, the intentions of a single idea will absolutely be skewed with the passage of time. The more they spread, the more is lost. Only seven people are here, and look how much one sentence changed."

There was an acceptance of the arrangement of a party from Ozymandias, even as he and his wife seemed to be well on their way to a certain inevitable outcome. Still it was a bit strange that a party had been a thousand years out for the male Pharaoh. "You guys give off big home-body vibes, I hadn't thought about the fact that you don't really party together outside with us," Jeanne said. Maybe she'd been a bit more distracted the last thousand years. Eventually she'd remember to organize a party every once in a while. Actually, more than that... what was needed was more friends. She assumed that if the Grail War returned to a more normal occurrence, it would become much easier for everyone to gather and have fun at random intervals. "Might be time for you to go back to your original job... as much as I hate to admit that," Artoria said looking at her younger sister. She did always enjoy organizing events, though she did so as a cover for their more elicit activities, that didn't meant that she wasn't very good at her work.

Ah, but the words being shared in the game eventually reached their home in Artoria's ears. And she would relay them in her usual way only to sigh soon after. The real sentence had been distorted so much that Artoria could only scoff. "And this is why I only accept intel from Kei," she said with an eye roll. The still rolling Jeanne would have her laughter joined by others. Even Angelica upon realizing how she'd stated this change couldn't help but laugh as well. Sakura heard out what was said and began internalizing the information. "Sou ka, I understand many things now. Arigatou gouzaimasu," Sakura said. But what all did she take from this exercise? Human children's games seemed to teach life lessons in some way and should be observed more carefully. That humans method of spreading information was terrible for retention. That information was influenced by both personal experience and current levels of distress... and that even among close friends misunderstandings could happen with great ease. Nitocris had been thinking of decorating some room within the cityscape but that could happen in an instant regardless.

"It's hardly a matter of 'we'," Ozymandias replied. It didn't truly matter whether he was invited to some party or not, though it did seem like a load of fun. Currently though, he was most interested in the potential use of the new-look Nexus for... reasons that didn't need to be discussed in present company. What did need discussing just briefly, was the lesson offered to Angelica and, by association, anyone else who could benefit from it. The one who took the lesson first was, as anyone could expect by now, Sakura. Ozymandias wasn't sure why thanks were being given, nor was he sure what her understanding was exactly, but he merely nodded in acknowledgement.

These matters seemed to be winding down, and it seemed Charlemagne had no other concerns to address. In fact... "I think that's it then. By the way, I never get a party invite either. I'll sign the petition," he joked with the male pharaoh, putting a fair amount of space between himself and Jeanne as if it were natural to do so. Ozymandias was already looking around and making decisions. "Then the evening is upon you, but only just. I will take the time to inspect my works. I welcome you all to do the same, if these visits to the Nexus are to become commonplace," he urged, fully intending to take a different path to any of the others who took a tour. "Err... well, that doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. I'm up for it if anyone else is; there's still some time before we should be waking up."

"Oui. I'll arrange something awesome... for all the newcomers when we get back then~" Jeanne said, even in her current state, there would be a party. The space being placed between Jeanne and Charlemagne while it seemed natural also seemed like avoidance to Jeanne herself. But again, she didn't blame the lad... she had attacked him without much warning before and he was still feeling the effects of her Avenging. That being said, she wouldn't be allowing him to stand on such a slight. "Bullshit, you were invited to the last party too, you just didn't show up~" she corrected the lad. "He has a habit of disappearing for ages," Angelica chimed in which made a small smirk appear on Jeanne's face.

Lessons were given and thanks were offered. None would truly understand why Sakura always thanked people for teaching her new things, but wisdom like death was a gift, she'd always thank someone for sharing their understanding. Moving on, it seemed that Ozymandias was keen to inspect his works and while Artoria would have normally enjoyed exploring a new cityscape she was far from currently capable of doing so comfortably. "I will have to take a raincheck on the city exploration. I have about ten steps I can take at a time presently," she said which fully explained why she was sitting down. "Oh? I did that once when I was younger~" Nitocris said with a cheeky smirk. "Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia," she added at the end. Sakura would look to Artoria and speak on the matter in a different way. "Your mana circuits are overloaded and adapting to compensate. It's why you can't walk... if you wanted to speed along your recovery you could always not add more atop it... or funnel it to the baby. Though that might be a little complex given the confusing state of your mana circuits right now," she explained as if there were no social implications to her words.

Artoria didn't immediately process the words spoken to her, she'd take the advice for what it was while her younger sister shifted her gaze waiting to see how long it took her to catch up to what had actually been said. "Magical world physiology, of course it is something like that. I did not figure such a thing was capable of change, given my physical state has been magically the same since I was fifteen... Maybe I will ask Rie about the nature of Caliburn's original...." she paused. "The fucking what?" she exclaimed. Sakura would continue to explain with only a hint of confusion passing her face, "The baby, every woman in this room with the exception of Queen Nitocris is currently pregnant, but for her I assume it is only a matter of time. That is a logical conclusion not clairvoyance," Sakura said in the same way she'd been speaking of everything else. All the while, Artoria seemed to be shifting in moods rather rapidly. An overwhelming bloodlust seemed to radiate from her seated being as her eyes deadpanned. "Come on, Eri-nee, you can't exactly kill him over something like this..." Jeanne said seeming to have immediately gone into the mode of talking her sister down. "I can exactly fucking murder him if I damn well please," she snapped back. Of course, she was mostly upset due to the ideations she had about being barren and knowing her body could not change. This made no real sense to her, but the person who was to blame was only King Gilgamesh of this she was certain.

Apparently, Charlemagne did receive an invitation to the last party. That was news to him, however. "I didn't show up because I was never invited. I don't know where you sent it, but it never reached me. Around the time I heard of that happening, I was busy," he asserted. Angelica's additional comment didn't help things. He had no such propensity for disappearing, and he wouldn't be letting that claim stand. "Busy! You ever seen a Saxon tribe? It doesn't matter how many you think you've killed ─ there'll be more waiting in ambush when you're on your way home!" he griped, looking to the only other person he knew to deal with that particular group: Artoria Pendragon. "Like, seriously! They're like hydras!"

Artoria's claim of taking a raincheck was met by a quizzical expression from Ozymandias. She couldn't walk, that much was clear. The gall she had to act like it was an issue in front of him, however, was ridiculous. He was frankly offended, and had something to say in response... but a moment of outrage came shortly after a moment of questioning... which itself came after the time-bomb of an Artoria pregnancy, casually dropped into the conversation by Sakura. Whatever Ozymandias had to say, he fell silent until realization struck the knight-queen. "Blimey," he muttered. With so much rage permeating the air, he thought a distraction of sorts would be fitting. Luckily, that fell inline with what he already intended. "The sun's light is meant to be seen. If you can't walk, don't. Awlad!" By Ozymandias's command, three sphinxes materialized around the group. Artoria had met this exact trio as cubs, but they were all now larger than lions and each capable of holding multiple adults. One sphinx in particular, one most familiar with the Queen of Knights, was even approaching the seated woman directly while the others sat in wait.

"You were definitely invited, Chuck. I left an invite for you in your old barracks and I gave one to Astolfo for you just in case," Jeanne explained of the situation. "Well, I figured if something was to go wrong it would have been with the Astolfo one," she concluded. Good natured though Astolfo was, he wasn't always the brightest individual. And he was prone to 'distraction'. According to Charlemagne he had been busy, also when not appearing before Angelica. He made mention of a particular set of tribes he'd been warring with extensively. Sakura listened to the details of this and seemed to be processing something very specific. But the look towards Artoria would grant him eye contact and confirmation. In their war against the Saxons, they were kindred. "You, Charlemagne are far too kind. The Saxons are nothing so noble as hydra. They are barbarian cockroaches, scouring the planet, breeding in darkness after pockets of rape and pillaging. Only appearing in ridiculous quantities wherever you think you will find peace. If you want them dead you can not simply kill the men. You have to burn the earth and everything they have ever touched. I wondered once if it would be easier to also kill the women and the children, I have given it consideration on more than one occasion. They are a ceaseless plague whose only purpose is ruin!" the tirade of Artoria Pendragon knew no bounds. And her talk of meting out death to women and children would not be allowed to stand by Jeanne. "Eri-nee!" snapped Jeanne. "I said I gave it consideration, I did not. According to Merlin a purification could work on the women and children... I was not heavy on the details at the time, but I did not end up massacring any innocents. You have my word," Artoria confirmed.

Well, that sort of outburst from the girl formerly known as Hoshimi Eri was far from the worst thing one could have heard. Once upon a time, several dozen swears would have been in that speech, now it was simply less than charitable ways of talking about living beings with sentience. Whatever the case, her absolute bloodlust was something very different in the face of her pregnancy, but it wouldn't be Jeanne who distracted her properly from the idea of killing. It would be Ozymandias. Who called forth a trio of Sphinxes that Artoria had seen previously as kittens. It was like a switch went off in her head. Her bloodlust evaporated in a singular moment as she squealed. It would be the single most girly sound to ever leave the mouth of the Queen of Knights, and it would always work. "Squee!~ Mite, you have gotten so big! You want to show me around the city? Pharaoh Ozymandias is so nice letting me see you again, I would not want to be a bother~" she seemed very pleased as she opened her arms to hug the cat like creature and Jeanne let out a sigh of relief, giving Ozymandias a thumbs up for initiating a proper distraction. Just the same Artoria Pendragon was still very Japanese, such was her nature as an individual to not cause problems for others if she could avoid it. "That extreme of a switch cannot be healthy, the Golden King must be an adrenaline junkie~" Nitocris concluded. Sakura was observing and had her own eyes light up. "Oh, I get that now..." she whispered lightly.

"First: why the hell would you trust Astolfo to deliver a message? He's the last person you should trust for that! Second: busy! At that point, I wasn't even sure which home I'd be returning to when it was all over. Either I was able to go back to the sanctum, or Aincrad called me weeks ago and I'm late to start a new thing. Never really been allowed time to check my mail ─ you should know that. Send Martha. Oh, she's with us for now, by the way," he added quickly. With that, Charlemagne was in for one hell of a rant from the Queen of Knights. They both knew the Saxons to be a bane, and he didn't know which of them had encountered more problems with the group... but he now knew in detail how Artoria felt about them. Apparently, comparing them to hydras was rude to hydras. He could understand the reference to cockroaches after seeing how quickly and randomly they multiplied, thinking it was a better fit. "Definitely pests. I can see that," he agreed. While Charlemagne had no intentions of murdering women and children, it did feel necessary at times to eliminate the Saxon epidemic plaguing the world. Now that he thought about it, though, there was another potential workaround. "Hmm. I wonder if I can finally finish them off with one of these new powers. . ."

Dealing with Artoria Pendragon was among the easiest things in the world. If one had a feline to throw in front of her, they'd be having a good time. Ozymandias was certain he'd saved quite a few people from at least an earful, simply by calling upon a few sphinxes. By only doing that, he returned the stoic knight-queen to the state of a Japanese girl of about college age. The thumbs-up he received from Jeanne as a result was reciprocated as he spoke again. "It is no bother. Go! Look upon my works!" he insisted before addressing Nitocris. "I read a snippet of that epic, and I'll say... yes. One of the old glory-seeking types, if nothing else. That has to translate somewhere."

In the meantime, Charlemagne's gaze shifted to Sakura. Her understanding was noted once again, this time regarding a gesture previously questioned. He offered the young goddess a thumbs-up as well, as if doing so in approval of this realization. "Awesome! So, what do you guys think?" he asked of Sakura and Angelica, as neither had yet expressed interest or disinterest in the new Nexus tour.

Charlemagne had a lot to say about the potential of a lost message. Of course, Jeanne knew of the lack of trustworthiness of Astolfo it was why she'd sent two messages. As for the other options there were more and less things at play. "I did say I figured it would go wrong so I sent two. If you'd showed up at the Sanctum I would have just invited you directly," she said with an eye roll. As for the matter of Martha being sent well... "She was out when I needed to send messages. If she's with you... that's good, she tends to get antsy when she doesn't have something to beat up," Jeanne said with a casual shrug. If nothing else, Martha was most at home pummeling things to death, it was definitely worth her traveling with Charlemagne for a while. Actually now that she was thinking about it, Martha shared a few strange qualities with her siblings that she'd not noticed before. The Queen of Knights also got antsy after spending to long being idle, such was part of the reason for her current number of outbursts. "That was intense," Angelica stated. "Very much so," Sakura concurred. Of course, Charlemagne understanding Artoria's take, only bound them together further in her mind. She'd nodded at the lad. "If you find yourself incapable of ending it magically, I am more than happy to lend my sword to a worthy cause," she added knowing that slaughtering Saxons was among her favorite activities. Perhaps one day, someone would call Artoria on using chivalry as a blanket to hide her murderous nature, but it would not be today.

Not today. Apparently, the game of the day was distraction. The murderous intention of Artoria as well as her childish extra reactions were being glanced over. "Well if I am no bother, I suppose I will definitely have a look around," Artoria claimed as she aimed to position herself atop her sphinx friend for the duration of exploration. Such a child she was she was hugging the creature seeming pleased to be around it. Meanwhile, Nitocris was left to chuckle at the mention of a certain epic and the 'glory-seeking' nature of King Gilgamesh. "I've been meaning to read that one..." she said with a smile as she looked out at the cityscape. "Though I suppose if people are going to be looking around I should finish the job of decorating, it's all bones otherwise~" she chuckled. Her own magic seemed to spread out as she seemed to be peering into the depths of the cityscape. every room, every bathhouse, every closet, found itself being keenly dressed. The entire city looked like a showroom full of various design choices to fit the more modern look but also magical differences in color and material. She couldn't really help herself.

At the same time, Sakura received a thumbs up, her face blushing gently. She felt as if she'd done something good simply by utilizing her understanding. In having such a reaction she gained a bit more understanding even, still Charlemagne was curious about if they wanted to explore. "Of course we should look around. I hate when people don't see the stuff I do!" Angelica claimed knowing that appreciation was part of the main course. "I would also like to have a look around," claimed Sakura the work of the pharaohs was at least worth a full tour. Jeanne had already taken up a seat on the back of a sphinx with her sister knowing that the other young woman would enjoy a bit of company.

Charlemagne had nothing more to say. Of course, he wagered Jeanne would have been better off sending only one invitation to him, if Astolfo was going to be the security measure. If Martha was busy, she could have even sent Siegfried... though at that time, such a meeting would have been well beyond awkward and may have even resulted in open combat between the two. With only a sigh, Charlemagne let the matter go ─ and the same could be said of Artoria's outburst against someone she decided to lay with. That one was a massive can of worms he wouldn't be found anywhere near. Ah, but he couldn't keep away from the Saxons. He knew that; Artoria knew that. An offer of assistance would never be turned down against that infallible group. "I'll keep that in mind, and you'll be the first one I send word to if I have a problem with them again since they keep coming back stronger. Thanks," he said finally to the Queen of Knights, saluting against his chest as she mounted a sphinx to explore the Nexus.

Speaking of exploring the Nexus, Angelica seemed almost insistent that they do so. It all made sense, as she (like others of her ilk thus far) was always really invested in having others witness and appraise her creations. Sakura agreed to having a gander, and now that both pharaohs had contributed to the Nexus's new design, Charlemagne was even more interested as well. Ozymandias watched the three-way interaction and finally confirmed a three-way connection he'd been assuming this entire time. Upon making eye contact with Charlemagne, he gestured with a nod toward another sphinx. "Alright, let's have a look then," Charlemagne agreed. Without further ado, he moved toward the nearest unoccupied sphinx, presenting an open gesture for both goddesses to mount it before himself. After ensuring they were both elevated, he'd take up the rear against whichever mounted second. Then, they could move beyond the center plaza. . .

All the while, Ozymandias was waiting. It look as if one sphinx would be left to spare, just as he'd hoped. With one of the three remaining, he had a lookout available. He could confidently walk away from the gate, which still remained standing in the plaza, and walk down a street not taken by either other group. Along the way, he turned around to find Nitocris, whom he assumed would be following suit. "Right then. Just us. . ." he said suggestively.

It seemed Charlemagne was willing to let go the idea that Jeanne had gone about things the best way she could have at the time. He didn't have more to say to her as she joined her sister atop the sphinx they were to share. Artoria could easily dote upon her sister as they traveled, but she still took in the sight of Charlemagne. An offered salute as well as some words which made her smile. "I will look forward to it, Ladies!~" she said happily, giving a gentle inclination of her head to the two young goddesses. "See you later, Queen Nitocris, King Ozymandias~" she offered the pair with a raised hand. Artoria was genuinely pleased and Jeanne could only shake her head, only her sister would be so pleased about murdering people. Ah well, it was far from disturbing at this point. And off they went, with wide eyes to explore.

At the same time, both younger goddesses were ushered towards a Sphinx. Who would be mounting first? Well, Sakura but Angelica would end up sliding in front of her, as if she was in a rush to see everything else. This of course would leave Charlemagne pressed against Sakura's rear, while Sakura would find herself wrapped around Angelica's waist. "Oh? Right..." Angelica murmured realizing she'd put herself at Sakura's mercy once again. "Goodbye Pharaohs," Sakura said as she squeezed Angelica's waist.

And after they would make their way into a random direction it would be Ozymandias and Nitocris standing alone. A smirk would come to Nitocris's face as she followed Ozymandias. "Yes, just us two.... there is no problem with that though... we have a baby to work on after all~" she claimed with a smug smirk crossing her face. Surely they could make a baby while everyone else explored their new city.

Page 85 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast