Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

With all orders of business taken care of, there was only one thing left to do for Marisbury. That thing, apparently, was taking the young brunette on a shopping date in a lingerie store. One couldn't expect such an event anywhere in one's future, even whilst being clairvoyant. Nevertheless, he had no qualms. Hand-in-hand, they'd be parting with the others after a momentary exchange between friends. He could see the coming dismay of Kazuhiko, and knew there was no further need of their presence. As such, outside he led. Only when they entered the streets of Osaka did he speak to the girl again. "By the way, I am twenty-seven by human standards," he said, noting the fact that they were in Japan and committing a few social taboos at once ─ not the least of which was simple hand-holding.

Explaining the payout of a trading card tournament was becoming the last of Kazuhiko's worries. He'd given enough information; it was now time to grieve an incredible loss. What did he miss? Simply put, he'd missed the opportunity of a lifetime. Another full year would pass before such an opportunity presented itself again, and he'd then have to deal with a completely different format, going against completely different decks. The better part of the last year had been put into the deck he currently had prepared, so what would he do now that so much was required of him beyond the game? "I missed the world tournament. 1.5 million yen and a full playset of every card ever printed... and the championship. There's an accessory every year, and I wanted the ring!" he complained, still unable to rise from his knees.

Buying lingerie was already a rather stressful thing. While Miko wasn't exactly the skittish deerling she'd been in the other world, she was far from the type to go into such stores with confidence. Of course, she was oddly comfortable with quite a few other things already. Even their hand-holding hadn't registered as a problem in her mind. Well, just because it hadn't hit her mind didn't mean it wasn't hitting anyone else's. Hand-holding had a taboo, and so likely did the age difference between the two walking together hand in hand. Marisbury, didn't miss it. He even spoke on it. "Ah, right, it's been a while... I've gotten very comfortable with a lot of things lately..." she mused. "I should let go, but I don't want to..." she murmured softly looking quite shy. "I'm also only seventeen like this... is that a problem for you?" she asked the man curiously. Actually, now that she was thinking about it, a lot of taboos within Japanese culture didn't make sense. She was a stickler for following the rules but technically speaking she wasn't breaking any. She was very familiar with laws as they were written as well as their interpretation... it wasn't illegal for her to hold hands with this man. It also wasn't illegal for her to go out on a date with him. As such she wouldn't feel bad as they walked through the streets, though she'd be very conscious of eyes on her, not that she thought herself to be a recognizable person.

At the same time, Kazuhiko was drowning in the sorrows of his missed opportunity. Kaguya had laid back out and sighed for him... "That is a tough break. That's a lot of cash for a high school student," she stated knowing that the kind of money he missed out on, could have long term uses for lots of people. Meanwhile, Sakura was having to process quite a bit about Kazuhiko's laments. "So you're sad because you didn't get to try and win the prizes after preparing them and all. Sou ka... it's alright," she said giving him a gentle pat on the head. She looked at his cards content to still learn if he was going to say something else. She didn't know the true limits of this tournament, but perhaps it was like the Holy Grail wars everyone had been talking about. "You know it's really hard to chastise you about skipping class to play cards when you sound so disappointed and you didn't even get to play..." Saori mentioned willing to leave the lad alone. She knew she would have been heart broken if she'd not been able to compete in her various martial arts tournaments.

Marisbury wondered what sort of response he'd get to recent mentions. Miko had no desire to release his hand, even at the cost of various odd looks from passersby. She even went on to question whether her age was an issue for him, or not. Naturally, Marisbury didn't care ─ he couldn't care. Whether the gap between them was ten years or a thousand years, he'd see no difference. "Problem? No; I think it's fortuitous. We're much closer than we would be under any other circumstance, and I think... you're almost complete," he commented, glancing at the lass and seeing through to the soul within. "As long as you're not bothered by the looks, it's all fine with me. I can't see other people right now," he added. Though Marisbury's statement had some romantic implications, those words were quite true. His sight was only capable of registering Iino Miko, perhaps because of her spiritual quality among lesser creatures, or perhaps due to selective acknowledgement. Whichever it was, other people walking the streets didn't even have faces to him.

Kazuhiko would never recover from this mishap... at least not for another two years. He barely had the motivation now to seek local tournaments for money. Was it even worthwhile to keep playing? Well, he couldn't exactly stop. Maybe he'd just have to become a casual player. Yes, someone like Saori, his teacher, would probably call it the better choice, right? Perhaps not. Even she couldn't say anything about Kazuhiko playing hooky after seeing the state he was in now. "Is this pity? If I'm getting pity now, it's all over. My career as a pro player is over before it really started. I'm not a Templar anymore either. Seventeen, lost two jobs... I should become a shut-in."

Miko got to observe some very interesting things from Marisbury. The first of which was his lack of response to the various looks of oddity they were receiving. He didn't seem to care about the odd looks and as such Miko found herself slightly emboldened. What was more, he went on to claim specifically that this age gap between them could be called fortuitous and as such he had no issues with it. She was inwardly quite relieved, and though they received odd looks she couldn't bother herself with caring about it. "Well, if we both have agreed it isn't a problem I can't worry about anyone else. I wonder about that... but I'll take your word for it..." she said at last about her completion. She knew herself to be teetering on various amounts of crazed all the time. Even so... she'd not be upset if being complete was helpful to her. But then Marisbury statements went a bit further. He claimed that he couldn't see anyone else presently and that he wasn't bothered by anything that didn't bother her. "Ah.... hai!" the girl managed in a supreme state of blushing. She wasn't sure how to completely interpret his words but she felt them to be quite romantic. Though she supposed it could have also been magical there was still some implication of her superiority to all other issues of the day so it couldn't really be considered a problem for her regardless. "I don't know how to take what you just said, but it makes me really happy..." she murmured, content to quietly discuss things with Marisbury as they walked towards shops.

Beyond this there was the matter of the now sullen Kazuhiko. He seemed to take Saori's words as pity and was spiraling into a dark place. All things considered he claimed to have failed in two aspects of his life. Kaguya knew that sort of downtrodden attitude, but not knowing the lad for very long she wasn't sure how to help him with it. "Oi oi, this is still Japan you know... can't just go around becoming a NEET. Besides you aren't quite there yet, considering the 'scouting'," she mentioned to the lad. Besides that obviously all of his prospects weren't yet exhausted. They were all technically being scouted by the Ashikaga, and given that could secure jobs for life if they applied themselves. Or so the tales went. "No one is pitying you, Kimura. It's empathy... we all hit our own walls at different points," Saori said. "Still, I only lecture to keep a certain amount of balance it isn't my intention to take away from others things which truly make them happy. Which is why I only gave you a little bit of shit for skipping my class..." she asked him as a matter of consideration. "What's a NEET?" Sakura asked seeming to not understand that particular acrynonym.

"That's the spirit. Let's just focus on having a good time," Marisbury suggested, continuing down the street toward the nearby shopping district. His earlier words were a clear source of happiness for the brunette he accompanied, even as admitted by the girl herself. What had she taken from that? Whatever her interpretation, it didn't matter; results were the important thing. Marisbury's intention fell into a similar boat, as all possibilities led to the same general meaning. "If you're happy, good. It gives you a glow that's even more radiant than normal," he admitted. Closer and closer they drew, and Marisbury thought to broach another topic for the second time, now that the thought appeared again. "So, what are your intentions, Iino-chan? I'm very curious," he asked.

Kazuhiko couldn't become a NEET. Sure he could! He couldn't become a professional player, and he was no longer the Holy Emperor of the Templars. What more was there? Nothing. Sure, they were being scouted by the Ashikaga company, but he didn't care about that. "I don't want that job. I just want to do cool stuff and have a great time," he stated plainly. As for the title of NEET, Sakura was unfamiliar. Of course she was. Only humans who placed a standard on participating in society would come up with such an acronym. "Not in Education, Employment, or Training. Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? Just... sitting there, not contributing to anything, never being let down by failed expectations... it's awesome," he rambled. At this point, Kazuhiko was a lost cause ─ at least for a few more minutes. Ah, but time would pass, and he'd bounce back as always. There was always another year to win a tournament, after all.

Having a good time was the focus. Given the hand she was holding and the company she was keeping she could do that with relative ease. She wasn't even as uncomfortable as she thought she might have been with her belly button showing as they walked along. What was more, Miko's ears would be flooded with words she heard as compliments in a tone and cadence she found quite enticing in general. Even as a perfectly normal human she found it appealing to be in this man's presence. "You saying it like that makes me wonder a bit what your vision is like. Still it's quite romantic, you know? Most of the things you've said could be taken as flirtations..." she expressed. She was taking his speech that way, but that was a matter of her personal preference. Beyond that she was enthused. As for his question of her intentions, it was one she'd not answered before... right. It would have been really awkward to let her brain blurt out something that sounded desperate, 'I intend to fuck you but I still want to get to know you first,' might have been a little to aggressive. And a bit on the nose. "Well, you're kind of a mystery to me. So, I wanted to get to know you a bit better. Besides I like the way your voice sounds so I wanted to talk to you more. I am a bit more impulsive the way I am now so I went with it as the option presented itself," she said honestly. The simple truth was, this girl wanted to interact with this man. "Besides, I've never been on a date before... so it felt like it could be fun this way," she finished up a gentle smile on her face as she looked up at him. And with this in mind she'd walk along knowing she already knew his favorite kinds of music and about his powers working in the future, but that didn't mean she understood what he was like at his base.

One of the most surprising things Kaguya would ever hear, was that someone wasn't really interested in working for the Ashikagas. "You're a maverick at least..." she said with a cheeky smirk. She assumed he would be the type to mope for a bit longer and get over it. She had quite a few friends like that and if he didn't need coddling she wouldn't bother trying to offer it. Meanwhile the acronym NEET was explained to Sakura who heard it and understood. "Sou ka, that explanation makes sense," she express. The extra words he spoke sounded like sarcasm to her but she wasn't exactly sure about what that would mean. "Though it doesn't seem like you'd be able to just have fun and do things without being involved with some of that stuff..." she said seeming to have come to some odd conclusions about the way humans put together their societies. She'd allow him to mope while looking at the cards he'd been looking at. They were very interesting and she wondered how such a thing ended up transferred to this world.

There were many ways for Marisbury's statement to be taken. Of the list, Miko decided to believe it was romantic. That was probably for the best. "That's good. If you're taking it as flirtation and receiving it positively, I'm glad. That's how my approach to you should be," he affirmed. Whatever the connection between Miko and his future self was, he knew it involved some deep level of intimacy ─ both physical and spiritual. One might wonder the exact nature of their connection, however. Marisbury wondered, and it seemed Miko had two reactions to the second coming of that very question. Internally, she spoke of truth. Externally, she spoke... not a lie, but something more in accordance with social norms. That was fine, however, as her voiced intentions were what one would expect in such partnerships as theirs ─ at least according to what Marisbury saw within her. "I understand. We have a bond the likes of which I've yet to see, and it's worth more than a passing glance. I think we could have a lot of fun together. Though..." He paused, knowing words spoken and senses delivered were not the same intensity at all. "If you're censoring yourself for my benefit, you don't have to bother. I can feel that isn't the whole story," he added.

Kazuhiko was no maverick; he was a shell. Nothing could let him overcome this great loss of self. He'd actually be better off becoming a NEET, surely. Alas, the world did not agree... and neither did he outside of this very moment. After sulking about for a bit, Kazu dragged himself up from the floor. One day, perhaps. One day, he'd get that championship, even if he had to invent AoE TCG in the other world and win at his own game! For now, he had cards and a need of yen. "You're not wrong, Saku. What's life without card games? Well... adventuring is a good stand-in. Anyway, I guess I should go looking for a local shop to see if I can register. If I can, I'll get a few practice games in," he said while brushing himself off.

Miko was currently being very well received. As she walked hand-in-hand with Marisbury, the man claimed that it was good that she was taking his words as positive flirtation. "This is going much easier than I expected, I may have been more antsy than I noticed originally," Miko mused about her current situation. It was quite pleasant knowing that she wasn't misinterpreting any signs. And though she was being struck by an incredible amount of desire just by being in Marisbury's presence, she wasn't having a bad time spaking with him at all. She'd even managed to answer his question in a way which didn't leave her completely embarrassed. She was even patting herself on the back about it until Marisbury spoke again, she couldn't help but be happy hearing that he thought they could have fun together. He even claimed their bond was something more than just a passing one which made her happy considering his placement in her all time favorite people list. Ah, but there was more to it than that... some soft words were spoke about the way she'd changed her speech. Her eyes widened at the news and she couldn't keep the shock off her face. 'Waaaah!~ He's on to us!' she nearly cried in her mind. "Hai... I mean... I'll try. If I am being honest, I don't really mean to censor. It's just that my thoughts are a bit... more aggressive than I'm used to lately. It's a bit complicated," Miko admitted. She felt like she was going through the roughest part of puberty a great deal later than her peers. Even so, she wouldn't claimed to dislike Marisbury nor could she see herself being anything but honest even if only in a roundabout way.

While Miko began to devolve in her conversation with Marisbury, or perhaps evolve depending on the perspective, Sakura was told of her rightness in understanding. Apparently, Kazuhiko was content enough after a few moments of sulking to decide it was worth while to go to card shops and actually play some rounds. Sakura's eyes lit up at the mention. "Oh? I want to go too and learn how to play. I just... need a moment okay?" she said quickly. She stood up in that moment and began walking towards the bathroom and thus the gateway to the other world. And soon after she was disappearing from the front and through the door. Upon finishing that up she passed through hte gate and then used some form of teleportation to do something in the heart of Munetsuchi. She would be gone for just a few minutes before making a return.

"Give yourself some credit," Marisbury insisted. There was no need for the girl to be antsy about anything, as he saw it. Perhaps she saw herself looking up into the sky in situations such as this? Marisbury thought that, if that were the case, she was wrong; she was looking across a plateau. "I want to be here as much as you do. Maybe more? It's difficult to tell," he assured. Now then, what of Miko's censorship of self? She alleged a certain aggressiveness to her thoughts while seeming shocked that he broached the topic. The functionality of her thoughts, as alleged, reminded Marisbury of his own mother ─ though she was aggressive in general at times. "Aggressive thoughts are fine. I think just it means you have a passion for something," he claimed. Miko hadn't shared her true thoughts, whether on purpose or otherwise, and that had been noticed. Would he press the matter? Certainly not... though his expression as he watched Miko made clear his acknowledgement.

The decision to find a local card shop was one Kazuhiko was always headed towards. He'd reached the conclusion he was fated to, but it was not to be a solo undertaking. Sakura expressed her desire to join him and learn the game, effectively lifting his spirits a bit. "Really? Yeah, that's awesome! I'll bring my extra cards so you can make a deck," he agreed. While Sakura went about whatever business she had, Kazu fixed his deck box to his hip and grabbed his case. While waiting, he wondered what sort of deck Sakura would be interested in playing. That thought process would carry him through the entire waiting period, however long it would be.

Apparently, Miko was to give herself some credit. She gave it a bit of thought, she'd landed this date on her own and though a bit of anxiety was in her nature, she didn't feel ill at ease in Marisbury's company. "Hai!" she affirmed seemingly with a bit more confidence. Of course, he went on to make claims which her mind could process as his interest in her and her interest in him being about equivalent or maybe even leaning in his direction more than hers. If that was the case, then this wasn't a shot in the dark far outside of her normal understanding. It was the meeting of close to equivalent existences. "Really? I wasn't expecting that even as a potential. It's great, really..." she murmured a small blush on her face. She was dressed like a little bear on a date with an older man and managing to not completely fall apart. She was doing much better than she thought she would in this situation. He even went on to ease her mind over her aggressive thoughts, claiming that it meant she felt passionate about something. "Sou ka, I'm not really used to feeling passionate about most things. Well except music well and one other thing or rather person but that one feels embarrassing to admit to," she said lightly. Perhaps that was the disconnect. Still this was a date, she had to ask him questions about stuff and actually pick his brain aside from the information he so freely offered. "What do you feel passionately about? Random hobbies you can't get over?" she asked the man with a small smile on her face. She was genuinely interested in the inner workings of his mind. And she knew enough that he could even express them pretty freely without it being odd.

Kazuhiko seemed to perk up quite a bit at the idea of Sakura accompanying him to the card shop. Whatever she left to do, he packed himself up and seemed to get ready immediately. Ever quiet in the corner Kaguya watched him ready himself with a smirk. 'Ah, that's why they're friends...' she mused given the lad's current similarity to her friend and his ability to pick himself up using his medium of choice. Saori for her part in the day went to relax as well, given she wouldn't have much to do until the rest of her clothes arrived. Soon enough after just a few minutes Sakura returned with her phone in her hands. "Alright, I took care of what I needed to and look!" she said, showing the lad a picture of a blue haired child with blue eyes who shared some various traits between the pair of them and a touch of Angelica given his coloration.

Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast