Page 100 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1556

Thread: Charles Patricius

To no one's surprise, Sakura rejected the idea of being taken all the way to Saitama by someone she'd just met. She was here with some group that she had to keep close to. Such was normal for many teens and young adults, so Shota didn't read into it very much. "Well it's not like I plan on showing you right now. Maybe we keep in touch, and I... eventually show you," he suggested as if to imply interest in long-term association.

Speaking of long-term, Sakura seemed to be playing the long game on two fronts. For one, she questioned his ability to spark her interest. It seemed neither arrogant nor malicious coming from her mouth, so Shota didn't take it as such. No, that was a curiosity... perhaps an interest in its own right? "I think so. I do know I could show you thinks you've never imagined. You don't seem too disinterested in something like that~" he bantered further. Now then, there was another tactic being utilized by the lass. Her mana for the turn was used to set a trap. Shota gazed at the face-down card while drawing to start his turn. "I'll summon a second basic knight and attack with both," he said as another card was placed. Shota still had two mana remaining for the turn, which he wasn't done with quite yet. What would come of Sakura's most recent card, though? He wondered if, and when, it would come into play.

Kakihara was odd to Sakura. Her response to not leaving the area was met by the idea that it wasn't an offer to be taken immediately. This lad apparently wanted to keep in touch with her and maybe take her to Saitama some undisclosed time in the future. She'd been lead to believe that such connections of long lasting natures weren't things sought by humans within moments of knowing others. "Sou ka, that's what you meant," she said not giving an affirmative answer one way or another. In truth, seeing new places was a potentially exciting prospect, but she saw no reason to do so with Kakihara over Kazuhiko.

Oddly enough her found her statements not to be negative in anyway. It was strange for her to have a human not misunderstand her meaning. What was more... he came with more flirty banter to go along with what she'd said. Even making the claim that he could show her things she never imagined. Well that was intriguing. There was a hint of fluctuation behind those normally impassive eyes. "You have no idea the things I have seen or imagined. Though it'd always be interesting to learn something beyond my own experiences..." she spoke those words with no teasing quality to her voice but something inching towards more interest than she'd shown before. As for the match, it was heating up as well. After setting her singular card it would be activating after the damage she took. "After damage, I'll activate Divinity's Echo, which allows me to summon 1/1 Mages with Hexproof equal to the amount of damage I took..." she said. if uninterrupted she would soon have a wall of four 1/1 servants to occupy her once open field before he completed his turn. She'd wait for a while after that knowing that her hand would allow her a bit more leeway even if she lost one or two more servants in the meantime. "Is that right? Stack resolution seems to say that this will resolve before your turn's end and whatever else you plan to do..." she said almost curiously. She was still rather interested in the game at hand if nothing else she'd have to keep in mind what to relay to Kazuhiko when she finished the battle, if he wasn't able to spectate it before the end.

Sakura's response to Shota's boast came with a bit of bite, but moreover a sense of intrigue furthered by her second statement to the same clause. She was taking the proverbial bait, as he saw things. Shota even picked up a hint of something beyond the normal impassiveness shown in the girl's face. "You're right; I don't know. But then, you don't know if I'm right or wrong without finding out. The way you make things sound, you could even show me a new thing or two. It's nice helping each other out, isn't it?" he asked in a seemingly earnest manner. That flirtatious tone remained in Shota's voice as he shared those words, and of course... he wasn't done just yet. "And I'll keep showing you the tricks of the game."

Lo and behold, Sakura had some tricks of her own to show. The attacks she so recently received did indeed activate her trap, allowing the summoning of four new Servants to her field. Shota nodded, having no response to give within the game. "Hai hai, they resolve in reverse order. Unless I respond with another Magecraft that has no incantation restriction, your summons happen immediately after damage calculation. But, my turn isn't over," he proclaimed. Two more mana were spent for Shota's third summon. "I'll play Swiftblade Knight, naturally a 1/2 with Double Strike and Haste. Swiftblade will attack one of your mages, and that'll end my turn."

There were many things said by Kakihara which made a great deal of sense to Sakura. The man seemed to understand the nature of learning things through one's own experience as well as relying on others to expand one's knowledge. His words had the potential to resonate even without any subtext applied. "Helping each other is always nice, no interaction should be one sided..." she agreed tacitly. Of course, that wasn't to say she was completely onboard with this lad's obvious desires just yet. She understood them and they were even interesting. He was near her senses in such a way as to not be abrasive and she didn't find his potency to be off either. And with the game they were playing he was proving that his head wasn't completely empty either, which was a bonus for those like Sakura who might have sought more than just the physical aspects of her research. "I am liking this game enough already to want to keep learning it..." she said honestly. Perhaps picking his brain a bit was worth extra effort potentially involved. She'd have to consider it a possibility at the very least.

Moving on to their match, it seemed her understanding of stacks was correct. She got to summon her four mages for the sake of her own defense and that was a good thing. With that working the way she thought it did, she gained a bit of comfort in her play. "Sou ka, I'm glad it works that way..." she said immediately. There was a certain happiness that came with understanding something new, it brought a happier light to her eyes than anything aside from Kazuhiko could at this point. It became immediately easier for her to strategize. Even though she lost one of her summons as his turn ended, it didn't matter much for her current strategy. "Draw..." she murmured. "I use two mana to play Medea, 1/1 Mage with Hexproof and Banding," she mentioned seeing as it wasn't usually known what kind of actions servants could take. "With Metis as my Ruler, Mage servants with abilities gain Flash, which lets them be cast as instants for one less mana cost. Medea's ability is Pain Breaker which costs 1 now 0, and heals the Ruler for the amount of combined offensive power on my side of the field. So I healed four damage to my Ruler," she said waiting to see if something would potentially be activated. She'd read that some things could be activated from the hand and didn't know what kind of cards the lad had in his deck to answer. She also wasn't sure where her own deck would have fit into any potential META discussions. So, she'd wait a moment before ending her turn.

"Yeah, see? You get it," Shota affirmed. It was always best to help one another out, be it in hobbies or other endeavors. As he saw it, they could easily help one another's quality of life via methods that had nothing to do with trading card games. "You know the best people to get help from? People with experience. As your luck would have it, I've got more experience than most. And... I know how to use it," he said, quite confident in his resume of deviance. Sakura also expressed increased interest in the game, which meant she may become a regular at the shop. Shota had all kinds of ideas as he considered that potential. "It's a great game. Seems like you've also made yourself a nice deck. Good job~"

Something changed in Sakura's visage as her playing experience developed ─ something more expressive than her introductory moments. Her appeal was even higher with that twinkle in her eye. Whatever the case, it was Sakura's turn. The Servant she played was one that benefited greatly from her Ruler's supporting ability ─ more so than most he could remember from that set. "Oh? That's a legacy play. Most people don't play Medea in Metis comps anymore. There's nothing wrong with it; it's a really good tech play. So far, you've turned damage received into presence on the battlefield, and even reversed the damage. If you didn't tell me this was your first time playing, I'd think you were a regular in tournaments somewhere else. Clever clever, Tohcchi~♥"

Did Sakura get it? Of course she did. She was far from stupid but this kind of activity was as far as she understood it, well outside of standard human behavior. Or perhaps what she'd been observing were non-standard humans. Munetsuchi was an outlier she understood that, but this lad flirted and behaved like someone closer to native than those she'd been accompanying for the last few days. Though they each had their own quiet desires they shared them as secrets. That seemed to be standard in this case as well. what he had to say he said to Sakura alone. Perhaps this was simply the way. Still there was an implication that Sakura was lucky to encounter this lad, that he had a good idea of what to do with the knowledge he'd amassed in life. "Hm? That actually sounds interesting," she mentioned. Truthfully she didn't expect to come across anything resembling wisdom in this world. And anything she could use for her future endeavors was to be gathered and tested. "I just read the cards and added the ones I liked that could benefit from what I chose as my Ruler..." she explained of her own processes. It would seem that her choices in this game were good. That was good information to have, she'd make sure to share her findings with Kazuhiko. At the very least, Kakihara had crossed the threshold to become an object of study.

Moving on, her play didn't seem to be interrupted. Instead the lad just commented upon her use of a specific card. Apparently, Medea wasn't used often in Metis based compositions anymore. Which meant that the tactic she used was previously well known but now might not be so. He analyzed her understanding at this point calling the choice a 'tech play'. "Odd.... I'm not familiar with the term tech play," she mentioned. "Everything I've chosen I did with the intention of figuring out how to make the combinations work. I am happy the tactic is well received," she finished. As it stood there was a bit of an issue going on. She couldn't start attacking his side of the field too readily. His creatures were stronger and being buffed by his Magecraft. But she had an answer for that... but it'd require a bit more set up. in the mean time she'd observe his actions. "I'll end my turn," she offered the man since nothing else was played immediately. By her own approximation she was likely to lose a few more mages but she had a plan to deal with that as well. But it'd take a while.

As time passed in that little card shop. The convenience store was being vacated by its owner. It would seem that Rita had shared all the imformation she thought she could and was leaving Hiroshi and his young companion to running the store for the rest of the night. She was getting off work significantly earlier than normal. It was quite refreshing so she hurried home in the hopes of greeting her husband and perhaps, rekindling the romantic aspect of their relationship that was sorely lacking. Ah, but even the best laid plans came with complications. By the time she got home, freshened up and exited the bath her husband was... asleep in bed. Given his look, he'd likely been that way for a while. Oh well... perhaps she'd be able to put a bit more time into it the next day. Maybe a nice homemade dinner and a quick stop by the shops for some sexy lingerie. There wa a smile on Rita's face as she became pleased beyond reason about the future of her relationship. And maybe... they could even discuss his taking fewer hours if all went well. She'd not even gotten the chance to call him or speak to him about the good news.

Interesting, Sakura called his proposition. The true thing of interest was the fact that Sakura never firmly established her intentions, or lack thereof in whichever case. "You're a tough nut to crack," Shota admitted. In any normal circumstance, he'd be sure exactly where he stood by now. Sakura's strangeness was in the fact that he could tell there was progress, but never how much. Perhaps he'd have to work on expanding his repertoire.

The term 'tech play' was a new concept to Sakura. That made sense for someone not adjusted to playing this sort of game; it was something rarely or never heard anywhere else. In her lack of understanding the phrase, however, she went on to explain her actions... which was precisely Shota's point. "That. That's a tech play. It usually refers to a card most people wouldn't think of using in a certain deck. If you look at meta decks, you'll see some special differences from one to another most times. Those are cards the deck's owner slid in to fit their own playstyle and make their version of the deck work better for them. Something like this," Shota continued while drawing his card for the next turn. Upon slipping that into his hand, he pulled another and put it into play. "I'll pay three mana to set a Magecraft, then summon another basic knight. All three knights will attack your mages. That's it for my turn," he said. He wouldn't be trying to get rid of Medea, as this was still a learning game. Once Sakura drew her card for the next turn, however, his set Magecraft would be flipped. "Dreadful Depletion. Two mana from your turn becomes mine, with the condition that it be used by itself."

In the meantime, Hiroshi and Kaguya found themselves alone in the convenience store. Rita managed a fair enough explanation of the business flow in this establishment, but as he stood amidst the aisles, Hiroshi knew there were very few things among all those packages he understood. "Ridiculous. I can hardly consider this worth my being employed if I don't commit to the trade. I'll need to know everything possible," he said absently, turning to Kaguya thereafter. "I take it you are familiar enough with all these items? A lesson is in order."

"People aren't nuts... they shouldn't crack," Sakura said aloud with that completely deadpan expression of hers. Anyone who knew her, truly would know she was absolutely serious in saying such a thing, but she let that singular sentence go without much thought. She didn't know that her own demeanor wasn't truly understood and she couldn't know that anyone thought she was being coy or playing hard to get. She was far too literal to be doing something like that purposefully.

Whatever the case, she received a proper definition of the term 'tech play' and it was... the thing she'd done. Specifically it was playing a card which wasn't often seen to make one's own playstyle work. "Sou ka... that makes sense. All people should play like that," she said. Gaining information was fine, knowing how to use it to make yourself or those around you better was wise. This she fully understood as a child of wisdom. What was more she was soon shown Kakihara's own play type. He seemed willing to summon another knight and attack her pre-existing summons. But not Medea. Perhaps this was the type of handicap he spoke of. She had mentioned she didn't need such a thing but maybe there was something more to it? He also set a Magecraft which made her believe he was up to something. As she drew that spell was activated and it was interesting. Apparently, it would give him two of her Mana which he had to use separately. She looked at the cards she had in her hand including the one she just drew. She'd planned a specific action but it seemed an adjustment would need to be made to overcome the lack of mana she had to work with. "Sou ka, that's an interesting card. Will it remain for all of my turns or am I only being shorted this one?" she asked in a straight-forward way. Kakihara's answer would determine her shift in strategy.

At the same time, Kaguya and Hiroshi were now alone in the convenience store. It would appear that Hiroshi was a very interesting man, or rather former elf, deciding to completely dedicate himself to learning everything about the convenience store. "Sou ka, that's pretty admirable. Not to discourage you or anything, but this just isn't the kind of job people normally put that kind of effort into," she said for the sake of sharing information. As for her knowledge of things in the store she gave a casual shrug. "I can't tell you too much about the technology but I have a pretty decent understanding of most things. I am a modern teen..." she said with a flirty little smirk coming to her face. She began to have a thorough look around. "Point out anything you really don't understand... I'll try and keep a list going so you can get the most of it," she said having some idea of where this could be going.

Shota offered a very common phrase, and was given the most literal response possible. That deadpan expression made him want to believe she was serious. Could that be the reason Sakura, a total unknown, suddenly appeared in a card shop? Maybe she was some rich shut-in who finally escaped her cage of a home to discover the joys of real, authentic human interaction. If that were the case, perhaps Shota was even luckier than he anticipated. "It's just a saying, Tohcchi~. It just means you're difficult to figure out," he explained.

At the start of Sakura's turn, two of her available mana to spend were taken for Shota's following turn. She had only half the available resources for this turn, but she'd not yet play anything. No, the girl instead sought additional explanation from her opponent. "It only lasts for the turn. There is a stronger play that drains the opponent every turn, but... this deck can't handle a card like that," he said, knowing that a turn-by-turn mana drain was a very rare card that was difficult to fit in any deck, as many legendary-rarity cards were. "I do have a copy of that card though. Maybe you'd be able to use it better than me. Though... I wouldn't just let it go for nothing."

While Sakura considered the path her next turn would take, Hiroshi considered the acquisition of necessary knowledge. As Kaguya alleged, this sort of job was not one people gave such commitment to. Poppycock, he thought. "If it is a job, it should be done to the fullest of one's ability. Have a look around, consider what each item you see is, and come back to me; I can get by on the basic understanding of everything," he said. Hiroshi would take all knowledge available at Kaguya's leisure. With that simple request made, he returned to the register. There were no customers in the building at present, but as he understood it, that was to be his primary place of operation.

Sakura's literal response to a euphemism seemed to gain her more understanding. "Sou ka..." she found herself murmuring. She'd set these sayings aside along with a mental note to ask more about them. They seemed pretty close to sarcasm and she didn't like how much was being hidden by human speech simply because they were lacking in the ability to be literal. Ah, but her gripes with humanity would have to wait for a while longer. Mostly due to her own advancement. The spell used by this lad, lasted only for the turn. There was apparently another card which would last multiple turns but he couldn't make it work within the confines of his deck. "I'd have to know exactly what it did to want to offer anything for it," she said about the card. But knowing that she wouldn't be stunned for turns to come, she supposed she could actually give her own turn a proper play through.

"Alright, I think I know what to do..." she said finally. "I'll use my two mana to play the Magecraft, Trench Raiding, which I can activate for two mana when you have more servants than I do on the field. It will allow me to gain mana equal to the number of servants you have on the field which is four," she expressed waiting to see if she'd be getting any reactions or shut downs. There was a card in her hand she intended to play a few turns from now, but it seemed like she'd be overwhelmed if she didn't drop it in this turn given Kakihara's field advantage. If her stack was allowed to continue she had five mana which she would use to summon a very specific card which had been in her hand since her first turn. A blonde man looked at her in the card, and though he was quite skinny she found his ability was fairly useful and would help her shift the tides of this battle while she fished for more controlling options within her cards. Things were getting quite intense, at the very least Sakura seemed to be enjoying the game which provided her new challenges at every interaction. She'd have to be sure to share her newfound joy with Kazuhiko.

In the meantime, Kaguya was hearing a bit more of the elf mentality from Hiroshi. This man seemed to think that any job which should be completed should be done to the best of one's ability. "Sou ka, high fantasy elf that lives in the magical world equivalent of a utopia. Probably with a little classism thrown in, gotta love high fantasy tropes," she murmured seeming to understand how an elf would end up with ideations like the ones that Hiroshi expressed while never having visited the homeland of elves within the world of Alaya. Regardless she'd do her part to help the elf get well acquainted with his job. "Still, I'll make sure to keep the stores items in mind. Be right back," she claimed. She had a casual walk around the store. Noting everything from laundry detergent to quick foods. It'd take her about five minutes to have a good hold of the entire stock of the store, but once she did... she'd return to Hiroshi's side to find out how he planned to take his lesson.

Page 100 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast