Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

Bad decision stalker, she called him. What an interesting little title that was. He could be called such a thing, even if for reasons beyond their current discussion. In this case, however, no bad decisions were made. How could that title hold any weight? "You're assuming a bad decision was made because you've been taught something stupid. Let me tell you something ─ There's no such thing as a bad decision if it's something you really want to do. Yes, that includes pummeling the kid over there," he said, nodding toward Astolfo, who was... oddly unconscious for some time now.

Martha was relentless. In hearing a few more details, she assumed his intention was to correct one bad decision with another. That sort of thing, in all technicality, was possible... but not here. "You made the right decision. I'm telling you to make an even better decision to take your life to a new level. It's one of those exchanges that are only regrettable before you make them, but I don't expect many people from Gaia to understand that," he prattled. As for her dignity and sense of self, he knew those to be very... human notions. "A cost of intangibles based on shackles of your own mentality. If you believe your own words and think that is anything but the traditions you were raised under, then I won't press matters. Traditions are a funny thing though, aren't they? Would you take peer pressure from the dead? I'd hazard a guess that you've never fit into established conventions before... but here you are, clinging to the one nobody has the right to judge you for."

Mugen had much to say, but he was mostly musing at nothing, letting little observations fall from his lips casually. There was one more observation made as he peered into Martha's heart. Ah, she had another desire. "Kaze ni sasayaku~ Nozomi wa ikizuku, mienu te~ Yume, kage mau~♪" he chanted. Reality began to warp around the pair, trees and bushes becoming heavy bags and medicine balls of varying sizes, textures and densities. "Do with those what you will," he said, moving on to the other comments made by the saint. "A hot guy? Interesting. That reference keeps appearing. I do wonder. If you don't think it wise to act on the first passing thought, the message from your soul that there is something it wants ahead... what are your second, third and fourth thoughts? Let's hear them~♥"

The man before Martha had more words to share. If she were taking his meaning correctly, her decisions today weren't bad. They were instead, shaded as bad by opinions which were wrong at their foundations. According to this man she should do what she wanted to do, including but not limited to beating up the still sleeping Astolfo. "I mean I am going to do that anyway, he earned a beating when we saw each other yesterday, it's just compounding," she said of beating up Astolfo. It's odd how she determined the rightness of those actions but didn't see the potential for the rest of her decisions to be just as sturdy in their foundations. There were a few other issues, with what he said, even though she was willing to believe that most of her problems surrounding interpersonal relationships were steeped in stupidity, it was foundationally all she had to work with, it was logical even based on her entire life before this magical world. Perhaps it was more accurate to say, that this was the price those of Gaia paid to come to Alaya with their memories and personalities intact.

Ah but there was more, according to him, she hadn't made a bad decision, she'd made a right one. And she could make a better one and move forward more. He further claimed that this exchange only seemed regrettable before hand and that he didn't expect people from Gaia to fully understand that point. Perhaps, Martha did understand in some way, actually this man sounded more like a peer-review partner, who... upon reading a paper picked the most abstract line and suggested a restart with this as the focus. There were claims that could be made about the usefulness of this sort of thing, but it was still hard to conceptualize. Her problem here was layers of complexity. She'd had sex with one guy today, having sex with another could only be seen as negative. Yes, she fully acknowledged that she could be as free with herself as she wished, but that didn't stop the nagging stigma from hanging over her head like an axe, creating tension that wouldn't help her think either. Further more, he even said it. Explaining this whole thing as the shackles of her own mentality and... peer-pressure from the dead. 'Considering I fell to my body and a fem-boy I wouldn't really be surprised at this point,' she sucked air between her teeth and clicked her tongue. This was an annoying conversation to be having with a complete stranger. Whether she fit into standard conventions or not, she did at least try to be reasonable... she didn't see that as a negative. She was even willing to assume that she couldn't be judged fully but that didn't stop the nagging sensation. For a little while she'd quietly think over several things... but while she did this she became more and more tense, only that would soon be changing.

Why? Well, this man seemed to give a little haiku and in so doing... created the kind of room she was most used to seeing when frustration and her mind got in the way of everything else. The young woman's eyes sparkled this kind of thing was exactly what she needed. She stood and righted herself, shifting her clothing back into the right position and taking the time to begin twisting her hair around. She'd eventually end up pinning it in a half ponytail using chopsticks which were tucked within her gauntlets strangely enough. With her hair out of her face, she tapped several bags finding a small one of a density she could enjoy to begin the work out her mind and body rather desperately needed. It began slowly enough, proper posture, right fist, left fist... back and forth as her speed gradually increased. Her body seemed to be losing tension with each strike and her thoughts seemed to flow easier. "You can't possibly be lacking in understanding, hot the best description I have... for someone with a classically good looking face, almost delinquent dress quality and a body that leans similarly. Bonuses to be applied for also being clever, those things usually don't come together," she said seeming unsurprised but her breathing had slowed quite a bit. Ah... working out was much more akin to meditation for the young woman than anything else. This would continue for a few moments as she discussed this piece of information. "A message straight from my soul? If that is what it is... fine but I'd conclude it was more likely a message from my body which is hardly the kind of thing I'd let completely run my life. Second? Well, avoidance... hot guys are always problematic. Third, it might be worth it..." she added. "Then it's back to one and maybe I've already mentally moved past this as an idea. Or maybe I've finished whatever I was doing that brought you into proximity in the first place and I can carry on like I didn't just have an entire objectifying conversation about you, in my head that you also heard. Or I'd do something to get me back to the right or rather normal headspace. That is how my normal thoughts progress after seeing a hot guy, but I suppose by your logic I am wrong," she added. She punched that bag repeatedly missing the burn it used to give her, but appreciating the motion which allowed her to think. Perhaps, it would have been easier if she'd been born in this world, she could have adjusted easier.

Martha was going to offer Astolfo a beating regardless of recent events. That much was obvious, but not at all consequential. Mugen understood this woman was true to her word. Even after letting out any pent-up aggression on those bags, the likeliest scenario was that she'd share a few blows with the pink-haired lad simply because she promised to do so. Whatever the case, he watched as she cycled through more thoughts. Sexual encounters with two individuals in a day seemed rather extreme in her head. Humans were so strange, all due to the involvement of one bitter apple. That nagging sensation Martha felt was such a common occurrence that it could almost be called instinct in humans now. What a shame; they had all but deleted other instincts which would serve them better in all walks of life.

Apparently, Mugen's general visage was that of a delinquent. Today would be the first time he heard that one; most mortals couldn't overcome an obligatory sense of danger. Perhaps Martha had that as well, only rationalizing it in a way more similar to that elafia girl. Mugen had little to say until Martha gave that list of thoughts. He knew them already, but he wondered how honesty would manifest in this one. What she said, indeed, was what she thought. Four thoughts were made clear, and four thoughts would be translated. "Seek the transfer. Fear the unknown. Overcome the negatives. Rationalize everything," he repeated in different terms. "That last one is imperative. It never hurts to think. You're not wrong, but I will offer some advice. Don't waste your time thinking whether you should or shouldn't do something. Instead, think of the positives and negatives to doing something or not doing it. Address all avenues, and never disregard possibilities. Your growth potential is limitless, so long as the soul is fed."

Several rotations of her fists took place against the littlest bag she'd come across. She seemed to be in an almost trance-like state as she moved her arms. As she continued as she continued to hit this bag, the demon before her, changed her words or thought processes into more simple terms. She heard those out and paused bringing up a hand to stop the bag from bouncing back too fast. "I guess that is an accurate way to translate that," she said, understanding the difference in wordage to be more sensible to this world's natural born people. Regardless she'd been quite honest in her expression of herself.

But that wasn't all he had to say. No according to him she wasn't wrong, and rationalizing was important. Instead of telling her she was wrong to think the way she did, he encouraged her to try to use different criteria to make her conclusions. He claimed that her potential was limitless so long as her soul was fed. Though given what everyone had been saying about soul states and mana transfers she assumed this advice boiled down to find a healthy sex life. 'Definitely the sex devil,' she thought as she found a large body sized bag. Instead of just punches, kicks of various intensities also met this bag as she worked through her aggression and her new thoughts. "I suppose I could give it a try, nothing wrong with trying a thought exercise," she mentioned as her body movements became more rhythmic as she fell into an old set of rocking motions which she used to deliver quick and swift blows in succession before pulling her limbs back in to protect her core. 'So, positives, my problem is solved. I help someone else solve their problem. I maybe have sex with the sex devil. I feed my soul whatever that means,' thought in time with each strike of her arm or leg.

'Negatives, having sex with a second person today, potentially. Dealing with the aftermath of a thing I don't know how to fix yet. Anyone finding out about any of this...' a different set of hits went along with that trio of thoughts. But, as she continued to fight she could rationalize a bit better. Her positives did outweigh the negatives objectively. They were alone in the woods so she could mostly keep it to herself and wallow in her shame afterwards, doing good things shouldn't really make her feel bad. "That's weird, thinking like that seems to make it something I'd agree to, even if I wouldn't agree to it normally," she murmured. There was the possibility of it being a trick of her mind. A justification for continued deviance having thrown away the initial reservation, but maybe that wasn't something she needed to give the extra thought to right now. At least not until she figured out exactly how wrong she was in her initial perception and understanding. Still she exhaled and came to a stop using her body to stop the swinging movement of the bag and all. "So, then I guess the only question is what exactly do you need from me and how do I give it?" she questioned well there would always be that which could potentially change the way she thought about it.

"It's good you can see the sense in it," said Mugen. Seeing beyond one's own natural understanding of something was a natural step along the path of wisdom. Since Martha could meet that minimum requirement, it was even more imperative that he gain her aspect during this encounter. First, the woman had some thinking to do. She seemed very convinced that he was the sex devil, and he wasn't going to waste time arguing. No, he'd instead be peering into the saint's heart to witness her progression.

Martha considered the positives of helping and being helped. Another reference to this 'sex devil' appeared on the positive side, as did the feeding of her soul ─ though she didn't yet understand the latter. "I suppose I should explain, hm? You feed your body with food. That's also a lie. Food contains mana, which fuels the soul. I'm sure you've noticed eating a hearty meal helps you utilize your abilities. Well... if that meal came form something living ─ something with its own abilities ─ you would gain its structure in addition to amplifying your own," he explained in the wake of Martha's thoughts. The negatives she considered sounded like a list of nothing. Whatever the case, it seemed even Martha realized things were in favor of action. Alas, there was one question remaining. Martha wished to know what he needed of her, and furthermore how she could give it. "I need your structure, which you give with your mana ─ as I give my own. That boy over there has a small amount of you within him now; it's not so plentiful in that direction. I'll handle the acquisition. I did say you didn't have to do anything consciously."

Martha could only nod her appreciation to the devil's musings. She imagined herself able to see the sense in a lot of things. She considered herself a pretty reasonable individual and as such she liked to at least consider information before deciding things. Moving on, she was having more of her understanding buffed, at the very least, this being was answering aloud an unanswered curiosity about what 'feeding the soul' actually meant. Much to her surprise it was fairly accurate to what she would have assumed with no information. That being said it was also far more nuanced as something which was part of the world's general mechanics. Another solid punch to the bag in front of her would follow that information. "I am really bothered by the amount of half-assed information floating around," she mentioned seemingly annoyed more than she should have been. Beyond this point... "And I am choosing to not think too much about the fact that you're answering questions and responding to things I didn't say aloud," she added. The whole of such a thing was far too invasive, but it hardly seemed necessary to point out, given the man had shown up just because he was watching her decision-making process from afar.

And then, with her thought processes complete and the odd decision that she'd likely give this man what he'd asked for, she also received the answer to her curiosity. According to this man she would indeed simply have to agree to some kind of transfer with him, and he'd take care of what he needed to take from her. "Alright," she said that agreement in place she was still only as dressed as she needed to be for general purposes. She realized she was basically agreeing to sex but if she didn't have to do anything consciously to help him out the way he needed to be, she'd deal with her own crisis about it afterwards. Strangely, she had no idea how such a thing would begin or how but she figured it would work itself out by the time she joined him.

Mugen always had fun with mortals and their reactions. He believed Martha had an idea regarding his lack of limitation before, but it was always entertaining to see how they realized he could read minds in a way. "The question first asked is often the one with the most desirable answer. I'm just skipping the filter by responding to its purest form ─ as it appears there," he said, aiming a forefinger at the woman as if targeting her heart. "And yes, you're not the only one to be bothered by misinformation in this world. We should all form a clan~♥" he joked.

With the joking past, all Mugen awaited was the woman's answer. He gathered that she had all necessary information to make a decision, but what would that decision be? Alright was her only verbal response. By the look in her eye, however, it seemed a choice had been made. There was little to do but the deed itself. Ah, but Mugen was one for show. A snap of his fingers did away with all those useless punching bags, and he thought of the only decision worth making from his end. "Save your answer. The venue is in your hands. I understand you had some sort of... bucket list going. Just think. What sort of place would you imagine for receiving a gift and making an offering to 'the sex devil' as you call it?" he wondered. Martha's own desire would be the thing shaping the surrounding area. For added flair, Mugen decided both her clothing and his own would be adjusted as well, in accordance to whatever scenery her soul spoke into existence. He'd gotten into that sort of thing quite recently.

The sex devil had some very interesting ideas about how questions came in their purest forms. Apparently he took the question directly from Martha before it was filtered and chose to answer it that way. While she could agree that the things said within people's minds were the most pure... perhaps they needed the filter. Boundaries existed for a reason and apparently he wasn't very much into them. "Duly noted," she stated honestly. Perhaps she'd lock those thoughts away for quite a while yet. Moving on from this point, according to him, she wasn't the only one with a problem given the amount of misinformation circling the world. He joked that they should make a clan... "A clan, a not so secret society, a fight club... I am not really going to sweat the details," she claimed.

Ah and it appeared that her general answer wasn't required. There was apparently some magic in place here, well... this man seemed to exude magic. Beyond that he was quite concerned with her apparent bucket list and the potential for crossing something off of it. "You really like the secret parts of people, huh?" she mused, there was another word for secret which she hadn't quite gotten to on her list, but... she would eventually come to such a conclusion herself. Perhaps even because of how her desires would manifest in this case. In all honesty she'd not intended to mention such a thing to Astolfo in the first place, but with this man apparently reading into the truth of people it seemed almost pointless to try and hide anything. Even so, the changes around this place would be the sort of thing which made her own eyes widen. She was back in her classroom. Rows of desks were lined up in front of her, and she was dressed in that little black pencil skirt, white collared shirt, and blazer with her school ID attached to it. She was the teacher in this situation and the desk was hers. How would the Sex Devil end up in this situation? Well, like some cross between a teaching assistant and a delinquent recent graduate. Oh? This had to come from somewhere kind of specific. "Ah? This is kind of embarrassing. If I said it isn't what it looks like, would you believe me?" she asked pushing glasses up onto her nose. Her imagination might be hyper active or something. Actually it was beyond embarrassing, she could barely remember the thought that would have placed her own classroom on her bucketlist. Nor did she think of a student she would have enjoyed in such a way... still... here they were. Still, to be fair, sex in her own empty classroom was taboo to her as a teacher probably among the most taboo things she could manage, not that she had during her eight year career.

In response to the idea of forming a clan against the world's misinformation, Martha offered an entire list of things. She wasn't picky; neither was he. "Maybe a country? I happen to know one or two that are on their way to being exactly that," he mused in response. Munetsuchi was a testament to the truth of this world, and one other was on its way to forming. Actually, there were a few more floating around somewhere in time... but he'd yet to bother with those.

Mugen did fancy the 'secret parts of people' as Martha put it. He was the demon associated with all things forbidden, after all. Speaking of the forbidden, a dip into Martha's mind resulted in her own personal taboo manifesting around them. Instead of trees and bushes, there were chairs and desks. Ah, this was a classroom from one of Gaia's schools. Previously leaned against a tree, Mugen found himself sitting at the edge of a student's desk. He wore black khaki pants, a baggy button-up shirt with a loose tie and rolled-up sleeves, and a loose vest. Martha, on the other hand, had something much... much tighter on her person. "Ara~? If this is how they do things on Gaia now, I'd like to pay a visit," he said, seeming to be in good spirits. Martha thought to deny the state of things, but of course he wouldn't believe such words if she offered them. "Do you even want me to believe that nonsense?" the demon asked. In doing so, he pushed away from that desk and made his way toward Martha at the front of the classroom. It seemed only natural to ensure she was cornered at the instructor's desk. "I don't think so. You want to break free, don't you? You think it's only right to do your duties, but the idea of being bent or flipped over this desk here, letting go of all your responsibilities and just living in bliss for a while... it's too appealing to turn down, isn't it?" he asked, shooting a piercing glare in the woman's direction while his hand glided along the desk's edge toward her.

"Hm, if you know a few it'd have to be like, an international federation..." she concluded. All was well and jokes were good for mood shifting. Speaking of shifting moods, it would seem that the deeper taboos of Martha's mind had risen to the surface, enough to create her own classroom as a part of her bucket list. She didn't remember exactly why she'd thought of this, but she was definitely embarrassed at least a little for revealing it. Normally embarrassment like this would end in an outburst of the sort which had her putting someone into a headlock or something similar. Here and now however, she simply had the grace to ogle the Sex Devil who was now dressed like a delinquent and pulling it off in exactly the way that Martha originally thought when laying eyes upon him the first time. "Yep, definitely delinquent..." she murmured. Though again, that was a compliment, Martha was quite fond of delinquents and probably counted as one... once upon a time.

As for his questions her eyes widened. "Ah, well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but stuff like this would definitely get you arrested. It'd definitely get me at the very least relocated in shame... Gaia has actual laws against public nudity, corrupting the youth...indecent exposure. Well, except the outfits, I wore this like everyday..." she murmured. Ah this was likely why it was buried in her taboo list of bucket list places. It was always interesting to think of doing things that you could get caught doing. She wasn't above no understanding the adrenaline junkie aspect to things. "Just a little..." she said holding her fingers fairly close together as she stood in fairly high heels for someone who was standing all day. He wasn't wrong at all as his words continued. She did quite like the idea of being something'd on this desk. Actually... now that she was being cornered she was sure her heart was beating way too fast for the current moment. She didn't really know it but something about that look might have been a bit too aggressive, it left her a bit weak in the knees if she was being honest. "You know, you're uh... pretty good at the whole mysterious seduction thing... if no one's told you," she mumbled. Well she definitely wouldn't be saying no. Actually, this whole scenario was about as close to an emphatic yes as she'd ever given in either of her lives.

Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast