Page 62 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

The concept of a full day of meals was nothing strange to Charlemagne. Adding thoughts of mana and its functionality to the notion was something exclusive to this world, but even his original life involved the preaching of three meals per day ─ at least normally. "That sort of thought exists on both worlds. It was pretty common to push for breakfast, lunch and dinner in my old world too. That is... unless you're on one of those four-to-six meal diets. It's really easy to end up eating only once or twice a day, though; life gets busy," he answered. All things considered however, he rather fancied the idea of eating thrice per day when possible.

Sakura explained her nightly activities, noting that she didn't simply sit in a chair all night. He didn't mean to imply as much, but she was there when he fell asleep, and typically there when he woke as well. Either way, it sounded like she was doing a bit much with her nights. Surely none of the people on this trip cared much for additional accommodations. As for watching him sleep, he could say virtually nothing about that. If anything, Charlemagne just hoped he looked particularly cool when unconscious ─ none of that open maw, drooling nonsense. "You know you don't have to do all that. I don't think anyone will complain if nothing changes about this place. We all seem to like it the way it is, and it's not weird at all to think 'it would be cool if' about anything. That doesn't mean anything has to be added. Don't stress it," he insisted. Alas, he couldn't say much about the girl spending her free time observing the others; it seemed to be a pastime for her. What he could say, was something about her apparent state of worry for the goddess they intended to free of Aincrad within two years. "Yeah, same time as yesterday. She's holding up alright, or at least she was when we spoke yesterday. Did you want to come this time?" he asked, seeing no problems with the idea of bringing Sakura along after that previous conversation.

Three meals a day was apparently something normal on the other world as well. Odd, she figured since they had no real understanding of mana they might not care too much about eating except to maintain themselves. Or perhaps they needed to eat that many times just to maintain themselves in low mana environments? She supposed she'd be finding out soon enough, still something Charlemagne said seemed to catch her attention just a bit, "Four to six? Life really must be busy..." she commented absently. "How much mana do they give?" she asked seemingly aghast at any reason she could think to eat that much.

Something else Sakura didn't really understand was the difference between human desires and ones she could or should answer. According to Charlemagne humans thought about improvements all the time, but they didn't need to be answered. He insisted that she didn't have to go out of her way to make alterations to their accommodations. "Sou ka, but when I make them everyone has such interesting reactions..." she murmured. Perhaps there was simply a balance to be achieved. She wouldn't go out of her way to make changes, but she'd also still make some so long as they'd gain her something new or exciting to see. As for the rest, it appeared that Charlemagne was going to visit Angelica again the same time as he had yesterday. This was some exciting news for Sakura as she was invited along. Suddenly the small pouty sullenness she had disappeared. "Yes! I want to go!" she said decisively. She got up from her chair and crawled into bed beside Charlemagne, seemingly excited for the trip.

When hearing about the greater number of meals consumed by some people on Gaia, Sakura immediately wondered how much mana they gave. Obviously, something had been lost in translation. "Err... it's not like that," he said after a moment of thought. "It's never been about the mana, and besides that, those meals are usually way smaller. People eat like that to keep their metabolisms active, which I guess translates to mana circuits or something like that," he rambled as the Holy Grail slowly filled with liquid.

Sakura insisted that everyone's reactions to her changes. With that in mind, Charlemagne shrugged. "Well if that's what you're in it for, keep at it. As long as you're not putting yourself out, it's perfectly fine," he said. The Holy Grail filled itself to the brim as Charlemagne sat up, and just then... Sakura seemed more excited than ever. "Wow, that's intense. What's a guy gotta do to make someone that excitable?" he wondered to the world at large. Whatever the case, Angelica would soon be met by a party of two. As Sakura took her place beside him, Charlemagne began pouring the grail's contents onto the bed beneath them. Doing so opened that familiar portal, transporting the pair into that very same white room seen on a daily basis as of late. During their arrival, Charlemagne remembered one important detail about the previous trip. "Oh, and the old man's not talking now. No clue why, but he wouldn't appear or say anything yesterday."

Apparently, Gaia had a few more nuances than Sakura was currently ready for. According to Charlemagne there was eating multiple meals but life on the other side wasn't as much about mana, they had no awareness of it. Instead it was done to keep their metabolism up, which he related to the idea of mana circuits. A few moments of quiet contemplation and Sakura could understand how humans came to such a conclusion. "I understand that comparison, and even how they reached that conclusion..." she said with a curt nod. There were a few caveats including the fact that eating smaller meals in cycle wouldn't really keep the mana cycling out of the body fast enough to avoid it staying within and stagnating... but she supposed there might be a few ways of handling that potential problem.

Moving on, it would seem that the kind of thoughts that Sakura was having about her works within their living space were about what she thought. Charlemagne told her to keep up her work if she was in it for herself, but not to put herself out if she was doing it just for the sake of everyone else. "Hai, I like seeing what comes of the minor changes. Every one else's minds work so differently," she mused. Of course, she mostly meant seeing what kind of perverted things people were thinking to do with normal spaces but that was hardly worth specifying. What was also worth note, was apparently her reaction to being invited along on this particular trip. "Is it intense? I just really want to see her..." she mused about Angelica. The truth of the matter was more and less complicated than other thoughts, but it didn't matter as both would soon find themselves within the white room once more.

Within it, Sakura took note of the space and nodded about its emptiness. She took notice of the missing consciousness, but it would be Charlemagne who explained it. "He likely over-exerted himself. I imagine manifesting has a high energy cost," Sakura gave that explanation but decided to remain mostly respectful of the potential old man. Regardless she was rather excited about the coming of Angelica and would be patiently waiting just the same.

Once they were within the Nexus again, Charlemagne stood and stretched. By his approximation, they were roughly right on time for the meeting with Angelica ─ if not a few minutes early. Sakura had recently reiterated her excitement to see Angelica. Though he found it unusual for her to be excited about... anything, really, he was also a bit too excited to say anything against it. As for the lack of Albertus Animusphere, he supposed Sakura's explanation made a great deal of sense. "I guess it should be pretty costly, huh? Becoming the god of a dimension that has an effect on the entire world has to be a lot for anyone ─ even an actual god," he surmised. That explanation was well worth agreeing to.

Now then, it seemed only appropriate to go about calling Angelica once more. Charlemagne did think it would be worthwhile to call someone else for a separate discussion, but he certainly wasn't going to be late meeting Angelica... again. As such, Charlemagne once again cupped both hands around his mouth and... "Luviagelita Angelica Edelfelt~! If you're late to the party again, I'm painting your room that gaudy red you don't like!" he called out into the blank space.

The missing presence of the Nexus's resident god was something which was a bit sad for Sakura, but her explanation seemed to make sense for both herself and Charlemagne. "Hai," she agreed. Whatever the case, Albertus Animusphere as the other world knew him, was nothing but a kind old man, so anything he'd done to help would be greatly appreciated. "Actually, that is probably especially true if he doesn't also have access to Mystery to fuel the extras... I hope Ojii-chan is taking good care of himself," Sakura said in follow up. Beyond these points there was excitement, soon enough Angelica would be making an appearance and that was what Sakura was most excited for.

But... how? Well, Charlemagne would be calling upon her, using some strange reference the pair obviously understood. This would lead to a very specific entrance sentence. "Listen here, Chuck. If I see even a drop of that gaudy ruby color on anything that belongs to me, I'll hit you so hard you'll feel it across all your lives!" she declared. Angelica appeared in this moment, arms crossed over her chest, long bright blonde curls descending into blue as they went down her body. She was still dressed in a few armor pieces and a bit of light clothing including a pair of royal blue shorts and long greaves. "That's really going to hurt, Ang-chan!~" Sakura seemed overly pleased. A bit of shock came over. "Saku!" Angelica replied seemingly pleased, and gently upset that Charlemagne hadn't warned her, she would have tried to think of something better to say to the other lass if she'd had a bit of warning. "He started it," she said in typical bratty fashion.

"Knowing him, he's perfectly fine," Charlemagne said as one who knew of the exploits surrounding Albertus Animusphere. Apparently, that man had always been one to live on edge in the most magnificent way, never managing to leave himself in a bad way because of it. Even if he was missing from the Nexus now, Charlemagne couldn't imagine that man suffering from anything. "I'm sure he'll pop up like nothing happened, whenever he's ready for it," he added.

Soon enough, Angelica responded to his new call. She appeared similarly to how she did the previous day, albeit with a few small changes in wardrobe that were admittedly more effective for survival than her usual garb. It seemed she was quick to contest Charlemagne's painting idea as well ─ even bringing the threat of pain if he were to go through with it. "As if! There are a thousand things better things I can do than paint one of your gigantic rooms. I could build a new house in that time," Charlemagne countered. Just then, the pair of women present shared their excitement to see one another. Strange; they must have really hit it off a few days prior. Of course, it all ended in Charlemagne being blamed for the blonde's aggression. "Eh?! Why do I get blamed for something in two seconds?!" he questioned immediately. Never a normal greeting, he thought.

Charlemagne thought the god of the Nexus would appear again some other time, perfectly fine. Given that he knew of the man outside of this particular venture, Sakura found herself believing in his thoughts about it. "Hai hai," she murmured. The man she assumed was a grandfather was a bit rough and tumble surely all would be well.

Speaking of things being well, Angelica seemed to be well. She appeared in her normal fashion and seemed to be her usual self. "Well fine build a house then, just keep that ridiculous color away from me!" Angelica gripped. "Ang-chan doesn't like red... I'll keep that in mind," Sakura thought aloud in a manner most absent. In the meantime, small steps towards each other were being taken by both girls, who seemed to be quite happy to see each other. Charlemagne had no real idea of how close they'd managed to get the previous time they'd seen each other, but both would easily be seen greeting each other. First and foremost their arms opened and they hugged while Angelica continued to throw her bratty attitude towards Charlemagne. "You get blamed because it's your fault, obviously~" Angelica gripped. Just the same Sakura seemed pleased by the physical contact and content to enjoy it. "I don't know if that is exactly fair..." she said softly. "How are you, Ang-chan?" asked Sakura earnestly. "Oh me? I'm alright. My real dad is watching by body since apparently it phases in and out and we're just on the run through the labyrinth," she explained of her current situation. "How's stuff with you guys? Are you getting along well? Chuck are you behaving yourself?!" asked Angelica seemingly happy just the same.

Angelica's bratty behavior aside, all seemed to be well. In fact, she and Sakura were content to greet one another physically. Charlemagne stood back, one hand on his hip as he was thrown additional blame for no particular reason. "That's the weakest argument," he said with a sigh. There were questions to ask, but it seemed the most important of them would be answered without any direct prodding. Charlemagne had been wondering what happened with Angelica's body during these appearances. Apparently, she was not entirely here in a physical sense... though a bit of phasing implied a partial physical transport.

Charlemagne took a moment to consider the implications at hand. If Angelica's body was phasing in and out of reality where she was, this certainly wasn't the safest way to interact while she hid. Luckily, her father was still available to help. "Sounds like the process of a cheap teleport. If it's like that, you'd probably end up here completely... after a pretty long time, though. Good thing your dad's around," he said. When asked by Angelica about their wellbeing, he hardly had anything to report. "Nothing really new here. We're still on our way to the lower world to set that door up. Oh, and I am gonna have to call up someone else while we're here. I've got all night though, so no worries about that ─ it's just a few questions about the whole King title thing," he explained before that matter came up officially. All the while, Charlemagne remained curious about the apparent friendliness between the two goddesses. "So you guys uh... really hit it off the other day, huh?"

"No it isn't. The weakest reason would be 'just because'," claimed Angelica. She was human enough to know the difference. She knew she didn't have to blame the lad, but also would just because it would keep things fairly normal between them. She was happily hugging Sakura a hand rubbing against her back seemingly pleased to be there. The other girl was quite soft from her memory and she'd missed being in contact with her, if she was being truthful. That wasn't to discount Charlemagne or anything like that, but she did wish to see Sakura just as often.

It was apparently a good thing that Angelica had access to her real dad, as this could have been a cheap teleport process but her body phasing in and out could be potentially dangerous. "Yeah, he said he'd keep an eye out for me. He's really great!~" she said of her father. The one who'd been in charge of her before now, was basically just an afterthought now, a crazy guy who was trying to force her into acting a specific way. He really didn't understand her at all. Regardless Charlemagne would eventually be calling someone else into this particular space, to question them about the nature of 'King' titles or something. "Well, it's good you guys are still on the way. Please be careful though..." Angelica affirmed. There was no need to rush and have anyone end up hurt. "There isn't anything to worry about on our end..." Sakura confirmed. "How's your little one, do you have time to work on it?" asked Sakura. "Well a bit yeah, it's taking a while, did you want to add in a bit, I could add in on yours too... complete the circle~" Angelica added making Sakura smile. Both girl's seemed quite amused but Charlemagne's words drew Angelica's attention. "Of course we hit it off, why wouldn't we, she's great if you haven't noticed!" she said looking from Sakura to Charlemagne and then back to Sakura. She had a certain clarity in the moment but surely he couldn't have been that far behind.

Page 62 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast