Page 63 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

"Oh come on; there's barely a difference!" Charlemagne countered. Angelica hadn't given much of a reason for giving him the blame either way, so he wasn't just going to take it. Though... he wasn't able to do much by way of arguing while watching both her and Sakura happily interact, strange though it was where his mind traveled. The more he watched the two, the more he wondered whether this was a dream scenario... or a nightmare scenario unfolding before his eyes. One could hope for the former, but he had long since accepted the latter as a possibility ─ improbable though it was.

Whatever the case, there were a few details to address during this time in the Nexus. First though, checking in on Angelica took precedence. Ah, but it seemed she was just as content to check on them. It had to be rough being on the run in Aincrad's Labyrinth; that place was far from a fun experience for one who didn't find thrill in the adventure of it. "I can't wait to meet your real dad. He sounds awesome ─ even better if he's helping you manage in that hellhole of a place," Charlemagne declared. He nodded when urged to be careful, but it was just as Sakura said; they had little to worry about currently. "She's right. We've just been hanging around for the past couple of days. Once we're on Gaia, I doubt there'll be any issues," he stated. As for the two of them getting along easily, apparently Angelica thought it was the easiest assumption to make. According to the blonde, Sakura was great... if he hadn't noticed. "Oh I've noticed," he said while scratching his scalp. "I've noticed... quite a few times by now─"

"Stuck on the wrong thing, Chuck!" Angelica summarized easily. She could sum up most of Charlemagne's issues in that kind of sentence, and hearing her say such a thing made a small giggle escape Sakura. It was quite nice having Angelica around. She was quite light, and upbeat and filling compared to Sakura and Sakura found herself willing to bathe in the other girl's ambient nature. Of course, Charlemagne saw a potential but neither girl was aware of his issue, no... both of them were simply content to enjoy as they wished, it was something the more human of the trio should learn to do.

And perhaps he would, as their conversation progressed. It would seem that everyone was quite happy that Angelica had a good dad after her rather crappy initial dice roll. Charlemagne couldn't wait to meet the man who was helping his wife get through the labyrinth. "I actually don't dislike the labyrinth, in fact if I was just doing it because I wanted to... you know without crazy templar knights trying to drag me back to the face-stealer, I'd probably be having a lot of fun," she expressed of the situation. "That is a very optimistic way to think about that..." Sakura mentioned seeming to find the girl's happiness something interesting. They were just traveling and things would calm down when they reached Gaia. Good. "I've had a bit more time to adjust my little one, and a bit more of Char-kun's influence to work with... but Char-kun's expressions about other things make me believe we should go ahead and tie the pair together... properly," Sakura mentioned, happily. "Though I wasn't sure how to explain this part. Like I don't know if he knows about your baby yet, or us... but I wasn't sure how to bring it up. He said he wanted to wait for you when my inmon popped up, but then he came to see you without me," Sakura mentioned softly, pouting just a tad. She'd been waiting to meet back up with Angelica but there was quite a bit of complexity involved with the start of this relationship. She gave Angelica a bit of a squeeze after this statement. Explaining this side of things to Charlemagne was a bit more complicated than she liked. Even now, she was very pleased that Angelica was here because they could more easily navigate things. Whatever the case, it seemed that Charlemagne had at the very least noticed how great Sakura was, this was good as far as Angelica was concerned. "Oh? Damn, I figured it'd be way easier if he was spending so much time with you... you didn't just put it in his brain?" Angelica asked as if it would have been sensible. "Iia, that is a bit invasive if you aren't sharing information to be processed on purpose, it's also harder to process and recall if you aren't trying to retain it," she explained of how she chose to share memories with the other girl earlier. "Hm, yeah... sorry about that. Our human can be really... human sometimes!" she exclaimed as if it was the funniest thing in the world, she pressed her lips against Sakura's in a manner sort of chast, but done specficially because the other girl looked cute to her and deserved it and then sighed. "Oh? Actually this explains the other half of that conversation I had yesterday," Angelica said seeming to make sense of the pair rather easily. All the while their cute little conversation would come with a couple of glances towards Charlemagne as well as a few hushed whispers between the girls.

"Pushing the wrong issue, Luviagelita!" Charlemagne responded. For one claiming he was stuck on the wrong thing, she was wasting a lot of her breath on something entirely inconsequential. Of course, that was normal for the bratty princess types ─ even others Charlemagne had seen throughout his journeys. Actually, he had a firmer memory of his previous life as of late. "Huh. Bit of a perpetual super sweet sixteen kind of thing," he muttered to no one in particular. With that realization of Angelica's demeanor, he shook his head and moved on.

It seemed Angelica had no actual issues with the Labyrinth apart from the current situation. If that was the case, she'd surely enjoy her eventual freedom with the kinds of adventures Charlemagne regularly undertook. "Really? That's awesome! You should come with us to the Tomb of Nazarick then; it'll be great!" he said casually. There was nothing else to be said by Charlemagne, but apparently much to be said between Angelica and Sakura. Charlemagne wasn't an intrusive individual, so he never even thought of eavesdropping on words shared between the two. They were obviously getting to know each other... incredibly well, it seemed, given how randomly he saw them locking lips. What was he to think about that? Well firstly, he was back to the original thought process of daydream or nightmare. Secondly, there was something a bit different. 'Well doesn't that just beat all. All I got yesterday was a hug,' he thought, scratching his head once more. Charlemagne couldn't tell if that was concerning, annoying, or something else. Whatever it was, there also came several glances in his direction amid those private whispers. "... What?" he questioned.

"Who?!" Angelica's only response to being called by her given name by Charlemagne would remain the same. Sakura giggled once more, they together were quite the energetic pair. She enjoyed their playfulness as she would have observed from a pair of old friends. Whatever the case, Charlemagne had a whispered bit of conversation about the lass's personality which would go mostly unnoticed by both girls, though Sakura did at least process it. Whatever surely it could come up later, or be added to that ever growing list of things to ask of the other girls in their group.

Moving on, it would appear that Angelica might eventually enjoy the grandest of adventures. "I mean I'll go but why a tomb?" she asked seeming not to understand the purpose of graverobbing as a source of adventure. "I mean it would be a fairly easy way to get mystic codes and magical objects," Sakura said in a rather dry way which in turn made Angelica giggle, if only because she realized how absolutely serious the other girl was. Sakura smiled seeing the other girl look so amused but still there was a certain lack of understanding in her eyes. "I don't know why that was funny," she explained. "I know... that's part of why it's funny~" Angelica stated, only to give one more casual glance towards Charlemagne. Ah, he was questioning things now... time to let the proverbial cat out of the bag. And Angelica would do it, without holding back at all. "I'm going to show you how to get all the stuff out at once, you just have to deal with everything else afterwards," she said softly as Sakura nodded her understanding. She was about to see Angelica in action. "We were discussing making our babies proper siblings, and how difficult it's been for Sakura trying to figure out how to explain us to you~" she said gesturing between herself and Sakura. "That isn't the phrasing I would have gone with..." Sakura murmured, only to have Angelica squeeze her in that hug a little bit more. "Yeah, but the humans aren't into details. He just needs to know that we like each other, not just through him. The idea of that that seems to be missing from his thoughts, given what we talked about yesterday," Angelica summarized. This would only serve to make Sakura's brows furrow. Was it truly so simple? "That didn't seem like it wasn't obvious," Sakura managed, she was really beginning to think humans might be a bit stupid. "We also still like you. Get over here," demanded Angelica as both girls opened up part of their embrace to include the lad. Yes, it was best if they greeted as such. Sakura was learning so much from an interaction like this.

"No idea. Some bratty princess who let herself be adopted by an old idiot who steals faces," was Charlemagne's response. So long as her response remained the same, his would remain the same as well. Such a discussion had become something of a staple between the two over their long relationship. The same could be said of Angelica questioning something he hadn't even given much consideration to beyond the initial excitement. This time, however, Sakura had something to add about the Tomb of Nazarick. Her thoughts on the matter were stereotypically Sakura, but Charlemagne had clarification to offer both girls. "It's not really a tomb; it's just called that because of all the undead enemies. It's said to be an unclearable labyrinth-style Dungeon created by the last Lich King. It sounds awesome," he explained.

More words were shared between the two, though the privacy of it all disappeared over time. By the time it did, he was learning something new. Among the things they discussed was... their children becoming proper siblings. It didn't take a genius to realize Angelica had just casually admitted to her own pregnancy, which surely shouldn't have been possible at the time unless she made the conscious decision. Charlemagne sighed. His hand moved from the back of his head to instead pinch the bridge of his nose. "Two things. Two. First, that is definitely not the way people announce pregnancies. Second, why does a normal conversation never cross you people's minds?" he inquired. Talking in a direct way that didn't involve magical methods no one knew about seemed to be a foreign concept for these goddesses, much to Charlemagne's dismay. By the time he was done rubbing his nose, Charlemagne threw both hands lightly in the air. "Literally, just 'hey, this is a thing!' That's all it needs to be!" he added. Oh well. Maybe gods and humans could eventually have such discussions with one another, though that obviously wasn't happening just yet. Instead, Angelica was demanding that he enter the embrace she shared with Sakura ─ probably while they continued to overcomplicate things. As he moved forward, Charlemagne had but one additional thing to say. "Fine, but this is the last time I'm going somewhere you say go. Got it? Not one family reunion, Angie! Not even one!"

There was more catty conversation between Angelica and Charlemagne, which Sakura observed with... "Really? No idea who that could be... but I swear some guy who worked for that guy definitely shouldn't be talking. Pretty sure, hypocrisy fertilizes beards~" Angelica was fully capable of carrying on her more friendly banter with Charlemagne and carrying on just the same, "Most of that is sarcasm," Sakura murmured giving a firm nod. One day all of these moments would stick and eventually she'd be capable of joining in on this specific sort of fun. Moving on from that point, there was clarification offered about the Tomb of Nazarick, which was only called a Tomb because it's main mobs were undead creatures and it was created by the last Lich King. "Sou ka, that makes more sense..." Sakura said hearing the information. "I mean the last Lich King made a dungeon? Might have something interesting in it... I understand the appeal..." Angelica mentioned while tossing hair over her shoulder. "Actually there is a pretty big labyrinth under Munetsuchi, if you guys ever want to go there... the middle has some pretty strong monsters but it bridges two continents apparently," Sakura added.. She'd not been int hat one, but it could be potentially fun if these two were interested.

Whatever the case, all news had been dropped and Sakura got to observe the reaction. Her eyes were drawn to Charlemagne as he processed everything said and much to her own surprise, he did seem to process it well enough. Actually, Angelica had been right on the mark about simply blurting out the information necessary and allowing it to fester as it would. "Sou ka..." Sakura murmured, she'd be committing this technique to memory. Still Charlemagne had two points, this was an odd pregnancy announcement, and why couldn't they have a normal conversation. He claimed a simple announcement would be all that was necessary to cover the same things, but this didn't seem to be the case. Sakura did have something to say about what was or wasn't normal... "None of this seemed like it would be normal to you, so bringing it up like it was normal didn't seem at all logical," she said at least having a reasonable concern. As for Angelica she was a bit too brash to think too much about the rest. "I mean announcing a pregnancy seems dumb, getting pregnant from having sex is just how babies are made," she said as if it was dumb to have to announce it. Sakura's eyes shifted slightly as she came to a certain realization about some obvious holes in the education of Angelica. "I think I have a lot of things to tell you that you might not know..." Sakura managed, her eyes widened. She didn't think she'd meet someone who could be more ill-informed than a human, her mother would have had a heart-attack. Still there was an embrace being joined by Charlemagne and both girls moving towards him to peck his lips and each others at once in a little triangle. "I don't think you get much of an option here Chuck. There is at least one more wedding a few a other events your attendance will be mandatory for," Angelica said with a curt nod. "So if he's not taking directions from me, I guess he'll take them from you," she said offering a wink to Sakura, who only nodded.

"... Don't even dare," Charlemagne said with a marked increase in the seriousness of his tone. Beards were not a thing to joke about. Beards were terrible, terrible things plaguing the faces of otherwise cool men, and he'd have no part in even the imagining of one. "One more thing about a beard, and I'm going to dye your favorite dress neon green and hot pink," he added. Regardless, it seemed there was an interest in the Tomb of Nazarick... though there was also mention of another labyrinth right under Sakura's homeland. "Huh, really? That sounds huge! Screw Nazarick; I wanna go to that one!" he said, deciding that particular adventure would be much better for a first trip.

Speaking of things that would be much better, Sakura and Angelica could both use a bit of grounding in Charlemagne's opinion. Sakura still couldn't fathom how an ordinary conversation could function, and Angelica was once again showing how very sheltered she was. He'd deal with those topics in order, starting with Sakura. "It's not that complicated. Nothing you people say or do is normal to me, but that doesn't mean it's not up for discussion. Just skip the lecture part unless it's necessary, and we're golden," he explained briefly. As for Angelica... "Uhh no. Well... yes, that's technically right, but also not at all how that works! I know she's pregnant," he said while gesturing toward Sakura. "I found that out the same time I found out I became a god... which makes sense. You, on the other hand, slept with Chuck the human. If it was normal for you to have an entire kid from that, there wouldn't have been offerings to gods and goddesses in their temples for all those years. There would be so many demigods," he ranted. With that, he was brought to silence by the strangest kiss he'd never imagined. Two pairs of lips were against his own at once. It was brief, but strange... and obviously a sign that his mind was on a singular path from that moment onward. Ah, but there was still something about mandatory event attendance. "I didn't say anything about a wedding. I said I'm not doing a family reunion. No way am I going to walk around explaining that I have triplets by three women ─ especially not the third one," he reiterated. In all of that, Charlemagne seemed a bit late to Angelica's final clause about taking directions from Sakura. "Wait I'm what now?"

"He really has very strong feelings about beards," Sakura noted. She didn't know what dying a dress pink and green would do to it, but she felt the threat of it as vividly as if it'd been placed upon her instead of Angelica. A wide grin was on Angelica's face as she knew the type of reaction to expect from Charlemagne as soon as beards were mentioned, that didn't make it any less good a point to make, "My favorite? That's low Chuck," she said as if displeased. Of course, a playful eye roll would be happening soon after and Sakura became certain that all of this was mostly in good fun. Strange, she hadn't expected this, but she was happy to be here to witness it. As their conversation progressed it seemed the mention of the labyrinth beneath Munetsuchi was enough to have Charlemagne tossing aside the idea of Nazarick for the uncharted territory of a different sort. "Hai, it's a large one. I haven't been through it either, but adventurers talk about it from time to time," she said knowing that they wished to go, it would be easy for them to take an expedition if they wished. Perhaps it would suffice as a reasonable honeymoon once everything else was over?

Still there was apparently some common sense logic that Charlemagne had to share with both the women intimately involved in his life. Apparently, nothing said by the goddesses made sense to the lad, but that didn't mean they couldn't talk about it, he just didn't want the whole of the information associated with the points every time things were spoken on. A few seconds of the wheels turning behind Sakura's eyes and she eventually nodded. "I can work with that, I think... arigatou gouzaimasu," she said seeming to have gained enough understanding to know now how to share information with Charlemagne in a way that wouldn't overwhelm him. Still there was the matter of Angelica's understanding of reproduction which had ended in her getting pregnant with a human Charles's baby when her type of being wasn't one that should have been capable of it. He claimed that the number of demigods in the world would be far higher if it was the case that divinities could make babies easily with lesser entities. "Well, in my own defense... the idea of lesser entity having sex with me wasn't part of my understanding of the whole process," she said. "And I didn't even know about other goddesses or anything like that and I definitely didn't have time to think about what that would mean for me, I was just doing what felt right," she said huffily. It would be Sakura's turn to look at the lass and smile. "Hai hai, I can give you the rest of that information if you like, so we have the same understanding... it will also help you with your baby," Sakura murmured happily. Still, three sets of lips met and a bit of happiness was shared between the two lasses. It wasn't that they thought this to be normal, it simply felt right for both of them, so... neither had a problem with it. Charlemagne's remaining problem seemed to be with the third mother of his third child and claiming three kids at the same time from three separate mothers. "I don't think it would matter that much but I also only understand this family reunion as a set of words and not an actual activity," Sakura said seeming a bit out of it, but if Charlemagne didn't want to attend to non-essential functions she wouldn't push it. She would push other things though and it seemed that Angelica understood it. "Taking directions from Sakura... if you aren't taking them from me, that's the option~" Angelica said in her sweetest sounding voice. "Regardless, I'm really happy to see both of you," she managed giving both of them a squeeze.

Charlemagne did have strong opinions about beards. They were too much of a hassle to maintain any semblance of coolness, and he couldn't tolerate them as an idea at all. That didn't matter, though; he couldn't even grow one with this Avatar. At least... he didn't think he could, but he had to inspect this new existence to be sure. Before that, he would be considering the benefits of this previously unknown labyrinth under Munetsuchi. Visiting that place would be a great vacation after all the current hullabaloo. "We should all check that one out. I promised each of you an adventure, so why not take it together in a place none of us have ever been? That's the true spirit of adventure!" he assured.

Once again, Sakura came up with a very satisfying response. She could work with the manner of addressing things he requested, much to Charlemagne's satisfaction. The lad heaved a sigh of relief, knowing by now that she was the type to commit to such things. Now then, what of Angelica's understanding? She was basically working with what she had, which wasn't much ─ albeit by no fault of her own. Actually, Charlemagne thought the way she reached her conclusion was endearing, and even a bit flattering. She simply felt it was right to bear his child. That was a ringing endorsement for their relationship if he'd ever heard one. "You know, as much as I want to roast the absolute hell out of you for that... I won't. I'm glad you made the choice," he said with certainty. Charlemagne wasn't sure where things would go from there, but according to Angelica, it somehow involved him having... not much of a choice at all. Either he'd follow her directions, or he'd follow Sakura's? What sort of ultimatum was that? "That's not a choice," he said in avoidance, even knowing there was another side of Sakura that would all but ensure one true answer. Actually... each of them had such a side, though in different ways. All in all, he was pretty screwed if either of them decided to boss him around. Would he admit that? Absolutely not.

A decision was being made, for this trio to visit a labyrinth dungeon in the home country of Sakura. This would apparently function as a place which they could all visit as a grand adventure which would satisfy the promises made by Charlemagne and give them something new to do together. "Yeah, that sounds like fun," Angelica said happily. "Hai hai, I'll look forward to it," Sakura agreed knowing that no time could be bad for her with both of these people properly involved.

Moreover, it would seem that there was a really earnest reason behind Angelica choosing to become pregnant more so than anything else. It was somehow rather endearing that she went through with sexual activity while thinking she had no other choice but to bear a child with the lad. It also said a lot about how highly she thought of him that it didn't occur to her not to do so. "Well, it's not like I did it on purpose or anything," Angelica said seemingly pouty and all. "Ah... there is something really endearing about that..." Sakura mentioned, and suddenly that rather unsettling grin was on her face as she looked at Angelica. Angelica for her part in this seemed a bit surprised by such a look and blushed a bit while looking away. "Chuck, help..." Angelica said immediately as she was experiencing a set of feelings she currently wasn't sure how to handle. Beyond that there was something about no choice being involved and this would make Sakura agree. "Kaa-sama would agree, no choice is the way of marriage~" she said jovially. Of course, there were some nuances, as the wisdom goddess had five husbands but two was likely just as many as five to someone who didn't know they'd end up with so many.

Page 63 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast