Page 80 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

After managing an impromptu nap and a bit of relaxing morning exercise, Charlemagne easily felt himself springing out of bed to prepare for the more businesslike side of this Nexus trip. Of the two girls present, Angelica knew about the great Pharaohs in passing, at least through earlier mentions by Jeanne d'Arc. They were a fun pair to observe, so long as one wasn't observing them at the wrong time. Charlemagne himself had seen a few times how awkward things could become around them, though even he'd never had a front-row seat of such events. "They're awesome. Definitely relationship goals and leader goals from those two," Charlemagne stated. As he recalled, the Pharaohs had no faults whatsoever... apart from their absolute codependence, but that couldn't truly be a problem in joint leadership and lives lasting thousands of years.

Sakura did not know of the Pharaohs, though that was no surprise. She did, however, find the mention of them interesting... and it seemed she was easily capable of reading between Charlemagne's lines. In regards to her mention of hearing information, Charlemagne could easily say there were few better sources ─ especially for someone from Gaia dealing with this world. "They've got to be some of the most knowledgeable people in the whole world, if you ask me. King Gilgamesh might know more, but... asking him things is different. Much like him though, I wonder if I could successfully call those two..." he mused, a hand on his chin as the copy of Angelica's abode began fading away.

Charlemagne chose to describe the Egyptian Pharaohs as 'relationship goals'. Neither girl fully understood what he meant by that, but it would be interesting to see them nonetheless. Angelica for her part in this seemed to give it a bit of thought as their previous abode faded into the background. "I don't have any idea what that means, but I am somehow excited to meet them," she mentioned. Yes, it was finally time for her to meet someone else. She'd been working on her introductions and trying to have a better time getting to know people. This pair seemed like exactly the sort she could have an easy time introducing herself to without any problems.

Still there was Sakura's part in this. She was most interested in anyone who had knowledge she didn't have, and Charlemagne talked the pair up as being easy-going enough to be approachable and share the information with others. Whatever or whoever a Gilgamesh was, apparently that man was less easily approachd. Sakura didn't judge this too harshly because she understood there were differences shown in all kinds of people. She'd just make sure she gave the lot a fair shake so far as they knew something of interest. "I assume it should be possible to call out to anyone with a grail who is in possession of it. The only truly special case is An-chan. Hm, and perhaps Jea-nee," Sakura asserted seeming to have gained a better understanding of the Grails functionality since her first visit. Angelica didn't currently possess her own grail, so her allowance had to be due to her extended connection to others in the realm. Her attaining her own could be easily fixed by Charlemagne's own future plans since he had no need of the one they'd potentially be capturing. Regardless, they'd find themselves back in the pure white space awaiting the next turn of events. Both she and Angelica would look on a bit, waiting to see how this summoning ritual would go compared to the previous ones.

Indeed, the only exception to normal standards in calling individuals to the Nexus was Angelica. Charlemagne managed to call upon her on a successful gamble, assuming the connection to him was enough to maintain a proper link ─ much like having Jeanne transported despite her current lack of Holy Grail. It had previously been remarkably easy to reach Gilgamesh, though the man himself didn't take kindly to being called upon. Artoria, however, was a simple call. "Alright... I might know a way to get them? The others have all been called with like... strange rituals, basically. It just kind of felt right. So maybe all I have to do is call them the way I see them?"

Taking a moment for his theorizing to settle, Charlemagne looked onward and materialized the Holy Grail attributed to him. Again, he poured its liquid onto the white floor ─ and again, an arch-like structure began forming ahead of where he stood. "If I'm right, then I guess... I invoke two: the pair that stands above the world; the king and queen above all others!" By his incantation, the arch formed fully into a magical gateway. The arch itself was... somewhat familiar, like that of a wedding ceremony where bride and groom would become one. In fact, there was even an altar manifesting in front of the golden portal. Surely he didn't make a mistake, right?

According to Charlemagne he'd been summoning the others with odd rituals. Angelica could understand this, her own summoning had been done at first as if he was calling to her directly. She could assume from a magical perspective that the summoning of others without a deep connection might be easier accomplished with their own rituals attached. Still, it seemed that Charlemagne was treading on mostly unknown territory with his attempts. "Ritual summoning sounds about right," Sakura mentioned. Since the lad hadn't asked for assistance she'd go without telling him that the names of the people he called upon would likely make it much easier to get guaranteed results. No, instead she would see what the lad came up with on his own. As far as she knew, he'd not failed in any of his previous attempts there was no need to assume he would now.

Ah, but who would be called by those exact words? Oddly enough the summoning of a pair that stood above others, did not have as clearly defined people as one might think. The Pharaohs of Egypt should indeed count as a such a pair, but... there was technically another who worked just as easily. It would be another gate to open and through it would step the ever armored, ever blue, Queen of Knights, Artoria Pendragon. Sword in her hand bracing her stance against the ground of the white box. "Oh? A second call..." she found herself in a pleasant enough mood. She would have answered simply out of boredom at this point. Both Angelica and Sakura would look on with curious gazes they were quietly contemplating something.

Charlemagne's summoning attempt was a success yet again... at least in terms of creating a bridge between realms. Where he didn't succeed, was the successful summon of the Pharaohs specifically. He first saw elegant sapphire adorning a small frame, topped by a bun of gold-dusted hair that was all too familiar. Without a doubt, Charlemagne's call reached the wrong person. Maybe there was a mistake that resulted in the previous gate remaining open?

No. He could have no such luck, as his call reached two individuals as originally intended. Just behind the form of Artoria Pendragon was a masculine form suited with golden armor and a bare, flawless torso adorned by crimson marks. This wasn't the last gate he utilized, but one that called upon Artoria Pendragon... and Gilgamesh. "Hmph. I suppose much credit is to be given," said the golden king who, upon passing through the gate, understood the conditions of this call. "It goes without saying that even a child-king trailing behind the Father's coattails can see a truth that is blindingly obvious. This one, I will answer. Rejoice," he stated further.

What was Charlemagne to do now? The two most intimidating individuals in this world, and probably the next few, believed they were called upon with purpose. Neither of them ever seemed the sort to have their time wasted. "I uh... yeah, hehe~" he laughed nervously, scrambling to think of an excuse. "So look, I don't want to waste your guys' time, but uhh... remember that advice from last time?" he asked, looking toward Artoria. In that same moment, Gilgamesh looked toward the woman as well ─ seeming to wonder what sort of advice she'd wasted her breath on.

A proper summoning took place but it wasn't the one which Charlemagne planned. No instead he brought two individuals into the Nexus who both bore their own connections but also those of a unit. The golden haired young woman with the blue dress and armor with a sword shining in her hands had depth and flames in eyes the same color as emeralds. While the man at her side, also golden of hair seemed to bare eyes similar to those of Sakura though with their own type of liveliness. He had a perfect form tattooed and bare at the torso and golden armored from the waist down. This was a pair who was seated at the top of the world, Sakura could see that clearly.

Gilgamesh spoke rather suddenly in a way which made Angelica quite pleased. She also quite enjoyed the dress of the young woman whose face bore striking resemblance to Jeanne d'Arc. "I like him..." she said in response to Gilgamesh's speech. This would bring a chortle from Artoria and she'd only shake her head. "He is superiorly constructed. Though I feel that might not be true enough," Sakura observed in her odd way. "Well yes, that's pretty obvious, and the dress. I love the dress... also you look just like Jeanne, are you her big sister?" Angelica followed up quickly. Which only made Artoria smirk. "Do not encourage him, she looks like me and yes, I am one of her big sisters," Artoria divulged lest she never hear the end of Hoshimi Rie's complaints. "The dress is the work of the Lady Pharaoh, and if it is the color you like and given your look, you must be the one who prefers to be called Angelica. Nice to meet you," Artoria said calmly thereafter. Her eyes wandered to Sakura and she gave her a bit of a scrutinizing look though not for any negative reason.

Ah but a meeting between girls was not the only thing happening apparently Charlemagne chose to state the fact that he didn't intend to waste their time and Artoria for her part in this managed a playful bit of moodiness. "Oh? And here I thought, I had become popular~" she said almost sighing. As for the advice she did remember their previous day's conversation. "So, I take it you still have not quite worked out the title based powers you possess... the Pharaohs would still be most helpful," she said. She understood this lad's current plight, she would not be throwing him under the bus because he'd summoned the wrong pair. "I have never tried summoning anyone here while I am already here, I do not know your full methodology. I might be able to offer assistance, just the same," she offered in a lax manner. Still a few moments peace and time to drink was far from unappreciable.

Something Gilgamesh found most interesting was the initial words of a blonde girl who found him pleasing in some way. Of course, it was only natural for anyone to think such. The other girl who acknowledged his perfection as something beyond the word could also find herself in his good graces. "H'oh? I see common sense does not elude this farce of a realm after all. At least the eyes of its visitors are capable of working," the king mused. He had little concern for the purpose of this summoning, but one thing was of particular interest. His gaze fell upon Angelica, the first to acknowledge him. There was an air of familiarity about that girl, not at all related to any known connections. No, something about that one reeked of... Gilgamesh himself, in a roundabout way. No matter; it seemed she was none the wiser.

After a brief intermission for an exchange between Angelica and Artoria, the latter spoke in regards to Charlemagne's earlier curiosities. He nodded, confirming his lack of progress thus far. This was the day of making such progress... but apparently, his attempts weren't going as planned. As for Charlemagne's methodology as questioned by Artoria, her answer would not come from the man himself. No, it would come instead from Gilgamesh ─ as most boasts always would. "Fuhahaha! Need it be made clearer? The gate you see behind you is one borne of incantation. In this specific case, it is a call to lovers of the ultimate caliber! Whom else would heed such a call?" Gilgamesh prattled, very much enjoying another opportunity to point out a most perfect pairing between Artoria and himself.

"Ugh," that was it. The natural façade of Artoria Pendragon was so easily disrupted by the speech of Gilgamesh. She rolled her eyes before quickly recovering, but such annoyance did not go unnoticed. That being said, the two lasses before her, took the man's words without the normal need of translation or responsive aggression. The short conversation between Artoria and Angelica gave Sakura enough time to observe the other lass. She knew within seconds several details about her which went without general notice. Angelica on the other hand found herself happily thinking about the works of the Lady Pharaoh and happy someone else held her appreciation for the color blue.

Still yet there was laughter which warmed the hearts of all women present, none more than Artoria herself, before the words of Gilgamesh made her left brow twitch with uncontrolled fury. How dare he make the assertion that they were lovers of ultimate caliber. Ultimate power maybe, but that was individual, they were far from anything other than toxic to each other and there was so much audacity involved to make such a weirdly heartwarming declaration as that. Artoria was sure her face was red and this didn't bode well for the Queen of Knight's temperament. Deflection would be necessary and the return of her stoicism with swiftness. "I hate you," she mentioned in the deadpan way she said such things. This immediately sparked great confusion in Sakura as she understood the difference between those words and her feelings. "I don't get it. That was too strong to be sarcasm but she also didn't meant it," Sakura observed absently. The eyes of Artoria widened for a moment. Was this one truly so blunt? She would further commiserate with Charlemagne about sharing the company of people far too honest for their own good. "Moving on, perhaps the lack of specificity was the reason we were summoned instead. The Nexus itself acknowledges us as its Sovereigns so it would make sense that it would pull us first," she said choosing to ignore the details about the nature of her relationship with Gilgamesh and all other things she was no ready for. Artoria Pendragon was truly the type of person to compartmentalize and she would immediately fold away anything unnecessary for the sake of her own sanity. "You would have perhaps had better luck making references more specific to them. I assume you have heard the way they speak to each other... 'Moon of my life, and My sun and stars', Hm..." she paused regaining her composure. "They are... sweet," she said that last word almost as if disgusted, but in truth, she quite admired the Egyptians and their ability to cohabitate and get along, though she'd never choose such for herself. "That one was also strange..." Sakura murmured. "A reference to the Sun and Sky or perhaps the Morning and Evening Star, might be better suited to summon them directly," Artoria offered with her eyes closed. Perhaps if she didn't look at anyone she could get away with her more aloof demeanor? She could hope.

Finally, there was someone bringing attention to Artoria's terrible, pitiful lies. Her alleged hatred of the Hero-King was far from truth. He knew as much, and so did the unnamed girl standing near Charlemagne. The grin couldn't be taken from Gilgamesh's face as he stared through his eye's corner at the Queen of Knights. "Hmph," he muttered smugly. Artoria could try changing the subject all she liked, but nothing could be done about the obvious truths already floating in the air.

Charlemagne had no desire to keep Artoria tormented. He'd seen her reactions to the strange relationship between herself and Gilgamesh; he knew it was a very finicky topic that was best avoided. As an advocate of healthy mental states, he chose to enable her deflection as best as possible. It would all start with acknowledging Sakura's statement. "Best not to worry about that for now. I'll explain later," he urged before quickly addressing Artoria herself. "Yeah, that's my bad. It makes sense that the Nexus wouldn't always get my specific meaning when I call for multiple people at once. I'll keep that in mind and try something more 'them' next time," he said without hesitation. Sakura commented on the blonde queen's behavior once more, prompting Charlemagne to audibly clear his throat in interjection. "Ahem! So, yeah... I don't want to be a bother or anything. I'm sure you guys are busy with that dungeon thing, so I won't hold you up anymore!"

Gilgamesh thought that someone else was bringing attention to the lies of Artoria Pendragon, in truth... Sakura was simply curious about the nature of such a wild contradiction between the young woman's actual mood and the things she said. Sarcasm was something that seemed to be very different from person to person... and Artoria had taken it to a level she simply hadn't encountered before. Whatever the case, her recovery and Charlemagne's quick interjection said a lot about the situation at hand. "Sou ka, this is one of those mortal reactions from higher order beings..." she murmured. Though she didn't have a true reaction she'd accept she'd be filled in on the nature of whatever type of sarcasm that was when Charlemagne had time. Seeing the threads that bound the pair of Artoria and Gilgamesh was interesting, to Sakura their relationship seemed to be like a pair of strings twisted around each other, fighting for dominance. From some angles one is winning and from others the other is claiming victory. One thread was the deep red of absolute infatuation and admiration while the other was a more gentle shade denoting care but also a fight against the depth of the other. They worked together, but it would be some time before they'd reach true harmony. Oh... the Queen of Knights was still processing... and Sakura's observations went to the spiritual body of Artoria instead.

Artoria for her part in this was still scrutinizing the young white haired girl with active red veins all over her person. She was being so very honest about her natural curiosity that Artoria was aghast that this was simply a line of questioning for her. She wasn't purposefully trying to call her out. "An honest question like that is almost stranger to me than anything else. I thought you might have been my brother's charge, but I suppose I was mistaken..." she said of Sakura. "Though you do look surprisingly similar, expression notwithstanding," she confirmed. The words spoken by Artoria let Sakura know two things, that the young woman did know of her own contradictory nature and didn't wish to explain it. And... that she knew the lass Sakura called her twin, she thought to clear it up, realizing that she was the unknown here. "Tohsaka Sakura, yoroshiku onegaishimasu..." she managed. "I have not heard that type of formality in ages, nice to meet you, Sakura," Artoria said figuring if this girl was like the other her preferences would be to not add the extra formality even if it is natural to her being. As for Charlemagne it seemed to have the necessary information. Ah but he was quick to want to get rid of the pair of Artoria and Gilgamesh. Artoria didn't blame him for this, she knew herself to be potentially difficult for some to deal with, and the addition of Gilgamesh was likely not lessening the complexity of the situation. "Come now, you are far from a bother and I am far from busy..." Artoria said those words with a bit of huffiness normally uncommon. There was an unsaid amount of speech there, and a certain pleading to her eyes. 'Do not send me back, I am dying of boredom!'

Page 80 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast