Page 82 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Patricius

Charlemagne scoffed, waving off Angelica's retort. Despite their playful argument, he'd actually be remembering the words she offered. Perhaps it would come up again soon, or perhaps it would take some years to resurface. Whatever the case, his coolness was to be officially considered a matter up for debate, and that simply couldn't stand. It seemed Artoria recognized Angelica's current behavior as one recognized their reflection. He supposed when dealing with someone like Gilgamesh as a partner, there were limited ways to react.

Two monarchs had been guided by the man called Merlin, both having a list of terrible experiences attributed to a lack of guidance from their supposed 'guide' through this world. Charlemagne had a few stories in his memory about the Knight-Queen's dealings with Ishtar, but hearing such things straight from the proverbial horse's mouth was always a bit different. He could hear in her voice the remnants of a great fury and thirst for retribution, likening it to how he occasionally felt when Father An became a topic. That wasn't good, but it was very understandable. "I remember hearing about that, and even being involved in an effort connected to the first part. For that last thing, uh... I'm pretty sure I wasn't on the call list. I've been out of communication since a little before what happened to Jeanne, which Merlin wasn't even around to fail at helping with," he said, only to scoff audibly when Angelica claimed Merlin was of use to her. "Well he's not total garbage or anything. He's just more of a... 'help when it feels right for him' kind of guy. Never seen him not help a girl, though," Charlemagne mused.

Moving on, there was still a need to call upon the Pharaohs before this night ended. Charlemagne had remained standing in view of the portal, wondering if there would be any complications in changing it before Artoria's return. Since she was trapped somewhere else anyway, he figured the only consequence could be a technical positive. The grail emptied into the floor again, and the arch changed with Charlemagne's incantation. "Let's try this again. I call the Morning and the Evening Star ─ the Great King and Queen of Egypt!" he said as the matrimonial arch became one of limestone with electrum ornamentation. Without a doubt, he was getting someone from Egypt out of this one; no other location he'd ever seen had that sort of combination.

Artoria was getting a third person view of the tsundere attitude, and Charlemagne was making mental notes about his 'coolness' in the eyes of his wife. Interesting though it was to witness, Artoria would have nothing directly to say about it. As for Merlin's constant disappearing act, it wasn't entirely his fault. Artoria wasn't a liar by her own nature so she'd make sure that Merlin only truly took responsibility for things that were his fault. "Well, in truth he was locked up in a tower somewhere by our elder sister for a slight. His being missing for a while was likely due to that reason... in that particular case. Besides that... though I am often critical of him... the few times I managed to sleep while I was captured, I am sure it was him looking out for me. I could sense his presence just a little..." Artoria confirmed. As for the nature of her younger sister, she'd been told by her older sister that there had been something of a block surrounding her. "Apparently Clairvoyance is not entirely accurate around Emi... since her actions deny fate," she cleared the air. "Hm, I like Emi-nee better for reference. And it does make sense that Clairvoyance wouldn't function normally around her. She is a witch after all... a maker of her own fate in many ways," Sakura said in that almost Ailen way.

As for what Charlemagne had to say about Merlin, Artoria could only nod. "That is not inaccurate," she commented about Merlin. She found him an annoyance in her personal life but didn't think him to be a terrible individual. She likely would have actually tried to kill him if she thought that of him. In her own eyes, he was always just an annoying old man who wouldn't let her be as much herself as she wished to be. "Hm, well if we all agree that he isn't actually bad for me because I'm not being guided by him in a direct way... then I'll accept his help, if it appears again~" Angelica made that decision with a firm nod. She couldn't help but feel pretty good.

Ah, but all this conversation would come to an end as Charlemagne called upon the Morning and the Evening Star. He brought forth specifically the Great Pharaohs of Egypt and the walking though that gate, which changed ever so slightly. There would be high animal like ears. And thena rounded face. Bright purple eyes and matching hair down to her knees. Beyond this she was dressed in the lightest clothing, a golden bikini top and along wrap around her hips. What was more she wore platform shoes and carried with her a large cane like septar. She'd be leaning against it, seeming bemused. "Oh? A gathering of Kings and... Queens? And here I thought we'd be uninvited~" she teased gently.

"Yeah, he mentioned something about that," Charlemagne said about Merlin. "He's always talking about how he's still 'not really' here ─ that he's still just stuck in a tower somewhere. There was something else about having a new purpose, but I never bothered getting into the details about that," he added for clarity on the old wizard's situation. A few moments later, Sakura was offering commentary about Jeanne's status as a witch, using it to explain the lack of functional clairvoyance when applied to her. If one asked Charlemagne, he'd assume things went a bit beyond that, considering the still-marred state of his own flesh in certain places. Of course, there was no real comment to be made about that by Charlemagne. He had no real issues with Merlin so long as no one was being harmed by the man's queer antics.

Once the gate had been reformed and utilized, a form never forgotten by those who witnessed it stepped through. Pharaoh Nitocris, small in stature though she was, had a special air about her in any introduction... and as was the case in most of those appearances, there was another incredible aura following closely behind. Bronze, glistening skin emerged from that golden portal, stretched over tight muscles and kept from impropriety only by one of two white towels wrapped around the tall male figure's waist. Eyes likened to the sun were lidded, just barely open as he stepped up behind the scepter-wielding woman, another towel loosely draped over his brown locks. "No point running now. I told you I was going to..." He paused immediately upon realizing the sudden change in venue. While one hand held onto the towel atop his head, the other seemed to be reaching out toward the female Pharaoh's lower half from behind. That, too, was brought to a halt with the realization of unexpected company. "Ho? Well, this wasn't part of the plan at all."

Charlemagne apparently knew quite a bit about the current life of Merlin. His words implied that Merlin was still in captivity and that it was a constant complaint of his, while the old mage also claimed to have a new purpose given his new abode. Still, Charlemagne hadn't pressed for more details and Artoria didn't blame him, "Well, at least he is adjusting. I have not laid eyes on him myself in quite a while. I did not expect it to be such an extreme punishment though. It seems I still have something to discuss with my 'Big Sis'," Artoria said with her fingers making quotation marks. Technically speaking she was her elder sister, but she wouldn't have phrased that kind of statement that way. And something else to talk about would make it easier for her to deflect some of the more negative attention she garnered from her siblings.

The entrance of the pair of Pharaohs was always an interesting thing to witness. The few times Artoria had seen it before, she'd only barely registered just how very close their interactions were. She was used to ignoring most things, but some were more easily understood given her own current life situation. A small smile graced Artoria's lips as her eyes closed and she smiled. The light of these two was always quite bright and warming. Perhaps the Morning and the Evening Star were far too accurate for them. "Oh?" Angelica managed almost speechless. The female Pharaoh was quite small and the male one quite big but they both seemed rather pleased until they noted the audience. "Sugoi," murmured Sakura as she looked at the pair with wide eyes. everything about their auras and magic being things she could feel happily against her skin. 'Oh, it seemed we were close to witnessing something... extreme,' Artoria decided. Still... never one to interrupt an entrance she'd wait and see how this played out. Besides this wasn't her particular action, she'd simply be amused by the show. "I assume that door wasn't just supposed to come here. You let it stop you, Ozzy~" Nitocris teased. Of course she would, this young woman seemed to ooze confidence. "But we've been called upon it seems, directly this time even... Would you like to dress for an audience?~" she questioned the man who was standing toweled and still dripping wet. If she received an affirmative, a new form of his usual type of attire would appear in place of his towels, for her to turn and appreciate.

The rulers of Egypt always had an aura about them that stood out even among divine beings. They were especially anomalous when in each other's presence, such as this very moment. Ozymandias found himself and his queen standing before two familiar faces and two total strangers ─ though one looked like some long-lost sibling to Gilgamesh in some way. Whatever this meeting was, Ozymandias wasn't dressed for the occasion. A couple of statements were made by the strangers, but nothing came of the ones Ozymandias knew just yet. There was, however, a tease presented by Nitocris. He'd let this turn of events stop him? Wrong. "Heh! The light of the sun cannot be stopped. At best, it can only be held at bay by obstructions casting a shadow," he stated firmly while an equally firm, albeit discreet, grip was applied to the dark-skinned woman's backside. "But I shine with brilliance. Anytime, anywhere!" he said, a confident grin on his face and a nod of agreement being given to redressing. He'd accept anything Nitocris made or presented, as always. All he wondered was what it would look like this time.

While the pair went through their usual antics when called upon, Charlemagne took the time to speak with those who did not know of them. It was going to be a bit longer before the Pharaohs could be properly addressed, it seemed. "Give them a second, but... these are the Great Pharaohs, King Ozymandias and Queen Nitocris of Egypt. They're two more of the best people you'll ever meet. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think you'll get along in a really weird way..."

The banter between Ozymandias and Nitocris was obviously something very common between them. They had a most playful air when speaking to each other and beyond that seemed to be quite interested in each other even in the presence of others. Sakura seemed to gain a great deal of understanding of the pair of them based solely on the desires she felt and the interaction she was currently witnessing. It was actually quite amazing to see such a pair, she'd never witnessed such a strong bond between a pair, before this moment. "Oh? Well, continue to shine, my sun and stars~" a playful Nitocris couldn't help but giggle as a firm squeeze of her bottom was met ever discrete. They currently had something to do, but part of the fun in life now were these little interruptions. It reminded her of being human of ditching normalcy to indulge and it made her giddy and nostalgic.

"I did miss you today, I figure if I am to gaze upon the sun he should be brilliant. Feel free to bask in the light of perfection~" she claimed as she snapped her fingers. Doing so would change Ozymandias's current toweled look. The man would be shifted from two towels to more legitimate attire. A crown of electrum upon his head with a serpent and eye of Horus upon it, would sit upon swept back locks slick as if still wet and glistening. His eyes would be framed in blue lapis colored lines and his lids dusted in pure gold to help his eyes pop. Several bits of electrum cuffs decorated his ears along with a set of dangling earrings. His perfect face would have the perfect framing as around his neck was a cloak made of the blackest silk embroidered with gold filigree. A high collar was present with electrum and lapis embroidering around the edges and then beneath it. That same cloak was closed by an electrum ankh. His armor would be donned adding ribbing and accents to his exposed and perfect torso and the baggy pants and golden sandals completed his look.

At the same time, Charlemagne would be explaining to Angelica and Sakura that they would enjoy the Egyptians and both of them would be nodding. "We can tell..." Angelica proffered, though suddenly she felt like her introduction needed some more workshopping. "Mite, mite!" Sakura chirped seeming bemused by the pair dressing before them. Their works were great and even more so than that was their attitudes. Another snap would occur and Nitorcis would be more appropriately dressed as well. Slivers of white silk and an amalgamation of electrum jewelry would be donned. Several disks upon her hips as her filled form became even more obvious. That little glow to her eyes remained as well as her choice in shoes. That being said, her hair was allowed to be a bit wilder and more solidly purple as she stood beside Ozymandias with a smile on her face. Her dark skin was showing between that small amount of cloth but she didn't seem the slightest bit uncomfortable. Such was more what someone like Sakura was used to given the tastes of her own mother, but it was still amazing to see.

Ozymandias was urged to shine further, and shine, he would. If for no other reason, he would do so simply because Nitocris saw fit to adorn him anew, doing away with his drab old brown and white look to clad him in black, lapis and electrum from head to toe for an overall more regal visage. Even the new crown upon his head fit like a glove, giving no sense of discomfort at all. Though he couldn't see himself, Ozymandias knew this was just another upgrade. "Oh, is this why you ran? I wasn't expecting this kind of surprise. How do I look?" he questioned loudly enough to be heard by all, though... any who knew Ozymandias would also know he accepted any commentary, but cared for only what passed one pair of lips.

Regardless of his own appearance, there was one thing Ozymandias would always hold in higher regard. Nitocris adorned herself with new garbs as well, taking the purity of white to barely cover flesh that shined as if bathed in moonlight. Ozymandias cared not for where they were, or the reason they were called here; only one thing mattered now. "Look at that. Look. At. That. I ask anyone... Whom else could bring the sun into view and eclipse it mere seconds later? Don't waste your time answering; the answer is no one else!" he praised with absolute shamelessness. The male Pharaoh's eyes never stopped trailing up and down the woman's body, just as nearly all of his teeth glistened through the massive smile on his face. He had a bit more than a tingle starting in his breeches, but... that was beyond normal in such a case. "This place is unfit. Since no one else has done so, the sun will shine its blessings down upon this canvas!" he announced, deeming the Nexus's current state less than suitable for his queen to be viewed within it. With arms spread wide, Ozymandias caused a massive shift within the Nexus. There would first be something of an earthquake felt by all present, and then...

In the heart of the Nexus, quartz structures soared into the sky, gleaming in the sunlight of a newborn star with an otherworldly purity. Pillars, adorned with intricate hieroglyphic patterns, lined grand boulevards, standing tall and proud. The streets below, paved with polished white stones, reflected the ethereal glow of the structures above. A harmonious blend of modern elegance and ancient motifs adorned every facet, creating a cityscape where the majesty of quartz met the timeless charm of pharaonic artistry. The grand plaza at the city's center boasted a colossal quartz obelisk surrounded by fountains, evoking a serene symphony of flowing water. This quartz-laden metropolis stood as a testament to architectural brilliance, a utopian haven where the echoes of Egypt resonated with a contemporary flourish. In less than a minute, Ozymandias made the Nexus flourish, using only Nitocris's new look as his inspiration ─ all to elevate the venue and emphasize the woman's recent decision. As for the others, well... they were allowed to bask in all of these visuals from within the grand plaza.

Ozymandias had his look upgraded and Nitocris much like she always would when someone else was present, waited to hear out the commentary of the others present before she offered her own. She'd turn to the man studying his visage and seemingly appreciate her own work. Her hands came up as if framing the man to have a look at him in the right light. "I wasn't running, it was a tactical retreat!~" she offered winking at Artoria while borrowing one of her favorite phrases. She seemed perfectly amused by her own actions and oddly enough Artoria would speak up. "Very nice. I like the blue. The hair is a nice touch too, great work as always, Queen Nitocris~" she stated seemingly pleased to see this particular display. "Sugoi, it's really great and it fits him so well! Ah, but that isn't gold is it, gold isn't that shiny..." claimed Sakura who seemed more and more enthused by the second. Odd, that girl had been mostly emotionless herself but in her newest form seemed much more expressive in these moments of happiness. "I also think the blue is a great touch," Angelica agreed. Ah and after all of this Nitocris would nod her approval. "Definitely some of my favorite work. And no it isn't gold, the Pharaohs of Egypt use Electrum... it is specific to us," she clarified. "Though I do appreciate the feedback!~" she claimed. Looking back to find Artoria casually giving them both a thumbs up. "My my, I do good work, but you wear it so well.... it always makes it worthwhile, to bask in the everlasting glow of the sun. Especially when the day has been so cold~" she chimed seemingly pleased. It was definitely a look worth placing him in, and more a look worth pulling off him as well.

Ah, but it wouldn't just be this redressing of the pair. Of course Artoria was aware of a certain 'issue' which was part of the shared problems of Ozymandias and Gilgamesh. He desired to show off his woman to the entire world and put her own display. The difference between Artoria and Nitocris was... that Nitocris was fully comfortable within her own skin. She stood before the man after her own look with hands upon her hips. "Oh, this? I made this ages ago, just decided to slip into something cute for the afternoon~" she teased gently. Of course, the rest of the world around them also needed to change and when it did Artoria found herself looking up and around the space with a gentle nod. This was a great work of the Pharaoh Ozymandias and she could always appreciate his works. "Whoa, this is so much better than anything I've ever seen before. It puts all of Aincrad to shame and he just threw it up! It's amazing!" claimed Angelica immediate as she looked at it. "Everything's so tall, and stable. It's amazing... even if you were used to seeing something amazing it's beyond it!" Sakura chorused. Both of these girls were obviously on their first go around with the Pharaohs. "Yes, their works are always well beyond the norm. I do like this as well," Artoria gave a stable comment. It was always nice to see the Egyptians having fun.

"If it was so tactical, then the end result is something you intended. Remember that," he said with a cheeky smirk sent Nitocris's way, and another glance delivered to Artoria. He'd leave his double-purposed statement at that, not one to bother the Queen of Knights too much. No, he merely nodded as she praised his queen's work. Ah, but Artoria was not the only one doing so; the two strangers had comments to make as well. He had nothing to say, however, until Nitocris herself spoke again. He looked to her with a gaze more piercing than ever before, if only due to her own decisions with his makeup. "A cold day is no good. No need to worry. The primary duty of the sun is to warm, so I will do so. But first..."

Very quickly was Ozymandias able to assemble a cityscape within the Nexus, having no need of raw materials or mana to do so. While others were commenting on the structures, Ozymandias was mentally hanging on to the statement made by Nitocris just before. Another sly squeeze to the woman's rump occurred as he passed her by, speaking softly another clause. "I'd still rather you slip out of it," he nearly whispered. With that said, Ozymandias would finally address whatever purpose for which they were summoned today. This was another interruption he'd rather be without, but... the Pharaohs were people of reason, and he expected this call to be one of importance. "Observe the might of the pharaohs as you wish, but explain your purpose. You did not call the Morning and Evening Star for chatter," he said, radiating an authority that Charlemagne was quick to address properly. "Right. Queen Artoria instructed me to call you two for advice. I've been titled the King of Faith. The problem is... I have no idea what the associated abilities are, or what I'm expected to lord over or... whatever," Charlemagne explained as succinctly as possible, prompting Ozymandias to tilt his head and stare at the other male strangely. As he understood it, King of Faith should be a very powerful title indeed, but... how could it truly be explained?

Ozymandias spoke of intent. Of course, in doing so only a healthy chuckle would leave the mouth of Nitocris, after all... she knew what she was intending. Ah but Artoria Pendragon was still a bit of a young queen. Perhaps that advice would benefit her? The gentle reddening of her cheeks and the aversion of her gaze was enough to say she at least understood the message. If only she could have kept the understanding from being confirmable on her face, she might have lived a happy life. "Oh, full of cheek today~" she mused about Ozymandias's words. But there was the matter of her clasped bottom and the quiet words shared between them. If it was his intention to warm he needed no extra effort to achieve this goal, "But a gaze is all that's needed, or a touch~" she smirked just a bit.

Of course, the Egyptians were always outrageously flirty, it was simply their nature. None would ever begrudge them their happiness. Even as they sneakily touched and appreciated each others forms all people currently present were willing to turn the other way and give them the privacy they deserved. Well, that wasn't entirely true, the pair of younger goddesses were not shy at all, both were steadily gawking at both the works and the pair as if they were seeing something great for the first time. Just the same, the last whispered statement of Ozymandias would indeed get a quick quip in return from Nitocris in an equally quiet voice. "I'd rather something slip into me~" she griped with a warm hand on her bottom. Of course, there was whatever they'd been called here for and it seemed to revolve around the Knight Charlemagne.

If Nitocris remembered correctly, he was once a true companion of Jeanne d'Arc. And he'd been told by Artoria Pendragon that if he needed advice he should seek them. Oh? How curious, how very open Artoria had become and how strange, she'd heard nothing of another Holy Grail War. "I thought the wars had all but stopped. King of Faith... the Nexus is something else giving out a title like that. Twice even Queen of Passion is a pretty ridiculous title as well," Nitocris mentioned, those glowing purple eyes shifting to Sakura. Two new grail holders were here and in need of a chat, Artoria nodded her agreement, "I had a similar reaction. I didn't even know about the other one," she mentioned finally returning her gaze to the group at large. At least she was recovering easier from her embarassment. "Oh? You can see something like that... interesting, but I didn't win a grail, I made one." Sakura said casually.

Page 82 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast