Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Templar Sanctum (Aincrad)

According to Charles he was breathing, perhaps he was, but he wasn't internalizing the action. Actually, if the mana in his body was being sensed properly, she'd say he'd been holding his breath right up until the point it began to pool in his loins. Of course, she wouldn't mention that, it seemed almost rude to have noticed in the first place. "Uh-huh, if you say so," she said, not managing to avoid the teasing tone she normally had. It was far too much to ask of the lad, whatever he presently thought of her, he was still teaching her about making fires. She was sure this wasn't a lesson that would ever slip her mind. He claimed she had no idea, she begged to differ. What she did know had her more confused than anything had in at least 1000 years.

Speaking of the lesson, it was continuing. Yes still with the innuendo but that was almost starting to seem normal. But here and now she was to place her little starting fire into the space in the fire pit. And place some more sticks on top of it. She could manage at least that. "Okay, into the space, more sticks on top..." she mused. Seeming to keep up with the bit about fires. Of course, they were having a good time and she had a moment or two to get her life together without Charles pressed against the back of her. Her face might even be able to go back to its original pallor at some point. Good good. Now, what she really needed in life more than anything was to speak with someone who better understood humans, because it was obvious she was missing a lot. Times like this, truly made her miss the girl who'd dubbed herself her 'Big Sis'.

It went without saying that Angelica didn't believe a word he said. It was always like this; she had to have some sort of sense for his lies. That'd make marriage either really simple, or really awkward in the future. Wait, no! He wasn't entertaining that idea! There was no way it could possibly work! He was here to... oh. He was here on a date, because he had already at least somewhat entertained the engagement. Charlemagne should have questioned when that even happened, as he couldn't remember reaching any conclusion besides no.

What he did remember, was agreeing within this 'date' to teach Angelica a useful survival skill or two. Now, she was placing tinder in her first non-magical fire. A few additional sticks placed atop it, and Charlemagne was sitting back to watch the smoke rise. They'd have a solid burning flame in a matter of moments. Now then, since he was already outed for his current state, Charlemagne wondered if he should bother continuing to sit. That still wasn't something to just leave visible, right? "Good work! We can go ahead with the fishing now. Well... not now. I uh... I'm gonna sit here for a minute," he said in the most direct way he could manage. If Angelica thought she needed guidance, Charlemagne was in the same boat. Between instinct and religion, he was going through the most difficult trial of his life. The Saxons would really be an easier thing to overcome than this. . .

Finally, a fire had been started. Those little flame tongues, were starting to move and that made Angelica breathe a sigh of relief. It was nice to know that even a distraction and mental meltdown the likes of which her age old mind had never known before, didn't manage to keep her from following through with a new goal. They were both unaware the extremes of effects they had on each other, but that was just another bit of an adventure. Now it was time for fishing, but not before Charles congratulated her on her most recent work. She would have responded to that alone but apparently they wouldn't be immediately moving on to fishing. Instead he would be sitting down for a minute... why? A bit of thought ensued before Angelica's eyes widened.

"Oh, yeah. Take your time... I'm gonna go... hang out over there..." she mentioned. Maybe if all else failed she could drown herself and no one would be any wiser. Well, that might traumatize Charles a little but, he seemed to be already on the trauma change. A single death would be fine, and would also remove the added tension of his potential getting married to her. Not that she didn't want to marry him. No, if anything she was more set on the idea now than she had been when she'd come up with it. Even so, she didn't expect this level of complexity to go along with it. But given the way she felt for so long, perhaps the humans understood better the merits of 'Mana Transfer' controlled by emotions.

For a time, Charlemagne wondered if they would ever actually accomplish a fire. Things seemed rather dangerous as of the past few minutes. Finally though, a flame was growing properly. This situation could turn around toward a more positive direction. At least, that was how it seemed. Charlemagne didn't breathe a sigh of relief only to immediately enter a stressful situation this time, so that was something of a win already.

He would be sitting around until that pesky erection went away. Luckily enough, Angelica made the decision to move somewhere else for a while. That sort of separation wasn't exactly conducive to a date, but perhaps it could be likened to a quick restroom trip. Oh, that wasn't a good thought at all. There were a lot of things a single man could do with a restroom trip, and one of those things would be helpful right now. What a terrible thought! "Yeah, sure. I'll be there in just a minute... I think," he claimed. Of course, Charlemagne wasn't sure how long it would actually take. If Angelica made the wrong... or right move when taking herself elsewhere, he'd basically be back to square one.

Where would Angelica go in a moment like this? Well, she stood dusted off and wandered over towards the little dock. She'd casually find herelf sitting on the end of the pier looking out at the water and calming her mind. Actually, she really liked these big open expanses of water now that she was looking at it. Perhaps this was something worth considering, when she got around to a bit more landscaping to go along with her redecorating. Yes, that was something she should consider. All the while she was willing to leave Charles alone for just a bit. This place truly was rather peaceful. Besides, in a moment like this, a bit of cold water on her feet and a nice view was a good way to distract herself from whatever strangeness came to her thoughts were Charles was concerned. Yes, this was a date, it'd been interesting so far. Actually, she assumed most dates weren't this awkward, but again... she didn't have anyone to ask about it now. Maybe that would change soon as well?

Maybe a lot of things would change soon. Maybe among those changes would be a change in the state of Charlemagne's manhood. That would have been lovely... if it didn't change in the wrong direction. Ah but no, he couldn't do the things necessary to make that happen. Instead, when Angelica stood up to take her leave, he let his eyes wander. Some credit could be given for his attempt to look away, right? Well... probably not. He thought he should look away, but never did he manage to do so. All he managed to do was make his trunks fit even more snugly. . .

Even with his terrible decision of watching Angelica walk away, Charlemagne was eventually set on the right track for her backside being out of sight. He could sit where he was, taking a bit of extra time to let the thoughts pass. All things considered, that could have been way worse than it was. Luckily, Angelica didn't prove to be so casual about a "simple mana transfer" as he expected. He wasn't sure why that was the case, but he would have expected her to treat the situation like it was nothing. Ah, some luck struck him this day.

It took Charlemagne a solid few minutes of relaxing/meditating before he reached an appropriate level of flaccidity. With that, he could finally get up and move around comfortably. Once he was up and about, he looked first to the moving water around that net he'd placed earlier. Many small fish on their way toward the river had been caught, and they would soon be useful. "Whew! Thanks for waiting; we can get started now! Er... I'd offer a drink, but all I have in the tent out here is beer. I could make a quick trip to the cabin if you'd like though," he said, assuming one called the Holy Princess wanted nothing to do with beer of all things.

It would probably be a while before this pair of people understood the kind of effect they had on each other. Such was to be expected when two teens met with different backgrounds at such a strange junction in their lives. Regardless, Angelica easily found herself staring out into space, her mind nearly blank enough to hear whispers over the water. Once again, she seemed to have dozed off a bit, well, not really... she was listening rather intently once more for that strange voice which kept trying to reach out to her, it was almost like a breeze, but once again, it disappeared. Her concentration broken but not in a way she minded at all.

It'd taken a few mintues, but eventually Charles was up and moving around again. He claimed they could now get started and this piqued her interest. Of course, he went on to offer a drink, claiming he only had beer in the tent but offering to get her something else. One of those preferred little blurbs popped back up into her head and she waved him off. "Beer is fine, I haven't had one in ages. But why is that the only thing in your tent?" she asked, seemingly more interested in why that specific drink than turning it down in favor of something else. She wouldn't send him out of the way just to get her something else to drink. Besides all that, she didn't dislike beer to start with, though she could see how it might be an acquired taste.

Charlemagne had no idea what happened while Angelica looked out at sea, nor did he have any idea she'd been spacing out in such a way recently. It was the first time such a thing occurred around him, and he was rather preoccupied with his own situation at the time─ there was no noticing that. Now was the time to figure out what he'd be searching for in the cabin... except that wouldn't be happening. Just as he prepared to turn around, Angelica said beer was... fine.

What? Charlemagne had been attached to Aincrad for about a millennium by now, yet he'd never heard a stranger thing from anyone else here. Something about princesses of any sort and beer just didn't seem to mix naturally. It was a surprising thing to hear, albeit not unpleasant. Frankly, Charlemagne considered it to be something of a humanizing element to the otherwise beacon of holy majesty. "I'm not even going to ask when you've ever had a beer. Alright," he replied. En route to the tent, Charlemagne processed a question. Why was beer the only thing in his tent? The answer may have been strange. "It's kind of a tradition I guess? You're most likely to learn how to fish from some old guy, and they often have beer around. It sorta fits. It's a long, relaxing activity, so a few casual beers is the way it goes," he explained.

With that said, he'd reach into the tent and exert himself just a bit to lift a keg onto his shoulder. Two mugs were grabbed as well, just before he turned about and walked toward the dock. "Full disclosure, I'm cheating just a little," he said while lowering the keg. "This thing's a magic item that keeps the beer cold until it's poured. It's not exactly living off the land, but..." The clause ended there with a shrug. Charlemagne wasted no further time before tapping the keg and filling both mugs, one of which he offered to Angelica, while the other was placed on the dock. "Have that. I'll grab the rods and bait."

It seemed that there was a bit of strangeness when Angelica mentioned that she wouldn't mind drinking a beer. Of course, there was quite a tale behind most of Angelica's life experiences. She'd gone without talking about them for quite some time mostly because of her own remaining feelings about the person she'd experienced them with. Of course, she could talk about it now, but she was rather pleased. "I assume my first beer experience wasn't too strange a thing. I didn't expect that to be surprising at all..." she stated. Regardless, it seemed there was an open answer to the question she posed.

According to Charles, one was usually taught to fish by an old man. Said old man usually had beer and it became a part of the tradition of fishing. It was a relaxing and quiet experience and casual drinking seemed to go hand in hand with that. "I see. That does make a reasonable amount of sense. I am kind of glad that a random old guy isn't teaching me though. Seems like that would be boring," she said placing the thought away for a while. Charles came back from the tent with a keg and two mugs in tow. He claimed this was kind of cheating for their 'living off the land' scenario, but also made the claim that the beer was kept cold within the keg. "Well, if I am being honest, warm beer is disgusting so... thanks for the minor deviation from the original plan~" she mused. Soon after she accepted the mug and casually took a sip out of it. There really was something to the whole, old beer thing. She could easily find herself staring out into the distance again, this time being a bit more conscious of her surroundings given Charles was only walking away for a moment.

Angelica didn't believe her first beer-drinking experience was strange. Charlemagne could imagine why. Apart from himself, there were only two likely suspects for introducing the Holy Princess to cheap alcohol. One was unrealistic at face-value, but... he knew a bit better than most how that one was. "I shouldn't be surprised. Apparently, beer is the common drink of many places here. There are these places, Mesopotamia and Egypt, where beer is super popular. Wine is a way more precious thing, but somewhere like this, wine is what's expected. The outside world is weird sometimes," he rambled.

Charlemagne had been taught the art of fishing by an old man in his original life, and again by an old man within Aincrad. Both of those elders were drinkers of beer, so it was only natural that he'd become one. It may not have even been his drink of choice, but it felt right when fishing. As for Angelica not being taught by an old man, Charlemagne scoffed. "You are being taught by an old man. I'm somewhere around a thousand by now," he said from a few meters away while dragging a net full of small fish out of the water. With the net slung over his shoulder, he took both rods in one hand to begin his return trip. "I know you are too; I'm not even sure which of us is older. But... a thousand years is more than ten times a normal person's lifespan. Where I come from, you'd be lucky to see eighty," he mused. Charlemagne took a seat on the pier's edge with that note. The two fishing rods were placed between Angelica and himself, and the net was secured just behind them. He took a moment before getting into the thick of things to pick up his mug and raise it to toast.

Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast