According to Charles, she'd been lied to about his leadership skills. "You're being modest. That is an amiable quality, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation..." she said, having one of those hard opinions of hers rear its head. Charles could claim all he wanted that he was bad at being a leader but the outcomes spoke for themselves. As for her own failure or winning at meeting new people she shrugged. "I suppose those odds aren't too bad. Even so I do try to make reasonable first impressions, while being as honest as I can," she said giving a little bit of a nod. Charles did a good job of comforting the lass with her awkwardness thus making him stand out more in her mind. In all actuality, it was dangerously close to her not actually losing her first friend, not that she could rightly explain that to someone like Charles.

Whatever the case, Charles offered to introduce the lass to her neighbors, about that she could only be excited. Regardless of the issues she maintained with her father, she'd actually very much enjoy meeting with some new people. Archbishop Turpin had given her a bit of information which made her think it might be possible for her to make a few more friends perhaps. "I'd like that... not Roland, but I feel like I could come to terms with everyone else. Especially the girls! I haven't seen another girl in ages! Well a new one, Bradamante stopped by a while ago~" she said her eyes were practically sparkling.

Oh? Charles had a response to the idea of marrying her and claimed that he couldn't marry a princess. He even claimed that she should talk her father out of such an arrangement, that only cemented him into the job more. Technically speaking Angelica didn't know much about the world, but her own understanding said arranged marriages typically weren't a good thing. Her earlier conversations with her only female friend had given her the idea that men who threw themselves at women of high status were out to get something and that letting parents arrange marriages would normally end up with someone like the parent in question ending up someone's partner. "I don't think talking 'sense' into him as you put it is in my best interest. As it stands, if I talked him out of you as a choice, I'd end up with someone I won't like who is more than likely more like him. That isn't exactly to my benefit besides," she said calmly sipping tea. "Have you ever stopped to think that the fact that your motivations aren't political or power driven is the exact reason you are worthy of such positions?" she questioned in a more direct manner. This lad might not understand all the nuances of this decision, but Angelica herself had chosen him and her choice was becoming more solidified by the moment. If he was worried about being a good emperor and worried about marrying then he'd likely put forth his best efforts if he got seated with either. The same was already true of his position as leader of a group. He had nothing to worry about, even if he didn't have the innate use of the confidence of his works to roll with. Actually, he really was reminding her more and more of a certain Saintly existence she'd once chatted with....