The pair had a moral code that aligned seemingly at all times. To Charlemagne, it was relieving to know someone who spent their entire thousand years of life locked in one spot to have such fair viewpoints on anything. One could have expected her to be some jaded individual angry at the world for her own situation, or to have her head so far up her own arse the bulge of it could be seen in her torso. Everyone deserved a shot at happy life, and Angelica understood that.

Angelica also understood how ridiculous it would be if Charlemagne became the sort of old man he described. He didn't seem to be aging more than a year every few centuries at this point, but what if he randomly started to? If nothing else, Angelica assured him that she'd point out his lack of coolness and enable a bit of self-decapitation. Charlemagne heaved a great sigh of relief. "Whew! Good. If I ever even look like I'm becoming that, I give you full authority to slap the living daylights out of me and tell me what for!" he declared.

His explanation of casting a line was obviously taken as innuendo, or at least suspected as one. Charlemagne saw that quick glance in his direction a gulped. Ah, but Angelica moved on from that without a word spoken. Good. Once her line was out, Charlemagne flung his own rod to land in the water a few meters away. "And now... we wait. One of us will get a bite eventually," he said. A quick toast to the air, and Charlemagne was back to gulping beer.