Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Templar Sanctum (Aincrad)

Angelica asked a question based on her own understanding of the way the non-magical world worked. It seemed there were no problems to be taken with her understanding. No assumption she'd made in her tirade had been called untrue. Instead, projection was the name of the game when it came to humans. They lived vicariously through their children and only came to enjoy the unceasing problems they caused others as they reached their status as elders. "That seems stupid. And like a good way to never have someone speak to you again," she said simply, in her opinion these elders of the non-magical world were problematic if they went along with this nonsense. This was especially the case, since they had to be young once. The idea that someone would make a world which aimed to keep the young down was ridiculous, it went against everything that Angelica felt in her heart. Passing on the torch, leaving the next generation with good values so they could make their own decisions, seemed like a better way. This was especially true when humans of the other world considered their limited lifetimes, but perhaps the rest was a trick of mortality. Being alive and knowing that death was coming but not knowing what death would equate to, likely caused a great deal of strain on humans, she could see that potentially.

There were many things Angelica could have chosen to focus on, and she'd been trying not to have any of them be Charles' form. But she was failing at that just a bit. He seemed so keen to strip out of his clothing and she was keen to steal glances. His form quite attractive to her, she knew she should be averting her gaze soon enough to ensure her surprise. Imagine her dismay when he so easily stood around in just his boxers to have part of this conversation. She could have had several things to say to it as well, but he'd gone and said something sweet. Even while pointing out the strangeness of Angelica and the openness of her attitude, he was accepting of it. In fact, his words were that he wouldn't change it. That made her face flush. and she found herself twisting a little lock of hair while turning her nose up a bit. She was caught off guard for just a moment. "Hmph, well if you feel that way about it. I'll just keep being me..." she said affirmatively. Even if she was odd, if her soon to be husband didn't care too much she had no reason to care what anyone else thought of her. She could be happy knowing he understood her. The thought alone gave her a terribly warm feeling inside.

"It is pretty stupid," Charlemagne agreed. "Mind you, it's not like they're all like that. It's also technically good in a weird way, at least short-term. A lot of young people do grow up and separate from their elders to get away from that attitude, becoming their own people. That's pretty wholesome until... some of those same people become old, and become the same way," he stated. The world was one big, convoluted mess of growth in different directions, whether one was viewing Charlemagne's original world, or the one they were in currently.

Charlemagne wasn't going to be standing around in his skivvies all day or anything. While they spoke, he was stepping into the pants he'd been given. His pace was casual, almost as if he didn't care at all. Once he'd gotten into them, there was a surprising amount of comfort to be found. Charlemagne hadn't sported a pair of relaxing pajama bottoms in so many years, he couldn't even begin to count them. Ah, but then there was the shirt─ the shirt he flung over his head as if to don it, slipped both arms into, and... immediately failed to successfully pull over his head. Angelica was claiming she'd keep being herself, and in that same time, Charlemagne was blinded by that black, silken garment. "You shouldn't ever be anything else, but hey, uh... does being 'you' include being able to help me out a bit? This is uh... a way smaller shirt than I thought it was at first─" he said, one arm kept extended overhead with a hand flapping about.

Agreement. Charles also thought it was a stupid way to live. It was not just a simple complementary understanding either, he came with further elaboration. Apparently, it wasn't uncommon for those oppressed by the previous generation to move away and not all parents were bad. She'd heard something like that from Jeanne. Her parents sounded very involved in the lives of their children. "That change in attitude seems counterproductive to living happily, they should have stayed wholesome," she said seeming to not understand how someone goes shirking authority, to being so full of themselves they think their own should be obeyed.

Whatever the case, she was now watching as Charles very casually slid himself into pants. That was probably for the best. Her own hint of embarrassment manifested in her turning away, but Charles's words made her look back to find the lad basically trapped within the black shirt she'd made for him. The corner of her lips would lift into a gentle smile as she stared at him. She found it rather funny but was also immediately distracted by that exposed torso of his. She took a deep breath and swallowed seeming to try and clear her thoughts while taking a few measured steps closer. "Yes, I suppose I would help you out there, trapped as you are~" she teased. She was careful, but not really. She couldn't really resist reaching out pulling the twisted pieces of shirt straight but having their skin make contact at various intervals. She'd help his head through the neck hole and stretch her arm so that he could find the one he'd missed. Her own body rather close to his as the arrangement would allow him to poke his head through. She was working with almost blankness behind her eyes, she shouldn't be like this but... he was so nice to look at and touch. Obviously he was distracting her.

Once more, Charlemagne could only agree with the princess's train of thought. He, too, believed it would have been better if the elderly didn't randomly inherit the flaws of previous elders. Alas, that single negative allowed the other side of the equation to shine more brightly. Perhaps this was what many viewed as necessary evil. "It does suck. I don't think it's such a terrible thing, though. It's easier to appreciate the good things about the wholesome side when the other half exists like it does," he stated. Charlemagne occasionally managed a prolific line or two; it just happened to occur this time while he was trapped under a shirt and presumably looking anything but cool. . .

Death by embarrassment was a thing many people wondered about. Did it exist? Would anyone ever find out? Well, Charlemagne more specifically wondered if he could implode due to being too uncool. It seemed he couldn't, as there were few things less cool than his current predicament. Luckily for the Templar Knight and future Holy Emperor, Angelica had him covered. He could almost hear her laughing at his expense. In his head, at least, she was. Strangely, he soon felt contact against his skin in moments he would normally deem unnecessary. Why could he feel her on his torso when all she had to do was help find the hole in his shirt? "Um─? Having trouble out there?" he wondered aloud. Either way, his shirt was eventually straightened enough... and he could satisfyingly feel the neck hole of it slipping over his head. "Ahh~!" Finally, freedom! Charlemagne's head emerged from the confines of that shirt, and he proceeded to pull it down over his torso. Oh. Suddenly, his trapped state made sense; the shirt was like another layer of skin! "Huh. I wasn't expecting a compression shirt. I didn't think I told you about the workout," he said, assuming the shirt was created for the sake of fitting his pre-sleep workout routine... which he'd probably never actually told her about.

Once more, he agreed. It would seem that Angelica's understanding of social norms in that non-magical world were at least less convoluted than her understanding of the world in general. Charles seemed to be on a line of prolific thought, even with his head covered by tight black fabric. He claimed that it was terrible but that the wholesome stood out more against the grotesqueness of the previous generations folly. "I can't argue that... it seems pretty sound," she said seeming to think that maybe it did make the good among the bad stand out as shining examples.

What didn't stand out as a shining example of anything good was her current fixation on Charles's body. Of course, she'd never denied being interested in him, and as such she felt he shouldn't find her activities that odd. Of course, it was more or less just a matter of her own contact with his skin while she helped him into his shirt. He questioned on her on her work but she remained mostly nonchalant about her activities. "It is taking a bit of doing, but it'll be worth it," she mused. And lo, his head popped through and she stepped back, watching as that second skin covered his exposed flesh and she was pleased. This was exactly the look she'd imagined and she couldn't have been happier to see it. Her unabashed staring would only be interrupted by some more speech from Charles. What was he saying now? He wasn't expecting what he called a 'compression' shirt and he hadn't told her about his workout. "I made that shirt because I thought it would look nice on you... I was right," she said plainly. "What's a workout?"

Charlemagne was infinitely satisfied to finally have his head through the shirt, going so far as to sigh contentment and stretch just to break it in a little. He wasn't going to harp on why his skin was being touched here and there. If anything, something about skin-to-skin contact with Angelica was far more pleasant than any random contact with others. Perhaps that had something to do with divinity, or something else he couldn't possibly understand in full.

He hadn't mentioned his workout routine to Angelica at all. How did Charlemagne acquire confirmation of that? She said the shirt was made because she thought it would look nice, and furthermore thought she'd been right. Charlemagne didn't even have a chance to react to that embarrassment, as Angelica immediately brought into question what a workout was. The shock value alone made him halt mid-stretch, staring, blinking intermittently, mouth slightly agape. "Well... it's conditioning the body. Some people do it to get stronger, some do it to make themselves relaxed, and some do it to hone their skills. Humans have to do that sort of thing for growth; our bodies are in a constant state of flux."

That nicely fitted shirt was one thing, and the comforting feeling to skin to skin contact was another. Angelica was already at least a little aware of why she seemed to enjoy the contact, as it gave her skin light tingles letting her know it was a pleasant interact of mana which she enjoyed in addition to the contact just being something she likely would have sought regardless. Beyond that point though, it seemed she'd managed to surprise Charles. Was it with her comment about his attractiveness in the attire she'd made for him? No. Not it was not, instead the man simply seemed baffled by the fact that she didn't understand the idea of working out.

Of course, it made sense that she had no idea what that was. Her own form didn't change after puberty had properly set in, and she didn't gain weight or lose physical power at all. Only her magical power seemed to fluctuate at all. Regardless his following explanation seemed to be quite odd to her ears. Everything he explained humans doing for the sake of physical conditioning could be accomplished in a single physical and magical interaction. "Hm, maybe it is the human thing, but that all seems like you could do it with a Mana Transfer and achieve the same end result," she said in the straightforward and socially abnormal way she said most things.

Charlemagne offered his best explanation of workouts and their purpose, only for Angelica to receive it in a very strange way. What was she thinking of it? Probably something he'd be further baffled by, if he had to make assumptions. Only a brief silence ensued before Angelica affirmed just what he'd been thinking. She claimed the results of working out were all things acquirable via mana transfer. She certainly wasn't wrong, given what he knew about Heroic Spirits... but it was such an Angelica thing to say regardless of the facts.

"I─ well... yes," he accepted. Mana transfers were undoubtedly a method of achieving the same results as workouts, probably with additional benefits to boot. On the other hand, it wasn't like a mana transfer would have been a viable option. "But, mana transfers require other people and all that jazz. Working out is something you can do by yourself, and gives a really rewarding feeling at the end. Besides... mana transfers don't mean the same thing nowadays, remember? It's not like someone can just go out and ask someone for one, unless they're a Heroic Spirit talking to their Master," he explained. Surely someone of Angelica's status had no use of physical activity to sustain herself. Surely consistent mana transfers would allow anyone with enough mana quality to sustain themselves without exercise, but that wasn't a reasonable thing for humans to expect at all. Most wouldn't have even been capable of utilizing a mana transfer properly anyway. . .

Charles was unable to rebut the way Angelica thought about this workout that he explained. Mana Transfers would indeed cover all those things, but it seemed she'd forgotten how tied up humans seemed to be about the entire thing. Right, those words seemed to be tied directly to the human emotional bonding aspects of sex in general. That was fine as well, that also didn't technically change the way she thought about it. In fact a simple wave of her hand would occur. "Humans are simultaneously far too simple and far too complex," she claimed.

"Though I suppose there are merits to things done for one's own interest. I understand it for things like archery, but my body is how it is... Though I find yours pleasing so, if this working out thing is part of that, I wouldn't try to talk you out of it," she said with a casual shrug. There was an entire tirade in there somewhere. You know, concerning the fact that mana transfers were thought of oddly, and the fact that exchanging mana strengthens both individuals so long as their quality is similar. But there was the fact that humans couldn't really perceive mana in the same way. Perhaps honing their bodies was a way to show themselves as readily available even when their magic couldn't show it off for them.

Simple, yet complex, was a rather effective way of addressing all humanity. Humans could be either at the perfect time, and they could be either at the most imperfect time just the same. It all depended on the moment, the situation, and the individual in question. "You're not wrong," Charlemagne agreed once more.

He was beginning to pick up his discarded articles and gather them all into a pile to carry along. His trousers were folded and placed atop the tunic, greaves atop that, and lastly his faulds and vambraces. Of course, some choice words by Angelica were a source of returning embarrassment. Was that the cause behind the skintight shirt? Suddenly, one of Charlemagne's braces hit the ground. In an effort to quickly save the moment and pick it up, more pieces of armor fell due to his leaning. "Eheh~" he laughed almost nervously while scrambling pieces back together. "Yeah, I guess I'll keep that up."

In a matter of moments, Charlemagne managed to gather his things anew into a proper stack. With all that talk of working out, Angelica confirmed her own state of physical stasis. Even with that being the case, he saw only positives to the idea of a good workout. "I think it's still worth trying either way. I mean, mana transfers can't always be the answer, right? Light workouts and yoga are a staple for just relaxing. Nothing like a good muscle stretching to start the day off, or to wind down from it."

Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast