Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Templar Sanctum (Aincrad)

As she left the water, Charles took note of her hair. What he said specifically was it was exciting? That was a strange word to choose, of this Angelica was certain. Even so the hairstyle itself was one she'd come to like quite a bit and as it was naturally curly this style was one of the best she'd ever experienced. "Really, thanks, I think..." she said accepting the compliment at face value. "I used to think it was pretty boring or maybe childish, but I like it this way..." she mused. The curls themselves seemed to be almost naturally occuring the longer her hair got, tightening up so that it wouldn't drag the floor, though she still found herself playing with the curls themselves from time to time. Once upon a time, a night had been spent braiding it long so it could be measured, while Jeanne told her stories of how she and her sisters did each others' hair most days as they couldn't be bothered with their own heads.

Still the moved on and lunch was upon them. In a moment so relaxed as this, Angelica suffered quite the mishap, she approached a freshly cooked fish with too much enthusiasm and was forced into the slow cooling mouth process of breathing with something burning her tongue. All the while, Charles laughed at her but in a way that she took as uniquely good natured. "Ha...ha...ha..." she mumbled out having cooled the food enough to chew and swallow, she heard out Charles words and found him to be in a rather good humor. He even called her cute, she blushed. How could she not. She managed to look away with her nose turned up in the air. "Obviously, it was a matter of curiosity, Chuck. I wanted to try something new!" she claimed as if it was a perfectly good explanation, but it was mostly just her trying to cover a bit of her more rushed actions. She'd obviously gotten caught up in the moment a bit. "It is good though... just really hot!"

"Childish?" Charlemagne questioned. To think of something like a hairstyle as childish was, while not a new concept to him, a little strange. Hair was far from what made one childish, and those giant spirals were far from boring as well. "It's definitely not boring, and what makes a hairstyle 'childish' anyway? I'd associate that hairstyle with you alone long before I thought of it as something a kid would wear. You've kinda made it your own thing. Besides, I can't imagine it being straightened in any way. . ." The more he thought about the ridiculousness of Angelica's hair, the more he imagined never seeing the end of it if it were uncurled. He'd pay a hefty sum just to find out exactly how long it was, actually. "Hmm. . ."

Charlemagne's random hair-ogling aside, there was a very important and hilariously overzealous consumption of fish occurring. With all the work he'd been doing, Charlemagne hadn't experienced a laugh so thorough in literal years. Angelica tried to play off the situation as a matter of curiosity, which she couldn't really be blamed for either way. "Yeah, I get it. I mean... it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more conservative, but... I get it. Glad you like it regardless! Your tongue still work?" he questioned, finally calming down from the laughter and leaning in various directions as if to get a glimpse of Angelica's tongue.

Apparently Charles thought to question the childishness of her hairstyle. It was one more commonly seen on children and curly hair tended to lean towards more immature faces and bodies. Much like pigtails it wasn't considered something which could be pulled off by mature individuals. He claimed he only truly associated the style with her and he didn't think it boring. "Thanks, I guess it's childish because it seems like the sort of things only kids get away with. Or maybe more like the kind of thing adults would force onto a kid and then call immature as they got older? I thought maybe I'd been clinging to it a bit but I think it suits me. It was braided before.... and long enough to wear like a scarf to keep it from dragging the floor," she expressed of it straight. It hadn't been that since but it was rather fun indeed at the time. Her face was still rather red and it was completely Charles' fault for being so sweet about something as simple as her choice in hairstyle.

As for the matter of her overzealous consumption of hot fish, Angelica could see the future humor in the situation. Charles words about it lightened the mood quite a bit and beyond that he seemed so genuinely happy in the moment she couldn't have taken that from him. Instead she played along seeming to take his advice. "Of course, Charlie. I am the epitome of caution," she claimed while sticking her tongue out for inspection. "I'm pretty sure it's fine... it only feels a little weird. I'll have another bite in a bit," she claimed.

As for the alleged childishness of Angelica's hairstyle, Charlemagne didn't believe it was worth any additional thought. It worked, so she should keep it. Charlemagne could hardly imagine it in any other style, but lo, Angelica claimed she once had it braided and... used as a scarf? The mental image of such a thing was nonexistent, yet somehow intriguing as an idea. "Huh. I'd pay to see that too," he commented, failing to realize a slight verbal leak from his earlier train of thought.

While rolling with the humor of her minor mishap, Angelica claimed to be the epitome of caution. Alright, that was normal. What wasn't normal at all, was the sudden extension of her tongue. Nothing was off about the action, nor were there any implications to it, yet Charlemagne was taken aback for reasons he didn't previously expect. Another thought was worth silencing, apparently. "Um... yeah. Looks fine. Holy Princess, mouth closed, good idea," he rambled. At this point, Charlemagne was sure he'd be avoiding a third mug of beer; the second one was obviously affecting his brain in a way he'd rather avoid.

According to Charles, he'd pay to see the braided hairstyle she mentioned, but in addition to something else. She didn't know what he was talking about but assumed he'd mentioned a partial thought he'd not shared fully before. "Oh? Really? It seems a bit extreme to me, but you'd have to find me someone else willing to braid it and those people are few and far between," she said with a firm nod. Jeanne had been a very special kind of person, and she doubted others would feel inclined to do such random and girly things without prompting.

Whatever the case, she rolled with the humor of the moment, showing her tongue even for good measure. Strangely, Charles seemed to be spacing out a bit and doing some strange amount of rambling. This wasn't totally abnormal for him, though such behavior always seemed to occur when he was thinking too much about some random thing or another. "Maybe you should eat Chuck, you seem a bit spaced out..." she mentioned. Of course that could be taken a ton of ways but she meant it totally innocently. "Surely an experienced adventurer like yourself can manage it without nearly burning off your tongue~" she teased just a tad. She saw nothing wrong with his words and thus didn't feel the need to call him on them. They weren't that abnormal to her.

And so, a dream was deterred. The person who once braided all that hair was surely Jeanne d'Arc, considering the hairstyles typically found in that strange family. Only one hailed as the Queen of Saints could have the patience to do all of that; he'd never find anyone else both willing and capable to do it. "Ugh. Way to tell me it's something I'll never see, Angie. You're a terrible dream supporter," he complained.

Spaced-out was one way to describe Charlemagne's current predicament, he supposed. If nothing else, it was a surefire way to avoid the actual issue. He didn't think anything off about being urged to eat; in fact, he thought it to be a good idea. Charlemagne was no heavyweight drinker. A few bites would probably help the beer settle or... something. "Yeah. I should probably just do that," he said while reaching out to take the stick from Angelica's hand. She was right in assuming he could take a bite without burning his tongue, if only due to burning his tongue a thousand times before. To do so, he first had to prepare. The once-bitten fish was hovering in front of Charlemagne's face as his lips puckered to blow. Slowly but consistently, his breath caressed the steaming piscine creature to cool it gently over several moments. By the time he took a bite right next to the opening created by Angelica, it was hot, but not burning─ just as he preferred. "Hmm. That should be better. That's caution at work," he said, offering the fish once more.

"Really? I didn't think it was that much terrible news..." she said seeming not to understand why he thought it was something which couldn't ever happen. As far as Angelica understood her current life situation, eventually she'd be able to leave this place and perhaps hang out with Jeanne again. If that happened, she'd likely braid her hair for her again among other things...

Whatever other things, she needed Jeanne for, one of them was definitely explaining something to her. Of course, it had mostly to do with her current level of interaction with this young man. Right here and now she watched as he went about eating this particular kind of fish with a strange amount of care. Actually she watched as he pursed his lips and blew gently on the fish. There was nothing in this action, it wasn't sexual in the least, but she was certain she shouldn't be watching him as intently as she currently was. Her brain had begun to wander around the softness of those lips and the sensation of that same kind of breeze across her skin she wasn't even sure entirely where she wished to feel it, but she was quite certain it'd be pleasant. Ah. She was still staring and quite silent. She should probably say something, about the time she noticed she did the only thing she could, she accepted the fish back and prepared to take another bite. "Show off," she murmured mostly to save face. She'd immediately begin blowing on a different spot near by to try this supposed action.

Her lips pursed only after her tongue gently traveled over them. A breeze left her lips innocently as she gave a few seconds worth of breath under the hopes of cooling the fish to a more appropriate temperature. Of course, she could only test it one way, with a gentle bite. Her mouth opened, her perfect teeth showed and then sank into the flesh of this creature pulling away an appropriate bite size only to manage to get it into her mouth without literally setting it on fire. This time around she could at least taste the food properly and she took no issue. "Caution is pretty good," she said after she finished chewing. She offered the fish back to him and they could continue to eat.

"Of course you didn't. Stay innocent, Angie," he insisted. Wherever Jeanne d'Arc was, he believed she could be no friend of Aincrad's residents even if Father An had somehow been wrong about her apparent heresy. Little did Charlemagne know, he should have given advice such as 'stay innocent' in a more serious manner, and long before he did. Why? Well he wasn't aware of how she received his act of cooling the fish, but he would soon be aware of how he saw it from the other side. . .

Angelica called him a show-off. That wasn't unusual at all; she'd always been the type that would huff in moments like that. What was unusual, was... well, a growing list of occurrences around Angelica since they met this day. Here and now, he watched her blow on the fish just as he'd done. Alas, it wasn't a fish he saw, but something he shouldn't have been seeing at all. Why was such a simple act as blowing so very sensual? Why was he thinking this way again? Charlemagne was ignorant of the fact that something unusual may have been happening to him on a spiritual level, but maybe that had little to do with it anyway. His stare was brazen and nigh-endless, lingering on the blonde's mouth even while she offered him the fish once more. "Uh..." he muttered. Snapping back to reality, Charlemagne found a finger pointing at the corner of his own mouth, just below the bottom lip. "You've got a little um..." The statement didn't need finishing. He intended to point out a speck of food residue on Angelica's face. Of course, he also intended to look away, but that didn't seem to be happening anytime soon. No, he was going to take the fish and bite directly into it, not once looking away despite knowing he very much should.

According to Charles, Angelica should stay innocent. She didn't think she'd delivered him bad news, and had no idea what Jeanne would be like upon meeting her again. Of course, she held firm in her belief that the girl herself wouldn't really change. Her base personality was too kind and her mana always felt far too pure even to Angelica for her to think anything could have actually corrupted the lass. She knew she'd been called a heretic but she didn't find out about that until after she was gone. She'd gone quite a while without talking to her father after that, feeling rather strongly that he'd been mistaken. She planned to take it upon herself to apologize to Jeanne whenever she saw the girl again, but much to her own chagrin she'd never come back. "Bleh," she managed. She didn't know what she thought about maintaining innocence in social situations, but she knew she wasn't really maintaining any here.

No, she'd watched this man blow on his food and hadn't known what to think about it. Perhaps they should have had more open conversations between them? They were doing very similar things and it should likely be considered odd between the pair of them. Neither of them had shown as much of this problematic interest in the opposite sex as they were currently showing each other right just now. Whatever the case, she managed to get through her bite without incident or so she thought. Apparently given Charles words and gestures she managed to actually get food on her face like a child. She huffed again, this time mirroring his finger point to his face and finding a bit of fish there. She'd drag it up to her mouth and eat it as well just a moment of mere microseconds did her finger have contact with her pursed lips and open mouth. It disappeared by the tip only to reemerge cleaned of the resident fish pieces. "Well it isn't my fault. It was good..." she finally managed. Such an innocent statement, nothing was truly meant by any of her actions but she couldn't know the effects of them.

Hell. Without a shadow of a doubt, Hell was to be the final resting place of Charlemagne. All along, he'd known he should be looking away after pointing out that fish on Angelica's face. Even while biting into the fish again himself, he stared unabashedly as the most perverted thing of all time happened right before his eyes. He saw it, he studied it, and he... liked it. He wasn't supposed to like it. It was just a finger sliding casually between lips that looked to be cloudlike in texture. Wait, he shouldn't have thought that either! Worst of all, he shouldn't have that sinful feeling appear in his swim trunks.

Of course, Angelica had to top it all off with an unnecessary statement. It was good, she said after doing something so incredibly suggestive. That tingle he felt was suddenly something far more powerful and... frightening. "... Yep. Fish is good. Too good," he stated nervously, shoving the remaining fish in Angelica's direction. He had to run away, and there was no time to explain why. As such, an immediate sprint carried Charlemagne into the tent before he managed to... pitch a second tent, so to speak. Diving and falling inside, Charlemagne rolled into a seated position and proceeded to furiously press down against his own groin. Something really had to be done about that thing and its insolent sinning.

Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast