Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Templar Sanctum (Aincrad)

It wasn't easy to break a thousand year old habit. Hm, she hadn't given much consideration to that, but she also didn't think she had many habits that needed breaking. "Hm, I don't know about that... I don't think I have too many habits worth breaking," she said knowing that her own happiness was a primary objective for her. Moreover apparently it was to be considered bratty that she referred to the advice about boundaries. "Well, assuming wisdom just because the words come from someone older when everyone can potentially live for thousands of years doesn't really work for me," she explained. "Besides, at some point you'll have to make your own decisions, its probably better to do so from personal experience rather than let someone else's prior experience taint your potential ones," she expressed. Of course, she didn't argue against being a brat nor having a bratty way of thinking. She believed fully that it wasn't in the best interest of anyone to simply live as previous adults lived just because they lived that way.

On to the matter of waste, apparently everything produced it. Even at less frequent intervals than Charles knew from his previous life. "I have never done this waste thing, so maybe it was that way to start with? I was just told animals do the waste thing by father so my inference is made by omission," she tried to be generous with this thought but it was still looking like humans were more like animals than people, at least given how Angelica understood people. The other option for this in Angelica's mind was that only weak people had the bodily functions of animals, but again this was something which seemed to effect everything from hang out times, to sex lives and as such should be something more generally understood. But she wasn't so obtuse that she didn't assume it was a matter of her understanding.

Beyond this there was the actual exercise taking place here. And she could feel the movement of her own mana and sense that of Charles as well. He claimed that he thought they were talking about different things. She was quite sure she was referencing the state of his mana and by virtue of that the reaction of his body. Was this not an easily understood thing? She'd have to think about it. While she did that, she would hear that her own thoughts about this plank were at least shared by Charles. She was drawing upward and her navel was off the floor, this basically exposed her whole chest in its tight shirt and the rest of her curves were still visible. Ah, but it felt delightful as her spine seemed to be stretching quite a bit and she could feel the mana welling up in her chest. "I'll forgive the other one, this one feels nice~" she chimed seeming to enjoy this 'cobra' stretch.

Between the two of them, there were as many disagreements as there were agreements. Here and now, they were facing the former situation. Angelica refused to accept the wisdom of elders simply because anyone could live thousands of years. Charlemagne, on the other hand, couldn't view things like that at all. "It's not about the age, but about the experience. Even a child could be more experienced than an adult in some ways, and no matter the person's age, it's worth leaning on someone else's understanding when you don't have personal experience of your own. Not every mistake is one you can learn from. Taking into account what someone else has been through isn't just going to taint your own potential experience. You can use it to walk your own path with guidance... if you do it right."

With that long-winded explanation of perspective out of the way, Charlemagne settled into a new position at long last. It may not have been the smartest thing he'd ever done for achieving a goal, but it served half its intended purpose. He wasn't going to question how Angelica went from knowledge of animal excrement to an understanding of humans being the opposite; that was a path hardly worth treading. "I guess that's one way to make a leap," was all he said regarding that topic. Now, there was something else on the table... or rather, mat.

Angelica had taken the cobra pose and found it pleasant. Charlemagne could very much agree, having actual strain to the middle-back from time to time. "It's a really good one. Keep it for a bit if you like, but I'll go ahead and explain the Tree Pose for next. The next one is a standing position. Hands pressed together as if you're praying, straight posture, one leg lifted with the foot pressed against your other leg's inner thigh. It's for balance and core, so focus even more on breathing when you get to that one," he explained all while trying to remain perfectly still. It would probably be a good idea for him to look away from the princess at some point, lest he be incapable of rising from the floor at any point. It certainly wasn't working out for him currently, but again, he had hope for the upcoming pose. . .

There was quite the explanation incoming from Charles. He claimed that age wasn't a sole factor. That instead of that one should remember that anyone with more experience could be used as a point of guidance about an experience one didn't already have. She supposed she understood that. And it wasn't as if she was completely against taking advice, but in context of what they'd been discussing before, interpersonal relationships, marriages, sex and the like, it definitely seemed like the sort of thing not to let anyone else's opinion shift thought patterns. Perhaps then this would end up being another thing she had a better way of expressing her thoughts about after some time had passed? "Hm, there is a lot there, but still there is something in it I don't like... I can't figure out what it is yet though... so I'll think about it," she said clarifying her own thoughts in the moment. She did this sort of thing often, but when she came back she usually had her own ideas fully worked out, even if it took her quite a while to work through it. It was interesting at least, when they agreed on random things but disagreed on others, it seemed to be a matter of active versus a passive upbringing and small things like life knowledge based solely on a magical world and the other based in a technological one.

Moving on, the omission of Father An, in Angelica's education, was stated to be one way to make a leap. She didn't think it was that big of a leap. In all actuality there was a bit of technical truth to how she thought of humans and compared them to animals. It simply wasn't ideal or polite to do so for the most part. "It wasn't a leap, it was a logical conclusion... Humans are weird," she stated for whatever count of times that was for the day. She'd always thought humans were weird, and nothing seemed to be changing that logic very much. In fact the more she learned directly the weirder she thought they were. But there was still exercise, and since she liked her current position she would keep it for a time and was advised to. According to Charles this position was a good one, but he was explaining and moving on to the next. In theory it sounded like more exercise than any of the lying positions. Of course, along with it came more breathing and the like, but she imagined it would be very good for pushing mana about ones body. She'd take it into consideration. "That sounds a bit more like meditation," she said.

As always, Angelica would carry on by holding the current topic in her own mind. She'd eventually come up with something keeping to her side of the disagreement; that much could always be expected. For now, it seemed they would remain at an impasse. "Of course you will. I'll wait for it," he said, strangely as if looking forward to the moment. Frankly, he was. It was always interesting to see when the shut-in princess hardened a belief she already held firm. She had an interesting quality of rationality for one with so little human interaction.

Angelica further insisted that no leaps had been made. Yes, there was logic in her assumption based solely on the information she had. On the other hand, it linked directly to her comparison of humankind to common beasts. "Humans are weird, but so is everything if you're looking at it from an outside perspective. You're weird," he responded. Angelica obviously wouldn't be changing her perspective on humanity any time soon, nor should she have to. In fact, Charlemagne was sure she'd only think humans were stranger after meeting more of them. Even the way she carried herself had always been distinctly inhuman, though... there were a few who considered themselves human, that perhaps she might have more similarities to.

Whatever the case, there was a comment about the next pose. In many ways, Angelica was completely accurate. The pose he mentioned was more for the mind and soul than the body, though it did have its physical advantages as well. "It basically is. Most of yoga is meditation. This stuff just stops the body from getting in the way. Tree Pose should be more potent as meditation after conditioning your body and mana with the others before it."

Charles claimed he'd wait for whatever it was that Angelica came up with. One of the many things she enjoyed about him, was the amount of patience he showed, even when her entire purpose was to argue with him about some random point or another. They had these varying opinions on many things, but when it came down to it, he was always willing to hear out her thoughts on topics. It was one of the things she found most relieving about him. Not that he would just go along with whatever she said, but that he would hear her out even while disagreeing with her, it was a point of charm.

As she thought over the point she seemed content to hold, other things were brought to her attention. For instance, it was claimed by Charles that humans were indeed odd, but she was also. She gave that a bit of thought. She likely seemed weird to others, but she always figured that was a matter of them not meeting people like her. Of course she wouldn't discount that which made her different from others, "I'm different," she said with that hint of brattiness which always seemed to be in the background of her speech.

But that also didn't matter, they moved on to exercise and she finally lifted herself from her floor stretch to take the position of a tree. Doing so, she lifted one leg to her thigh and placed her hands before herself palm to palm. Her breathing became easy and she seemed to find balance without issue at all. She could feel her own mana buzzing about and felt that it would be rather easy to poke the connection between herself and her mother. "Hm, I could have used this days ago when I was trying to figure out how to reach mom, no matter, it will make it pretty easy I guess," she mentioned. Ah, yes, deep breathing and the like, perfect posture the curves of her body now practically radiating her mana which was being moved about by earlier exercises. Angelica felt at peace.

Different, Angelica insisted. She made it seem like the difference between 'weird' and 'different' was like the difference between night and day. Charlemagne saw it differently. "That's just saying weird without saying weird!" he countered. There was no getting around a simple fact; by majority rule, Angelica was more weird than the humans she spoke of. Also by majority rule, one could say humans were perfectly normal, and her teachings were beyond unorthodox.

Moving on yet again, it seemed time for Angelica to take the next pose. She stood, her hands came together, and one foot rose against the other leg. As Charlemagne observed this, he found himself rising from the floor without even deciding to do so. Slouching, he stood, with no regard to the state of his lower body. It seemed something about that mana coursing through Angelica had taken over his very will. He'd been staring with an excuse, having to keep track of her yoga poses and all, but that notion was dust in the wind. Her mana was almost visible to him, and of course... its most vibrant points were around the curves of her figure. He'd never escape this sort of situation, would he? In a way, Charlemagne could say that marriage couldn't come quickly enough ─ at least the awkwardness of it all might fade away. "I'm guessing you could have used this to do anything you wanted," he said absently. "Maybe even end the world if you wanted. Or make a new one. . ."

Charles had some hard opinions about the nature of the word weird. He claimed it to be concisely implied by her use of the word different. Of course Angelica saw it differently. "Hmph, you only think that because humans are weird," she said, mostly in jest. Ah, she'd gone back to teasing strangely enough. At the end of it all, she did see the slightest difference between the words and understood her implications. For her, it didn't matter how many humans thought she was an oddity, because that whole numbers game just led closer and closer towards the idea of them being animals. Not that she saw all humans as animals, she simply found it strange that they had so many animalistic qualities.

Whatever the case, she'd changed her pose and after commenting on the nature and ease of her mana use, returned to her breathing exercises. Of course, in the same moment, it seemed that Charles was content to observe. She found nothing odd about this, and figured simply that as the one teaching this he wished to make sure she was doing everything properly. What was more, she didn't mind his eyes being on her at all. She was unbothered by attention from Charles, and if she was being honest was quite fond of it. What was more, even with her eyes closed, his slouching and the swirling of his mana was something she could sense. He really was dealing with quite a lot for someone who seemed so content to ignore his own urges so often. Still, she'd use his comment to keep their conversation light, "I am sure I could use it for many things, but I don't think my personality aligns much to ending things. Making things seems to be much more fulfilling to me," she confirmed.

Naturally, the ever so bratty Holy Princess had an immediate comeback for the male. According to her, he only thought the way he did because humans were weird. It was such a simple, even childish comeback to hear, and yet... he couldn't laugh at it. He would have laughed, even should have laughed, but... it wasn't happening. Why? Simply put, Charlemagne was busy. . .

Indeed, his blatant staring had taken precedence over all other things. There wasn't even a need for meditation or yoga of his own; simply observing Angelica seemed to put him and his mana at peace. Well, that wasn't entirely true. His mana was in anything but a peaceful state, seeming more keen on thrashing about within the confines of Charlemagne's body ─ almost as if it would one day break free and seek Angelica of its own volition. All the chaos of it gave Charlemagne the strangest low ache of a feeling within. Ironically enough, it was something he felt in his manhood... which left him completely ignorant of the sensation due to what he felt already. "Uh-huh. . ."

There was probably a point somewhere in Charlemagne's mind, even if it didn't manage to pass his lips. He could definitely say creating things was more in her nature. Looking at her now, anyone with sense could tell she had the capacity to create a thousand children. Wait... why was he thinking about children? That was random. Obviously it had something to do with the name 'child's pose' from the position he'd taken most often today. Speaking of yoga poses, he still had to mention the next one. "Right. Triangle Pose. One foot steady, the other out to one side. Extend the second leg until your legs together make a triangle, and uh... lean toward that foot... until you can touch it. Other arm straight in the air, neck turned so you can look straight up as well... I think."

Oddly enough, her witty reply didn't come with any particular sass back from Charles. That was quite odd, she might have thought she'd gotten one over on him, but she was certain it should have been worth a laugh, a rebuff or at least another call of her being bratty. Ah, but no such thing came, still she was certain his eyes were on her, perhaps she'd take a little peek through her thick lashes to see what was going on with Charles in a more direct manner. "Are you alright there, Chuck?" she asked in a thoroughly teasing manner. Though to his credit he did go on to explain the next pose. She took one last deep breath after her particularly nice time in such a meditative stance, and then began to follow his direction.

The leg she had raised, lowered and straightened. She extended it out to the same side it was on. Once her legs were wide. Her body easily found the position it needed and her arms seemed to rotate of their own accord until one was reaching for her toes on the extended side, while the other reached up for the sky. Her head eventually turned and she took in the views of her settling starry sky. All was at ease. And the feeling of her mana seemed to have reached about to her throat as she exhaled while looking upwards. "I don't know if triangle is the right name for this, it seems a bit too much about the legs," she mused just as she had commented on everything else. Her limbs felt long her body felt stretched and she was beginning to feel an interesting pull in the depths of her being. As if a certain emptiness existed along side her current mana movement. Hm, that sensation was at least familiar, it felt a bit like it had when she'd approached Charles directly to kiss him. Ah, was this that thing her mother spoke of... the 'Call of Creation'. She'd need a bit more time to be certain.

This was not the first time Charlemagne had entered such a trance today, and it probably wouldn't be the last by his approximation. Currently, it would be very difficult to think he was 'alright' as Angelica asked. In a way, he'd never been better. That could be called an untruth just as easily, though. "Yep. Just peachy," was his verbal response. It didn't matter if he was being teased, nor did anything else in the world matter currently. Little did Charlemagne realize, he was once again spiritually seeking a goal. His mind could process it as well, albeit separately. Ah, but what would that mean in the end? Basically, nothing.

Another pose was on the horizon ─ one which Charlemagne would keep under great scrutiny. What a wonderful idea. He didn't imagine there would be much appeal to a simple sideways stretch of that nature, but there was a hefty amount of it for sure. Charlemagne's head turned sideways just to follow Angelica's movement, and there it sat for quite some time. "... Yeah. It's got legs. Hips, chest... stuff," he blabbered. "They should call it birthing pose." Why did those words pass his lips at all? Well, Charlemagne didn't know. Maybe he'd find out eventually, or maybe... he'd go the realistic route and continue drawing blanks for the foreseeable future.

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast