Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Templar Sanctum (Aincrad)

Angelica would find herself slipping into a dress and subsequently flattening it out while looking in the mirror. Once she was certain every curl was in place she came out to find Charles mostly dressed and near the foot of her bed. He apparently had interesting commentary about the man who'd been sent to fetch him and claimed some sort of difference in the man's personality when he waited too long. "I don't recognize the name or anything, but I don't know if I like how you said... different just then..." she mused. Still she was dressed and sure nothing was amiss with her attire.

"So, are you ready then? I'm ready~" she mused seemingly happy to create a path for them straight down the the gardens. They could descend into the gardens after taking less than 30 minutes or so to completely get ready for the day. Of course, she had no idea how this Fierabras would respond to the wait. In fact, that name didn't sound familiar to her at all, so she was left to wonder which individual they were. She didn't remember meeting anyone with a name like that at all. She have a bit of time to consider it while they made their way down the path to the gardens and then she'd see something quite unexpected.

"Eh?" Thinking about it in the moment, Charlemagne realized Angelica had no reason to know Fierabras. She'd seen almost every member of his group, but Fierabras was added a bit after the party formed. "Ah, right. He was one of the Saracens back then. He got into it with us a lot back in the day, especially with Olivier. He joined the group eventually," he explained briefly. As for Fierabras being different after waiting, perhaps it wasn't as bad as he made it sound. A bit of clarification may have helped that as well. "That's the best way I could put it. I don't think he's unbrearable or anything. He's just... a little weird."

Perhaps Angelica would understand Charlemagne's meaning when they reached the garden. Down from the tower they went on a trip that would eventually bring Fierabras into sight. There he was, looking nearly two meters tall even while sitting at Angelica's garden table. He was staring down into a teacup with no tea inside, as he wouldn't have started drinking while others were sure to arrive. Once they were in range, he looked toward the pair. "Eighty-two pollen spores fell into my cup. I wonder if it will create a new flavor profile," he commented, much to Charlemagne's amusement. "Well uh... I can't say I've ever considered the flavor of pollen. I'm sure you'll let me know how it turns out though, yeah?" said Charlemagne. "Anyway. Angie, this is Fier. He's the one with the ridiculous sense of taste... and the weird tastes to go along with it, I guess."

Angelica was given a bit of background on the man known as Fierabras. He was a former enemy turned comrade. He had fought a lot against them, especially against Olivier. There was the claim that he wasn't an unbearable individual he was just weird. Meanwhile, Angelica simply found the entirety of the idea of joining up with ones enemies to become a trusted member of their group to be a bit strange. "I don't really get the enemy to friend thing, but maybe I don't really have to," she said with a nod. "If you say he's all right I can trust you about it," she said carefully. Whatever the case she was not prepared for the first thing she saw upon reaching the gardens.

This man was sitting at her table, and he was... huge. She was certain he'd have to look down at her even just a little while sitting in a chair. Standing he had to be absolutely frightening. She managed only a look of sheer curiosity. Even so, she maintained a quiet amount of shock while Charles and this man had a conversation about the number of pollen grains that had fallen within his cup? What? Yes, definitely odd, but that wasn't even the most pressing point here. "Listen here, Chuck I think you left out the most important point! This guy is huge!" she said seeming to have forgotten anything resembling manners, she recovered pretty quickly though. "Oops, I didn't mean that the way it sounded. I've never met someone so tall... it's amazing... just different. I'm Angelica, nice to meet you. Do you want to try the tea? I have no idea of pollen will make a difference but I grew everything here so it isn't anything it wouldn't have already been exposed to," she explained of the situation. Ah, whatever the case, she seemed to have recovered though a bit sheepish she went to join this man at the table content to have tea. Someone like Turpin would have given them a rundown of what was going on with everyone else. She didn't know what to expect of Fierabras, but she could be friendly.

One couldn't expect Angelica to fully grasp the enemy-turned-friend. That sort of thing was one of the random, impossible to predict things that could happen in the adventuring world. Charlemagne couldn't even properly explain how it all happened; it was unexpected to him as well. "I know it sounds weird, but he's one of the most stand-up guys I know! There are few people I'd take by my side before him. Though I'd say the same about all my friends..." he said with a casual eye roll.

Once they arrived, Fierabras proved his strangeness with only a few words. Charlemagne figured things would become clear, but what Angelica took issue with was something else entirely. She pointed out the gargantuan size of Fierabras in a manner none would ever expect of a princess. Apparently, that was the most important thing here, and Charlemagne had left it out entirely. He even seemed a bit confused by the mention. "Eh?! But he's an elf. Of course he's huge!" said Charlemagne. Fierabras had little to say, but something to say nonetheless. "Elf does not mean gigantic. Racist," the elf said plainly. While Charlemagne huffed over that ridiculous accusation, Fierabras set his gaze upon Angelica. To her, he had more words to share. "You're both glowing. The atmosphere of this floor must be amazing. I'll try the tea with more pollen if you have it. No sugar," he said. Fierabras spoke in a very flat manner, but it was his genuine tone. Charlemagne, for one, knew that his talk of the atmosphere was exactly what he assumed regarding the glow around them. As such, Charlemagne was snickering shortly after hearing the elf's speech.

Charles described Fierabras as one of the most stand up guys he knew. Angelica knew by words alone that he meant that trusted the man. She knew for a fact that those without trust didn't find themselves attached to Charles long term, so even if she didn't understand how they'd become friends, she was still happy for them. "I realize that, so as long as all of you are happy. I am happy for you," she said seeming to be content even while not truly understanding the situation.

That aside, there was the matter of Fierabras who was an Elf, now that Angelica was looking at him directly. Still that wasn't something to just assume, given how many different sorts of humanoids had pointed ears. She'd once read in a book that such a thing mean a connection to divinity. "I can't assume someone with pointy ears is an elf, that's racist," Angelica followed up. Playfully terse. Just the same, it seemed that Fierabras was equally capable of being in a good mood, as he didn't seem upset at all, even when calling Charles out for his 'racist' ideologies. Of course, Angelica hadn't shown the best side of her royal upbringing initially but she was still a fairly reasonable person as such, when the man said he'd try the tea, with extra pollen she thought about how to gather it. "I don't have it, but... give me a second," she said about the pollen. Comments about their glowing nature and the type of floor this was were an interesting connection, but given the snicker of Charles she thought the better of commenting. Instead a golden looking jewel was formed at the tip of her finger, and it seemed to magnetize pollen grains to it sucking it inside as she concentrated her mana on it. A few seconds of gathering later, and there was a small jewel with a small flaw which could have pollen poured out of it, in her hands. "Here, it's more pollen. I'm sorry you had to wait on us," she said offering before taking her seat at the table. No one could say that she wasn't a good host. She'd pour his cup of tea and one for Charles as well. This table included some fresh fruit and other small offerings in case of the princess' hunger as per usual. "Also help yourselves," she offered with a bright smile. Yes, a little breakfast with a new friend was no problem at all.

"Eh? Eh?!" Charlemagne was baffled. One truth existed for him around those he knew. No matter what, he'd always end up the butt of someone's joke or teasing. In this case, both Fierabras and Angelica were calling him racist for calling elves tall individuals. "Both of you?! Literally every elf I've ever seen has been tall!" he insisted. Fierabras had little reaction to this, bar a few more words to share. "Your personal experience has created a stereotype. Elf does not mean gigantic," he reiterated.

Charlemagne had little choice but to give up. Apparently, he was just some sort of racist. Fierabras didn't seem to be legitimately bothered at all. Of course, he didn't seem to be much of anything other than pleased ─ as he always seemed. Apart from anything else, Angelica seemed willing to provide additional pollen for his tea, and that was something to be satisfied about. She produced some sort of gem which drew pollen into itself. By the time she was done with whatever magic she utilized, Fierabras was offered a small container of pollen to pour in as he saw fit. "You're too kind. I don't mind the wait. It gave me time to discover something that may be a delicacy," he claimed while shaking gratuitous amounts of pollen into his teacup. While they sat and drank, he would have more information to share. "I should catch you up. Everyone in the group is waiting on Floor 100. Astolfo learned overheard a conversation he wasn't prepared for last night, so Janessa has been keeping him tame. The same could be said of Roland now that Olivier has some free time. The coronation shouldn't be very problematic, nor should the aftermath," he explained.

So then, Charlemagne could assume Astolfo now knew of Jeanne d'Arc's fate. He'd been meaning to find a way of letting the lad know directly, but... it was going to come out eventually regardless. "That's a shame. I meant to tell him myself at some point. There's never a good time for it. Oh well. If he manages to stay rational about it, he might be able to help us solve the mystery."

Charles found himself flustered by the combined teasing of Angelica and Fierabras. Angelica found it humorous and thus kept a little giggle to herself even as she prepared the pollen for the man sitting at her table already. Even so, Charles and Fierabras seemed to have a pretty good friendship, as she'd noted between the man and all of the members of his party she'd witnessed him interact with. Truly, she was happy he had a group so enjoyable to keep him company.

According to Fierabras, Angelica was too kind and he didn't mind the wait as he may have discovered some new delicacy. "If you say so... I am not sure what kind of delicacy that might be, but if it adds something I'm interested in finding out. I could like raise bees or something in my spare time to help out the process a bit more," Angelica said. She wasn't as interested in nature as some other people, but she did have a wide variety of activities she used to keep herself busy. Moreover, there was the matter of something else, and that was, what the group that belonged to Charles had been up to for the duration of their evening.

Angelica added honey to her tea, and heard out the words spoken by the man. The idea that Astolfo had found out about Jeanne was something rather problematic. What was being done to keep him from freaking out though sounded strange. "I find myself slightly worried by the wording of everyone in this group when they talk about keeping anyone tame," she said her brows drawn together in confusion. Regardless, it seemed that Charles thought the man might have been good to help figure out the mystery of Jeanne d'Arc if he could be kept that way. Roland also being kept calm was pretty good. Still, perhaps there was some nuance to that lad that she didn't understand, mostly due to not understanding how simply being turned down had turned him into such a raging animal. Just the same she'd enjoy her tea and eat a few pieces of fruit, it would be bad to have a grumbling stomach during a coronation. Not that she figured she'd feel hungry considering the amount of energy she'd consumed. "You should eat a bit, Charlie," she mentioned figuring that it was more likely for him to feel fatigue than her, given the nature of mana exchange.

Ah, it seemed the Holy Princess didn't share Fierabras's interest in eclectic cuisine. Oh well; he'd have to make new discoveries by himself before offering his feedback. If Angelica decided to start raising bees in the end, perhaps she'd have a regular visitor all for the purpose of acquiring... pollen. "I will let you know if it satisfies." Fierabras, at least to one who knew him well, seemed rather excited to try this pollen tea. Charlemagne watched the elf stir a cup of pollenated liquid, being nothing but pleased by the enjoyment experienced by a comrade... Even one who recently called him a racist. In the meantime, Charlemagne prepared his own cup. He would be steering clear of the pollen, but he'd take a bit of honey. "If you're using honey as a sweetener, you may as well start raising bees anyway," he commented.

The moment of truth was upon them. Upon taking his first sip of pollen-infused tea, Fierabras had a very unique sparkle in his eyes. Charlemagne knew in an instant how he felt about drinking pollen, and Angelica would find out soon enough. "It's incredible! It's chalky, but sweet. Much better than sugar," Fierabras explained. Overall, he figured there would never be a use for sugar in his tea again. Maybe he would even try raising bees. . .

Moving on, there was the matter of the Twelve Peers and their strange mannerisms when addressing each other's problems. Charlemagne shrugged in response to Angelica's concern, knowing there were many ways by which Astolfo could be... mediated. None of them, however, were any of his business. "We don't meddle. However Janessa managed to calm him down is her business. We can speculate, but we all pretty much agreed to keep out of each other's... preferences a long time ago. Astolfo is pretty much the only one who doesn't listen. Well, besides maybe Roland, but he's also kinda crazy," Charlemagne rambled while picking out a few pieces of fruit. Now that Angelica mentioned it, he was feeling a bit famished. "Yeah, good idea. I haven't eaten since the fish."

According to Fierabras, he would share if the pollen was a satisfactory addition to his tea. Good, technically speaking Angelica was pretty interested to know. As for Charles, commentary on her raising bees, she could only shrug. "Someone brings the honey to me. I know how it is made, and I know it is gathered on this floor but it isn't something I have a personal hand in. I don't even know where the nest is... or whatever," she stated of her own lack of bee based knowledge. Of course this was part of the strangeness of her upbringing. After all, no one would expect the princess to take much of an interest in where things come from, and most spent a lot of time diverting away from her when she asked questions... even though they were seriously just a point of curiosity.

The oddity of her upbringing aside, Fierabras had a concise and detailed explanation of the addition of pollen to his tea. He also seemed to be rather excited by the addition itself. "Hm, sounds more like dry honey, which also sounds pretty good..." she mused seeming to understand them a bit better. "I'm glad you found some happiness in your new experience. I may have to try it myself sometime~" she stated, figuring that pollen could have a few uses in some things she liked. She'd definitely put in some thought to raising a few bees. An apiary would be an apt addition to her many small works on this floor. Yes, an apiary would be potentially fun.

While she thought this over, Charles explained how the privacy of the Peers seemed to work. No one questioned the preferences of each other. And most didn't share them openly aside from people like Astolfo and apparently Roland. This reminded Angelica of her introduction to a certain member of Charles group which she thought to mention the oddity of, when it'd been sort of lost in their investigation the previous day. "Oh? Is that why we were ignoring the fact that Olivier was using a guy as a chair yesterday, in a way much less conventional than I would expect someone to do so?" she asked seeming to have made some sense of things. She imagined however the group kept each other out of their personal affairs was likely fine but she hadn't known the previous day if she was odd for noticing or not. Actually, several of the individuals she'd met seemed to have some rather odd quirks about them.

Charlemagne believed Angelica's preference for honey should have her raising bees already. Angelica, on the other hand, kept herself distant from the process, leaving others to bring her honey instead of being involved somehow in its creation. That was strange for her; Charlemagne figured she would take joy in involvement. In this case however, her method of choice left him curious. "There it is. Your princess part is showing," he said flatly before sipping tea. While drinking, Charlemagne thought the better of that statement. His cup lowered slowly, and he shared additional words. "Alright. Never saying that again. Princess parts? Eugh," he cringed audibly.

Fierabras continued to enjoy his odd choice of tea. Angelica thought to try it herself at some point, which he certainly recommended to anyone. What he didn't recommend, was concerning oneself with Olivier's choices, which Angelica brought into question. "Yes," he stated firmly before Charlemagne could even speak. There was such certainty in his voice, as if it were taboo to address such things as Olivier did. In fact, it almost was in their group. Charlemagne himself would go on to add more of an explanation. "Yeah, that's a whole bunch of 'Olivier business' we tend to steer clear of. With people like her and Astolfo, speculation alone is automatically outlandish while still being in the realm of possibility. It's best for everyone's mental health to keep involvement at a minimum. To ask too many questions is to offer your own involvement in somebody's weirdness, so we all just decided to respect each other's differences and leave well enough alone."

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast